0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Home, Sweet Home

Post by Kev on Sun Sep 09, 2012 10:01 pm

Spoiler:
    [19:26:00 09/09/12] @ Kev : *is outside and ducking underneath a window, trying to sneak his way to the back to go to the upstairs area to grab the animals without being seen or going inside because FFFF HE'S BEEN A BIT OF A DOUCHE FOR THE PAST WEEK OR TWO*
    [19:31:26 09/09/12] @ Kev : *sneak sneak sneaking*
    [19:33:08 09/09/12] Fluttershy : *is feeding the animals*
    [19:34:44 09/09/12] @ Kev : *climbs to an upstairs window like a boss and peeks in* Oh hey Fluttershy *does headcount, animals are all alive yaay*
    [19:39:34 09/09/12] @ Kev : *is upstairs with the animals and Fluttershy*
    [19:39:39 09/09/12] Fluttershy : Hey Kev~ I'm glad to see that you're feeling better. <:
    [19:40:10 09/09/12] Fluttershy : I like your eyes~
    [19:41:12 09/09/12] @ Kev : Yeah...me too. Since things are normal I figured I'd come back for the animals, bring them home. *blinks, a little confused at first but then gets it* Oh right! Yeah, these are what my eyes are usually like. I'm glad you like them.
    [19:41:35 09/09/12] @ Kev : I like your hair.
    [19:47:29 09/09/12] Fluttershy : Would you like any help taking your animals home?
    [19:48:20 09/09/12] @ Kev : *nods* That'd be nice, thank you! Think you can do it without going downstairs in front of...other people?
    [19:55:33 09/09/12] Fluttershy : Well, I can fly, but I'm not sure if I'd be able to carry all of these animals out of here. The heaviest I've ever llifted was another pony.
    [19:56:12 09/09/12] @ Kev : Hmm...I don't wanna chance it. They might get hurt.
    [19:56:40 09/09/12] @ Kev : I have an idea!
    [19:56:53 09/09/12] @ Kev : Put them all on me and I'll try to walk out as subtly as possible.
    [19:57:07 09/09/12] @ Kev : They won't be able to see me and they'll get out of here, a win win
    :02:03 09/09/12] @ Kev : *already getting underneath Llama so he can carry him on his back*
    [20:03:47] Fluttershy : *holds Kevy's sheep pupoeh*
    [20:06:04] @ Kev : *becoming a huge pile of animals*
    [20:09:50] @ Kev : Alright, I think we have them all! Now follow my lead and act as casually as possible.
    [20:09:52] Fluttershy : I don't honk you should carry all of your animals on your back like that. You could hurt your back.
    [20:10:08] Fluttershy : Um... Okay.
    [20:10:16] @ Kev : I'll only carry them til I get out the front door!~
    [20:10:51] @ Kev : *and down the stairs goes Kev and animals, just casual as fuck*
    [20:12:43] @ Kev : *struggles a bit under the weight of the animals, MOSTLY LLAMA, THAT FATASS, but continues walking through the main room towards the door*
    [20:13:06] Fluttershy : *goes downstairs with Kev's puppeh*
    [20:13:30] Fluttershy : *Er...flies downstairs*
    [20:13:35] Ty Parsec : *sees Kev out of the corner of his eye and watches him go past with a quirked eyebrow*
    [20:13:45] @ Kev : *Good thing Nepeta's not here, but poor Metal. Got three dogs to be scared of~*
    [20:14:07] Ty Parsec : *would normally offer to help, but...not exactly in the best condition to offer it*
    [20:15:31] Fluttershy : *stays quiet, holding one of Kev's puppies,*
    [20:15:32] @ Kev : *Aaand out the front door! and as soon as he's out there he puts all the animals down and flops on the ground* Oh my back.
    [20:16:19] @ Kev : The good news is the carriage thing is still out here, so we don't have to carry them all the way back!~
    [20:16:21] Fluttershy : *flies over to him* See? I told you.
    [20:16:54] @ Kev : Yeah, you were right << but I'll take a little pain over shame and guilt anyday
    [20:16:58] Fluttershy : *places the puppeh in the carriage*
    [20:17:14] @ Kev : *starts piling them into it*
    [20:19:20] Fluttershy : *flies back into the room and comes back with another puppeh*
    [20:20:30] @ Kev : Thank you for your help Fluttershy!
    [20:20:43] @ Kev : And for taking care of them for me
    [20:21:41] Megamind : *Walks Out* "Cute, bro."
    [20:22:22] @ Kev : *stiffens up and glances behind him to where Megamind is* Uh...
    [20:22:36] Megamind : @Kev "Kind of hard to miss a pile of animals bro."
    [20:22:49] Fluttershy : Oh, you're welcome. It was nothing, really. c:
    [20:22:56] @ Kev : I'm not Kev, I'm a hallucination! Go back inside!
    [20:23:29] Fluttershy : *lets other puppeh inside the carriage*
    [20:24:33] Megamind : "Don't. I was worried about you."
    [20:25:38] @ Kev : *hitches Llama to the front of the carriage* I-I know but its fine. I'm fine. And I didn't mean any of that stuff I said and I'm sorry and I really have to go.
    [20:27:13] Megamind : "I wish you wouldn't leave, bro. I missed you...."
    [20:28:08] @ Kev : *focuses on Llama, doesn't face Megamind* I missed you too. I'll be back. Maybe. I just can't be here right now.
    [20:29:09] Fluttershy : *brings a sheep over to the carriage*
    [20:32:37] Megamind : *Goes an hugs bro* "Don't disappear, 5 is never around and we're the only ones left."
    [20:33:52] Fluttershy : *brings another sheep to the carriage*
    [20:35:01] @ Kev : *surprised hug, hangs his head but hugs back* I won't...I'm not disappearing. I promise. I just...
    [20:37:07] Megamind : "Go, heal, but know that I still am and always will be yiour brother."
    [20:39:21] @ Kev : *hugs him tightly then lets go and hops into the carriage* Good bye Megsy. Fluttershy, you gonna come to? I kinda owe you for helping me and stuff, maybe I can give you some tea.
    [20:40:05] Fluttershy : *gently helps the sheep in the carriage* I'd love to, Kev. c:
    [20:40:45] Megamind : "Bye bro. If you disappear to long I WILL come looking, understand?"
    [20:40:48] Fluttershy : *hops into carriage*
    [20:41:27] @ Kev : *nods* Tell 5 I said hi!
    [20:42:18] Megamind : "I will." *Goes back onto Sanctuary*
    [20:42:56] @ Kev : *and away they go*

Time: 9:30 P.M.
    Date: September 9, 2012

The ride to the cottage was a quiet one, which hopefully wouldn't make Fluttershy too uncomfortable. He had been so close...so close to getting all of the animals out of the Sanctuary without being spotted. Of course, Ty sure seemed to notice him but everyone else was caught up in their reunions. Megamind didn't let him go though. And of course it had to be Megamind, one of the people he had yelled at last month.

Other!Kev wrote:"stOP cALLinG mE BrO! I'm nOT YoUr bRO!
    I cAn fIgHt hIm oFF lIkE tHiS! I cAn fIgHt yOu oFf tOo if yOu dOn'T LeAvE!
    I dOn'T nEeD yOu, I dOn'T nEeD tHe hOspItAl!"

The things he said...the things he did. The things he wanted to do! It made his skin crawl. He didn't want to be around anyone that he'd done things to like that. When Megamind had shown up that altercation flashed through his mind yet again and he felt terrible. He knew he couldn't hide from them forever. Some of them, aka Bun-Bun, might come looking for him. As soon as he thought of Bun-Bun he gripped the reins a bit tighter and winced. He broke the bunny's trust and the bunny had attacked him savagely for it. Bun-Bun surely wouldn't forgive him. Would the others? How could he even apologize?

Simply saying 'sorry' wasn't right. He knew it wasn't. It was cheap and disgusting. His friends deserved more than that...but again, how could he possibly apologize? Let alone the right way...he sighed a bit and focused on the horizon, as they came over a grassy hill and for the first time in a little over a month, he saw the cottage. At finally seeing the familiar place they called home, the animals each expressed their happiness in their own ways. The sheep bleated, the cat purred, the dogs yipped and barked, tails wagging, and Llama stared blankly as he walked. And behind them Zeke the brainbot hovered, bowging excitedly. Kev pulled the carriage to a stop in front of the carriage, unhitching Llama immediately.

"The sheep, sheepdog, and llama usually roam the grasslands, there's a fence that keeps them from wandering too far, and the cat and other two dogs usually stay in the cottage." He grabbed one sheep at a time, setting them down in the grass and giving them a soft pat between the ears. He'd missed them. He tried to ignore how it felt like he was missing one and focused on the winged pony that had come with him.

"Do you want to come in or would you rather just stay outside?" You never knew after all, for all he knew, Fluttershy was used to standing and grazing out on plains instead of being in houses.
    Fluttershy
    Inactive Account

Inactive Account

Level : 5

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    100/100  (100/100)
    Stamina Bar:
    15/15  (15/15)

Re: Home, Sweet Home

Post by Fluttershy on Mon Sep 10, 2012 3:41 pm

The pony was sure enjoying her ride on the carriage because it was the first time she got to roam freely without worrying about that scary blue goop. She never knew how beautiful her new town could really be until all the goop cleared. Pinkie Pie was right. She could really get used to living here in Portal Breach after all.

She occupied herself by staring at the scenery outside the carriage. It reminded her so much of home! She tried not to think about Ponyville so much, even though she was a bit homesick. She was still optimistic about Twilight, Rainbow Dash, Applejack, and Rarity finding them both. In the meantime, she could always make herself some new friends. There were tons of nice people here in Portal Breach, including Kev. She looked back at him and noticed the way he was firmly grasping the reins and his eyes winced. Something must be bothering him, but she didn't know what or how to comfort him. She wasn't like Pinkie, with her ability to make other ponies laugh.

"I-" she stuttered a bit quietly. She pondered for a moment, wondering if she should talk about it, but then spoke up again. "Is there something wrong?" She looked at Llama and he seemed to be fine. She should know, too. Llama was her favorite.

She had put Biddy in the passenger seat next to her, petting the sheepdog. She kept quiet for the rest of the trip over until they reached the cottage, which amazed her. It was bigger than her cottage over in Ponyville. Actually, it was A LOT bigger than her cottage in Ponyville. WOW!
    She let go of Biddy and let him run free with the sheep as Kev talked. She helped one of the sheep out and gave it and Llama a pat good-bye. She was going to miss taking care of them.

"Do you want to come in or would you rather just stay outside?" he asked. The pony looked around. Fluttershy didn't like the dark, but being outside wasn't so bad.

"I don't mind going inside." she said politely. The pony was happy just to be invited. Even though she was a bit uncomfortable being around Kev, she still thought he was nice.
    Kev

Level : 60

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Kev on Mon Sep 10, 2012 4:37 pm

Fluttershy wrote:"I-Is there something wrong?"

Her voice was so soft and gentle he almost didn't hear her question. He wasn't really sure how to answer at first so he avoided her gaze, keeping his eyes on where they were going. And also on Llama's round ole booty. "I'm fine. Last month was just...really bad and I was thinking about something but its okay cause its over." He was quick to brush it all out of mind for now and instead focus on the animals.

He scooped up Oscar and Percy opening the door and urging both dogs inside, both barking as they went in and sniffed around, as if expecting things to have changed from how they were before. Which, granted, this place would have been a haven of phazon if not for the whole situation being fixed.

He came back at last for Shally, last animal in the carriage and cradled her a bit as he watched Fluttershy. It was odd, for a pony, she was really good with these animals, wasn't she? Maybe its because she was an animal herself. "You know...if you ever wanted to come back and play with the animals and stuff, you're welcome to. They seem to like you and all, so there shouldn't be a problem." She answered that she'd be fine with going inside and Kev nodded, leading the way and placing the cat on the floor as he opened the door for Fluttershy.

Inside, there was a small hallway that lead out into the living room and the kitchen. Kev made his way to the kitchen, getting some water and tea bags ready for the two of them. As he did, he looked back at her curiously. "So, we haven't really spoken all that much. I'm Kev, a Kryptonistanian, which is a type of alien, I lived on a planet that's different from Earth or...whatever your planet was called." Was there such a thing as the Pony Planet? "I'm not entirely sure of what you are, no offense! You look like a horse, but you also have wings like a bird."
    Fluttershy
    Inactive Account

Inactive Account

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    100/100  (100/100)
    Stamina Bar:
    15/15  (15/15)

Post by Fluttershy on Sun Sep 30, 2012 9:52 am

Fluttershy didn't want to remember last month, either. Coming to Portal Breach was such a terrifying experience at first! It was so scary trying to rush Angel and herself to safety, and she was one of the lucky ones. The poor pony tried to help Bonkers, but she couldn't do anything but watch her new friend as he got worse and worse. She sure hoped he was doing okay now. Kev seemed to be doing okay, but whether her friends were okay or not, the important thing was that it was over and she and no other pony would have to go through that ever again.

And oh Kev, just because she's a pony doesn't automatically mean she's great with animals. Working with animals was her talent. Within a day or two, she even managed to get Llama not to spit on her so yes, she was good at working with animals.

"You know...if you ever wanted to come back and play with the animals and stuff, you're welcome to. They seem to like you and all, so there shouldn't be a problem."

"Really?" she spoke up again. "Oh, that'd be great." She'd love to take care of Kev's animals again. She'll promise not to visit too much. Maybe just to say hello and see how they're doing. The wide open space and the nice cottage reminded her so much of her own. Maybe she could build a new cottage here in the Grasslands. Then maybe she and Kev could be neighbors! That's if... he doesn't mind.

She thanked him for holding the door for her and she trotted down the hallway and tried to make herself at home in the living room. Well, she tried. She was in a cottage, but it wasn't her cottage. It was so much bigger than hers and she couldn't find a single birdhouse around. She did find plants though.

"So, we haven't really spoken all that much."

Fluttershy quietly shook her head. It's true. They haven't really talked much last month. As a matter of fact she barely saw him around. It was because this poor pon- person was sick and no one who was well besides her could take care of his animals without getting them sick, too! Though she never got to take care of this many sheep before. Birds, squirrels and cute little bunnies tend to live in her grasslands.

"I'm Kev, a Kryptonistanian, which is a type of alien, I lived on a planet that's different from Earth or...whatever your planet was called."

"What?" she asked. "A Kryp...to...nista..nian?" that sounded like it was a mouthful. She never heard of aliens before either. They sounded scary! Are aliens mean? Oh good thing this alien is a nice alien! Well, for the most part that is.

"I'm not entirely sure of what you are, no offense! You look like a horse, but you also have wings like a bird."

"Oh?" Fluttershy glanced at her wings. "That's because I'm a Pegasus. You see, in my homeland, Equestria, there are three types of ponies; Earth Ponies, Unicorns, and Pegasi. You could tell if a pony is a Pegasus because they have wings." She flapped her wings a bit to Kev, just so he could see them. "Unicorns have horns on their heads, and Earth Ponies... well... they're just normal ponies, like Pinkie Pie. Not taken, by the way." Oh goodness, she almost forgot about Pinkie Pie and Angel! She hoped Pinkie Pie wasn't lonely at the Inn. She did tell her that she was taking care of Kev's animals. If she was having a party tonight, then it probably wouldn't be so bad. Also, her bunny Angel always has Gummi for company. They probably won't mind too much, right?

Kev

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Kev on Sun Sep 30, 2012 9:37 pm

Oh good, she liked the idea of coming over! "I think it'd be great too!" A little company would be fun! And like he had said, the animals really liked her. She must have done an amazing job with them.

She thanked him for opening the door for her and he nodded back, walking in behind her. He got the water ready, filling the tea kettle and placing it on the oven, waiting for the water to start boiling. In the meantime, he placed the tea bags inside two cups. As he did though, he gave the cup a curious look. How was Fluttershy going to drink out of this? She didn't really have...fingers. Maybe she wouldn't mind drinking it from the floor.

"What? A Kryp...to...nista..nian?"

"Crypt-tawn-istan-ian." He corrected politely. "Its kinda hard to say on the first few tries, I know. You can just call me Kev though, since its my name and much easier!" He walked out of the kitchen and leaned against the wall between it and the living room so he could see her better. "A Pegasus?" He listened curiously as she explained. So all three types were considered ponies, but some had horns and some had neither? He watched her wings flap curiously.

"I've never met Pinkie Pie but I've heard of her! Do you two know each other?" He thought about what she said again, head tilting a bit. "I think I've heard about unicorns in the library. Their horns are magic, right? Is it fun to have wings?" He asked curiously. It must have been a lot of fun to have wings! To be able to just fly somewhere easily, she must be able to cover a lot of distances.

"Oh! And a few quick questions about your tea. Do you want any sugar or honey in it, or cream? And uh...you don't mind drinking it from the floor or maybe the table do you? I was preparing the cups and I realized you can't really...hold a cup."

Last edited by Kev on Tue Oct 02, 2012 12:50 am; edited 1 time in total
    Fluttershy
    Inactive Account

Inactive Account

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    100/100  (100/100)
    Stamina Bar:
    15/15  (15/15)

Post by Fluttershy on Mon Oct 01, 2012 11:28 am

"Okay." It sure was good thing at least Kev was easy to pronounce at least. She was pretty sure she pronounced it right, but she didn't mind Kev correcting her. It was actually very nice of him. It was her first time so she probably pronounced it wrong anyway.

"You have?" She was so happy to know that Kev had seen Pinkie Pie around. It made her feel a bit more comfortable talking with him like that, but every pony knew of Pinkie Pie over in Ponyville. Maybe Kev's heard of her parties? Everypony loves Pinkie Pie's parties! "I know her because we've been friends for years before we came here. Oh, if I could tell everypony that she and I were here, I would." she looked down at the floor. It was true. She was a bit homesick and it's been very rough adapting, getting thrown into this place in the middle of a crisis situation. Probably everyone feels like that when they come here. What ever happened in Equestria must've been much much worse.
    She lifted her head back and nodded back at Kev's first question.

"Is it fun to have wings?"

"Well..." she started out slowly. She didn't really want to crush his spirits or anything, but she didn't see herself as the right pony to ask about that. If Rainbpw Dash were here, she'd suggest that he'd talk to her about that. It's just that flying wasn't really her thing. "I... guess it is. I'm ...not a very good flyer..." she was a better flyer compared to when she was a filly, but she still never considered herself a great flyer like Rainbow Dash.
    "I don't mind what you put in it, and... maybe put the tea on the table? If that's okay with you." Fluttershy didn't need to use her hooves to drink her tea. She was okay with learning down and taking a small sip from it. Drinking from the floor was okay, too, but she really did prefer it's be on the table. It was easier for her that way.
    Kev

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Kev on Tue Oct 02, 2012 12:54 am

"I have! I think she left a bit of an impression on the others! Not everyday that we have a talking pony here, although then again with Bonkers and Xiao, we should be used to talking animals." And of course there was the fact that this was coming from a mouthless Reptilian alien. He didn't really have much room to talk, now did he?

"Oh, you two are friends?" That was nice! She must be so relieved to be here with her friend! But she continued, with her gaze to the floor, as the two of them probably had more friends in their universe. Family too. "I'm sorry. It gets better with time...besides! Maybe more of your friends will come here, right?" After all, Pinkie had been here for a while before Fluttershy here came! He sent the pony a reassuring look.

Her head perked back up as Kev gave her more questions to answer, the question on unicorns and their magic earning a nod. The question about having wings made her hesitate though, causing Kev to lean forward a bit, curious. Not a good flyer? "Oh? That's a shame...flying isn't all that important anyways." A pegasus that wasn't a good flier, but was good with animals. Clearly her calling lied outside the norm for her kind, and that was always somewhat admirable.

He nodded, making a note to himself to put a bit of sugar in her tea to sweeten it, but no cream. She might not have minded, but he'd rather not put her into a diabetic coma. "Alright! I'll place it on the table for you." Placing it on the floor would seem kinda...disrespectful. Sure, she was a pony, but she was a smart pony. She shouldn't be treated like a dog.

Meanwhile, in the kitchen, the water was boiling. So eventful. But the real point was that there was a noise that Fluttershy and Kev were soon able to hear from there. Kev winced and darted back into the kitchen, turning the stove off and grabbing an oven mitt, placing the kettle on an unused, cold burner. "Sorry about that!" At least the tea was almost ready now!
    Fluttershy
    Inactive Account

Inactive Account

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    100/100  (100/100)
    Stamina Bar:
    15/15  (15/15)

Post by Fluttershy on Sat Oct 13, 2012 12:39 pm

So Pinkie Pie had been the only pony here. Poor Pinkie! It must’ve been hard being the only pony here.

"Oh, you two are friends?"

“Yes, we are.” Fluttershy chirped. “We’ve been friends for years, actually!~” Kev didn’t know how relieving it was to see her! She was so sorry if she was being a bit repetitive, but still!

"I'm sorry. It gets better with time...besides! Maybe more of your friends will come here, right?" Kev said, giving her a reassuring look. She smiled back at him. She was so happy to have someone to relate to. Maybe lost all of his friends, too!

“Right and …maybe… when my old friends come here, they could meet all of your old friends when they come here, too!” She bet her friends would love to meet all of his friends! Also, she never really thought of herself to be admirable, really. She just really liked animals. She was a bit ashamed of not being able to fly as fast as the other pegasi, but after she helped them bring all the water up to Cloudsdale, she had gained a lot of confidence in her flying. She was just a bit modest about it is all.

"Alright! I'll place it on the table for you."

“Thank you,” she said, walking over to the table and sitting by it. As much as she loved dogs, she didn’t really want to be a dog. The high-pitched whistling of the tea kettle made her wince as well as she looked over to the kitchen and Kev ran in to turn the stove off.

"Sorry about that!"

“It’s okay,” she replied back to him, and calmly waited for the tea.
    Kev

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Kev on Sat Oct 13, 2012 10:36 pm

Ooh, friends for years?~ "Have you know each other since you were..." What was that term...the term for young horsies. "Fillies? Is that right?" His reassurance to her earned him a smile, which he attempted to reciprocate the best he could, with a soft warm look.

"I'd love to meet your other friends! And I'm sure my friends would get along fine with yours~!" If Fluttershy was a Pegasus and her friend Pinkie was a normal pony, he wondered what her other friends were like! Maybe there was even a unicorn or two! He nodded back to her as she sat over by the table. "You're welcome!" Thankfully, the tea's loud whistling did not startle the pony too much and she accepted his apology for it easily.

He grabbed up the kettle again, and poured the hot water into the tea cups, letting the hot water flow through the tea bags. He grabbed a spoon and stirred it around, so the tea would spread throughout. Once the water was nice and dark, he pressed the tea bag against the sides of the cup to squeeze as much out as he could, and scooping the bag into the garbage can. He repeated the same thing for the second cup, and grabbed a bag of sugar, stirring and dissolving it into the tea.

"Tea's done~!" He grabbed up both cups in each hand, walking back out to the living room with Fluttershy. He placed her cup in front of her on the table. "Its still a little hot, do you want some ice?" He still had his own cup in hand, not yet 'drinking' it, as it was far too warm for him.
    Fluttershy
    Inactive Account

Inactive Account

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    100/100  (100/100)
    Stamina Bar:
    15/15  (15/15)

Post by Fluttershy on Sun Oct 28, 2012 9:42 am

Fillies? It sure felt like it almost. “Yes, but we weren’t friends since we were fillies. We met later on.” As he gave her a warm look, she wondered for a moment if he was wearing a mask over his mouth. It felt weird though, because his voice wasn’t muffled at all. In fact, she could hear him quite well. Besides, if he had no mouth, it’d rude to ask if he did have a mouth, but how was he going to drink the tea if he didn’t have a mouth? Maybe she shouldn’t think about it.

Instead, she waited patiently for her tea to be served. She peered at the tea on the table. It smelled so nice and warm and it even had a bit of steam rising out of the cup. “Um…you could get me some ice… if you want.” She didn’t really want to bother him anymore. He looked so stressed from the ride earlier; she didn’t want to be a burden of a guest. She barely knew him and he was so nice to invite her. She just leaned down, put her mouth on the rim of the cup and took a small sip. It was a bit hot. Really really hot actually, but that’s okay! She could always wait for it the cool. She put her front hooves on the sides of the table gently and steadily blew on the tea. She looked back up at Kev, wondering again how he was going to drink that. Maybe she should ask. Asking wouldn’t hurt anypony, but how would she bring it up in a way that wouldn’t offend him? It must be so hard not having a mouth!

In the end, she decided to keep quiet about it again and when he was ready to drink his tea, she’d find out for herself. She put her hooves back on the ground and went back to calmly sipping on her tea.
    Kev

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Kev on Tue Oct 30, 2012 6:11 pm

Oh good, fillies was the right word! There was nothing more embarrassing then using the wrong word. He knew one word meant female baby horsies and the other meant male ones, he'd hate to accidentally call Fluttershy and her friend males. "Ah, later on, I see! That's fine, I met basically all of the friends I have now, later on in my life too! Although that's a given since I'm 53, and I don't think this place is older than...4, maybe 5 years old." How old was PB? Did it even have a technical age? Odd questions rumbling around in that green skull of his, he focused back on his guest.

"Alright!" The temperature was apparently cool enough that she managed to sip her tea, although she blew on it not long after. Must have been pretty hot after all! He placed his tea on the table and popped back into the kitchen, returning with a small cube of ice. He placed it in her tea and returned back to the kitchen for one more cube, putting it in his own cup and stirring it a bit.

"Sorry, I probably should have done that before serving it to you. I hope it wasn't too hot for you!" It almost made him wonder how sensitive a pony's mouth was for hot stuff. Hope her tongue didn't get burnt! He stirred the ice until it dissolved, sitting down on the ground in front of the table and pulling his cup closer. He pulled off his glove and casually placed his fingertips into his tea cup. Must have been odd for the pony to witness but with his odd alien anatomy, the pores between his scales soon absorbed some of the tea. He trilled softly as he registered the tea's taste. "Mmm~ this is a good batch!"
    Fluttershy
    Inactive Account

Inactive Account

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    100/100  (100/100)
    Stamina Bar:
    15/15  (15/15)

Post by Fluttershy on Mon Nov 12, 2012 6:34 am

Of course calling Fluttershy and her friends foals or colts would’ve been embarrassing, but the Pegasus would've been happy to correct him. Just like how he helped correct her pronunciation.

“Four… years?” Listening to Kev’s reply, it made her wonder how long he had actually been here for. She and Pinkie Pie didn’t even know this place existed until now or recently anyway. Maybe the big meanie who took Equestria took his planet first before coming to theirs? Thinking about it was so strange… and scary!

…Plop!

An ice cube splashed into her tea and she looked up at Kev before he went back into the kitchen and came back out stirring his cup of tea.

Kev wrote:"Sorry, I probably should have done that before serving it to you. I hope it wasn't too hot for you!"

“It’s okay. Y-you really didn’t have to do that for me and I really appreciate your offering.” She calmly took a sip out of her tea and surprisingly, that one ice cube made it juuust right. Her mouth wasn’t very sensitive. In fact, you could say it was about average compared to other people. She slid her tongue against the roof of her mouth and it was fine so no worries!

The pony was a little puzzled to see Kev take one his gloves off and suddenly dip that hand in the tea?

“Um… what are you…”

Oh no, he shouldn’t do that! What if he got burned? Or his fingers fell off? Or worse! He got burned AND his fingers fell -

And then some of the tea in his cup was slowly sucked away, right before her very eyes!

Kev wrote:"Mmm~ this is a good batch!"

She looked at him, not knowing what to say. Does this mean he really doesn’t have a mouth, and that he could only eat by dipping his fingers into liquid? It looked so …fascinating! How does he do that?
    Kev

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Kev on Mon Nov 19, 2012 10:15 pm

He nodded at Fluttershy brightly. "Yes, about 4 years I think, somewhere around there! I myself have been here for 3 years, come April!" He couldn't be too sure, he was mainly going off of how long some of the older citizens such as Zurg had been here, although Kev was a bit of an older member himself! That first year had breezed by quickly, as did the last one and this upcoming one, although they didn't feel quite like that first year had.

Fluttershy wrote:“It’s okay. Y-you really didn’t have to do that for me and I really appreciate your offering.”

The ice had been placed into Fluttershy's cup to cool her tea down and she had thanked him before taking another sip, an easier one this time since the tea had been cooled. "You're welcome! What kind of host would I be if I served you something that burnt your tongue?" Leslie had been something of a model for how hosts are supposed to act, and she was always courteous about what she served.

Fluttershy wrote:“Um… what are you…”

He tilted his head curiously, hand in his cup and soaking up his tea? "Hm?" And then suddenly she went from confused to shocked, eyes wide and staring. He stared back, blinking, before realizing just WHAT had caused this reaction from her. "Oh! Sorry! I forget that not everyone knows how my body works." He set his tea aside for the moment and looked at her. Alright, where to start?

"First thing's first, yes I have no mouth." He lifted his ungloved hand to rub at the area where most creatures had a mouth and yet he did not. No lips, no opening, just skin, and beneath that, bone. "I talk with telepathy! Which is an ability or power that allows me to send some of my thoughts to your own mind or others, so they know what I'm 'saying'! I can technically do more with this power, but I don't because we were taught not to."

He stretched his ungloved hand out for her to see. "I eat by absorbing sunlight, but I can drink liquids by absorbing them through my scales! Its usually only liquids though. Although some foods like soup I can absorb too!"
    Fluttershy
    Inactive Account

Inactive Account

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    100/100  (100/100)
    Stamina Bar:
    15/15  (15/15)

Post by Fluttershy on Thu Dec 13, 2012 7:56 pm

Kev wrote: "Yes, about 4 years I think, somewhere around there! I myself have been here for 3 years, come April!"

Three years? Three years is a long time away from home or... what was home. This was her new home now, and she had to make the best of it. "Well... since you've been here for quite awhile now, I hope you wouldn't mind answering some questions. Are there any places here with lots of woodland critters? Some place like here, but with birds and squirrels and cute bunnies..." She'd like to have a residence anywhere outside of the crowded city. Especially if it had bunnies!

Kev wrote:"First thing's first, yes I have no mouth. "I talk with telepathy! Which is an ability or power that allows me to send some of my thoughts to your own mind or others, so they know what I'm 'saying'! I can technically do more with this power, but I don't because we were taught not to."

“You have …no mouth?” So he’s not wearing a mask? It wasn’t that big of a surprise but it all felt so strange. She never met anypony or critter with no mouth before. She continued to stare at him, even tilting her head a bit. “If you don’t have mouth, does that mean you eat like that? Doesn’t that hurt? I mean, if it’s too warm, I could blow on it for you if you want.” If having a burned mouth is bad, imagine having burned HOOVES! That must be terrible! She sat and listened to Kev as he continued on.

It felt strange and frightening the first time she'd heard Kev's voice. She thought she was going crazy like everypony who got infected if it weren't for him mentioning animals that needed taken care of. She may have heard of telepathy before. Twilight may have mentioned it once if she wasn't mistaken. "Really? What else could you do?" If he couldn't tell her, then that's okay. It wouldn't matter anyway since he doesn't use them, and she wouldn't have much use for it. She was only a pegasus, afterall. Pegasi could only fly, not create magic.
    Kev

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Kev on Mon Dec 31, 2012 4:47 am

Fluttershy wrote:"Well... since you've been here for quite awhile now, I hope you wouldn't mind answering some questions. Are there any places here with lots of woodland critters? Some place like here, but with birds and squirrels and cute bunnies..."

"I wouldn't mind at all. In fact, I'd be happy to! I love answering questions." This pony really liked animals! Of course, they seemed to have that in common. "Oh sure! Hmm...there's these grasslands, and I've seen some pretty bunnies in the forest before! And some squirrelies...the forest is your best bet on woodland critters, I think. Its not to far away from here either!" When was the last time he'd gone to the forest just to frolic with animals? Oh, it'd been a while.

Fluttershy wrote:“You have …no mouth? If you don’t have mouth, does that mean you eat like that? Doesn’t that hurt? I mean, if it’s too warm, I could blow on it for you if you want.”

Fluttershy got credit for not freaking out! It surprised him a bit, but he liked it. He nodded, to answer her. "Yes. At keast, this is how I drink. I eat by absorbing sunlight, like plants do. Oh, it doesn't hurt, I put ice in my tea too! Although when its too warm or too cold it doesn't feel good on my skin. I'm cold blooded too so my body's very sensitive to temperature. But thank you for the offer!" Once he realized his cup was running low on tea, he set it on the table and dried his hand off on his pants.

Fluttershy wrote:"Really? What else could you do?"

"Well..." He hoped what he'd say wouldn't scare her off. Nice as she was, she seemed a bit fearful too, rather like himself honestly. He leaned on the table a bit. "I actually have some mind control powers. I can insert an idea or thought into someone's head and make them think or do it. My people taught me not to do this without permission though, so I don't...usually do it, unless there's a dangerous situation going on and I need to. It doesn't always work either. And there's room for...someone to exploit how I word things." He winced, as he remembered one such time.

"For example, two years ago, we were fighting this evil version of Portal X! And he was manifesting as these things that were there yet really weren't, but they could still hurt others. One of them, I made him stab himself. But he grabbed me and placed me on his back so that when he stabbed himself, he stabbed me too. I ended up getting healed during that fight, so I didn't die, but it was really painful. It made me a bit uneasy about using my powers for a while too although I've gotten over that now." Well, mostly.

Current date/time is Fri Oct 20, 2017 7:39 pm