Health Bar:
    560/560  (560/560)
    Stamina Bar:
    102/102  (102/102)

For the pretties

Post by Xiao Xiao on Fri Oct 19, 2012 4:08 pm

Time: 3:30 PM
    Date: Thurs 18th Oct, 2012

Come at a time and day less busy, Xiao had said when she signed her name on the job opening sheet. But honestly? She had no idea what time and day would suit, Miss. Aya best. Obviously weekends were a no-no. Sundays and Mondays might be good days but Miss. Aya might be recovering from the weekend business on those two dates and Xiao Xiao would hate to bother her. So that left Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday.... Oh no, there might be mid-week rushes, too right? Aaaa, but she's here now! She can't just turn back. Maybe she'll peek in and see if its busy first? If it wasn't then she'll nip in.

With that in mind, the flying squirrel dived to the ground, landing in human form in front of Miss. Aya's shop with a clear orange folder in her hand. Eeeeeeee, the shop looks so cute from the outside! Xiao hopped from foot to foot excitedly as she pressed her hands against the display window, taking in the prettiful clothes on display. Oh that skirt! That bag! That scarf! Ah, that's such a pretty shade! That print! How cute!

Wait! No! No! She was here for an interview! WITH MISS. AYA! Pretty Miss. Aya! Fashionable Miss. Aya! Wonderfully dressed Miss. Aya! Yes, an interview! Was the shop busy? Up on tip toes she went, peering through the display and into the shop. It looked quiet. Maybe she chose a good time to come after all.

"Ahem," coughed Xiao, making sure her voice was clear and then quickly running her fingers through her hair and patting down her clothes to make sure she was presentable. She didn't really dress any differently than she normally would though she made extra sure that her clothes were neat, tidy and clean with no creases in places they shouldn't be and her tail brushed several times so that it was soft and even.

Xiao Xiao sucked in a breath, straightened her shoulders and pushed the door open, determined to walk right in, all confident and-- she just poked her head in through the gap. "Hello? Miss. Aya?"

So much for walking in confidently.
    Aya Valentine
    Champion of the Ss'ruul
    Champion of the Ss'ruul

Level : 48

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    55/55  (55/55)
    Health Bar:
    530/530  (530/530)
    Stamina Bar:
    96/96  (96/96)

Re: For the pretties

Post by Aya Valentine on Mon Oct 29, 2012 10:49 pm

Worry not, dear Xiao Xiao. Aya would always make time for a guest in her humble shoppe, it also helped that she was gifted with great multitasking skills paired with the talents of the fashionable sorts. But luckily for you, Xiao Xiao, Aya's prior engagement had cleared out just a few minutes prior. So there was no worry of interrupting any important business or bothering anyone at all! How very lucky!

Upon hearing the door open, and the sound of a cough, looking up from the reception desk, stopped mid writing to glace up at a new visitor. Smiling in immediate recognition, although they had not talked very often, she had still seen the girl about on a few occasions, a true joy to be around from all that she had gathered from the few encounters.

"Why, yes, Hello Xiao Xiao! May I come to conclude you are for the bit I put up for assistance within the shop?" It was a fairly safe assumption, she had put it up and not too long later, Xiao who expressed in certain affinity for admiring of fashions. Frankly, this soothed worries she haboured, Xiao Xiao was such a pleasant girl and hopefully a future employee. If all her guesses were correct of course, the vampiress was more or less jumping the gun on the matter. All that could be done now was await what she had to say, be it for employment or for something as simple as purchasing dresses or supplies for personal pursuits.
    Xiao Xiao
    Petabyte

Petabyte

Level : 51

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    560/560  (560/560)
    Stamina Bar:
    102/102  (102/102)

Post by Xiao Xiao on Tue Oct 30, 2012 4:49 pm

Oh oh oh oh oh! The inside is so pretty! Heeeee~ Oh that dress looks nice. Aa! The material looks gorgeous! She wanted to pet it! She wanted to nuzzle her face into it, wrap it around herself and roll around in it. No wait! No rolling around. Creases! Oh no, she can't put creases in Miss. Aya's clothes.

Eeeeee, Miss. Aya! Oh what pretty shoes you have on today!

"Hello, Miss. Aya!" she chirruped, pushing the door fully open and slipping in. She took a deeeeeep breath once inside, shoulders sagging the next second as if she was melting with pleasure. Oh, lilies~ How apt! Prettyful lilies in a shop named after victorious lilies. She skipped over to Miss. Aya's location in the store, feet and posture slowing upon approach to a shy nervous standstill in front of the woman.

"Yes, I'm here for the assistant job you put up. Um...here's my resume," she pronounced it like the verb 'resume' ([v] 1. to continue; 2. to take back) rather than the noun it was suppose to be. The squirrel opened up the clear orange folder she hand and fished out the papers nervously handing them over whilst she was confident in her abilites, she wasn't so with her resume. In fact, the only use of the word 'resume' she knew was the verb! She had looked in a dictionary then scoured magazines and books for how to write one of these noun-resumes and even then she was certain she did it wrong.

It was handwritten, on pale lilac paper and even though Xiao had tried to keep it as neat as possible, there were still one or two words scored out and rewritten.

Xiao Xiao's Resume:
    Name: Hong Mao Xiao Xiao
    Address: Palace of Winds, The Sky, Portal Breach

Position applied for: Assistant/Floor Worker (Victorian Lily)

Relevant Skills:
    I have many years experience in clothes making, tailoring and embroidery all taught by my family or self taught. Please do not be afraid to ask for samples, Miss. Aya. If I am familiar with the sizes and the design is simple, I can make the design in less than an hour with magic and a day on of constant work by hand.

I don't have as much knowledge on modern clothing though. Oriental designs tend to be more flowy and less figure hugging but it doesn't mean I don't like other designs. They're all so pretty!

I like keeping things in order, neat, tidy and clean. I always help clean the Palace of Winds even though I don't need to. My room is kept nice and organised, aired frequently. I bath everyday, no illness to speak of and my fur is kept at the very best condition and very soft with daily combing and brushing so shedding is mimimal minimal to none.

I am respectful though I admit I am eager to please, a coward and naive so might be easily fooled. I will try my best to be smarter and more aware. I will protect your pretty clothes and shop with my life!

Previous Employment:

None. I'm sorry, Miss. Aya.

Years of Service/In Work:

I've been making clothes with my mother and siblings for over a hundred years.

Contact Information:

Lord Pretty Hair Vaati doesn't have any talking machine-devices in the palace. But I have enchanted an envelope for you. If you write a note, place it in the envelope and throw the envelope into the sky, it will fly to the palace - rainproof too!

Meanwhile, she upturned her clear folder, emitted a single note of squirrelish squeak as she found her enchanted envelope stuck at the bottom of the container. A few taps loosened it enough to drop it into her palm, allowing her to nervously hand it to Miss. Aya as well. "I'm sorry. It's so short."
    Aya Valentine
    Champion of the Ss'ruul
    Champion of the Ss'ruul

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    55/55  (55/55)
    Health Bar:
    530/530  (530/530)
    Stamina Bar:
    96/96  (96/96)

Post by Aya Valentine on Tue Oct 30, 2012 9:32 pm

A fonder smile crept across Aya's face as she observed the exuberance that Xiao Xiao naturally displayed, a pleasant change from the persona displayed in the Phazon Mines. There she was a rabid animal, dictated by only what one would come to guess was a craving for that abominable blue goop that had once plagued them and threatened to take over the very world. A very scary time to meet someone, wasn't it?

But this Xiao was much nicer! And also better dressed if Aya were to casually drop her two cents in on the matter. Clasping her hands together, Aya was more than pleased to see a first taker on the little job posting she had up. How promising this was, very promising! Taking the Resume with a polite thank, the vampires took in her skills and previous experience. No formal job but more experience in sewing crafts then she had even been alive or rather dead if you would have it. Aya paid no mind to crossed out words, it didn't bother her in the slightest given that Xiao had actually gone back to fix her mistakes was a good notch in her book. Lord Vaati-er...Pretty Hair? His hair was quite pretty, honestly it was enough to cause a smidgeon of jea- No, this was business, keep on track!

Moving on!

"I see here you put that you were not as acquainted with outfits of a modern degree although Oriental is your strong suit? This is quite fine, so do not worry over it." Taking another gander, eyes settled on admitted cowardice and an eagerness to please. Not the worst traits to have and it was counteracted with some many good ones. "There is nothing wrong with cowardice, bravery isn't being without fear but acting even when stricken by fear. However I am most impressed! Most would not dare to write down flaws when coming to a potential employer! Tell me, Xiao Xiao, what is it you would like to do if you found yourself under my employment in this shoppe?" Even though the job had outlines, she had always considered letting those who came to work here design and sell there own dresses, creations and of courses reap the benefits of doing so. But what she wanted to hear now was the desire the Squirrel yaojing possessed for fashionable arts.
    Xiao Xiao
    Petabyte

Petabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    560/560  (560/560)
    Stamina Bar:
    102/102  (102/102)

Post by Xiao Xiao on Wed Oct 31, 2012 7:24 am

Miss. Pretty Aya wrote:"I see here you put that you were not as acquainted with outfits of a modern degree although Oriental is your strong suit? This is quite fine, so do not worry over it."

Oh that's such a relief! Immediately, Xiao's shoulders relaxed, drooping down as she let out a whine that sounded like a deflating balloon. Right, that's one hurdle down - her most worrying one too! She had tried to make more modern clothes before coming here today but the cut, design, use of cloth and shape as completely different! In the time it took her to make one of these 'shirts' she could have made herself a new dress!

"Oh! I will learn though!" she suddenly blurted out, rather forgotten that she thought the previous paragraph instead of sharing it with Miss. Aya verbally. "I will learn every minute, hour, day, week, month, year until I can do it properly, Miss. Aya. Eh? 'would not dare to write down flaws'? I thought you were meant to. It wouldn't be very fair for Miss. Aya if you discover my flaws after you hired me. You might regret the decision!"

Oh no, that wouldn't do at all. Xiao Xiao would hate to disappoint - her inferiority complex will get even more complex if that happened. But Miss. Aya said it's not a bad thing to be cowardly so she accepted it then? Oh, another hurdle passed and another balloon deflating whine of relief.

Miss. Lovely and Kind Aya wrote:Tell me, Xiao Xiao, what is it you would like to do if you found yourself under my employment in this shoppe?"

This question made her ears flatten and she resisted the urge to wring the ends of her sleeves. Was this a trick question? Wasn't the duties listed already in the job description? She wouldn't apply if those weren't the things she'd like to do. This was a trick question, wasn't it?

Or maybe... Xiao looked down at her feet, shuffling them awkwardly. Maybe... OH! Cogs kicking into gear in her mind, she looked up beaming happily and proudly for discovering the meaning of the question. Oh you are so smart, Xiao Xiao! Miss. Aya will be proud! Yes? Yes yes! She meant what else she could do apart from the duties listed if she was employed, right?

"I would like to make people come in here and leave happy and prettier. I would like to make or help make lots and lots and lots of clothes. I'm not expecting for Miss. Aya to put them on display or sell them. I am only an assistant after all,"
    the squirrel chattered, beyond honest by this point and rather incapable of going through the intricacies of selling herself properly with professional words and manner in front of a potential employer. She waved her hands around to gesture at the clothes on display. "I just want to make looots and loooots and loooooooots of lovely clothes, to work with cloths I've never seen before, to do intricate embroidery, to learn how to knit, weave lace, croc..crock? Crow...Crochet!"
    Aya Valentine
    Champion of the Ss'ruul
    Champion of the Ss'ruul

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    55/55  (55/55)
    Health Bar:
    530/530  (530/530)
    Stamina Bar:
    96/96  (96/96)

Post by Aya Valentine on Thu Nov 01, 2012 9:58 am

Her smile widened as Xiao broke off into another tangent, it was quite frankly adorably charming in the way of how someone could be extremely happy over one thing. Having her work here would certainly brighten it up and make it much less dull and drab. Not very much fun to have no one to talk to other than costumers all day.[color=#663399]"You make a very good point Xiao, it would not be fair but I am glad you informed me rather then let it come as it may.

Now, the vampiress was more or less unsettled as dear Xiao Xiao's ears flattened, feet shuffling.....Had she made her uncomfortable somehow with the question? Oh no, there was the excitement and joy again! Phew, Aya had been very worried for a moment there. Listening intently, she nodded in key places as the squirrel girl, whom rather then sell in a professional standpoint, spoke the true desires of what she wanted to do. And in this was what Aya wanted to see, she wanted to know how strong the passion to create, design, to cause happiness was. And well to put it plainly, the passion was strong within this one. This girl had much ambitions, she had it in spades and Aya wouldn't mind teaching her to do many of the things she'd listed, it would be fun to be someone's teacher!

"Xiao Xiao, what you've told me right now was very much what I had wanted to hear. I wanted to see what you would eventually like to do and as for your designs, I would be more than happy to display them for you! However I have asked my share of questions now do you have any you would like me to answer?" Of not then Aya would tell you to what her decision had come too.
    Xiao Xiao
    Petabyte

Petabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    560/560  (560/560)
    Stamina Bar:
    102/102  (102/102)

Post by Xiao Xiao on Thu Nov 01, 2012 6:20 pm

It's what she wanted to hear? Eeeeee~ she clapped her claps together in delight. Xiao Xiao did good, yes? Xiao Xiao answered correctly! Yes!

"You'll display them? Really? Aaa...but..." she looked around, giddiness calming down a little with each sweep of her eyes then leant in a little closer, one hand covering a side of her mouth and she whispered as if she was sharing a very worrying secret, "But... wouldn't the designs clash with yours? It ruin the display! My clothes are more... um... well, this." The squirrel gestured at her own outfit. Oriental, that's the word you're looking for Xiao. Should she poof some here for Miss. Aya to look at? Xiao Xiao can't boast of many things but one thing she could be somewhat proud of was able to summon her clothing collection from where they were stored in the palace to wherever she was now. She could should Miss. Aya this dress, or maybe this one? Or that one? Or...

Actually... Xiao looked down at her own outfit and again compared them to those fabulous ones on display. A very, very upsetting concern just bubbled to the surface of her mind and she had to fight the need to wring the ends of her sleeves in worry again - or worse yet,hug and fiddle with her tail. Oh no, that would a bad image to give during an interview.

"Questions...well, if I'm working here what do I wear? Are my clothes fine? Should I wear something less bright? Something more modern to suit the shop? What about my hair? My tail? Do I have to wear a hairnet? AA! A tail net? To keep my fur from getting on the clothes? But I brush it everyday and it's very clean and very healthy. It really doesn't fall off as much as you might think it would."

Her hands reached round and wrapped themselves around her tail, curling it to the front as evidence for Miss. Aya to examine. See! Very clean. Very soft. Very neat and tidy! No fleas, no ticks, no nasties.
    Aya Valentine
    Champion of the Ss'ruul
    Champion of the Ss'ruul

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    55/55  (55/55)
    Health Bar:
    530/530  (530/530)
    Stamina Bar:
    96/96  (96/96)

Post by Aya Valentine on Sat Nov 03, 2012 1:35 pm

She shook her head at claims of clashing, no, it would be a vibrant display of all sorts of walks of life and style. Something to be a true joy to behold, plus a chance to display some fine clothing of other wonderful designers! Reaching out for one of dear Xiao's hands, Aya gave it a squeeze and patted it reassuringly,"Oh no, no, not at all! Your clothing is beautiful and completely dear! As I said, I would be more than honored to have them displayed here!" Poor dear! There needed to be a little more faith for this dear girl! She was quite talent, a truly strong potential for all the things that would and could be accomplished! Though still, there was something bothering the poor dear! What else could be done to reassure? Mayhaps more talking would draw those bothersome worries right out of sight and mind.

"Dearest, you can wear your clothes, or whatever you please! I will provide an apron to carry all the various needs that may arise. I want you to stay true to you of course!" Pausing to consider a 'hairnet' she had to remember to what they were used for exactly. Pondering it for a bit, she figured it was not best to ruminate on it for too long either. Aya shook her head and gave another of reassurance. "I have plenty of faith that you keep very good care of your tail, so no such hair net will be need just attentive care shall do." Yes, what a lovely fluffy tail it was. How lucky you were Xiao Xiao, Aya was just envious, well somewhat, you see Aya never particularly desired a tail. But don't worry, yours was very, very nice Xiao Xiao!

Folding her hands together, Aya let out a happy little hum, yes, she felt this was a easy decision on the matter of employments."Well Xiao Xiao, I do feel that it can be said with utmost confidence that I would be more than pleased to have you work here along-side me. What say you? Would you do the honors of working in the Victorian Lily?" To make the clothes? All the beautiful clothing to be made!
    Xiao Xiao
    Petabyte

Petabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    560/560  (560/560)
    Stamina Bar:
    102/102  (102/102)

Post by Xiao Xiao on Sat Nov 03, 2012 7:21 pm

Oh she called her clothing dear! Xiao looked down to her feet, her expression that of happiness as she fiddled with her fingers and twirled her body from side to side lightly. Heeeeee~ she called her clothes 'deeeear'. Oh what should she do? Nobody called her clothes that before! Aaaa, she'll remember those words forever! FOREVER! Aaa! DEAR! That is the prettiest word in the dictionary now. DEAR!

Her happiness further when Miss. Aya informed her there was no uniform and she was fine in her normal clothes. OH TIAN AH! XIAO XIAO LOVES YOU, MISS. AYA! Admittedly, she didn't really know you BUT SHE LOVES YOU NONETHELESS! Her pretty and fashionable Miss. Aya. With her pretty hair, pretty clothes, pretty shop and pretty way of talking. Xiao Xiao loves you sooooo much. DEAR! So dear!

Then Aya dropped the final question:
    Would you do the honors of working in the Victorian Lily?"

Xiao froze, mouth dropping open. She heard it clearly. VERY clearly - sensitive hearing and all that squirrelish details - but she still wasn't convinced she actually heard did. Would....you....do...the ....

"YES!"

"YES!" she shrieked again. "YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES! Yes I would love to. I would like to to. I would be honoured to. I would love to. You'll really hire me? Really? Really really? Oh I love you, Miss. Aya! I really do! Can I hug you? Please can I hug you? Oh gods above! YES!"

She tackled her new boss in a lung crushing hug, all the while letting loose a series of over ecited chatter. "Thank you thank you thank you thank you! I love you I love love love love looooove you, Miss. Aya! Eeeeeeeeee! I'm hired! I got the job! Thank you, Miss. Aya! I will work the best I can! Even better than my best! A lot better than my better than best."

She released the vampiress, quickly brushing over her shoulders and arms to smooth out the material she creased then whirlwind to the door, opened and screamed. "EEEEEEEE! MISS AYA IS HIRING ME! I'M WORKING HEEEEEEEEEEEE-E--EE-EEE-E--EEEE-EEEERE!"

Huff.

Puff.

Huff.

The squirrel closed the door and sheepishly made her way back to Miss. Aya. "I'm sorry, I won't do that in front of customers. I will be very good and well behaved. Um.. when do I start? Will I need training first?"
    Aya Valentine
    Champion of the Ss'ruul
    Champion of the Ss'ruul

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    55/55  (55/55)
    Health Bar:
    530/530  (530/530)
    Stamina Bar:
    96/96  (96/96)

Post by Aya Valentine on Mon Nov 05, 2012 9:33 am

Aya would not fib when she would recall jolting ever so slightly at Xiao's outburst , although it was a happy one and very endearing to see such unbridled joy. She had figured some sort of happy response but this went over what she had predicted actually though she should have figured-OH THANK THE HEAVENS! If she had needed those lungs they would be painfully sore for a few hours, but alas, dear Aya had the pleasure of being able to withstand such strong affections. She gave the chattering girl a few, soft pats on the back in return, it was a mite awkward for her. A bit of a stiff when it came to affections with nearly strangers, but she understood why it had been done. But as soon as she had been caught within that brief embrace she was released and the material of her shirt on her shoulders righted. Well how considerate!

Wait, where was she going now?

The First Employee:
    "EEEEEEEE! MISS AYA IS HIRING ME! I'M WORKING HEEEEEEEEEEEE-E--EE-EEE-E--EEEE-EEEERE!"

If anything could be said, it was that Xiao took great joy in this job opportunity, and that she had probably scared a few pedestrians while expressing that giant joy of hers. The vampiress simply smiled and awaited for her to finish her celebrating, it was ever so rightly deserved. Ah, there was no need to be sheepish, Dear Xiao Xiao!"Doing exactly that in front of them would be fine, but be happy would be very nice it's place. And you start tomorrow, we'll just give you on job training so you can get the swing of things. So I will see you tomorrow then, yes?" How did it feel to have hired the first employee ever? Felt pretty darn good! Really darn good!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Dec 15, 2017 10:53 am