Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Re: What does 'socialization' mean?

Post by Zelda/Sheik on Mon Sep 17, 2012 12:46 am

Sheik smiled a bit at the woman's nod, right before continuing to enjoy her next taco. She hadn't said -- or rather, written -- much, but that was okay by the disguised princess. She was just happy that Chell had accepted her offer of companionship earlier, and she hoped that this meal together as well as the woman's encounter with Impa a few days prior would help ease her transition to the different pace and ways of this world. It was admittedly an odd one to get used to, especially if one had been whisked from something more intense (like the sudden events she had faced before she had been transported here… and some of the events in Hyrule even before that), but at least it was pretty nice. Even with all of the technology and everything else that was unfamiliar to her, Sheik felt that she had been able to adjust without any trouble, or at least not too much. Granted, that had come a whole lot easier because her guardian, best friend, and newer close friend were all here… but it was still a very interesting shift once she had moved to calling the Stock Pot Inn her home.

Whilst Chell might not have had anyone similar to Impa in her life, Sheik had had a rough run in two respects regardless of her having a guardian. She had lost her mother when she had been very young, and in her version of the timeline at least, she had lost her father when Ganondorf attacked Hyrule Castle. In many ways, the Princess of Hyrule was probably closer to Impa, but regardless of his regal duties, she had still been very close to her father. Once she had arrived on the Breach, it had been immensely comforting to learn from both Impa and Link that once Ganondorf had been defeated and time had been turned back, her father was safe and sound. Time was interesting that way… but even with what had happened along her own version of the timeline, Zelda had taken to focusing on the true timeline that her friends had been whisked from. Her father was still alive and well there… and that counted more than anything that had happened on the first run through events.

At the woman's written statement regarding luck, Sheik smiled a little sheepishly, ducking her head a bit before stating, "Thank you… I do realize that. I'm very grateful that she's my guardian, and I never forget to be." Something about the look in Chell's eyes told the Sheikah in training that she didn't have anyone like Impa or Link in her life… and whilst she didn't feel it was her place to ask about that, Sheik just hoped that she would be able to build some strong bonds here. The Breach was a very diverse world, and one of the many bonuses of living on it was that one could form friendships that they might otherwise have never been able to find. Such was the case with her and the future Link, Aicara, Kev, Lawrence, and a few others thus far. Hopefully, the woman before her would be able to take advantage of that fact sooner rather than later.

Sheik worked on continuing to eat her third taco, finishing it by the time that Chell decided to figuratively break the silence again. This time, it was by way of an introduction and a greeting. So she had been right on the woman's name, and she had got to the point of trusting her enough to share it… that right there made the disguised princess feel very happy. Hopefully, she could put this new trust to even better use, and maybe even help the woman adjust more to life here.

"Hi! It's nice to meet you, Chell,"
    replied Sheik, nodding to her companion with a grin. Great, now she could use her name… that was definitely going to help make things easier when talking to her. With that new openness from the former test subject, Sheik thought for a moment on what to say next, shifting her posture slightly before adding, "I know that this is kind of an odd world to get dropped into, but I hope you can find it to be a good one. I know I have so far."
    Chell
    Gigabyte

Gigabyte

Level : 25

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    35/35  (35/35)
    Health Bar:
    310/310  (310/310)
    Stamina Bar:
    50/50  (50/50)

Post by Chell on Tue Sep 18, 2012 3:03 pm

Well, while socializing might not have been Chell's forte, it was comforting to see that at least she could get introductions right. The woman returned Sheik's friendly grin with a light smirk and nod of her own, feeling inwardly glad that at least that was out of the way now. After all this time, it was still so strange, so surreal to her to interact with another person on such friendly terms, and while that tiny, cautious part of her that remained guarded was still very uncomfortable, there was an equally vocal part of her that was actually more than a little relieved to finally have someone to "talk" too. In her own way. Full blown trust was something that was going to take far longer than one afternoon for her to feel towards anyone, but for now? She could live with this.

At her companion's next statement, Chell looked thoughtful again - as thoughtful as a woman clearly out of her element could look while stuffing a mouthful of taco in her face, anyway. It was definitely reassuring to hear another positive review of the place, although Chell knew deep down it would probably be a while before she fully settled in. The Inn by itself was lovely, but the noise and confusion of the city outside? Yeah, not so much. Fortunately, the former test subject had a lot of willpower to expend when she really wanted something, and if people like Sheik or Impa could make this their home, then so could she. "It seems nice enough so far." She finally wrote after a pause. "Different, but nice." Hell, just having a warm place to sleep that wasn't Aperture could make any place 'nice' in her books. But...

But there was still one thing she couldn't quite grasp. It was something that had nagged at the back of her mind since her initial arrival into this world, and while she didn't want to waste precious time fretting about it, no explanation she could conjure up in her own mind made a lick of sense. Of course, that was nothing new for her considering where she came from, but Chell was a problem solver at heart. She couldn't just let this one go, and she was honestly reluctant to truly settle in and make a life for herself until she had her answers. Choosing her words carefully, she took another moment to write before presenting her next question to Sheik. "You wouldn't happen to know why I'm here, would you? I didn't exactly come to this place on purpose." In her mind, there was a good chance her companion might not even know, but... well, it was worth a shot.
    Zelda/Sheik
    Stock Pot Inn Staff

Stock Pot Inn Staff

Level : 60

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Zelda/Sheik on Fri Oct 05, 2012 10:33 pm

Sheik nodded at Chell's first two sets of text, smiling slightly as she found herself agreeing with both of them. "Yeah, different but nice is probably the best way to describe it." The disguised princess had found herself contemplating the world of the Breach quite a few times since she had landed here, and just about each time she did, whether it was in the realm of her own thoughts or in a discussion with any of her friends, they all seemed to agree that for the most part, it truly was different but nice. Thankfully, for as many times as it proved itself to be different, it also presented itself as nice in just as many ways if not more. The cozy inn, delicious new varieties of food, and especially the fact that she had some old and new friends here definitely helped with that.

Hopefully, Chell could find all of that to be true for herself in due time as well.

A few moments later, Sheik moved to work on her next taco whilst Chell seemed to be working out what to write next. The pensive look across her features seemed to indicate that she was pondering a new question, and the disguised princess just hoped that she would be able to answer her well if that turned out to be the case. Sheik finished off her current taco just in time as Chell turned the notepad around to her, and she took a second to read over the presented text. Wow… now that was certainly a big question… a very good one, but definitely a major one.

Taking a decent sip of her drink as she thought of how best to answer it, Sheik set her glass down as she said, "Neither did I. Even with as nice as the Breach is, I wasn't exactly ready to leave my home world." That much was true… regardless of the darkness and evil that Ganondorf had inflicted upon the Hyrule from her point in the timeline, the disguised princess had not once thought of leaving that kingdom. She used that momentary pause to catch Chell's glance again, letting out a silent sigh before she continued. "No one who appears on Portal Breach chooses to come here. Whether it's a person, a place, or an item… we're all chosen to be brought here. I know it might not sound like it makes much sense… but…"

Now came the tricky part. Sheik had no idea of Chell's history back in her own world, but whether the woman had wound up in a better place here or not, that did not change the fact that the world she had come from (or at least that version of it along the timeline) had been destroyed. That alone could be a disconcerting fact, so hoping to live up to the Triforce of Wisdom that she bore, Sheik tried to phrase her next question as carefully as possible. "Chell… what was happening in your world before you wound up here?"
    Chell
    Gigabyte

Gigabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    35/35  (35/35)
    Health Bar:
    310/310  (310/310)
    Stamina Bar:
    50/50  (50/50)

Post by Chell on Sat Oct 06, 2012 3:07 pm

When Sheik revealed that she hadn't been the only one who hadn't exactly come to this world willingly, Chell blinked, shooting the boy a curious look. So she wasn't alone, then? That was certainly nice to know, although it didn't answer her question. Nodding in the hopes to encourage him when he caught her glance again, the former test subject listened diligently to what her companion had to say, inwardly hoping she hadn't overstepped some kind of invisible boundary when she noticed how carefully Sheik seemed to be wording things. As much as she appreciated and needed the information, she didn't want to bring up any unpleasant memories for the boy.

Luckily, he seemed unphased and continued on, soon revealing that yes, she was far from the only person on the Breach who'd made it there under the circumstances that she had. It came as somewhat of a surprise to her, although she was glad they were getting somewhere. The rest of it... hadn't done much to reassure her. Chosen? By who, and why? What kind of world was this, in all honesty? These were all questions she was already leaning over to write down as soon as her companion finished up, but what he said next immediately threw her for a loop, causing her to look suddenly up from her paper.

That... was a doozy of a question, one that sent a torrent of memories and images through her mind at a disconcerting rate. Chell looked looked down and shifted uncomfortably in her seat, suddenly cursing herself for even bringing it up. Her past wasn't something she was at all eager to share with anyone, much less someone she had just met, even if that someone was a person she found herself slowly beginning to like. These were things she had been eager to leave behind now that she had the opportunity to start a new home - a new life, really - but she had a feeling that in regards to the information she wanted, there was nothing else for it. She had to do this.

Well, just because she had to do it didn't mean she couldn't do it on her own terms. Biting her lip, Chell finally started to write, forming each word as slowly and deliberately as possible."I don't know." Were the words she eventually presented to the boy, staring at him with a face that was grim and maybe just a little uncertain. "There was a place - I was stuck there for a long time, and I don't remember much before that. What the real world was like, I mean." She paused, sincerely hoping he wouldn't press her much further on that. The next bit was easier, although still none the less puzzling. "When I finally got out, everything was just - gone. The world was still there, but the people weren't. I traveled for weeks, and never saw a single soul. Not even most of the houses were still intact. In the end, I just decided I was the only one left, and started preparing to live on my own. That's when I got dragged here."

She stopped and turned the notebook towards Sheik, taking the lull in interaction to swipe a weary hand across her forehead. Whoever she had been in her past life, this was the most she could remember ever having "talked" to anyone, and it was completely exhausting. Especially when it came to the subject matter. The more suspicious side of her was still shocked that she had given away even that amount of info to someone who she still barely knew, and she once again found herself dearly hoping that this boy was trustworthy. Once she was satisfied he'd read all of it, she added on one more quick message, holding it up to Sheik with a raised eyebrow. "Why? Do you think that had anything to do with this place?"
    Zelda/Sheik
    Stock Pot Inn Staff

Stock Pot Inn Staff

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Zelda/Sheik on Sun Oct 07, 2012 6:59 pm

At Chell's sudden reaction to her own question for her, Sheik instantly felt a surge of guilt. There had not been an easy way to ask what wound up happening right before her companion had been whisked away here, but even with her careful phrasing of it, she still seemed to have accidentally treaded towards an uncomfortable topic for the woman. Perhaps there was no avoiding it given the question that Chell had asked in the first place and whatever her own previous history was, but the disguised princess still felt bad for it.

Granted, no matter how anyone had arrived on the Breach, the memory leading up to that arrival always seemed to be neutral or at the very least disconcerting… for Zelda herself, she had been pulled down the well of Kakariko Village by an unseen force before she woke up inside Portal City itself. Impa had seen a shade of the moon of Termina and felt the connected rumblings from it before she had simply stepped into a different portal. The Link from her time found himself near Termina's end before he leapt into a portal that took him here… and the future Link was pulled down by a Floormaster. Between the four Hyruleans themselves, those were two jumps into the wrong portal (or right as the case may have been, considering the fates that those versions of the worlds were about to meet) and two cases where the getting pulled to the world was very forceful. Speaking of which, with the posture that the former test subject had taken here, it was entirely likely that her own arrival here had been forced too…

With an apologetic look evident in her red eyes, she caught Chell's glance once she presented the statement "I don't know," inwardly hoping that the woman would be able to tell that she didn't mean to bring up any unpleasant memories. "I'm sorry…" said Sheik, even before she was able to fully read the uncertain yet grim expression she was met with.

She knew that there wasn't really much more she could say here, but she did hope that both her look and words would be taken to heart. At that, Sheik waited patiently as Chell wrote out her next series of text, nodding in understanding and sympathy once she'd read it. So the former test subject was a prisoner of some sort? Trapped from the real world? That was horrible… it was just like something Ganondorf would have done. Still, even though she was admittedly a but curious about this revelation regarding Chell, Sheik did not press for further details. It was not her place to do so after all.

Those two lines gave the disguised princess plenty to think on though whilst her companion wrote out even more, and once Chell turned the notebook around again, Sheik carefully read everything before her. It was a lot to take in, and in some ways, it was eerily familiar to what had happened to certain parts of Hyrule when the Desert King had made his attack. Wow… no matter what had happened at that place before for Chell, learning of this alone was enough to better show part of why this was a touchy subject for her. Sheik narrowed her gaze slightly at the text, trying to imagine what it had been like back in that world, thinking about the impact it might have… right before she glanced back to her companion and nodded once more, adding, "I see…"

Once Chell was satisfied that she had read all of that text, Sheik perked up as the former test subject quickly added one more message. This one caused the disguised princess to furrow her brow slightly. Now was the time that she'd have to be extra careful with her phrasing though, much in the way that Impa and Link had been for her once she'd been transported here. She shook her head a little bit, letting her expression relax as she stated, "Not necessarily… I just meant that you getting dragged here was the sign of something else."

Sheik took a deep breath, inwardly hoping that what she was about to say would make sense, and that her new companion would be able to forgive her for being the one to break the news to her. "I was also dragged here against my will. Everyone seems to come here by way of a portal, which is part of where the world gets its name. The thing though is that we're not simply pulled from our worlds… we're pulled from them because they're ending. The world you came from is gone from that point in time… destroyed… for good. The deity of this world chose to bring you here to save you from that. I… I know it's a lot to take in and that it might sound crazy, but I promise you that it's true."
    Chell
    Gigabyte

Gigabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    35/35  (35/35)
    Health Bar:
    310/310  (310/310)
    Stamina Bar:
    50/50  (50/50)

Post by Chell on Tue Oct 09, 2012 4:40 pm

Although it was understandable that Sheik may have felt guilty for skirting near risky territory for Chell, the former test subject hoped he realized that she held nothing against him for it once she caught his apologetic look. She had asked a question, and he was trying to answer it to the best of his ability - it just so happened he required a bit of information first. It was to be expected, given the subject matter, that reminding her of anything regarding back then would trigger some discomfort. If anything, she had brought it on herself by asking in the first place. Besides, being uncomfortable was a necessary evil in some cases, and as far as this one went, Chell considered learning about how and why she was here much more important than her own feelings.

Speaking of which, her companion was trying to explain things again. The fact that her world being deserted probably had nothing to do with her being dragged to the Breach answered most of her new questions and opened many of the old ones back up - questions the woman would most likely never learn the answer to, as she would soon realize. She met his eyes again when he mentioned also being dragged in against his will and let her expression soften into what she hoped was a brief, sympathetic look, even as the slightly ominous way he seemed to be carefully choosing his words created a slow rising tension in her posture. The bit about the portal made perfect sense, and after having had time to reflect on it, she had decided that that kind of portal was definitely better than the alternative in her book - although the sheer coincidence that she'd wound up in a place called 'Portal Breach' was certainly not lost on her. At this point, it wasn't looking like she'd ever get away from the things.

Finally, Sheik seemed to get to what had been the main point of the conversation, and what he had to say was something of a bombshell: that her world and everything in it was gone, wiped neatly from existence. Permanently.

It... was a hell of a lot to take in, and for a moment, Chell wasn't exactly sure of an appropriate way to respond. She settled for bringing her gaze back down to her hands and furrowing her brow, pressing her thumbs together in contemplation. She supposed, had she come from a different sort of place, that this would have been significantly more emotional for her, but at the moment she just appeared thoughtful. The boy's words did, in a way, sound crazy, but hadn't it always been something that had crossed her mind in the past? That due to her extended time in cryosleep, she'd somehow slept through the end of the world? Granted, the world outside of Aperture had at least been intact, but if what he was saying was true, then it certainly wasn't any longer. All the buildings she'd taken refuge in, the wheat fields, Aperture, and every single AI she'd ever met - all gone, for good.

She wasn't sure how to feel about that last part. Most of them had tried to kill her at least once, yes, but they had also been the only things she could ever remembered having interacted with. Even if she would never go so far as to call them friends - although she'd had come close with one, albeit temporarily - they were at the very least significant. For them to be gone, just like that... it was unsettling.

On the other hand, it also meant Aperture would never interfere with her life again, barring the possibly of anything from there being pulled over, of course. For all of her worries, for all the times she felt like no place her feet could take her would ever be far enough away, she was now as far removed from the labs as she could possibly be. Oh sure, the memories were something that would always stick with her, for better or for worse, but now, she truly had a new start.

As much as it was to take in, as mixed as she may have felt about it, there was one thought that stood out above all the rest, and that was a relieved, blunt Good riddance.

After what seemed like ages, Chell looked back up at her companion, giving him a steady nod of thanks. She looked much more relaxed than she had been, although it was clear by the way her brow was still knit together that there was something else she wanted to ask. The former test subject had personally never put much stock in deities, but Sheik seemed to know a lot, and her curiosity had been piqued. Turning her attention back to her notepad, she wrote the boy another message, this one thankfully short. "Why? Why did they choose to save me?"
    Zelda/Sheik
    Stock Pot Inn Staff

Stock Pot Inn Staff

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Zelda/Sheik on Wed Oct 10, 2012 11:37 pm

Sheik watched Chell carefully as the woman took in the news that she had to relay to her. Part of her was pleased that the former test subject was at least about to get the unfortunate discovery of her home world being destroyed from a sensitive standpoint (or at least one that she sincerely hoped was taken to be one), but a greater part of her felt a little guilty for having to be the one to break this news to her. Still, Chell had asked… and just like everyone else on the Breach, she hard to learn what had happened. The disguised princess had been beyond lucky in that Impa had been the one to let her know what had happened to her version of Hyrule, or at least the fate that had fallen upon it in that precise point in the timeline.

The fact that the Link from the future was here as well as Impa and Link from their own points from the timeline she knew had definitely helped soften the blow of that intense discovery all those months ago. It had not made it an easy one of course, but being able to trust in the safety of Hyrule at least along other points in time had truly been a boost. And even with everything that had been left behind in her version of Hyrule, the disguised princess knew that other versions of herself could still see to the mythical kingdom's safety… and at the same time, she had been able to come on a grand adventure here and meet people she would have never even known existed otherwise. Coming to the Breach could be a double-edged sword for certain, but as far as Sheik was concerned, she was going to focus solely on the positive side of it.

After she had taken in her forgiving and subsequent sympathetic looks, Sheik looked on as Chell turned her gaze downward. She wanted to be sure to give the former test subject as much time as she needed to take all of this in, but even though she had traits of the standard "having just been hit by a boulder" look, the woman did not seem to be too upset by this new revelation. She was definitely dealing with it, but perhaps fortunately, she did not seem to be truly upset. No matter how it had been back on her home world, trapped in a place or not, such earth-shattering news was undoubtedly going to have an effect… and whilst Sheik had figured (or at least hoped) that Chell would be able to handle the news without much trouble, she did have a sense of relief that she in fact seem to be doing just that.

At Chell's nod of thanks, Sheik simply nodded back in acknowledgement, conveying that it had not been a problem. The former test subject appeared to be much more relaxed now that she had been once the subject had come up, and the disguised princess was inwardly rather grateful for that. She had hoped that updating Chell on the fate of her home world would not have rocked so much as to derail their visit, and it seemed that she was ready to continue the conversation as normal, albeit with some understandably related questions.

Sheik waited as her companion wrote out her next quick message, soon reading it before glancing back to her. All the disguised princess could do really was shrug and shake her head slightly. Even with the time that she and her friends from Hyrule had been here, she had never quite figured out the answer to this very question that she occasionally asked herself. For some people like either Link, it made perfect sense to her… but others… somehow, not so much.

"I don't know,"
    replied Sheik. "I was only familiar with the deities back in Hyrule… but even though I've run into a couple of the deities here, that didn't answer this question for me either. All I have been able to guess is that they have their own reasons that we're not necessarily meant to understand. I know that might not be much of an answer, and for that I'm sorry… but if it helps, no matter what their reasons are, they don't have any intention of running our new paths here for us. They might be here, but we have our own free wills."

Once again, Sheik hoped that that made sense to her companion. It might have seemed odd for an adolescent such as herself to be able to articulate some of those points, but regardless of the particular Triforce that she embodied, the disguised princess was definitely wise beyond her years. She was still young and learning of course, but even at a young age, it seemed she was already living up to what she would become.
    Chell
    Gigabyte

Gigabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    35/35  (35/35)
    Health Bar:
    310/310  (310/310)
    Stamina Bar:
    50/50  (50/50)

Post by Chell on Fri Oct 12, 2012 3:52 pm

Upon hearing that Sheik had actually met (or at least, had encounters with) not one, but multiple deities of the Breach, Chell blinked. Well, that definitely blew her vaguely held 'deities most likely do not exist" theory out of the water, provided the boy wasn't just delusional. Which, given their interactions thus far, was highly unlikely. It was more than a little disconcerting to her, to think that there were higher beings actually running the show, but given what she'd already seen of the world so far? She could believe it. The woman wasn't sure anything this odd could just come about on it's own.

And, honestly? She hadn't been all that surprised to hear there most likely wasn't a reason she had been plucked from her world over anything else either. It was a tad frustrating to basically get a non-answer, yes, but it made far more sense to her than if she had been chosen for some divine, overtly privileged intent. It wasn't that the former test subject was humble, per say - as traumatic as her experiences in Aperture had been, she was damn proud of what she had accomplished, and in the end, she would be lying if she said she hadn't honestly thought she had earned her freedom fair and square. She'd been to the moon, for pete's sake. It was just that... as unbelievable, exhausting, and frankly nuts as it might have been to persevere through everything her environment had thrown at her, she felt like she had simply done what she had to do. Chell remembered next to nothing about humanity as she had known it long before Aperture took away whatever life she'd had before, but she could only assume - or hope, really - that any human in her place would have tried the same thing.

Whether any other possible test subjects had actually accomplished their goal of escaping, she'd highly come to doubt, but for the sake of her species, she'd at least hoped that they'd tried. That was why the idea that her pick had been more randomized than anything was something of a comfort to her - she wasn't chosen because she was necessarily special, she was chosen because she was there. And, the woman carefully reminded herself, there was a good chance the deities hadn't found many other candidates.

Once her companion finished speaking, Chell pulled herself away from her own thoughts and shook her head, leaning over to write down more in her notebook. "It's alright." her message said once she had finished and presented it to him. "I appreciate you letting me know." Another pause, and she quickly went back to writing another note, before showing it to the boy with an expression that almost resembled a smirk. It was faint, and a little reserved, as usual, but definitely there. "Whatever reason they chose me, I'm here now, and I might as well make the best of it - like you all have. Might take years for all I know, but I guess I could have ended up in a worse place."

With that said, the former test subject finally ventured into taking her first bite of cake, stabbing into the pastry with what seemed to be a newfound confidence. Popping the fork into her mouth, her eyes slid shut as she savored her dessert, and for a moment she thought it was just about the greatest thing she'd ever tasted. However strangely bittersweet leaving her old world behind for good might have been, right now, she felt more free than she had ever been in her life - and for that, she was indescribably grateful.
    Zelda/Sheik
    Stock Pot Inn Staff

Stock Pot Inn Staff

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Zelda/Sheik on Fri Oct 12, 2012 10:27 pm

Sheik watched her companion carefully as she took in the newest information. The discovery of the deities on the Breach here had been quite an interesting one for her, especially when she had wound up meeting Portal-X face to face. She had been so used to only knowing Din, Nayru, and Farore indirectly through the legends of Hyrule and the magics they had left behind in it… even once she had been found by the Triforce of Wisdom, that added connection to Nayru was not quite the same as meeting the Goddess of Wisdom face to face. At least the idea of the Portal Deities primarily being observers seemed to help Chell take in that part of the answer. Free will was definitely a wonderful thing in the disguised princess' book.

The former test subject seemed to be a bit more relieved as she processed the information further. Maybe the idea of a new chance here was an even better one for her than Sheik had hoped it would be… still, no matter what her old world had been like, whether she had been a prisoner at some unmentioned place or not, she just hoped that her new companion would be able to forge a new, better life here.

"You're welcome," said Sheik, smiling and nodding to Chell at her thanks. At catching her slight smirk and reading her added text, the disguised princess smile shifted to more of a grin as she added, "You're exactly right, and that's the best way to go about it. When I got pulled here, even before I learned that Impa and Link were here, I was determined to do my best to make the most of it… and so far, it's been great."

Sheik had finished her tacos by now, and she couldn't help but grin even more broadly once she saw Chell take her first bite of the cake. The way she seemed to savor it almost reflected the way that the former test subject appeared to reached a new level of relaxation, or at the very least relief over not having to contend with those unanswered questions anymore. If she had been able to help the woman reach that and thus help ease her transition to her new life on the Breach, then Sheik was more glad than ever that she'd wound up bumping into her.

At that, the disguised princess picked up her fork and readily dove into her slice of cake as well. At thoroughly enjoying the first bite and catching the woman after she had had a chance to finish hers, she managed to glance back to Chell, asking as if she was toasting, "To new companions and adventures?"
    Chell
    Gigabyte

Gigabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    35/35  (35/35)
    Health Bar:
    310/310  (310/310)
    Stamina Bar:
    50/50  (50/50)

Post by Chell on Sun Oct 14, 2012 3:35 pm

However long it may take her to get used to her new home, Chell was once again glad to see most of the residents seemed happy here, or at least were settling in nicely. As much as she may have disliked the noise and overall chaos of the city so far, she really did mean it when she said she could have gotten a far worse end of the stick. Hell, she could have wound up back at the testing facilities, or in a world she didn't have the first clue how to adapt to - even living completely by herself back in her old world, as free as it might have been, most certainly would have had it's disadvantages. Here, she had a warm bed, good food, a place of her own, hot water... all without having to pay a cent for any of it. The Inn just felt welcoming, and the people in it even more so. As for the world outside, well, she could take opening herself up to that at her own pace. There was no rush, and after all, she had tackled far worse.

Catching Sheik's eye once he spoke up, the former test subject paused mid-chew to stare at him questioningly. At first, she didn't really get what he was asking her to do, but after running it through her head a few times, she thought she understood. It was a celebratory thing, right? A gesture of goodwill and luck to their futures. Chell wasn't one to find much use in such rituals, but she supposed it wouldn't hurt to play along, just this once. Giving her companion a shrug, and a funny, wry sort of smile, she took off a second piece of cake, bobbing her fork slightly in the air before taking another hungry bite.

Where ever her life went from here, she knew one thing for certain: She had been given a second chance, both by this world and it's people, and she was determined to enjoy every bit of it.

Current date/time is Sun Nov 19, 2017 11:13 am