Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Re: Looking For a Decent Bed

Post by Impa on Sat Jul 14, 2012 12:58 am

Impa waited patiently as Chell placed her notepad against the wall and moved to write a message to her. Her red eyes quickly scanned the first presented message, and the Sheikah barely had time to shake her head slightly to the former test subject (conveying that her helping her had not been a problem) before she was waiting on a second message to be added to that one. She did catch the very slight caution in Chell's body language when she showed her the added message, but once she saw what it read, Impa's expression simply softened.

"It was no trouble at all today. I am just glad that I was able to help you out… and as I said, I am always around if you need me," stated Impa, nodding to Chell. She did truly mean that, for even if she was not always at the inn, she would be happy to help the newest arrival in town with anything she needed. She couldn't quite place her finger on it, even with as perceptive as she was, but the Sheikah had a feeling that she would be seeing her new companion around quite a bit in the near future. Pausing for a moment before replying to Chell's second message, Impa then added, "I appreciate the offer, but I can assure you that you don't need to do anything to repay me. You appeared to be in need of assistance, I happened to be around, and I just wanted to help. It's all right, I promise."

The Sage of Shadow truly meant that. Whilst she did think it was quite kind of Chell to offer a way to pay her back, Impa did not feel that she needed to be paid back. After all, she wasn't Link, but it had always been in her nature to help those in need where she was able. That was just a part of who she was.
    Chell
    Gigabyte

Gigabyte

Level : 25

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    35/35  (35/35)
    Health Bar:
    310/310  (310/310)
    Stamina Bar:
    50/50  (50/50)

Post by Chell on Mon Jul 16, 2012 11:18 pm

The former test subject simply stared as Impa turned down her offer for repayment, although a keen-eyed observer may have noticed a slight surprise to her demeanor, and a quizzical, barely noticeable tilt of her head. So she... really didn't want anything? Nothing at all? Granted, Chell didn't really have anything in her possession to pay anyone back with at the moment (outside of maybe the companion cube, and that was staying rrrrright here with her for now, thank you), but she couldn't say she was used genuine acts of kindness. Insults, sure, and certain "you scratch my back, I'll scratch yours" types of scenarios had been a running theme throughout her life, but helping someone just for the sake of helping was an entirely new concept to her. It was almost enough to raise a few alarm bells, and she was nearly tempted to press the issue, but Chell got the vague feeling this was something her companion would refuse to budge on.

Maybe she was just experiencing that little thing called 'selflessness.'

Slowly nodding in understanding now, the woman turned her attention back to the door, unable to suppress a few fluttery jolts of anticipation at the thought of seeing her very own space for the first time. Not that she wanted build it up too much of course, but honestly, having any place to call her own was a good enough cause for excitement in her books at this point. After unlocking the door, she picked up her companion cube and gingerly stepped in, although not without turning and shooting Impa one last glance. After giving her next actions what appeared to be a moment of careful consideration, she gave her companion a wave, coupled with a faint smile. Tired as it was, it was still genuine, and she hoped the Shiekah would see that.
    Impa
    Stock Pot Inn Staff

Stock Pot Inn Staff

Level : 60

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Impa on Thu Jul 19, 2012 10:25 pm

Impa could tell that her having turned down Chell's offer of paying her back for all of the assistance today had confused and surprised the former test subject, but she kept her own gaze steady. She did value that the woman had thought to offer to repay her, but really, to the Sheikah, there was no need for her to. If nothing else, she couldn't think of anything she really could do to repay her, now or even in the near future. Chell's inner voice might have thought that this was something new to her, being some experience with the idea of selflessness, and that was exactly what Impa had striven to do.

Smiling slightly at Chell's nod, Impa returned that with a nod of her own, watching as the woman then turned to look back to the door that was now her very own. The Sheikah was ready to say her goodbyes as the former test subject moved to start to enter her new room, but before she could say anything, Chell glanced back to her with a wave and a smile. The slight smile had signs of tiredness behind it, but it was a true one, and thus one that Impa was very glad to see. Broadening her own smile and returning the wave, Impa said, "I will see you later. Take care, Chell."

At that, she turned to walk back down the hall towards the lobby. With the rest of the day ahead of her, the Sage of Shadow was ready to meet whatever happened to come up next.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Jan 21, 2018 9:39 pm