Portal Breach: The Collision of Worlds :: v.4.0


    Moving Swiftly Along.

    Share
    avatar
    Ayalah Levi
    Inactive Account

    Inactive Account

    Posts : 169
    Join date : 2012-01-01
    Age : 38
    Location : Some would like to know.
    Level : 31

    Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    40/40  (40/40)
    Health Bar:
    360/360  (360/360)
    Stamina Bar:
    62/62  (62/62)

    Moving Swiftly Along.

    Post by Ayalah Levi on Sat Aug 25, 2012 3:39 pm

    18th August 2012
    1400hrs



    As was said many times before, the battle may have been over, but the war was far from won... she knew the feeling of that phrase well, too well. and with the utter lack of cooperation from the other citizens, she had retreated to her little safe-haven underground... sitting against the warthog's wheel, she sighed and clenched her arm, such a fall was guaranteed to be painful, now that she had stopped and allowed her mind to think about it, it made her body ache, but she'd get over it, she took a deep breath and pulled the helmet off... taking her time to come back to her senses...

    a few minutes later she finally got back up onto her two feet and walked over to the table she had, activiating the large holographic display, and changed her link to anansia's ship from passive to active, sending out a buzz to her, " Ayalah to Anansia, What is your status, did you find anything useful? Listen, if you did, I am forwarding you some coordinates, Go there, you'll be given a passage to where I am, but act quickly, we need to be ready before they attempt trying again... do not provide any information over this line". she kept her ear-piece on, and limped away to get a drink to keep her going, it wasn't a normal drink, very specific stuff, but we'll get into the details of that later...

    She sat back down at the table and dropped her three weapons on the table... waiting, she was hoping to hear any good news, Anansia would find that the coordinates would point her to a small little opening off the side of one of the coastal roads... once she was there on foot, there would appear a Green teleporter that activiated as she walked up to it. close, as soon as she passed through it, and would teleport her to behind a waterfall in the rather expansive underground cabin....
    avatar
    Anansia T'Ori
    Megabyte

    Megabyte

    Posts : 92
    Join date : 2012-07-05
    Level : 20

    Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    250/250  (250/250)
    Stamina Bar:
    40/40  (40/40)

    Re: Moving Swiftly Along.

    Post by Anansia T'Ori on Sat Aug 25, 2012 4:14 pm

    Well, well. That was promising. As advised, Anansia did not divulge any information over the channel---did not divulge anything at all, besides a brief, "Acknowledged." She brought the coordinates up on screen, then sent them to the ship's computer. It would mean landing on the planet, but perhaps it was time to get her feet wet. Infection was to be avoided, but if she were to get anything done, eventually she would end up working alongside the others. Unless she wished to withdraw from the conflict entirely, coming into contact with the Phazon substance seemed inevitable.

    She directed Jeoffrey to take them to the coordinates, and found a clear landing site a short distance away. Leaving her henchman on the ship, with instructions to keep the ship closed and locked until she returned, Anansia set foot on the planet for the first time since she'd seen Ridley's broadcast.

    With her, the asari brought the laptop that Ayalah had entrusted her with. Otherwise, she carried only the pistol strapped to her thigh, and her omni tool. Following the coordinates to their location, she did, indeed, find the teleporter. After a brief inspection of the strange field, she stepped through and was mildly impressed by the sight before her. Ms. Levi had good taste.

    Stepping carefully over the wet rock in her expensive shoes, Anansia cast her gaze around for any sign of her contact.
    avatar
    Ayalah Levi
    Inactive Account

    Inactive Account

    Posts : 169
    Join date : 2012-01-01
    Age : 38
    Location : Some would like to know.
    Level : 31

    Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    40/40  (40/40)
    Health Bar:
    360/360  (360/360)
    Stamina Bar:
    62/62  (62/62)

    Re: Moving Swiftly Along.

    Post by Ayalah Levi on Sat Aug 25, 2012 4:31 pm

    She hearing the famliar noise of that teleporter being used, she got up, and limped slowly over toward the waterfall, , holding onto her right arm, looking a bit rough as her black hair was let loose, at this stage half covering her face too... as for the armour? there were visible burn marks all over it, as well as a healthy staining of the blood of various alien species.

    "Welcome, sorry about the complexity,, but I'm sure you know as well as I the invaluablity of privacy... we won't be found in here, easily at least... come come". That was more than true, with the amount of jamming tech she had down here, anansia's omni-tool and whatnot would not be able to give her location... Ayalah treated security seriously...

    She limped back to the table, the area of her 'living' space glowing in a relaxing and calming light blue. "Coffee? Tea? we have much to discuss", she asked as she limped into one of the two 26th century shipping containers that served as her home, with a civilian wathog parked next to them...
    avatar
    Anansia T'Ori
    Megabyte

    Megabyte

    Posts : 92
    Join date : 2012-07-05
    Level : 20

    Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    250/250  (250/250)
    Stamina Bar:
    40/40  (40/40)

    Re: Moving Swiftly Along.

    Post by Anansia T'Ori on Sat Aug 25, 2012 4:54 pm

    "Earl Grey," Anansia replied, mildly, following Ms. Levi into her peculiar living quarters. There was a certain amount of saunter to the asari's step, and she took her time looking around as they walked. "I'm impressed with your thoroughness. I would be most interested in the schematics to that teleportation device... but, that's a discussion for another time."

    Taking a seat, Anansia settled the laptop on the nearest flat surface and folded her hands in her lap. "While the rest of you were taking down the invaders and their ship, I managed to access their computer systems. I didn't get much, but what little I have is, I believe, fairly significant. I have the location of the three other Pirate bases. One on this planet, one out in space, and one on a planet called Zebes."

    She paused, though she had further suggestions in mind, and looked to Ms. Levi to gauge her reaction to this news.
    avatar
    Ayalah Levi
    Inactive Account

    Inactive Account

    Posts : 169
    Join date : 2012-01-01
    Age : 38
    Location : Some would like to know.
    Level : 31

    Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    40/40  (40/40)
    Health Bar:
    360/360  (360/360)
    Stamina Bar:
    62/62  (62/62)

    Re: Moving Swiftly Along.

    Post by Ayalah Levi on Sat Aug 25, 2012 5:59 pm

    Walking out of one of the containers again, with two metallic mugs, she put one down on the green metal table and sat down, now it was quite obvious that she wasn't in the best of shape... she took a moment to shift the the hair from her face and take a sip from the mug, before putting it down...

    She turned to the table and a second later a holographic keyboard appeared, as she listened, she looked back, "This planet, another, and space... that's not good...". She ran a hand through her hair, "Seriously what I'd give for a line to NAVCOM right now..."

    Ayalah looked back at the holographic keyboard, and 'flicked' it over to anansia, "Right, I guess we'll have to make do, can you pinpoint the three locations? I don't know about you, but I for one think we'll need to be clear of our options, knowing how difficult it is to work with civies here... especially when most of them are gone mad..."...
    avatar
    Anansia T'Ori
    Megabyte

    Megabyte

    Posts : 92
    Join date : 2012-07-05
    Level : 20

    Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    250/250  (250/250)
    Stamina Bar:
    40/40  (40/40)

    Re: Moving Swiftly Along.

    Post by Anansia T'Ori on Sat Aug 25, 2012 6:15 pm

    "Mmm. Normally, I would agree. It would be preferable to take down all three bases with precision strikes. However, at the moment, I think the best we can hope for is to point the mob in the right direction and tell them to smash." Anansia accepted the mug of tea with a brief nod of thanks. Ayalah's condition had not gone unobserved. Feigning concern was not beneath the asari's methods, but presently she was uninterested in the extra exertion. Fussing over the warrior woman would not win her over to Ms. T'Ori's side. At least, in Anansia's estimation. No, if she wanted to get in Ayalah's good graces, she would need to get the job done, practically and efficiently.

    Taking a sip of tea, she continued. "Which is not to say that we shouldn't be prepared, regardless. I can, in fact, pin point the locations. There is a mine, in the mountains, that is their base on this planet. Another is their Mothership, still in space. The third is some place called Tourian." Which sounded so similar to turian that it had puzzled her for a moment, when she'd first looked over the file. "There was no indication of which location is Ridley's current headquarters. I would suggest we need to send a team to strike at each, simultaniously---after the first attack, we will lose the element of surprise."
    avatar
    Ayalah Levi
    Inactive Account

    Inactive Account

    Posts : 169
    Join date : 2012-01-01
    Age : 38
    Location : Some would like to know.
    Level : 31

    Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    40/40  (40/40)
    Health Bar:
    360/360  (360/360)
    Stamina Bar:
    62/62  (62/62)

    Re: Moving Swiftly Along.

    Post by Ayalah Levi on Sat Aug 25, 2012 6:47 pm

    "personally, I'd rather do two of the three first, broken morale is a great weapon...", she looked at the three at the moment, "Now, what I would do if I had a squad of Helljumpers, hell, even a squad of grass green marines, is focus on that ship, if it is a 'mothership', that mean's it's a powerful weapons platform, meaning we could easily just blast those mines, depending on the weapons we wouldn't even need to check the mine afterwards... and then focus all efforts on That Tourian place... sure we loose the element of surprise, but we'd have their best weapon at our disposal..."

    She sighed deeply, hobbling over the steaming mug and drinking some, as stated earlier, it wasn't coffee, or water, or tea of any kind... "But instead all we have is a bunch of damned misfits who don't know how to pull in the same direction, so such a delicate and proper strategy would never work, so, you are right, we will probably be best attacking all at once, but how to orchastrate an attack on a ship, mine and another planet with any coherency is going to be difficult, I would suggest sending the infected to the mine, keep the other two teams as clear as possible, I do think attempting to capture that ship will be the best option... what sort of firepower, I severely doubt your ship has the firepower it would take to directly crack the bridge of such a ship, not to mind it's shielding..."
    avatar
    Anansia T'Ori
    Megabyte

    Megabyte

    Posts : 92
    Join date : 2012-07-05
    Level : 20

    Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    250/250  (250/250)
    Stamina Bar:
    40/40  (40/40)

    Re: Moving Swiftly Along.

    Post by Anansia T'Ori on Sat Aug 25, 2012 7:09 pm

    Anansia shook her head. "My ship is a civilian vessel, its small arms are intended to ward off pirates and handle light skirmishes, not attack a warship. As useful as it would be to have the Pirate's Mothership under our command, I doubt it will be feasible with the resources at available."

    Absently, she ran a finger around the rim of her mug, musing the situation over. Without looking up, she continued, thoughtfully, "Mister Darkmatter's ship has considerably more firepower than mine, but still... without knowing the size of the Pirate's ship, I wouldn't be able to accurately predict our chances if we enlist his aid in attacking it."

    Drumming her fingers against the ceramic, she looked up again, eyeing Ayalah. "We will need some level of organization, at the least. Planning who will go on which mission without knowing who all we have at our disposal is likely useless. As much as I would like to think we have enough non-infected fighters, I doubt we have two teams worth. There is also the matter of authority... Thomas Steele has his organization, it would be intelligent to place the attack of one of the bases in his hands. I would also suggest requesting volunteers for these missions---simply assigning them a task, even if they were not already agitated, is unlikely to go over well. Finding someone that they will be willing to follow on each mission is critical."
    avatar
    Ayalah Levi
    Inactive Account

    Inactive Account

    Posts : 169
    Join date : 2012-01-01
    Age : 38
    Location : Some would like to know.
    Level : 31

    Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    40/40  (40/40)
    Health Bar:
    360/360  (360/360)
    Stamina Bar:
    62/62  (62/62)

    Re: Moving Swiftly Along.

    Post by Ayalah Levi on Sat Aug 25, 2012 8:49 pm

    "It would be as hard to destroy the hsip as it would be to hijack it , we have no idea what the ship's systems are like, and if it's as heavily armed as we suspect, Matter's ship would be just as vunerable, if that's the case, his ship would be better suited for attacking Tourin, would it not? we can use your ship to get up close, if your ship has cloaking technology, all the better, the best chance we have is boarding that ship..."

    butting the mug of blue liquid back down, she starred at the maps, "Yes, it might be best to have Thomas and his group attack the mines, most of them are infected anyway... you and I, and a select few others could take teh ship, we do not need many, but we do need killed, experienced people... For the two on ground loations, going in all guns blazing would work, given this place's BFI attitude to any threat, the whole pointing them at the enemy idea will work. The best chance we have with the ship is going in quietly, if we could try, well, hacking, some of it's functions, use the ship against them, namely through use of locking blast-doors..."
    avatar
    Anansia T'Ori
    Megabyte

    Megabyte

    Posts : 92
    Join date : 2012-07-05
    Level : 20

    Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    250/250  (250/250)
    Stamina Bar:
    40/40  (40/40)

    Re: Moving Swiftly Along.

    Post by Anansia T'Ori on Sun Aug 26, 2012 3:16 pm

    Anansia gave the blue liquid a brief, mildly curious glance, but strange, alien cuisine was common place where she came from. So many different cultures mixing and sharing recipes... "Actually, I have a feeling Mister Steele will be interested in going to Zebes. That's the other bit of information I was able to uncover. A woman Steele had asked me to locate is being held captive there: Ms. Terra Branford. Also, someone named Ty Parsec. I know little about them beyond that, but I believe Thomas will want to see to Ms. Branford's safety, at least, personally."

    "As for the rest... I think that sounds reasonable. I would like to have a better idea of who we have at our disposal, and what their abilities are before we begin determining teams. But if Steele and his team can take care of the base on Zebes, and you and I can put together an adequate force for the Mothership... I believe the Mines will be easier to deal with."
    She gave Ayalah a thoughtful, almost concerned look, and then added, "If you believe you are up to it, of course. You look rather the worse for wear."
    avatar
    Ayalah Levi
    Inactive Account

    Inactive Account

    Posts : 169
    Join date : 2012-01-01
    Age : 38
    Location : Some would like to know.
    Level : 31

    Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    40/40  (40/40)
    Health Bar:
    360/360  (360/360)
    Stamina Bar:
    62/62  (62/62)

    Re: Moving Swiftly Along.

    Post by Ayalah Levi on Sun Aug 26, 2012 3:41 pm

    Ayalah nodded, "Agreed, Lets say we'll let thomas loose on zebes, if she is there, Thomas will have more than enough drive to crush most resistance, if we can get a select few more going with us to the spaceship, people we can trust to work effectively, uninfected certainly..."

    "As for everyone else? we can let them loose at the mines, I'd say..." She had noticed the glance, as she finished the drink and put it down, "It's a specially formulated drink, provides all and any nutirents needed with no possible waste, minimuim waste is vital when using this armour for any considerable length of time... and I'll be fine, that fall took far more out of me than I realised, even with the armour, the impat is quite painful, to say the least... ".

    "If I knew he'd cooperate, I'd try enlisting the help of Rasa'Jeqkogoai, Good fighter, from same place as me, currently he'd rather see me dead, don't blame him... we'll have to go with those there with us, those cybertronians might do us well up therethey're not infected and seem mostly competant..."
    avatar
    Anansia T'Ori
    Megabyte

    Megabyte

    Posts : 92
    Join date : 2012-07-05
    Level : 20

    Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    250/250  (250/250)
    Stamina Bar:
    40/40  (40/40)

    Re: Moving Swiftly Along.

    Post by Anansia T'Ori on Sun Aug 26, 2012 4:03 pm

    "How useful," she murmured, eyeing the concoction. Personally, while it sounded quite efficient, Anansia thought she preferred a little indulgence when it came to food. But having some around for emergencies might not be bad. Or perhaps she could use it to keep underlings adequately fed, particularly those who might have trouble procuring enough food for themselves normally. Hmm. Something to consider. But, again, for another time.

    Back to the matter at hand. Ana tried to mull over the participants in the previous battle in her head. Several of them seemed unlikely to take any sort of orders from an authority figure in a rational manner. Others, however, had seemed promising. "It might be wise to include the Samus woman, she seemed fairly familiar with the Space Pirates and their tactics. As well, it sounds as though she was partially responsible for the weapons Thomas and his organization were using. We might want to bring her with us to the Mothership---any information she has on their defenses may be useful."

    She shrugged. "Regardless, we'll know soon enough who we have to assist us. Thomas has set a date for a general briefing on the twentieth, at his headquarters. 3 pm." With little to no audio during the battle and aftermath, Ana was unaware of any other plans that might have been made. Only what Mister Steele had told her.
    avatar
    Ayalah Levi
    Inactive Account

    Inactive Account

    Posts : 169
    Join date : 2012-01-01
    Age : 38
    Location : Some would like to know.
    Level : 31

    Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    40/40  (40/40)
    Health Bar:
    360/360  (360/360)
    Stamina Bar:
    62/62  (62/62)

    Re: Moving Swiftly Along.

    Post by Ayalah Levi on Sun Aug 26, 2012 4:38 pm

    "Yes, Aran would be valuable, I'd like to avoid knocking their front door down if at all possible, if you know what I mean... it's a death wish in most cases, even more-so in this case, either we go in quiet or we hit them hard, the latter I doubt we can do, if I could get to maintenance or the bridge, I might be able to get alot done, I have active camouflage and know well how to use it, but we can discuss that better once we have a strikeforce organized."

    She looked around a small bit, and back to anansia, "Good, it will give the various people time to recover... in the meantime, Might I suggest that you and your pilot stay under the radar, it is quite possible that they know that you have this information, it is safe in here, if I recall, your ship does have some form of artificial intelligence, you can set it on a looping route..."

    She got up and took a few steps, "if you want to accept my offer, come, we'll take a walk and tell your pilot...". Ayalah had learned of his name during her stay, but decided to not let her know that, let her do the introductions... "Whatever telecoms device you have won't work down here easily, it's easier to go outside..."
    avatar
    Anansia T'Ori
    Megabyte

    Megabyte

    Posts : 92
    Join date : 2012-07-05
    Level : 20

    Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    250/250  (250/250)
    Stamina Bar:
    40/40  (40/40)

    Re: Moving Swiftly Along.

    Post by Anansia T'Ori on Sun Aug 26, 2012 4:50 pm

    Oh, she was touched. What a thoughtful gesture. As well as an intelligent one. "Virtual intelligence," Anansia corrected, rising to her feet. "True AI were illegal in my universe. Which, of course, did not stop certain parties from creating them, but they were generally more trouble than they were worth. But, yes, that sounds like a wise idea. Though, I would rather attempt to find a place to conceal it, rather than leave it out somewhere..." After all, if she lost her ship, who knew how long it would be before she could procure another one.

    She followed Ayalah back towards the teleporter, and nodded, once, in agreement. "I appreciate the offer, however. I don't believe Ridley's forces were aware of my presence in their system, but we needn't take chances."
    avatar
    Ayalah Levi
    Inactive Account

    Inactive Account

    Posts : 169
    Join date : 2012-01-01
    Age : 38
    Location : Some would like to know.
    Level : 31

    Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    40/40  (40/40)
    Health Bar:
    360/360  (360/360)
    Stamina Bar:
    62/62  (62/62)

    Re: Moving Swiftly Along.

    Post by Ayalah Levi on Sun Aug 26, 2012 5:00 pm

    "Ah, so a Dumb AI as we call them, smart AIs are made from a brain, unfortunately the process is lethal, so Flash clones were generally used for the purpose, but they were still considered quite unethical, cloning entire people that is, not that I had anything against it. However, the smart AIs were drastically superior but Dumb AIs sufficed for most specific tasks, the programmed ones, like your VI then..."

    "without some heavy duty equipment akin to what the covenant used against us, there is not much I can do to hide that ship anywhere safely..." she walked with her thorugh the portal coming out in a different location to the one they went in, still on the coast at least, even with the corruption, thankfully there was space and enough untouched for a nice walk, "you can call him down now, as I am sure you are aware, the faster we work the better..."

      Current date/time is Sun Sep 24, 2017 2:35 am