Health Bar:
    430/430  (430/430)
    Stamina Bar:
    76/76  (76/76)

Return from the End

Post by Vaati on Wed Sep 12, 2012 12:46 pm

Date: 7 April 2012
    Time: 11:04am

It had certainly been a very interesting week... the world had been stripped of all its information, pulled into the deepest depths, met by the god of gods of this world, caught in the balance between destruction and order, and summarily reformatted. It was refreshed, reborn, and frankly a better set version of its true, previous self. Around that, Vaati had sought to keep his own abode as safe as he could once it had been infected, although safe was a relative term... it had really meant not letting the infection spread to the rest of the world. He might have mainly cared about his own palace, but this was the world he was in now, and he wasn't exactly going to let it get destroyed by something not of his own doing. Somehow, his own efforts had paid off, and now was the time that he could finally freely explore his own home again.

Vaati was back.

He took a deep breath as he strode out onto one of the precarious balconies, his watchful gaze looking over the horizon of the newly restored city. This was certainly a sight better than what he had seen mere days ago. Vaati smirked a bit to himself as he stepped toward the gust of wind, its gentle breeze sweeping across his hair as he walked back over the balcony... yes... this was much more like it.
    Xiao Xiao
    Petabyte

Petabyte

Level : 51

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    560/560  (560/560)
    Stamina Bar:
    102/102  (102/102)

Re: Return from the End

Post by Xiao Xiao on Sat Sep 15, 2012 9:26 pm

Xiao was refreshed into the forest and though she would had loved to fly immediately back to the palace and squee over Vaati's reappearence and safety, she instead spent the first half a day bawling her eyes out in various parts of the forest. Be it the forest floor, a tree, another tree, by a pond, a bush, another tree or the forest floor again. She cried and cried and cried. Why? Because she was alive! And the world wasn't destroyed! She went around patting things in the forest, making sure they were in fact very solid and there. She sniffed them, hugged them and even attempted to bite and lick them. Very real. Very, very real...and another sobbing fest.

Alive! The world didn't end! she was alive! She cried herself to exhaustion and next morning, she flew to the palace, positively shrieking in the air when she found out it was accessible and not smothered in green code. It's there! It's there! Her lovely palace! It's there! Her pretty palace! IT'S THERE!

Even though she took flight early in the morning, the squirrel didn't actually set foot in onto the palace until past eleven. Why? Well the flight took some time, then the subsequent crying over the palace's THERE-ness took a bit more time as she circled the cloud barrier of the palace several times, crying fat teardrops out into the sky. Then there was even MORE crying INSIDE the cloud barrier as she tackled stray eyebats on patrol in the air, huggling them, smearing tears and snot on them and threatening to plummet to the death with them because the eyebats' wings were hardly large and strong enough to keep them both afloat.

Just as she tackled the twentieth eyebat, bawling and wailing like a child who had lost their mother in the shopping mall for over a day, the breeze blew by carring a scent.

A scent she was only VERY familiar with. Immediately, she dropped the eyebat she was cuddling, allowing it to flee for its life.

That scent! That smell! That combination of smells! It's... it's... it only belongs to the most awesomest and prettiest hair in the world!

Quickly pulling out her wind flute as she went tumbling down in the air back to land, she called forth a gust of wind, bringing her back up to the palace. It took two flights around the palace for her to spot the wind mage.

"LOOOOORRRRRDDDDD PRREEEEEETTTTTYYYYY HHHHAAAAAAAIIIIRRR!!!!" was the eardrum-shattering shriek as Vaati suddenly find his head and face cast in a shadow.

GLOMP!

[Coin: Hit, she landed and glomped his face. Miss....well, she missed.]

Last edited by Xiao Xiao on Sat Sep 15, 2012 9:37 pm; edited 2 times in total
    System
    Portal Master

Portal Master

Level : ??

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    100000/100000  (100000/100000)
    Health Bar:
    Stamina Bar:

Post by System on Sat Sep 15, 2012 9:26 pm

The member 'Xiao Xiao' has done the following action : Dice Rolls

'Coin Flip' :
    Vaati
    Gigabyte

Gigabyte

Level : 38

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    430/430  (430/430)
    Stamina Bar:
    76/76  (76/76)

Post by Vaati on Wed Oct 03, 2012 1:10 pm

As much as he always appreciated the view that his mighty palace afforded him, Vaati found that he was enjoying it all the more now that things had been restored to their proper state, or rather, completely refreshed. His palace was truly his again, free of that confounded infection... the Chasupas and other minions had resumed their patrols as normal, and that in addition to the ever prevalent wind was the biggest indication that there weren't even any lingering traces of that green code. Yes, with that in mind, today was going to be a good day...

Sighing slightly and allowing himself a subtle smirk, Vaati continued walking right towards the wind. The gentle breeze hit a couple of strong gusts every now and then, but it was all still very welcome... with as connected as his palace had him to the winds, he never realized just how much he had missed it until it had been taken away completely. The familiar sensations of it against his form, the sheer majesty that could be held in stronger winds, the way that it carried other clues to him... the sounds...

Speaking of sounds...

Vaati very suddenly jolted and gritted his teeth as he caught the full brunt of a loud, piercing shriek, one that he soon determined was headed right towards him. He shook his head quickly to try and regain his senses from the onslaught of unexpected decibels, and only once he caught his breath again was he able to focus on what that might have been. That voice... that enthusiasm... that could only belong to one person. Vaati turned to face the direction of the scream, only to quickly widen his eyes as he saw the swiftly approaching form of a particular squirrel demon before him.

Part of him wondered what had taken her so long to reappear since the palace had been restored, but another part of him was too focused on avoiding a high-speed glomp directly to the face. He didn't have much time if he was going to dodge this… especially with the way that he found his face suddenly cast in a shadow…

At the last possible second, Vaati casually stepped to the side, just barely managing to miss a squirrel to the face. A *whump!* to the floor of the balcony later, and the wind mage turned to Xiao, unable to suppress a slight "heh" at finally seeing her again.

"Hello Xiao Xiao... it is good to see you again," greeted Vaati, giving her a moment to collect herself from her missed tackle. Her antics could work on him at times, but after the past week, he was admittedly even more glad to see him than he normally would have been.

Last edited by Vaati on Wed Feb 26, 2014 12:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Xiao Xiao
    Petabyte

Petabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    560/560  (560/560)
    Stamina Bar:
    102/102  (102/102)

Post by Xiao Xiao on Wed Oct 03, 2012 7:17 pm

WHUMP!

That was the exact sound she made as she hit the floor, followed shorted by a high pitched, barely within audible range, "Nggggghhh...owie."

She rolled over, paws covering her snout, convinced it was bleeding even though it wasn't then

"heh"

Her eyes snapped open. Did he just....he just? Did he just chuckle at her? But Lord Pretty Hair never chuckles at her! Sure she hear words coming out of his mouth but the closest soundeffect she ever heard escape his lips was a sigh which was usually the first sign for her to get out of his hair - literally (though whether she does so or not usually depends on her mood). But now....a CHUCKLE.

Sje's done it! She moved up from annoying-squirrel-thing-you-sigh-to to squirrel-thin-you-chuckle-to. It may be just a very small heh but to Xiao. It was like you just DECLARED YOUR UNDYING LOVE FOR HER!

"I LOVE YOU TOO!" shrieked the squirrel, instantly falling apart into a blubbering mess of tears again. After all the crying she did the day before and this morning, you'd have thought she'd be all cried out by now but noooope, plenty more where that came from. The squirrel launched herself off the floor and tackled the wind mage's leg, clinging to like a koala would a treetrunk.

"You're alive. We're amife. Evvybohvvy if ahive. We're not dead. *hiccup* The eyebats are here. -iao -iao if fhewe-r. We're not mm-mfead. The world isn't gone. *sniiiiifffff* I'm alive. You're alive. Lord Pretty Hair is alive. My Lord Pretty Hair. My Mor Piffy Haive," she cried with coherency dropping every two lines and words only understandable when she had to unpeel her face from rubbing against Vaati's trouser leg to take much need deep breathes before going back to suffocating herself against his leg again.
    Vaati
    Gigabyte

Gigabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    430/430  (430/430)
    Stamina Bar:
    76/76  (76/76)

Post by Vaati on Fri Oct 05, 2012 1:43 pm

And just as quickly as he had managed a slightly amused "heh" at having got to see the squirrel demon again, Vaati was right back to a mostly neutral facial expression, complete with a mild hint of annoyance in his eyes. That nice respite was even more short lived than wind mage had predicted… oh well. At least things were really back to normal… whether that was truly good or not across all aspects though had yet to be seen, but for the time being, he was determined to focus on the nice fact that at least his palace had been restored to its true state.

No sooner had Xiao Xiao let out another shriek (although this one was thankfully nowhere near as painful as her first one had been) than Vaati found himself letting out a signature sigh… the squirrel demon might not have been in his hair this time, but she was quickly raising his annoyance scale. The instant she was gripped onto his leg like some marsupial, Vaati grimaced for a moment before sighing once more. "I never said anything about love."

Whether she heard him or not was tough to determine though, as in very short order she went from a nice balcony tile to a blubbering mess that was attached to his leg. Vaati was grateful that his trousers were at least thick enough to keep him from directly feeling any of the tears she was readily wiping away on him, but that did not mean that he was not already trying to figure out a way to pry her free.

Sighing once more, Vaati turned his gaze skyward before stating, "Of course I'm alive, Xiao. It would take a lot more than the world being destroyed to take out a powerful magician such as myself."
    Xiao Xiao
    Petabyte

Petabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    560/560  (560/560)
    Stamina Bar:
    102/102  (102/102)

Post by Xiao Xiao on Fri Oct 05, 2012 3:47 pm

Lord Pretty Hair wrote:"I never said anything about love."

Hear that? Nah, Xiao Xiao didn't hear that. She heard something though, She knew he was talking but if questioned on what exactly it was he said? Well, she'd be fidgetting and flailing as she fumbled for an answer before embarressingly admitting that she couldn't make out the words above her own crying and wailing.

Whilst she didn't hear the words, it did ring alarm bells in her head. Lord Pretty Hair is talking. Shut up and listen! Come On, unpeel yourself form his trouser now, Xiao. Nooooo, but she didn't want to let go. It's Lord Pretty hair! He's alive! He's not dead! AAAA! You're ruining his clothes with your tears! Oh no!

Of all reason to remove herself from his leg, it was the staining of fabric. With an apologetic whine, she pulled away, poofing a hankerchief into her paws and quickly tried to dab and the mage's trouser leg, taking away as much moisture as she could. She was still sniffly but at least she could properly hear her Lord Pretty Hair's next few words.

Lord Pretty Hair wrote:"Of course I'm alive, Xiao. It would take a lot more than the world being destroyed to take out a powerful magician such as myself."

"Really?" the squirrel asked in awe, paw and hankerchief stopped mid-dab so that she could look up at the mage with eyes and expression that could only be described as hero worship. "So many people died. Xiao Xiao did too, in the swamp. And even when we're dead we still had to fight. Then we came back alive and was launched right into a fight. We were up against a god."

She looked to the floor, hankerchief held tightly in her paws and the task of drying Vaati's clothes forgotten. "Sniff. I thought...I thought we'd be dead for sure and I couldn't see you. Everybody - sniff - were hugging each other. Were hugging friends and family and - hiccup - you weren't there. Pretty Garden wasn't there. I hugged Kaka but - sniff - I thought I wasn't going to see you again."

Xiao rubbed at her eyes, using the fur on the back of her hands to wip away the tears before she took a step forward and firmly wrapped her arms around Vaati's leg again. No crying, she told herself. No more ruining clothes. "I didn't know where you were. I didn't know if you were alive or not," she mumbled into the fabric. Paws on the other side, clumping the material in her paws so tightly that it'll need a very good iron to smooth out those wrinkles."Thank the skies and heavens you're alive. Thank you."
    Vaati
    Gigabyte

Gigabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    430/430  (430/430)
    Stamina Bar:
    76/76  (76/76)

Post by Vaati on Mon Oct 08, 2012 5:32 pm

Whether Xiao had heard his first statement or not was of little concern to Vaati… he had said it, and if it was ever brought up again, his thoughts on the matter would still be the same. The squirrel demon might have become something of an ally or somesuch to him (and fangirl or not, she was still one of the few that he would allow inside of his mighty palace), and whilst he was occasionally pleased for that, there was no room for love here. At her question of his statement, Vaati simply nodded. His words might have been a stretch, but even though this world still had him at something of a weaker state, he did not doubt his own abilities. He had withstood the infection of his palace after all, and as such, he had known that somehow, someway… things were going to work out.

At Xiao Xiao's mention that she had died, Vaati cocked an eyebrow. Now that was strange… "Did you now? You died in all that chaotic mess?"

The question was asked more out of curiosity than care, but the wind mage was a bit intrigued by this tale that was a bit outside the normal realm of tales from the Pool of Souls. Apparently plenty of the residents of the Breach had died in this recent unpleasantness, even more than he had thought had been lost…

"I was trapped here, Xiao. I was here the entire time… I might not have been able to break free from the palace, but I was here, and I was alive. You were not able to get in, but at the same time, I was unable to escape. But even through all of that… I was not about to let some reformat best me."
    Xiao Xiao
    Petabyte

Petabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    560/560  (560/560)
    Stamina Bar:
    102/102  (102/102)

Post by Xiao Xiao on Tue Oct 09, 2012 4:21 pm

She unhugged herself from the mage's leg and looked up at him before down to her feet, squirrely nails scratching her wrists in that awkwardly sheepish fashion.

"Yes, I did die. Though it was mostly voluntary..." she started, shoulders and head sinking and sagging lower down as she realised for the umpteenth time what a terribly stupid idea that was. "I was hungry and I was told if we die, we'll go to the Pool of Souls. It's a Pool of SOULS!" she waved her hands as if those words were reason enough.

"I was starving by then. I haven't ate in days because food taste disgusting and I couldn't stomach it. So the prospect of a Pool of Souls. I couldn't resist," she finished lamely. She really had to cut the habit of getting a completely one-tracked mind when it came to souls and/or the mention of them.

"Lots of people were down there already and more kept arriving too but it wasn't a pool of souls at all! There's hardly enough to fill a pool!"

Tale somewhat shared, Xiao stared up at Vaati, eye wide. Poor Lord Pretty Hair! Trapped here and not being able to go out! Like a caged little birdie! Poor Lord Pretty Hair! No fresh air and no fresh food!

"You must be dying for fresh food then! Is Pretty Garden here as well? Should I go on a grovery run?" Truth be told, she didn't even know where the food in the palace came from. They were always just there in the kitchen, ready to be chopped up and made into whatever fancy dishes there were to be made. Should she go on a grocery run?
    Vaati
    Gigabyte

Gigabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    430/430  (430/430)
    Stamina Bar:
    76/76  (76/76)

Post by Vaati on Sun Oct 14, 2012 1:10 pm

"Voluntary?" asked Vaati, raising an inquisitive brow as he glanced down to the flying squirrel. That was just... beyond bizarre to him. The wind mage was certainly one to do everything on his own terms, and even if he met the chance of dying, he was not about to just do so lightly if at all. The fact that anyone would even just let themselves go like that was outright idiotic to him... and as wild as Xiao Xiao could be, he had honestly expected better of her. Never just let oneself die! "Why in the name of Hylia would you die voluntarily?"

At her answer, Vaati very nearly face faulted. She... she let herself die to experience the Pool of Souls? Hadn't she heard about what it was without having to go there to see it for herself? The wind mage had not been there yet himself, and if he could help it, he would NEVER wind up in that wretched place. It was good to know that even if he did meet an unfortunate end in this world that he would be able to come back even more easily than he might back in Hyrule, but that didn't mean he just wanted to be careless or anything. Vaati shook his head slightly as Xiao waved her hands with dramatic flair, right before sighing silently at her expanded reasoning. Xiao, you should have been stronger than that... what was the wind mage going to do with you?

"I see... well, do make sure to make up for it and eat now. And next time, don't let yourself be so weak," said Vaati rather firmly. Yes, it was blunt, but how else could he expect her to take care not to make such a mistake again? She might have annoyed him beyond belief, but that didn't mean he simply wished for her to dive into the Pool of Souls. "Furthermore... the word souls is the defining one for that realm. Not pool, so do keep that in mind."

Oh how he hated having to explain the obvious... it was barely any better than having to show Ezlo what for.

"Not dying, no. There is actually plenty in the kitchen... I made certain that it was set the instant that that blasted infection cleared up," explained Vaati. At her next questions, the wind mage simply shook his head before stating, "To your first question... if Garden is here, they have become silent. I have not seen them since before the reformat began to occur. ... ... ... Anyways, to your second question, that will not be necessary. I do plan on having lunch in the next hour though."
    Xiao Xiao
    Petabyte

Petabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    560/560  (560/560)
    Stamina Bar:
    102/102  (102/102)

Post by Xiao Xiao on Mon Oct 15, 2012 8:58 am

Lord Pretty Hair wrote:"I see... well, do make sure to make up for it and eat now. And next time, don't let yourself be so weak,"

She nodded...and nodded and nodded and nodded and nodded. Yes, Lord Pretty Hair. Xiao will listen and try her utmost to not be so weak. Well maybe for the next week or two. She does try though! It's not like she let his prettyful words drift in one ear and out the other. It just so happen that well...souls! How could she resist them? They're yummy and it's not often that she gets to eat them. Yes, it's an excuse but it's an excuse she'll latch firmly onto to explain her behaviour until she could either find a better reasoning or until she is met with a lesson tough enough that would teach her otherwise.

Her ears drooped at being informed Garden still wasn't around. Where could the beautiful collection of plants be? Certainly not hibernating since it's April. Oh this does worry the squirrel. Pretty Garden, where are you? Have you left? Were Lord Pretty Hair and Xiao Xiao not good enough friends with you to even get a 'goodbye' from you? Even though they both love you sooooooooo much? (Yes, in her mind, they were happy, happy family).

Lord Pretty Hair wrote:"I do plan on having lunch in the next hour though."

Oh! The squirrel blinked. Next hour? Actually....does Lord Pretty Hair know how to cook? She's never seen him in the kitchen preparing anything though that being said, Garden tends to monopolize the kitchen. But now that Garden wasn't around...how was Lord Pretty Hair getting his food made for him? Xiao certainly cannot imagine the wind mage with an apron and a skillet in his hands. Heaven forbid he accidentally singed his prettyful hair!

"You...cook?"
    Vaati
    Gigabyte

Gigabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    430/430  (430/430)
    Stamina Bar:
    76/76  (76/76)

Post by Vaati on Sat Oct 20, 2012 9:12 pm

Now what kind of question was that, Xiao? If Vaati, the great and powerful wind mage, could cast some of the more powerful spells from Hyrule, of course he could provide meals for himself.

"Hm. Of course I can cook…I just prefer to use magic to do it for me," explained Vaati, moving to quickly push some of his flowing hair behind his shoulder for dramatic effect. "It keeps me from having to spend too much time on such a task. I prefer to eat food… not waste time on making it when I can use magic to do so with much greater efficiency."

At least that was what the wind mage did when someone else wasn't set to make a meal for him. He wasn't helpless in the kitchen, but he did not want to spend more time in there than he deemed necessary. And right now, it seemed that he would have to do that… he knew that there were bound to be some disadvantages of Garden disappearing, but this was admittedly the most annoying one. Even powerful magicians had to eat, after all.
    Xiao Xiao
    Petabyte

Petabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    560/560  (560/560)
    Stamina Bar:
    102/102  (102/102)

Post by Xiao Xiao on Wed Oct 24, 2012 10:42 am

Dramatic effect and hair. That was a word combination that should never be placed together if you don't want the fanatic smothering love a this particular squirrel-jing. Vaati should had known better than that now but since he still did it, it must be that he secretly DO want the fanatic smothering love of Xiao Xiao or at least that's the reason that was going through her head. And she had plenty of this fanatic smothering love to give - in spades....actually lets make that in mountains.

With a wriggle of her butt and tail, she leapt up, clung to the wind mage's chest like a furry orange-brown starfish and nuzzled with high pitched squeals of joy. "You're so pretty, Lord Pretty Hair. I love you! Xiao Xiao love you sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo" - deep breath - "oooooo much."

Then she was off him again before he could reach up and forcibly unpeel him off the front of his clothes. She landed back on the ground, upright in human form, giant tail almost batting her precious Lord Pretty Hair in the face as she turned around, hopping from foot to foot excitedly.

"Don't you worry about food and cooking, Lord Pretty Hair. Xiao Xiao will cook! Xiao Xiao will make you all kinds of yummy Chinese dishes! Xiao Xiao will go through all the cookbooks and cook you everything you want!" she stopped bouncing, took a moment to look at Vaati with the definition of hero-worship sparkly eyes then enveloped him in another hug, this time in human form. "IloveyouIloveyouIloveyouIloveyouIloveyou!"

And just as quickly as she hugged him, she let him go again. "Food! I'll cook you food! Now, yes? Yes yes! No no, my lovely Lord Vaati cannot cook in the kitchen and get grease and oil in his lovely hair."

With that, she twirled on her feet and ran down the corridors with the force of a whirlwind. "Eeeeeeeee~ Lord Pretty Hair is going to eat my fooooooood~ Squeeeeeeeeeee~"
    Vaati
    Gigabyte

Gigabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    430/430  (430/430)
    Stamina Bar:
    76/76  (76/76)

Post by Vaati on Sat Nov 24, 2012 10:47 am

Vaati did of course know better, but if he were to be perfectly honest, then he could not be bothered to care. There was a very sharp difference between acting with discretion and completely hedging ones actions when in the company of a certain individual. He was not just some random magician after all. Oh no, he was Vaati the Wind Mage! He was great and powerful, and he was not about to shift back on some of his actions even in the presence of Xiao Xiao. If nothing else, he had pushed his hair back with force to prove that point, and that that single fact was far more important than any clingy demon. With as random as Xiao Xiao was, he did have the chance of her squirrel-brain forgetting that, but regardless… if he let it slide, then he increased his chances of that.

And at just managing to sidestep the jump of the squirrel demon, he found her clinging to his chest. "Xiao, get off of me! I told you, I never said a THING about love!"

Vaati was just about to use a wind spell to forcibly push her away, but just as soon as she had leapt onto him, she had hopped back and landed, now in her human form. With a quick dodge to the side and a "Pfff!", the wind mage managed to avoid getting brushed in the face with her giant tail, and as soon as he was at his true stature again, here she was bouncing and prattling on about cooking some food for him. Chinese food? Now just what in blazes was that? It sounded… interesting, and part of him realized that he wanted to try it, but far more of him knew that he couldn't voice that lest she go even crazier than she was acting right now. Instead he settled for just holding onto his usual serious expression and crossing his arms.

He very nearly raised an eyebrow at the hero-worship-filled eyes she goggled at him with, but he was once again caught in a hug from her. "Gah, XIAO! OFF!"

Thankfully for the wind mage though, this hug was also very short, and she soon bounded away to go play in the kitchen. Well, it did save him some time using magic there at least… and some new food would be nice to try, but…

Oh sweet Hylia what had he got himself into?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Feb 25, 2018 6:42 am