650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

This is Jim-Crackin Dandy

Post by Kev on Thu Aug 02, 2012 2:33 pm

((Set after This))

Time: 1:34 P.M.
    Date: August 2, 2012

Kev walked away from the Sanctuary, not looking back, and not caring if he touched the Phazon. It really didn't matter now, did it? He'd been shoved into the gunk by Gaara, over a lamp. A LAMP. But he didn't even bother getting angry, and just tried to walk on and get away from where his friends could see him. The last thing he was gonna do was sit aside and let his friends watch this stuff kill him.

Which...it curiously didn't seem to be doing. It felt odd, and thanks to how his skin was, he could feel it seeping through, but...he wasn't dying like Mary had been yesterday. Guess this was going to be a slower death. He thought of wiping this junk off and cleaning up, but then he figured, what was the point? It was already on him now, why bother trying to make it better.

Kev came to a stop and sat on a bench, propping his chin up with his arms. Oh Ridley and Gaara...you two were on Kev's list for sure now. Ridley had been on there since he tried to eat Llama, and Gaara? Kev had thought he had changed. Thought he was nice now, or something. Hadn't he changed? Apparently not. He'd be more disappointed if he weren't so angry and upset. And probably the worst part of this whole day was having to leave Jana and Blade behind. He felt bad for leaving everyone in the Sanctuary behind, but mostly those two, some of his older friends. He'd known he was probably gonna die. But not now. And especially not being tossed into that blue stuff right in front of them.

He sighed and leaned back against the bench. All he could do now was wait to die. And if he didn't die within the next three hours, he'd find Bonkers, somehow, and bring him to Bun-Bun. And try not to infect more people in the process...

Bonkers
    Inactive Account

Inactive Account

Level : 32

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    370/370  (370/370)
    Stamina Bar:
    64/64  (64/64)

Re: This is Jim-Crackin Dandy

Post by Bonkers on Thu Aug 02, 2012 2:48 pm

After he had cleared things up with good old Granny and Washu had come for a visit with her awesome-shield Bonkers felt a lot better in leaving the orphanage behind. And for all he knew, he wouldn’t be visiting this place again for a long time, as much as he was going to miss the kids.

Bonkers wanted to find out more about this strange substance. As it was now, it gave him the heeby-jeebies. The air around it seemed to be filled with a sort of freezing electricity and just passing by a small blob on the street caused his skin to crawl, so for now the bobcat kept his fair distance to the stuff.

The most important questions at this time… was this bad? It certainly wasn’t natural.
    And where did it come from? Where would it spread to? It seemed to extent quite fast at least…

Bonkers figured that the easiest way to gain some information on the goo was to do some friendly interrogations in the Sanctuary. Maybe someone had heard something (after all the bobcat only got to see about half of the news-report). Maybe someone knew a little bit more about it from his home world!

Speaking of the Sanctuary…
    Was that Kev falling out of that window?

Hum… not bad. 8 Points, Kev! That arm flailing certainly had style, but that landing… wait… he didn’t just…

This, my pathetic little friends, is a veeeery deadly substance. You don't want to be touching this stuff. Not unless you have a death wish, anyway.
    Oh no…

“KEV!”

In a full on sprint Bonkers left that last bit of distance behind and dashed towards the Phazon mass that his mouthless friends had been flung into. He stopped in front of it abruptly and with a gulp the bobcat took a few steps back from the acidic looking and deadly being substance and helplessly stared at the blue mass.
    “Kev?” he asked again, a desperate wail that he wished would have been louder, “Kev, can you-”
    …hear me?

In the corner of his eyes Bonkers noticed the figure of question walking away. Seemed like his friend had managed to get out of this stuff while the bobcat had been on his way here. And thankfully he was still alive.

However… he seemed to be covered in that disturbing goo!

For a moment Bonkers stared at his friend, blinked at his friend in utter distraught as he flopped down onto that bench so weakly. What do, what do… ah! Yes!
    In one swift motion the toon spun himself around and now starred a fashionable fire-fighter suit – including waterhose of course! Where it would gain its water from? The mysterious area called ‘off-screen’; don’t question it.
    He let a powerful blast of water sputter in Kev’s face to wash him clean from the icky stuff and then immediately walked up to his friend.
    “Kev! Kev, are you okay? How many fingers am I holding up?!” And just to test you it were 7… on one hand.
    Kev

Level : 60

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Kev on Thu Aug 02, 2012 3:27 pm

Kev didn't hear Bonkers' and his worried yells. That could either be because of the gunk that was dripping into his ear holes or him being deep in bitter thought about this predicament and blocking all outside noise out.

Too bad some water couldn't be blocked out!~ He flailed a bit at the sudden spray of water but he couldn't deny that it felt better to have that gunk rinsed off. He shook some of the gunk off his arms and sleeves and wiped at his face.

Bonkers wrote: “Kev! Kev, are you okay? How many fingers am I holding up?!”

Huh? Was that- "Bonkers?" Just the bobcat he was needing to see later! He narrowed his eyes and tried to focus on the toon's hand which had....7 fingers? "I think I have some double vision but that looks like 7 fingers to me, Bonko." Remembering the toon's more...touchy feely ways, Kev scooted away from him on the bench and looked away.

"I-I'm not sure if anyone can touch me now that I've gotten in that Phazon junk. Thank you for washing some of it off for me Bonkers."

Bonkers
    Inactive Account

Inactive Account

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    370/370  (370/370)
    Stamina Bar:
    64/64  (64/64)

Post by Bonkers on Thu Aug 02, 2012 3:43 pm

A big relieved grin spread on Bonkers’s face.
    “Don’t worry!” he chimed casually, “Because that’s correct!”
    He was about to give the alien a big celebration hug when he noticed how Kev… scooted away and within a second… reality caught up to the toon as well and he dropped back on the balls of his feet, awkwardly whipping back and forth on them for a moment.

"I-I'm not sure if anyone can touch me now that I've gotten in that Phazon junk. Thank you for washing some of it off for me Bonkers."
    “No Problem!” the bobcat responded, maybe a bit more insistent than it would have been necessary before his ears dropped, his feet stopped rocking back and forth and his hands tightly clamped together.

“You got to see this positive, Kev! You still live! A lot of the other citizens weren’t as lucky as you.”
    And wasn’t that just a weird thing to hear from the mouth of a toon? But yes, Bonkers had been a cop. Yes, Bonkers had already been exposed to a lot of violence since his arrival on Portal Breach, and yes… he… at least thought that he could handle that for now. He was a trained cop after all, not actively right now, but still trained!

“Come on, we…” Bonkers halfway noticed how his hand had reached out to pat Kev’s shoulder and pulled it away again with a sting in his heart before any contact was made, “We’ll fix you up somehow! Just wait and see!”
    Kev

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Kev on Thu Aug 02, 2012 4:04 pm

Oh good! Then despite the Phazon and the water in his face, his eyesight was just fine! He felt bad pulling away from the bobcat's hug. He himself was like Bonkers in that he loved to hug his friends, but he'd rather not infect poor Bonkers in the process.

Bonkers had a point. Looking at the positive side, he was here, alive! Others definitely weren't as lucky. He didn't want to think about how many other people had died the moment they hit this stuff.

"You're right Bonkers. But...I wonder...why its not killing me then." He looked down at himself, partially Phazon covered, soaked with the water dripping from his head. People died when they touched this. He'd seen his own sheep die after contact from this. But he didn't really feel like he was...dying. Just sorta itchy and uncomfortable.

Bonkers wrote:“Come on, we…We’ll fix you up somehow! Just wait and see!”

"Y-yeah...yeah maybe there's some kind of cure. Maybe this...is a good sign. I'm not dying, or melting, maybe this is okay. We'll..we'll wait and see, maybe I'll be fine." He didn't wanna bring the toon down, and he really wanted to believe it too. That he'd be fine and this was something they could fix and he could go back to his friends and let them know he was fine. But he had a bad feeling, a pit in his stomach-like organ.

Gods, why did he have to toss that stupid lamp at Gaara's stupid face?!
    Bun-Bun
    Inactive Account

Inactive Account

Level : 57

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    620/620  (620/620)
    Stamina Bar:
    114/114  (114/114)

Post by Bun-Bun on Fri Aug 03, 2012 3:25 am

Bun-Bun had been just leaving the Sanctuary after watching a fight between Kev and Gaara break out. He would've done something since Gaara almost killed Kev, but decided to sit there and watch as Kev overreacted. He was covered in something, but it didn't seem to be Phazon. Phazon kills people within minutes. Kev, on the other hand, seemed to be fine. He told Kev to clean the stuff up though, he didn't want any of that stuff on him or in his room at the Inn.

He was heading for the Residential District when he caught Bonkers and Kev, apparently having a conversation. He carefully made his way to them, avoiding the Phazon as he walked over.

"Oh good! You're still alive, and I see you've managed to get Bonkers as well."

If Kev was to die back there, he would've killed Gaara personally. In a time of catastrophe, he needed the boys to help him out, starting with answers.

"Why don't we go over to my place now and get this meeting out of the way?"

There was no use wasting time. Time and timing were everything now.

Even down to the last grains of life.

Bonkers
    Inactive Account

Inactive Account

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    370/370  (370/370)
    Stamina Bar:
    64/64  (64/64)

Post by Bonkers on Fri Aug 03, 2012 6:28 am

"You're right Bonkers. But...I wonder...why its not killing me then."
    The toon merely shrugged at that, “I have no idea…” but it was a given fact, and that was relieving enough for now!

"Y-yeah...yeah maybe there's some kind of cure. Maybe this...is a good sign. I'm not dying, or melting, maybe this is okay. We'll..we'll wait and see, maybe I'll be fine."
    Cure! Exactly.
    “Maybe you are immune to that stuff!” You know, like he was immune to physical violence! “We should take you to the hospital, maybe they can-” his suggestion however was interrupted by another familiar voice.

"Oh good! You're still alive, and I see you've managed to get Bonkers as well."
    “Y- yeah,” Bonkers agreed. He was here, did he miss something?

"Why don't we go over to my place now and get this meeting out of the way?"
    At this, Bonkers’s ears perked and his eyes lit up with excitement. Not only because he finally would get to see Bun-Bun’s house or the fact that it was because he had invited them, but “Oh! Do you know something, Bun-Bun?!
    That'd be great, you know! Great if you knew something!

And don’t you worry about time or timing. If timing was your main-concern than a toon was the best person you could turn to! They OWNED timing. Like… literally. They had their own separate time-stream that was controlled by this huge clock to make all the gags work out the way they should!

Bonkers’s main concern, however – despite this joyful turn of events – was still Kev. With a quick turn of his head the toon in his firefighter-costume sprayed off the last remains of the Phazon and gave the Alien a warm, hopeful smile.

They’d get you back on your feet, buddy.
    Kev

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Kev on Fri Aug 03, 2012 9:50 am

Bonkers didn't know either, though he didn't really expect him to. The only one who would know was probably Ridley. And Kev doubted he'd answer his questions about this stuff. Where even WAS that despicable lizard?

"Immune?" Well that could be it. After all, as far as he knew, his species only appeared in his universe. Maybe there was something about his physiology that made him different, and...harder to kill with this stuff? The idea made him feel better and his slouched position became more upright. But at the same time he wondered if because of his physiology, his death was gonna be..different. Slower? He was honestly in the dark. All he knew for sure was that he was alive.

Bonkers mentioned the hospital though and right when Kev was going to object to going there, having been touched by this stuff and scared to get it on others, Bun-Bun appeared.

Bun-Bun wrote:"Oh good! You're still alive, and I see you've managed to get Bonkers as well."

"Y-yep! Alive and kicking...yay. And yeah, I was gonna get him anyway, but he happened to be out here. Made my job easier." Funny how things could work out like that. He furrowed his brow at what Bun-Bun had said. His place...the Inn. "I don't think I can go there. There's other people there...and just because this stuff hasn't killed me doesn't mean I might not infect others. I'd suggest my place but I bet its covered with Phazon now..." Its as if the world was against Leslie's possessions and pets being in one piece when she got back.

Bonkers sprayed Kev with some more water and Kev felt it wash over him, feeling much better with that stuff off. Of course, some of it was already within him now, but at least he looked better! Bonkers gave him a warm smile and Kev reached out before pulling his arms back and folding them behind his back sheepishly.

"Sorry. But thank you Bonkers~!" He sent a small trill Bonkers' way. Bonkers was a nice guy, after all. Always helpful, always nice. Too bad that might come to bite him in the bruuka.

Bonkers
    Inactive Account

Inactive Account

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    370/370  (370/370)
    Stamina Bar:
    64/64  (64/64)

Post by Bonkers on Fri Aug 03, 2012 10:17 am

"I don't think I can go there. There's other people there...and just because this stuff hasn't killed me doesn't mean I might not infect others. I'd suggest my place but I bet its covered with Phazon now..."
    Hum, that didn’t leave too many options now, did it?

“We can meet at my place!” Bonkers suggested warmheartedly, “I live in the Apartment Block. There are other people, too, yes, but it’s less crowded and the floor I live on is pretty much empty at this time.”
    Re-L… had simply disappeared one day. It was a shame, he had really liked working with her, and mostly chosen his room because of Pino. Ttone, the other kid on the floor, had lived with Sonia while Tally had been gone on a trip… when she had come back yet, he didn't realize it. The only other person that he knew lived on that floor was Caila, but up to this day he had never actually seen her. That means things would be save, right?

He turned to look at Bun-Bun though, his ears dropping slightly, “I would have LOVED to see your place, Bun-Bun! But Kev is right; he should probably avoid public places until he has recovered!”

And by all means – Bonkers would make sure of that!
    Bun-Bun
    Inactive Account

Inactive Account

Level : 57

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    620/620  (620/620)
    Stamina Bar:
    114/114  (114/114)

Post by Bun-Bun on Fri Aug 03, 2012 2:53 pm

There were more answers Bun-Bun needed besides what this Phazon does. He learned a little bit about the stuff aside from the name and what it does from the conversations over in the Sanctuary, but that wasn’t enough.

Bonkers wrote:“Oh! Do you know something, Bun-Bun?!”
    “Not as much as I’d like to know, but that’s where you two come in.”

Kev, the Overreacting Idiot wrote:"I don't think I can go there. There's other people there...and just because this stuff hasn't killed me doesn't mean I might not infect others. I'd suggest my place but I bet its covered with Phazon now..."

Come to think of it, as Phazon consumes more and more homes around the Breach, more and more people are probably going to start going to the Inn for protection. That means more people, and god he hated people.

When he came back to the Inn yesterday, he found out that someone had made a shield around it a few minutes after he took off into the streets. He thought it could’ve been used to the alliance’s advantage to keep him and the other two from doing anything stupid and dying.

Unfortunately, it was already too late for Kev. That idiot!

“If we can’t meet at my place or yours, then where else do we go?”
    he asked, crossing his arms. Bun-Bun wasn’t going to meet them both in an alley again. For all they knew, it was Phazon Central over there. They could just sit here and talk if the sun and people weren’t around. So where to go…

Bonkers wrote:“We can meet at my place! I live in the Apartment Block. There are other people, too, yes, but it’s less crowded and the floor I live on is pretty much empty at this time.”

Hmm. That doesn’t sound like a bad idea at all. At least it gives the three of them some privacy without worrying about Phazon. The marshmallow bunny shrugged.

“Works for me. As long as we meet in some place private and not covered in Phazon. I don't want anyone in this alliance dying because of that freaky blue shit!”

He was telling the truth about that, too. No one under his wing was going to die to that. At least not just yet.
    Kev

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Kev on Fri Aug 03, 2012 3:39 pm

Where they came in? What could the two of them do? Kev certainly didn't know anything, didn't seem like Bonkers did either. Perhaps Bun-Bun would tell them more, at...wherever they go. With the cottage probably phazoned and the Inn full of people who could infect, they didn't have many places to go. And Kev already had issues from killing Nyreena a few months back, if he infected other people and made them die...

Bonkers wrote:“We can meet at my place!”

"Hmm?" Huh, all this time he had assumed Bonkers lived at the Inn. The Apartment block? He hadn't heard about it too much, which must mean less people live there...well! If it was empty, it worked for him! Bun-Bun was in agreement as well. Kev stood up off the bench and stretched, body feeling a little tired now.

"Works for me too. Lets get going." Sorry to disappoint you Bun-Bun, but it was very likely that at least one person in this unfortunate group was gonna die...or worse.

Current date/time is Sun Nov 19, 2017 9:14 am