Health Bar:
    510/510  (510/510)
    Stamina Bar:
    92/92  (92/92)

Enemy of my Enemy

Post by Prixlezub on Thu Jun 28, 2012 8:49 pm

Time: 2:30 PM
    Date: May 28th, 2012

Ah yes, the bustling city; crowded, cramped and above all hot. Between the sun beaming down upon the asphalt and the heat radiating off of person and machine alike, it seemed the only real escape was to take refuge in the small restaurants and drink shops. The ones that had working cooling systems, anyway. Though, despite the heat, one could find some of the more stubborn of citizens walking about, dressed for the weather and no doubt with some sort of drink in hand if they were sensible. Among them, or more, above them stalked a creature who was equally as stubborn against the heat as any of the others. In fact, one could say that the heat was his very element. The shimmering waves of air rolling from the tops of the baking buildings seemed to move with a breeze that did not readily exist, steam from exhaust stacks rolling and tumbling around an invisible form. Every now and then it would pause, looking down from their lofty perch to observe the citizens, not that any would have the sense to look up.

Behind the translucent cloak, six dull eyes roved about, searching for a certain someone in the crowd. He knew that the robot came around here, the demon figuring that the one who was closest to his rival would no doubt share similarities. After all, what else attracted another than knowing them like themselves? Even the prince's generals had a little of the demon prince in them, though warranted, given he had basically created them. But, that was beside the point. He knew that the one he was looking for would be here, and it was only a matter of time before he showed up.

Still looming upon the rooftops, the shrouded demon prince kept his vigilant gaze upon the streets below. He did not want to miss when that familiar shimmer popped up in his sights...
    Lawrence

Level : 60

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Re: Enemy of my Enemy

Post by Lawrence on Thu Jun 28, 2012 9:21 pm

Augh, why was it so bloody hot? Lawrence could tolerate it better than most organics, but his coolant systems were still running in overdrive as he made his way down the streets of Portal City. He had been in the park for a while, trying to people-watch, but between the sun and the humidity there really wasn't much happening there. Eventually he got bored and started to head back towards Jo's house, but he would have to traverse the rest of the Rec District in order to get home.

Flying there would be undoubtedly quicker, but at the moment, the butler didn't feel like taxing his systems that much. Besides that, he would rather keep it reserved for battles or other circumstances where he would truly need to move fast. No, right now, he was content to just walk the whole way home. It was easier to observe the crazy organics also out in this heat this way, too.

Speaking of observing, call it intuition or maybe just his very easily alerted survival protocols, but Lawrence was getting the distinct feeling he was being watched. He paused for a moment, glanced around, but then kept walking. The butler would probably seem as if he thought he was imagining things, but those who knew him well would notice he was still on his guard.
    Prixlezub
    Inactive Account

Inactive Account

Level : 46

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    510/510  (510/510)
    Stamina Bar:
    92/92  (92/92)

Post by Prixlezub on Fri Jun 29, 2012 3:06 pm

The prince's gaze passed over the moving crowds once more, his dull eyes continuing to search vigilantly until... There. That unmistakable shimmer of black and silver paint caught Prixlezub's eyes, the demon watching silently as the butler made his way through the streets. And with this heat, the demon figured that the window he had was small. Even constructs like the butler could be plagued with the summer heat. But, the prince could not help but furrow his brow as he saw Lawrence glance around. He knew he was being watched, simply pulling him out of the crowd would be no easy task if he had a brain within that nanotech paneling.

But, the prince knew the favored bait of this particular fish.

Quickly moving across the rooftops, the demon prince found an alley up ahead of the robot. His large body had to twist a bit to drop down into the passage, but it worked nonetheless. Using the walls of the buildings for leverage, the prince ensured his descent would not be noticeable, his hooves and paws making only a small tremor as he climbed down into the darkened alleyway. The demon's shroud flickered slightly in the darkness, shimmering like a ripple in water as all four of his limbs made contact with the new ground. He had to work quickly, the robot would probably pass by here soon if he figured things right. Looking around, Prixlezub caught sight of something particularly useful scrounging about the garbage cans. Not a bum, but a dog. A particularly scrawny one at that, weak and perfect for what he needed. Before the dog could so much as yelp, the demon had scooped up the poor creature within his plated claws, one holding the animal still while the other was fast at work carving a dominating rune upon it's bony head.

A swipe of his claw later, and the mutt's eyes went dead and glazed, the fight removed from its body as the animal was forced to submission. Behind the demon's cloaking magic, he grinned as he set about the next phase of his plan, letting his claws circle about the dog as he set it on the pavement, dark smoke seeming to curl from his fingertips and enshroud the animal. It did not take long for the prince to decide what he wanted, the smoke quickly molding and changing the dog's form into something more familiar.

A set of green robes, curling horns, and a dab of red for the eyes. What stood there now in the alleyway was no longer a beast, but a man of tall stature, looking ahead silently at an invisible entity. The prince's memory, as many would find, was quite accurate when he felt like it. Right down to the smallest stitch in the robes and the veil across the man's face.

Retreating back into the alley, the demon manipulated his new puppet to walk out towards the street, making sure the robot would be able to see it clear as day.
    Lawrence

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Lawrence on Fri Jun 29, 2012 10:26 pm

Lawrence kept walking, the sense that he was being watched fading a little bit but not entirely going away. Whatever it was, it was probably still around, but maybe not eyeballing him directly at the moment. He relaxed only slightly, but kept moving.

Eventually, he noticed someone had just stepped out from an alleyway up ahead of him, and... it was Zurg? The butler stopped short, not entirely sure of what to do. It certainly looked like Zurg, from the horns to the robes, but why the blazes would he be out in this weather? Lawrence knew the alien had a very low tolerance for heat; if the temperatures climbed too high Zurg would be in danger of passing out or worse. His first thought would have been to run over to him and make sure he was all right, but something about this still felt wrong.

Because something still seemed off, then, was the reason why Lawrence queried his Quantum Actuator. As his skill at using his temporal hardware grew, he had discovered he could keep track of a person's thread in the timeline if he wished. Now, he couldn't do this for everyone; he didn't have enough processing power for one thing, and for another there were very few people he cared about enough to even want to keep an eye on this way. Still, this ability told him that Zurg was supposed to be back at Jo's house, and not right there in front of him.

So, a copy, or an illusion. It seemed someone wanted Lawrence's attention . . . well, they certainly had it now. This was probably a trap, but in the interest of getting this over with, he was going to just spring it anyway and see what happened. Odds were he wouldn't be left alone until he did. There were appearances to uphold, however, and so the butler acted as he was initially going to, running up to 'Zurg' and fussing a bit over him. "Zurg? Why in the world are you out here; I thought you said you could not tolerate these high temperatures?"
    Prixlezub
    Inactive Account

Inactive Account

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    510/510  (510/510)
    Stamina Bar:
    92/92  (92/92)

Post by Prixlezub on Fri Jun 29, 2012 11:54 pm

"Good afternoon, Lawrence." The copy rumbled as the butler drew near, "I have been looking for you. It is very hot out here, yes, but I have a few tricks of my own to beat the heat." The demon's illusion beckoned the robot with a hand, gliding down into the alleyway. "Come, I have found quite the interesting shop back here." The Zurg copy spoke softly, though there was something of a tinge of excitement in its voice.

Without another word, "Zurg" was on the move, gliding across the ground a little ahead of the butler, but never quickly enough to leave him behind. The tall figure moved past trash bins, litter, seeming to ignore the rancid smells that wafted from the walls, no doubt of urine and vomit, maybe alcohol as well. Deeper and deeper into the narrow passage he lead, his gaze never faltering from the path laid before him. Though of course, such a small strange detail would not be of consequence. The butler was bright enough to have already seen through the ruse before it even began. And really, the demon felt that from what information he could glean from his newest, canine thrall.

Better to reel the butler in the rest of the way before he lost interest in the bait.

After a few minutes of walking, the tall figure stopped at a dead end. A few doors lay on both walls, belonging to their respective shops, but nothing that seemed very much alluding to the sort of store the "alien" had mentioned earlier. Pausing for a moment, the figure reached a hand up and rubbed his thumb and forefinger across the veil thoughtfully, taking a few more steps forward and looking around. The illusion's bare feet wiggled their toes against the hardened ground, before turning and looking at the butler, its face as calm as ever.

"Hmm, perhaps I had gotten the directions wrong..." It spoke softly, hands now clasped behind its back. "But I feel what you will find here is much more to your interest. That is, if you have any similarity to your employer." The illusion's voice turned deeper, more menacing much like a certain someone the butler dealt with a long time ago.

The illusion's form began to waver, tendrils of smoke curling from the alien robes that grew thicker and thicker, until finally the whole figure was but a cloud of smoke. It billowed and wafted about on the breeze, before finally fading to reveal the mangy dog with dull, glazed over eyes. And if the robot looked closely, he could see the fresh rune engraved upon its head. The dog staggered sluggishly to the side, before slumping against a wall, tongue lolling out as it panted from the heat.

There was a shimmer in the air from the alleyway before him, a set of dull, burning eyes glowing briefly before fading back behind the cloaking again.

"Greetings, Lawrence." The prince spoke, keeping himself hidden. "I figured you would have been more willing to follow a familiar face." He added, keeping still as he regarded the butler. "Ah, but leading you here is hardly the full extent of my purpose in this place. In fact, I wish to make you a proposal, a rather profitable one at that."
    Lawrence

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Lawrence on Sat Jun 30, 2012 1:09 am

It would seem the copy sounded just like Zurg would, speaking with Lawrence about an interesting shop he found. Of course it just happened to be down this alleyway he'd just emerged from. Right. Well, the butler decided he was going to go along with this, so he followed the copy to wherever it would lead him. The path wound further back into the alleyway, past trash bins, stinking piles of litter and Orvus knew what else, until finally they reached a dead end. There were a few doors to shops back here, but nothing that the real Zurg would have found as interesting.

Oh no, this was certainly the destination, and soon enough whoever saw fit to lure the robot here decided to dispense with the ruse. The copy's voice changed, sounding less like Zurg's and more like a certain demon that Lawrence remembered all too well. Finally the illusion began to break down, vanishing in tendrils of black smoke and revealing the scruffy looking dog that served as an anchor for said magic. Noting the rune on the dog's head, the butler's optics narrowed. More plots involving demons, and quite frankly he was tired of them already.

The brief flash of glowing eyes only confirmed the identity of the one before him, though they didn't quite seem as bright as usual. With that, Lawrence spoke, a somewhat flat look aimed in the direction those eyes were staring at him from. "Prixlezub. Since you've gone to all this effort, I will hear you out. However, I alone will decide whether or not your proposal truly is profitable."
    Prixlezub
    Inactive Account

Inactive Account

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    510/510  (510/510)
    Stamina Bar:
    92/92  (92/92)

Post by Prixlezub on Sat Jun 30, 2012 1:49 am

Hmph, the robot certainly sounded much like his alien employer. The robot would notice a dull groan of metal as the demon shifted his weight behind the veil, as plates of armor ground against each other and the walls. Though, the prince himself would make no noise of discomfort, not while the robot was around. Prixlezub gave a dull chuckle at the robot's flat look, smoke curling from his grill and maw.

"Oh, I assure you, it will be most profitable." The demon rumbled, curling his claws beneath his chest. "You know of the demoness, Layla, I presume. You two had fought a while back, and from what I hear, you two seem to be quite the rivals." He began, speaking of the memory warmly. "And as her rival, you no doubt have noticed some changes in her, yes? A rather sharp drop in her mental senses, a tendency to stay to darker hours of the day, along with perhaps a preference to conflict instead of reason." The demon's tone dropped as he went on, more clinical and sober.

"You are a smart creature, else my own rival would not have you working for him. You know just as well as I do that she has been deteriorating." Prixlezub stated, his brow furrowing behind both veil and helm. "Her mind is slipping, Lawrence, a side effect to not keeping her element in check. She will keep spiraling into this madness, and you know as well as I do, that as she loses more and more of her reasoning, the higher the risk she will go after you and your family, since you are close to her, in a sense." Do you see where this is going, keeper of time? "While to you, this is nothing more than an inconvenience, to me it is something more. She cannot continue to live like this, both a danger to herself and others, as well as a shade of what she used to be. Trying to reason with her is folly, as your rival, as well as my wife, are no longer there."

Here, the demon paused, allowing his words to sink in, as well as to briefly reflect before going any further. The demon knew that the robot would no doubt be piqued by the mention of his rival, but as for him actually agreeing to the demon's proposal? Well, that would be determined on the robot's actual relationship with the demoness, now wouldn't it?

"I plan to destroy her before she gets any worse in her condition." He pointedly stated, "But while in the past I would have been able to accomplish the deed myself, there are complications. Has she revealed the locomotogephor to you at all? They are monstrous creatures, many times the size of me and most of these buildings, Strong enough to destroy them without effort as well. She has enlisted the aid of one, and he is quite stubborn in his loyalty. Along with this..." The prince trailed off, as if pondering for a moment, before the veil shimmered again.

And it fell.

Before Lawrence, he would see the demon prince sitting before him, but hardly in his glory. Dark, metallic plates covered his body from head to tail, and his mane, which was once full and bright... Was but a small flicker of blue upon his neck and tail. And if the robot decided to take a glance downwards, he would find a pool of fiery blood forming under the demon's chest, with fresh drops trickling from the seams in his armor. Whatever had happened to the demon, it seemed to take quite a toll on him, even his breathing sounded a tad labored as smoke, along with a few drops of blood, pooled from his maw and grill.

"I am not in the best of states to accomplish her execution." He finished, dull eyes peering down at Lawrence through his helm.
    Lawrence

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Lawrence on Sat Jun 30, 2012 5:57 am

True to his word, Lawrence stood there and listened to what the demon prince had to say. Indeed, he had noticed a change in Layla, but honestly hadn't thought things were truly that bad. But then he remembered the incident a little over a week prior, where simply asking how the demoness was doing started an argument and then an actual fight in the middle of the Sanctuary. Layla's words during that fight... Prixlezub spoke the truth, but the risk that the demoness would attack the butler's loved ones was quite high, given that she already implied the thought occurred to her.

The moment she implied that was the moment Lawrence considered her a threat to be eliminated, rather than a rival or sparring partner. There was a faint pang of sadness that made its way through his systems, though. He thought Layla was interesting, and perhaps had the potential to be more than a mere rival, but it looked like that wasn't meant to be. It seemed the best thing he could do for her was what the demon prince looked to be suggesting.

Prixlezub went on, finally just stating his intent to kill Layla before she deteriorated any further. Apparently to even attempt that would have certain difficulties, given the demoness's condition, and the fact she gained an ally. Yes, he remembered that other demon from the encounter on the coast. It wouldn't be fun fighting that thing to say the least, but it might be worth it if that meant all of this would just end. Then there was the prince's own condition to consider, as he dropped the cloaking spell he currently had up, revealing to the robot just how badly injured he was. The fiery mane was barely a blaze, and molten blood was seeping through the seams in the demon's armor.

Lawrence couldn't help but sigh a bit when the prince finished speaking. Anyone else might have gloated a bit, and inwardly he did feel a little smug, but overall he just felt tired. "So, a mercy kill, then? At least you are intelligent enough to realize you may not have the strength to do so on your own, given her ally. Yes, I've seen this locomotogephor, it was he that delivered something to my former master for safekeeping . . . he was quite the fearsome beast. Having to deal with both of them at once in your condition would be a tall order indeed."

At that, the butler paused to consider, but he already knew what his answer would be. "I will assist you, but as with everything else there is a price. Once the battle is won, you will leave myself and my family in peace. Zurg and I are retired from the evil business now, aside from these last few loose ends of yours. After this, I have no desire to be involved in any more demonic scheming."

That was the butler's price, and the demon would find dissuading him from it an exercise in futility. Honestly, it could be a lot worse, now couldn't it?
    Prixlezub
    Inactive Account

Inactive Account

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    510/510  (510/510)
    Stamina Bar:
    92/92  (92/92)

Post by Prixlezub on Sat Jun 30, 2012 6:03 pm

"Just as I thought." The demon rumbled, smoke curling from beneath his helm. "That thing he delivered, is the very detail that is keeping me from being able to do this on my own." He explained curtly, teeth partially bared in an irritated snarl. Though, the irritation was not directed at the butler, but more at the alien he worked for. If he had not been involved in any of this, it would have made things much less complicated. Instead, here he was, held together with panels and bolts, dealing with one of his underlings.

The prince listened to Lawrence's terms for his part of the agreement, his brow furrowing beneath his helm as he thought it over. The butler had every right to ask the demon to leave him and his family alone, after everything the prince had put them through, but... The demon still found himself shaking his head, a low rumble shaking the air. "I cannot accept your terms, Lawrence." He began slowly. "Zurg, even if he has resigned from his work, is still considered a target if he decides to keep what he has taken. If you have seen the locomotogephor, then you know exactly of what I speak. He may be your family, but if he intends to keep something of mine, then he must face the consequences. It would be the same for me if I took something of his that was irreplaceable. Once I get back what is mine, then I will leave both Zurg and his family out of my affairs." The prince's voice was as stern as his position on the matter, and just as unyeilding.

Did the butler really think Prixlezub would just overlook the fact Zurg had his stomach of all things and just let them go? Please, the prince knew better than that. Either the alien gave him back the organ, or the alien would have to deal with the demon who wanted it.

Lawrence

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Lawrence on Sat Jun 30, 2012 10:16 pm

Lawrence tried not to scowl as the prince rejected his terms. So, whatever it was in that box was that irreplaceable to Prixlezub? The robot still wasn't sure what the thing was, he had observed the exchange from the confines of a shuttle at an altitude high enough that the train demon wouldn't detect it. It was kind of hard to notice details, but from the heat readings he remembered getting, maybe it was an actual part of the demon? In any case, it left the two of them at an impasse; the butler had no intention of asking for anything else, and the prince wanted his item back.

Or was it truly an impasse? Even if Lawrence had retired from the evil business, he was still handy with a good scheme every now and then. He ran a few scenarios through his processors, and when he came up with something to his liking, he finally smirked a bit. "Wait a moment. Any deal Zurg struck with Layla will likely have similar conditions to the ones I am asking for, namely to leave himself and his family unharmed. If she were to so much as raise a claw to me, then her end of the contract is null and void. If she has deteriorated as badly as you've stated, I doubt she will remember that."

A slight pause, and then the butler continued, getting to the good part. "After that, Zurg would no longer be bound to guard your item. I'm sure he would be glad to return it, so long as you swore to not trouble us again. You will need to be patient, but this should work out well for all three of us."
    Prixlezub
    Inactive Account

Inactive Account

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    510/510  (510/510)
    Stamina Bar:
    92/92  (92/92)

Post by Prixlezub on Sat Jun 30, 2012 10:54 pm

While he butler's smirk was off-putting to the demon prince, he could not help but see reason within his words. After all, it made sense that she would have to agree to similar terms, since that would be the only thing that the alien would really want of them. They had no incredible funds, nothing of real interest besides a few rather incredible hunting trophies, and even then, the man had everything he wanted in the first place. The only thing left that needed to be attained, was a sense of security. Prixlezub puffed a rather thick cloud of smoke from his grill as he pondered Lawrence's explanation, eyeing him with a scrutiny.

The robot could be telling the truth, but at the same time, the prince knew all too well that he could be simply putting a story in his head to screw him over. If he agreed, there was still a chance that the robot could be lying all along, and he would be without one of his vital organs. But, at the same time, who said that word was law in the first place? Even if the butler did manage to lie, and the alien withheld what he wanted, there was nothing that prevented the demon prince from hunting him down and making him pay for such a slight, now was there. Though, on the other hand... If the butler suspected, he could very well just choose to finish him off after the battle was won. Perhaps even use that staff he had that Layla once mentioned to him before this mess.

At this, the demon furrowed his brow, another plume of smoke, laced with embers rolling from his grill. He knew quite well how this could easily turn to a double edged sword, and that smirk the robot wore helped none of it. Prixlezub needed to ensure that this turned out in his favor.

"I'm sure he would be." The prince rumbled finally. "Though at the same time, how can I be sure you will not take advantage after the battle is over and won? I am all too familiar with the temporary partnership gone sour, and seeing the very demon who had caused your family so much grief in a fatigued, weakened position seems very... Tempting."

Yes, he knew that the butler could have simply killed him right then and there if he wanted to, though he figured Lawrence would be more efficient than that. After all, why settle for killing off one, when you could kill of all three threats in one place?
    Lawrence

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Lawrence on Sun Jul 01, 2012 1:35 am

And there was the rub. What would keep Lawrence from just going ahead and killing Prixlezub at the end of the fight? In another time and place, yes, that proposition would have been very tempting indeed. In fact, his survival protocols would likely urge him to do just that, to finish the demon. However, he could resist his programming easily now, and quite frankly he was tired of death.

The robot seemed to mull it over for a moment and then nodded. "Yes, I can see your point. That is quite tempting . . . but why waste the energy? You are definitely a threat, but there is something different about you now. Perhaps you learned a few things during your long absence? In any case, you seem a bit more likely to honor your word about leaving us alone. What happened between us is in the past; as long as you do not give me a new reason to want to end you, you have nothing to worry about."

There was some small part of Lawrence that felt he was getting soft, but as per usual, he ignored it.
    Prixlezub
    Inactive Account

Inactive Account

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    510/510  (510/510)
    Stamina Bar:
    92/92  (92/92)

Post by Prixlezub on Sun Jul 01, 2012 2:33 am

Well, well, at least someone managed to notice something different about the demon other than his appearance. Prixlezub listened and thought over the butler's reassurance, quirking a brow behind the plating of his helm when he mentioned that the prince seemed more likely to honor an agreement. Whether that was a genuine observation of a subtly concealed threat, the demon kept that judgement to himself, instead focusing more on whether or not the butler would actually stay true to what he said, instead of dropping the song and dance once the music stopped. He looked long and hard at the robot before him, eyes flaring for just a moment to a bright orange instead of their usual dull shade of pink.

"Perhaps it would be a waste of energy to kill me, and perhaps not." The prince rumbled lowly, leaning forward so the robot looked him directly in the eye. "Either way, if I sense any foul play on your part, I will not hesitate to end you before you do the same to me." He warned, smoke pluming from his grill and maw.

The demon straightened, suppressing a cough that welled in his throat, though blood still managed to crawl past it and trickle down the corner of his maw. There was a grating sound like gravel in a blender as he cleared his throat, embers and thick clouds of black smoke billowing from his grill. While perhaps before he would have scolded himself for showing the vulnerability of his state, this Prixlezub was not so shy to show it if it gained him some help. Plus, it was hard to hold that one back, the blood in his belly was starting to well up into his throat again.

"If you understand this, we have a deal, Lawrence-ahuaghk!" There was a sputter as the prince felt that familiar nausea setting in, his head dipping down and blood dripping from his grill. "Ergh, I think... You may wish to turn away..." He rumbled, sounding like he was suppressing something.

Quickly, the demon grabbed a nearby dumpster, throwing open the lid and opening his maw wide. If the butler had turned away, he most likely would have heard the heavy gush of liquid as Prixlezub was put at the mercy of his wounds. Clots of thick blood rained into the dumpster bin, settling the thankfully empty container aflame. The demon heaved and coughed a few moments more, before closing the lid and shoving it aside. The demon raised his forearm over his maw, shielding his 'guest' from the remaining blood as he coughed and cleared his throat. Once his little crisis was over, the demon settled back on the ground, leaning to the side some to keep the pressure off of his belly.

"I apologize, it is a symptom of my current circumstance." He rumbled, though he seemed more alleviated than embarrassed. "But, that is beside the point. If we are to execute Layla, we cannot show up there at the same time. She needs to think she is in control first, and then strike her down when she least expects it. If anything, she feels right now that she is the top predator here with her current contacts, especially the locomotogephor. I will go in and keep her distracted, and you would do best to keep up and away until there is a window of opportunity." The demon paused in his tactics, pondering over any loose ends. After a few seconds, he continued. "Another thing to keep in mind, Lawrence. If we wish to win this, Layla must be the target of interest. The other demon is simply a follower, as strong as he is. If we kill her first, Blainstrrghtokk will most likely just leave upon seeing the demoness has been defeated. Unlike her, he still retains his reasoning, though sadly he is not as learned in our kind as some others."

Lawrence

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Lawrence on Sun Jul 01, 2012 8:27 am

Lawrence did not turn away, though in the next few seconds he almost wished he had. Whatever was wrong with Prixlezub had the demon coughing up his own blood into the dumpster he grabbed. Whatever it was Zurg sealed away probably had something to do with that. The butler did not ask if the demon was all right when the coughing fit ended, knowing full well that the answer would be 'no'.

Instead, Lawrence allowed the demon to offer his strategy. It was quite a sound one, which only confirmed that there indeed had been a change in the prince, no doubt as a result of the fall from grace he suffered. It was not long ago when Prixlezub's fighting methods had consisted mostly of sheer brute force. "Yes, I believe we do have a deal, and your strategy is a good one. Overconfidence leads to mistakes, and mistakes can be exploited for all they're worth. I will focus my efforts on Layla, as you've asked, unless the other demon forces me to defend myself."
    Prixlezub
    Inactive Account

Inactive Account

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    510/510  (510/510)
    Stamina Bar:
    92/92  (92/92)

Post by Prixlezub on Sun Jul 01, 2012 6:16 pm

"Good, good." The prince rumbled, nodding his head in affirmation. "You seem to understand the strategy, and our agreement has been settled. I don't think there is anything left to discuss." He stated thoughtfully, tapping a metallic claw against the blacktop as if in pondering. After reaffirming in his mind that there was indeed nothing left that needed to be said, the prince turned his gaze back down to the butler. How interesting was it, that the robot who served the ex-evil emperor, would prove to be more help than the alien himself? Here the demon thought he would have to spend a few hours trying to get the robot to help him, or to leave without any aid. Perhaps the alien's hold over his subjects was not as firm as the demon thought it to be.

"I thank you for taking the time to listen, Lawrence." Prixlezub said appreciatively as he got to his feet, metal plates groaning as it rubbed against each other. "Farewell, and be careful."

The demon stepped over Lawrence as he made his way out of the dead end alleyway. His absence leaving a pit of molten tar and asphalt where he once lay, and a fresh trail of bubbling, burning blacktop from under his hooves as he walked. Though, Lawrence would find the prince starting to fade, literally, into the distance. His cloaking magic built up around him, no trace of smoke nor hide visible from the demon prince as he disappeared. Even his usual foot prints seemed to be subdued from the magic. Once he cleared the small passage, he got down on his haunches, before springing upon the walls of the building next to him, digging his claws in as he climbed on top of it, brick and cement dust spilling down onto the ground below. His tail swished and arced as he made it up, clearing what dust remained to reveal an empty ledge, mildly scarred with claw marks and impact prints from his hooves, but to anyone passing, they would not know immediately that it was the demon prince who had climbed the structure.

Prixlezub gave but a glance behind him to make sure he went unnoticed, before trotting across the rooftops, the populace oblivious to the behemoth above them. Save for a select few.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Feb 25, 2018 6:35 am