Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Re: The Quest for a Fairy Fountain

Post by Kev on Fri Jul 12, 2013 12:51 am

Impa's agreement made him happy. The road goes ever on and on, and sometimes though they may not want to continue, they just had to. They had to pick themselves up and keep going. Though that didn't mean they had to do it alone, and Kev had two friends right here beside him that he knew would be there for him. As he would be to them. "I'm sure we can face most everything together~!" Whether they fought against the monsters they would encounter here or the monsters like they fought inside of that sea monster. They made a nice team~!

Only a little important? "Bah, you're just being modest~ I'm sure you were like...a big cheese!" Had to be, to get in good with the king and stuff, right? Their King was a nice enough guy that Impa thought he'd be the type of person that Kev would get along with. Not that there were very many that he didn't get along with. "You really think so?" He still asked, amazed that a ruler would be conversational enough to get along with with commoners like that. A shame for him to have gone so early...

Impa went on to explain the link between the Sheikah and the Royal Family, Kev looking back at her to show he was listening. A Goddess named Hylia? The Royal Family had apparently been descended from her, and the Sheikah ancestors were guardians for that Goddess. Seemed natural then that as time went by, they continued to be loyal and guard her descendants. "A Goddess with moral descendants...very interesting." But not unheard of in some cultures. Though for his own, it definitely was. "Your people are quite loyal!" And sworn to a duty. Years had gone by and they served admirably.

Impa next spoke of a daughter, the king's daughter. A princess named Zelda and only around Sheik and Link's own age. He chuckled a bit and nudged Sheik with a wink. "I bet she was pretty, huh?~" From the way Impa spoke of her, it seems Zelda had not died like her father had, though obviously she was not here yet either. "Do you think she'll come here one day?" Hopefully she would cope well with not being so 'royal'. Kev nodded in agreement, swinging his arms in a happy manner. "You're right!~ I think things will only go well from here. We can't be beaten any harder than we already have. We're like...a soft paste. You can squish it, and pound it, but we still linger~!" He gave the grasslands a glance over to see how it was, noting that it seemed the coast was clear. For now.

---
    (628/650) HP
    (109/120) AP

"I'm Kev, and I speak through the power of telepathy. It is represented by italics and the color code #33CC66."
    Impa
    Stock Pot Inn Staff

Stock Pot Inn Staff

Level : 60

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Impa on Fri Jul 19, 2013 11:52 am

In the wake of the events during and immediately after the Reformat, Impa was admittedly rather pleased to see just how much things had picked up for everyone. Not everything had been easy at first, but whether it was contending with those lost or missing, Princess Zelda's revealing of her true identity to the future Link and his fairies, or simply forging ahead, at the very least everyone was still moving forward. Impa smiled broadly and nodded once more at Kev's accurate assessment, simply stating, "Indeed we can." The bond the three of them now shared was evidence alone of that.

Laughing a bit more at Kev's response regarding her importance back at Hyrule Castle, Impa grinned a bit. "In a sense… regardless of the fact that I was the guardian of the princess, my position held some of the same say that the Captain of the Royal Guard did. He and I would often discuss defense and the like together… I was important at the castle, but even so, regardless of the role of my people, I was just honored for my post there." The Sheikah might have held one of the higher positions at the castle, but as was her nature, it never once went to her head. When she thought back on it all, she had never expected to be the trusted guardian of the Princess of Hyrule… but both now as well as when she was first given that task, she could not have been happier.

"I know so," insisted Impa at Kev's question. "The King might have appeared imposing to some at first, but he really was very amiable." He did not always get to see his subjects, but the King of Hyrule did enjoy the opportunities he had to meet them. After all, if he was able to get to truly see who he was ruling, then he was better able to make Hyrule the great kingdom it was… and that much had proven especially true after he had unified the country.

Nodding at Kev's note about Hylia's line, Impa's smile grew once more as he commented on the Sheikah. "That we are… and no matter where we go, it is something we always strive for."

That same smile lingered as she spoke of Princess Zelda, and although she did not react outwardly to Kev's wink and nudge towards the disguised princess, Impa was admittedly a bit amused at their friend's statement. Glancing from Sheik to Kev at his question regarding the very one he had just playfully nudged, Impa replied, saying, "I do think so. I cannot say when, but something inside me tells me that she will arrive here someday. Once she does… I am certain that she would love to meet you."

Laughing just a bit at Kev's analogy, Impa nodded, noting, "We have already hit the toughest point, or so it would seem at least. And a soft paste, is it? If that's the case… then I'd say we're set to be invincible to anything the future might throw at us." Whether the Reformat was the worst of it or just one trial out of many regardless of levels of difficulty, the Sage of Shadow knew that Kev was right. They would all linger and stand triumphantly no matter what.

----

HP: (620/640)
    Sheikah Armor: (31/60)
    AP: (98/118)
    Zelda/Sheik
    Stock Pot Inn Staff

Stock Pot Inn Staff

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Zelda/Sheik on Fri Jul 19, 2013 1:00 pm

"Yeah," agreed Sheik, nodding to both Kev and Impa. Whether it was a simple battle against monsters, a far more trying and all-encompassing challenge, or anything in between, they could stand against anything, and they could especially do so if they stood together. It had been a chance encounter on the way to fight the sea monsters that she had met Kev, but that turn of fate had still brought the two of them together… and not more than ever, the disguised princess was incredibly grateful for that.

Laughing a bit at Kev's calling Impa a big cheese, Sheik playfully added, "She was." After all, the Sheikah was one of the two most important adults in the disguised princess' life. Even with the care of her father, Impa had effectively raised her from birth, and she had looked after her ever since no matter what, both here and back in Hyrule. No matter her official post, no matter her level of say within the castle, no matter her own relationship with the King… as far as Zelda was concerned, Impa was most definitely one of the most important people in the Royal Court.

Sheik was glad that Kev had found the line of the goddess to be rather interesting, and that stood regardless of her own place as a distant descendant of Hylia. She did exchange a quick grin with Impa at the remark about the loyalty of the Sheikah, for even though she was only disguised as one, Sheik was most definitely honored and happy to be on the other side of that loyalty. She had always been determined to return the loyalty in full, and that stood long before she had had to take up the guise of Sheik. Even so… she was just glad that not only was she very close to one of the loyal Sheikah, but that Impa was the one that destiny had brought to her.

As she listened to Impa tell Kev about her other self, Sheik's red eyes soon widened a bit at the playful nudge, wink, and question from her friend. Her mind was instantly taken back to the time that the older Link had asked her if Zelda was pretty, but she did at least manage to keep from fumbling here as she said, "Ah, yeah… yeah, she was." Thankfully though, he soon asked if they thought if she might come here one day, and she herself nodded in agreement with Impa's thoughtful response. "I have the same feeling… and I agree with Impa. Whenever she does arrive, I'll be sure to introduce her to you… I'm pretty sure she'd like you too."

Grinning at Kev's positive statement, Sheik soon nodded in agreement with the idea that they were like a soft paste. It was just one way to think of it, but it was very accurate. They could be met with any trial or hardship and still come out of it just the same if not stronger for it. Nodding firmly to both Kev and Impa, she added, "I'd say so too."

----

HP: (466/480)
    Sheikah Tunic: (43/50)
    AP: (77/86)
    Kev

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Kev on Thu Aug 22, 2013 10:01 pm

It was funny to think that before the Reformat had happened, he didn't even know Sheik! As for Impa, he had already known her and been friends with her through Link, but being friends with another of her charges seemed to just bring them together more. Another reason to appreciate the monthly apocalypses perhaps! Sure, people died a lot and that was hard to see or bear, but at least you met new people through them! Those were always the best friends to make, was during a fight.

Kev watched her grin triumphantly. See, even if it was only 'in a sense', you were definitely a big cheese! Impa was a Guardian to the Princess, the King's only daughter, so whatever she might say probably carried a good bit of weight. She was even well acquainted with the Captain of the Guard! They collaborated a lot to discuss defenses. So actually, she was quite important for the castle and the well-being of his occupants! "That's good that you didn't let yourself get a big head." He winked at Sheik's agreement, snickering a bit.

If Impa was sure, then he believed her! "That's good! If he were a mean king he probably wouldn't be well-liked." If he had learned anything from PB it was that when people were unhappy with how things were going, they did something about it. If Portal X was a mean Ruler, people would probably try to fight him. Of course, a King and a God were very different but the point still stood. "Aah, so for your culture, Loyalty is strived for, huh? In mine its...mostly survival." He chuckled. He watched Sheik's reaction, taking in his widened eyes. Was he caught off guard? Or maybe someone had a crush~! "What did she look like?" Off the top of his head he imagined a young girl with curly bluish purple hair and striking yellow eyes, though his perspective was obviously a bit slanted.

The two of them agreed that it was very likely that the Princess would someday appear, and even moreso that she would like him too. "If you are sure, then I bet it is true! You guys know me, I'd love to meet her. I bet she's nice.~" Just about everyone from their world seemed nice! Well, except the one purpley guy, though Kev hadn't seen him in a while. Also Shadow Link, since he wanted to cover the world in shadow.

He nodded in agreement, nothing else had ever come so close to destruction as that, had it? "Yeah either a soft paste or a hard brick." Something that couldn't be smashed, no matter what. He nodded in agreement and brought a fist up eagerly. "I agree! After all, what can be worse than a God among Gods?" One that would have destroyed everything, if not for yet another God.

---
    (628/650) HP
    (110/120) AP

"I'm Kev, and I speak through the power of telepathy. It is represented by italics and the color code #33CC66."
    Impa
    Stock Pot Inn Staff

Stock Pot Inn Staff

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Impa on Sat Aug 24, 2013 9:53 pm

Impa turned that same grin to Sheik at her playful addition regarding her high position inside of the castle, inwardly feeling a bit amused at the slight sense of triumph she was picking up from Kev. It was true enough, but it was just as Kev said... she never let it affect her in a way that would give her a big head. With a nod to show her appreciation for his words, she soon turned her gaze back to the wide stretch of plains in front of them. As they continued to walk, she soon cocked an eyebrow at noticing a rather conspicuous boulder situated at the base of a medium-sized tree. Now that looked promising...

Making sure that their course carried on towards this new observation, Impa laughed a bit at Kev's assessment of the King being liked by and popular with the people. "You're quite right. And given the nature of the Civil War that he helped end, had he in fact been a mean king, the war might have very well picked right back up." That dark time of Hyrule's history was something that Impa was glad had finally ended... and whilst a part of her did wish that it had resolved itself even sooner, the bittersweet relief that came from its end was something she still valued. So much of that fight did have to happen... but the fact was it had, and it was over now, the grand kingdom finally united under a kind ruler.

"Yes," said Impa, nodding at Kev regarding his mention of what was striven for across their respective cultures. She could not help but laugh a bit herself at his chuckle, right before adding, "I see... survival is certainly a good thing to aim for. Our loyalty might not always ensure our own survival, but we do everything we can to help those that we are sworn to protect survive." After all, the Sheikah were sworn to protect the descendants of the Goddess Hylia herself... their own survival was important, but just as the goddess and those of her line had their part to play across time, so did the Shadow Folk.

Hoping to help give the disguised princess a hand from her own sudden surprise at Kev's nudge, Impa glanced from Sheik to Kev at their friend's question regarding Zelda's appearance. "She's just about Sheik's height, with blonde hair and bright blue eyes. She typically wears her princess dress, which is a combination of blues, white, and pink, but she's quite the tomboy… so that outfit is often traded out for a more practical one when she's able to wear such."

That much had been true of the princess' attire and ease of shifting between two styles of clothing well before she had taken up the guise of Sheik, and Impa had a strong feeling that had she decided to simply stay as Zelda for the time being, that she likely would have taken to a more practical outfit when out and about in the city. Still… with Vaati's presence ever looming, the Sage of Shadow felt that her charge had made the right decision in choosing to hold onto her current alias. Sheik was simply one of two sides of the same person afar all.

Still… regardless as to which alias she had got to know Kev as, Impa was just happy that her charge had already built such a close friendship. She soon nodded to show that she was quite sure that Princess Zelda would like Kev… after all, she already did.

Be it a soft paste or a hard brick, Impa felt that Kev was quite right… and as he brought up his fist and declared that they could not find much worse than they had already fought, the Sheikah grinned, "Not too much, that's for sure… but I do know of something that is far better than that. Look." Impa stated, just before pointing towards the sizable boulder they were nearing. "I can't say for certain… but I have a feeling that there is far more to that boulder than meets the eye… it might even be what we're searching for."

----

AP: (99/118)

Last edited by Impa on Mon Sep 09, 2013 12:32 am; edited 1 time in total
    Zelda/Sheik
    Stock Pot Inn Staff

Stock Pot Inn Staff

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Zelda/Sheik on Sat Aug 24, 2013 11:29 pm

Sheik returned Kev's wink with one of her own, definitely feeling rather grateful for his own comments on the matter. Impa might have been humble about it, but she was most certainly important at Hyrule Castle… and far more than that, she was one of the most important people in her life.

The disguised princess could not help but smile further at Kev and Impa's exchange regarding the nature of her father, and as the topic turned to the loyalty of the Sheikah and the survival instincts of the Kryptonistanians, Sheik glanced downward for a few moments. She knew very well that the Sheikah were effectively the Shadows of the Hylians, that they were sworn to protect members of the Royal Family of Hyrule. So many of them had been lost when she was still a very young child, and many more before her time… she understood the bond, even if she only had a slight grasp of the full history behind it. She never once took their own fight for granted… she was always grateful for the steadfast service that the Shadow Folk had given across time… and frankly, the more she learned about the Sheikah, the more honored she was to be able to truly learn how to be one. She had always admired them regardless of Impa's post relative to her, but to be able to be a Sheikah-in-training and even more to have Impa as her guardian… Zelda truly felt that she was one very lucky girl.

Although Sheik recovered quickly from Kev's nudge and amused reaction, Impa thankfully had stepped in to better answer his question regarding Zelda's appearance. She nodded to echo her answer, smiling a bit at the added explanation about her tomboyish side. Now though, the disguised princess was rather curious as to what Kev might think about that reply.

Laughing a little at Kev's added mention of their resilient nature resembling either a soft paste or a hard brick, Sheik held up a fist in agreement as well. "Few things if any… but we will stand fast against anything."

A moment later, the disguised princess perked up at Impa's response and note for the two of them to look forward. Sheik instantly brought her gaze forward, her red eyes going wide once she saw the very interesting boulder sitting just past the base of a lone tree. That was most definitely a possible entry to a fairy fountain… had they actually found one? Was this really it?

"It could be… should we get rid of the boulder to see if it's hiding a grotto?" Sheik asked, already having a feeling that Impa might have very well picked up on whether this giant rock held any secrets beneath it.

----

HP: (486/500)
    Sheikah Tunic: (43/50)
    AP: (82/90)
    Kev

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Kev on Sun Sep 08, 2013 3:30 pm

Impa's eyebrow quirked in the most curious way, Kev glancing around to see if he could see what caused it. All he could see was some inconspicuous scenery though, so he went back to paying attention to the conversation at hand. Maybe, whatever it was, was not important!

"Ooh, when you say it like that, yeah. Definitely." A mean king would likely incite another civil war between those who liked the King and those who thought he was a jerk. When people are already divided, they need a king who can unite them. "It sounds like he was good at keeping you all together." One of those skills any ruler would need. Sometimes people were kept together by fear, or with a scapegoat, as his own people had. It seems Impa's king was liked enough that having him to look up to was enough.

Several laughs and chuckles were shared between the three of them, and he lingered close to them as they strolled the grasslands. True, survival wasn't exactly a bad thing to strive for. What didn't want to live, after all? Still, the need for survival could be seen as cowardly. His people were just painfully aware of how fragile life could be, and figured the worst thing to happen to their kind was to become extinct. "So in a way, we still strive for the same thing." He winked. After all, if Impa's kind used their loyalty to ensure the survival of their charges, that still meant they were striving for survival.

He tilted his head and listened to the description of the princess. Sheik's height, with blonde hair and blue eyes? "There sure are a lot of blond people in your world. Sheik, Link, and Link are all blond, and now this princess too?" He snickered. The details of the dress sounded usual, princesses liked dresses right? Blue, white and pink, that sounded kinda pretty. A tomboyish side too then? Very nice! "The Princess sounds like she's a nice, well-rounded person. Very pretty too!" Again, he winked at Sheik, snickering to himself at the idea of the princess coming here. Would all three of the boys become interested in her? What if they fought over her? He covered his nose and snorted. The boys weren't that silly to fight over a girl, but it was a funny image.

He laughed slightly when Sheik held up his fist too, agreeing that there were few things they couldn't stand against. "Indeed~!" He turned back to Impa curiously, head tilted to the side. He followed her finger to a boulder at the bottom of a tree. He stepped ahead and got a closer look at it. "Maybe it is! I don't think I can move it, will you be okay to move it, Impa?" He could always help!

---
    (628/650) HP
    (111/120) AP

Impa
    Stock Pot Inn Staff

Stock Pot Inn Staff

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Impa on Mon Sep 09, 2013 1:18 am

Impa smiled and nodded at Kev's assessment, a rather familiar warmth taking hold over her heart as she thought back on the King. It was a shame to have lost him as well as the rest of Hyrule when she had been transported here, but at the very least, he was still living on in the other points of time there, and she herself had made a fine home here. That home was made complete with her three charges, and the friendships she had forged alongside them were already very special to her. "He truly was, and even though we are here now, we still do our best to uphold the ideals that he led the kingdom with."

Returning Kev's wink, Impa noted, "In a way, we do." All living organisms had the basic purpose of trying to survive themselves… what they sought in addition to that was what helped individuals define themselves. Survival and loyalty were two noble things to strive for, and even though the way of the Sheikah was a little different from other cultures, Impa was most certainly honored to live up to her heritage.

Grinning just the slightest bit at Kev's observation and subsequent snicker, Impa soon nodded at his statement regarding Princess Zelda. Her grin deepening, the Sheikah added, "She is… and you would appreciate that that prettiness is present both on the outside and the inside." Her friend seemed rather amused by another thought brought on by the idea of the princess arriving on the Breach, but as he enjoyed his own laugh, Impa began to shift her focus to the boulder they had just approached.

Impa studied the boulder for several moments, taking in its overall size, composition, and positioning. Sure enough, even though she could not detect the size of the cavern it concealed, there was most assuredly a secret grotto hidden here. At Kev's question, the Sheikah turned to him with a confident nod, stating, "I will be, yes… I'm a little more used to lifting boulders of this size than one might think."

At that, Impa flexed her hands before gripping both sides of the base of the boulder, not entirely unlike the same way one might hold a pot to pick it up. A moment later, once she was certain that she had a good hold on it, she deftly lifted the boulder up above her head, holding it for a few moments before throwing it forward away from the three of them. As the boulder broke apart upon impact, Impa glanced back to where it had previously sat… sure enough, a secret grotto had been revealed, a decent sized circular hole leading the way right into it.

"I'd say we have found just what we've been looking for, or at least the next path to it… shall we?" At that, Impa hopped down into the hole, soon landing nimbly in the dimly lit area, glancing about to make certain the coast was clear. There was not a Fairy Fountain just yet, but something told her that they might very well be on their way to one very shortly… the narrow passage in front of her seemed to be just the start of this grotto.

"All right, everything is clear for now… you can come on down," Impa called up the hole to Sheik and Kev. Whether the three had any more obstacles ahead of them or not was yet to be seen, but even if they had another challenge to face, they were undoubtedly getting close to their goal.

----

AP: (100/118)
    Zelda/Sheik
    Stock Pot Inn Staff

Stock Pot Inn Staff

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Zelda/Sheik on Mon Sep 09, 2013 2:01 am

Sheik smiled at Kev and Impa's remarks regarding her father, soon nodding in agreement with her guardian's sentiment. Her father was a great man, and even though she did not have the pressures of fulfilling the throne now that she was on the Breach, the disguised princess was still determined to do her family proud and be the best she could be. Princess, Sheikah-in-training, or whatever else the future held for her, she would keep at it with the same spirit she put into each of her endeavors.

Laughing a little at Kev's comment pertaining to hair colors for Hyruelans, Sheik said, "Blond hair is the most common hair color for Hylians at least… although several Sheikah have it too. Hylians themselves have all sorts of hair colors, the same ones you would see on humans, and even a few more… Sheikah tend to have lighter colored hair, such as blond or white, but despite the common color, our own hair coming close is just coincidence, really." As Kev and Impa praised her alternate identity, the disguised princess could not help but smile softly behind the cloth covering the lower part of her face… although she did soon grin and chuckle a bit to the Kryptonistanian at his wink.

Sheik was not fully certain as to what Kev was starting to laugh about, but no sooner had she raised a curious eyebrow to her friend than had they arrived at the boulder that Impa had pointed out to them. With a quick study of it, her guardian soon moved to deftly lift the boulder and throw it forward, just in time to reveal the entrance to a secret grotto… and whether they ran into anything else inside of this cavern, it was entirely possible that a fairy fountain might lay just beyond it.

At Impa's statement and offer, Sheik nodded to her just before watching the Sheikah leap down into the grotto first. Once she had confirmed that the coast was clear, the disguised princess exchanged a nod with Kev before following after her guardian, landing perfectly on the soft earth below.

Sheik looked about the narrow cavern they had arrived in, soon spotting that the grotto widened considerably just ahead of them. Her eyes adjusted quickly to the lower level of light here, and with a curious look to Impa and Kev, she noted, "It might be a ways further in, but whether there is a fairy fountain or not, this grotto is definitely worth investigating. Let's go on and see what lies ahead."

WIth that, the three friends continued deeper into the cavern, none of them fully sure what might meet them around the next bend. Be it a fairy fountain or monster encounter, it was certainly bound to be even more of an invigorating venture before the end of it.

----

HP: (496/510)
    Sheikah Tunic: (48/55)
    AP: (85/92)
    Kev

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Kev on Fri Sep 20, 2013 10:41 pm

"That's pretty admirable." By keeping his ideals alive in their actions, it was like he didn't die. It was like he was still there for them, and all of his efforts were not for nothing, even if his universe had been obliterated like so many. He wished he could do the same for his people, though for obvious reasons this wasn't going to mesh well. His people were xenophobic after all. He wanted to keep his culture alive, but some parts of his culture were...wrong.

Impa winked back at him and he chuckled. "Indeed~" Though everything sentient did want to survive. Otherwise...well, living creatures would hardly thrive. Looking back, maybe that was a silly thing to say, but hey! He was Kev, he said silly things. He was sort of his lot in life. Prettiness both on the outside and the inside was good to hear about. "The more I hear, the more I wish she were here." He turned to face Sheik as he went on to explain about their hair. So blond actually was really common among their peoples! Though mostly for Hylians, which he figured might be Link, Link, and possibly Sheik? Though he was a Sheikah wasn't he? Bah, it didn't matter. Though as Sheik went on, he was indeed a Sheikah! He had forgotten, since the young boy looked so similar to the other two.

"I like blond hair. Though, I like hair of all kinds, they all smell really good." Especially Swindle's, when he got to be a human. Smelling the boys' hair would be too many kinds of weird. "Its a nice coincidence~" Impa thought his comment was funny, Sheik though just looked confused. He must not have reached puberty yet, innocent spawn!

As they got closer, Impa answered him with a firm nod. Of course she could move it, look at those arms! He nodded to show he understood, craning his head to watch curiously. He let out an impressed noise as she lifted the boulder over her head and tossed it aside. "Wow." He looked back to where the boulder had been, to see a circular hole! He nodded at Impa, though he blinked at the hole in some confusion. He thought a fairy fountain would be more...fountainy. Ah well! He hopped in behind Impa once she gave the all-clear.

He nodded to Sheik. "Alright! This is definitely very interesting, better than just lounging on my couch!" He couldn't wait to see this fairy fountain, they were so close!

---
    (628/650) HP
    (111/120) AP

Universal NPC
    Non-Player Character

Non-Player Character

Level : ??

Post by Universal NPC on Mon Sep 23, 2013 1:17 am

As the intrepid adventures wandered deeper into the secret grotto, they soon found that the light filtering in from the hole over the first chamber was beginning to steadily fade. There was still enough ambient light within the grotto itself to keep it from being completely pitch black, and the keen night vision of the Sheikah was more than enough to carry them on through.

*Skrr* *Skrr*

That was not necessarily good for them, as they were hardly alone down here… no, there were three new denizens, having previously burrowed their way underneath the rolling grasslands of this strange, new world…

*Skrr* *Skrr*

*SKREE*

New prey…. new targets… new powers… these were good new targets. If they dared to stand against them, they would be swiftly taken out.

*Skrr* *Skrr*

The green, glowing eyes of three mighty beasts met the three adventurers… and as their bright wings  and glowing cerci brought even more light to the dimly lit grotto, they each emitted a deep rumble, snarling at the three that had stumbled upon them.

*SKRRRRREE!*

The mighty Cy-Bugs knew three things… eat, kill, multiply. And right now… their first and second instincts were kicked into high gear as they each scurried forward, hoping to knock down their new quarry. TO ATTACK!!

----

[Cy-Bug 1 attacking Impa]
    [Cy-Bug 2 attacking Kev]
    [Cy-Bug 3 attacking Sheik]

Cy-Bug 1: (300/300)
    Cy-Bug 2: (300/300)
    Cy-Bug 3: (300/300)

Last edited by Universal NPC on Mon Sep 23, 2013 1:28 am; edited 1 time in total
    System
    Portal Master

Portal Master

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    100000/100000  (100000/100000)
    Health Bar:
    Stamina Bar:

Post by System on Mon Sep 23, 2013 1:17 am

The member 'Universal NPC' has done the following action : Dice Rolls

#1 'Attack/Heal (56-60)' : 1

--------------------------------

#2 'Coin Flip' :

#3 'Attack/Heal (56-60)' : 10

#4 'Coin Flip' :

#5 'Attack/Heal (46-50)' : 21

#6 'Coin Flip' :
    Impa
    Stock Pot Inn Staff

Stock Pot Inn Staff

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Impa on Mon Sep 23, 2013 1:34 am

Impa could not help but grin at Kev's sentiment regarding Princess Zelda's being here, and as she returned her gaze forward, she found her thoughts looking to the day when the disguised princess might be able to reveal her secret to their friend. As with the future Link, it was going to have to wait for the time to be just right, but considering the bond that they were already forming with Kev and the Kryptonistanian's preexisting friendship with both of the Links, the Sheikah felt that that day would certainly happen before too long.

Glad that Kev seemed to like the way that she handled the boulder that had stood in their way, Impa was soon inside of the grotto, glancing about and getting a feel for just how deep it went. In some ways, the cavern reminded her of the tomb of the Royal Family… it started out small and narrow, but she could definitely tell that there was far more to this area than initially met the eye… including the faint sense that there was in fact a fairy fountain beyond the first chambers.

Nodding to Sheik at her charge's voiced sentiment, Impa looked to both her and Kev, stating, "We might not be alone here… but I can tell that there is definitely a fairy fountain up ahead. Let's press on, but do be careful."

At that, the three friends continued forward, but by the time they emerged into a still dark albeit larger chamber, Impa soon stopped, the hair on the back of her neck standing on end as she heard the sound of something skittering across the walls of the cavern. The noise was not entirely unlike a Skulltula, but this one sounded much larger, even bigger than a Big Skulltula

Impa suddenly held up her hand, signaling for Kev and Sheik to hold… and barely a moment later, they were all met with three sets of four glowing compound eyes. As the Sheikah's night vision better settled, the source of glows and skittering became more present. The natural light emitted from the three, large creatures soon revealed them within the cavern, and Impa knew that they were not going to be able to access the fairy fountain without a fight.

These monsters were strange, hardly like anything the Sage of Shadow had seen before… but that was not about to stop her from taking them out and defending her charge and friend. Before Impa could try to get a good look at their opponents to try and figure out a possible weakness, her red eyes soon widened as the three monstrous insects suddenly charged them. "Look alive!"

The three foes attacked first, Impa soon deflecting the front one off of its course with a strong push of her arm, her gauntlet taking the brunt of the damage from that blow. It might not have damaged her foe, but at least it had helped keep her from being caught by it. In one smooth motion, the Sheikah drew her blade and pivoted around, dashing for the monster's underbelly with three quick slashes. She might not have ever seen a Cy-Bug before, but as with most insects, the underside was a good place to start searching for a weakness.

----

[Attacking Cy-Bug 1]

Sheikah Armor: (30/60)
    AP: (97/118)

Last edited by Impa on Mon Sep 23, 2013 1:35 am; edited 1 time in total
    System
    Portal Master

Portal Master

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    Health Bar:
    Stamina Bar:

Post by System on Mon Sep 23, 2013 1:34 am

The member 'Impa' has done the following action : Dice Rolls

#1 'Attack/Heal (56-60)' : 29, 5, 2

#2 'Coin Flip' :
    Zelda/Sheik
    Stock Pot Inn Staff

Stock Pot Inn Staff

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Zelda/Sheik on Mon Sep 23, 2013 1:46 am

Smiling warmly at Kev's voiced wish regarding meeting the other side of herself, Sheik found herself sincerely hoping that as she got closer and closer to her friend, that timing would present itself  just right to let her share her secret with him. She wasn't sure when it would be, but she was fairly certain that it would not be a question of if… only when. Given his friendship with both Link and Link, the way that he had got to know Impa in passing before getting to know her better recently, and their own fast friendship around the latest crisis to hit the Breach, their bond was already off to a great start and growing stronger by the day.

Sheik chuckled at Kev's remark about hair, glad to hear that he liked it… smell and everything. She supposed that the shampoos of this world certainly didn't hurt, but it was indeed interesting to hear that that was a trait that he liked about it. Now whilst the disguised princess had been amused by Kev's subtle elbowing at her regarding the other half of herself, his subsequent laughter without additional context was what had confused her, especially since unlike her friend, she could not really read minds. Contrary to the innocent eyebrow raise here, Sheik had already started puberty a couple of years ago, as was mostly evidenced by the height that her growth spurt had helped her achieve. Any other changes were not that noticeable, given her youth, her outfit, and the other added details of her disguised such as the bandages around her torso, but she had definitely started to grow up.

As the three ventured into the grotto and headed deeper into it, Sheik made certain to heed Impa's words about being careful. Whether they were alone down here or not, it was definitely good to confirm that there was a fairy fountain up ahead. Even if they met another challenge before they could find it, at least they were on the right track.

Before too long, the disguised princess picked up the sounds of scurrying, soon reminded of some of the larger, arachnid foes that inhabited Hyrule… when she finally saw the sets of glowing green eyes, bright wings, and illuminated cerci though, she knew that whilst these were definitely monsters, they were not like anything she had ever faced before. Her red eyes widened as she got a better look at the three, large insects that were staring each of them down, and only a moment later did she jump up at Impa's called warning. "AH!"

Battle instincts and training took over, as just before the Cy-Bug could hit her, Sheik performed a Sheikah Vanish, deftly dodging its charge before reappearing just to the other side of it. There was very little time to act, and before the beast could get its bearings again, the disguised princess quickly charged up three sizable blasts of Din's Fire, unleashing them in one single inferno aimed directly at the monster that sought to attack her. It wound up being a near and unfortunate miss, but Sheik was not about to let that discourage her in the slightest.

--------

[Attacking Cy-Bug 3]

HP: (496/510)
    Sheikah Tunic: (48/55)
    AP: (77/92)

Last edited by Zelda/Sheik on Mon Sep 23, 2013 2:00 am; edited 1 time in total

Current date/time is Tue Oct 17, 2017 9:18 am