Health Bar:
    620/620  (620/620)
    Stamina Bar:
    114/114  (114/114)

Preparation

Post by Bun-Bun on Fri Aug 24, 2012 7:31 pm

Spoiler:
    Earlier that day...

Kev: Hey, person! *runs up to random NPC* Wanna join my friends and I against Ridley? One of my friends has a cure, I bet he'd share with you if you join us!

NPC: A cure? Why hasn't he given this cure to anyone? I bet the ISOs and the hospital would need it.

Kev: Well...he's...he's not very charitable I guess?

NPC: Uh-huh. Either your friend is a jerk and hogging a cure, or that cure is fake. Either way he's a jerk.

Kev: He wouldn't lie to us like that, we're his friends!

NPC: *shrugs and walks away*

Kev:...

Time: 6:23 P.M.
    Date: August 14th

Bun-Bun was sitting on the dumpster in an alley, waiting impatiently. They should be meeting up in Bonkers’s apartment, but that place went through some wild PHAjama Party this morning. Now his apartment is covered in holes, anvils, and Phazon. The complex they were at wasn't like the Inn or the Hospital, where some smartguy decided to put a anti-phazon shield over the building. It used to be a nice quiet apartment that didn't look shabby at all. Well, that was before this whole hullabaloo with Phazon happened, anyway.

All he asked for those idiots to do was to go fetch some infected people. They should’ve at least have brought twenty people each while he was gone. So far, all he got was nobody.

This is just stupid, trusting two nincompoops to do a one-man job. Everyone adores these two. It shouldn’t be that hard to recruit at least ten simple-minded idiots who were infected.

He was now planning on leaving the alley all together and attempt to recruit some people himself after waiting so long for them. The Phazon on the walls nearby were starting to make their way to the dumpster and would occasionally shock him for a brief moment.

"Where are they?" he grumbled, after receiving a small shock at his side. "They better have brought me people." He really couldn't stand sitting in this Phazon covered alley on that dumpster much longer.

Suddenly he spotted a silhouette in the distance, just walking in, finally. He hopped off the dumpster and walked up to the ally he trusted who at the moment was just an unaccompanied figure. Let's hope that wasn't the case here.

“Well, did you recruit anyone?” He better have! He didn’t just wait here getting electrocuted by this crud for nothing. It was really the last thing he wanted to hear that he and Bonkers literally did not find a single person who would like his help, even with the offering of an antidote for them. Now with NPCs dying left and right from this, tell who would want to be stupid enough resist an offering like that, Kev?
    Kev

Level : 60

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Re: Preparation

Post by Kev on Fri Aug 24, 2012 8:34 pm

Kev walked to the Alley, head bowed lowly as he walked. His conversation with the random person on the street echoed in his mind, and it just wouldn't leave him alone.

Either your friend is a jerk and hogging a cure, or that cure is fake. Either way he's a jerk.

Hogging the cure was conceivable...it was a very Bun-Bun like thing to do. But...how did he make that cure? Where had he gone to make it? If he had something in his Inn room that could have done it, he couldn't have even gone there. Phazon infection and all that! But Bun-Bun wouldn't lie to him, lie to Bonkers. Right?

"No...no...we're friends..." They were, weren't they? By even offering them this cure, Bun-Bun showed that they were friends! Friends don't lie! But doubt kept creeping in and Kev laced his fingers together, still walking in an almost automatic way. Bun-Bun wouldn't lie about something like that, not something that important!

Bun-Bun wrote:"If you want the antidote, you’re going to have to work for it first. I mean, who knows if these mutations of yours could come into good use while they’re here?"

Unless he just wanted to use them for their new mutations...yes...that sounded like something Bun-Bun would do. But...but no...he was their friend...As if friendship ever stopped anyone from hurting or using me. The sudden, bitter thought made him pause for just a moment. Could that be true...?

Bun-Bun wrote:“Well, did you recruit anyone?”

He jumped at the sudden voice, not realizing he had wondered right to where he was supposed to go to meet the marshmallow bunny. "Oh! Hello Bun-Bun! Um, no. I wasn't able to recruit anyone. They didn't seem very interested...or they were already dead when I got there." He fumbled with his hands for a moment, talons clicking against each other before he looked at Bun-Bun, a little worried. "Bun-Bun? This cure is...real, right? Its really something you've made and it works?" He felt a little silly, asking him. After all, look at how uninfected Bun-Bun was. But then...why was he putting off giving them the cure? Why hadn't they seen him use it themselves?
    Bun-Bun
    Inactive Account

Inactive Account

Level : 57

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    620/620  (620/620)
    Stamina Bar:
    114/114  (114/114)

Post by Bun-Bun on Sat Aug 25, 2012 12:03 pm

He knew he was going to get questions like that from some people, but the simple answer would be that he's stingy. Everyone would want it, and if the hospital were to get their hands on the vial, the whole breach would be cured and this whole infection would be as easy to cure as the common cold. Now why would he want to do that?

Instead of yelling at him, he just let a smile grow on his face. Not a sinister grin, but more of a reassuring one. One that would probably assure Kev that everything would be fine. "Of course it works, Kev. Don't be ridiculous!" he replied back to him in a lighter tone, almost like his sudden doubts were like a silly joke. "You trust me, right Kev? Why would I want to lie to such a good friend like you?" He attempted to soothe his doubts. Not exactly make his questions look like they were silly, but to calm his suspicions down for a bit. He didn't know who Kev talked to, but whoever they were, they probably talk a lot of trash, themselves. Of course, Bun-Bun was still a bit ignorant of how Portal Breach works, even if he didn't want to admit it. He's never heard of the ISOs, but then again, he never got his hinny into any real trouble. Not since he sneaked into Jana's house a few weeks ago, of that even counts (which it probably does). A ton of people knew this place better than he did, including Kev.

Another benefit to having Kev around is that he doesn't ask that many questions. He wasn't the kind of person to use brute force or talk back to him either, which is always a good thing. Same kind of goes for Bonkers too. At least he's got enough of a noggin to get things done and that's really all that mattered to him. If these two were to change into entirely different people, then they'd be utterly useless to him. Imagine one defiant alien and an unresponsive bobcat. Now how could he possibly work with that?
    Kev

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Kev on Sat Aug 25, 2012 1:19 pm

Bun-Bun wrote:"Of course it works, Kev. Don't be ridiculous!"

Well, at least he wasn't angry...you'd think he'd be angry about Kev questioning him. But Kev wasn't about to try and make him angry, and he was instead glad that Bun-Bun was being so understanding. That was kinda ridiculous...wasn't it. Bun-Bun was fine, infection free. How could he be like that, unless he had a cure? And he managed to use it before he started mutating.

Bun-Bun wrote:"You trust me, right Kev? Why would I want to lie to such a good friend like you?"

He chuckled uneasily. "I...of course I trust you Bun-Bun. You're...my friend." And friends could be...trusted. "Sorry, I should have known better. And I'm sorry I haven't recruited anyone yet." He kind of lost his nerve to recruit anyone after that one guy had him convinced that Bun-Bun could be lying. "You think Bonkers will have better luck getting people to join us?" The little toon might have knocked some people out with his anvils after all.

Bonkers
    Inactive Account

Inactive Account

Level : 32

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    370/370  (370/370)
    Stamina Bar:
    64/64  (64/64)

Post by Bonkers on Sat Aug 25, 2012 1:58 pm

I need you two to gather up the remaining infected people left and bring them to me. If we all join together, we could all find and destroy Ridley, and clean up this city before this Phazon grows anymore.
    Bonkers hadn't really questioned that request, and as far as the comprehension of logic went for a toon this was making sense to the toon too. Bun-Bun told them of their new meeting place and Kev and him split up to cover more ground and for the first few minutes that had worked rather well too... until Bonkers found the first person to ask.
    “Hey! You! I need to ask you something!”
    The stranger turned around and gave him a skeptical look.
    “And what would that be?”

Bonkers stood ready and proud he had found someone, his mouth opened to say something and his index finger raised promisingly, but... no sound was spoken.
    “I forgot...”

What was he supposed to do again? He couldn't remember! And the harder he tried the more fuzzy his memory became.
    ...would he get into trouble for this?

“How many cups of sugar does it take to get to the moon?”

The rest of the day went by incredibly fast, and when dusk began to fall, the confused and aimless bobcat was heading for his home (having completely forgotten about its condition as well)... when he happened to pass an alley where people seemed to be talking in.
    His ears perked at the sound of only one person talking and... somewhere in the back of his mind this felt familiar.

“Helloooooo?” he called cautiously, “Anybody need some help?”

Oh look, weren't those Kev and Bun-Bun? A bright smile suddenly tugged on the bobcat's lips as he walked in on them with a greeting nod, “Hey guys, what have you been up to?”

...what do you mean, Bonkers?
    Shouldn't you know?
    Bun-Bun
    Inactive Account

Inactive Account

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    620/620  (620/620)
    Stamina Bar:
    114/114  (114/114)

Post by Bun-Bun on Sat Aug 25, 2012 2:58 pm

No need to apologize, Kev. You were already UNforgiven!

"I hope Bonkers found people, too. Then he could rub it in your fa-"

“Helloooooo? Anybody need some help?” Someone called out from the entrance of the alley.

Now where has he heard that from before...

But no matter how familiar the quote was, Bonkers had finally arrived and that's all that mattered. He was sure that Bonkers could've brought someone. Maybe enough people so he could rub them all in Kev's stupid face. Never once has this bobcat failed him. He was sure that nothing that could possibly go wro-

Bonkers wrote:“Hey guys, what have you been up to?”

And right there, the rabbit was about to slam his hand against his forehead in frustration. There was no worries about pissing him off now, Kev. He was already pissed.

"What do you mean, what have I been up to? WHERE ARE MY RECRUITS, BONKERS!?"

First Kev, and now him. Why did he think about using these two goofballs in the first place?

Bonkers
    Inactive Account

Inactive Account

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    370/370  (370/370)
    Stamina Bar:
    64/64  (64/64)

Post by Bonkers on Sat Aug 25, 2012 3:21 pm

"What do you mean, what have I been up to? WHERE ARE MY RECRUITS, BONKERS!?"

Recruits? What recru- ooooooh
    “Yeeees...” Bonkers answered the bunny as he sheepishly scratched the back of his head, “I got you some recruits. Amazing recruits. You'll-love-them-recruits. Best recruits you could possibly get.”
    Of course... that was a blatant lie. But hey, he was a toon – a toon actor too. And pretending is what actors do best!
    Sadly though... playing a role wasn't quite the same thing as to lie to a friend...
    “...What kind of recruits did you want again?”
    Kev

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Kev on Sat Aug 25, 2012 3:35 pm

Kev pulled back, eyes narrowed at what Bun-Bun was about to say. So Bonkers could rub it WHERE? He would have remarked on it, but that was when the one they were waiting for showed up!

Bonkers wrote:“Helloooooo? Anybody need some help?”

...Deja vu. He blinked at the Bobcat silently, who realized who they were and asked what they were doing. Did he...? "Did you hit your head again, Bonkers?" Kev wiggled his fingers, ready to poke any bumps back inside the toon's noggin, but a quick look over of his skull showed nothing. He winced at Bun-bun's yelling, watching the bobcat as he answered. He glanced behind Bonkers and saw...not a single recruit. Guess he didn't have any luck either.

Bonkers wrote:“...What kind of recruits did you want again?”

"Living ones would be a good start..." He kneeled by Bonkers' though and grabbed his head, inspecting it closer. "I'm not seeing any signs of a head injury, just...the usual." The usual Phazon hullabaloo. "We were supposed to be getting recruits. So we could fight against Riddles and get that...cure. Remember?" A gentle reminder was better than Bun-Bun using his pimp hand to reinstate those somehow lost memories!
    Bun-Bun
    Inactive Account

Inactive Account

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    620/620  (620/620)
    Stamina Bar:
    114/114  (114/114)

Post by Bun-Bun on Sat Aug 25, 2012 4:54 pm

At first, the rabbit was pleased to hear this. Fresh new recruits ready to do his biding and ready to fight on his side. Until...

Bonkers wrote:“...What kind of recruits did you want again?”

Lawd, please pray for the soul of this bobcat, and guide Bun-Bun's pimp hand and make it STRONG, Lawd!

The rabbit slammed his hand hard against his forehead. You are kidding, Bonkers. He had stated what exactly he wanted very clearly this morning. How could he have forgotten!?

Kev wrote:"Living ones would be a good start..."

He turned around at Captain Obvious, giving him a nice big smile.

"No Kev, I want you to recruit dead people!" the frustrated rabbit sighed and rubbed his forehead. "Must I do the thinking for EVERYONE, here?" Bun-Bun kept quiet as Kev repeated what he had said this morning. He knew damn well how much he HATED to repeat himself. Especially multiple times in a row for idiots who don't pay attention.

It was true. This rabbit was in fact, surrounded by idiots.

Bonkers
    Inactive Account

Inactive Account

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    370/370  (370/370)
    Stamina Bar:
    64/64  (64/64)

Post by Bonkers on Sat Aug 25, 2012 5:13 pm

Bonkers flinched guiltily when Bun-Bun facepalmed. He was SORRY!
    And then... he found that Kev had somehow snuck up to him.
    "Living ones would be a good start..."

The bobcat was just about to question that when the Alien had gotten on his knees and had grabbed his head.
    “...Kev?” the toon asked, not quite sure what was going on. But head ruffles did feel nice... he supposed he could get used to that, and closed his eyes, relishing it for the short while it lasted.

"I'm not seeing any signs of a head injury, just...the usual."
    Well yes, wouldn't you believe it, but Bonkers had managed to not drop any anvils while he had been out and about. Which was good or any potential recruits – if he had remembered – would have immediately been on the run.

"We were supposed to be getting recruits. So we could fight against Riddles and get that...cure. Remember?"

“Oooh... yeah...” the toon answered, though whether he had actually gotten the gist or just said it to stay out of trouble remained to be questioned. Bun-Bun on the other hand seemed to be seething by this point and Bonkers subtly flinched away from Kev.
    “You know, I... I still got something to do.” the toon sputtered helplessly, very slowly backing out of the ally, “I think I forgot to turn off the oven...”

Which was funny you see, because Bonkers had no oven.

...aren't you going to laugh?
    Kev

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Kev on Sat Aug 25, 2012 5:41 pm

Bun-Bun wrote:"No Kev, I want you to recruit dead people! Must I do the thinking for EVERYONE, here?"

Kev's eyes narrowed as he looked over at Bun-Bun, unamused. "I was being sarcastic, Bun-Bun. Thought you'd recognize it, you use it so often." Well Tulsit, THAT hurt. He turned away from the rabbit and focused on the toon. He had to do all the thinking? And where had his plans gotten them? Where did Understanding!Bun-Bun go? Kev liked that one...

Bonkers wrote:“You know, I... I still got something to do. I think I forgot to turn off the oven...”

Bonkers slunk away and Kev blinked, confused. "Isn't your oven in the bathroom? And also your apartment is kinda a wreck?" Maybe he just wanted to retreat from Bun-Bun before he got physical. "See ya later Bonkers. Be safe?" Bun-Bun had to 'do all the thinking', and with Bonkers pretty out of it, Kev had to do all the mothering, for lack of a better word. What was the use? It was a thankless job. He stood back up and crossed his arms, glancing at the bunny who saw himself as their leader. The trusted friend who seemed to act like he and Bonkers were annoyances.

"Well, we failed miserably. What's the plan now?" What WAS the plan, Boss?
    Bun-Bun
    Inactive Account

Inactive Account

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    620/620  (620/620)
    Stamina Bar:
    114/114  (114/114)

Post by Bun-Bun on Sun Aug 26, 2012 11:11 am

Bonkers wrote:“Oooh... yeah... I think I forgot to turn off the oven... You know, I... I still got something to do.”

The bobcat backed away in fear out of the ally, and all the marshmallow rabbit did was stand there and watch as the bobcat cowered in fear at him, which at this point in time was not very pleasing to him.

“GET BACK IN HERE, BONKERS! You're not going anywhere!"

If the bobcat knew what was good for him, he'd think twice before running from Bun-Bun.

"We need to talk.”

Now Bun-Bun didn't 'see' himself as the leader. He WAS the leader! If it weren't for him, Kev and Bonkers would just be chickens with their heads cut off. It's such a shame they don't make pumpkins the size of a chicken's head.

Kev wrote:"Well, we failed miserably. What's the plan now?"

The plan WAS to get them out of HIS plans.

"The plan is to call off getting the recruits!"

He didn't need these two. He could find recruits all on his own. Sure his own recruits have betrayed him in the past, but still! Of course, he didn't want to flat out tell them that they were useless idiots, because that would be wrong of him to do so, and they've been so useful to him in the past...sort of.

"Right now, we have an invasion to prepare for."

Well, that lie would keep them occupied for at least a few weeks, but saying that there's just going to be an invasion isn't good enough.

"Ye-Yeah, an invasion by Ridley and his goons! Everyone in Portal City is talking about it! Bonkers and I were at the Sanctuary today when we heard about it from um... The OVERLOSER! Laharl, is it? ...Isn't that right, Bonkers?"

Bonkers was always his favorite kind of putty to deal with compared to Kev. If Bonkers forgot about his orders this morning, of course he would've forgotten their little meeting with Laharl.

Bonkers
    Inactive Account

Inactive Account

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    370/370  (370/370)
    Stamina Bar:
    64/64  (64/64)

Post by Bonkers on Sun Aug 26, 2012 11:57 am

"Isn't your oven in the bathroom? And also your apartment is kinda a wreck?"
    “Yes, yes!” the toon agreed to that with panicked nods, “I need to make sure that they stay save – put them in a toon hole or something.”

"See ya later Bonkers. Be safe?"
    He nodded again; thankfully and turned around to scram when-
    “GET BACK IN HERE, BONKERS! You're not going anywhere!"
    Bonkers froze in mid-step, bit back a hiss of failure and slowly turned to look at Bun-Bun, his ears dangling guiltily.

"We need to talk.”
    Like a child that had just been scolded badly by a parent the toon dragged himself back, his posture humble as can be and the occasional anvils dropping again.

"Well, we failed miserably. What's the plan now?"
    "The plan is to call off getting the recruits!"
    Does this... Could this... Was it possible?
    “You are... not mad at us?”
    His posture eased up, if only slightly, yet the bobcat kept himself at a save distance.

"Right now, we have an invasion to prepare for."
    ...What?
    “You mean like... with Aliens and space-ships like in that movie we saw?” Dangit. See? They should have checked out that meteor, after all!

Ye-Yeah, an invasion by Ridley and his goons! Everyone in Portal City is talking about it!
    “They are?”
    Bonkers and I were at the Sanctuary today when we heard about it from um... The OVERLOSER! Laharl, is it?
    “We were?”
    ...Isn't that right, Bonkers?
    “...it ...is?”

Why... why didn't he remember this? Oh dear, oh my, oh oh...
    “I... I guess?” the bobcat agreed, scared to anger the bunny again. They'd just narrowly been forgiven their super failure and Bonkers really didn't want to disappoint their friend anymore than they already had. Better to just nod yes and amen, right?
    After all, Bun-Bun was still healthy, right? The toon trusted the bunny's memory way more than his own at this point in time...

Of course none of them knew that soon enough Bun-Bun's little prediction would have to succumb to a nice face-slap from Rule of IRONY.
    Kev

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Kev on Sun Aug 26, 2012 12:24 pm

Bonkers wrote:“Yes, yes! I need to make sure that they stay save – put them in a toon hole or something.”

Uh-huh...whatever you say Bonko. Kev wasn't gonna get in your way and keep you here. ...But Bun-Bun was. He yelled and called the bobcat back, who slinked and looked like a dog, ready to be kicked. Or a kid about to be sent to the corner. And look at that, a few more anvils. He stepped away to avoid them and sighed. Why did Bun-Bun have to be so mean to Bonkers? Poor guy was obviously dealing with that Phazon infection. After all, Toby was off in the sanctuary speaking to some metal thing named 'Bunsen'. This obviously wasn't kind to some people. But Kev was still sane! Right...?

Bun-Bun wrote:"The plan is to call off getting the recruits! Right now, we have an invasion to prepare for."

"An invasion?" Dammit Ridley. You send down your 'special juice' to kill everyone and then invade the place afterwards? Well, unluckily for you, some of them weren't dying...some of them were improving. His talons made a small 'click' as his arms dangled by his sides.

Bun-Bun wrote:"Ye-Yeah, an invasion by Ridley and his goons! Everyone in Portal City is talking about it! Bonkers and I were at the Sanctuary today when we heard about it from um... The OVERLOSER! Laharl, is it? ...Isn't that right, Bonkers?"
    Bonkers wrote:“They are? We were?...it ...is? I... I guess?”

Laharl? That sounded vaguely familiar. Someone...loud. He tilted his head, trying to remember. "Where'd he hear it from?" Seriously, it was like when these major events happen, people somehow knew things! HE was supposed to be the psychic one here! Bun-Bun's little story made sense. It was a very 'Ridley-bad-guy' thing to do, trying to take over the place. And Bonkers? Well, his memory was hazy lately. So him not remembering? That was excusable. Kev hadn't heard any talk from anyone, but then, he was wandering the city all day.

"Well, guess its time to beat some Ridley minion bruuka. Any idea where they're gonna strike first?" Might as well meet them there to attack right?
    Bun-Bun
    Inactive Account

Inactive Account

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    620/620  (620/620)
    Stamina Bar:
    114/114  (114/114)

Post by Bun-Bun on Sun Aug 26, 2012 1:30 pm

"Oh, you forgot about that too, didn't you Bonkers?" hard to believe he fell for it, but it seemed like everything began to fall into place so perfectly for him. His lies seemed to glide so smoothly across the two. That was until...

Kev wrote:"Where'd he hear it from?"

Good question. Bun-Bun searched around the alley for an answer to improvise with. Where would Laharl hear that from? Bun-Bun's eyes briefly shifted into Bonkers's direction. The dripping orange paint!

"He heard it from this orange..."

He stared at Bonkers for a moment and shouted out "FREAK! An orange freak told him! Bonkers, help me out! You heard the news better than I did."

If he needed help, he needed the help of Bonkers's fuzzy memory to play along with his lie. If he didn't remember, he wasn't going to be the one to get barked at by Kev, unlike him.

Kev wrote:"Well, guess its time to beat some Ridley minion bruuka. Any idea where they're gonna strike first?"

"I'm suggesting that he's going to attack the city, first. It's the only place I could think of where most of the remaining population reside. Ridley may be planning to exterminate the rest of us who have benefitted from the Phazon, but we don't want that, do we?"

Do we, Kev?

Current date/time is Sun Nov 19, 2017 9:13 am