Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Re: Prelude to a Quest

Post by Kev on Mon May 21, 2012 6:15 pm

Kev chuckled sheepishly as Impa called his power an impressive one. It was, but as she just said, one that could be abused, and had been a few times in his people's history. "Its not always guaranteed to work. It depends on eye contact and the will of the other person. And you definitely need wisdom on when to use it...when my people raised and taught spawn, that was what we were taught, was how to use our powers. A species full of telepathic aliens who could command others to do things, you can imagine the possibilities. Misusing powers is a cultural taboo and could get you shunned."

Impa explained how the nut worked and Kev 'ooh'ed, impressed. "That's smart! Do any of these grow anywhere here, or are you and others from your universe the only ones with access to these?"

Sheik answered him and he nodded. So his guess was correct, Impa could vanish without the nut! Although Sheik was practicing on doing the same, although he could definitely do it! "That's great! You two really are quite powerful then!" He watched, amused a bit as Impa tossed the deku nut into the air and catching it. "I don't find your gaze intimidating at all!~ Unless you got an inch from my face and didn't blink at all, that'd be rather intimidating."

Sheik began to answer how they could appear like they did and Kev tilted his head, paying attention to what the young boy had to say. "Ooh. What's a Sage of Shadows?" He was curious about what was different between Sheik and Impa that Sheik's vanishing skills were just being stealthy and Impa's weren't, but he was asking enough questions, no need to add more!

He listened as they went on, trying to understand and getting a tad bit confused. Walking in shadows was a part of vanishing, but the important thing was just being stealthy. Shadows and vanishing were definitely related though! "So...its kind of like teleporting? In a way?" That was the best comparison he could make. It kind of reminded him of Harry's apparating? Was that the word? "I think it makes sense! But I think I've taken up enough of your training time, what's next on your training list?"
    Impa
    Stock Pot Inn Staff

Stock Pot Inn Staff

Level : 60

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Impa on Tue May 22, 2012 11:29 pm

"Ah, I see… that makes perfect sense with an ability such as that," said Impa, nodding to Kev and listening very intently as he detailed not only more information on his mental suggestion but also some of the cultural background behind it. It was always fascinating to learn about more of the cultures of those that had been whisked away to Portal Breach as well as about their worlds, and Kev's was particularly intriguing to the Sheikah.

As he asked about the Deku nuts, she gripped the one in her hand a bit tighter before responding, stating, "I've not found any place in particular that they grow, but as Hyruleans we seem to have been able to always have easy access to them."

Sheik outright grinned at Kev's compliment, soon feeling a bit fuzzier inside from her friend's kind words. Impa's own smile warmed even further at his compliment and she nodded her thanks to him, right before laughing at his remarks on her gaze. "That's a relief then! And I can assure you that I wouldn't do that."

Hoping that they hadn't confused him too much with their answers to the question that he had asked, Impa and Sheik exchanged a knowing glance when Kev inquired about the former's title as the Sage of Shadow. They knew that the Kryptonistanian was a quick learner, but they did not want to overload him with too much even though he had been the one to ask the questions. "That might be an answer best saved for a later time, but I promise I will explain it."

Impa hoped that Kev would not mind her answering that particular question later… after all, later might give her an even better chance to detail it whilst giving him an improved opportunity to learn more about the status she had gained back in Hyrule.
    Zelda/Sheik
    Stock Pot Inn Staff

Stock Pot Inn Staff

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Zelda/Sheik on Tue May 22, 2012 11:39 pm

"Teleporting? In a way, kind of… it's so quick it might appear to be that, but the technique works a little differently, and is better for short distances, or at least relative ones," said Sheik. Seeing a good chance to expand on part of that and hopefully better explain what they had just mentioned about stealth, she added, "We're both very stealthy, but while Impa is stronger with Sheikah skills, I focus more on magic."

Even though Kev had appeared to be a bit confused, Sheik was both glad and relieved that their answers had made sense to him. When he asked about what was next on their training list, Shiek simply grinned to Impa before glancing back to their friend. "You haven't taken up any of that time. It's fine, Kev."

"Indeed it is," agreed Impa, nodding before getting a slight glint in her eye as an idea struck her. Turning to Sheik, she said, "As for what's next… Sheik, now that we've seen that your Light Arrow is back, would you like to show Kev the true power of Din's Fire?"

Neither Sheik nor Impa knew the full extent of Kev's interest in fire, but from what they had heard from the two Links as well as seen briefly in some of their shared battles, the Sage of Shadow had a feeling that a fire user such as himself might enjoy seeing Din's Fire unleashed.

"Sure! That sounds like a great idea… I hope you like the spell, Kev," stated Sheik. At that, she jogged about 15 feet away from her friend and guardian, glancing back to Impa with a smile and nod before she threw her right hand down, bringing it to cross over her waist. She then drew her left hand in and bent her knees in an attack stance, focusing her magic. Pausing for roughly one second, Sheik then raised her left fist in a high-arcing hook, right before throwing that fist to the ground. As soon as she connected the move, a wide dome of fire sparked and radiated out from her, soon catching a good 10 foot diameter of flames. The spell was intense but it did not burn any of the grass around her, and after the flames had dissipated, Sheik stood back up and smiled to Impa and Kev, catching a proud smile and nod from her guardian.
    Kev

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Kev on Wed May 23, 2012 1:35 am

Having Impa listening intently to what he said was very satisfying! He was always fascinated with other cultures, but others were just as fascinated with his! He tilted his head as she answered. So there wasn't a specific area where the nuts grew, but they managed to get a hold of them somehow? That was...weird. But this is coming from a mouthless alien, so he just nodded and didn't voice how strange it was that they could just find it. Maybe they had a nuts sense!

The two of them seemed very happy to hear his compliments and he felt happy to make them happy! "Oh I hope not! Although that would also be a very funny sight to see!" Impa just leeeaning in, staring at him.

Impa decided that explaining what Sage of Shadows meant would be better for a later time and he nodded. "Alrighty! Take your time if you have to!" He shifted his glance to young Sheik as he spoke. So it was sorta like teleporting, but also not like it at all. Huh. Better for short distances? "I see!" Impa was stronger in the skills of a Sheikah, and Sheik himself was better with magic!

He was glad to hear he hadn't eaten up their training time with his rambling. "Oh good, great!" Next up was...Din's fire? "Ooh.." Even before the fires happened, Kev's eyes got a bit bigger at the idea of a firey trick of some kind. "Oh I bet I will Sheik.."

He jogged away a few feet away, far enough away that they wouldn't become bacon, but close enough still that Kev was certain he would be able to see what was coming. Sheik did some fancy movements with his arms, and when he brought his arm to the ground, a large DOME of fire appeared and flared out around him. Kev watched, mesmerized, as the fire grew into a rather large dome before finally dissapating, not even catching fire to the grass.

Kev stared for a bit, and then began clapping. "Bravo! Bravo! Encore! Frenchy words! oh that was WONDERFUL Sheik! That fire was all SWOOSH! AND IT WAS AMAZING AND LARGE! Oh! That was marvelous! So that's the type of awesome stuff people with magic can do, huh?! That's amazing!" Din's fire, you get the Kryptonistanian stamp of Approval.
    Zelda/Sheik
    Stock Pot Inn Staff

Stock Pot Inn Staff

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Zelda/Sheik on Wed May 23, 2012 11:41 pm

Sheik's smile broke into a full out grin at Kev's applause and kind words. She blushed imperceptibly at first, but as he began to describe the fire spell itself, that thankfully faded very quickly. This was yet another time that she was grateful for the cloth bandages that she often wore over the lower part of her face, and after she felt that quick warmth fade from her cheeks, she pulled it down around her neck, letting her grin show outright. "Thanks Kev! I'm glad you liked that spell… whether I make smaller bursts of flame or that full version, it's pretty fun to use."

The disguised princess had seen Kev use some pretty neat fire techniques during their battle inside of that sea monster last month, so she was even more glad that he had been so impressed by Din's Fire. She knew that Impa could use it as well and that Link had been able to use it back in Hyrule, but she wasn't certain if he had relearned it since he had gone back to reset time. Her friend tended to rely more on his sword anyways, much as how she preferred to rely on her combat skill when she was dressed as Sheik. Still, being able to easily shift between melee combat and magic was definitely something that the Sheikah in training was very grateful for.
    Impa
    Stock Pot Inn Staff

Stock Pot Inn Staff

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Impa on Wed May 23, 2012 11:52 pm

Impa was still smiling proudly to her charge, and she couldn't help but to laugh silently at Kev's enthusiastic applause. His reaction definitely caused her own smile to broaden a bit, and she was glad that they had been able to provide their friend with such a great distraction. Hopefully that powerful spell could be the perfect start to an even better afternoon for the three of them.

"That is indeed part of what magic enables us to do… and even with the awesome might of Din's Fire, in the right hands it can truly be a varied and effective spell," stated Impa, watching Sheik as the disguised princess stepped back towards them. After a couple of moments, the Sheikah turned to Kev, looking rather curious as she said, "I do believe you're quite the fire user, Kev… would you care to demonstrate any of those abilities for us? This is relaxed training, after all."

For one, Impa was rather interested to see more of what Kev was capable of beyond what she had been able to observe in battle by his side. Secondly, she thought that giving him the chance to show off anything he might like could only add to what was becoming an even better afternoon than what it had started out as. Whether their training stayed here or they ventured elsewhere, testing out ones abilities was almost always a fun thing to do.
    Kev

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Kev on Sun May 27, 2012 6:24 am

Sheik pulled the bandages around his face down to reveal that his mouth was wide in an open grin, which served to brighten Kev's mood up even more. Being around people, especially friends, always helped to boost his mood and make him happy. It probably helped that Kev's moods changed very quickly sometimes.

"You're welcome~!" Sheik said it was fun to use, whether it was full power or smaller bursts of flame and Kev nodded. "I bet! It sure is fun to watch!~" Impa was all smiles as well, no doubt proud of her student!

"I see! No wonder the people who can do magic like to use it a lot." Although using it for everything was...well, over the top. But neither Impa nor Sheik did such things. Kev had quite a bit of respect for them because of it.

He 'hmm?'ed and tilted his head curiously as Sheik addressed him. It made sense that they knew he liked to use fire in fights. Sheik had seen him use his flames on the Sirens after all! He was very glad he had only beaten Nyreena to death instead of burning her to death. He snapped out of that train of thought and focused on what Impa was saying.

"Really? I'd love to! As long as I don't impede the training!" Any chance to use some fire was a good chance! He pondered very quickly, on what to do for them. Sheik himself had made a show of his fire, so perhaps Kev should do the same~! It would help him in battle too, no doubt. If ever they had to fight multiple people, he could use a more showy motion of fire to burn more people.

Kev walked to the same spot Sheik had gone, 15 feet away from where Impa and Sheik were standing. He'd hate to burn them after all! He brought his hands close to his chest and closed his eyes. He visualized what he would do. How he would do it. The movements. The energy.

He pressed the buttons on the sides of his gloves, igniting it. Out of the palms of his gloves, balls of fire formed. He kept the flames in his hands, allowing the fire to burn and glow brightly. When it got to the point that it seemed the balls of fire might spill out of his hands, he lifted his hands into the air and unleashed the balls of fire into the air, followed close behind by streams of fire. The twin trails of fire shot out in the air, and soon dissipated once it found nothing to catch on fire. Kev turned his gloves off and watched the fire in the air dwindle, excitement all over his face. He made his way back to Impa and Sheik proudly.

"Its not as impressive as Din's Fire, but its still a lot of fun!~" He chuckled.
    Impa
    Stock Pot Inn Staff

Stock Pot Inn Staff

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Impa on Wed Jun 06, 2012 2:46 am

"Of course you won't impede the training. You're welcome to join us, whether you wish to train or simply visit," said Impa, hoping to reassure her friend that he was fine. If nothing else, perhaps getting to observe some of Kev's maneuvers could give her and Sheik some perspective for other battle techniques, whether they wound up on the offensive or defensive sides of similar actions.

The Sheikah watched as Kev moved to where Sheik had just performed Din's Fire, her red eyes focusing a touch more as she caught sight of him pressing the buttons on the sides of his gloves, starting off his own fiery display. The Kryptonistanian demonstrated remarkable control even as he held the flames in his hands, and that was further proven as he lobbed the fireballs into the air. After that blazing attack and trailing fire was able to fully dissipated, Impa turned to smile to Kev as he made his way back over towards her and Sheik.

"It was still quite impressive in its own right, Kev… very nicely done," stated Impa, nodding to him. "I'm glad to know that fire is in capable hands, and of course to see it in control of a good ally."
    Zelda/Sheik
    Stock Pot Inn Staff

Stock Pot Inn Staff

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Zelda/Sheik on Wed Jun 06, 2012 11:37 pm

Much like Impa, Sheik watched Kev's display of his pyrotechnic mastery in sheer fascination. She had seen his fiery attacks in action around his own style of melee combat between the battles of the previous month, but it was nice to be able to actually stand back and really observe his powers for what they were. As someone that could use fire herself and who had honed that skill set under Impa's tutelage, it was always neat to see other skills displayed, and especially those that she could relate to.

Still grinning at the display of fire as Kev made his way back to the two of them, Sheik nodded in agreement with Impa, adding, "Yeah, that was great! I can tell it was fun, as well as rather powerful."

"Indeed," noted Impa, nodding once more. She waited a moment before asking, "Now, in this training, is there anything else you might like to show us, or is there any skill of ours you would like to see in action?"

Both Sheik and Impa were more than happy to pause their training at any time, but the Sage of Shadow thought that she might at least ask Kev if there was anything he particularly wanted to see. If nothing else, that could serve to help them explore the fields some more even around their general training session.
    Kev

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Kev on Sat Jun 09, 2012 1:26 am

Again, Impa insisted Kev was welcome to be a part of their training, and that he would not get in their way. He was glad, and felt a little bad that he kept asking if he'd be alright and not get in the way. It was probably getting annoying, but he couldn't help it, he didn't want to get in their way.

His little display done, he watched their faces to see their reactions, which were very positive. Both were smiling and grinning, which made Kev want to smile back at them, despite obvious handicaps with that. He listened to their compliments happily. "Aaw, thanks, you two! I'm glad you liked it! That was really fun to do too!~" He returned to their sides before tilting his head at Impa curiously.

Anything else he wanted to show them? "'Fraid not! Fires tricks would get old after a while, and I don't want to mind control you two, so I'm out of skills. But I'd love to see what other magical stuff you two can do! " He clasped his hands together eagerly, ready to see what these two could do.
    Zelda/Sheik
    Stock Pot Inn Staff

Stock Pot Inn Staff

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Zelda/Sheik on Sun Jun 10, 2012 5:55 pm

Regardless of his lack of a mouth, both Sheik and Impa could see the smile in Kev's eyes, and the two were very glad that he had enjoyed showing off some of his own abilities for them as well. At his mention of not wanting to mind control either of them, the disguised princess couldn't help but laugh, right before saying, "We appreciate that! It would be neat to see that in action sometime, though, as well as more of your fire tricks!"

At Kev's statement that he'd love to see more of what she and Impa could do with their magic, Sheik glanced to her guardian, both of them pondering what they could possibly show him next that wasn't just a simple burst of flame or shadow blast. Although she had since regained the ability herself, Sheik knew that using Farore's Wind out in the open like this would not really give a true show of the spell's power. As such, that particular spell was best saved for another time… maybe even later today. However, there was another of the goddesses' three main spells that they could show him…

Sheik smiled a bit at that thought, until she looked deep inside of herself and confirmed that she hadn't fully regained her mastery over Nayru's Love yet. If she focused, she COULD summon it, but it wouldn't last very long and thus wouldn't be nearly as effective. She wasn't about to let this get her down, though… just like her Light Arrow, she had the power, but it was just a matter of getting its true strength back.

Still, even though she was working back towards her true mastery of the ability, that didn't mean that Impa couldn't show it off for their friend. Her red eyes brightening again, Sheik smiled to her guardian, asking, "Impa? I can't use it for battle yet, or at least not long enough for it to be effective… but do you think we could show Kev Nayru's Love?"
    Impa
    Stock Pot Inn Staff

Stock Pot Inn Staff

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Impa on Sun Jun 10, 2012 6:45 pm

As she shared the glance with Sheik, Impa pondered what magic either of them could possibly perform here that Kev had not yet seen… simple skills could be fun, but as he had been kind enough to show off one of his more impressive fire abilities, she felt it fair to take advantage of the nice, open space to show him something that they couldn't always use outside of battle. Her mind raced through varying shadow abilities and other complex spells that weren't of her strongest element. All of them worked well, and between them and any of the spells of the three goddesses of Hyrule, it was really just a matter of thinking of which spell might work best.

They had already shown off Din's Fire… Farore's Wind was really best used inside large dungeons or other buildings… perhaps…

As if she had read the Sheikah's mind, Sheik's gaze seemed to light up once their eyes met again, soon causing Impa to smile even before the suggestion was voiced. When her charge did ask about Nayru's Love though, Impa simply nodded, inwardly very pleased with the idea. "I was just thinking the same thing. And we'll get you back to your true level with it soon, I promise."

Sheik grinned and nodded strongly to Impa, right before the Sheikah took a few steps away from their group, turning back to Kev. "You don't need to stay as far back from this one… it's more of a defensive spell."

At that, Impa struck a pose that was identical to the one that Sheik had earlier when she performed Din's Fire. However, as she built power in her hands, she did not turn to punch the ground… instead, that power manifested as a glowing blue orb in her hands. The charged orb began to grow from a the size of a small ball to that of an average-sized pumpkin as the Sheikah raised the orb over her head. The orb floated in her open hands for a couple of moments before Impa made a short exclamation and quickly brought both of her palms down to the ground, the orb continuing to hover above her where she had held it, right until it shrank and simultaneously sank down into her back.

Impa kept her position on the ground for another moment before moving to stand, and as she did, a large, transparent blue octahedron appeared around her, spinning slowly even as the Sheikah stood still. At seeing the spell pulled off, Sheik's grin grew before she glanced to Kev to see what his reaction might be to this new spell.

"This is called Nayru's Love," explained Impa, crossing her arms as she let the spell hold. "It's a powerful, protective barrier, capable of deflecting just about any type of damage."
    Kev

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Kev on Wed Jun 13, 2012 1:16 am

Sheik laughed and mentioned seeing his mental suggestion in action in a fight and he nodded eagerly. "Sure! Next time we're in a battle I'll show you guys how its done!~" Because they would certainly have yet another battle to go into soon. Hopefully one that'll go better...

Impa and Sheik shared a look, no doubt pondering what to show him. Sheik asked about showing something called 'Nayru's love'. The spell caught his attention instantly. Whatever could a thing like that do? A defensive spell? Kev nodded at Impa to show he heard and understood what she said, and watched.

Impa posed, like Sheik had earlier, but instead of punching the ground and flames coming up, a ball grew in her hands. Once it got to a certain size, she raised the orb up. After a few moments, her hands came back down to the ground, the orb disappearing only to reappear as a large diamond looking shape all around her.

"Ooh! That's so neat!" Kev stepped forward and reached out, almost touching the barrier in his curiosity. "That's a great spell! And you performed it greatly~! Why's it called Nayru's Love?" The name seemed kind of odd, now that he saw the spell performed.You'd think something with Love in the title would relate to love.
    Impa
    Stock Pot Inn Staff

Stock Pot Inn Staff

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Impa on Tue Jun 19, 2012 9:55 pm

At Kev's statement about showing off his mental suggestion ability, Impa had nodded and stated, "Excellent. I look forward to it."

Once she had activated Nayru's Love, she could see that the Kryptonistanian reaching out his hand, holding it very close to the barrier she had summoned. He would have been perfectly all right if he had made contact with it, but if he did, it would have felt much like a thin wall given the nature of the spell.

"Thank you Kev," said Impa, smiling and nodding to her friends high praise. At his question regarding the name of the spell though, she shared a quick glance with Sheik before turning back to Kev, explaining, "Our native land of Hyrule was created by three goddesses… Nayru is one of them, and she is the Goddess of Wisdom. As I said, the spell creates a magical barrier that can block nearly any attack, and for that, it is as though you are being protected by the love of Nayru herself."

Hoping that her expanded description of this particular spell made sense to Kev, Impa continued to keep the protective barrier up for the time being, thinking that a demonstration might be in order for the nature of the magic to truly make sense to him. Whilst she waited a few moments for him to get a better idea of Nayru's Love, the Sheikah soon turned back to her charge, raising her head slightly before asking, "Sheik? Would you mind giving me a hand with showing what the spell can do?"
    Zelda/Sheik
    Stock Pot Inn Staff

Stock Pot Inn Staff

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Zelda/Sheik on Tue Jun 19, 2012 10:27 pm

Whilst she had not regained enough of her original power to pull of Nayru's Love for a decent amount of time yet, Sheik was definitely thrilled to see her guardian cast the spell. Even with her own innate magical abilities, the disguised princess had learned most of her spells and feats from Impa, and as such, she was always glad to see her mentor display her own prowess with them.

At the Sheikah's request, Sheik nodded strongly and replied, "Of course, Impa." Now they hadn't practiced anything like this in a long time, so the disguised princess was very pleased for the chance to get to help out with this particular demonstration. Strafing around to the side of Impa opposite Kev, she soon took a few steps back and watched the spinning octahedron, studying it for a couple of moments before bending her knees in a more limber stance.

To grant her charge a better angle as well as to help make certain that Kev was in a better position to avoid any damage as well as to get a better view, Impa moved a few paces to the side, the blue barrier of the spell continuing to slowly spin around her. She kept her red gaze on her young student, patiently waiting for the spell to do its work on what was about to come.

A moment later, Sheik suddenly produced four throwing needles and quickly threw them at Impa, right before following up with a small blast of Din's Fire. All four needles struck the shield of Nayru's Love, each of them being deflected with a harmless *TINK!* before they fell to the ground. The small fire blast fared no better, for as soon as it made contact with the spell, it dissipated into nothingness.

Pleased to see the spell do its name right, Sheik soon grinned a bit, sharing a smile with Impa before the older Sheikah glanced to Kev with a nod. The disguised princess turned to him too, asking, "Isn't that neat? I try not to use this spell unless if I absolutely have to, but it really is great to have around for some situations."

Current date/time is Tue Aug 22, 2017 10:40 am