Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Re: The Quest for a Fairy Fountain

Post by Impa on Thu Nov 29, 2012 8:43 pm

And with the final expert hits landed by both Sheik and Kev, the remaining three Bokoblins were felled. Only once she was positive that not a one of them would rise (before disappearing in a quick purple plume, of course) or that any more would arrive did Impa move to relax her posture, standing back up to her full height. Smiling slightly as she moved to clean her Sheikah Blade and resheathe it, Impa nodded in satisfaction, soon turning to her two companions.

"Well fought, you two... I'm especially proud of your last two hits, Sheik. You executed that attack sequence perfectly" stated Impa, her smile broadening a bit as she moved closer to Sheik and Kev. "Are you both all right?"

The Sheikah had seen each hit that the three of them had taken, but she still wanted to check on her charge and friend before they all got set to continue on their way. She herself had sustained a few decent hits, but it was certainly nothing to slow her down. If nothing else, her own injuries would be perfect to show off the powers of a red fairy once they hopefully found a fountain. Given the fact that they had encounter an entire pack of Bokoblins, it was entirely possible that they were on the right track to one… perhaps if they moved on in the direction from which the seven monsters had all come from…

As Sheik and Kev replied, Impa glanced past them for a moment, studying the horizon that the Bokoblins had stormed them from. The vast expanse of grasslands stretched on in that direction too, but if they made their way over the hills, perhaps they might find their destination sooner than if they simply wandered forward in a straight line from here.

----

HP: (500/520)
    Sheikah Armor: (21/55)
    AP: (65/90)
    Zelda/Sheik
    Stock Pot Inn Staff

Stock Pot Inn Staff

Level : 60

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Zelda/Sheik on Fri Nov 30, 2012 12:56 am

Sheik couldn't help but grin to herself as she took down not only Impa's Bokoblin but her own, and that smile only grew at Kev's sudden praise. She threw him a quick thumbs up right before she glanced over towards the alien's own battle. It almost seemed to happen in slow motion as she focused on the attack he set up, and in two powerful, perfectly aimed punches, he had sent the final Bokoblin to join the others that had launched their assault on them. Now THAT was a way to finish off a fight!

As per Impa's teachings, Sheik did not let up her guard until a few seconds after the final Bokoblin had been felled. The coast clear now, she too relaxed her stance, soon slightly pulling down the cloth that partial covered her face as she looked between her guardian and friend. She dusted herself off from where she had been hit, and whilst she had sustained some damage in the fight, it was nothing serious. She was fine for now, and whether by way of a fairy, some Lon Lon milk, or simply some rest later, she would be as good as new in no time at all. The disguised princess was definitely grateful for the chance of quick healing, and this battle was just another reason that she hoped their quest proved successful.

"That was great, Kev! I loved the way you slid under him before you attacked!"
    exclaimed Sheik as the three moved together now that the coast was clear. Still grinning and bowing slightly to her guardian at her compliment, Sheik added, "Thank you, Impa… I couldn't have done it without the opening you set up."

At Impa's question as to everyone's status, Sheik nodded, replying, "I'm all right… I took a couple of hits, but I have weathered worse." The disguised princess could tell from both her guardian's armor and some slight marking outside of that that Impa had also taken some damage, but it was nothing compared to what she knew the Sheikah was capable of withstanding. For any hit that Impa could not dodge, she could certainly take it. Hopefully though, they would not have to take any more damage on this quest.

----

HP: (236/250)
    Sheikah Tunic: (18/25)
    AP: (26/40)
    Kev

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Kev on Sat Dec 01, 2012 5:54 pm

Kev backed away from the fallen Bokoblin, looking around with scrutiny to see if more would arrive, but it seems they had finally defeated them all! But more likely then not, more would appear later. Might not even be these odd creatures, might be others! But these three worked well with each other, they'd be able to face most anything! Panting a little bit from exertion, he sidled back over to his companions brightly.

"Impa's right, Sheik, you were like a MASTER with that Din's Fire! You took down two of them, one right after the other!" Impressive, even more so since Sheik was young! He ruffled the top of Sheik's head, stroking his hair a bit, and looked back up at Impa. "You were really great too, Impa! You two must be pretty experienced at fighting, right?" At Sheik's compliment on his moves, he laughed a bit. "Thank you Sheik~! I really liked it too! I was sort of in the moment~ I felt like a ninja!" This fight had been a really impressive adrenaline rush! He looked down at the boy fondly before looking back up at Impa, at her query.

"Hm?" He glanced down at himself, looking himself either. "Same as Sheik, they got me a few times, but its nothing I can't handle. I've had worse~!" Such as being stabbed right through the chest. Still mind boggling to remember that and think about how he was able to walk away from that battle, thanks to healers in the fight. "How about you, Impa? Did they get you? I don't remember them hitting you that much, we really took these guys down impressively~! They kept trying to hit us, and we took them down together, like a real team~!" They were a powerful and hardworking team, and they couldn't be stopped!~

---
    (628/650) HP
    (105/120) AP
    Impa
    Stock Pot Inn Staff

Stock Pot Inn Staff

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Impa on Sat Dec 08, 2012 12:58 am

Impa nodded at Kev's praise of her charge, right before stating, "He's quite right, Sheik… and not only were you able to pull off that dual attack flawlessly, it seems that you have gained back some of your true power. I knew you were very close to that, but I am glad to see that you have been able to unlock it already."

Smiling a touch more at Kev's compliment to her, Impa glanced to him with a slight nod before she added, "Thank you, Kev… and you would be quite right about that. I might be the one that was trained as a warrior, but I've tried my best to help teach Sheik various skills that can be used in and out of battle." She couldn't help but laugh slightly at the alien's enthusiasm over his own well-executed attack, soon noting, "With moves like that perhaps I could teach you a few Sheikah skills sometime."

The Sheikah might not have been ninjas in the strictly traditional sense of the word, but when it came to sheer skill and stealth, they were about as ninja-like as they came. The magic they were capable of possibly made them even more of a force to be reckoned with than just what their combative prowess gave them, but regardless of any trademarks of the species, Impa was beyond proud at what Zelda had been able to learn as Sheik. As a Hylian, the disguised princess could only learn most of the Sheikah training, but for much that was trickier for her, she was able to figure out different ways to make those skills work for her. Regardless as to what method had to be utilized for a particular trick though, there were some skills that could likely be taught to Kev.

"I'm glad you're both all right," said Impa, pleased to confirm their respective statuses. At Kev's question, she nodded before replying, "I'm all right, thank you. They did hit me a couple of times, but even for what I could not block, like you, I have certainly had worse. And that we did… I knew the three of us were fit to be a good team even before we set out, and I'd say that battle has proven that."

As the trio got set again and continued about their way across the grasslands, Impa pointed forward, stating, "Considering the direction that the bokoblins came from, it is a sound bet that we are headed in a good direction."

----

HP: (530/550)
    Sheikah Armor: (21/55)
    AP: (76/100)
    Zelda/Sheik
    Stock Pot Inn Staff

Stock Pot Inn Staff

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Zelda/Sheik on Sat Dec 08, 2012 4:36 am

"Ha-ha-ha, thanks!" laughed Sheik, smiling brightly to Kev at his high compliments. "I've got to use similar before in other battles, but that was the first time I was able to pull of that version of it… it was fun!"

The disguised princess was admittedly pleased with her own dual attack, but hearing the praise of both her guardian and friend certainly boosted that. She was confident in her own abilities even around her training, but for any chance that she had to actually use them whether in a real battle or not, she definitely enjoyed such. Tomboy that she was, Sheik was never afraid to do what she had to in any situation, and although she did not have as much battle experience as Impa or either of the Links did, she was always ready to use her strength where she could.

Closing her right eye as she grinned at Kev's ruffling of the top of her head, Sheik soon turned back to Impa at her mention of some of her power returning to her. Come to think of it… she had! Focusing inward, Sheik felt that she had managed to finally break past the lock that she had had prior to this quest. She had felt something a little more true as the battle ended, but now that she had a chance to actually focus on it, she could outright sense it and everything that it held. That soon caused her expression to shift to one of slight excitement as she said, "You're right… I have. Thank you, Impa… I'll make sure to practice with it soon!"

And now that she could feel those abilities returned to her, the disguised princess could hardly wait to try them out again!

Glad to confirm that Impa was all right too, Sheik grinned again as both her guardian and Kev commented on their expert teamwork. "Hey, you and I made a great team last month, so it makes sense that we make an even better team now!"

And with that, the three were set to continue on their way. Sheik nodded at Impa's observation, hoping that they wouldn't have too many tough encounters on the way to a possible fairy fountain. She didn't mind another battle of course, but it would be nice to not have to fight at every single turn.

As Kev, Sheik, and Impa ventured further across the Samba Heartlands, the Sheikah soon turned to her friend, asking, "I'm curious Kev, and these grasslands have me thinking… might I ask what your homeworld is like?"

----

HP: (236/250)
    Sheikah Tunic: (18/25)
    AP: (27/40)
    Kev

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Kev on Wed Dec 12, 2012 4:30 pm

"You're welcome Sheik!~ It looked like a lot of fun!" He said back happily. He was really beginning to find himself to be very fond of the young boy. Impa complimented Sheik as well, stating that he seemed to be getting some former strength back with those attacks, and Kev nodded to show that he agreed. He could feel that his own strength had grown over the years of being here. Sure, it may not look like it since his physique was...noodly, but he had more power in these fist then even he knew!

"You are welcome too, Impa! I can't say I'm surprised that you were trained as a warrior, you're definitely really good at fighting! And you've taught Sheik well~" And the Links were well trained as well, although he wasn't sure if that was her doing or someone else's. "Oooh~! Sure, I'd love to learn some more skills!" Kev chuckled and nodded in agreement with Sheik. "Very true~! And I think we'll only become even better at fighting together as time goes on!" Because they all knew the world was gonna end again soon.

"I'm glad to hear you're alright too!" Especially glad, since the last adventure he had been on, one of their party had been frozen stiff, and nearly eaten by a ghastly creature that guarded a bridge. Not to mention the injuries he had sustained from being carried by a plushy pterodactyl...yeah, that trip was not on his list of favorite quests. This though? It was already at the top! Then again, Kev had a small list of quests. He nodded and followed after them, if creatures were attacking they meant they were close, especially since Impa and Sheik recognized them. Impa's question had him tilting his head a bit.

"Yes, you may ask! I don't mind!" Sometimes it did get a little depressing to recall his planet for others, but this was not one of those moments. "Before my time, my whole planet had been full of plants, not unlike the forests or rain forests of Earth, or even this place! Most of the plants had the same coloration as myself, stripes included." To show this, Kev rolled his sleeve up and showed the two the seldom seen stripes on his arms, the same color as the marking on his face. "My people didn't really have much technology at all, and even though we had defense mechanisms against predators, we hadn't thought to create tools yet at the time and just relied on what we had. Although I doubt sharp sticks would have been able to stop what happened anyways..." He trailed off for a moment before continuing.

"The Quasarians, who were from a nearby planet, came to our's, asking to use our natural resources. Our leaders refused and tried to send them off. The Quasarians were big, burly, and didn't like taking no for an answer, so they began to bomb our surface, and we were helpless. We might have died if not for the Insect-like Thermians, who intervened and sent the Quasarians on their way. Ever since then, most of my planet's surface was black and barren. We still have areas like they used to be, and we regularly attended to it and tried to reintroduce plants to the surface, but the damage has been very destructive."

He glanced around the beautiful grasslands around them. "That's why I like this place. At least whenever the world ends and parts of this place gets destroyed, it usually comes back."
    Impa
    Stock Pot Inn Staff

Stock Pot Inn Staff

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Impa on Fri Dec 14, 2012 4:08 am

Smiling broadly at Kev's kind words regarding her status and training as a warrior, right before nodding at his mention of Sheik's training. She was definitely confident in her own abilities, but she still appreciated her friend's thoughts regarding them. "I've certainly tried my best on both fronts… it does help that I've got such a good student, though."

Impa had primarily trained Zelda of course, and that training extended several years back, even before the princess was able to pick up her first bow. Regardless of the events prior to her birth, the King of Hyrule had been in full support of Impa helping to teach his daughter in things far beyond just the general knowledge that she would need to someday rule the kingdom. Whether it was general studies, magic, or combat, he wanted to help quench his daughter's thirst for knowledge and desire to do what she knew was right. Luckily for Impa, the princess was not only sharp, she was an eager student. That had definitely helped once they had started hiding in Kakariko Village… and any though of the way that she had picked up her own Sheikah training still pleased the Sage of Shadow. She knew it was fully in character for the princess, especially since it was what had to be done, but that pride still formed.

After time had been turned back to continue on its proper course in Hyrule, Impa had helped enhance some of the experience that Link had gained on his original quest. Those trainings had continued here, and picked up even further once she and the future Link became friends. More than that, the young Sheikah Aicara had also wound up as a student of Impa's, especially since she had needed some guidance in the ways of magic. 'Teacher' was not Impa's primary title of course, or even what she tended to think of herself as, but she was glad that she was able to serve as a guardian as well as guide for the four young Hyruleans.

"That we will," noted Impa at Kev's statement that they would only continue to build their skills with the passage of time. That was one of the few constant truths in this world, especially when proper effort was given. If nothing else, the goal of furthering their bond as well as their skills was something good to focus on as they resumed their trek to the fairy fountain.

Smiling slightly as Kev said that he didn't mind describing his homeworld, Impa exchanged a quick glance with Sheik before starting to listen very intently to her friend's tale. She nodded thoughtfully as Kev detailed not only the current state of Kryptonistan, but also its past and some of the history that connected the two points in time. Her smile shifted to a slightly broader one as he show the striped markings he bore on his arms… ah, so whilst both he and she had their own eye markings, he had several more. This was not a surprise, but it was still neat to learn.

As Kev continued, Impa found that the original state of the world reminded her of much of Hyrule… unfortunately though, the prominent flora was not the only thing that struck a chord with the Sheikah. No, her friend's world had also been ravaged by destruction, most of it caused by the selfish desires of some. Her expression became more serious as Kev continued, but at least that bit of history ended with the instigators being driven away. The fact that some of the world retained its original state was reassuring, even though Kev's arrival on the Breach meant that it was gone from that point in time.

Impa looked about the grasslands before them as Kev did, nodding in agreement with him. Yes… it wasn't their original world, but the Breach was rather nice. More than that, it had an uncanny way of rebuilding itself.

After a heavy pause, Impa said, "I am sorry that your home bore the brunt of greed and hatred. I for one have seen too well what such can do to a world." Feeling Sheik's sympathetic gaze as her charge placed a gentle hand on her arm, Impa looked from the disguised princess to Kev, stating, "The Hyrulean Civl War actually drew to a close less that a decade ago, when both Sheik and Link were still very young. It caused great loss for many… and I had my own part in it. I thankfully got to serve as more of a sentry for it… but even so, such destruction is costly, and can take time to recover beyond the surface."

The Hyrulean Civil War was something that Impa very rarely discussed… in part because it was such a dark part of Hyrule's past, and further due to the fact that it had been the primary cause of her own clan being effectively killed off. The Sheikah were the servants of the Royal Family… so they suffered greater losses than many might have predicted. Even with everything that that war had meant to her, Impa could not help but feel that it was right to tell Kev. They might have come from completely different worlds, but it seemed that once again, the two had plenty in common in both bad and good respects.
    Zelda/Sheik
    Stock Pot Inn Staff

Stock Pot Inn Staff

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Zelda/Sheik on Fri Dec 14, 2012 6:44 pm

Positively beaming from all of the feedback and assessments that each go them were sharing right now, Sheik found herself even more thrilled that she and Impa had been able to embark on a quest with Kev. Indeed, they were already becoming closer trio, and she was very happy that her friend thought that her guardian had taught her well. She most definitely had, even before she started her own Sheikah training… regardless of some of the challenges that she had to face around it, and even considering the reason that she had had to take up that particular training in the first place, the disguised princess enjoyed just about every minute of it.

Being able to continue what she had started in Hyrule was great, and it was made even better by the fact that sometimes she was able to have joint training sessions of other varieties with both or either of the Links or even Aicara. It only enhanced what any of the four of them were able to learn, and much like this adventure, it was always a great bonding experience.

As the three continued onward, Sheik perked up a bit at Impa's question to Kev. She too had been curious about his homeworld, having only learned the most basic of information relevant to the culture of Kryptonistan. When Kev stated that he didn't mind sharing, it seemed that she might be able to learn even more about where her friend had come from.

Kev began to depict the original state of the world, and with as lush as it sounded, the disguised princess was definitely intrigued… forests were practically always great places in her book. She grinned a bit as he showed off the stripes he bore on his arms, nodding as he detailed the way that they serves as camouflage. That made perfect sense… and even though she hadn't known his full striping before now, she was admittedly rather pleased to be one of the few to see his rarely shown stripes. Much like the mark on his face, they suited him.

Kev's tone shifted slightly, causing Sheik to blink… if she didn't know any better, it sounded as though his homeworld had had to bear witness to something devastating. As he began to describe the past struggles of his planet, she felt a strange sense of familiarity. It wasn't quite the same as the evil that Ganondorf had infected the land with from her timeline, but it sounded far more similar to the certain events that had started long before she was born… the Hyrulean Civil War…

Unsurprisingly, Impa was also reminded of that. Once she caught the look in her guardian's eyes, Sheik's own eyes widened slightly as she realized just what Impa was about to share. It made sense given their close friendship with Kev, as well as what he had just discussed with them… but the disguised princess still knew that this was a very delicate subject. Impa had handled it incredibly well in her eyes, especially since she had guarded her during it and taking to some of the combat around her primary task. The worst part of the war for her was the near total end of the Sheikah…

Nodding in agreement and smiling softly at Kev's words about the world of the Breach, Sheik's gaze slowly drifted from Impa to Kev. She waited for her guardian to finish before adding, "It only ended when I was a couple of years old… and that was when the King of Hyrule managed to unify the country. I'm glad though that both of our worlds were able to recover and rebuild from such events, though… and the same goes for this new world."
    Kev

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Kev on Fri Dec 28, 2012 5:27 pm

Impa sounded so proud of little Sheik, so very proud. As was he. In a place like Portal Breach, the sooner you know how to fight, the better, and for Sheik at least, he'd been learning since before coming here. It made him wonder though, just how old Sheik and the Links were. They seemed young...what was their home like that such young spawn had to learn to fight?

Assured that everyone was alright, Kev told his story, watching closely to see how his companions reacted. He'd told this story a few times in the beginning, but Impa and Sheik were newer. In fact, a lot of people were newer. He was so used to being friends with people who'd been around when he'd first arrived that he forgot there were some things about him that others didn't know. Like the aforementioned stripes that were on his arms and chest. They'd been seen before, but not by these two. Perhaps in the future, they could hang out more often...he certainly would not mind at all.

Their faces during his story were pleasant and eager, although becoming a bit more serious when he shared the devastation. He was lucky that it had happened before his time, he'd never had to worry about nearly dying, but the things that had happened after were what he had to deal with. The lessons and propaganda that other species were all like the Quasarians. The only exceptions were Thermians, otherwise every other species of alien was out to kill, experiment, harm, and torture them. Or so they claimed. But with so very little contact between species, he'd never known any better before coming here. And that was one of the things he liked about this place. He felt bad, to have changed so much. He would not be welcome back on his Planet, if it ever returned. He had changed too much. Integrated too much. And in that, there was some slight shame. How could he change and turn from some of his people's ways, when he was all that was left of it?

Change was necessary though. He looked at his companions brightly. If he hadn't changed, he would not be out here with Impa and Sheik, two increasingly good friends of his. And as Impa spoke, he felt that they shared that experience. The experience of a homeworld being ravaged. A Civil war, to be exact! One of the worst kinds of war one could have. He winced sympathetically and listened as she went on. They had lost more than just land, they had lost people, comrades. In Impa's case, she had actually lived and fought in this Civil war! Their circumstances were not the same, but at least they all three understood war and loss. In some ways more than he really knew.

"I'm sorry to hear that you lived through a terrible sounding Civil war. I'm glad you managed to come out of it in one piece Impa!" Wow, Sheik had only been 2 when it ended? And it'd been 10 years since then? He wasn't really familiar with human lifespans, or in Sheik's case, Sheikah life spans, but that must be young. "Ooh, you guys had a king? He sounds nice if he was able to unite the place after the war!" A shame that both their worlds and his were gone now...probably that King was gone with it. But still, he nodded in agreement with Sheik. "Me too...can you imagine what this place would be like if Alpha's stuff hadn't been fixed?" He'd nearly destroyed the whole planet!

Last edited by Kev on Fri Feb 22, 2013 1:19 am; edited 1 time in total
    Impa
    Stock Pot Inn Staff

Stock Pot Inn Staff

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Impa on Fri Feb 22, 2013 1:11 am

Impa was most certainly proud of Sheik, and that stemmed back to both versions of the timeline that she herself had experienced back in Hyrule as well as to what her young charge had even able to build on since arriving on the Breach. The disguised princess' power might have still only been part of what she had been truly capable of, but all of her skills remained, as did her aptitude for learning more and building on all of them. For what she currently lacked in true attack power, she more than made up for in other aspects both in and outside of battle.

As Kev pondered about spending more time with both of the Hyruleans in the future, a very similar thought was running through Impa's mind. She had started to become closer to the Kryptonistanian, and hopefully the two of them could build on that bond outside of the Sanctuary and any event that threatened the world at large. And around this and future visits, whenever he was interested, perhaps they could tell their friend about their homeworld as well… after all, no matter the nature of any particular tale, it was always nice to get to share stories of ones original world. In some senses, those tales did bear varying degrees of nostalgia, but even though they were now gone from their native Hyrule, all of the Hyurleans here had gained many things they did not have back home.

It was true a double-edged sword, but just like her charges, Impa was determined to focus on the good edge of that blade. She, like them, had forged many new, good memories… they had each forged new bonds with people here, and built stronger bonds around those. The Breach might not have been their original home, but they were all doing their best to make it a good one… to make it truly their own new home.

"Thank you, Kev," said Impa, nodding to him. Her tone was sincere, for even though there was not much that could be said for either Kev's planet's past or the situation she herself had survived back in Hyrule, the sentiment was truly appreciated "I had many reasons to fight, and many more to hold on past that… it was a bloody part of our history, but the important thing was that everyone was able to move on past that to a brighter future."

At Kev's question regarding them having had a king, Impa exchanged a glance and smile with Sheik before turning back to their friend, stating, "Yes. I was in direct service to him… and that was part of what led to my being a guardian." Pausing to let Sheik add her own heartfelt statement, the Sage of Shadow soon added, "He's quite right. He was a wise and benevolent man, and regardless of the fact that my people were sworn to protect the Royal Family of Hyrule, I was truly honored to work for him."

----

HP: (570/590)
    Sheikah Armor: (26/60)
    AP: (86/108)
    Zelda/Sheik
    Stock Pot Inn Staff

Stock Pot Inn Staff

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Zelda/Sheik on Fri Feb 22, 2013 1:34 am

Much like her two companions here, Sheik was also thinking that she hoped that she as well as Impa, Link, and Link could have many more chances to hang out with Kev in the future. She had only really got to know him during the events of the past month, but even so, the two had struck a quick bond that only seemed to be growing stronger by the day. She had a strong feeling that it was only going to continue to strengthen, and that their impromptu quest today would be but one catalyst for that. Regardless, she was just glad for this chance, and around it, she was thrilled to get to learn even more about her newer friend.

Smiling at Kev's voiced sympathy for Impa, the disguised princess' expression did soften a touch at his question regarding the King of Hyrule. In Impa and Link's version of the timeline, the King -- Zelda's father -- had still been alive and was continuing to rule, even well after the capture of Ganondorf. In her version of it though, before time had been properly turned back for good, that was sadly not the case.

The night that Ganondorf had attacked Hyrule Castle… the night that Impa whisked her away to safety, when the princess herself entrusted the Ocarina of Time to Link… the castle had not been the only casualty. The King of Hyrule had also fallen.

Sheik had lived with that knowledge for a year in Hyrule before she was transported to the Breach… and even before she had confirmed that in the true timeline to follow, that he was once again alive and well, she had felt that that would hopefully be the case once Ganondorf's evil had been undone. Even with that optimistic hope, that strong feeling she'd had, it had still been a heavy blow to her… and even here, knowing that her intuition had been correct, regardless of the fates of their worlds at those specific points in time… it was still something of a sensitive spot for her. She had grown much stronger from it the past several months and was now able to handle the subject better than ever, but even with that relief and comforting knowledge, the fact that he had even fallen at all like that was not something that could simply be completely erased. The wound was there, but at the very least, it had been very much healed.

"Yeah… we did, and he was very nice," said Sheik, nodding in agreement regarding Kev and Impa's statements on the King of Hyrule. "He was a great ruler… very kind and able to help work with everyone under his reign."

Once she and Impa had spoken of the King, Sheik soon found her eyebrows raising slightly at the thought of Alpha's own influence not having been repaired. There were almost always what-if situations in large conflicts, and the events of the Reformat were no different. The disguised princess had a very creative mind though, and as improbable as it was to think of what might have befallen the Breach had the god of gods not been bested, the mental image brought on by that idea still formed for her. She had been the witness to plenty of destruction back in Hyrule, and that coupled with what she saw take place last month… Sheik found herself more relieved than ever that they had not let Alpha succeed. "I can, but I'm very glad that we were able to repair and refresh everything. This might not be our original world, but it's our home now… and best of all, it's safe again."

----

HP: (266/280)
    Sheikah Tunic: (23/30)
    AP: (35/46)
    Kev

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Kev on Tue May 07, 2013 3:39 pm

"You're welcome." He returned Impa's nod. He already had a good idea of their fighting experience from other encounters but especially after what had just happened. War could be brutal, and you either learned to fight or didn't come back. That was what happened to Jo when she was forced to take part in the Gamma War. She learned to fight in different ways that were suited to war, trained for it too, got stronger. He could imagine a younger Impa doing the same.

Wars were always a nice, bloody patch on a clean history. In some ways, the events that happened on PB had the same effect. "Just like we'll be able to move past even the darkest things, and keep going to the future." Alpha's near destruction was still so clear in their minds, and Leslie was also gone...the idea of her leaving made him sad, but at the same time he knew he couldn't dwell on it. He had to move forward, hoping that she would return. Either they would meet up again, or they wouldn't. It was still pretty early, but the prospect of her not returning was...oh so there. But that was PB, experiencing sad things, dark things, and moving past it to experience the happy things.

Ooh, so Impa had served their King! "You must have been pretty important!" Only important people were allowed near Kings, right? Sheik agreed that the King was a good ruler, very kind and helpful. "He sounds like a nice guy. I wish I could meet him." The Sheikah were sworn to serve and protect the Royal Family? "Is there any particular reason why your People swore to do that, or did they just like the Royal Family a lot?" And Royal Family...did that mean the King had kids? "What happened to the rest of the Royal Family?"

At Sheik's latest statement, Kev nodded in agreement. "That's also says a lot for Portal Breach. If Alpha can come down and have his attempts to destroy it reversed, that means nothing can destroy it! Our home, at least, is safe."

---
    (628/650) HP
    (108/120) AP

"I'm Kev, and I speak through the power of telepathy. It is represented by italics and the color code #33CC66."
    Impa
    Stock Pot Inn Staff

Stock Pot Inn Staff

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Impa on Fri Jun 21, 2013 4:24 am

"That we shall," noted Impa, nodding in agreement with Kev's statement regarding moving towards the future. No matter how dark or grim things ever turned for them here, no matter what events happened to meet them, it was of the utmost importance that they stay strong and only look forward. To be able to learn and build from the past was key, and the Sage of Shadow was determined to use any of those experiences to help build a better and brighter future for her charges, her friends, and herself here.

Laughing softly at Kev's exclamation, Impa just smiled to her friend, stating, "Maybe a little. And he certainly is… he likely would have got on quite well with you." The Sheikah shared a knowing smile and slight nod with the disguised princess at that, right before she glanced back to Kev at his next question. "There is, yes. Long ago, the Sheikah were the chosen guardians of the goddess Hylia… the Royal Family are her descendants, so we continue to serve them as we did the goddess in ancient times. As their line carries, so does our own."

Once Kev asked about the rest of the Royal Family, Impa's smile grew a bit more before she responded. Now there was certainly a nice subject for the Sage… and a bit of an amusing one considering that the heir in question was in fact in their present company. "The King did have one daughter… Princess Zelda. She's about Sheik and Link's age… and in my own service to the Royal Family, I was tasked with being her guardian."

Nodding alongside Kev at Sheik's own statement, Impa looked out across the grasslands they were steadily traversing. The Kryptonistanian had a very good point… they might meet danger here, but considering the result of the events with Alpha, even if the worst was thrown their way, they could still rise above it and keep their home safe.

----

HP: (620/640)
    Sheikah Armor: (31/60)
    AP: (97/118)
    Zelda/Sheik
    Stock Pot Inn Staff

Stock Pot Inn Staff

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Zelda/Sheik on Fri Jun 21, 2013 4:51 am

Smiling a bit more broadly at Kev's sentiment and Impa's agreement, Sheik simply nodded strongly. The events with Alpha had even very dark and incredible trying, but the disguised princess knew that no matter what met them from that or even after it, that they would be able to move past it all. So long as they focused on the future, nothing could stop them from moving forward.

The past was very important to hold onto, especially the good times and memories held within it… and even with any dark events that it contained, those could only be used as a foundation towards a better, brighter future.

Sheik could not help but grin at Kev's calling Impa important. To her, the Sheikah was one of the most important people in her life, so job titles and duties aside, her friend was very right in calling guardian such. Chuckling a little at Impa's response, she readily returned Impa's nod and smile before glancing to Kev to see what he might think of the answer regarding the link between the Sheikah and the Royal Family. She had first learned it when she was very young, but it still blew the disguised princess' mind that her family was in fact descended from the very goddess that once watched over the land of Hyrule. That was well after Din, Nayru, and Farore had created the world of course, but no matter where that had happened in the past… it was still just as fascinating to her.

Once the topic of her true self came up, Sheik smiled a bit right before shifting her gaze forward, looking to scan the horizon whilst Impa answered Kev's questions. There weren't any signs of suspicious boulders or monsters yet, but she was determined to help her guardian keep a sharp lookout.

"It does," noted Sheik, smiling at Kev's agreement. "I think that those events were good proof of our resolve… and that our home will be safe from danger no matter what happens."

----

HP: (466/480)
    Sheikah Tunic: (43/50)
    AP: (76/86)

Current date/time is Tue Aug 22, 2017 10:41 am