650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Al'Diabalos, the Lord of Terror [Armor, Trinket, Lv. 1 Power]

Post by Diablo on Sun May 27, 2012 9:44 pm

ARMOR/SHIELD

Name: Hell Plate
    Type: Bone armor
    Appearance: It looks vaguely like something insectoid, plated and spiked in various areas. It is primarily red and black, and segments of it shift as Diablo moves his infernal body.
    Description: Unlike his previous forms, Diablo has adapted and taken many aspects from his brothers and sister. His body is no longer bulky but lithe, and his movement is greatly enhanced so that he is not clumsy or awkward in motion. This type of natural armor coats him completely, leaving the Prime Evil to a be a strong and near-impervious foe.
    Specifics: 25% resistance to melee, fire, and magic; upscale to 50% upon hitting Lv. 30. His armor does not provide for adequate defense against laser and plasma weaponry, something Diablo has never encountered before.

TRINKETS

Name: The Black Soulstone
    Type: Magical gem
    Appearance: It is a large stone, cold and chilling to the touch. Black and emanating an evil aura, the Black Soulstone is nothing to be trifled with.
    Description: A prison that houses the souls of his siblings, Diablo has absorbed it to establish him as the sole Prime Evil. With the power of the other Lords of Hell he is able to manipulate their energies to strengthen his own, and for that Diablo is seven times more deadly than any Lord imaginable. At this stage it performs the bare minimum due to Diablo's weakened state upon coming into Portal Breach.
    Specifics: Lv. 1 - 9 Soul Unlocked: Duriel, the Lord of Pain (+1 to Diablo's attacks)

POWERS
    LEVEL 1

Name: Trepidation
    Description: Diablo is the Lord of Terror; therefore he is naturally inclined to seek out what a mortal, or immortal, fears the most and use it against them. This is not a form of mental attack nor an act of telepathy; this is an inherent skill that pinpoints the fear and terror all beings possess, including advanced lifeforms such as robots.
    Specifics: At the cost of AP each turn, Diablo may assume the form of his opponent's fear. Since he is so weak, however, this is for aesthetics only.
    Diablo
    Gigabyte

Gigabyte

Level : 60

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Al'Diabalos, the Lord of Terror [Level 10 Power]

Post by Diablo on Mon Sep 24, 2012 2:44 pm

POWERS
    LEVEL 10

Name: Curse of Anguish
    Description: Upon reaching a new level of power, Diablo has managed to awaken yet another soul within him: the Maiden of Anguish and Lesser Evil, Andariel. With her unlocked, Diablo is now able to inflict a psychological attack that harms an opponent's mental state, causing them to become consumed with agony and emotional torment.
    Specifics: For 5AP spent, Diablo flips a coin and a duration die. If the attack is successful, opponent harms themselves out of sheer grief and misery for the rolled amount of turns.
    Zurg
    Administrator

Administrator

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Re: Al'Diabalos, the Lord of Terror [Armor, Trinket, Lv. 1 Power]

Post by Zurg on Sat Sep 29, 2012 8:10 pm

You're a nasty little bastard, Diablo.

In unity, before the Nine, I softly speak in #669999.
    But, in One's animosity, I hold command in #99FF00.
    Diablo
    Gigabyte

Gigabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Al'Diabalos, the Lord of Terror [Level 20, 30 Power]

Post by Diablo on Mon Apr 01, 2013 3:47 pm

POWERS
    LEVEL 20

Name: Curse of Calumny
    Description: Now that it has gained more power, Diablo has access to yet another Lesser Evil: the Lord of Lies, Belial. With Belial in its thrall, Diablo is capable of convincing others that its honeyed words are unshakeable truths. It seeks nothing more than to spread terror and fear, and no tool is more perfect to incite war than a lie. Perception, according to Belial, is nothing more than reality. And reality, as with all things, is to be dominated.
    Specifics: For 10AP, Diablo flips two coins. If both coins are successful, then the opponent believes in Diablo's lie fully and ceases to fight. They are then subject to the demon's machinations. If only one coin is successful, then the opponent has the chance to flip a coin and resist Diablo's trickery. If the opponent fails, they succumb to Diablo's influence. If both coins are misses, then the opponent has seen through the deception.

POWERS
    LEVEL 30

Name: Curse of Sin
    Description: Once more another Lesser Evil has been unlocked. This time it is the Lord of Sin, Azmodan. As charismatic as he is cunning, Azmodan's influence grants Diablo the ability to corrupt mortals into abandoning something they hold dear: their morality. The generous will become greedy, the celibate shall be consumed with lust, and so forth and so forth. If there is a steadfast belief in a noble soul, then Diablo will aim to break it. Morals are nothing more than playthings.
    Specifics: For 15AP, Diablo can convince an opponent to give into their desires and abandon worthwhile principles. This is a DoT, or damage over time, and does not inflict true damage. Instead, the opponent who is marked will remain corrupted for a duration of time. This will happen in the form of days or weeks. If used in battle, the opponent must relinquish their ideals and fall into depravity.
    Diablo
    Gigabyte

Gigabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Diablo on Tue Apr 02, 2013 4:21 pm

Thank you for looking at my powers! And yes, I do see what you are proposing. For my first power, I was basing it on how powerful Diablo is already. It is currently Level 44 and I would argue that is quite powerful. See, the thing is, Diablo is already weaker than most characters and here is why: it does not have a stun. This power, if approved, is not a stun at all. Rather, it is just an IC influence for an afflicted character to lay down arms and thereby grant Diablo more means to avoid combat. Diablo is not exactly a fighter; it's more... subtle, I guess. I'd like to keep this power as it is, since Diablo will not be having stuns or dodges.

For the second, I agree to limiting it to days. But I don't agree to a week cooldown since other powers refresh after a battle is over. Although my character is not a fighter, it is still a Lord of Hell and thus powerful. I agree that only one character can be affected per battle, though.

Please get back to me when you can, thanks!

Edits: Okay, so after re-reading everything and thinking, I have an addendum:
      1. For someone stronger in level than Diablo regarding the Level 20 Power, Diablo must flip three coins instead of two. If 1/3 are successful or 0/3, then the opponent is safe. If 2/3 are successful, they have to flip a coin to see if they escape the curse fully. And if 3/3 are successful, the curse is solid. I don't know if I should add damage since Diablo isn't a direct fighter. I hope that makes sense!

2. Regarding the Level 30 Power, I still don't know about week-long cooldown but how about this? Diablo can only inflict this curse on one person and it cannot use the power until the curse is over on that same person. So, however long it lasts, Diablo cannot use it. AND, to compromise, the previously-afflicted character is not eligible for the curse twice-in-a-row until a week has passed since affliction.
    Does this sound more fair? Sorry, I am trying to find a happy medium between the battle system and a character that is atypical.
    Diablo
    Gigabyte

Gigabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Diablo on Tue Apr 02, 2013 7:00 pm

Thank you so much! I'm glad we could work this out.

Current date/time is Tue Oct 17, 2017 6:05 pm