Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    620/620  (620/620)
    Stamina Bar:
    114/114  (114/114)

Re: Allies are Just Dirty Traitors that Haven't Betrayed You Yet

Post by Bun-Bun on Sun Jul 15, 2012 10:59 am

Ah, those were the days! Staring from the kid's closet with an evil smile on his face while they peed their pants. Those were a great THIRTY YEARS doing that...

Back in reality, however, things weren't such a pleasure. He just got pounced on by the bobcat!

Bonkers wrote:”You know you really shouldn’t be hanging out in alleys! They’re dangerous! You didn’t get in trouble, did you?”

And, who was he to tell him where to and where not to go at night? The rabbit goes wherever he pleases!

Kev wrote:"Oh hi Bonkers! Nope, no trouble!"

Well, if there certainly was no trouble in that alley, there would certainly be trouble out here. That bobcat has some explaining to do. But instead, the opposite happened. Bonkers wanted them to explain what was going on in there, which was strictly none of his business, but Kev then blabbered away and, aw geez! He mentioned the two of them hugging! Forget whether they were friends or not, that was embarrassing enough as it is.

"Hey, this... thing has no right to know what we were doing in there!" he snapped at his new friend. At first, he managed to warm up to Kev for a little bit, but now he's all hardened up again, thanks to Bonkers (as if there was a dramatic difference between the way he was acting here compared to in that alley anyway). He turned his attention back to the bobcat, still keeping his glare. "And what did you think you were doing watching us in there?" he yelled, about to walk over and strangle the bobcat, but instead gave Bonkers a skeptical look of his own and crossed his arms. Since when are people interested in what goes on in alleys anyway?

Unfortunately, Bun-Bun had no idea that he was underestimating the naive bobcat, who just so happened to be a former cop in his world AND here in Portal City. Maybe if he knew, he would've been more careful with what he said. Then again, there wasn't any real crime happening in there; just a few shoves here and there.

There were more questions to be asked like "What did you see in there?" and "How long have you been watching?" but when thinking about it, he didn't want the bobcat to get the wrong assumption and he just discarded the questions. Besides, he could’ve just been minding his own business and stumbled upon their conversation unintentionally. Either that... or KEV BROUGHT HIM HERE AS AN ATTEMPT TO GET BUN-BUN MORE FRIENDS! Yep. This is just what he needs; some more “friends”. Bun-Bun gave Kev a light whack at the arm.

“Did you bring him here, too?!”

And we’re back to the paranoia again.

Bonkers
    Inactive Account

Inactive Account

Level : 32

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    370/370  (370/370)
    Stamina Bar:
    64/64  (64/64)

Post by Bonkers on Sun Jul 15, 2012 5:52 pm

You thought you were paranoid? Well you certainly could still take some lessons from Mushu.

Actually, the bobcat would have LOVED if Kev had brought him here to make new FRIENDS! Bonkers loved making friends! But as things were – all of it was just a (lucky) coincidence.
    The toon couldn’t help but chuckle at the Kryptowatchamacallit’s explanation. Oh Kevvy – why, of course this was alright. This is you we are talking/thinking about here after all. Bonkers was fairly sure Kev couldn’t – and if he could simply wouldn’t hurt a fly.

Bun-Bun however, didn’t seem to be so glad to see him. That was weird… and puzzling.
    "Hey, this... thing has no right to know what we were doing in there!"
    “Bobcat” Bonkers corrected nonchalantly. Funny how you didn’t know that Bun-Bun… you know, with the food-chain and all? “But I guess that’s okay, there aren’t too many toon lynxes out there. Bunnies and Mice seem to be more common.” He nudged the fellow animated character with a wink.

"And what did you think you were doing watching us in there?"
    Bonkers let out a little sigh and his posture slumped a bit as that frown refused to leave Bun-Bun’s expression. You know, it really didn’t suit such a cute face!
    “Cheer up, Long Ears” Wait, I think we’re in the wrong movie here, “I was just passing through and wanted to make sure that you weren’t in trouble.” Hey, come on, Bun-Bun – even though you weren’t on the Breach for long now, you were prone to getting into some, admit it!
    Speaking of which…
    “Well, I gotta admit I didn’t know it was you until you stepped out of that alley; it is kinda dark in there, you see?”
    As if to make a point the bobcat gestured at the alley and shrugged, trying his best to look as trustworthy as possible.
    Kev

Level : 60

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Kev on Mon Jul 16, 2012 5:17 am

Bonkers indeed seemed to understand, and any suspicion he might have had definitely seemed to be gone! "Its really good to see you again Bonkers, how have you been?" Leaving out the disbanding would be the smartest thing to do.

Bun-Bun wrote:"Hey, this... thing has no right to know what we were doing in there!"

He turned back to Bun-Bun. Oh they had been doing so well, now look at him. Angrier than Thomas when communists were mentioned! "Well, it was either 'Tell him we were doing, which was in no way bad, or let him come to his OWN conclusions, which might be more embarrassing then a simple hug."

Bun-Bun demanded to know why Bonkers had been watching them, and it seemed the bobcat was likewise worried about Bun-Bun's safety! Was there an odd friendship in the works here? Although of course, as Bonkers said, it was hard to see in there, and he'd probably be worried about anyone in a dark alley, alone.

Bun-Bun wrote:“Did you bring him here, too?!”

A thwack on the arm and an accusatory question. He looked down and crossed his arms. "Of course I didn't bring him here! I haven't even seen the guy in a while! And if I brought him here, he would have known it was us in the alley, instead of thinking we were a criminal and a victim!" Please don't relapse when they've just become friends, Bun-Bun! You were doing so...well you weren't killing him at least!

Bun-Bun
    Inactive Account

Inactive Account

Level : 57

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    620/620  (620/620)
    Stamina Bar:
    114/114  (114/114)

Post by Bun-Bun on Mon Jul 16, 2012 8:26 am

And just as quickly the door was opened; it was closed once again as Bun-Bun lost his little trust for Kev and let his own insane little accusations get the best of him.

Kev wrote:"Of course I didn't bring him here! I haven't even seen the guy in a while! And if I brought him here, he would have known it was us in the alley, instead of thinking we were a criminal and a victim!"

“Oh yeah? And how would I know you didn’t tell him to say that and make it look like he just happened to stumble upon that alley!?” It was a trick up his sleeve that he knew too well, for he played it all the time for personal gain. Trying to manipulate a situation into something that it wasn’t was almost the equivalent as Jack O’ Lantern and his pranks. He won’t be easily fooled. Not this time.

And how did he know Bun-Bun was embarrassed about that hug? Last time Bun-Bun recalled, he said nothing at all about hugs out loud and that just lead to more reasons to lash out. He quickly forgot about Bonkers when he started to bellow some more. “And I how did you know I was thinking about that hug, huh, HUH!?” Bun-Bun started to get himself all in Kev’s face, not even caring if Bonkers was watching or not. “I don’t care if you’re a telepathic alien or not! If we’re going to work together, YOU STAY OUT OF MY THOUGHTS, YA GOT THAT!?” What Bun-Bun forgot was that Kev had already mentioned the hug to Bonkers, which just made him look even crazier. He looked back to find Bonkers still standing there.

“And you!” he began to bark at the bobcat. “Like I’m scared of some alley! There’s nothing but trash in there!” It was true. All that was in that smelly alley were piles of garbage bags with flies buzzing around them. Just ask Kev!

Bonkers wrote:“I was just passing through and wanted to make sure that you weren’t in trouble.”
    Who did these people think they were, thinking about his safety and shit? Bun-Bun LOVED to stir up trouble! It was almost second-nature to him. Almost…

The fact that they were worried about him just agitated him even more. He was fine, for crying out loud! They’re like a pair or safety freak parents who tried to protect their child from all the evils of the world because he looked just too adorable for them to imagine him getting corrupted.

“I’m sick of the both of you acting like you’re my mommy! Why don’t you two stay out of my business and LEAVE ME ALONE!” he then stormed back into the alley in a fit of anger, mumbling some inaudible gibberish as he walked.

Who needs friends? Who needs allies? He certainly didn’t. He could take on this crapsack of a city all by himself!

Last edited by Bun-Bun on Mon Jul 16, 2012 9:54 am; edited 1 time in total

Bonkers
    Inactive Account

Inactive Account

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    370/370  (370/370)
    Stamina Bar:
    64/64  (64/64)

Post by Bonkers on Mon Jul 16, 2012 9:18 am

“Oh I’ve been red and green – recently Molly even painted me pink.” The bobcat grinned, pointing at a spot on his arm that somehow still sported some leftover paint. But anything was better than being blue or… you know, grey.

"Well, it was either 'Tell him we were doing, which was in no way bad, or let him come to his OWN conclusions, which might be more embarrassing then a simple hug."
    Oh come on, Kevvy – Bonkers was PG rated, it couldn’t have been too bad right?
    Then again… embarrassing might just have BEEN the fitting term for this. Oh the mind of a toon, the mind of a toon…

Bonkers watched the two of them banter away for a moment, idly tilting his head at them.

"Of course I didn't bring him here! I haven't even seen the guy in a while! And if I brought him here, he would have known it was us in the alley, instead of thinking we were a criminal and a victim!"
    “Oh yeah? And how would I know you didn’t tell him to say that and make it look like he just happened to stumble upon that alley!?”

“Yeah!” Bonkers rounded on Kev as well, “Why didn’t you tell me to say that? Huh?! Come one, spill!
    Not helping Bonkers, not helping.

The toon pressed his index finger on Kev’s chest in playful accusation as if to pry the right answer out of him when Bun-Bun began to address him again.
    “And you!”
    Bonkers’s ears perked immediately and in one fluid motion he turned to look at the bunny.
    “Like I’m scared of some alley! There’s nothing but trash in there!”
    Bonkers stood idly, blinked a few times and then glanced past Bun-Bun to get a look at the alley again.
    “Oookaaay, so maybe I see your point.”

“I’m sick of the both of you acting like you’re my mommy! Why don’t you two stay out of my business and LEAVE ME ALONE!”

“But Bun-Bun!” the bobcat called after his buddy terrified, quickly bounding after him “It’s smelly in there! And the flies might eat you!”
    Don’t deny it! Flies were CRAZY for sugar! And who could blame them?

Kev

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Kev on Tue Jul 17, 2012 12:49 am

Bun-Bun wrote:“Oh yeah? And how would I know you didn’t tell him to say that and make it look like he just happened to stumble upon that alley!?”

Kev's arms slowly made their way to the sides of his head, staring at Bun-Bun. Shocked. Stunned. Full of fuck. Really Bun-Bun? Really? "As if I could be that convoluted! That makes no sense! That sounds like a stupid plan that wouldn't get me anywhere!"

Bonkers wrote:“Yeah! Why didn’t you tell me to say that? Huh?! Come on, spill!

"...What?" Kev cocked his head at Bonkers. No...no really, what? Was he on Kev's side or Bun-Bun's? "I didn't tell you to say that because I didn't know you were coming to the alley."

Bun-Bun wrote: “And how did you know I was thinking about that hug, huh, HUH!?”

"I didn't! I didn't SAY you were thinking about that hug! I just said his 'conclusion' might have been more embarrassing than just us hugging! Two guys, alone in the alley...you can see how that'd be misconstrued, right?" Kev argued back, getting very frustrated with this bunny. He was just looking for reasons to yell now!

Bun-Bun wrote:“I don’t care if you’re a telepathic alien or not! If we’re going to work together, YOU STAY OUT OF MY THOUGHTS, YA GOT THAT!?”

Kev's pupils narrowed into slits at the accusation. "And if WE'RE going to work together and actually DO SOMETHING, you're going to have to TRUST ME!" He rubbed his forehead with the brunt of his palm, groaning. "I would NEVER invade your thoughts! Or anyone's! The one time I tried, it was scary as heck and I stayed out ever since! JUST BECAUSE I'M TELEPATHIC DOESN'T MEAN I DON'T HAVE SENSE ABOUT HOW TO USE MY POWERS CORRECTLY! I was taught how to use them by my people, and Gods damn it, I don't care if they're all dead, I'm going to respect the ways of my culture when it comes to that!" He took a step back from Bun-Bun, glaring as he turned to yell at Bonkers.

That accusation really hurt. He had always been responsible and tried to be as noninvasive as he could with his telepathy. And with his 'suggestion' power, there had only been one time he had abused it and he had been an emotional wreck at the time, and he still felt bad about it. The only times he had ever invaded another's mind with the intent of making them do something for him had been in fights or spars, against an opponent or battling dangerous demons and the like.

Bun-Bun wrote:“I’m sick of the both of you acting like you’re my mommy! Why don’t you two stay out of my business and LEAVE ME ALONE!”

And down he went, back into the alley, secluding himself and muttering to himself angrily. "If I only had hair, I'd rip some out right now..." He mumbled to himself, before facing the retreating rabbit's form.

"Bun-Bun, please! You're obviously not thinking straight!" He groaned again and clenched his fists. "You wanna know what I'm sick of?! I'm sick of you trying to find reasons to hate and distrust me! You can't just convince yourself that I'm trying to hurt you! I..we just want to help! We want to be your FRIENDS. But you know what?"

With an indignant sniff, Kev turned on his heel. "If you're not willing to even work this out, then wish granted! You can't be friends for a minute than decide that they can't be trusted! I can't do all the work in this friendship, Bun-Bun! You have to be willing to work with me! But obviously, you'd rather be alone. You'd rather push people away and make them hate you, then let down some walls and give people a chance."

He glanced back. "I'm not asking you to immediately trust us, and become some type of...of odd little family. I'm just asking that you not DIStrust us like this! Not to make up some plan or idea that I couldn't come up with if I tried! Find you, get you to drag me into an alley, then have Bonkers come upon us? And do WHAT, exactly?" He sighed heavily.

"And we were doing so well too...y-you..you even said the 'f'-word..."
    Bun-Bun
    Inactive Account

Inactive Account

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    620/620  (620/620)
    Stamina Bar:
    114/114  (114/114)

Post by Bun-Bun on Tue Jul 17, 2012 9:53 am

He stomped through the alley on a fit of blistering rage. How could his new so-called friend lie to him like that? You can't be friends with someone for only a minute and then start to break trust like that. What kind of sick monster would do that!?

Bun-Bun leaned against one of the walls at the end of the alley and rubbed his temples, trying to gather his thoughts together. Geez, what was Kev's problem? He didn't even do anything. Maybe both of them calming down would probably be the best thing. Either that... Or KEV CALMS DOWN FIRST.

What ever happened to understanding one another? The truth was that he was trying. He was trying pretty hard, actually. He really wanted Kev with him more than anything at this point. No one else would help him in a world where everyone has brains; Bonkers not as much as the rest of them, but with the history of being a cop, he definitely couldn't be trusted either. Getting out of this paranoid habit was going to be a lot harder than he thought.

The little trust he used and it got hurt again. Why try to trust people? It was a lot more painful now than to just take on the world on his own; even if the whole world was out to despise and kill him. They just simply didn't understand. They never did.

Just up ahead, he could see Bonkers running up to him.

Bonkers wrote:"But Bun-Bun, it's smelly in there and the flies might eat you."

Oh well, at least he cared.

"What are you doing in here, kid?" the rabbit asked, his anger toned down a bit. He didn't want to scare the bobcat off too. Now that he was here though, it would be a really great time to ask him a question.

"Hey, you don't think I'm a bad person, do you?" He looked like the kind of person that could easily think he was misunderstood when he was really just a jerk who knew nothing about friendship. Maybe if Kev abandons him, he could use Bonkers instead?

There was no doubt that Bun-Bun desperately needed an ally. ANY ALLY WOULD DO! He knew that his life was trickling down by the minute the longer he went without one, and that it wouldn't be long before he'd be hanging out in the Pool of Souls because the truth was the he really was weak. He's been in denial about it for so long, but it was finally time to drop the ego claiming to say that he was invincible and just face the harsh, bitter reality; he was weak, and he will die here.
    Kev wrote:
    "Bun-Bun, please! You're obviously not thinking straight! You wanna know what I'm sick of?! I'm sick of you trying to find reasons to hate and distrust me! You can't just convince yourself that I'm trying to hurt you! I..we just want to help! We want to be your FRIENDS. But you know what?"

"I'm not asking you to immediately trust us, and become some type of...of odd little family. I'm just asking that you not DIStrust us like this! Not to make up some plan or idea that I couldn't come up with if I tried! Find you, get you to drag me into an alley, then have Bonkers come upon us? And do WHAT, exactly?"

"And we were doing so well too...y-you..you even said the 'f'-word..."

He heard Kev's speech playing his head, just to make him feel more like an antagonistic asshole. He wanted him to shut up so he could be alone with his own thoughts, but the speech still lingered on until a vicious growl slipped out from him and he emerged from the shadows once more.

"Oh Kev, you're going to be eating that foot when I'm done with you!" he growled as walked over to Kev, who looked as he was almost about to walk away. Was he really thinking of abandoning Bun-Bun? Maybe he was misconstruing with that too. Just like with everything else.

"IS THIS WHAT YOU WANT!?" he screeched at him, hoping that he caught his attention. "YOU SAY I DON'T UNDERSTAND, MAYBE YOU DON'T UNDERSTAND! I'M TRYING, KEV! I'M TRYING AS HARD AS I CAN TO GIVE YOU A CHANCE! YOU THINK MAKING AND KEEPING FRIENDS IS EASY!? WELL, IT'S NOT EASY FOR EVERYONE, ESPECIALLY NOT FOR ME!" That was true, too. Besides lacking the basic ability to socialize without the use of bullying tactics, either he would get cut or he'll cut them for his own personal gain. There never was any actual friendship going on unless the person was helpful to Bun-Bun, and this time, that really was the case.

"I NEED YOU, KEV, AND I WANT TO BE YOUR FRIEND AND WORK THIS STUPID THING OUT JUST AS MUCH AS YOU DO! I CAN’T HELP THAT I’M A JERK, IT’S WHO I AM!" and not one word was choked on. He just forcefully bit at it and swallowed it all in one whole. It made him sound desperate, but that's because he was. They could’ve ended this. They could’ve all came to an agreement and go on about their busy lives, if only his paranoia didn’t get the best of him. He wanted help and he wanted someone to help him, but there’s always something holding him back; whether it’d be his ego or his asshole persona. The point was that he didn’t ask for this. None of them did.

Bun-Bun took a second to catch his breath and calm his temper before facing towards the alley and continuing on. “And if you won’t take the time to accept that and just abandon me like the rest of the city, then fine! Come on, Bonkers. We could still be friends, right?” he said then beckoned to the bobcat as he walked to follow him inside.

Last edited by Bun-Bun on Tue Jul 17, 2012 12:18 pm; edited 1 time in total

Bonkers
    Inactive Account

Inactive Account

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    370/370  (370/370)
    Stamina Bar:
    64/64  (64/64)

Post by Bonkers on Tue Jul 17, 2012 11:54 am

"I didn't! I didn't SAY you were thinking about that hug! I just said his 'conclusion' might have been more embarrassing than just us hugging! Two guys, alone in the alley...you can see how that'd be misconstrued, right?"
    Bonkers scratched his head confusedly. “How?” he eventually questioned. Ya, maybe he shouldn’t butt in there like this, but he was curious. And PG rated. He couldn’t really think past the ‘criminal and victim’ part. Heck, he didn’t even know where human-babies came from.

Also, he didn’t quite get what the whole mind-reading ruckus was about. The toon more often than not either drew a blank or wanted his thoughts to be shared – he even bubbled them up for people to view them at times. The kids on the orphanage especially seemed to love this!
    What he did see though was that whatever it was that he had missed out on, the situation was quickly deteriorating!

As it was, Bonkers had followed Bun-Bun into the alley, where it was dark and smelly and… oh there he was.
    "Hey, you don't think I'm a bad person, do you?"
    The toon gave the bunny a sympathetic, if slightly bewildered look.
    “I haven’t seen you do anything bad yet.” Yeah, he’d just had a fight with Kev, but… that is what friends did sometimes! You should have seen some of the quarrels he had with Lucky already.
    Besides… Bonkers believed that there was no such thing as bad people to start with. Of course having worked on the police he knew that there were people that did bad things, but never before did he have to deal with down to the core bad people. See, even the Evil Emperor who had once attacked them and hospitalized basically the whole Police Force (sans the Chief) had made him this pretty green pullover he was wearing now! And the Mr. Dr. Drakken owned a bakery! People can’t be bad if they appreciate candy, can they?
    That wasn’t to say that Bonkers, too, couldn’t hold grudges if you pushed him too much, but if he did, then they never lasted for long.
    Speaking of which… yes… grudges.

"Oh Kev, you're going to be eating that foot when I'm done with you!"
    The toon watched the bunny march out again and cringed when it suddenly began to shout all over. He idly followed the little fella, giving Kev a sympathizing look until Bun-Bun eventually turned to him.
    “And if you won’t take the time to accept that and just abandon me like the rest of the city, then fine! Come on, Bonkers. We could still be friends, right?”
    Wait… WHAT?
    In a sudden flash of panic the bobcat grabbed the bunny below its armpits and lifted it up, much like you would hold a puppy or a small animal and for a second, clasped a hand over his mouth. Hey, he didn’t curse, I know, but now it was time to listen – and he wanted to make sure the marshmallow bunny would not interrupt him before he was done!
    “Wait a second, Kev!” the bobcat called after him, “I don’t quite know what I apparently interrupted here but… please don’t go.”
    Bun-Bun couldn’t just abandon one for the other, because this was NOT how friendship worked! They had to work this out somehow – together!

“Bun-Bun,” the bobcat then cooed, sat down on the ground and pulled the rabbit to sit on his lap. Maybe the little guy had said more than he meant to, but that might have just been the indication they needed. Instinctively the toon stroked the rabbit’s head – he knew that HE liked it when people did that to him – and in a calm voice (hey, he was pretty close to those sensitive rabbit ears, you know?) he agreed, “You’re right. Friendship isn’t easy.” Well, maybe that wasn’t quite so believable coming from Bonkers – he was pretty much friends with half the Breach.
    “Sure, maybe you are loud, maybe you are obnoxious, maybe you are a selfish jerk,” …not helping Bonkers, “But that’s who you are and that’s what people should like you for.” At this he lifted the bunny up again and turned the little guy so he would face him, “And not someone that you pretend to be.” Take it from him – he was an actor.
    “Ain’t that right, Kev?”

Well wasn’t this ever rhetoric. Of course it was right! A lot of great people did say so already. William Shakespeare, Johann von Goethe, Oscar Wilde, that one guy from Hellboy, Homer...
    During his short philosophy trip however, there was one quote that the bobcat missed out on…

"Be yourself" is about the worst advice you can give some people. ~Tom Masson
    Kev

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Kev on Tue Jul 17, 2012 5:20 pm

Bonkers wrote:“How?”

"..." Bonkers, how could you be such an adorable awkward turtle in the middle of a fight? "Um...you know how when a guy and a girl like each other they...kiss? Well sometimes, two guys can do that! And two girls! And seeing to guys hugging each other in the alley.." This was getting really really awkward. Really fast. But at least it was distracting him from the fight!

Bun-Bun wrote:"Oh Kev, you're going to be eating that foot when I'm done with you!"

At least he came back out of the alley! But now he looked like he was going to be beating him up or something. "But I don't have a mouth to eat my foot..." He sheepishly added, backing against a wall.

Bun-Bun wrote:[b]"IS THIS WHAT YOU WANT!? YOU SAY I DON'T UNDERSTAND, MAYBE YOU DON'T UNDERSTAND! I'M TRYING, KEV! I'M TRYING AS HARD AS I CAN TO GIVE YOU A CHANCE! YOU THINK MAKING AND KEEPING FRIENDS IS EASY!? WELL, IT'S NOT EASY FOR EVERYONE, ESPECIALLY NOT FOR ME!"

"I DO understand that....I've been friends with tons of different types of people. Some of them have tried to kill me! Some of them sorta hated me while being my friend, because like you, they had issues with trust and stuff!" Or er...issues with murdering. But damn it if Barry hadn't been a fun guy to be friends with. Kev's body slid against the wall until he was in a sitting position, now really eye to eye with the angry bunny.

Bun-Bun wrote:"I NEED YOU, KEV, AND I WANT TO BE YOUR FRIEND AND WORK THIS STUPID THING OUT JUST AS MUCH AS YOU DO! I CAN’T HELP THAT I’M A JERK, IT’S WHO I AM!"

His big eyes got even bigger at his admission. He...needed him? "I need you too...and that's okay if you're a jerk! I've been friends with tons of jerks!~ I-its just....no one's turned on me so fast like you just did. And I'm trying to get my point across, that I am not betraying you right now, and I won't do it tomorrow or the next day!"

Bun-Bun wrote:“And if you won’t take the time to accept that and just abandon me like the rest of the city, then fine! Come on, Bonkers. We could still be friends, right?”

Bonkers wrote:“Wait a second, Kev! I don’t quite know what I apparently interrupted here but… please don’t go.”

"But I wasn't! I was gonna go away and leave him alone! Like he told me to, might I add?" Tulsit...friends for less than a day and already replaced by Bonkers. He looked at the bunny, captured up in Bonker's hands, and looked him in the eyes. "I'm sorry...me losing my temper didn't help our fight at all. I'm trying too..."

Bonkers wrote:“Sure, maybe you are loud, maybe you are obnoxious, maybe you are a selfish jerk, But that’s who you are and that’s what people should like you for. And not someone that you pretend to be.”

Huh! Wow. Wouldn't have figured Bonkers could sound so...wise. He propped his head up in his hand. Maybe Bonkers and Bun-Bun WOULD be a better friendship then himself and Bun-Bun. Bonkers scarcely got mad, so he could never make things worse in a fight.

Bonkers wrote:“Ain’t that right, Kev?”

..He was including Kev in this discussion? But the two of them were just friends now, right...? Unless...maybe they could make this work out, with the three of them? It'd been done before, hadn't it?

"Yeah...that's completely right. I don't want to change you Bun-Bun, I LIKE that you are loud and obnoxious! You don't take crap from anyone, and you say what's on your mind! An admirable trait, in my opinion! The only thing I want to change is your trust. I want to be your friend too. And again...I'm sorry. You were trying, but I was trying too! I've never had someone accuse me of things before I do anything."

His gaze went to the dirty ground. "If you're really, really worried about me being in your thoughts..I think I have an idea. See, my telepathy can't go through aluminum foil! So when we're around each other and you don't want to talk, you can put some foil on your head, and you'll know for sure that I'm not invading your mind." Friendships were made of compromises.
    Bun-Bun
    Inactive Account

Inactive Account

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    620/620  (620/620)
    Stamina Bar:
    114/114  (114/114)

Post by Bun-Bun on Tue Jul 17, 2012 6:32 pm

He was fuming once more as Bonkers picked him up and held him up like a puppy. It was just plain instinct to freak out when being held like that. His loud voice was muffled quite dramatically thanks to that hand of Bonkers's it was muffled to the point where everything just sounded like complete gibberish because the pitches changed rapidly as he ranted. After a minute, he tried to calm himself and get a little bit of tolerance for the guy. After all, what's the worst this kid could do?

First, Bonkers tried to get Kev to stay and then Bonkers surprisingly turned his attention over to Bun-Bun.

Bonkers wrote:“Sure, maybe you are loud, maybe you are obnoxious, maybe you are a selfish jerk, But that’s who you are and that’s what people should like you for. And not someone that you pretend to be.”

Hey, the kid had a point there. Bun-Bun could've easily have tricked Kev into being his friend simply by putting teardrops in his eyes and faking out an entire moment to gain Kev's sympathy, but instead he acted like the jerk that he was without any second thought about it, whatsoever.

"Hey, I like this kid! Someone should go get this kid a medal!" He then gave Bonkers a grin, his brows were a bit furrowed, making it look like an evil smile, but it was still a sincere smile, nonetheless.

Kev wrote:"Yeah...that's completely right. I don't want to change you Bun-Bun, I LIKE that you are loud and obnoxious!

He say whut now?

No one with half brain likes Bun-Bun jerkass behavior. How do they put it with it was literally beyond him.

Kev wrote:"You don't take crap from anyone, and you say what's on your mind! An admirable trait, in my opinion! The only thing I want to change is your trust. I want to be your friend too. And again...I'm sorry. You were trying, but I was trying too! I've never had someone accuse me of things before I do anything."

"Really? No one's ever...admired me like you have before." It was a really shocking thing for him as he really wasn't accustomed to being complimented like this - unless he forced them to compliment him and bow down to all of his evil glory. MAYBE IT'S A TRICK. Aww, shut up, paranoia! Bun-Bun was quick to swat the wave of paranoia away. He didn't want to start up another fight with them.

Kev wrote:"If you're really, really worried about me being in your thoughts..I think I have an idea. See, my telepathy can't go through aluminum foil! So when we're around each other and you don't want to talk, you can put some foil on your head, and you'll know for sure that I'm not invading your mind."

Well, that didn't sound like a bad idea making an aluminum foil hat, but wouldn't that be kinda stupid looking? He could always try it out in his room at the Inn, though. It's not like aluminum foil is dangerous or anything.

"Hey, I didn't mean to snap on you like that. I got paranoid. Maybe we could come to a compromise between the three of us."

BLEGH! Apologies. How pathetic.

Oh well, it's all for the motivation of creating an alliance, right?

Bonkers
    Inactive Account

Inactive Account

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    370/370  (370/370)
    Stamina Bar:
    64/64  (64/64)

Post by Bonkers on Tue Jul 17, 2012 6:57 pm

"Hey, I like this kid! Someone should go get this kid a medal!"
    “Thank you!” the bobcat chirped, a big, shiny smile on his face. And look! Bun-Bun even smiled back! Awwwwww.

Needless to say… Bonkers was VERY relieved that the situation relaxed like it did, so he sat the rabbit down and let himself drop back a bit, watching the two of them settle what was left to be said with that warm fuzzy feeling of accomplishment in his tummy.

And don’t you worry so much about the aluminum hat. Bonkers will help if you want to! He can make you a really fancy alien mask! …Or just stuff out a cappy with it, if you prefer it to be less obvious.

"Hey, I didn't mean to snap on you like that. I got paranoid. Maybe we could come to a compromise between the three of us."
    That’s when the toon’s ears perked and he sat up straight again, seemingly excited like a child on Christmas.
    “Nontaken!” he blurted immediately and then went to give Bun-Bun the hug of his lifetime.

Come on Kevvy! Group hug!
    Kev

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Kev on Wed Jul 18, 2012 1:20 am

Bun-Bun's suggestion wasn't half bad! Bonkers could have the 'Best Mediator' award. And even better, Bun-Bun seemed to be calming down! Amazing how things can heat up so quickly, and smooth over just as quickly. At least they got their first fight out of the way.

Bun-Bun wrote:"Really? No one's ever...admired me like you have before."

Kev stood back up, a warm look at the bunny and the bobcat. He shrugged. "What can I say? I'm an odd little alien like that." He really did admire the rabbit's unadulterated jerkiness. It was very useful in keeping him from being a doormat. Bun-Bun would be such a soft doormat...

Bun-Bun wrote:"Hey, I didn't mean to snap on you like that. I got paranoid. Maybe we could come to a compromise between the three of us."

"That sounds like a great idea, Bun-Bun! And its fine. I should have explained myself better." He waved his hand dismissively, before snickering as Bonkers grabbed Bun-Bun into a hug. He wouldn't mind a group hug, right? Kev sneakily got closer and wrapped his arms around Bonkers, who had his around Bun-Bun.

"I think this could be the start of a very great threesome!...Alliance. Threesome alliance."
    Bun-Bun
    Inactive Account

Inactive Account

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    620/620  (620/620)
    Stamina Bar:
    114/114  (114/114)

Post by Bun-Bun on Wed Jul 18, 2012 2:09 pm

Obviously, he had been joking about the whole "medal" thing. It's not everyday when you see idiots actually do productive things.

As soon as they came to a compromise, Bonkers and Kev immediately pulled Bun-Bun into a great big group hug. Great. More cuddling... It was hard to tolerate, but if he was going to get these idiots to work for him, he had to at least try a little bit to work with them.

Kev wrote: "I think this could be the start of a very great threesome!"

"What!?" the rabbit barked. Okay that's it, no more snuggling time. Kev just flat out destroyed it now.

Kev wrote:"...Alliance. Threesome alliance."

"That's what I thought you meant." Okay, now the cuddling was really over. Bun-Bun wiggled out to loosen their grasp before shoving them both, almost instantly knocking them over. He stood up and stared down upon them as they sat back up again. "All right, let's get down to business, shall we?"

The explanation of how the alliance would work was that only Bun-Bun was to call the shots and they were to carry out all tasks assigned to them by Bun-Bun without any ands, ifs, or buts. They were harsh rules, but it wasn't like Bun-Bun cared. He couldn't do all the work in this alliance, you know.

"And just one last thing," Bun-Bun said, grabbing a piece of paper and scribbling something on it before giving it to Bonkers and Kev. It had a room number for one of the rooms at the Stock Pot Inn; room 203 to be exact. Yeah yeah, he's got a room there. Beats melting in the dumpster.

"That is the place we'll be meeting up at until I find myself another suitable hideout somewhere outside of the city. If you lose it, then I wish you bozos good luck trying to find me. Got that?" He was being very inconsiderate about the fact that there were two of them sitting there and that meant only one of them could have his address. Well, there was only one sheet of paper laying around.

"Good! And now since we've pretty much covered everything, I should be on my way." and just like that he swaggered out of the alley and into the dark streets of the young night.

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED!

Current date/time is Sun Nov 19, 2017 11:11 am