Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

IOU an Apology...

Post by Zurg on Tue May 22, 2012 5:18 am

Time: 09:00 PBT
    Date: 5/18/0003

Green. Nothing but green as far as the eye could see.

Across the rolling hills a warm zephyr swept across the grass, blades bowing in ripples and waves as the wind whistled through. Pockets of strongly-scented lavender, their magnificent violet hue in full bloom, filled the air with their herbal aroma and colourful butterflies floated lazily about. Having risen not too long ago, the sun's rays dappled upon the tranquil plains as the clouds blanketed the land with their shadows. It was all very scenic when you stopped to think about it. Spring had become ripe and now Summer looked to take the reins, the air warm despite the coolness the western breeze brought.

Further below, where the land flattened and became firm, lied a cottage. A quaint one, perfect for a couple to be freed of the city's stone-and-metal atmosphere. Not too far away from the abode grew a grove of trees, where several animals chose to graze when the sun became too hot. Some of these creatures possessed vibrant colours while others were more mundane and ordinary. The bleating of sheep softly filled the air while a dog barked off in the distance.

Atop a hill not too far from this serene pasture loomed a figure, tall and drowned in flowing garb. Their colours blended in with the meadow's greens and if it were not for the searing crimson of their eyes, this lone sentinel might have seemingly melted into the background. Upon seeing a fat and vividly-painted butterfly leisurely waft slightly overhead the figure moved, eyes quietly watching the insect go about its merry way before they were brought back down to fixate on the cottage again.

"..." They said nothing - they did nothing.

They did nothing until another strong breeze cascaded over the hills, their robes flapping softly with it. Light rustling stirred the silence after that as the figure began to descend through the grass, a small partition forming in the vegetation. Their bare heels crunching against the naked earth, it wasn't long before they had made their way over towards the cottage, their strides long and evened.

By the time they had arrived, body weight causing the worn stones of the porch to slightly groan, the guest eyed their surroundings for a few moments before drawing their attention back to the painted door. "..."

Knock! Knock! Knock!

In unity, before the Nine, I softly speak in #669999.
    But, in One's animosity, I hold command in #99FF00.
    Kev

Level : 60

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Re: IOU an Apology...

Post by Kev on Tue May 22, 2012 2:27 pm

Inside the cottage, Kev was in the kitchen, sleepily making some tea. The cat was somewhere in the house, being reclusive and nosy like any cat, and the two small dogs were by Kev's feet, obviously hoping for the impossible: table scraps from something Kev was 'fixing' for food. Sorry poochies, not a chance!

Both sets of canine ears swiveled in the direction of the door, and soon the knocks were drowned out by the high pitched yipping of the 'guard dogs'. "Oscaaar, Percy, its too eaaarly. Shut up." He droned, setting aside the just made tea and grabbing up the dogs. He placed them in his room and shut the door behind him, stretching as he made his way back down to the kitchen. Wonder what they were barking at. Was someone here?

He walked over to the door...and in front of him was a most mysterious figure. Perhaps somebody new here who needed directions to the city. He lifted his eyes from the flowing robes to the veiled face of the figure, and instantly froze up. "Uuuuh..." Almost on reflex, he slowly shut the door. Then reopened it. Nope, not a dream. And there was no mistaking those red and yellow eyes. This could only be one man! One alien!

"Zurg! Sorry, its just kinda shocking to see you after so long! How've you been? Oh, come in, come in! You want some tea? I just made it, and I have straws too, since I know you can't pontificate! Does Jo know you're back?" He rambled excitedly as he moved out of the doorway for his guest. In all honesty, he should be more suspicious. The last time Zurg was here, he shoved him in a suitcase and used him as a hostage. And the last time Zurg arrived in odd clothes, they had had a pleasant visit until Kev mentioned something and made Zurg snap a bit.

But even if this visit ended with him being choked, he didn't care at all. Because Zurg was back! A sign of those slow to bloom May Flowers! "I just put the dogs upstairs so you don't have to worry about them! Shally's here somewhere, no idea where, and the other animals are outside where they belong! Have you eaten breakfast yet? I don't really...have any food stuff. But tea is always filling! You want yours with or without sugar?" And then he facepalmed. "Right, without sugar! Don't need to kill you after you've just came back! Sorry! So how've you been Zurg?" Hope Zurg's mind wasn't overloaded with telepathic rambling!
    Zurg
    Administrator

Administrator

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Zurg on Tue May 22, 2012 3:05 pm

Slam!

"..."

Knock! Knock! KNOCK!

Although the door had abruptly shut before his face without so much as a formal greeting, Zurg didn't take any offense by it. Why, it was justified coming from Kev, no? Well, given their history wouldn't you say so? Hostage situation, threatened to have an eye carved out; yes, yes. The monarch wasn't about to take this as a sign of rejection, however. Always persistent, he had knocked upon the door again, this time with more force, and locked his piercing eyes with Kev's when the smaller alien had the courage to respond.

"Good morning, Kev," the taller alien rumbled, eyes unwavering. "I am doing well. And yes; I would like to come in. It will be hot soon." Already he sensed the temperature rising outside as the sun climbed higher into the sky, so Zurg was grateful that Kev let him in - instead of allowing the ruler to burn inside his very own skin like a roast moozle.

As cheery on the inside as it was outside, the walls were painted a soft yellow and the floor was a warm rubicund wood. All in all the colours weren't harsh on the eyes and Zurg swept his gaze slowly across the living room area out of habit. There was a stone fireplace fit for hard winters as well as a couch before it - perhaps something Kev liked as a guilty place of passionate snuggles. For guests and for more appropriate seating arrangements were two chairs and a coffee table. The furniture within the cottage was dated, expressing a time period that the monarch was not familiar with. Regardless, he stepped closer and away from the entrance once Kev had officially invited him in.

At being offered tea, Zurg stepped to the side and let Kev anxiously stroll around the cottage. "Yes, please. No sugar, no honey. Just plain tea," he managed to speak with all the chattering going on within his mind.

Zurg found it amusing that Kev had asked how the alien was doing twice, as well as being told that he doesn't pontificate, but the ruler didn't comment and he simply strode further into the living room. Patting a chair, the alien gestured to it. "May I sit down? It was a far walk to reach your cottage, and I'd like to sit a bit if you don't mind." Until given consent, the alien kept his hand firmly upon the seat and continued to observe Kev go about his flustered business.

"Just tea will be fine, thank you." He wisely kept Jo's name out of this conversation, recalling how Kev was loose with information.

Kev

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Kev on Tue May 22, 2012 3:32 pm

Hearing Zurg's incessant knocking once he shut the door made him feel a bit bad for shutting the door on him. Zurg must have really wanted inside! He wondered if maybe he wanted to talk..that was probably it. He had been hoping to talk to Zurg himself, show some INITIATIVE as Proxy called it, but that happened to be the same day Zurg disappeared.

Zurg came in, taking in the sights as Kev rambled and flustered like an awkward turtle. Zurg was a lot..calmer than he usually was! And there was the clothes...whatever could have happened back there on his planet?

"Plain tea, got it!" He darted into the kitchen to prepare the two cups, grabbing out a little bendy straw for Zurg and placing it aside. He grabbed two cups from the cupboard and poured the fresh tea into the cups, and placed the tea in one.

At Zurg's question about sitting, Kev peeked into the living room and nodded. "Go ahead! I'll have the tea in a moment!" For his own tea, he put a bit of sugar in it and stirred, but that was all he needed! He walked back into the living room and handed Zurg his cup, taking a seat in the chair that matched the one Zurg was in. He hadn't mentioned if Jo knew if he was here or not, but with all the questions going on in his head, he didn't pay it much mind.

"So what brings you here Zurg? Nothing bad, I hope? And if you don't mind me asking, what's with the new clothes? Not that they look bad or anything, I think they look very nice on you!"
    Zurg
    Administrator

Administrator

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Zurg on Tue May 22, 2012 4:14 pm

Ah, now he could sit; which Zurg eagerly did and allowed his feet to rest for once. Wishing to pass the time, the monarch kept to himself but he did find it necessary to comment on Kev's living choices. "I take it you let Leslie do your interior decorating?" It was a harmless start for small conversation, and sadly... Zurg wasn't aware of Kev's current... predicament. Nonetheless he took his cup when offered and issued thanks before playing with his "bendy" straw for a few moments. He rather fancied these...

"My robes, you mean?" Yes, that seemed like something people would address. The alien gripped a bit of the green-hued fabric and felt his thumb over it. Cool, just how he desired. "I have put away my battle armour for more... traditional attire. I am still the same man underneath, but I have since gone back to my roots in order to contemplate a few things. They are especially accommodating in the summer heat, as well." And Kev thought he liked nice in his robes~! You, Jo, and Lawrence! See there was nothing wrong with a grown man wearing what humans called dresses. Nothing wrong at all. Compliment aside, Zurg dropped down his facial shawl and a familiar face at last greeted Kev. "As for these being new, I've always had them - I just never wore them around in public."

Because robes were a piss-poor defense against, say, demons and battle-hungry yahoos.

Not bothering to blow on his tea, the ruler cracked open his mouth slightly and had a small sip through the straw. The heat wouldn't bother him, as his tongue was too thick to really notice. "What kind is this?" he asked. "I do not drink tea often; it is an acquired taste I have yet to appreciate. But this one is mild, and I can easily swallow it down."

Zurg did not come down here to talk about hot drinks, however. Placing the straw away from his mouth and setting the tea cup down upon his lap, the alien addressed Kev's most important question. "I am here to catch up with an old friend, and also... to apologize. For my actions regarding the hostage situation and wanting to scoop out your eye and turn your sheep into meat pies, of course." Wouldn't want Kev to suspect that Zurg was apologizing for something else. "I brought a gift for you as is custom, but I'd also like to be brought up to speed. How are you doing, Kev? You are far away from the city - it must not be an easy journey to speak with others."

Let's enjoy a nice chat today, yes?

Kev

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Kev on Tue May 22, 2012 5:24 pm

Ah yes, it was definitely Leslie who had done the decorating. It was probably related to the specific time period she had been around for on Earth, as well as whatever Faes liked when it came to decoration. "Yep, Leslie did the decorating! After all, she's the owner of this place, she bought it all on her own. With assistance from Keaton of course! I like it, its a very fancy style." Although it definitely took a while to get used to. The inn was more modern while still being quaint, and the Church was...a church. The only furniture there was the pews.

He gave Zurg a nod when he was thanked, and allowed his tea to cool for a while, deciding to watch Zurg fiddle with the straw, until he answered him regarding his robes. "Oh! So this is what your people usually wore than?" Fancy! And in a way it reminded him of the robes Zurg usually wore with his armor. He nodded as Zurg went on. Went back to his roots to contemplate things? Wonder what he thought about...Life, the Universe, and Everything, maybe? "Thats great timing then!" He came back in his cool robes just in time for summer! Hate to see the man freezing in the snow.

The cloth that covered Zurg's mouth was dropped and Kev felt a silly type of joy, seeing the mouth he knew so well. "Are you going to start wearing them around in public too?" Oh boy, he could hear the comments on Zurg wearing a dress now. Why did people think males wearing things like skirts or robes was weird?! "I think you should definitely keep wearing them. Its the clothes of your people, and if anyone has anything smart to say, they're being ignorant."

He watched curiously as Zurg's teeth seemed to crack a bit and he was drinking through the straw. That was always such a curious thing to see! He asked about what kind it was and he gave his own cup a small fond stroke. A stroke meant for someone else. "Its Jasmine tea, one of Leslie's favorites. I like Black tea myself, but Jasmine tea is nice too."

Zurg put his tea down and spoke again, he had come here to catch up. And to apologize. He had figured that's what it was, but he hadn't wanted to assume. He reached over and placed a hand on Zurg's knee. "I've been wanting to apologize too. For bringing up something that wasn't any of my business to bring up." He had brought a gift too? Well Zurg wouldn't be going home empty handed, because Kev had some things he had been making for Zurg as well!

But first, bringing Zurg up to speed on the many things that had happened since October! "Its usually bearable, in the fall and the spring, but winter is the worst time to walk around, and summer is tough too. But I have a job at Zippy's shop in the city, so its usually after I'm done with my shift there that I go to talk with the others. Although I haven't really left the cottage much lately."

He placed his tea on the coffee table as he pondered where to start bringing Zurg up to speed. "Well, I went to go visit Jo the same night you two had your date! I talked with Proxy for a while, then Jo came home. She seemed kinda sad, but we cheered her up by watching a movie together. And we decided that we should do that more often! Or was that decided when I went to see her in January...either way I've been going to her house once a month to catch up and watch movies! I didn't get to in February, because those Priests of Anderson kidnapped me and a few others. Long story short, they all died, a lot of priests blew themselves up with a bomb, and the church is in ruins." That poor Church...

"Other than that, its kind of the usual. New people come, some people leave or die. Vlad finally left, although Ttone is still here. She's with Tally now. No idea what happened to the baby. And Psyche's gone too. Phantom also died, because Rhys ended up dying for killing that Amara woman. That's another thing, apparently when spawn are conceived and born here, when they die, they die forever." That last bit was important to know. Not that Zurg and Jo could even have kids, but it was still something to know.

Since Zurg might ask sooner or later how Leslie was doing, he decided to get that out of the way too. "Leslie's not here...neither is Ophelia, the little girl that lives in the creek that Leslie's taken to mothering. A few days ago she left a note, they have some faerie thing to do. She didn't really put a return date, but that's okay." He grabbed his tea and placed two of his fingers in it since it cooled down, staring into it forlornly before looking back at Zurg.

"What about you, how are you doing? Did anything happen on Planet Z last month? Because wow, you wouldn't believe what happened last month."
    Zurg
    Administrator

Administrator

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Zurg on Tue May 22, 2012 5:53 pm

More mental strings of thought bounced within his mind, Zurg keeping extra careful to constrict Kev's psychic access out of places he shouldn't be resonating in. There were many dark, terrible secrets lurking within there, after all. Didn't you wonder why the monarch's eyes were so heavy these days? "You can... say that this is what my people wore, yes. Although this is more fitting of my rank; you wouldn't find anyone else with my robes at any given time so long as I remain alive." Zurg's people all looked alike, even to them. Clothing was one good indicator of who was who. "And yes, I do plan on wearing this in public. The concerns of outsiders have no place in my life, and so too do their words mean little to my own thoughts." Ergo, people may talk smack all they desired; the alien wasn't going to pay them much heed in any event.

Moving on along, Kev seemed to be... thinking about something. Although the mouthless alien was a regular chatterbox mentally, it was his body language that spoke more volumes right now. Zurg had watched the lean alien stroke his teacup, perhaps...

"Jasmine, is it?" Zurg will ponder his suspicions later; right now he was supposed to be paying attention to his host. "It is interesting as I've never had it." They didn't have jasmine back on his world. "And apologize for what, Kev? Because you told me something?" Here the ruler had another sip, mulling things over. "I think if you had not told me then someone else might have - and that someone else might have been in terrible danger if they weren't my friend. You did the right thing, even if you were punished for it." There was no apology necessary, and Zurg would be honest about it.

Hearing about Kev's life was a much more lighthearted topic, and the change was refreshing.

"If you live so far away, then why don't you invest in a transport?" Zurg suggested. "I'll be shameless and say that you should find a fitting ice cream truck. It would be a great ride and an even better getaway vehicle." Ah, chuckles for a time long, long ago. "And to think, it'd be cool in the summer with the freezer in the back. You could also sell ice cream on the side and earn extra revenue - maybe even have a melted snack yourself." Always the opportunist and businessman.

And what was this? Kev was visiting Jo?

Quietly the alien didn't say anything as his host kept speaking, eyes staring straight ahead at nothing in particular. That entire fiasco back in October was his fault... How did Jo feel back then? Had she been okay? Zurg played with his straw for a bit, swirling his tea with it. "I thank you for keeping Jo company," he spoke up, a little soft on his syllables. "I had been sick and needed to leave. I couldn't stay to be with her, but with good friends like you it was proven that she was in capable hands." And for that, Zurg was grateful. In more ways than Kev realized. Clearing his throat, the ruler became livelier like before. "And priests? I wasn't aware that they were still around. I had thought their kind vanished with nothing to do and no demonic folk to destroy. I imagine the Gamma is a better place without them to pollute the minds of others."

Things took a graver turn as Kev listed a few rather unsurprising deaths and disappearances.

"Hmph. Both of them, Vlad and Phantom, do not surprise me. They had always been oddballs, unfit for everything they did. A shame about Rhys, but there was nothing to be done, I'd imagine." To himself Zurg felt nothing about this news. He had no feelings for Phantom and as for his unruly son? Even less so. A permanent death for a boy who was ill-conceived in the first place. In X'rghthu understanding the ruler considered this an act of mercy. "A father who sires a child without responsibility and lets them die without so much as a fight does not deserve that child in the end. Forgive my harsh view, Kev, but this matter mustn't be taken lightly." And even more so when people who do not deserve to have children are able to when others could not. Such was cosmic irony, but Zurg didn't bother to linger on that thought for too long.

Here was the part where Zurg learned of Kev's... earlier predicament, and thus his prior deduction was confirmed. He set his cup down, expression unreadable. "I am sorry to hear that, Kev," he said solemnly. "I know that must upset you, and I want you to know that both Jo and I are here in case you need us. If you are ever lonely you may spend the night or a few at our house. There's plenty of room and perhaps I can make you homemade tea, if you'd like." Because the ruler wasn't very keen on jasmine, although he would drink his cup to be polite about it.

That offer given, the alien was surprised that Kev wanted to know what had happened on X'rghthung. And again, Kev had asked the ruler how he had been doing. Nervous? "Ah, I had been away at home because I was sick. I couldn't stay on Portal Breach like I mentioned earlier. That was why I had been gone for so long. And what happened last month?" he finished with a sincere-sounding pitch of curiosity.

X'rghthu were notorious for faking tones near-perfectly. Let's see if Kev didn't suspect a thing.

Kev

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Kev on Tue May 22, 2012 11:11 pm

His Rank? Oh yes, Zurg probably meant his title. After all, Zurg was the Not so Evil Anymore Emperor! He gave the other alien an approving nod, ignoring the others if they made fun of his wonderful robes was a good action choice! Certainly better than torture.

He had not realized Zurg had noticed his odd stroke of the cup, and his psychic words stayed where they were herded to. Kev was never one for entering a person's mind and looking at what he shouldn't! Well except maybe that one time..

Zurg calmly explained that he had nothing to apologize for, and Kev did agree, and yet also didn't. "But if I had kept quiet, it probably would have been Hellboy who told you. He would have handled it better..." Zurg still made some rather good points. "I guess I really don't have much to apologize for...but I still feel like I should, you know? ...Is she still around?" He hadn't seen her since the hostage situation and he had hoped she was still here. She was, right? She didn't leave for a second time, right? They didn't go through all of that for nothing, riiight?

He leaned in, interested in Zurg's suggestion that he get something as a means of transportation but he snickered and snorted at his specific suggestion. "You have convinced me Zurg, I'm going to go out tomorrow and get an ice cream van! And I'm not buying it, I'll just steal one. Hopefully I'll pick the one with a meek driver, not a guy with a shotgun." Who knew, maybe he actually would do such a thing! Zurg had made excellent points on the benefits of having one!

Being thanked for visiting Jo was surprising, because just ignoring Jo wasn't an option. "You're very welcome Zurg, its no problem! She's my best friend, I'll always have her back, whether you're here or not. Although with you here now, I'll definitely let you two have your alooone time!" He chuckled a bit. After all these months, you two deserved time together alone! And at hearing Zurg's opinions on the priests, Kev nodded emphatically. "I know, I thought they were gone too! And then one day, one comes here acting dumb, with some creepy priests hiding in the background. I gave him tea, and he was all 'Come with me or the cat dies' and I was like 'Well Tulsit.' I'm glad they're finally gone. I just wish I could have actually landed a hit on them." Damn you Diceor!

He listened to Zurg's words on the disappearances of Vlad, and deaths of Phantom and Rhys. He hadn't been that surprised about Vlad. The only thing that surprised him had been that Vlad had left Ttone all alone without at least telling anyone. If he and Sonia hadn't decided to go and find her, would she have ever left, or would she had waited forever for her dad to come home? "I share your harsh view. I used to pity Vlad, because he had Dani as a daughter, but seeing how he left Ttone and there's no sign of that baby, I guess he wasn't a very good dad anyways. And Phantom...I feel bad that his son died, but it was him and Anna being gone that led to him being so starved for food that he killed someone. If he really cared for his son, he would have stopped getting killed every few months!" He did NOT deserve Rhys. And for him to waltz into the sanctuary, stone drunk, and tell everyone Rhys was dead, it was selfish and rude. Why did he do that? For attention?

Kev listened to Zurg's lovely offer and wondered if it might be too strange for him to hug the other alien. And then he decided he didn't care, so he got up from his chair and gave Zurg one of his patented Kev!Hugs. "Thank you Zurg. That means a lot to me! I won't be a mooch about it, but I'd like to come over a few times! And I'd love to try some of your tea!" You might have been acting different Zurg, but Kev didn't mind it at all.

He sat back down in his chair and listened as Zurg told him that he had been on Planet Z this whole time because he had been sick. He mentioned that before too, didn't he? "Oh Zurg, that sounds awful! You're okay now, right?" He remembered that one time Zurg had caught a cold from Jo and it'd been hell for him.

And oh, Zurg probably didn't get affected by it all the way in Planet Z! He would tell him what happened then. And of course Kev remained not-suspicious. This was Kev, he had been tricked by a Priest. Zurg's sincere tones went right into his ear and Kev trusted the tones.

"Well, robots were hearing static and voices, and things lost their flavors, like food and drinks. It was so strange Zurg! Places began getting infected by a green code, people went missing, like that news guy Brent. We all decided to go investigating because somehow people deduced that everything going on was centered around the oceans, marshlands, and the city. We went into three groups and investigated. My group found a boat and sailed out on the ocean. Some sirens arrived, and then suddenly we got eaten by this sea monster the sirens were attached to! Turns out Kefka made that happen, he's a new guy, a clown. Anyways, we got eaten and we had to walk around in the stomach acid before, thanks again to Kefka, we got sent to a chamber in the monster where the sirens were, and a datamine! We fought the Sirens, they ended up dying, Kefka sacrificed himself to destroy the data mine, and then we climbed out of the monster, the Sirens had made him crash into the shore during our fight." In an effort to shorten the story for Zurg, he had left out a few details that weren't needed anyway.

"Same thing happened for the others I think, but then a few days later, X invited us to come to his house. Seeing as what happened LAST TIME we were at his house was...well, really bad, I had my suspicions. But I went anyway. It also didn't help that X came in the sanctuary a few times before we left for the datamines and killed people, then resurrected them. X gave us food, and of course, it was a trap. We woke up, and Nergal and X were being controlled by this thing, called SIR. He cleverly manipulated us into calling for Systam. Then he infected her to, but in return she made SIR mortal. We...all assumed this meant we had to fight him to save PB. That's what usually happens, you know? And he was talking about reformation, and it didn't sound like it was going to end well for us, you know? A few people wizened up and realized he seemed to want us reformatted to unite us, but we didn't listen and he ended up being...er, dead. And with him, Nergal and X. The next day, Alpha came. Alpha of all people! That powerful God guy! He was destroying the place and killing people and then Omega showed up, with everyone who was dead too. They fought, but she was losing. It seemed like we would all be deleted, but Omega did something and we all woke up in our beds like it never happened."

Zurg's poor brain got a few blessed moments of silence as Kev found himself a bit exhausted from all that talking himself. "Sorry! I hope that wasn't too much of an information overload for you. Even though it took place over...a week? Yeah, had to be a week...it felt like a lot longer than that."
    Zurg
    Administrator

Administrator

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Zurg on Wed May 23, 2012 12:58 am

Hellboy to tell the tale? Zurg only sighed, shutting his eyes for a moment before reopening them. "Actually, it was Jo who had a slip of the tongue. No one else had bothered to tell me with an honest face." No one else - and that had slightly wounded the alien but he tried not to let it bother him back then. But, do you want to know what bothered Zurg right now?

Upon being asked if she was still around, the monarch's grip around his teacup tightened. And, if Kev was paying great attention, he would be able to hear the fine porcelain slightly rattle against the matching plate. "No," Zurg replied calmly, his voice opposing his body language. It took a strong amount of effort on his part not to relapse into a bout of anger, but Zurg was a determined man. He wouldn't lose his cool today - not now. "No, Xenon has not been around. I am afraid, my dear Kev, that she has left us for a second and hopefully final time. You needn't worry yourself about her whereabouts any longer; she stopped worrying about ours." Although his words were subtle and soft, the bitter tone seeped itself into his sentences like a slow-acting poison.

After that the monarch's focus phased in and out of clarity. It wasn't that he ignored Kev's words - on the contrary he had heard every last syllable the telepathic alien pronounced. It was just that... Zurg's mind felt a little faraway after the discussion had brought up old wounds. Wounds he could have gone without feeling - ?

Zurg was suddenly found within a hug, eyes coming back to life in the living room. Looking down he found, of course, Kev - and the little alien was embracing his purple counterpart. "...You are welcome, Kev." Awkwardly Zurg shared the sentiment, if not a bit slowly, but he was genuine in returning Kev's hug all the same. "We would love to have you over sometime." Which was also genuine - Kev had done a lot for Jo, and Zurg would extend his gratitude in kind. "And yes, I am doing better. Better than last year, to be sure."

Now came the part that the monarch wanted to know - the part pertaining to The Reformat.

If Kev could see the alien's hidden smile, then it would have been glorious. Otherwise, Zurg's eyes would have to be the truth bearers of his emotion - which wasn't very accurate in the first place. The monarch listened on, not once interrupting Kev as he recited what had happened during last month. "Hmm, it seems I have missed more than I imagined," he stated with mild surprise. "I imagine this had been taxing on you, Kev. On everyone, as well. Tell me, did you learn anything from your week-long suffering? I feel as if there was a lesson lurking about somewhere. But even if there wasn't, at least you are in one piece. For this I am glad."

Zurg paused to finished the rest of his cup, the alien setting the empty dish down upon the coffee table. "Good tea, by the way. It went very well with your story."

Very well indeed...

Kev

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Kev on Wed May 23, 2012 2:04 am

Hearing that Jo had slipped to Zurg about Xenon earned Zurg a confused blink. She had? In that case, he definitely preferred that he was the first to slip and the one to get some wrath. If Zurg had accidentally hurt Jo...oh gods it would have ruined them both. "I see what you mean then..."

And watching Zurg's body language right now was giving Kev a very valuable lesson. Never ever ever ever ever ever ever mention Bob. Never. Not ever. It was apparent that Zurg was trying very hard not to do what happened months ago. His shoulders hitched up fearfully as he watched the angry alien controlling himself. She DID leave. She had left after all. After everything had that had happened, she had left? Coming back, being forgiven by Zurg, she left AGAIN? Oh..oh Gods. That was like letting a wound heal up halfway, then deciding to slice it open again: You ruin all of the previous progress.

"I-I'm sorry Zurg...I won't mention it ever again." Oh Bob...why did you have to break Zurg's achy breaky heart. With that brief moment of fear and anger done, Kev continued his talking and rambling, and if he noticed Zurg's farawayness, he didn't comment on it. It was when Kev hugged him though that Zurg once again spoke. He hugged him back, and despite himself, Kev trilled and gave the larger alien a brief nuzzle. Oh yes, he would be visiting whenever he could! "Ah good! That must have been a terrible sickness to affect you for so long! Good thing its over then!"

Ah look at Zurg, so surprised by what he had heard! Oh it had surprised Kev too, just being a part of it! And you bet your bruuka it was taxing! People dying, people having breakdowns, that week was in need of serious antidepressants! "A lesson?" At this, Kev tilted his head.

"Well I certainly learned things. Like, did you know we're apparently a source of Energy for Alpha? I swear, we need some kind of manual on what we should know, because I would have LOVED to know that! And Alpha mentioned something about there being a power beyond even them. A power beyond the Gods...that definitely makes one think. I learned that Sirens are evil. Very evil. And that stuff you're looking for, like a datamine, can be hidden in the strangest of places! But as for an actual lesson..." Kev paused and thought.

"I think the lesson lies with our fight with Portal SIR. Honestly, if he didn't want to destroy everything like he seemed like he did, he could have just said so and explained everything, but I guess it would have been...boring, that way? But we shouldn't have been so quick to just ignore what he was saying, or at least ask follow up questions instead of beating him up. Again, if he hadn't been hitting people with hammers, that would have helped....but when he stopped a timer for destroying the Gamma, that should have been the clue. He showed us mercy, and we beat him up. And killed him. I feel really bad that we did that because who knew? With SIR, that fight against Alpha could have been better! He nearly won! Because of what we did, he could have destroyed everyone and everything. The lesson is to think about how to solve the problem instead of smacking the problem around, I think. Just...just thinking in general! Or at least listening to the ones who thought. And the actions Kefka did helped us a lot, and what he did, he probably thought through. Without him, we would have just attacked some Sirens and sailed around on the ocean forever, never finding the datamine inside the monster."

That had been the lesson Kev had taken away from this at least. "I'm glad to be in one piece too, and I'm glad you also are in one piece!" Zurg placed his empty cup on the table and Kev nodded at his compliment. "Thanks! I learn from the best!" And no, the best was not Morgana. Miss 'Teaching Kev to Make Tea Totally Makes Up For Causing His Death'.

Last edited by Kev on Wed May 23, 2012 2:06 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Overuse of the words 'At This')
    Zurg
    Administrator

Administrator

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Zurg on Wed May 23, 2012 2:35 am

"Hmm?" Zurg picked his gaze up, pupils sharpening into strained points. Almost as if the monarch could read Kev's mind, Zurg shook his head and dispelled whatever fears his smaller companion had. "Do not worry, Kev. When Jo slipped nothing happened. I was grateful she had come clean, and it was through our talks together that I decided I would come to your cottage and properly apologize. There is nothing to be remorseful over." Perhaps he had shown a bit more anger than what he thought he had, and the alien cleared his throat. "Apologies," Zurg explained. "I am... undergoing some temper exercises. As you can see, I have yet to properly..." he paused, eyelids drooping. "...perfect them."

It will take a while... and it will drain him, too.

Zest returned to his eyes when Kev disclosed the lesson he had learned, Zurg awfully quiet as the alien spoke. "It seems that you had an opponent who made you think outside the box, away from your normal perspective of things," was his best educated guess. We all knew that this wasn't the case, however, and the monarch was simply keeping face. "I wonder, however..." he also went on to relate. Arms crossed beneath his robes, Zurg closed his eyes and thought aloud. "I wonder if others picked up concepts as lucidly as you had, Kev. I do wonder indeed..." The ruler's other educated guess was that... not very many had gleaned an important lesson from this - and if this was so then it was out of Zurg's concern. He had done what he wanted and reaped his desired outcome. His end of The Reformat came out exactly as planned.

A small lull passed between the two individuals, Zurg not having much to say other than to think things over. By all means he had accomplished what he wanted here so he should be off, but the man had undergone a recent... change of heart, you could say. Opening his eyes, the alien's robes rustled around for a bit. Was he reaching for something? Cosmos know what he was hiding in there...

"It appears that my visit is almost over, but before I go I'd like to part with something. This is for you, Kev." Reaching out of his robes, Zurg pulled out a... a stick? Wait, no! Not a stick - a yoke! You know... something that looked like a wooden stick but was fashioned to be put on one's back as to carry things better? Although humble in appearance, there was something special about this particular yoke. It was made of a polished ruddy wood, carefully sanded and given a coat of primer. The shine that ran down the length of its body was rather nice... It was also perfectly fitted for Kev's size, and alongside the two outer handles were painstakingly-done carvings - carvings of sheep, a dog, a llama, and one fae woman on one handle with a Kryptonistanian on the other. Wow, seems Zurg could do more than just knit pretty sweaters and scarves.

How long did it take him to make this? The wood wasn't quite native to Portal Breach... and the elaborate detail in the wood suggested that the ruler had taken a very long time to complete this work of X'rghthu craftsmanship.

"Here is my apology gift to you, Kev-Mak-Tarr of Kryptonistan." Ooh, such a formal and weighty tone of voice. Zurg held out the yoke and waited for Kev to accept it - he dared not to place it upon the table like a mere toy. "When I last came to visit I had sheared your sheep and you struggled to carry the wool back home. Now you may use this yoke and no longer toil under your labour. You may also use it for groceries and anything that requires you to pick up items. It is my token, and... I am sorry. Please, forgive me."

Much better than Jo's swans, yes~?

Kev

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Kev on Wed May 23, 2012 3:19 am

Zurg, your uncanny ability to somehow read minds without reading minds was..well, uncanny!~ He listened as the purple one told him that Jo was alright, and they had in fact talked over the problem civilly! "That's a relief!" Oh yes, if there was anyone Zurg could probably talk with about that, it'd be Jo. And Jo knew what to say to him too. Temper exercises? "I understand! I'll work on not disrupting your temper so...often." Oh yes, thinking back, Kev had a nice hobby of...pissing Zurg off somehow. Was Zurg an irritable curmudgeon at the time, or was Kev a fool who was in need of a lesson on 'How to not stick your foot in your mouth'? Honestly, back then, it had to be both.

"Picking up concepts? Hm...its hard to say. Maybe they did, but they don't want to talk about it." If that was the case, Kev didn't want to be the person that would get pulled into making them talk about it. And then there was silence! Thankfully not an awkward one, it was a comfortable one, it seemed. Kev finished his own cup and placed it aside, and that was when he saw Zurg reaching into his robes and grabbing out-

"A yoke!" He recognized the stick, as Zurg had used normal sticks to make his own yoke to carry the wool! He was at Zurg's side in an instant, taking in the details, hands just itching to caress the beautiful wood, trace the lovely carvings! Sheep, a dog, that friggin Llama, himself, and...a fae woman. "Oh Zurg...its lovely." He said reverently, admiring the beauty of his yoke.

Zurg held it before him for Kev, and spoke more formally. It wasn't just beautiful, it had a purpose! Kev had his little noodley arms, and this yoke would help him carry things that had much weight! He took the yoke, giving it a once over before placing it on his back experimentally. "Zurg, you plan everything out, it fits perfectly!" And it didn't chafe or anything! His eyes made contact with Zurg's, not a bit of fear or anger in them. "I forgive you Zurg. How can I not?! You've always been a great friend to me. We've had our moments, sure, but we've had great moments too, and I've always cherished them!" It seemed their visit was coming to an end. It was too bad, as he was enjoying Zurg's company, and enjoying his talk, but Zurg had other things to attend to, and he had invited Kev to come over, had he not?~

Kev took his yoke off of his back and looked around for a place to put it while he grabbed the items he wished to give Zurg. Seeing no where where it would be left untarnished, Kev sheepishly handed it back to Zurg. "I'll be right back! I just don't want your hard work on it to be ruined by the table or the chair!"

And as soon as he said that, the Kryptonistanian had zipped up the stairs and opened his bedroom door, maneuvering his way into the room in a way so the dogs would not come spilling out and attack Zurg. The dogs followed Kev as he searched around in his room for the items, nose sniffing the scent of tea, and stranger, and Kev again maneuvered his way out of the room and back into the living room.

The first thing he held out to Zurg was a sizable, purple, wool scarf. "You never got a chance to get some of the wool for yourself, and I thought maybe making something for you would be a great idea! I wanted to make you a sweater at first, but I didn't have measurements for you, so I decided a scarf would be better! I'd never knitted before, so I practiced on the other wool before I made this one! Its the best one I could make." The scarf had a few tell tale signs of an amateur job. A missed stitch here and there, but overall, it wasn't that bad! "And the sheep need to be sheared again for this summer, so if you want, one time when I come to visit, I can bring you a bag of fresh wool!" He could even carry it with his yoke!

Seeing how Zurg's hands were full with the yoke, Kev carefully folded the scarf up and placed it on Zurg's chair. The other item he held out for Zurg was...small. In fact, it was just a sheet of paper. Paper with rather messy...paint scribbled all over. "Handing this over now, I feel kinda...stupid for making it. I was thinking about you though, and see, each color is one of us! Light purple is Jo, Purple is you, green is me, the darker greenish blue is Lawrence, and the red is Hellboy~! The main constant for this picture is that you connect with all of us. Even Hellboy, who's backed up in a corner away from us, he's connected to you. You and Jo and Lawrence make a heart, because you three are practically family." With one last lingering glance on the paper, he set that too, aside, and checked his hands over to make sure no painted rubbed off, before taking his yoke back.

"One last thing before we say our good byes...I'm not sure if you remember, but the Christmas before last Christmas, you gave me a star child, and I don't think I got a chance to really thank you properly for it! I still have it now, and I adore it, and now this yoke. I just hope my gifts to you make you happy too." Much better, but don't tell Jo! Ssh!
    Zurg
    Administrator

Administrator

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Zurg on Wed May 23, 2012 10:46 pm

It was called reading people between the lines; a skill Zurg was very good at~! And, sadly, yes... The purple alien was naturally a miserable curmudgeon at the time. Wasn't he always back then? It was a good thing that he wasn't now, because Kev's lovely little cottage would have been set on fire. Anyway, back into the present, where Kev was busy fawning in Zurg's head.

"You like it, then?" Well! This was rather pleasing to hear, and the monarch patiently waited for Kev to take his rightful gift. He did have a little chuckle at a certain phrase, too. "Yes, yes..." Zurg slightly smiled beneath his shawl. "I do have an awful habit of planning things out, don't I?" Oh, if only Kev knew the half of it. Watching the little alien trying his new yoke out, the ruler found it to be a perfect fit. After all, hadn't Zurg used his hands to strangle the poor lad? How else do you think he got Kev's measurements accurately? "Ah, a good match! You wear it well, Kev. Eh?" But imagine Zurg's surprise, the man who planned for everything, when Kev handed the yoke back and sheepishly went upstairs. "..." Well, okay.

There was a moment of feet shuffling upstairs, the alien glancing up to understand what all the commotion was about. Ah, those must be the dogs Kev had mentioned earlier. Soon the host himself came scampering back down, and he would find that Zurg had faithfully stayed put. Even his arms hadn't moved! You should really take that yoke now, before his joints freeze up and stay that way...

Curious, Zurg watched Kev take out... two gifts? Ack, he had only brought one!

The first was a scarf, and although it was amateur at best, the thought behind the effort more than made up for it. It was also purple, too! "Ah, a scarf. Would you believe that I had never knit myself one despite knitting hundreds for others?" Possibly thousands, with his minions in counting. And what was this? Zurg observed Kev carefully holding out a painting, a piece of art (yes, Zurg considered it art) that held a meaning to the tinier alien. Sadly, Zurg was also colour-blind, but he knew that Kev meant well and the ruler wisely didn't comment on his, er, biological disadvantage. "So then this is abstract art, no?" he asked, hoping to get Kev feeling better about his work. "You should not feel stupid, Kev. Even if others do not understand your work, you do and is through your interpretation that gives this work meaning. I love it." Even if it was one big painting of off-colour spots in Zurg's vision.

Carefully, the alien let Kev take back his gift and Zurg held up the scarf to admire it fully. Hmm, cozy and not bad... Not bad at all, because the ruler wrapped it around his head and appeared placated. Only his eyes shone through, the alien almost mystical. "It is a nice fit," he said before getting up, making sure to gingerly hold Kev's painting. Wouldn't want to wrinkle it! "And as for your painting, I shall frame it and put it on our wall. Jo doesn't know how to decorate, but I know she will appreciate this all the same. Thank you, Kev. They were wonderful gifts." And the star-child? Zurg chuckled and felt a little uneasy that he had given such a, er, powerful thing to Kev in the first place. "Ah ha... Be sure to keep the star-child safe and out of malignant hands, Kev. It is... ah, quite a prize, if you understand me. But I am glad that you appreciate it all the same." And don't trigger a miniature black hole around these parts, either...

Sensing that their time was indeed coming to an end, the ruler approached Kev and gave the smaller alien a sturdy, strong hug. "Thank you for having me, Kev. I had a good time," Zurg said before pulling away. No doubt Kev wanted to feel his lungs again. "Oh... I hope I didn't squeeze you too much. I am still trying to get used to appropriate physical contact..."

Kev

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Kev on Thu May 24, 2012 1:30 am

At being asked if he did indeed like his gift, Kev nodded his head emphatically. "I love it! I'll cherish it forever!" Kev had little gears in his head spinning already, planning to make a place on the wall to hang his yoke up, so it would be out of the way and untarnished when he wasn't using it. Also, dogs like to chew. If his yoke was on the wall, their little teeth would never touch it! "I wouldn't call it an awful habit, its really a very clever, useful one!" Oh, if only indeed.

During Kev's brief detour into his room to grab his things, he was surprised to find Zurg waiting for him in the exact same position as before. Not a bit of him was displaced or moved! He watched Zurg's reactions to the gifts, the scarf being first of course. "Really? Well, good thing you have a knitted one now!~" Wasn't it nice how things fit together sometimes?

And it was funny how things didn't fit together. Zurg might not have been able to see the colors and the patterns, but he liked it all the same and complimented Kev on it. His eyes brightened as Zurg described it as being something called an abstract art. That seemed to be the right term! And his insistence that the important thing about his 'art' was that his interpretation gave it meaning made him fuzzy inside. "Thank you Zurg!" Oh he loved it! "I'm glad!"

His yoke back upon his back, Kev watched as Zurg wrapped his new scarf around his head and head ornaments, leaving only his eyes to shine out. "Looks nice on you! Will you be able to walk back like that though?" Didn't want him tripping after all! But hey, this was Zurg. Of course he would be able to walk back like that. Oh! Oh! What did Zurg say?~ "Frame it?~ Really?!" Oh that was better than it being put on the fridge!~ "You're welcome Zurg! It was my pleasure!" He blinked curiously as Zurg warned him to keep the star child away from 'malignant' hands. Then again, it was a powerful little thing, wasn't it?

"Don't worry Zurg! Very few people know about it." Kev could keep secrets sometimes! Zurg's next act was to approach Kev and hug him tightly. Very tightly. He wrapped his own arms back around Zurg as best he could, but he was tightly in the alien's bigger, stronger embrace. "It was not a problem! Thanks for coming around!" Zurg hadn't been obliged to come around and apologize after all. Zurg pulled away and he took a big sniff of air, lungs glad to be able to cycle air again.

"Its fine Zurg!~ Practice makes perfect!" Certainly better than being choked, right? Kev walked and opened the door for his guest, looking back at him happily. "Whether you come here or I go to Jo's, I promise, we're going to see each other a lot. And not just in the Sanctuary." That place wasn't always the best for interactions. "Its great to have you back Zurg. Good luck with...well, everything!"
    Zurg
    Administrator

Administrator

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Zurg on Fri May 25, 2012 1:40 am

Could Zurg see like this? Of course! "Eyes aren't the only useful sense to aid my sight," he chuckled. Why do you think Zurg was barefoot? Well, bare-heeled along with all five of his purple toes. The alien wiggled them underneath his robes for good measure. "And yes, I will frame your art, Kev," he said with a nod. "I do not want it sullied and we have cats. Their hair gets absolutely everywhere." Like in his clothing, his food, his eyes... You get the hairy picture.

Anyway, as much as it was sad to finally depart, the time had come to leave. Zurg glanced down at his chair and made sure he didn't leave a mess before following Kev to the door, gifts in tow. "I do not mind seeing more of you, Kev. You are a good friend, and I know to trust you." After all, so long as Kev didn't set anything on fire or drink the last of Zurg's sugar-free juice at the back of the fridge then there was nothing to fear. Now outside on the stone porch, the ruler took one last look at the meadow and turned around. He then bowed, letting his jewelry lightly jingle as he did so. "I had a good time," he spoke as he rose back up. "And while I may not venture into the Sanctuary very often, it was still good to see you. Thank you for the luck - I hope to make the most of it." Everyone could use a little luck these days.

And so went the monarch, walking away from Kev's cozy cottage. But not before he pivoted one last time to speak. "And it is good to be back." You could simply hear the smile in his voice. With one last wave the alien soon faded over the hill and was gone, Kev alone once more with the last of Zurg's parting gift.

Closure.

Current date/time is Thu Aug 24, 2017 6:43 am