Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    510/510  (510/510)
    Stamina Bar:
    92/92  (92/92)

Re: No Goron Tunic Required

Post by Prixlezub on Tue Nov 13, 2012 11:07 pm

Aha, so the Sheikah did indeed show interest in the police force. Though the demon did not show much surprise about her going to get a meeting for employment, what he heard alongside it was quite interesting. Earlier on Prixlezub had heard about the Phazon crisis, and about a few things that went on in it. The absence of the police during that event and on his return admittedly made him curious as to where they had gone off to. Hearing that the police had broke up since his leave was surprising, especially given how their members seemed to be so dedicated to their job. The demon prince moved a low branch form his face, thinking over the news.

"Hm, this certainly explains their absence. The last time I was awake, they were still around even with the complaints of the others." He rumbled after a small pause. "However, I have hardly seen any of their forces around even after their duties had been removed. I can't believe that a simple complaint could drive such strong and dutiful people to recluse, especially their chief. I remembered him to be quite confident in the face of just about anything."

The demon still remembered quite clearly the times when he had been around the police cheif; the time he got arrested, that small time when Mr.Dark was around, and even when the prince had sparred with him personally. Even when Prixlezub had gored the other demon through the gut he did not dare falter in trying to bring the prince to justice, and Hellboy was even less likely to buckle under even when he was fighting alone. Aside from Zurg, the demon regarded the late police chief as one of the strongest people here. However, it did not change what had happened, and the fact that one of his acquaintances had left.

"I understand the reasoning as well, despite how unorthodox it is. I doubt that this place has been left lawless however, is there any idea as to who replaced them?" Prixlezub inquired, stepping over a fallen log as they walked.
    Impa
    Stock Pot Inn Staff

Stock Pot Inn Staff

Level : 60

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Impa on Fri Nov 16, 2012 1:45 pm

Had Impa been in the same situation that Prixlezub had come from, she would have been just as curious over the absence of the police force during the past while. Their sudden disbanding had come as quite the surprise to her even though she had been here, so she knew that it was even more interesting for him considering that he was coming from having been gone for a while. The police force members had indeed been quite dedicated, and as such, although there was nothing for any of them to do once their chief had made his decision, it had not exactly been the easiest for them to handle.

The Link from her time had wound up with a slightly easier time of it since he was a junior officers after all, but the young hero was still dedicated to doing all he could to help make a difference for the better, whether it was in Hyrule, Termina, or the Breach itself. He had understood that he'd still be able to do good even without the police force being active and he was still glad for that, but it had still been an interesting transition.

"I thought that was when you were last here," noted Impa, glancing to the demon prince as they entered a slight clearing in the forest. "It was a simple complaint, but it was apparently voiced many times over. If I had been in that situation, I would have simply carried on, proving the dissent wrong by continuing to do the job. The vocal dissenters might have then tried to find something else to complain about, but they would not have had a leg to stand on."

At the mention of the former chief of police, Impa nodded in agreement of Prixlezub's assessment of him. "He truly was. I was only in his company a few times compared to how well others knew him here, but his confidence was impressive. He did run into a complicated situation before he went ahead with the disbanding, though… more or less, his actions to deal with a problem during a greater battle were not seen as acceptable by all. Regardless, I know he has been missed."

Nodding in agreement at the assessment of how unorthodox the whole event was, Impa stepped over the fallen log as well as she replied to his question. "Yes, we do have a new group as the upholders of the law. They were put into place by System, and are known as the ISOs, the Isomorphic Algorithms. They have proven to be mostly effective thus far, but as I'm sure you know, there is a downside to entrusting the law to programs. Gone is the vital tool of situational understanding… and I can imagine it will be missed in some cases, as this world is anything but black and white."
    Prixlezub
    Inactive Account

Inactive Account

Level : 46

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    510/510  (510/510)
    Stamina Bar:
    92/92  (92/92)

Post by Prixlezub on Fri Nov 16, 2012 5:04 pm

Ah yes, complaints. Either the police were not doing their job, or they were just doing their job too right. The prince simply gave a thoughtful hum as he gave a look around the clearing, taking note of their surroundings. "The most that people seemed to complain about from what I remember was not being able to handle the law as they saw fit. Vigilantism, I believe. While such courage is admirable, the way of going about showing it seemed foolish from my experiences. After their outrage is all spent and gone, their justice is given at the cost of their community." He stated, continuing to walk. "And some at the cost of themselves."

Prixlezub glanced over at Impa as he heard her mention that Hellboy acted out of proper behavior. "I remember the chief being quite driven to accomplish a task with his force, but I don't believe I have heard of him acting in such a manner that was deemed as unacceptable. What happened that made him act in such a way?" The demon rumbled, surprised.

The younger demon's actions during his arrest were certainly the more courageous than the prince had seen in a while from law enforcement. Though, if his rather brutal tactics during that event were seen as necessary, it only made Prixlezub curious to know what made Hellboy's tactics now improper. Perhaps it had something to do with how the former chief suddenly up and left the gamma without saying so much as a polite farewell to those he knew. Or at least, so he noticed. No one seemed to talk about anything regarding a farewell or last words from the stout demon.

The demon prince listened attentively to the Sheikah as she explained who the new law persons were. Though, while it seemed quite rigid, the demon was not very surprised. If an understanding task force could not keep things in check to the favor of the populace, then the next step was to make the law rigid and unable to be bent by circumstance. In a way, it reminded the prince of the rigidity of his own rule. He may not know much about programs or electronics, but it took an enforcer to recognize an enforcer.

"Hm, I miss the old police force already. Though, to hear that the new replacements are more rigid is to be expected. While the understanding is gone, I have yet to hear of anyone complaining abut the elevated strictness of their new enforcers. Then again, the complaints of the citizens are the reason after all that the force disbanded, they have no right to complain when they asked for this." Prixlezub surmised, pushing a branch away as he walked.

To try and bring the old force back together would be like trying to raise the dead simply by saying "please" now.
    Impa
    Stock Pot Inn Staff

Stock Pot Inn Staff

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Impa on Sun Nov 18, 2012 1:01 am

"Very true," noted Impa at Prixlezub's assessment regarding vigilantism. "Courage is a very useful thing to have, but along with it, one must have the wisdom to know how and when to exercise it. Courage without wisdom is misplaced foolishness."

The two seemed to be in full agreement over that concept, and Impa nodded at the demon prince's statements regarding the former chief of police. "You likely knew him better than I did, but from my own encounters with him and indirect talk of him, that was quite the same on my end. In all truthfulness, his actions were not ill-placed. The intention was honest, but the circumstances following it were what led to the few voices of it being unacceptable. Several months ago, the Breach was being stripped of its very information. Many of us had split into three groups to try and recover this, and one such group wound up in the swamp… Hellboy as well as a newer mech were on this team. I was not there, but from what Link told me about the events, the mech was acting in such a way that threatened the safety and lives of everyone else in the group. One strike too many, and Hellboy had had enough. He knew that he had to act in the interests and needs of the many over the few, so he threw her at an enemy that they encountered there in an attempt to help the battle as well as fix a dangerous situation within his own team. His attack was effective against the beast, but the enemy wound up ingesting the automaton. Because of that, some were later claiming that he killed her. It is one such case of the world being grey… it was a tough decision to make, but it prevented far worse from happening to everyone, and I know that not everyone would have been able to make such a call."

Granted, Impa and Prixlezub were probably two of the few that could have made such a decision, but the former knew that it would still be a difficult call for her to make and she would have likely sought to use less drastic measures… if those were even possible in a given situation, of course. As for Hellboy's actions with Nu, it wasn't that they were improper so much as the situation had not been a good one for anyone. The way that the automaton had been acting though… the entire swamp team was lucky that she had not caused more damage for them prior to her own demise.

Impa could be an enforcer in a sense as well, albeit not to the same extent as her companion here. She realized that rigid rule could prove useful, but some circumstances here and there that were not black and white situations did call for something outside of that. The organic element of it all was tricky to say the least, but even with the issues that it had the potential to cause, more often than those, it was a very useful tool to make sure that the true wrongdoers were the ones that were punished.

"That makes two of us," stated Impa. "The shift in rigidity was no surprise, and no, there's not been any dissent regarding them that I've heard either. It likely helps that thus far there have not been any issues with their watch… and if they did complain… yes. It was that action in the first place that got the Breach to this point."
    Prixlezub
    Inactive Account

Inactive Account

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    510/510  (510/510)
    Stamina Bar:
    92/92  (92/92)

Post by Prixlezub on Sun Nov 18, 2012 6:26 pm

Prixlezub listened silently as the Sheikah told him the tale of Hellboy. Apparently the Phazon Crisis was not the only thing the demon missed during his absence. Though, he had a feeling this all happened while he was in space instead of during his slumber. He doubted that while he was on another planet for a whole year that nothing happened, it simply was not the way of this world. Things happened in a strangely seasonal order, from what he witnessed. Though, from what he was hearing, the demon was thinking that he had a stroke of luck when it came to the timing of his banishment.

"Hmm, so he acted to ensure the safety of others at the cost of a single construct. Given the circumstances you explained I certainly would not condemn him for such actions either." Prixlezub rumbled finally. "However, if the repercussions were as severe as you say, perhaps that was the reason he went into recluse. To be accused of murder would simply be the cherry on top, as they say."

And as for the chief's absolute migration from the gamma, it was starting to become clearer as to why he did so. Last the demon knew, Hellboy had children and a wife. At least, that was what he could smell on the younger demon. If at any time the civilians decided to do more than just complain about the chief's actions, his family would have been put in danger. Especially when the man could not look after them all the time. But to leave without speaking to his friends? He doubted the man was so scared for his family that he forgot everyone else who cared for him. There was still one piece that did not fit to this puzzle, but alas it had left with the firetruck colored demon when he decided to find another gamma to live on.

"This partially explains his exodus from the gamma..." The demon stated thoughtfully, stepping over a fallen limb. "Have you known that Hellboy left this plane as well as the force?"

Prixlezub nodded in agreement to Impa's statement as they walked, pondering over the new information in his mind. If Hellboy left over what happened in the swamp, who was to say that the others did not go into recluse for similar reasons of their own? He doubted that the other members had accidentally killed anyone in the line of duty, but certainly something must have happened to make them repulsed from being seen in public.
    Impa
    Stock Pot Inn Staff

Stock Pot Inn Staff

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Impa on Tue Nov 20, 2012 8:53 pm

"He did, yes… and neither would I," stated Impa, glancing ahead as the two companions started to near one of the small streams that cut through the forest. The safety of the entire team versus a rogue party member? Tough decision or not, the logic behind it was incredibly clear. Managing the slightest "heh" at the idiom that Prixlezub used to describe the culmination of everything negative for the former police chief, Impa noted, "I do not think it was the only reason that he went into self-imposed exile, but it almost assuredly contributed to it. He stood by his decisions to the end, whether it was anything prior to these events, the actions against the automaton, or even the disbanding of the force. That being the case… I am still intrigued by his final courses of action. It never fully added up."

Impa raised her eyebrows slightly when Prixlezub asked if she had known about Hellboy's having left the world that they were in. With a nod, she added, "Yes, I learned that a little while ago from one of my close friends, actually. I'm still surprised that he left without so much of a word… but I suppose it is what it is, confounding as it may be."

Whilst the demon prince had learned about the former police chief's departure from Zurg, the Sheikah had instead learned about it from Lawrence. It had come up at one of their most recent meetings, but thankfully, despite the dampening effect that news and all of its implications stemming past that had on that, the two had been able to move on to far better subjects. The biggest sense that either of them seemed to have was disappointment over the suddenness of the departure… but, that was all in the past now. Even though it had not affected them as much as it had others close to them, the only thing to do now was move on.

The two companions here knew that they might never learn the true reason that the other demon had left the gamma, but regardless of that they had at least managed to fill in every other piece of the puzzle.
    Prixlezub
    Inactive Account

Inactive Account

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    510/510  (510/510)
    Stamina Bar:
    92/92  (92/92)

Post by Prixlezub on Thu Nov 22, 2012 11:10 pm

Quite the incomplete puzzle indeed. With the demon's insight being only so deep, and Impa's contributions telling only as much as she knew, it seemed that Hellboy's intentions for leaving would never fully be found. The only thing of his legacy left would be his memory, held in those who were close enough to know him. And given the remaining members of the older generation, not many were around to keep it. And as for what remained of the police force, it would be too much effort to track down those who may be better off leaving the decisions of their ex-chief alone. For a moment, Prixlezub pondered visiting the grape to the other demon's raspberry, but pushed it aside just as quickly. Dredging up fresh, unpleasant memories was not what the man needed. And all the same, what would be the point? Hellboy was gone for good, and even if there was someone who had somehow forced the chief's exodus, their capture would only prove bittersweet to those who knew him.

At least, that was the sensible option. Prixlezub inwardly reveled in the thought of putting the one who took away his right to a second spar to his own form of justice: Agonizing, torturous, limbo. A fate worse than death in this gamma, sentencing someone to an eternity of hellish torment. However, with the current circumstance, the demon decided that while it was the most effective option, it was not one he needed to choose.

"It is quite the puzzle. Quite the puzzle indeed..." Prixlezub rumbled, still mulling over his own thoughts as he walked. "If only there were more information on the matter."

The demon was jostled from his thoughts by the sound of flowing water, his yellow eyes glancing up to notice the small stream before them. His lip gave a small twitch at the babbling water, still disdainful of the element even in the safety of an assumed form. However the prince refused to show hesitation at the small obstacle, treading over it as soon as he would anything else. As he crossed over to the other side, Prixlezub's nose twitched, turning his head as he stumbled upon a new scent.

"Hm, I smell a bear nearby, relatively fresh." He stated as casually on would talk about the weather. "Shall we investigate? Perhaps they have a den nearby."
    Impa
    Stock Pot Inn Staff

Stock Pot Inn Staff

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Impa on Sun Nov 25, 2012 11:45 pm

"That it is," agreed Impa, glancing forward again as the demon sifted through his own likely swirling thoughts on the intriguing matter. The idea of there being more information concerning all of this was a very good one, and although the Sheikah had not known the former chief of police as well as some, she did feel that more information would be better for all involved. Whether it was for those closer to the outskirts of the whole thing like herself, or even those that were far too close to it, information was what they needed most… and yet it was the the single most elusive piece of this puzzle. "Would that there be any… as unfortunate as it is, I suppose that this matter will have to remain incomplete."

Whilst Impa was not one to be nosy, she was naturally curious, and when such a subject affected those closer to her and by proxy those that were more of a second degree to her, then that intrigue was typically expanded. As much as both she and Prixlezub wanted to learn more… it seemed that the two would have to settle for what they had helped each other glean.

The stream that the duo crossed was indeed very small, and finding a good place to step over it had been nearly as effortless as stepping over it had. However, the Sheikah caught the absolute slightest twitch at her companion's lip once he realized that it was intersecting their path. It made perfect sense considering his true element, but at least they were able to get past the disdainful opposing element relatively soon.

A moment later though, Prixlezub's other senses picked up. Impa had thought she had heard something sizable off in the distance a little while ago, and now it seemed that they had a fresh scent on what it was. "A bear?" asked Impa, eyebrows soon raising slightly even with her casual tone. Nodding at Prixlezub's suggestion, she added, "Let's"

At that, the two set off in the direction that the demon prince had picked up the scent. Now this evening just got even more interesting…
    Prixlezub
    Inactive Account

Inactive Account

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    510/510  (510/510)
    Stamina Bar:
    92/92  (92/92)

Post by Prixlezub on Tue Nov 27, 2012 12:22 am

Prixlezub forged on ahead through the undergrowth, gently moving aside low branches and bushes as he followed the scent. The demon prince tried to keep himself as silent as possible, not wishing to disturb any other wildlife and risk giving away his and Impa's advance on the bear's whereabouts. And in the process, he hoped he would not alert the bear through his noise as well. Currently, he figured, the both of them were downwind, a great advantage against a scent oriented creature such as a bear. Despite the relatively fresh scent, the sheikah would find that the demon seemed to be taking a longer route to the bear den. Prixlezub paused every so often, looking as if he were trying to read something upon the wind, before turning and quietly pushing past another patch of brush.

"We're getting close." Prixlezub rumbled after a short while of walking.

Moving a crimson sleeved arm to raise a low hanging branch, the prince halted suddenly. He raised a free hand in a motion to tell Impa to stop, as he crouched a little lower to hide his bright attire. Right across a small clearing of trees, was a large cave. The stone face of the cliff it was on seemed to be eroded by water instead of time, as the prince let his eyes take a closer look. In front of it, the ground had traces of claw marks, tufts of grass pulled up from the traffic of its residents. Though, what stood out most to the demon, was the smell.

It absolutely reeked of bear, and not just one.

The demon prince motioned for Impa to come closer. "I think there may be more than one living here." He stated quietly. "Maybe if we wait a little longer the rest will make themselves seen... But not down here."

Glancing up at the overhanging tree branches, he gave an affirming nod to his idea. If they were to sit up in the trees, there was no risk of being accidentally happened upon by the cave residents. All the better for the demon to get a firsthand look at some potential game.
    Impa
    Stock Pot Inn Staff

Stock Pot Inn Staff

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Impa on Fri Nov 30, 2012 2:51 am

Swiftly following after her companion with the silent movement that she had long since mastered, Impa tuned her own senses to the possible proximity of any bears. With as sharp as all of her senses were though, especially her sight and hearing, she knew that the demon prince's sense of smell was likely unparalleled, and in such a tracking situation, it was the best sense to follow. The fact that the duo was downwind was a significant boost in keeping their presence hidden, and it better enabled them to move in a way that would keep anything from catching their own trail.

Impa nodded at Prixlezub's statement that they were getting close, still keeping a good position relative to him. She had stopped the instant that the carmorph demon had, even before he had raised his hand to signal for her to do the same, and she kept her position as he lowered himself in an attempt to camouflage himself for the moment. Shifting her own stance to more of the shadows that she held domain over, she joined him in hiding, carefully studying their surroundings as she caught sight of the cave near the adjacent clearing. Narrowing her gaze as she focused on the prominent cave, the Sheikah caught the signs of claw marks and other telltale traces of bears. She could smell the faintest hint of the ursines in the area, but as sharp as her own nose was, she readily deferred to her fellow tracker here.

Edging slightly closer once her companion motioned for her to do so, Impa smirked ever so softly and nodded at both of his statements. Just as quietly, she added, "So it would seem… and you read my mind."

At that, the Sheikah also glanced up to the trees above their current spot, soon mirroring the demon's nod. In one swift, silent leap, Impa was soon up on one of the tree branches, settling in to her own position as she kept her sights on the nearby cave. This was a perfect spot to wait for any potential bears, and hopefully, their patience would reward the two of them.
    Prixlezub
    Inactive Account

Inactive Account

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    510/510  (510/510)
    Stamina Bar:
    92/92  (92/92)

Post by Prixlezub on Sat Dec 01, 2012 7:42 pm

Prixlezub watched as Impa jumped into the tree branches, gauging the distance between himself and the branch of his choice. Rocking on his heels, the demon crouched down before launching himself into the air. Despite his currently diminutive size, the prince retained much of his strength from his natural form. Prixlezub easily landed on a relatively sturdy branch, using his hands to steady himself as the tree rustled and settled. Then as he crawled a little closer to a clearing in the leaves, he quietly pushed aside a branch to look down at the clearing. So far, no bears had come around yet, but the demon could smell them close by.

A few minutes of waiting later, and the prince's eyes glanced to the right. "I hear one of them coming... No, more than one." He rumbled quietly to Impa.

A short distance away, the demon could hear low huffing, like a great beast was sniffing the air. Soon after, the dull thud of heavy paws against the soft earth, until finally they came forth from the brush. A large, thickly furred grizzly bear emerged from the shade of the forest, head craned to sniff the air as they looked cautiously about the clearing. No doubt the bear could smell something, but as the large black nose passed Prixlezub and Impa's tree, it soon moved on without pause.

The wind was still in their favor.

Prixlezub stayed quiet as he watched the large bear make another patrol around the small clearing, his eyes scanning over the massive size of the creature. It was a great specimen to be sure, but from the way it was acting... The demon did not think that the bear was alone with another adult bear, it seemed to be making sure the area was safe for someone younger. The demon's amber eyes darted back over to the thick brush, just in time to see a triad of cubs bound in clumsily. Their small guttural cries pierced the silence in their playfulness, swatting and tackling each other on their way to the cave.
    Impa
    Stock Pot Inn Staff

Stock Pot Inn Staff

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Impa on Sat Dec 08, 2012 5:51 pm

Impa watched as Prixlezub readied himself for his own jump, soon landing up in the tree branches not too far from her own position. Regardless of his current form, the Sheikah was not at all surprised at the strength of the demon prince's jump, but considering the size of his true self, it was still rather interesting to see him utilize such a leap. As Prixlezub moved closed to the clearing, Impa edged a bit nearer herself, and very soon, both of them were poised in the perfect positions to keep watch over the clearing.

And thus the waiting began.

A short while later, Impa's ears twitched as she picked up the sounds to the right, likely the same set of sounds that her companion had also noticed. At Prixlezub's quiet rumbling, the Sheikah shifted her own gaze to the right, whispering, "Mmm. I hear them too… they're headed this way."

The sounds of a large bear huffing were soon accented with its telltale strong footfall… there were lighter noises behind this one, but those seemed to halt once the main bear made its appearance. Soon lumbering out of the thick of the forest arrived a very large brown bear… Impa might not have been familiar with the particular subspecies here, but this particular bear rather reminded her of some of the bears back in Hyrule. The bears there, both brown and black, tended to stick to the forest habitats within and around the Lost Woods and Lake Hylia. It was not uncommon to see them venture out into much wider clearings on the fringes of the woods if it meant hearty prey for them, but whether it was in the forests or close to them, it was always a great sight to get to see one. That view was best from a smart vantage point or distance of course, and for getting to observe the bear below them, the two companions could scarcely have found a better spot.

Impa silently watched the grizzly bear as it looked about the clearing, soon passing by their own tree as though they were not even there… it appeared that the duo's stealth was working in brilliant conjunction with the wind, and now they would be able to continue their observation without having to relocate.

The behavior of the bear seemed familiar to the guardian, and her hypothesis behind it was soon confirmed with the arrival of three playful cubs. She smiled slightly at seeing them appear behind their mother… it was always good to see a healthy family of top predators in the forest, as it was a good indicator for the bears themselves as well as the forest as a whole. Impa watched as the four bears started to enter the cave, inwardly wondering just how many caves there were like this in these woods. She had found some on her previous ventures of the forest, but much like the Lost Woods back home, it was always possible to find new sights in this vast expanse of wilderness.
    Prixlezub
    Inactive Account

Inactive Account

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    510/510  (510/510)
    Stamina Bar:
    92/92  (92/92)

Post by Prixlezub on Sat Dec 08, 2012 9:01 pm

Despite their chaotic wrestling and tumbling, the cubs were obedient to their mother above all, as their playful cries echoed faintly down the cave. All four of the furry creatures waddled into the cave, one of the cubs deciding to try and tackle the mother's rear legs as she lead them into their home. It seemed the cub's tiny fangs were still quite sharp, as the mother bear turned about and gave a scolding grunt at their antics. Despite the playful scene, the prince's gaze was focused, nearly calculating towards the small group.

"Hmm..." Came the demon's thoughtful hum, as he quietly adjusted his positioning on the branch. "There certainly seems to be a healthy number of cubs. Hopefully all of them reach maturity." He whispered, glancing over at the Sheikah.

His gaze soon cast itself back to the clearing as he heard something else move around, the brush rustling gently as something moved within them. The rustling soon ceased, as a small, pointed nose poked from the shrubbery. The blunt snout twitched and sniffed, before cautiously emerging from cover. Instead of a bear, it appeared that a wolverine decided to visit as well, quietly sniffing the ground and occasionally the air. Prixlezub curiously watched the burly looking creature, as it padded over towards the cave mouth.

"...I wonder if that was tracking the family of bears we just saw." The demon quietly pondered, Keeping his eyes on the wolverine as it confidently edged closer to the cave.

That thing looked about as suicidal as some of the citizens he slaughtered earlier, the demon thought to himself. Just what could be in that bear den that the wolverine just needed to have?
    Impa
    Stock Pot Inn Staff

Stock Pot Inn Staff

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Impa on Tue Dec 11, 2012 4:10 am

Impa watched carefully as the mother bear and her cubs made their way into the cave, managing to make their way deeper into it even around the playful antics of the younger trio. In a sense, it vaguely reminded her of some of the outings she had with Zelda, Link, and Link, without the leg-biting, of course… although that could be compared to Aicara's expert leg-hugging at times. No matter what though, the Sheikah had been very fortunate in the four charges that had come under her wing. One by way of assignment, her best friend in the way they had arrived on the Breach, the future hero by way of association, and the younger Sheikah by way of a need of a teacher. All of them had come together with a connection that transcended time itself, and although each of them was independent enough to watch after himself or herself, she was still honored to be the guardian figure in their lives.

Nodding at both Prixlezub's quiet hum and whisper as they watched the bears get settled in their home, Impa soon glanced back to him with a quiet whisper of her own."Quite so… and with their watchful mother, I have a distinct feeling that they will all grow to be fine bears."

The Kindle Forest was a rather healthy one regardless the mix of native fauna as well as those that had wound up here by way of the portals. A hearty bear family such as this one definitely boded well for the species as well as the forest as a whole, but before either companion could muse on this particular den much more, they both quickly shifted their gazes back to the brush that the bears had first emerged from. In short order, a sizable, clambering predator appeared in the clearing… Impa might have only been directly familiar with their Hyrulean relatives, but thankfully, a prior study of a book on native fauna helped her identity this curious creature as a wolverine.

Narrowing her eyes slightly as she watched the wolverine sniff the ground, the Sheikah was a bit intrigued to see him making his way towards the cave. She found herself wondering about the behavior of this creature too… she knew that similar animals were often fearless, but to venture into a cave of bears, and one with a very protective mother bear no less?

"I think it might have been, based on where its headed… the question is thought, what is it after?" mused Impa quietly, still watching the wolverine from their positions in the trees.
    Prixlezub
    Inactive Account

Inactive Account

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    510/510  (510/510)
    Stamina Bar:
    92/92  (92/92)

Post by Prixlezub on Fri Dec 14, 2012 5:03 pm

Prixlezub kept his gaze on the wolverine, as it sniffed and shuffled closer to the cave entrance. All for the wisest, the prince figured, given the current inhabitants. Though, the disguised demon could not help but quirk a brow as it walked into the cave, its furry body soon disappearing into the shadows. He gave a small glance to Impa, giving a quiet, thoughtful hum as he turned his gaze back to the now empty clearing. "Perhaps it is after the cubs, or whatever scraps of food they may have in the cave." The prince pondered, shifting his weight on the branch he was perched on. "...Or maybe it is after the cave itself, if it is so bold." He added thoughtfully.

The serene silence of the forest was replaced with a myriad of snarls and growls, one of them undoubtedly the outraged cries of the mother bear. Claws against stone and thundering roars echoed from the smooth cavern for a few minutes, before a familiar face came scurrying out. The wolverine, for all of its gruff and huff, could never stand up to the protective rage of a mother bear. Though it did seem to escape with a souvenir along with its life, as something dragged along the ground from its jaw. From where the demon sat, he could recognize it as part of an animal, some of its hide still clinging to a few spare strands of flesh and bone. Prixlezub's nose wrinkled as the smell hit his nose, whatever it was, the wolverine's prize was anything but fresh.

"...Hm, it seems I was partially right." The demon surmised quietly.

He watched the wolverine retreat into the bush with its carcass, the low brush swaying and rustling with its hasty leave. Though, the demon's gaze was quickly returned to the cave, still hearing some huffing and low rumbling from the mother bear within. It was soon followed by the bear trotting out of the cave, nose to the ground and huffing loudly as it took in scent. Perhaps it was going to give chase to the fuzzy thief that just ran off?

They would not be hard to track, given the stench of whatever the wolverine was carrying.

Current date/time is Sat Nov 18, 2017 7:21 am