Portal Breach: The Collision of Worlds :: v.4.0

One shop in a convenient location, please.

Aya Valentine
    Champion of the Ss'ruul
    Champion of the Ss'ruul

Level : 48

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    55/55  (55/55)
    Health Bar:
    530/530  (530/530)
    Stamina Bar:
    96/96  (96/96)

One shop in a convenient location, please.

Post by Aya Valentine on Tue Jun 05, 2012 9:15 am

Time: 9:00am
    Date: Tuesday June 05 , 2012

Certainly this venture was going to occur eventually, moving the boutique somewhere into the city to have profit added along with the steady income she received from working as a secretary. But like always on Portal Breach, nothing ever went according to plan. The Police Force was dissolved, no thanks to a few individuals whom had left a good bit of people jobless. The nerve of some people. So Aya had to pick up the pace on the plan and hurry it along before her money ran out, she had some expensive needs unlike those lucky living people.

Lucky enough there wasn't any sun today but a light rain shower, which still gave her cause to carry about her umbrella. Peeking out from under the cover she saw there were not very many out today, a perfectly pleasant thing for her, Aya found she no longer really had patience for people very much anymore. Oh her friends were welcome company along with a odd few others but any father then that? No mind or time for them. Stepping carefully on the sidewalk, minding puddles as she went she down the block, looking for empty buildings to purchase for the new shop location. But not only was the shop getting a wonderful new home but a nice new name too boot, but the new name? Strictly under wraps, she hadn't told a soul about it.

Aya slowed her pace eventually stopping at the street corner. Lifting her arm she turned her wrist over to look at her watch a few minutes after nine. The Draculina looked back up to the street. She was waiting for Jake to arrive, they had planned to look together, which Aya knew she could expect from him, her dear friend to help her when she needed it. Such a nice feeling to have someone to count on and Jake was about as reliable as they came nowadays. So there she waited, shaking the umbrella every so often to get off the extra water that accumulated. Hopefully, Jake would have an umbrella too, no need for that wet dog smell.
    [ADPT.] Jacob Black
    Inactive Account

Inactive Account

Level : 44

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    490/490  (490/490)
    Stamina Bar:
    88/88  (88/88)

Re: One shop in a convenient location, please.

Post by [ADPT.] Jacob Black on Sun Jun 10, 2012 9:31 am

Jake wasn’t the most punctual of people, but when it came to those who mattered to him and who he knew were depending on him, he made an effort to be on time and presentable. Today was a dark, rainy day; while normally he’d prefer to stay indoors, it wasn’t often he and Aya went outside during the daytime, her being a vampire and all. So yeah, he’d agreed to meet up with her, and help her with finding a new location for her store. After all, he was jobless too, and if he could help Aya on this venture, it would hopefully boost productivity and ensure he could earn some of his own money in the process if he worked for her. It didn’t feel right to live off of Aya’s generosity. It was, frankly, one of the reasons he tended to stick to being a wolf; so he wouldn’t impose on her too much. But he sure as hell missed the comforts of being a human.

Anyway, Jake soon spotted Aya, carrying her trademark umbrella and actually using it as a proper umbrella this time instead of just a sun shield. He grinned at the thought and ambled up to her. Nope, he didn’t have his own umbrella, but he had a hoodie he was using as protection from the drizzle. “Hope you weren’t waiting too long! Took me a while to find this place.”

Ducking under her umbrella, he crouched to fit underneath it, hands stuffed in his pockets. He being 6’7’’ and she being 5’2’’, this made for a rather comical scene. “So what’s the plan? Got any places in mind or do you want to just walk around and see what we can find?”
    Aya Valentine
    Champion of the Ss'ruul
    Champion of the Ss'ruul

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    55/55  (55/55)
    Health Bar:
    530/530  (530/530)
    Stamina Bar:
    96/96  (96/96)

Post by Aya Valentine on Sun Jun 10, 2012 7:39 pm

Jake wasn't late yet and luckily for him, Aya had nearly the patience of a saint. Nearly. Even she was guilt of losing face and temper some times. But Jake surely was not a person she could lose her temper and she did not mind waiting on a day like this. A day to be out when she shouldn't be, with her best friend to make a new chapter in her business. Of course she had planned on making sure Jake had a hand in it. She hated how he was always wolfing about. it was nature, perhaps but still she felt that he deserved a good meal and a bed to curl up in. A bed rather than the floor or couch in her room at the inn.

Perking up at the sound of foot steps , Aya looked up and saw non other than a umbrella less Jake. Why did that boy not have one?! She shook her head, answering him jovially, "No, no. I have not been waiting too long, Jake. I suppose we should have just left together then. could have avoided that." Oh well, live and learn, right?

Given that Jake neglected his umbrella he ducked under hers. Now she was short, vertically challenged if you would. Stretching the arm holding the umbrella up to accommodate Jake comfortably she was hit with a thought. But first to answer his question, " I had just planned on walking to see what was available for purchase. Seems like a good plan yes?" Tilting her head to look up at him she also nudged the umbrella at him. Tallest person under it got to hold it. Aya wasn't tiring out her arms to keep them both dry.
    [ADPT.] Jacob Black
    Inactive Account

Inactive Account

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    490/490  (490/490)
    Stamina Bar:
    88/88  (88/88)

Post by [ADPT.] Jacob Black on Sun Jul 15, 2012 9:42 am

Jake already had an inkling that Aya didn't like his current living conditions. Why else would she take care of him and insist he stay over at her place when he wasn't out roaming in the wilderness. Frankly speaking, he was tired of going wolf so often himself. It was time for a change of scenery, even f that scenery involved dresses and other frilly things girls like Aya liked.

"Let's jot that down on a sticky note so we don't forget next time," he agreed jovially, stooping to fit under the umbrella. Well, that felt awkward on his joints, but he could get by for the time being, unless Aya preferred him to chauffeur her umbrella for them. "Walking around's not a bad idea. We're in an area where there are a lot of empty places, so might as well put our feet to good use."

And there she went, signalling him to hold the umbrella. With a grin, he grabbed the handle and hoisted it above their heads. Good thing it was large enough to keep them dry without much effort in maneuvering it. All set, they took off down the sidewalk, not many people out yet besides early shoppers and those rushing to work.

"Got any ideas on what to look out for?" Did she want a big place, something medium-sized, something made out of bricks, something entirely out of the ordinary? This city had all forms of architecture, so there was a lot to pick and choose from.
    Aya Valentine
    Champion of the Ss'ruul
    Champion of the Ss'ruul

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    55/55  (55/55)
    Health Bar:
    530/530  (530/530)
    Stamina Bar:
    96/96  (96/96)

Post by Aya Valentine on Mon Jul 16, 2012 11:13 pm

Bobbing her head in agreement at note jotting, she didn't figure Jake as the type to keep those around. Well how could he? She figured they would get ruined if he kept them on hand at all times. Oh boy, was that an understatement! Poor Jake's feet might fall right off! "Yes plenty of empty places! They sure will be, but we can always have a taxi if your feet get tired." Aya smiled as she was now relieved of her umbrella doting duties which was a most glad thing on her part.

Sticking close, she mulled over what she did want. "I want something wooden, antiquated like myself. Something that stands out amidst all this...advancement. I want it to be large enough to be one floor, a very large shop. You know?" Tilting her neck, Aya peered at Jake, curious as to what he would say. She did make quite sure to keep under the umbrella to stay dry.
    [ADPT.] Jacob Black
    Inactive Account

Inactive Account

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    490/490  (490/490)
    Stamina Bar:
    88/88  (88/88)

Post by [ADPT.] Jacob Black on Sun Jul 29, 2012 11:57 am

Jake? A note-carrier? Not really. It was mostly a figure of speech. He could make mental notes all he wanted, but those could only take him so far. And at the vampire's suggestion, Jake had to fight hard not to laugh out loud. "You know you're talking to the guy who runs around a forest all day," he reminded her, lips twitching and voice cracking.

But he kept the umbrella steady, and walked on alongside her, his stride matching hers so they could keep at the same pace.

"Wood wouldn't work well if a fire broke out. And I doubt we'd find something made up of just wood..." He wondered whether they could find a normal place and add wooden logs outside of it later for decoration. "But we can always keep an eye out. This place has a lot of different stuff, so... maybe it's got what you're looking for too."

He wouldn't keep his hopes up, but he'd keep an open mind to find something close to what Aya was looking for.
    Aya Valentine
    Champion of the Ss'ruul
    Champion of the Ss'ruul

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    55/55  (55/55)
    Health Bar:
    530/530  (530/530)
    Stamina Bar:
    96/96  (96/96)

Post by Aya Valentine on Tue Jul 31, 2012 3:44 pm

Oh right, he ran around the forest free as a bird of course he wouldn't get tired. But was he amused, she could see that face and the sound in his voice. Hm-pf, she was smart but sometimes a little slow on the uptake sometimes. Aya walked still, keeping pace and mulling over Jake's excellent point of how Wood did in Fire. "That is a good point. Hmmmm, maybe something else, I bet something will pop out! There are plenty of places here."

Speaking of which she looked about ,carefully looking at the shops along the street until she spotted one though the windows were a bit open.
    The building had two heavy doors with a window an each and it seemed quite spacious. Tugging on Jake's arm Aya pointed and looked up to him, "What do you think of that one? It looks nice enough! Right?" It wasn't exactly what she had thought but it looked nice enough.
    [ADPT.] Jacob Black
    Inactive Account

Inactive Account

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    490/490  (490/490)
    Stamina Bar:
    88/88  (88/88)

Post by [ADPT.] Jacob Black on Thu Aug 02, 2012 2:03 pm

Optimism! That's what he liked seeing. "All eras, all the time! I bet we'll find something right up your alley." Keeping the umbrella steady proved a teensy bit hard with the sudden gusts of wind every so often, but he kept it sturdy and made sure to avoid bumping Aya too much with his elbow.

It didn't take them too long to spot something that seemed favourable. Just like any necessary shop, it had a window with a raised platform to place objects on display, and the doors seemed secure. Just what the doctor ordered. But the werewolf could tell that Aya herself wasn't completely sold on the idea of this particular shop. "I'll tell you what. Why don't we take a look inside before we decide? The outside's pretty nice, but if the inside won't accommodate you, you might as well kiss it goodbye."

He approached the doors and tested the handles, to see if they would yield. Predictably, they didn't. He looked around, not keen on the idea of actually breaking in, and spotted exactly what they needed. "Oh, here we go. There's a number we can call. Do you want to ring them now, or do you think we should just write down what else we find and call them all at once when we take a break?"

Here was Jake, offering choices for Aya to decide. Truth be told, he'd never gone store-shopping before, so he wasn't completely sure if there was some big, specific procedure they had to follow to go about their business. Just going with the flow here!
    Aya Valentine
    Champion of the Ss'ruul
    Champion of the Ss'ruul

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    55/55  (55/55)
    Health Bar:
    530/530  (530/530)
    Stamina Bar:
    96/96  (96/96)

Post by Aya Valentine on Sat Aug 25, 2012 7:41 pm

Oh Jake, you were the King of Optimism! As well as lord of the little forest creatures, well the ones you haven't tried to eat at least. Nodding in agreement she couldn't help but internally bemoan the decision to do this shop shopping on a rainy day!"Its good to see you are such a optimist!" She didn't mind having him bump him, after all he was the one so graciously holding the umbrella for her! All things considered he was the tall one in their duo for today.

Well it seemed that Jake had known her well enough to see Aya wasn't too set on it. But then again she hadn't seen the full deal yet."What a sound idea! I am so glad that I pulled you into doing this Jake!" Next thing you would know, he would be carrying shoe bags and following her around while she shopped.

Following after him a bit she watched him test the doors to no avail. Well if she couldn't open it and even though it would be illegal to enter without permission there was one fact to be addressed. Aya could totally open that door if she really wanted too. One tug and it would be wider than many of the Breach's residents mouths in an argument. Call now or keep looking? "I would just keep the number and if we don't find anything we can give them a ring!" Patting him on the arm she then tugged, smiling brightly at him, the day was young it was time to go! "Well we had better get a move on and see! Even if we don't find it I'll make sure to take you out for something to eat!"

Aya taking the lead away from the vacant store, not before she wrote down the phone number of course. Minding those on the sidewalk, the vampiress kept open eyes for any open places. After walking a good bit away from the first potential shop, Aya gave Jake a gentle nudge, minding to be careful considering he was holding the umbrella and she was not fond of the idea of her hair getting all wet and ruined."Thank you for coming with me Jake, I really do appreciate it very much! I'm glad to know I have a friend like you to come with me for something like this. Though I do feel bad considering it isn't exactly, well, "fun"" Looking up to him, she cast him an apologetic face. Men didn't like going shopping or the like unless it was for manly things...like foot ball.

Current date/time is Thu Aug 24, 2017 6:46 am