Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Re: Looking Epic and Taking Your Candy

Post by Wind Waker Link on Wed Apr 17, 2013 5:46 pm

They had made their way to Kev's cottage, undeterred by the autumn weather and enjoying the walk through the plains. As they approached Kev's cosy home though, this Link couldn't hold back the excitement because ANIMALS! Even if they were sleepy animals, they were still animals and the costumed boy all but fell or climbed over the stone fences in attempt to reach and pet the nearest sleepy animal. His pet piglet was less than amused at the sight and smell of the animals, choosing instead to stay near Impa's ankles where he'd be safe and well lit from the lantern light.

Actually, had the prospect of candy not been there to lure him towards Kev's cottage and doorway, Link would had made a detour to to the animals around the cottage. Night time or not, that llama looked like it would either be very fun to feed or very fun to wrestle until Link was sitting on its back. But the treat bag in his hand reminded him of their mission for the night: ALL THE CANDY!

So it was that Link followed the other Link, Sheik and Impa to the doorstep, stood there, fixing his mask back onto his face and waited with as patiently as he could with sweets on his mind. He heard noise coming from the other side of the door and blinked when the door opened, both at the dramatic pose Kev was striking and at the sudden flood of light from the cottage's interior.

The adole-lost-Link, Radi-lost-Link again Ka-ra-tea(tea?) oh he knew tortoise! Whatever kind of tortoise Kev was being, Link was going to figure it was a heroic one judging by the bandanna and pose. May as well play along then!

"Grrraaar!" roared Link under his mask, puffing his chest out and shoulder back to look proud and as tall as his almost four foot height could be. It is I, Link-lezub who dares come to the home of Kev the Adole-forgot-forgot-Tea Tortoise! Then even more words were forgotten as Kev shook the bowl and the young innkeeper's eyes went from Kev's face straight down to the bowl. Candy! Sounds like a lot too!

TRICK OR TREAT! His sign waved.

When the treats were safely deposited from something-Tea Tortoise's bowl into Link-lezub's treat bag, Link nodded along with the Zelda and Link's words. "We would go further out of the city as well but it'll take all night and if we did that, we wouldn't have time to come visit you!" Then Link lifted his mask and waggled his thick eyebrows at the Kryptonistanian, wriggled his hand like he was signing his name on thin air then pointed at his cardboard shell. Can he sign your shell, Mr. Tea Tortoise?
    Impa
    Stock Pot Inn Staff

Stock Pot Inn Staff

Level : 60

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Impa on Sat Apr 20, 2013 6:14 pm

Impa could not help but smile in amusement at both Kev's splendid arrival at the door as well as the greetings he and her three charges exchanged. No matter the location, it was always nice to get to see her friend, and it was especially good to see him in such high spirits on this festive occasion. He certainly made a fine Adolescent Radioactive Karate Tortoise, and with his mighty candy bowl as a trusted weapon, anyone would think twice before crossing him on this eve. At Kev's assessment of the three children and small pig at his door, Impa nodded, noting, "Indeed they have."

Her smile shifted into something more of a grin as Kev addressed her, and with a slight shrug and tilt of the head, Impa stated, "That I am. Even though I am from the distant past, tonight I seem to have been taken over by the Sorceress of Shadows. I am thus compelled to lead these four little demons from home to home, watching as they collect the very lifeblood from the candy bowls within."

Once Link, Sheik, and Link exclaimed the three magic words for Halloween, each of them soon moved to greet Kev even better with their reasons for coming out here tonight. It had been a bit of a trek, but as ever, it was a simple one and one that they were each rather familiar with by now.

"No holiday is complete without catching you around it," added Impa. "And I must say, you look rather dashing tonight. Quite heroic, too."
    Kev

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Kev on Thu May 02, 2013 5:02 pm

A Guardian of the Silent Realm, the Great Demon Batreaux, Prixlezub and mini-Zub, and Impa was the Sorceress of Shadows! "So many scary creatures out tonight! Perhaps I shouldn't have opened the door at all! Not that the Karate Tortoise is intimidated or anything, of course not! Its just more than the Karate Tortoise bargained for!" He chuckled at Impa's own words, especially the term 'lifeblood' for the candy the kids would consume. "The spirit possessing you must be very strong to help you wrangle these children!"

He looked over the kids after they gave their chant of 'Trick or treat' and since he'd rather the place stay clean and toilet paper free, guess he would have to hand over the goodies~! He looked at the three open bags and reached into his bowl, grabbing large handfuls and depositing the candy into their bags. "Four fearsome creatures have come tonight! A Great Demon, a mysterious Guardian, and Prixlezub, along with his son!" He gestured at the little piggy. "May this candy appease you Great creatures! Chocolate tastes better than a Karate Tortoise anyways~ I'm radioactive, you know!"

Candy given, the act was dropped and the trio expressed their happiness at seeing him again. "Thanks! It took me a while to find a cardboard box big enough to fit me. It was really fun to make my own costume this time!" He chuckled and grabbed all three kids into a hug. "I appreciate the visit, and its always good to see you! Costumes and candy or no!~" A visit from the Hyruleans was always welcome! Any visits at all were welcome, honestly. "Why thank you, Impa~! Your costumes are very scary too! Another time, you should tell me what a Great Demon and Guardian is like, since I assume they're from your world!"

Hm? What was Link doing, writing in the air? After a few moments of blank staring, it hit him. "Oh!" He reached into the cottage and grabbed a pen that was nearby, hunkering down to Link's level so he could sign the shell. "Go ahead! You all can, if you want"
    Zelda/Sheik
    Stock Pot Inn Staff

Stock Pot Inn Staff

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Zelda/Sheik on Sat May 04, 2013 1:21 pm

Sheik grinned behind her mask at the added greetings from Link and Link, right before laughing a bit to herself at Impa's own statement to Kev. Her first Halloween last year had been a rather fun time, but between the new costumes, the added in-character factors, and the bonds she had built since then, this one was already proving to be even more amazing. And best of all, they got to close it out between Kev's cottage before they returned home!

At Kev's responses to seeing the scary creatures out and about, Sheik chuckled a bit, making sure to keep her voice even deeper for the intimidating foe that she was masquerading as. Once he had deposited the candy into their bags, she glanced back up to him, red eyes glowing brightly as she declared, "The Guardian of the Silent Realm is pleased! This will do in lieu of a Tear of the Goddess!"

At that, Sheik placed her club-sword back down, pointing it towards the ground as she then seemed to stop in place, the glow in her eyes soon vanishing. Now that her own part of the act had been dropped, she laughed even more as she lifted the front part of her mask up to show her face now. At Kev's note about his costume for this year, she nodded, stating, "I bet, but you did a great job with it! We all had fun making our costumes this year too."

Her grin only grew when the Kryptonistanian caught her, Link, and Link in a hug, and she returned it as best she could from her present angle. At his own mention about the great demon and guardian, Sheik nodded to Kev before noting, "They are from Hyrule, yes… actually from its distant past. We'd be happy to tell you another time!"

Sheik was admittedly a bit confused at the older Link's miming of writing, for even though she understood what he was asking, she wasn't quite sure why he'd want to sign the shell of Kev's costume. Still, whether she got the significance behind it or not, she thought it was a neat idea, so around the signing from her two best friends, Sheik also took the pen and wrote the name of her alias in old Hylian script. Nodding in approval, she looked back to Kev before stating, "There you go… all set!"
    Link64
    Stock Pot Inn Staff

Stock Pot Inn Staff

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Link64 on Sat May 04, 2013 2:03 pm

Wow, Kev was even more into the spirit of this holiday than Link had thought he might be! He was not surprised at all, but it was still great to see. He laughed a little in spite of himself at his assessment of the scary creatures before him, as well as at Impa and Kev's exchange over the Sorceress of Shadows. The only thing that made this even more perfect was their friend's proclamation upon giving them the candy!

"Oh, it's what I always wanted! Candy, not Gratitude Crystals! This is even better than being human!" Link exclaimed, trying his best to hit the dramatic tone of the demon he was currently portraying. As soon as they all dropped the act though, he was laughing outright and returning Kev's hug with one of his own. Nodding in agreement with Sheik, Link added, "I had the same trouble in finding the right pieces of cardboard for my costume last year! I might have taken some time, but yours is perfect!"

"Can you close up like a tortoise?" Tatl asked, raising a curious wing as she hovered just above her Link. Hey, if he was going all out, it was worth inquiring about!

Link blinked curiously at the older Link's writing in the air, right before his eyes lit up at catching what he was trying to convey. Sign Kev's shell? Huh… he wasn't quite sure why his friend had thought of that, but that sounded like a great idea to him!

Once the older boy had written his name and Sheik hers, Link took the pen presented by Kev and added his own signature to the side of the shell. With a quick look and a satisfied nod, Link grinned to their friend before stating, "Ha! My mark has been left!" Now hopefully the shell would serve as an even better memory of this year's Halloween!
    Wind Waker Link
    Stock Pot Inn Staff

Stock Pot Inn Staff

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Wind Waker Link on Mon May 06, 2013 5:13 pm

Rather than staying in character with his costume like the younger Link and Zelda, the older Link and also the one who possessed the biggest sweet tooth of them all, instead lifted his mask, eyes wide and staring in blatant disbelief at the large handfuls of candy Kev the Rat-Tea-Turtle placed in their treat bags. So much?! Was he sure? Link stared into his treat bag, mouth pulled into a happy grin as both the weight and look of the bag looked and felt like an early Christmas present! So much! He wasn't even sure if could eat them all tonight but he would try! Boy, would he try!

The costumed pet piglet on the other hand, snorted primly when he was gestured at. It had no idea what was being said here but it was dragged all the way out here, its hooves were muddy and darn right, he should have the specific attention only a deliberate gesture could give. Now can they please go home so that he could roll onto his back in front of the heater yet?

So when Kev hugged them, Link laughed and returned the hug just as happily, with an extra squeeze for thanks whilst making sure not to knock the horns of his mask on his friend's head. It was always great to see Kev as well especially outside of world ending moments. "I think your costume is great," he wrote on his digiglass as they pulled away from the hug. "You'll have to tell us about Rat-Tea-Tortoises as well some time!"

"Aa!" exclaimed the boy in delight as Kev reached for a pen. YES! Signing the shell! There was no particular reason for signing Kev's shell as much as it was the same reason children cannot leave a cast for a broken limb unsigned; it was just a neat and cool idea.

Link hummed as he signed his name neatly on the shell then, with a glance down at Ganon the piglet, he drew a pig hoofprint by his name for the mini-mini-Prixlezub. He handed the pen to the other Link, stepped back and shared a satisfied nod with Impa and Sheik. Tonight had been a great night and LOOK AT HOW MUCH CANDY THEY GOT!
    Impa
    Stock Pot Inn Staff

Stock Pot Inn Staff

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Impa on Tue May 07, 2013 6:25 pm

"So it would seem…" mused Impa, laughing softly herself at Kev's response to their own act. She might have been dressed as her ancestor, but it had been rather amusing to speak in jest of the future Sorceress of Shadows, Veran.

The Sheikah smiled broadly at both Kev's giving of the candy as well as the excited reactions of Link, Sheik, and Link. As the lot of them dropped from impersonating the characters they portrayed, Impa folded her arms and nodded approvingly at their friend's description of his costume. She readily agreed that it was always nice to see the Kryptonistanian as well, and now more than ever she was quite glad that they had all made the starlit trek out to Kev's cottage. Impa shared a brief smile with Sheik before nodding to second that telling him about Batreaux and the Guardian of the Silent realm another time would be a nice idea. After all, they were from a very interesting point in Hyrule's past history…

Once the three Hylians had signed Kev's cardboard shell, Impa soon found that the younger Link had offered her the pen as well. With a pleased chuckle, she nodded and accepted the writing implement, right before shrugging with a grin. She might as well too, after all. With a deft hand and a quick sweep of the wrist, the Sheikah had written her own name on the shell, and at catching all of the signed names, she looked back to Kev. Offering the pen to him, she stated, "There you are. Now we've got another reminder of this fine occasion."
    Kev

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Kev on Sat May 11, 2013 1:42 am

Kev's own black eyes looked at Sheik's red ones happily, snickering. "Oh good! I just ran out of Tears of Goddess this morning." Where would he even get such a thing? Perhaps they were easy to acquire in their universe, or perhaps just the Silent Realm. The first Link was next, expressing his joy for the candy and declaring it better than being a human. "Right on!" He struck a pose. "Candy's better than some tubular cal zones!" The preferred food of ADKTs everywhere! The second Link dropped character altogether and instead eyed his bounty eagerly. "I hope it all tastes good! Both what I gave you, and the other candies!"

"Oh, so you guys made your own costumes too? Good job! They look really great!" Not that he'd know what a Great Demon or Guardian of the Silent Realm really looked like, but of course they didn't know what a Adolescent Radioactive Karate Tortoise looked like. Link had trouble finding cardboard for his last costume, eh? "What was your last costume?" He gave the three a nice affectionate hug before letting them go, admiring them for the moment and noting how much they had grown. "Distant past, you say? You'll have to tell me about them, next time!"

Kev turned to the little fairy and pulled his arms inside the box. "I can, a little bit! And if I do this...and that...little bit..." He pressed his hands against the inside of the box and shimmied it up to cover his head. "Alright, closed up!~" He kept it up for only a moment before dropping the box back down to his shoulders, and poking his arms back through the arm holes. These kids and their compliments, you were going to make him blush!~ He nodded and ruffled the mute Link's hair to the best of his ability. "Alright! You guys tell me your stories, and I'll tell you mine!"

He kept his shell still, a little surprised that the others had joined in on signing his shell, but he didn't mind. In fact, he really liked it! Now he could always remember this night! One by one, they all signed it. Even Impa! "Thanks! I've never been autographed before!~" He looked back out at them, clasping his hands together joyfully. "Your visit has brightened my night! Its always good to see you guys, always!~"

"I'm Kev, and I speak through the power of telepathy. It is represented by italics and the color code #33CC66."
    Zelda/Sheik
    Stock Pot Inn Staff

Stock Pot Inn Staff

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Zelda/Sheik on Wed Jun 19, 2013 2:48 am

Sheik barely suppressed a soft laugh at Kev's remark regarding Tears of the Goddess, and then again at the mention of calzones. She shared a grin with the Link from her time as their friend wished them well for their candy and complimented their costumes, right before looking up to him with an eager nod. "Thanks Kev! We did. It took some time, but it was a lot of fun and they've been even more fun to wear tonight."

The construction process of the three costumes had indeed been a fun time for the three friends, and that coupled with the way their efforts had paid off tonight had only made the three costumes mean all the more to them. The disguised princess nodded strongly at Kev's insistence that they tell him about Hyrule's past, right before noting, "We will. That's a promise!"

As Kev moved to partially close up inside of his cardboard shell, Sheik couldn't help but laugh slightly, highly amused at the fun he seemed to be having with that. It was indeed a very neat and creative costume, and with the prospect of them being able to enjoy each other's company and stories in the future following up on that, it was enough to give her an even broader grin that was sure to last the better part of the night.

Once Kev's shell had been signed by all of them and he thanked them for the gesture, Sheik beamed up at her friend. No matter the circumstances, she was always glad to get to see Kev, but tonight she was especially glad to get to visit him for this special holiday. And with the prospect of the other holidays that the rest of the swiftly ending year held for them, she was looking even more forward to those than ever before. "Getting to see you brightened ours too… and the same to you, Kev."

Truly, this was one Halloween to remember… the good times and company had made it so, and the disguised princess was certain that these memories would forever remain with each of them.
    Link64
    Stock Pot Inn Staff

Stock Pot Inn Staff

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Link64 on Wed Jun 19, 2013 3:02 am

Link chuckled some along with his two friends at Kev's expert responses and poses. He was definitely in perfect character tonight! At the mention of the candy, the young hero nodded, feeling pretty confident that the candy from their friend as well as from all of their other stops would be really tasty. If nothing else, it was at least going to last them quite a while!

Nodding eagerly to echo Sheik's response regarding their own costumes, the younger boy outright grinned at the compliments they received. "I was a knight!" Link replied excitedly to Kev's question regarding last year, soon grinning even more as their friend caught them in a hug. He returned the gesture before glancing up to him, nodding once more as Sheik promised that they would relay the stories of Hyrule's past to him sometime. The disguised princess and Impa knew the legends and history far better than he did, but whether he knew a certain tale or not, he was always ready to learn even more about their homeworld, no matter when any story was from.

"Huh… I see. Not bad," mused Tatl once Kev closed up in his cardboard shell. She had to admit, for the snug fit he had there, that was actually a pretty decent job, and it seemed that Link agreed with her, if his amused laugh was any indication at least. Everyone seemed to be feeling pretty good here with this happy meet up, and the Terminian fairy was inwardly rather glad that she had tagged along. It was good to see the Hylian kids, Impa, and Kev all in such good spirits, and given the way things had gone the past couple of months before now, she was just pleased to see things so settled now. It might not last long, but at least they did have this.

Once the autographs were completed and Kev voiced his delight, Link just smiled broadly to him, soon stating, "It's always great to see you too, Kev. Thanks for making our Halloween extra special!"

With the fun that the Hyruleans and their friends had had this year, Link knew that it was going to be especially hard to top this come next October. Part of him wanted this night to last forever, but another part could hardly wait to see where the coming year might take them. With his friends by his side, it was bound to be a great adventure no matter what.

Current date/time is Wed Nov 22, 2017 7:57 am