Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Re: It Starts

Post by Tally on Sun Oct 28, 2012 3:48 pm

Right, a lot of states. Fifty in total actually, unless the North America from Rasa's world was different. Tally prodded the fire in front of her with a stick, stirring some of the embers in the middle of the blaze. Well, we do have names for people from certain area's. People from my area would be called Bostonians. It's really just another nickname, we've got a lot of those actually... Now that she thought about it, they really did have a bunch of different names.

What about you? What was your home state like? She waited for the Sangheili to answer as she mauled over his other words. Her shoulders relaxing ever so subtly in the fact that she had not offended him with her careless words.

I'm sorry that things didn't go well with your group, but, why did your prophets lie to you? She paused again, to put the stick she had been prodding the fire with out by grinding the burnt tip into the dirt. Personally I like your name better. But thank you. There was no God in Portal Breach, and Tally had been absent from her family's faith for years. She had left it shortly after she came to Portal Breach, and she certainly did not feel like the type of individual that gave life.

What were brutes?
    Rasa 'Jeqkogoai
    Terabyte

Terabyte

Level : 40

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    45/45  (45/45)
    Health Bar:
    450/450  (450/450)
    Stamina Bar:
    80/80  (80/80)

Post by Rasa 'Jeqkogoai on Sun Oct 28, 2012 7:46 pm

Bostonians... Rasa'Jeqkogoai wondered if he had met anyone previously from this Boston. "The state of Jeqkogo?" he found himself asking in turn. Home... How the wayward son missed it so. "It was... where I belonged," Rasa'Jeqkogoai simply said. "The open fields, gentle rays from the sun... It was not as impressive as other forward states such as Vadam, but that is where its beauty lied: simplicity. I liked it there, where time... just went away." Rasa'Jeqkogoai also missed his people's culture; the language, the arts, the food and decor. Everything here? The Sangheili found his eyes looking up to the stars as some part of him, a piece of hope, longed to see if his people existed up there in the blackened sea. This probably echoed in many lost hearts, and Rasa'Jeqkogoai knew that no such kind fate awaited his people. They... were gone, just like so many other civilizations.

"The San 'Shyuum," he suddenly growled. The unprovoked hostility was not directed at his friend, but rather the bastards who had caused so much ache and blood. "The San 'Shyuum were what humans called the Prophets," Rasa'Jeqkogoai explained. "Long ago my people and the San 'Shyuum had come into contact, and both groups worshiped the gods of old. They, however, claimed to have been closer to the Forerunners than we were." The Tally was smart; she would know how this tale ended long before knowing the rest. "We went to war," he continued. "Sangheili and San 'Shyuum could not agree on how to worship the sacred artifacts, and because the factions were swelling with pride and arrogance many lives were lost on both sides. It wasn't until a covenant was made did the bloodshed cease. This, Tally, was how the Covenant was formed: a coalition of multiple alien species to search out for the truth of the Forerunners and obtain transcendence." Of which Rasa'Jeqkogoai was not so sure existed, given all that had happened. "The San 'Shyuum wanted to continue their Great Journey, and they were steadfast on achieving it by any means. They were our mind, and we were their arm." Nothing could compare to the Sangheili military might, save for the human forces.

There was another, however. Rasa'Jeqkogoai felt his mandibles peel back upon having to speak of a creature most foul. "Ah, the Brutes," he said, rows of sharpened teeth viewable. "They are nothing more than ravenous apes, mad with aggression and lacking discipline. We call them Jiralhanae, but their nickname, Brute, is much more fitting." There was little love between Elites and Brutes, and for very good reason. "They were beneath us in the Covenant hierarchy, but because my brothers failed to protect the Prophet of Regret from the Demon, the Sangheili were replaced by those mongrels and our feud only festered into a rotting wound ripe for parasites."
    Tally
    Champion of the Ss'ruul
    Champion of the Ss'ruul

Level : 60

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Tally on Sun Oct 28, 2012 10:16 pm

"The state of Jeqkogo? It was... where I belonged, The open fields, gentle rays from the sun... It was not as impressive as other forward states such as Vadam, but that is where its beauty lied: simplicity. I liked it there, where time... just went away." Tally listened and tried to picture such a place in her mind. It sounds nice. Yes, it did sound nice.

Tally continued to listen as Rasa explained the situation between his race the ones called the "Prophets" or "The San Shyuum" as he called them. No way was Tally going to try and pronounce that.

"The San 'Shyuum wanted to continue their Great Journey, and they were steadfast on achieving it by any means. By any means huh?

Even if it meant turning on your people? Tally looked over at the Sangheili, watching him in the light that the fire gave off.

"Ah, the Brutes, They are nothing more than ravenous apes, mad with aggression and lacking discipline. We call them Jiralhanae, Tally wasn't even going to attempt that. but their nickname, Brute, is much more fitting. They were beneath us in the Covenant hierarchy, but because my brothers failed to protect the Prophet of Regret from the Demon, the Sangheili were replaced by those mongrels and our feud only festered into a rotting wound ripe for parasites." And again with that Demon

Tally's mouth twitched downward into a frown. Had one single human really caused so much trouble for Rasa and his people? That was impressive, but also sort of insane. How was it possible that one person was able to cause such trouble? Was he really human?

What other sort of species were in the Covenant?

Rasa 'Jeqkogoai
    Terabyte

Terabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    45/45  (45/45)
    Health Bar:
    450/450  (450/450)
    Stamina Bar:
    80/80  (80/80)

Post by Rasa 'Jeqkogoai on Mon Oct 29, 2012 5:02 pm

"The San 'Shyuum have slayed our ancestors before," Rasa'Jeqkogoai said. "If reaching their Great Journey means the betrayal and death of my people, there is no doubt within my mind that they would not hesitate to draw the first blade." The muscular alien then gently tossed more wood into the fire, Rasa'Jeqkogoai extending his wide hands out for more warmth. "The Covenant held many species in its ranks, and I have already told you of the upper hierarchy: San 'Shyuum, Sangheili, and Jiralhanae. Below that are the Huragok, Mgalekgolo, Yanme'e, Kig-Yar, and Unggoy. Huragok were our engineers and incredibly brilliant, but they proved little in the way of combat. I am ashamed to say that several Covenant officials used the peaceful creatures as suicidal bombs against the Huragok's will." War was never without its casualties, even the unwilling. "Then there are our Hunters, the Mgalekgolo. They, too, are surprisingly bright. Unlike the other species, Mgalekgolo are composed of many sentient worms. I found them admirable whenever we fought side by side, and they must travel in pairs with their bond mate."

As the fire's light became dimmer and dimmer, Rasa'Jeqkogoai rested one hand upon the butt of his rifle. It would be unwise to lower one's guard when night fell and the predators awoke for an easy meal. "As for the Yanme'e," he continued, "they keep to themselves and remain high above where many cannot reach. They are smart, but not as smart as the Huragok and this has caused tension between the two species. I find the Yanme'e painfully... dogmatic," the Sangheili mumbled. "Next are the Kig-Yar, ferocious predators and stalkers. They make for excellent scouts as their bodies are light and lithe. But because of their ruthless and bloodthirsty nature, Kig-Yar are no better than undisciplined mercenaries and pirates. They are also cowardly when faced with death." Of course, Jackals were far from being as cowardly as the next alien species Rasa'Jeqkogoai pondered about. "Lastly, there are the Unggoy. Oh, there are the Unggoy..." The tone of his voice spoke volumes. "The Unggoy are our lowest caste member, and they are methane-breathers. Small, skittish, and cowardly, the Unggoy are hardly suitable for anything except cannon fodder. Although some have merit compared to the rest of their noisy, smelly kind." Many Sangheili treated Unggoy like rubbish, but Rasa'Jeqkogoai was not like many Sangheili. "As irritating as they are, I left them primarily alone," he added. "They can be trained as formidable suicide units, and I'd rather not wake up on the end of a plasma grenade stuck to my chest."
    Tally
    Champion of the Ss'ruul
    Champion of the Ss'ruul

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Tally on Mon Oct 29, 2012 9:00 pm

Tally listened as Rasa spoke on and on about his people, and about those that had been in the Covenant. Names she couldn't possibly hope to announce were laid out before her, as were their roles and what purpose they had served along side Rasa's people in the Covenant. Tally prodded the fire that was beginning to dim, trying to stoke it into a bit of a stronger blaze.

"The Unggoy are our lowest caste member, and they are methane-breathers. Small, skittish, and cowardly, the Unggoy are hardly suitable for anything except cannon fodder. Although some have merit compared to the rest of their noisy, smelly kind. As irritating as they are, I left them primarily alone. They can be trained as formidable suicide units, and I'd rather not wake up on the end of a plasma grenade stuck to my chest."

At this Tally cast a rather amused look over to the larger alien. Didn't you compare me to a Unggoy once? What's a matter Rasa? Worried that Tally might stick a plasma grenade to your chest while you sleep?

Tally poked the fire again, it was getting about time to turn in, they would have a lot of walking to do tomorrow. But there was something else that was bothering her. So, if I can ask. Why did you want to come on this trip? Tally had her suspicions but wasn't sure about anything.
    Rasa 'Jeqkogoai
    Terabyte

Terabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    45/45  (45/45)
    Health Bar:
    450/450  (450/450)
    Stamina Bar:
    80/80  (80/80)

Post by Rasa 'Jeqkogoai on Wed Oct 31, 2012 6:26 pm

What? "If I did, then it was because of your mischievous nature," Rasa'Jeqkogoai honestly spoke in response. Unggoy were notorious for getting into situations that they shouldn't. Sensing that the fire was soon to extinguish itself, the mighty Sangheili warrior let forth a toothy yawn. Yes, it was time to turn in for the night and Rasa'Jeqkogoai simply laid onto his back. There was no need for a blanket or mat; he was perfectly content sleeping upon the earth and listening to the world continue by. It was good that the Tally asked her question while she did, for Rasa'Jeqkogoai was just about to shut his eyes.

Why had he come? A curious question, and the alien sleepily placed his hands upon his armored abdomen. In the midst of chirping insects and roaming animals, Rasa'Jeqkogoai merely said, "To further widen my knowledge of life and feed my soul with the companionship of good friends." There were many things the Sangheili didn't know, despite coming from an advanced race. This was why he eagerly sought to explore, to wander. Nothing was more captivating than to humble oneself before nature and the miracle of life, and Rasa'Jeqkogoai was glad that the Tally had come along for the journey. Together they could see many things, and together they could contemplate the intricate meanings of the soul. It goes without saying that Rasa'Jeqkogoai was spiritual, as the Sangheili people favored both gods and inner will. "I feel as if you asked this question before, Tally," the great alien commented. Maybe she did, and maybe Rasa'Jeqkogoai just needed a good night's rest so his mind wasn't scattered to the high winds. Rolling onto his side and facing away, the Sangheili curled up but was mindful to keep a palm upon the butt of his plasma rifle. One never knew out here, where beasts roamed. "Good night, Tally. We wake at dawn's first light and head out deeper into the wilderness." Deeper, where souls hardly ventured.
    Tally
    Champion of the Ss'ruul
    Champion of the Ss'ruul

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Tally on Fri Nov 02, 2012 3:27 am

Hm. Was all Tally had to say to that comment. Was she mischievous? She didn't think she was, but perhaps she did have a knack to getting herself in trouble. Reaching into her bag Tally removed on of the thermal blankets and draped it over her. She removed another and offered the tightly folded up blanket to Rasa.

Want one?

"I feel as if you asked this question before, Tally,"

She had? Did I? Sorry. Maybe she was the one that needed the good nights sleep. Keeping her hand on her sword Tally settled down for the night. It took her awhile to become comfortable enough to sleep. Night. Tally remained awake for awhile, staring up and listening to the sounds before finally making up her mind to attempt to fall asleep.

Current date/time is Tue Oct 24, 2017 5:39 am