Stamina Bar:
    10/10  (10/10)

Minecraft

Post by Evil Buzz Lightyear on Mon Oct 22, 2012 1:34 pm

Time: Eaaaaaaaaaaaaarly mornin'
    Date: October 20th

Who doesn't like mines, right?
    "This guy."

At the crack of dawn our friend, Pat, was already up to no good. Nope, none. After an uneventful flight out to the mountain range and barely resisting the urge to bombard anything that came in his way, Pat was finally here. And here, sadly, was a bunch of fat, useless "Nothin'," he growled. Okay, so what was the task again? Pat reached into his armor and withdrew a card, but not just any card. This was a card that bore a grinning skull, eyeless sockets mocking him. "Eh, skip the card," Pat decided, stowing it away. Right, task. Apparently, as fate will have it, Pat needed to mine. Cool deal, huh? Oh, forgot an important detail... Mine for obsidian. Who mines obsidian out in the middle of nowhere!?
    "Again, this guy."
    We have a sucker, ladies and gentlemen.

Of course, Pat was no dummy. Mining was srs bsns, and he came prepared. Outside a hidden overhang of rock was the ship he, ahem, acquired from Pirate Lord Ridley. The space dragon won't be needing it much, given how much the population hated him~! And in order to mine, Pat also had a few, ehe, simple tools to drill, baby, drill. These were primarily lasers, duh. But he did have some other neat gizmos and gadgets back in the ship's cargo space... "Man, what a sorry gig." Pat put on a safety helmet because, you know, safety. Wouldn't want smashed brains during a cave-in. Handy tools strapped around his waist and a few gauges to make sure he didn't land in methane pockets, the man gave everything the twice-over and bravely went inside...

Not like much could go wrong inside a cave, huh?
    "Ssssss..."
    ...Oh.
    BOOM!

Open to anyone if they want to join. If not, Pat is gonna have fun with a few monsters.
    Bloodscream
    Terabyte

Terabyte

Level : 60

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Re: Minecraft

Post by Bloodscream on Mon Oct 22, 2012 2:46 pm

Pat would not be the only one to carry the car bearing the skull. The immortal however had less options for transportation. He possessed no flying contraption, or really any contraption. He had never had need for one. Bloodscream was capable of traveling great distances on foot without suffering the same consequences. This did however make travel a bit more slow.

The slow travel could almost be called necessary, however as Bloodscream did not have the high tech technology that some others possessed. Which meant that he would have to use his eyes and his wits to piece together the clues that the land provided him to detect where obsidian could possibly lay.

Bloodscream was not sure if there were any volcanoes in the mountains, but it was the best place to start. After all, he could not recall any volcanoes existing anywhere else in Portal Breach, and the mountain region was very unexplored and large. If a volcano existed on Portal Breach it would be there...if it existed that is.

If not then the obsidian would be impossible to find. It was called volcanic glass for a reason after all. If there was no volcano, or magma pushing to the surface, it would mean that there would be very little obsidian.

BOOM!

What in blazes was that?
    Evil Buzz Lightyear
    Gigabyte

Gigabyte

Level : 1

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    10/10  (10/10)
    Health Bar:
    60/60  (60/60)
    Stamina Bar:
    10/10  (10/10)

Post by Evil Buzz Lightyear on Mon Oct 22, 2012 4:41 pm

Pat hoped there was a volcano in them mountains, because if not...
    "Sweet mother of Verdentia, I HATE caves!" exclaimed a flustered man deep into the earth.

Swish!
    Swack!
    "Sss...!"
    " ...Oh, no, no, N--!"
    BOOM!
    There had better be obsidian down here, because Pat was about to open up a family-sized can. Huffing and puffing and covered in sooty residue, Pat shakily climbed up a rocky ledge and rolled onto his back. "Whew!" Yeah, talk about out of shape. And how come he was covered in tears and bruises? "Of all the caves," he labored to breath, panting. "I pick the one that's filled with monsters." Big chin-up, Pat; you've faced plenty worse. Groaning, the man rose to his feet and dusted his legs off. "Well, if there's gonna be obsidian in here, it's gotta be closer to the bottom," he figured. Geology lesson time.

Obsidian is commonly found near lava flows. Pat is looking for a volcano, or the existence of one.
    However, there is no exterior caldera visible from this mountain range. The obsidian must be deeper.
    Therefore, one must dig deeper into the earth and hopefully not break through into, say, a pool of lava.
    "Eh, I don't wanna go back down there," he grumbled.

But pay was good, and who doesn't like pay?
    "Not this guy." So this guy hit the butt of his flashlight to make sure it worked properly and looked for another way deeper into the mountains. Preferably one that was safer, too. He's gotta find nine tons of this junk...

Welcome aboard, mate.
    Bloodscream
    Terabyte

Terabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Bloodscream on Wed Oct 24, 2012 5:41 pm

Glad to be aboard.

BOOM!

There it was again. Now the immotal was becoming concerned, was there a mine field somewhere in the mountains? Seemed a ridiculous idea to him, but then again, there had been many ridiculous ideas on Portal Breach which had been implemented simply because. Or was it that someone was testing some form of weapon? Perhaps either Castle Doom or BLACKCAT were installing some new security system. Though, from what Bloodscream was aware of both establishments were a great distance from where he currently was standing.

So then, what was it?

Not feeling exactly safe just walking around when things could be exploding underneath his feet, Bloodscream decided to investigate. Carefully, ever mindful of his footing he proceeded forward towards the origin of the explosion.

As it would happen, the origin of the explosion seemed to be a cave. The edge of Bloodscreams mouth tipped downwards. Caves, of course it would have to be a cave. Slowly the pale man began his decent.

"Not this guy." And what do we have here? Bloodscream stalled a moment as the voice reached his ears. So, someone else was down in this cave? Possibly two someones, considering the fact that someone had bothered to even speak up at all. Or perhaps they were just talking to themselves.

Wouldn't that be something? A crazy man in a cave, talking to himself and causing explosions. If that happened then Bloodscream would truly have a story to tell upon his return. If he returned, provided that the hypothetical crazy man in the cave with the explosives did not kill him.

Ahead of him a beam of light appeared, it appeared to be coming from a flashlight, which in turn appeared to be held by....well...now wasn't this a surprise?

Best to greet the mortal before he did something crazy, like shoot Bloodscream.

Greetings.
    Evil Buzz Lightyear
    Gigabyte

Gigabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    10/10  (10/10)
    Health Bar:
    60/60  (60/60)
    Stamina Bar:
    10/10  (10/10)

Post by Evil Buzz Lightyear on Thu Oct 25, 2012 2:24 pm

Swack!
    Swish!
    Swack!

So here was Pat, stuck swinging a crude pickaxe and chipping away at mundane stone. He must have been at this for minutes, gravel and dirt spraying everywhere with each blow. Thankfully the cavern he had chosen was filled with less, not exactly zero, monsters. Pat could hear them... Hear them skittering through the walls, their little monster voices mocking him. "Stupid," SWISH! "no good," WHACK! "CAVES!" What can Pat say? The man hated caves. He also hated them leafy, green things, too. They had this propensity to just... what's the term? Sneak on you. Creep was also a fairly accurate description. Creepers sounded a lot better than Sneakers. But it looks like that the green things weren't the only things creeping around.

??? wrote:"Greetings."
    You can bet ten unibucks that Pat drew his blaster faster than he could say "Who's there," he growled. The who was none other than the Pale Man, the very same from you-know-where. "Huh, didn't expect to find you here." Pat didn't exactly lower his weapon; this was still a cave and there were, pardon the pun, creepers about. But he didn't immediately shy away help. He'd be a fool to! So Pat did the logical thing. He hesitantly holstered his blaster and kept his distance.
    "Well, whatever reason you're here in this awful place, I'm glad to see you," the weary man remarked. "You here for the same task?" Would be a lot easier moving nine tons with two people instead of one.
    Bloodscream
    Terabyte

Terabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Bloodscream on Sat Oct 27, 2012 10:13 pm

Well of course the man drew his weapon, who wouldn't when you were of their sort of alignment? Trust no one after all, it got you much further that way. "Who's there,"

Only myself. Greetings. Bloodscream opened his palms, showing the other that he was not currently armed, his swords still safely in their sheaths by his side.

"Well, whatever reason you're here in this awful place, I'm glad to see you. You here for the same task?"

Bloodscream nodded, confirming the truth to the other by pulling out his own card from his pocket and showing it to the other. Indeed, however, if I may ask, why did thou chose dynamite as a means of reaching thine goal? Truly there had to be a more subtle, less volatile way.
    Evil Buzz Lightyear
    Gigabyte

Gigabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    10/10  (10/10)
    Health Bar:
    60/60  (60/60)
    Stamina Bar:
    10/10  (10/10)

Post by Evil Buzz Lightyear on Sun Oct 28, 2012 2:00 pm

Currently unarmed but ready for anything. Pat liked that. Meant the Pale Man was prepared. He took one glance at the skull-bearing ace and that's all Pat needed to see. As for bringing dynamite? "I didn't," was Pat's blunt answer. High-impact explosives would only coax a cave-in, and Pat was no dummy. Well, not always. He gestured with a hand towards the impenetrable darkness plaguing several unexplored cavern entrances. "There are monsters inhabiting this place," he explained. "Some are spiders and some are these green things. I don't know what they are, but I do know that they go boom." If the Pale Man didn't believe him, then all he had to do was look at Pat's tattered clothing.
    "They're also pretty silent when sneaking up," Pat grumbled.

Debriefing done, now it was time how to figure out getting the obsidian.
    "I didn't spot an open volcano on the surface world, so we have to keep diggin' until we find a lava tube." Where there's lava, there's obsidian. Only problem was, how were they going to find lava? Pat thought for a moment before eying the Pale Man. "How about this," he began. "I got a ship out there. It can easily carry nine tons of the crud. If you got super powers or whatever that can help locate our target, then I'm willing to split the bounty with you. You take 4.5 tons, and I take 4.5 tons. Deal?"

Ordinarily Pat wouldn't have bothered teaming up, but what choice was there?
    Spiders.
    Creepers.
    Lava.
    Oh my!

There was none, and Pat would rather get out of this alive.
    "What do you say?" he asked the Pale Man.
    Bloodscream
    Terabyte

Terabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Bloodscream on Mon Oct 29, 2012 9:41 pm

He didn't? Well then what had caused the explosions? Bloodscream soon got his answer, monsters. Apparently, at least according to his associate, there were monsters dwelling within the caves capable of combustion. How, odd. How, Portal Breach, to have monsters capable of combustion.

I can see the trouble of such creatures, however, I fail to see the trouble of such insignificant creatures like that of spiders. Unless there were great quantities of them, or that they were incredibly poisonous.

Nor did I, it would appear that thou art indeed upon the right path. The only way to achieve what we both wish to find, is to dig down. As for my abilities. While I have no inner radar by which I may use to find what we seek, I am capable of lifting much more than the regular man. My strength and speed our thine to use in this deal. We must get the obsidian out of here after all. And lord only knew how deep they would have to go in order to find what they were looking for.

In such situations, a immortal being with super powered strength could come in quite handy.
    Evil Buzz Lightyear
    Gigabyte

Gigabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    10/10  (10/10)
    Health Bar:
    60/60  (60/60)
    Stamina Bar:
    10/10  (10/10)

Post by Evil Buzz Lightyear on Tue Oct 30, 2012 3:33 am

Didn't think spiders were much trouble, huh? Pat only eyed the Pale Man with a knowing look that said it all, "Yeeeeeeah, these spiders are the size of a small pony." See why Pat had trouble with them now? But if the Pale Man was as strong and swift as he said he was... "Hmm." This left Pat to think, and the pickaxe was soon offered to the bartender/bouncer. "Here," he said. "Since you're made of tougher stuff, you could probably dig much faster than I can." So what was Pat going to do in the meanwhile? In the meanwhile, Pat reached for something clasped to the back of his belt and the space age man retrieved a very strange and intricate gizmo.
    "While you're doing that, I'll use whatever technology I have to pinpoint our objective."

By no means was this going to be an easy gig. Pat wasn't a cave spelunker, and he wasn't a seismologist or geologist. If they were going to find obsidian, then they would have to use their noggins. "Now let's see..." Pat tinkered with a few knobs and buttons before carefully making his way over to a cave wall. "This little meter will tell us where the biggest heat source is," he explained while preparing the reading. "It can't see through rock and it can't shield against monsters, but it should assist us in finding a pocket of lava."
    Man, didn't think he'd ever be saying that in his lifetime.

BwwwoooOOOOP!
    TWANG!
    BwwwoooOOOOP!
    TWANG!
    "Reading loud and clear," Pat smiled.

A careful eye was necessary to study the reading, so Pat took extra effort in making sure everything was running up to snuff. "Hmm..." He removed the device off the rocky wall and started to hold it around, pointing it in various directions. No vibrations from this level of the cave... That meant they had to go, "Down." Pat pointed the device down a sharp hole, little platforms no bigger than their shoes the only way to safely reach the bottom. "Terrific," he sighed. Down it was, and Pat clipped the meter back onto his belt before withdrawing his blaster. "It's make it or break it," he grumbled, taking the first step.

It, surprisingly, held.
    "Let's go," he gestured to the Pale Man. "The sooner we find lava, the quicker we can haul the load out of here." They'll concern themselves with its retrieval later; finding the obsidian was their first course of action.

Flipping a coin to see if our boys find a strong heat reading. If they do, then let's start diggin'.
    System
    Portal Master

Portal Master

Level : ??

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    100000/100000  (100000/100000)
    Health Bar:
    Stamina Bar:

Post by System on Tue Oct 30, 2012 3:33 am

The member 'Evil Buzz Lightyear' has done the following action : Dice Rolls

'Coin Flip' :
    Bloodscream
    Terabyte

Terabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Bloodscream on Sun Nov 04, 2012 7:29 pm

"Yeeeeeeah, these spiders are the size of a small pony."
    Bloodscream took the pickaxe offered to him. Hm? What was this now? Pony sized spiders?

Yes, spiders of such size would indeed prove themselves to be a problem. And Pat was indeed right, Bloodscream probably would be able to dig and lift much more than his companion. Of course, this was considering that his companion was actually a human, a normal one that is.

Unfortunately one could never tell simply by looking in these sort of things.

Bloodscream continued to follow the other down the hazardous natural stairs, one wrong step and everything would end very painfully and messy. Pray tell, how far down doth thou expect to travel? And how doth thou intend to deal with the heat from the lava flows should we venture upon one? He was a human wasn't he? And Bloodscream while being made of very durable stuff, was certainly not fire proof. To come in contact with Lava could well light them both up like match sticks.
    Evil Buzz Lightyear
    Gigabyte

Gigabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    10/10  (10/10)
    Health Bar:
    60/60  (60/60)
    Stamina Bar:
    10/10  (10/10)

Post by Evil Buzz Lightyear on Mon Nov 05, 2012 9:53 am

Well that was an experience in and of itself.
    Pat didn't find lava, but he did find yet another cave system. A big one, too. Venturing all the way down had been perilous, but both him and the Pale Man managed to descend without breaking any of their lovely bones. That was good news so far, right? "I hope we don't have to dig for the center of this world, but knowing item retrieval quests..." Pat was no stranger to them MMORPGs, or whatever. These things weren't as easy as they sounded on paper for crying out loud. So once they reached the bottom of their first destination, Pat withdrew the same doodad from before and started waving it around.

BwwwoooOOOOP!
    TWANG!
    BwwwoooOOOOP!
    TWANG!
    "Hmm... It looks to be going... right." Which... was sadly down a long and pitch black corridor of rock and earth. "Yeah, no." And Pat cracked a fluorescent tube of neon-green light, a few meters revealed before them but everything? Swallowed by darkness. Careful, Pale Man; them green things he was mentioning earlier? They liked the darkness. Didn't stop Pat, though. He went on ahead with blaster drawn and gave none. "If all goes according to plan, then we don't have to worry about the lava," replied Pat. While neither of them were outfitted for extreme heat, Pat's suit could handle a bit of discomfort. Other than that, not else much regarding highly-lethal liquids. "All we gotta do is mine nine tons of obsidian, avoid dying by like everything in here, and call it a day. No sweat."
    Piece of cake.

C'mon, sing for me, Lady Luck.
    System
    Portal Master

Portal Master

Level : ??

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    Health Bar:
    Stamina Bar:

Post by System on Mon Nov 05, 2012 9:53 am

The member 'Evil Buzz Lightyear' has done the following action : Dice Rolls

'Coin Flip' :
    Bloodscream
    Terabyte

Terabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Bloodscream on Fri Nov 09, 2012 9:58 pm

Sadly Bloodscream was a complete stranger to MMORPG's, really though, what else could you have expected? So when his current companion made the remark;
    "I hope we don't have to dig for the center of this world, but knowing item retrieval quests..."
    Of course the end flew a bit over his head.

Hopefully. To be true though, there could be many worse things than a boiling pit of lava should we dig down too deep. You don't even want to know what could be living down in these caves Pat. You really didn't

Bloodscream shifted the pickaxe on his shoulder and continued onward, following his companion and his little machine. Ever watchful for any of those green combustable monsters or giant spiders that the other had previously mentioned. Hopefully they would find what they sought soon, then they would depart and split their treasure 50/50.

That of course was, considering that the other did not betray him. The other seemed smart so far, so hopefully he would know that doing such a thing would be a very bad idea.
    Evil Buzz Lightyear
    Gigabyte

Gigabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    10/10  (10/10)
    Health Bar:
    60/60  (60/60)
    Stamina Bar:
    10/10  (10/10)

Post by Evil Buzz Lightyear on Sun Nov 11, 2012 3:04 pm

Trust him, Pale Man; Pat was not about to betray the one person who could actually mine the blasted junk.
    "We're getting deep, alright," the space-age man remarked. Almost too deep... What was it that the Pale Man warned about? Digging too deep? Pat didn't like the sound of that, so he kept his blaster hot and ready. You never know with them caves. Once more, and with feeling, Pat waved his doodad around and hoped she worked for the third time.

BwwwoooOOOOP!
    TWANG!
    BwwwoooOOOOP!
    TWANG!
    "Come on, come on..." Don't fail him now. Pat even upped the power on this thing, increasing the ping radius to its limit. "With as deep as we are, we gotta find somethin' soon." And hopefully that was lava and not something else. He waved it around, studying the reading carefully but always conscious of keeping a free eye surveying their surroundings. It was surprisingly arid down here, all dry and none too comfortable. "When we find our target, we'll figure out a way to carry it back up," he said. Could use a grav-dolly and cart it up the hard way. Or they could get smart about it and just mark this location and drill, baby, drill! "Let's see..." Show 'em what you got, old girl!

Yeah, so flipping two coins. Want to get home before the sun gets down, you feel me? Only takes one to find the sweet, sweet lava.

Current date/time is Fri Sep 22, 2017 7:39 am