Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Re: The Missing Piece

Post by Zurg on Mon Jul 16, 2012 5:29 am

He, he, he! Working as intended the monarch reasoned.

"Oh, no," the alien chuckled with a shake of his head. The demon had it all wrong! "Jo is not my girl, you understand. And as it stands, she was not the one who had hurt me as you had done to Layla." Oh? What's this, Zurg? Holding out on the goods? "Anyway, you took a chance, Prixlezub. The same as I had. It is not unnatural for solitary individuals such as ourselves to want some affection now and then. It's... Well, it's natural, I suppose." Although the monarch liked to think that he was above such influences now and then, Zurg knew better. Rationally he knew better, and the alien preferred to stand behind a veil of aromatic indifference. That was before he met Jo of course, and the monarch's perspective on life had changed drastically. "Layla did love you, yes. However, her love was that of a human and yours? Something else entirely. Neither of you truly understood the other." And maybe they hadn't taken the time to, either.

Whatever the demon's business was Zurg knew not to pry.

See; knew there'd be other tribes. A classic really, and hunting? No, not the former villain's forte. Zurg found it tasteless but he obviously wasn't from a culture where hunting was prized and trophies brought fame and renown. He was suited for shadowy operations, anyway. "It would seem that they had taken a liking to those crystals you use for sight." This would either spark the fire of trade or... Fuel the flames of war. Whichever happened because both were profitable in their own regards.

"Hmm, homesick, were you," Zurg remarked after the demon was done with this segment of his tale. "Yes, there is nothing quite like a good home - even if it's not your original place or a land you necessarily favour. That sense of security, the sense of belonging; what good is traveling the stars, all of them, if you cannot find one that desires you?" Traveling through space was all fine and dandy, but let us not kid ourselves here. It was also very lonely - very... isolated. "I have ventured to many worlds, some just as wondrous as you describe to me, but none are truly equal to home... To what binds you to that all-too-familiar place that haunts the darkest recesses of your mind. A gnawing, slow madness, isn't it?" Zurg had seen his fair share of planets - none would ever really be a replacement home for him. Not even Portal Breach, even. There just wasn't anything quite like home...

Prixlezub appeared more than just homesick, however, and the monarch remained oddly... still. He was assessing, mapping out the demon's tones, motions, thoughts. Was this reflection? Sincerity in the Prince's words at last? Or was this was a trick, a ruse to get back his stomach. It may be hard to say but Zurg knew one thing: Prixlezub had changed. Perhaps for better or worse, the demon had changed since the monarch last laid eyes on him.

Well, that made two of them.

"I often used to wonder what was the single most devastating weapon in the Cosmos," Zurg said, shifting his legs. Oh? What was the weapon? "Imagine my surprise when I realized that it wasn't a death ray or a biological pathogen, but rather... a single, simple emotion that all empathetic beings share: regret." Regret alone toppled kingdoms, enslaved worlds. It was an emotion so powerful that even the universe could not rightfully wipe it away. So long as thinking organisms in the Cosmos felt guilt and remorse, regret would always be there.

Prixlezub and himself were no different from this timeless law.

"What happened after?"

In unity, before the Nine, I softly speak in #669999.
    But, in One's animosity, I hold command in #99FF00.
    Prixlezub
    Inactive Account

Inactive Account

Level : 46

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    510/510  (510/510)
    Stamina Bar:
    92/92  (92/92)

Post by Prixlezub on Mon Jul 16, 2012 3:03 pm

Prixlezub did not comment on Zurg's relationship with Jo, neither when the alien placed his insight on the demon's own relationship as well. The topic was still sensitive for him, and he knew whatever he might say on it was probably better left unsaid. Instead, the demon only gave a short nod as he listened to the alien go on, the story time now seeming more like a heart-to-heart as it grew closer to home. The alien was right on many points, enough that it seemed like simple common sense. Though what piqued the demon's interest the most was how the alien stayed so silent while he had been speaking, or more, recalling his talk with Flad'nag.

However, if sincerity was the alien's question, he would have to wait until the story was finished for an answer. Prixlezub was not about to spoil anything simply over a curiosity, a grace in his audience or not.

A plume of smoke rolled from the demon's maw, comparative to a small sigh as he continued. "Flad'nag had looked up to the sky once more, before telling me about his own wife that he lost. He said every time he looked up to the sky, she was there, looking down on him as the brightest star in the sky. Though, whatever importance that was had been lost t me at the time, I had been too busy looking at this planet to really ponder on it. What he said next though, I certainly listened. Flad'Nag said to me: I find it strange, you wish to go home, and yet you fear it. Your fears that stem from her resenting you, yes, I can see where they could dampen your spirits. But crush them? Tra'Yzon, my friend, we all make our mistakes in life, some can be fixed, others cannot. but, we can always move on from them, that is how we grow, he we become stronger." The prince rumbled, once again imitating the elder's softer tones. The Noslot elder, for all of his primitive setbacks, certainly had much wisdom. "If you stay here, you will never be able to see if you can fix what you have broken. If you must leave to do so, then leave and see to your resentful loved one. Problems have never been solved through running away, my friend.... However, I could not readily accept his philosophy, feeling that the trouble between myself and my wife had been much more complicated than that. I told him how we had hunted together, and how she had died during our fight with Blainstrrghtokk, better known to you as her 'associate' no doubt. I mentioned to him that she must have had some sort of council before returning to me that evening, and it was also then that I revealed to him that Layla was indeed Who Breathed Acid and Fumes. I was not stupid, I knew she wanted me dead. And if I returned? What good were the words of a dead, worthless beast." The prince snorted, shaking his head incredulously at his own words. And really, he had been right. The demoness had no time to listen to him, nor the interest to hear whatever apologies he had to give. "In fact, I was think that perhaps I would be better off just staying on the planet with the natives."

And yet, even if he did stay on the planet, she would have met the same fate either way.

"Despite what I had told him however, Flad'nag seemed quite stubborn in trying to help me. He said that from what I told him, that her change had been in the making for quite a while, an obvious fact." He stated, shifting his tail to curl up more against his flank. "He wished to know more about us, what had gone on before the incident, before we had been married. I told him of what happened when she was still Iblis, how she had been so brutally banished. The more I had thought on that, the more I wondered if perhaps that may have had an effect on her change as well... I worried that perhaps I had broken or scarred her, since she had banished me in a similar fashion. To my surprise, I found him laughing over the whole thing, or more, over who I was acting towards it. He told me not to mourn and lament over it, but more to try and fix it while she could still be helped. He said I needed to prove to her I was not this monster that she had banished in the past." He recalled, tapping the digits of his paws against the black top. "After thinking it over for a little while, I agreed with him that I needed to see her again and to stop being so afraid of her rejection. By then, my spirits had lifted enough that I decided to propose a question to the Elder that I had been pondering for a long while..." And no, it was not if he wanted to marry him. "I asked how he felt about power generators. Afetr all, if there was a village more advanced than the Noslot, perhaps they had the intelligence to comprehend it and put it to practice. As I had seen it, the crystals they had at their disposal already would make for a great power conductor."

Who knew that the demon prince would have an interest in engineering if it suited what he wanted?
    Zurg
    Administrator

Administrator

Level : 60

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Zurg on Mon Jul 16, 2012 3:47 pm

For once Zurg didn't say anything outright - the Monarch was content to listen and dissect what he heard. Looks like Prixlezub was beginning to learn a few things; life, the universe, everything. And there was no 42 in this equation, too~! It was pretty rough, however. Learning this way was like a shock to the system - it had been involuntary on the demon's part. Did the alien know this would happen? Maybe, maybe... He knew Prixlezub would learn something, but even Zurg's planning had its limitations. Sometimes a forced exile was necessary to see things from a different perspective, and it also gave one time to think without being distracted.

"If you remained on the world it would not change a thing." Zurg waited until Prixlezub was done with this segment of his story to speak. "By hiding away and running from your inner demons, you would only spiral into a bastardization of what you once were. No, facing Layla was the right path - not the best, but the right." There was that saying again, do you remember it? Of course you would, Prince. Somewhere along the way Zurg's seat made a noise of protest, the alien chuckling as he reconnected his gaze with the demon's. "My friend says your head is denser than a black hole," the monarch relayed. "He also thinks that you could have avoided all of this if you only bothered to look past your flat, blunt snout." The next series of whirs and clicks Zurg would not translate, as they were fairly... well, rude.

X'ki, behave.

In any event, the alien sat up straighter and mulled Prixlezub's segment over. "As I said earlier, you and Layla were two unlike things trying to become similar. A hard feat to overcome if you are not careful in your steps." Take Zurg and Jo for instance. So many cultural faux pas that she committed in his presence! Made him want to twitch sometimes, but he endured. For her, he would.

"Ah, but you already know this now. Please, continue." Did Zurg smell the start of an industrial revolution~?

Prixlezub
    Inactive Account

Inactive Account

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    510/510  (510/510)
    Stamina Bar:
    92/92  (92/92)

Post by Prixlezub on Mon Jul 16, 2012 5:22 pm

"Yes, I am quite aware of that." Prixlezub rumbled in response to X'ki's remark. Though his voice did have an undertone that suggested he certainly did not like being compared to a black hole. "I should have been more receptive of her, not so quick to rush headlong into our relationship. We should have learned more about each other first before we did anything. Instead, I had been over-eager in wishing to be with her. If anything I should have waited much longer before even thinking of proposing to her. And before that..I should have broken the truth to her gently, not brashly and quickly like I had before her first death." Yeah, smooth move on that one, Prixlederp. Poofing into your true form out in the middle of the woods was certainly not the wisest of decisions, in terms of a gift.

As for his choice not being the best path? Well, trying to send her to counseling would be outright hell in her state, and reasoning was out of the question as long as Blain had been her cohort. But alas, as Zurg had said, that was in the past. In the present, Prixlezub had a story to tell.

"Flad'nag seemed intrigued by the prospect of a generator, though I had to explain some of the details from what little I knew." Really, the only time the prince had even been around a generator was when he had attacked Zurg's factory, to give a scale. "We talked about it on the way back, and I encouraged him with the images of electricity in their caves at night, artificial light and all that, along with more advanced tools. Once he had brought it to the other elders, they were talking it over for weeks before they came to a decision. Though, from what Flad'nag told me, the Branack clan wished to use the generators for war more than for civil expansions. He reassured me though that their idea had been snuffed out, since the Noslot clan was more interested in survival than conquest... But I could see where they were going with it. " He hummed thoughtfully. "The tribe finally put some of their smartest thinkers on the project for fabricating a prototype after a while... As time went on, I found myself growing attached to Flad'nag as a friend. He listened, he gave good advice, and overall he was quite pleasant to be around. I had grown to find my home in the caves they lived in, and I even found myself wearing something similar to their clothing, having decided that using my horns for a trophy rack was sort of gaudy." Yes, chuckle at that image of Prixlezub dressed in hides and wearing a skull on his head. It was all part of integrating himself into the lifestyle. "One day, while waiting out a rather wet part of their seasons underground, I sought him out again to talk, traveling deep down into their cave network to find him. He lived in a small ring of caves with the other Elders, quiet, secluded, and well guarded. The guards allowed me in after I talked with them for a little bit and reassured them of my identity, and I sought out the cave he was in. Their home decor is very simple, hanging moss and strings of beads of the doorways, but it fit the atmosphere quite nicely I think."

This, coming from a demon who's own idea of home decor was to make everything grandiose and imposing as he could make it. Maybe he had changed a bit more than in means of sincerity.

"I had become impatient in how things were coming along, as the generators not only were an idea I gave to help the natives, but also for a plan of my own. I was reassured that the project was underway, the developers were simply a bit slow on figuring out the details of it. They were smart, but hardly as smart as the people on this planet. The topic soon changed to their village, and I wondered how long it had taken for them to set up their home beneath the ground. It was here I learned that their second elder Numnn'Nith, The Bold, was responsible for the intricate layout. Back then, there had only been two elders instead of a council of four. We began to walk as we talked about the village's history, and I began to bring up some of my own in the process. I told him that the "clan" I came from was much like the Branack, very ambitious, war-like. In an effort to keep my disguise, I told him of myself in a more roundabout way. I told him of the leader's accomplishments and setbacks, saying that while they were able to bring their clan back from a great defeat, the leader was not as understanding as Flad'Nag, ruling his kin through intimidation and being unable to accept failure from any of his subordinates." Prixlezub explained, sounding a little less than pleased with himself knowing that. "Flad'Nag of course saw fault in the leader's--I mean my own, reasoning."
    Zurg
    Administrator

Administrator

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Zurg on Tue Jul 17, 2012 3:37 am

Well, well, well. Looks like Prixlezub actually had the patience to incite growth within an indigenous population in order to fuel his own needs. Now who did that remind Zurg of? The monarch only chuckled, perhaps recalling his more fonder memories from a dark past recently released from. "It pleases me to hear that you are crafty as you are tenacious," the alien said. "When you were here, claiming to be a King, I had thought the worst. Hearing your words now, however, have given me hope that I was wrong." And here Zurg was glad to be proven so. Also, caves?

"It seems they were starting to accept you as something of a guide." Even after decimating one tribe to the brink of extinction, these natives sounded to be forgiving. Well, with the right amount of influence, naturally. If it were not for Flad'nag then Prixlezub would have been at the mercy of their blades. And if the natives would not have finished the demon, then Prixlezub would yet again be shackled to his imperfect acts of rule. "Hmm..." If the monarch wanted to say something, he didn't. Zurg simply crossed his arms and tilted his head ever-so slightly to the side. He instead let Prixlezub continue until his words ran out, the alien tapping a foot upon the concrete; not out of impatience but thought. What was he thinking about?

Getting numbers together...

Establishing electricity...

Manipulating lasers...?

With a bit of knowledge in circuitry, a plausible power source, and perhaps a bit of ignition fuel... Zurg tapped his arm, everything slowly falling into place and making sense. Prixlezub, in all sense of the word, had somehow managed to create a vessel - a space vessel. How else did the demon reach Portal Breach? Zurg did not spoil the demon's story, though. "You were up to something, Prixlezub. What did you need all of this power for? Planning to make something are you?"

Prixlezub
    Inactive Account

Inactive Account

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    510/510  (510/510)
    Stamina Bar:
    92/92  (92/92)

Post by Prixlezub on Tue Jul 17, 2012 6:26 pm

The alien was right to suspect the demon to be up to something, Prixlezub only tilting his head slightly to allow a mischievous glint to reflect in his eye. While he knew the alien was probably figuring out what was going on by now, the demon prince was not about to cut the story short simply because Zurg figured out the plot. A cloud of dark smoke plumed from his grill as he chuckled softly, pleased himself to hear that the alien was paying attention still and analyzing the whole thing.

"As we continued talking, Flad'nag lead me farther down into the caves, until finally we walked down a dark, deserted looking tunnel. No guards or villagers have walked in there for what seemed to be months from the smell of it. We talked about the differences in leadership, the elder brushing upon the second elder that founded the clan in the caves. Sel'Nenth The Blind was the one who established order in their clan, being a wise and fair leader alongside Numnn'nith. He also told me something very important, a leader that is unable to listen and understand their people, mistakes and all; they are no better than a boulder. A ruthless leader has a much higher risk of rebellion as well, he taught me. At first I had given the argument that a leader who listens too much allows themselves to become a puppet, unable to make decisions on his own. But, he argued back that a leader has "two ears" one that listens to himself and the other which listens to his people. One shall never overpower the other, since they work together." The demon rumbled, finding this all sounded like common sense more than anything he should have needed to learn. Back then though, the prince needed plenty of teaching. "I also had learned that day, that leading is not a question of power or control, but more of helping others through the leader's decisions... The farther we walked, the more I began to notice we kept moving away from the village and towards no real destination in particular. It was then that Flad'nag pulled me to the side for a more personal conversation. Apparently he had caught on through my tone that I was speaking more like one who knew about leadership, instead of a simple guardian. I tried to reassure him that I was indeed a guardian, but by then he was no longer buying my ruse." Ah yes, that was not the most graceful of days for the demon prince.

"He kept pressing until finally I had no choice but to tell him of my true identity. And to my surprise, instead of just rejecting me like I thought he would, he simply said he was disappointed and wished to talk about it. Flad'nag said for all my ingenuity, I tended to drop my guise when something that pertains to my interests comes up." He explained sheepishly, rubbing a claw over the back of his neck. "I suppose I was a little more out of practice than I thought. Anyway, we talked it over to an understanding. However, I was not stupid enough to tell him everything of course, just enough to keep myself in the clear. Once Flad'nag was satisfied with my explanation, I asked if he could teach me a few things about leadership, since my own ways seemed so flawed. I was honored to find he would indeed teach me, since he apparently had seen I had the potential for being a good leader with how I treated his clan. I just needed the proper guidance that my own advisers were unable to give. He spent the rest of our talk giving me a few first lessons on the matter. How to behave correctly, how to view the people; The elements of leadership, as he called it."

Luckily there would be no talking horses in this lesson. The demon prince shifted his weight onto his belly, seeing it fit to lay his head upon his claws as his hide soaked up the sun's rays. "Flad'nag sent me to the other elders to learn about being a leader after he taught me all that he could. I learned from Glin'glim the more aggressive elements of leadership, a new outlook on tactics from Nrog'Aara... To be honest, Glin'glim was right about Sal'Ogel, he said the obvious things and repeated what the others had to say. I did not learn any more from him than I did the others. However, by the time I had finished learning from all the elders, the Branack clan had managed to create a working prototype of a generator. It was quite inefficient, requiring many crystals to power it, but it was a good start. Once they had tested and ensured the generator to be a stable energy supplier, I talked with the elders about arranging a means of returning here. At first they were quite stumped about how to send me back, until I suggested that I leave in a similar fashion the way I arrived. The Branack and Noslot teamed up again in making a craft, using plenty of stone and ore for the paneling. Though, in their effort to try and get me to space, I don't think they thought of how to steer or control the vessel. I never once saw them developing a steering system or any sort of mechanics other than the hull and the engine..." Prixlezub recalled thoughtfully. It was as Flad'nag had said, their clan's name meant resilience, it did not mean they had to be geniuses.
    Zurg
    Administrator

Administrator

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Zurg on Tue Jul 17, 2012 6:52 pm

Hearing all of this only had the monarch shaking his head. Oh, Prixlezub, your head was denser than a black hole. If you had simply asked... Everything the demon spoke of Zurg already knew plenty about; ironic, given how the alien's lifetime was a laughable speck compared to the Prince's millions of years. And yet... How could a creature so vast in time be so stupid? Was it truly arrogance that caused this? Even a most arrogant ruler learned quick in order to ensure their reign, didn't they? Or, was common sense really a thing of the past - a dying art learned only be a dwindling breed.

For whatever purposes only known to the monarch, Zurg kept his arms crossed and his expression stern. He did not exude disappointment; he merely listened and stared at the demon with a critical eye. "These natives, despite their primitive and humble origins, are not so daft and floundering, are they?" This is exactly why the monarch, when he sought more dubious forms of rule in his more rebellious years, did not underestimate backwards peoples so easily.

There was, of course, his brief run-in with the Roswellians; Zurg had researched them prior, however, and ultimately deemed them a Class-II civilization. In other words, a poor defense compared to his inter-planetary might. That was the difference between the alien and the demon now laying down before him. Zurg knew what people were capable of - be they natives or be they a powerful threat beyond the stars. It was folly to boast of one's might without sufficient evidence to support it. And, while the monarch was wont to gloat and commonly overreach, he never truly put himself into any sincere harm. As a seasoned leader he knew better than that, and Prixlezub was finding the hard way that even the most banal of ruling precedents had their useful merits.

"Ah, a steering mechanism would prove useful for what you planned, wouldn't it?" he said, hinting that he knew the demon's endgame. "Unfortunately, such a contraption will require complicated engineering and mathematics. Planets, very much like the solar systems and galaxy they inhabit, do not like to stay still for long. What did you do next?"

Prixlezub
    Inactive Account

Inactive Account

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    510/510  (510/510)
    Stamina Bar:
    92/92  (92/92)

Post by Prixlezub on Tue Jul 17, 2012 9:38 pm

Well Zurg, if you knew the demon well, you would find he was a very, very strange demon. He could learn all the knowledge in the universe, and yet his hubris would still take over his judgement every now and then. It did not exactly help that his mentors for learning leadership all over again the first time happened to be the very demons he created. They were more the mentors of giving the demon the lesser-used teachings of being a leader, and their teachings were hardly used for a reason. As for the elders? Prixlezub noticed Zurg shaking his head, the demon prince knowing what the alien was getting at. "I know Zurg, that I am much greater than you in age, and in that you probably think that I should know just about everything. However, perhaps I should remind you about what happened the first time I was banished to this lesser form? I knew plenty then as well, but when I had been removed from my link with the universe I had been forged from, I had lost all of my knowledge and abilities. It was not as bad this time, but I still needed some assistance." The prince raised a blunt digit to tap at the nose ring upon his snout. "Remember, this does more than simply make me look "punkish" and act as a fun little handle for you to pull."

The demon lowered his paw, resting it on his other arm as he returned to his story. "While the natives were busy building my means of returning home, I sometimes visited the work site to see how they were progressing. And really, I was impressed in how short a time they could throw together a space craft. It took maybe... Two, maybe three months to get it all finished. I spent my waiting time thinking, planning what to do when I got back here. Mainly I planned for what to do with Layla when I returned, before I found out about her unstable mental state. I had already figured that my first home would be gone when I returned, so I decided that I would probably find a new territory when I came back. I had been thinking of perhaps moving a bit north, to the colder climates. The desert was fine and all, but much too crowded for my tastes. There was your factory, Carrie's lab, the rather strange looking shack called Two-Fort... I still liked the idea of having my own area to call home. In fact, I had thought of returning to the planet someday and even making a home there." Prixlezub stated, his expression growing distant for a moment as he thought back to the jungle... And then remembered quite quickly how often it rained. "...Perhaps only as a summer home." He added quicly.

"Once the ship was finally finished, it was easily big enough to hold me, and the engines were estimated to be more than enough to get me off of the planet. While I had been eager to get home, I knew better than to launch right away. I waited until Portal Breach was clear in the night sky once more, and it was then that I asked for the launch to be done. Though, before I went to go home, I left a little something for the natives, deep in the caves. To them it would be nothing but a few intricate runes carved in the stone, but I plan to give it a much greater purpose." Though as for what that purpose was, the demon was not about to tell even the grace. "When the preparations for the launch were complete, I boarded the craft, and returned the Babblefish to Flad'nag after he gave his farewell and a gift of his own. It was a small fetish item of some sort, he said it was something to give clairvoyance, mainly for returning home."

Here, the demon reached up to his rearmost horns, gently unraveling a rather tightly wound string of sinew. He doubted the alien would have taken notice while the prince was telling his story. Besides, it was the only thing that made it back with him intact. Once the strong was unwound, the demon prince lowered it before Zurg, showing off a rather delicate looking, alien skull painted in bright pigments, sinew strung through the eye sockets and fed through the holes of a line of rib bones. Each one seemed to be intricately carved despite the small size of the bones.

"He said it had belonged to him as well, and guided him back home many times." Prixlezub explained. If that was not proof he had been to a primitive planet and back, nothing was. "Once he had given me this, I had went into the ship and they launched me into space. I fell asleep for the rest of the journey to conserve what air was inside. Though, I had thought it would have taken much, much longer to return than it did. I would like to think I simply misjudged the travel time, but I can't help but figure there was something else that had a factor in it. Once I returned home, I went to try and reason with Layla, and the rest you already know." The demon rumbled, rolling his battered shoulders.

Prixlezub's great story had come to a close, the only thing left to do was wait, and hope what he said was enough to placate the ex-villain.

Zurg
    Administrator

Administrator

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Zurg on Wed Jul 18, 2012 12:17 am

His mentors were his own creations? Well, there was the problem! Can't oust your chutzpah if your tutors were just as audacious as you were. Prixlezub, why you demons do things backwards? "Prixlezub, you don't need all the knowledge in the universe for a single drop of common sense," was the tongue-in-cheek reply. After all, if Zurg could learn the most rudimentary strings of rule at the wee age of one (which was about that of a ten-year old human), then Prixlezub had absolutely no excuse! Well... There was that one time the monarch had made a slight political faux pas in front of his mother - but we won't talk about that!

"You no longer have to worry about the wastes," Zurg informed the battered Prince. "There is just your lair out there now; my factory sadly meet its... end." No need to go into more details than just the bare bones. "And in any event, if you go out past the icy tundra there's nothing out there as well. It is quite bleak - perfect for you in case you decide to sleep away your wounds."

So... Prixlezub had fashioned a spaceship as thought. Not a pinnacle of science, but one suitable for the need just enough. Taken much longer? "The planets in this system are... strangely not as distanced as one would find in an actual one." Zurg had discovered this when he made his personal star charts in case he wanted to expand. "I'm sure the flight back home didn't require a vast amount of time on your end. Although I do wonder how your ship managed to find the planet without missing it. Planets orbit a sun, you know. With no steering system it is a near miracle that you didn't end up somewhere else." But that fetish was lovely. Zurg didn't touch it for fear of germs, but he admired it all the same. "You should go back," the monarch suggested. "Maybe one day I will let you borrow a proper ship and you can bring them goods from this world. You did, after all, nearly massacre an entire tribe that showed you an incredible amount of mercy. It'd be only proper of a ruler to show gratitude to another." Within reason, of course~!

The story done at last, this left the alien to close his eyes and think everything over. His seat, the construct, simply clicked in disapproval, clearly wanting to go away from this place. "Well, now that you've explained the past, what shall you do about the present and future?" Those were pretty important.

Zurg was curious to hear of the demon's plan from here on out...

Prixlezub
    Inactive Account

Inactive Account

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    510/510  (510/510)
    Stamina Bar:
    92/92  (92/92)

Post by Prixlezub on Wed Jul 18, 2012 1:03 am

Oho, a faux pas eh? If the demon heard of that, he surely would have been interested in Zurg's little story. Though as for the factory being removed from the wastelands, the demon only nodded. Really he had already known that the factory was gone when he searched for Zurg the first time upon his return, only finding a crater in the sand. His input there? Only a ruse to make it look like he did not know, a test to see what the alien would say. Even then though, knowing that the wastelands were all to himself, figuratively, for now... "I would rather not return to my lair in the desert. I saw what Layla had done to it in my absence, staying there would only bring back what I would rather not think about any longer. The tundra will be my destination after this is through." He admitted, carefully stretching before resting his head upon his claws.

As for somewhere else: "Oh, you mean accidentally landing on your planet? Somehow I doubt that you would even allow room for that sort of error." Prixlezub rumbled jokingly. "Hell, maybe this thing works as Flad'nag said it did." After all, if Zurg is able to scribe a contract into someone's arm, why not a fetish that acts as a guidance system? The natives were still a very vague race, so young. As for comandeering a ship to return, the demon prince shook his head. "I do intend to return someday Zurg, but I'm afraid I will not be using a ship to travel there. I have some plans of my own for the transport. Something a little faster than a spacecraft." He was hinting to the runes upon the ground of course, but not exactly the spell he was using at that very moment. The demon was thinking of something a bit bigger.

When Zurg did pop the question of what the demon prince was going to do after this, Prixlezub thrummed and tapped a digit to his chin, pondering. He had some plans of his own, but what should he tell and what should he keep secret... Ah, well, might as well keep out the obviously uncouth plans. "Presently, I plan to return to the icelands, rest for a while, think. I had a few ideas I wanted to try out regarding my own arcane skills as well. Later on I may go into some studies, read some books regarding technology for once instead of just staring at it." You know, the obvious and mundane. "As for the future, I have a few plans in the works, but you won't get to see them until they are finished." He rumbled, that glint returning to his eyes as he finished.
    Zurg
    Administrator

Administrator

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Zurg on Wed Jul 18, 2012 2:55 am

Don't want his lair? Understandable. "You should demolish it; unleash some of that pent up energy," Zurg suggested. "Or, if you prefer, I can always have it wiped from the landscape with a well-placed satellite strike. Up to you, however." There was no better way to get rid of bad memories than to destroy what caused them. At least the monarch seemed to believe so. And damn straight, Prixlezub. You steer clear of Planet Z lest those defense moons wipe your red ass across the Cosmos. The alien chuckled at this mental what-if, finding it slightly amusing if not morbid.

"So you think to warp across the void." Not an unfamiliar concept but it wasn't always preferred. It was never good to have one's torso in one half of the galaxy and their legs in another. Gates were a bit fickle like that, although the proper calculations should remedy that drawback null.

And Prixlezub, who were you fooling? Zurg eyed the demon, perhaps a bit curious and entertained with something in the Prince's vague words. "I see," he said, not entirely buying that Prixlezub would stick to such... simple goals. Sure, he believed that the demon would return to the ice to rest, but as for reading between the lines? Hardly the obvious and mundane. After all, if the demon was willing to hyper-advance a primitive race for his own needs, something the alien had seen before, then it was very likely that Prixlezub was planning... things. And not entirely innocent things, either. "Well," Zurg began, rubbing his lower grey lip with a finger, "so long as you leave myself and those I care about alone, you may have your stomach back. Your story was the down payment, which is already approved for your credit."

The credit being your word, Prixlezub, that you leave Zurg and his close companions alone. Do we have a deal~? The alien simply smiled, having all day for the demon to decide what he wanted to do.

Prixlezub
    Inactive Account

Inactive Account

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    510/510  (510/510)
    Stamina Bar:
    92/92  (92/92)

Post by Prixlezub on Wed Jul 18, 2012 3:27 am

Zurg please, as if the demon wanted to have anything to do with him after this fiasco. As for the options for getting rid of his old home, the prince mulled it over for a moment before deciding. "I do not want any trace of it left on this planet, and I know just how effective your laser technology is. I will allow you to destroy it, if you choose." Better the devil you know than the one you don't. "I would not trust anyone else for the deed."

Prixlezub quirked a brow slightly as he listened to the alien's assumption for his method of travel. Yes, the demon had been pondering gates, but he wondered what made the monarch so sure about what he was going to do. Though, the demon was not going to question it, he more than likely gave plenty of hints for the alien to pick up on. And the prince picked up on how suspiciously Zurg was looking at him as well. He had every right to think the demon prince was up to something, given that usually he stuck to his magic. But as for anything that would involved the grace? Hardly, Prixlezub already had a few ideas on who to pick up next as a rival.

The demon prince nodded slowly, suppressing a yawn. "Yes, I agree to leave your family alone, I already went over the deal with Lawrence. Besides, you do not seem to be the type I would have as a rival any longer, you have changed too much for my tastes. Once I get re-situated, I'll go and find a new one for myself. Perhaps Doom, he looked promising." The prince rumbled thoughtfully. "Or perhaps I'll have a look at some of the newer villains around, I've been hearing whispers lately."

That is, if the newer villains can prove themselves to be worthy of a rival for him. The prince would not waste his time with some two-bit upstart who has no direction. Or even worse, one with no staying power.
    Zurg
    Administrator

Administrator

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Zurg on Wed Jul 18, 2012 3:51 am

Look at Prixlezub, being all snooty. With a playful snort the monarch rose to his feet and flourished before the demon a mocking bow. "But of course, your highness," he purred like the smoothest silk. "You deserve only the finest sample villainy has to offer." Which would never get much better than Zurg, for he was an aged evil refined to the point it hurt. Literally. But, if the demon insisted... "I do have intelligence on several villains, but you may not be interested in those..." Oh, Zurg, you tease. He chuckled and rubbed both hands together deviously. Ooh, what he wouldn't give to burn some of the competition! A perfect opportunity this - Click, click!

X'ki knew that look and the construct molded back into its usual shape, protesting loudly with irritation.

"Ehhhh, what do you care, huh? They're just outsiders," Zurg reasoned. Naturally the construct agreed, growing silent at the reminder. Looking back to the demon the alien resumed his mischievous grin. "Now, I could suggest Dr. Doom but the crabby-patty isn't reliable. Therefore I suggest... oh, Ridley." The dragon was ambitious but otherwise asking for trouble. That, and Zurg wanted to make sure that no upstart villain endangered the world - if only because of the alien's own concerns. The monarch would say more but giving names away that he wasn't supposed to know would just put a hole in Zurg's ruse. "If I get more intel on the newer arrivals I'll be sure to forward you a few dockets. Consider it for old time's sake, yes? Ha ha ha..." He still had it, baby~! Oh, that's right! Can't forget about the demon's stomach.

With a snap of his fingers the monarch called forth X'ki to the center, the construct now between the two powers. "X'ki," he said. "Relieve the stomach. We are no longer obliged to be its guardians." Knowing better than to argue, the construct did as it was told. As with before on the beach, hundreds of shimmering shards were shattered, a singular gravitation pull spreading the layers out into nine, concentric rings. A penetrative rumble disturbed the air as Zurg gave the alien command, a sudden gust of prickling energy buckling forth into a dimension between dimensions.

Here the gale within the controlled gate was ravenous, power vying to break free and cause havoc. Fortunately the monarch was in control and he rumbled again, a location prompt given. In that instant something was spat out from the pocket void, a heavy trunk with an intriguing lock mechanism. What was inside? The demon must already know. The item given, X'ki collapsed inwardly upon itself and the portal was gone, things as they rightfully were as Zurg pulled out a cumbersome key. "As promised," he said, stooping over the trunk to insert the key, slowly turning its lock. "One ripe... pulsating... demon stomach."

And there it was, in all its disgusting splendour as the lid peeled away... Prixlezub's stomach was now before him, his at last. He need only reach down with a claw and take it.

Prixlezub
    Inactive Account

Inactive Account

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    510/510  (510/510)
    Stamina Bar:
    92/92  (92/92)

Post by Prixlezub on Wed Jul 18, 2012 4:29 am

What was this? An offer to give some forward intel about new villains! The demon prince gave a thoughtful rumble at the prospect, a grin forming upon his maw as the possible applications grew quite sweet. It did not take very long for Prixlezub to make his decision. "I would not mind knowing about who I wish to rival myself with. It would certainly save from running around and wasting time on the lesser ones. I can provide a forwarding address for the information if need be." Prixlezub stated casually. Though, don't think the demon would simply give you his real address in the process. He knew what to give and what not to give. Besides, if Zurg wanted, he could just ask the planet over it anyways.

The demon's brow raised over hearing the name Ridley. It certainly rolled off the tongue, didn't it? Prixlezub felt the name was familiar, but he was not too sure of just who it belonged to... Oh! Of course, the dragon that hung around the sanctuary. While Prixlezub had his fill of the dragons like Arrow and Sygnus before they sort of disappeared, he had never tested the waters with the ambitious pirate lord. Yes, he would have to plan a little something for him. "Hmm, I figured. Doom sort of stayed to himself unless his honor was threatened, now didn't he? I shall have to put some interest into Ridley then if he is as promising as you suggest." He surmised. After all, if Zurg went and suggested him, either it was a trap, or it was actually a pretty good suggestion.

Once the stomach had been produced from the void X'ki had pulled it from, the demon regarded the rather large box, tilting his head incredulously. "Hm, I must give her credit, she made sure it was safe from everything. Though I had thought her more the type to destroy it instead of hide it." He watched as Zurg pulled a large key from his robes as well, unlocking the box to reveal that the organ was indeed intact and still usable. He looked at it for a few moments, a flutter in his gut rising about his throat upon seeing the organ. It had been such a short while, but at the same time it seemed like an eternity he had been in this state. Part of him even began to wonder if it was all real, or simply a dream.

He reached forward gently removing the organ from its confines with one paw, while the other reached down to a rather rocky part of his belly. Upon his hide down there as well was a patch of obsidian, thick enough to keep the blood from spilling out. He glanced over at the alien before turning himself away, deeming it polite to keep the monarch's eyes away from the rather ghastly thing he was about to do. The demon's fingers plunged into the obsidian sealing, stone shattering and crackling as it gave away. As the prince opened up the old wound, thick clots of fiery blood oozed out onto the blacktop, bubbling and boiling with heat. Prixlezub's jaw clenched shut as he opened the wound a bit wider, until it was large enough for him to place the organ back in. There was a sickening pop as the stomach was replaced, the demon's body going to work with reattaching the thick membranes that kept in place.

As for the rest of him though, he still needed some food, fresh meat more specifically. The prince got to his feet once the organ was secure inside of him, turning to face the purple alien. He looked for a while, as if to ponder, the prince's face unreadable for a few moments. Suddenly, the prince leaned forward, until his grill was just a few centimeter's from the man's face. The prince's maw opened, the fiery innards beginning to boil again already, a wave of heat rolling out like an oven. He moved his head up, looking as if to swallow the alien whole, and then...! He gave Zurg a small, affectionate nip on the head, right on the dorsal ridge.

"Thank you." Prixlezub rumbled lowly, gently pressing his grill to the cloth as well in a small nuzzle before finally pulling away.

A bit awkward, but it was how he did things.

Zurg
    Administrator

Administrator

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Zurg on Wed Jul 18, 2012 9:01 am

Thought that would get the demon's attention. Hey, if Prixlezub figured he could knock a few of those wannabes down a few pegs on the hierarchical totem pole then Zurg was all for it. "Good, good..." Zurg had himself a throaty chuckle, loving every moment of this. The monarch may not be evilly-aligned anymore, but that didn't mean he couldn't help out an old friend - as unorthodox as this friendship was. "I will be sure to send you what I know; any address you give me is good enough." And asking the planet would be an invasion of privacy! Besides, with Prixlezub's fat rump it wasn't too hard to find the Prince out of a city filled with millions. Like finding a Jo-Adian in a weight watchers convention.

"Layla probably thought to keep it as some trophy, or a trinket to lord over your weakened state," Zurg figured. Leverage was leverage and if you destroyed your leverage then that was one less advantage in your pocket. That's at least how the alien saw it.

As for the disgusting reattachment of the stomach... Zurg made a face and tried to hold in his breakfast, the monarch slightly sickened. Thank the Cosmos that Prixlezub had the decency to turn away because that was just gross. Oh, Cosmos... Prixlezub was digging into his own belly. A hand automatically went to the alien's abdomen and he shook his head, finding the sounds just revolting to listen to. "I suppose that's one way of doing your own surgery..." he mumbled. Personally the monarch would take a rock to the skull or a chemical anesthesia anyway of this!

But, as quickly as the process had come about the deed was done. Prixlezub now had his stomach back and the alien was freed from all contracts pertaining to the carmorph demons. Although... why was the Prince eyeballing Zurg as if he were some tasty guppy? "Hey... Hey, don't look at me like that," the monarch remarked, shaking a hand protectively. "I wouldn't taste great baked." But apparently Prixlezub was and as the Prince stooped forth, that oven-like maw damn near baking the monarch in his suit... Death never came. Instead, Zurg found himself a nip... Yes, a nip on the top of his bare head. When the nuzzle came the alien's body gave slightly, rocking back and forth at Prixlezub's display of affection. Naturally the alien, as well as his construct, remained there, baffled. It wasn't until Zurg's eyes slooooooooooooooooowly trained themselves upon the demon's did the monarch respond.

"Did you just... kiss me?" he asked. There was an awkward pause but soon the monarch found something silly to say with a dorky smile. "Not bad. You warmth tickles me in places I didn't even know, but Jo's kisses are better. Keep up the practice, though." Ah! But he should return the departing display, no? Holding out his hands and rolling up his suit's sleeves, Zurg issued another rumbling command. Like a coating of reflective shards, the construct shattered itself into hundreds of segments, many of those quickly attaching themselves to the monarch's fingertips and working their way down his forearm like a metallic jigsaw puzzle. Soon enough Zurg now had himself a pair of plated gauntlets, very much like the ones he used to wore, and the alien reached out to scratch Prixlezub's chin.

Sssrk! Ssschhh!

Little sparks flared out as a result of the contact, but Prixlezub would find that these gauntlets scratched like the most sharpened knife. Clearly the metal here was of a much higher caliber. "For old time's sake," was how the monarch rationalized this fond act. Who knows? Maybe Prixlezub had been secretly craving scratchies for over several months~? Oh, and speaking of banishment... "I, the Ninth Grace of the Ninth Age, hereby release Prixlezub, Prince of Fire, free of his shame."

Ssssss..... BAM!

A tremendous noise split the air near Prixlezub's cursed arm, and the foreign rune that had plagued him for so long hardened into a blackened callous. Once it cooled, the ooze on longer running down the demon, it flared brilliantly a single time before shattering into a thousand pieces. A plume of ash was all that was left, the curse's remains gently carried upon the wind and soon... no more. Prixlezub was free and so was the monarch.

"You are free to go," Zurg said with a slight smile. It was neither antagonistic or goading - instead it was a bit sad and, perhaps... approving. Was he becoming upset? "You're free to go," the monarch repeated, giving the demon's grill a lighthearted push away. "So go already! Go on, git, git. You've got things to do, villains to crush! Get out of here before I get all... sappy and incredibly oafish." Go before the monarch becomes a blubbering, hot mess!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Feb 17, 2018 6:03 pm