Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    250/250  (250/250)
    Stamina Bar:
    40/40  (40/40)

Re: Moving Swiftly Along.

Post by Anansia T'Ori on Sun Aug 26, 2012 5:39 pm

"Mmm. We had nothing quite so..." Thuggish is the word she would choose, though hardly say. "...messy. From what I understand, the current development of AIs in my universe were largely self evolving programs, ones that were built with the ability to learn and alter their own programming. The more effective and controllable ones seemed to be the shackled AI, ones that were placed under certain restrictions to keep them from making undesirable alterations."

It was quite fascinating to her, to be honest. A shackled AI would be extremely useful, in Anansia's opinion. Unfortunately, the likelihood of getting her hands on one now seemed slim.

Once outside, she did as suggested, frowning slightly as they appeared in a different location that she'd expected. But that made a certain amount of sense. Why would their only be one entrance, after all? Keying her comm, she hailed her ship and its pilot. There was a brief delay---he'd probably been reading one of his magazines---and then the young man's voice came in clearly over her comm. "Yeah, boss lady? You done already?"

"This will be an extended visit, Jeoffrey. If you could meet us at these coordinates? You and I will be staying with Ms. Levi."

"Planetside? You sure that's a good idea, Ms. T?"

"Yes."

He sounded decidedly uncertain. "Okay, whatever you say. Comin' ta meetcha now."
    Ayalah Levi
    Inactive Account

Inactive Account

Level : 31

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    40/40  (40/40)
    Health Bar:
    360/360  (360/360)
    Stamina Bar:
    62/62  (62/62)

Post by Ayalah Levi on Sun Aug 26, 2012 8:15 pm

"Even our smart AIs generally could not override any protocols, so they were safe to use, though, only started to malfunction after about seven years, give or take, I have been looking to make one here, but I lack the cloning equipment, or the materials to make the equipment needed, there's that, and there's finding someone to do the dying part, which is hard without a clone..."

once Anansia had finished her brief conversation, Ayalah sat on a convenient rock on the roadside, "No point in going far... let him come to us..."

She paused for a moment, looking up at the sky, "A bit of deja vu perhaps, I grew up being told that there are monsters out there, in the stars, that wanted only to crush us, and here it is happening all over again, except of course with an amazing level of incompetence on their side...". Nothing like a bit of something to pass the time, and to get to know the blue xeno she was with, "Ever happen to you? to stare at the stars, and only feel waiting doom?"
    Anansia T'Ori
    Megabyte

Megabyte

Level : 20

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    250/250  (250/250)
    Stamina Bar:
    40/40  (40/40)

Post by Anansia T'Ori on Sun Aug 26, 2012 11:59 pm

Anansia laughed softly, and folded her arms, tilting her gaze to the sky above as well. "My people have been among the stars for thousands of years. We've encountered countless other species, fought wars, brokered peace... but we were the oldest, the first to discover the Citadel, the seat of Council space." And, if what they said here was to be believed, all of it was gone, now. Mm.

"Even so? Yes. When I left my universe, our galaxy was under threat from an unknown force called the Reapers. A human called Shepard had discovered signs of their arrival, foiled their machinations and delayed their coming... Many people did not even believe that they were coming. The Council denied their existence. And yet, there were those of us who believed Shepard, who believed that the beings who had wiped out the Protheans, the ones who had built the Mass Relays and the Citadel itself, were coming to wipe us out, as well. I think, deep down, we all believed. We didn't want it to be, so most of us denied it. But, others looked for ways to prepare."

Anansia paused, and then continued, "And others looked for a way to escape."
    Ayalah Levi
    Inactive Account

Inactive Account

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    40/40  (40/40)
    Health Bar:
    360/360  (360/360)
    Stamina Bar:
    62/62  (62/62)

Post by Ayalah Levi on Mon Aug 27, 2012 7:42 am

She nodded, "The only peace we ever got was through a common enemy, for any hope of survival, with covenant separatists, without them we would of surely lost, even after the war, we did not trust eachother much, I do not blame them, or us, after thirty years of being hunted, it's hard to trust the hunter... but I did not know what it was like before the war..."

"I just hope that the war doesn't find it's way here, if a pre-schism or brute ship, even of corvette size were to end up here, the result would not be pretty, I can tell you that much, the brute can put up one hell of a fight, Unless you have some serious protection taking them on up close is a death-wish... Was quite enjoyable to hop on the door gun of a Falcon or even the turret of a hog, and mince the bastards at range..."

She looked back at the sky once more, "Still though, It will be nice to get back at some of those damned bugs, or whatever the hell they are..."
    Anansia T'Ori
    Megabyte

Megabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    250/250  (250/250)
    Stamina Bar:
    40/40  (40/40)

Post by Anansia T'Ori on Mon Aug 27, 2012 5:36 pm

As she listened, the asari had activated her omnitool, and began quietly making some adjustments on... something or other. The interface was difficult to follow, if you were not accustomed to the tools. Nodding slightly to Ayalah, she indicated that she had still been paying attention, saying herself, "I imagine, if one of their ships did find a way here, the denizens of this place would deal with them just as much as they are dealing with the current threat. They may be disorganized, its true, but they are nonetheless effective." Though, personally, Anansia wouldn't mind a little war or two. This Phazon business was bad for business, with the infectious nature of the threat and its tendency to kill or mutate those infected. Plague was not good for business, but war...? War meant revenge. War meant arms sales. War meant treaties to be brokered. There was plenty for a savvy businesswoman to do, with a war.

She was not about to say as much to Ayalah, however.

"Your brutes sound something like our krogan. Nasty fighters, difficult to kill. It would be interesting to see how they stood up against Portal Breach's finest. It would, no doubt, depend on whether or not they could bide their time long enough to regain their strength."

Faintly, though growing louder quite quickly, the sound of engines began to fill the air. Shortly after that, Anansia's ship appeared in the sky, and put down on a clear patch of ground. The asari didn't look up, still tapping away at the interface of her omni tool. It wasn't until the engines cut, and the exit ramp had extended, the lanky young man edging down it, that she looked up. Gesturing to him to join her, she activated the program she'd been working on, accessing the ship's autopilot VI and inputting the program.

Once Jeoffrey was safely clear, the ship's engines started up again, and the whole vessel lifted into the sky, heading out of the atmosphere. "It will put itself into orbit, and then cut all systems and power down. Not quite cloaking technology, but at least it will be more difficult to locate that way. It should suffice for a few days."
    Ayalah Levi
    Inactive Account

Inactive Account

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    40/40  (40/40)
    Health Bar:
    360/360  (360/360)
    Stamina Bar:
    62/62  (62/62)

Post by Ayalah Levi on Mon Aug 27, 2012 9:20 pm

To ayalah, War meant brutality, tragedy, loss, pain, the only profit to be made from war was survival, but ayalah was a soldier, an assassin, a spy, not a business woman.. and her experience of war was quite lifechanging too, getting s close to extinction that you can feel it does not reflect no you healthily. But on the other hand, a nice good fight did get the blood pumping, which was enjoyable...

She watched as they work, Nodding at Jeoffrey as eh clambered out, "Welome the the calmest looking hell you'll ever see..." She walked over to the Spae banshee that had been attached to the ship, and reached inside, placing one of the data chips in it and closing the ship again, pressing a button on her wrist-console, the crafted cirled about, gathered speed and took off the caves, "Good, my accomdation, isn't much, but it's ertainly safe and removed, plenty of time to prepare".

With that said, she started to walk slowly in another direction, waiting for the duo to follow suit
    Anansia T'Ori
    Megabyte

Megabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    250/250  (250/250)
    Stamina Bar:
    40/40  (40/40)

Post by Anansia T'Ori on Tue Aug 28, 2012 10:43 pm

Jeoffrey was, really, not much to look at. Bony knees and elbows, a skinny face that might make it to homely if it put in an effort, big ears that sort of stuck out to either side of his head. He looked like the kind of man who would be easily intimidated, and, once, this had been the case. Then he'd met Anansia and discovered his backbone.

Ayalah Levi still managed to intimidate him. Maybe it was just something about big, scary ladies who could break him in half with one hand. (Or in Ms. T's case, her brain). "Uh... Yeah. Thanks." Falling into step beside Anansia, as they followed Ayalah down the coast, he muttered to his boss, "Felt pretty safe in space, Ms. T."

She looped her arm through his, and gave it a reassuring pat. "Not if any of the pirates noticed what we were up to. Ms. Levi's accomidations are quite comfortable. It will only be for a few days."

Current date/time is Wed Nov 22, 2017 7:41 am