Health Bar:
    560/560  (560/560)
    Stamina Bar:
    102/102  (102/102)

Nobody home?

Post by Xiao Xiao on Thu Aug 09, 2012 7:17 pm

Time: 4:00 PM
    Date: August 5th, 2012

She had told herself not to come back to the palace until she was cured of this phazon thing. Many many times, she had told herself and each time she wanted to come back, she only had to let the thought of possible infecting Lord Pretty Hair and Pretty garden flicker across her mind and Xiao would had flattened her ears, whined softly and sat her rump down solidly on the ground as if the action would stop her from attempting to fly up to the palace.

But she had to come back in the end. She had to know if the palace was affected by the phazon. After all, it was everywhere and she need to know if her precious palace was safe. If Lord Pretty Hair was safe. If Pretty Garden was safe. But then again, she hardly ever see either of them around the place anymore. Garden probably barricaded themselves in some unknown part of the palace to work on some secret project and Lord Pretty Hair must have sealed himself away to study some very important spells. At least that's what Xiao tells herself the collective was doing; the thought that they were no longer there never even crossed her mind or rather it tried to but she squashed it down so desperately that it hardly got a chance to so much as peek out before pretty bows and ribbons were flooding into the mind space it was previously occupying.

Soaring around the sky and coming through the magical cloud barrier with a small puff sound, the giant flying squirrel angled her wrists and feet, adjusting her membranes so that her flight path circled the palace once over before she landed in the front courtyard.

Everything looked fine outside so far. She could see no damage to the walls, no blue goo clinging maliciously to the stone and vines that made up the palace's exterior and no signs of explosion. That was a relief but a short lived one. What if the blue stuff really DID hit? The images of Vaati and Garden covered in it and lying prone in the main hall came to mind.

"Squee," she whined, adjusting her membranes again. Yes, it's entirely possible for the phazon to have splattered all over here but got magically cleaned up by either Garden or Vaati. Afterall, they were incredible when it came to science and magic, right? This would be an easy jo for them. Garden probably even have a cure ready for her! Nicely mixed with tea, sweetened with honey and in pretty teacups so as to disguise the taste of the cure.

"Lord Pretty Hair! Pretty Garden! I'm hooooome," called Xiao Xiao as she soared to the front courtyard. She concentrated very hard, pulsing all her magic to the air around her until she was pretty much in a visible opal coloured giant hamster ball made purely of magic. She was still infected and Garden will give her an earful if she left any hints of Phazon about. But with magic in between her and the ground, surely it'll be safe?

Squeaking at her own cleverness in producing the giant hamster squirrel ball, Xiao proceed to roll her way into the palace, mindful to avoid contact with all of Vaati's monsters. Darknuts, eyebats wizzrobes, wisps, she carelly avoided them all despite how much she was dying to glomp them. She realised how much she missed them until now.
    Xiao Xiao
    Petabyte

Petabyte

Level : 51

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    560/560  (560/560)
    Stamina Bar:
    102/102  (102/102)

Re: Nobody home?

Post by Xiao Xiao on Fri Aug 10, 2012 7:54 am

Tired beyond belief, Xiao Xiao let her giant magic hamster ball rolled to a halt before flopping over on her back in it. She had ran everywhere in the palace, searched high and low and even took time to chase and attempt interrogation with some of the eyebats (a feat that ended with little results because A) she can't touch them and B) their fluttering was much faster than her hamster balling) but Lord Pretty Hair and Garden were nowhere to be found.

Her hamster ball flickered and the squirrel emitted a drawn out whine that sounded much like a deflating cushion. Where are you Lord Pretty Hair? Garden isn't even in the kitchen. The only form of plant-life in there were dried up herbs for cooking. Not even a single fresh petal was in sight. Were they avoiding her because they knew she was infected? No, she haven't seen them in months so if they were avoiding her then they had been doing it even before she was infected.

Xiao rolled back over onto her belly, paws pushing herself back up unsteadily. This magic ball was draining her powers faster than she could figure out where her precious friends/landlord/neighbour/guardians were. Had they left her wordlessly like Lord Mushu did? No, bad Xiao! She scolded herself, smacking the top of her own head with her tail. Don't think like that. Lord Pretty Hair and pretty Garden would never do that to her, right? They lived together for long after all and they brought her here and tolerated her constant stalking, hugging and squealing. They must care about her to some extent! After all, they haven't thrown her off a balcony yet. They cared, yes? Yes, they cared even if they probably don't love her as much as she love them.

"Lord Pretty Hair? Pretty Garden? You love me, right?" she called out only to let her ears droop when only an echo of her words answered her. What did she expect? But the palace was still in the air so at least one of them must still be there. How else could it stay afloat and not crash into the nearest skyscraper? Slowly, she rolled her ball towards the kitchen again, throwing herself to the ceiling of her small magic ball so as to make the ball bounce up onto the worktop.

"Pretty Garden can cure me," mumbled Xiao in huffs and puffs. Thank the heavens she had ate those souls several days ago at the explosion or else she highly doubt her powers would last this long. The squirrel reached into her tail and with a wince, plucked several long strands of her fur out. She ran her fingers from tip to tip of each strand, smothering as much magic as she could into them before with a small pop, stuck her arm out of her hamster ball and dropped the magic protected strands into an empty teacup. Pretty Garden probably would want it in one of those slender glass tubey things but that's hardly available. Besides, it's a teacup and Garden loves tea. They would surely balk at the sight of fur in a clean teacup. It's sure to get their attention, right?

"Pretty Garden!" shouted Xiao as loud as she could, eyes and ears going in all directions as they prayed and hoped for a single sign of the plant collection. "Xiao Xiao is an idiot. She sat in the blue goo that's covering the city. I know you can cure Xiao Xiao or at least develop a cure. Xiao Xiao is going to leave these strands of hair in this cup for you to analy...ama.aa..um... examine! The magic should hopefully keep it from um.... infecting your teacup. It should um... hold as long as I live... I think."

She waited for an answer, a sign of any sort but only the moment she could see in the kitchen were the cloud outside the window drifting by lazily as they do always. Biting her lower lip hard enough that it was a miracle she didn't break skin, Xiao fought to control her trembling before inhaling loudly through her nose. Answer her, Garden. ANSWER HER! Anybody!

"Where are you all?" she said, sniffing loudly again, paws reaching behind her to bring her tail close to her chest. "I miss you all."

No. No, Xiao. No crying. That would be bad, Xiao. No crying, Xiao. Come on. You'll lose control of your magic and the hamster ball if you cry now. And you won't leave. You'll cling to the tiles here and now leave. Come on, Xiao. Turn around. Yes, that's right. Off the worktop and out the kitchen door.

She walked on two feet, tail still crushed between her front paws and chest and her face buried deep in its fur. Keep calm. Yes, keep going. Deep breaths. Deeeep breaths.

"I'm going now," she called out once she was back in the front courtyard. Xiao turned and swept her eyes back at the palace entrance, watching the occasional eyebat flutter by. "I'll come back to visit whenever I could and we can have tea on the balcony...or I can just sit and watch you from the windowsill or...I can sit and just listen to you work from the next room."

Her ball wobbled and she sat back in it, eyes searching each window she could see from the front of the palace. Vaati never did like her constant hugging. He always grimace when she did it. He didn't like the attention she gave him all the time but yet he still tolerated her stalking which he must had known about since even she herself would admit she made a very poor stalker when it came to hiding her presence and intentions. He tolerated her following him from his room to his study to his throne room. He ignored her she emit squeals and swoon at the pretty sight of wind catching the ends of his hair during his patrols.

And Garden. She stalked them whenever she could but she knew they tend to stay away from her because they find her annoying. But they still cook for her and make her tea when she wants food. They haven't thrown her out a window with vines tightly wrapped around her body so as to ensure a solid good riddance via crash landing back to earth. They let her sit amongst their prettiness if she asked politely and swear not to do more than pat them very very gently on the leaves or petals.

Xiao Xiao hugged her tail tighter against her body, shivering again. Where are they? She haven't seen them in so long and for so long she had just been content enough that she was still living in the same building as them. But now... she couldn't, not unless she want to infected everything and body in the Palace.

Phazon.

Ridley.

"Ridley," Xiao seethed into her tail. "This is all his fault! ALL HIS FAULT! I knew he was a bad person. I knew it. All this phazon business. ALL HIS FAULT. Ridley. Ridley. Ridley. Ridley. RIDLEY!"

The squirrel looked up at the palace again, took a deep breath and exhaled slowly. "I'll be back, Lord Pretty Hair. I'll be back, Pretty Garden. I'll be back, eyebats, darknuts, wisps, everybody."

She leant backwards and the hamster ball of magic rolled back and off the edge of the courtyard with Xiao still hugging her tail. She didn't stop hugging it until her magic ball met the cloud barrier that surrounded the palace. Only then did her magic hamster ball flickered and shattered and she dropped her tail to open her wing membranes.

"Ridley's fault. All Ridley's fault. Horrible Ridley. Mean Ridley. All his fault. All Ridley's fault."

Current date/time is Sun Feb 25, 2018 6:37 am