Portal Breach: The Collision of Worlds :: v.4.0

From one Leader to Another

Universal NPC
    Non-Player Character

Non-Player Character

Level : ??

Re: From one Leader to Another

Post by Universal NPC on Tue May 15, 2012 11:43 pm

While the demon was busy trying to sort out his own inner conflict, the Elder stood patiently, looking up at the demon with a rather calm expression on his face. Not that Prixlezub could see it, since of course, he was still wearing that mask of aged bone. Despite the demon's rather insecure outlook on their relationship, the Elder was not as worried about it, and he hardly cared about wounding the demon's pride with his simple question. What a strange creature, needing to take so long to decide whether he had a secret to tell the Elder or not. Perhaps he was hiding more than Flad'Nag had realized.

The native's eyes squinted slightly in the glow of the prince's eyes, shifting from one foot onto the other as he awaited the demon's response. What he found about his friend however, was not very surprising. He figured that the demon was a higher rank than he let off, given his intelligence, his knowledge of the world. In fact, not even the guards of the Branack clan seemed to be as quick as Tra'Yzon when it came to making quick decisions, and their knowledge of the world was very limited. If there was anything that the wise Elder knew through his years of service to his clan, it was that guards were used for their brawn more than their brains.

"Hmm, I figured as much..." The Elder nodded, sounding more amused with the prince's confession than insulted. "For all of your ingenuity, I must say you are not very good at hiding things when they are drawn of your interests. Though, I must ask, why do you think that this would change our relationship any?" He inquired, arms spread as he walked towards the demon. "I still like you, and you still like me. I will not disown you simply because of a little technicality such as this. I ma disappointed that you hid this from me for so long, yes, but I am not angry."

Sitting cross legged upon the floor of the tunnel, the Elder patted the ground in front of him, inviting the demon prince to do the same. "Come now, Tra'Yzon. Come sit and let us talk about this." He offered. "Why did you fear my realization of your identity so?"
    Prixlezub
    Inactive Account

Inactive Account

Level : 46

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    510/510  (510/510)
    Stamina Bar:
    92/92  (92/92)

Post by Prixlezub on Wed May 16, 2012 1:07 am

What? The Elder was not angered, or even irritated that the demon had held a false guise for all these months? Prixlezub had figured that the man would have grown angry, perhaps even pull out another crystal from under his robes to blast him into the very rock he was standing on. Instead, the elder simply admitted his own feelings of not being surprised at all, in fact, he seemed rather unimpressed. had the demon been so out of practice for so long that his ability to deceive others had deteriorated so much? The prince did not know whether to be relieved or insulted with this new development!

As the Elder settled upon the stone floor of the cavern, the demon stood for a few moments more, pondering what he had said. He was not angry, the Elder was disappointed that the prince had lied to him, but the demon was still quite surprised that the Elder was not angry at all with him. Usually, if he were to pull such a guise for so long, and the other somehow managed to find out, there would be an outrage. Then again... Those that found out were not who the demon had called his friends. They were pawns, enemies, people that the prince wished to see suffer. The Elder on the other hand, was a confidant, a guide. He was Prixlezub's friend. Perhaps at first he had wished ill upon the aged Noslot, but now that he had gotten to know the Elder better, he actually respected him. And that was rare enough for the demon in any case. His relationship with the Evil Emperor was a great example of that.

With a puff of soot from his grill, the demon finally settled to the floor, tucking his claws under his bandaged chest as he looked down at the rather calm Elder in front of him. It was strange, being in the audience of someone who was so... Patient, for lack of a better word. Inwardly, the demon wondered if Flad'Nag's family was just as similar, or if perhaps he just happened to be the more negotiable one of the group. After all, the Elder had been the one to go and say to let him live, when all the other Elders had wanted him dead as stone.

"I did not fear you realizing my identity, but more I feared how you would react." Prixlezub rumbled after gathering his thoughts. "When I had been brought here, I was still recovering from my rather abrupt awakening, along with having to deal with the curse upon the metal of my containment..." Hey, just because the demon was going to share some of his heart with the Elder, did not mean he was going to share everything. Prixlezub was no fool, after all. "I feared that if you knew my real identity, I would have been shamed for failing to represent my rank. Back where I had lived, that surely would have happened under the same circumstances."

The demon paused, a plume of smoke rolling from his grill in a sigh as he kept his gaze upon the Elder. "I apologize for my insolence during our previous conversation. I ws so sure that my way was right after having lived with it for so long. Everything seemed to run smoothly under the style of how I ruled my people. Perhaps there is still much that I need to learn."
    Universal NPC
    Non-Player Character

Non-Player Character

Post by Universal NPC on Wed May 16, 2012 8:55 pm

Oh? So the demon did not fear the Elder finding out his identity, but the reaction? Flad'Nag listened intently as the prince went on with his explanation, drinking it in and pondering over the demon's words. Inwardly, the Elder could not help but pity the poor creature. So much strength and potential within him, and yet he was so insecure over such a thing as his rank. Did he not know that this was not where he hailed from? The Elder may have been disappointed with Prixlezub for being so elusive with his identity, but by no means would he go and ridicule the demon for not telling him sooner. That was not only below him, but also quite undignified. Flad'nag knew much better than that.

"Tra'Yzon, you need not fear me disowning you over this. You still have much to learn about leadership, as you had said earlier, yes. But I do see your potential." He replied, gesturing with his scaled hands at the demon. "You have proven you have quite the ingenuity, and you have the capability for the required traits. As much as you have failed to listen to your own people, you have certainly listened to me quite well. You have shown that you can care for ones people, with how you have cared about my own and helped us with your ideas." The Elder outstretched his hand, placing it upon the demon's cloak and patting it gently. "You see, Tra'Yzon? You can be a good leader, you just need the correct guidance!"

Oh really?

The old Noslot leaned away from Prixlezub as he apologized, nodding his head and patting the air with a hand. "It is fine, Tra'Yzon, we all make our mistakes. Though growth will require you to keep your head looking up, not sulking down at the ground. Do you understand?"

Prixlezub
    Inactive Account

Inactive Account

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    510/510  (510/510)
    Stamina Bar:
    92/92  (92/92)

Post by Prixlezub on Wed May 16, 2012 9:18 pm

Prixlezub was pleasantly surprised to find that the Elder was not as harsh towards him as many others had been. And not in the sense that he felt he could use the old native, no. Instead, the demon actually did value this friendship, however short it would be once he got back to Portal Breach. Though, he was thinking of leaving a little something with the Elder to remember him by. Something that was as sentimental as well as useful. The old man deserved it for how much he did not only for the demon prince, but also for his people. Though what really sent the demon blinking in surprise, was how the Elder somehow had sen potential within him. He had not heard anything remotely like that since he had been under the guidance of the locomotogephors.

"I...I am honored." The demon rumbled, his usual hubris having long been doused by defeat. "If you really think that I am able to be the leader that you see, would you be able to perhaps tutor a misguided creature as myself?" He asked, actually finding himself a little surprised at his own words.

His old self would have never asked for someone, especially a young creature such as Flad'Nag, to teach him anything. Especially leadership, the very thing he had been working at for the past few million years. What had happened to him? Had the fight with Blainstrrghtokk left him with his head a little softer than it usually was, or perhaps he bumped his head too hard when he came in through the atmosphere of this planet. Either way, the prince could hardly believe what he was asking the Elder. Though he certainly would not take his request back, he did want to learn. Not only for himself, but also for Layla. He wanted to prove that he could change, if only for her.

He wanted to show the demoness that he was not the monster that she had tossed into the vacuum of space.

"Yes, I understand quite well, my friend." Prixlezub nodded, the glow from his eyes bobbing as well upon the floor of the cavern. Now that the emotions had been put aside, perhaps some actual teaching could begin.
    Universal NPC
    Non-Player Character

Non-Player Character

Post by Universal NPC on Wed May 16, 2012 9:47 pm

Aww, look how the demon was so humbled by such a simple thing as acceptance. The Elder watched as Prixlezub seemed to just melt into his own surprise, noting the flicker of those burning eyes as they stayed locked onto him. It was almost as if the demon had been brought down to the level of but a mere student, a child even. Though, did the demon even have a childhood? He was not sure about creatures such as the prince. He was quite alien even to their own descriptions of demons. But, if the prince wanted to learn, then learn he shall.

"We can start right now if you like." The Elder offered, adjusting his cloak to better cover himself from the coldness of the cave, despite the tropical environment, it was still winter. "How about we start at the very beginning of things..." He mused, rubbing the edge of his mask with his thumb as he pondered over what to tell the demon prince first. There was just so much to teach the prince regarding what was required of a good leader. After a few moments, Flad'Nag let his hand clap down upon his knee, knowing exactly what to teach the prince first.

"The first thing you will need to know, is the behavior of a leader." He began, running back over that subject quite quickly within his aged mind. "A leader should never let their role get to their heads, as it will cloud their judgement. Pride and arrogance are the downfall of a leader should they manifest, as it makes the leader center their thoughts around themselves instead of on their people. Not only that, but is also tends to make for faulty decisions, as a prideful leader feels that they are so powerful, that nothing could ever bring them down. You need to exercise caution as well as fairness within your decisions. Make sure you realize that being a leader is a job, it is not something you abuse simply because others look up to you. They do not look up to you because you are powerful, they look up to you because you help them with the decisions they could never make." He explained, the elder's tone as firm as his position on the matter. For all of his kindness and understanding, he took his role in the village very seriously.

You could learn to do the same, Tra'Yzon.

"However, as a leader, your people are also your children. Father them, protect them. The quality you show as a leader will reflect in your people. If you are a good leader; competent, fair, and wise... Your people will reflect this and will be content with your decisions, they will look up to you often for answers. If you are a bad leader however, your people will be discontented, and will rise up against you. Even if they fear you, they will still find a way to remove you from your role if you fail to use it in the correct manner." He continued, showing the demon his palms like as if he were balancing out both the good and the bad leaders.
    Prixlezub
    Inactive Account

Inactive Account

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    510/510  (510/510)
    Stamina Bar:
    92/92  (92/92)

Post by Prixlezub on Wed May 16, 2012 11:40 pm

The prince nodded, accepting the Elder's offer to teach him the finer points of leadership. Though Prixlezub had learned many things from his own guides back when he was still quite young, it seemed he had only abused it and warped the teachings to benefit his own schemes. Not to mention, the locomotogephors were not exactly the most patient of teachers. The only reason why they had even decided to teach the demon prince anything at all, was over a truce. A truce created by all three of the demonic races that inhabited the plane of Mechanical Hellfire, to restore the one that had created them to his strength after Chryslirrbog had so wistfully removed everything the demon had in his prime. His memories, strength, wisdom. Everything.

While the demon had indeed learned from his teachers, he had quickly figured to just abandon what they hoped he had learned, and simply perverted it. Perhaps now the prince would actually retain more than just the information he needed to rule a nation, and actually learn a thing or two about fairness as well.

Prixlezub kept silent as the Elder explained the first points of being a leader, his eyes tracking Flad'nag's movements and his ears picking up on everything he was saying. So apparently a ruler needs to be humble, level-headed, and patient... Why did that sound so much like someone he knew from a long while back, his very first rival; Chryslirrbog? The god was very much like that, a level headed sort of deity who never really put much pride into himself. Perhaps that was why he was always so favored in their fights?

Looking back upon it, the demon realized that he had been quite prideful, egotistical even with his power. The deity on the other hand, he always seemed so cold, a distant fellow despite how he was a creator of life. He never had much fire in him, unlike the demon prince. Prixlezub had been the epitome of burning pride, with how he so enthusiastically raised the mountains and the volcanoes during his youth. He was such a contrast to the contemplative, often thinking deity... It was no wonder they called themselves the Light and the Dark. Perhaps that was also the reason why he had been able to evict the demon from the world so easily, his mind was ruled by thought instead of emotion.

"I see..." the prince rumbled after a few moments, the distant look in his eyes fading. "But why had my people still looked up to me despite my failure to adhere to these guidelines? Many of them still followed me despite my ways being quite... Tyrannical." The last word was drawn out, as if the prince was forced to say it. As much as the prince knew his ways had been wrong according to the Elder, he still did not enjoy admitting it. "Perhaps they simply followed me because they feared what would happen if they did not... As you had said."
    Universal NPC
    Non-Player Character

Non-Player Character

Post by Universal NPC on Thu May 17, 2012 12:18 am

Yes Prixlezub, think over your past mistakes, think over them long and hard. You will need those reflections later for when you return to Portal Breach. If the natives can get the generators up and running, that is. Those were still in development, busy being conceptualized by the best and brightest of the Branack natives! And guess how smart they were? I bet you are thinking they would be around highschool level intelligence, correct?

Hardly, those poor fools were about as smart as a fifth grader, and here they were toying around with physics and generator engineering. Both them and the demon will need all the luck in the world in order to get that working correctly. Or a little bit of a cheat, whichever. Whatever the case is on that project there, the demon would need many blessings, that was for sure. However, back in the cavern of learning and lessons, Flad'Nag just finished his little lecture on leader etiquette when Prixlezub had spoken up, the old Noslot's head tilting slightly at the question. Though, it was hardly out of confusion or inability to answer the rather simple inquiry. The Elder rocked back a little on the floor, until a rather audible pop could be heard from his lower back, the old man having obviously decided to loosen his back up while they spoke. The floor here was rather hard.

"Exactly, Tra'Yzon. Your people feared you, and so they feared the repercussions of standing up to you. However, that did not mean you were safe from the consequences of your actions." Flad'Nag replied, raising a finger and wagging it at the demon. "Sooner or later, they would have gotten the spine in them to stand up to you. And in that, you would have learned the hard way the elements of leadership."

Deciding that he had enough of sitting around, the Elder got to his feet, robes falling about him as he stood to his full height. "Speaking of elements of leadership, a few you should keep in mind are Strength, Decisiveness, Commitment, and finally; Tact." He listed, stretching some to relieve the stiffness from his bones. "A leader must be strong enough to support their nation, as without them, they will surely fall into anarchy and ruin. You cannot stumble and let your people fall either, as a leader, you must show that you are able to weather whatever comes your way, and to stick with your decisions. Which brings us to the second element; decisiveness. A leader cannot simply switch their decisions around like they are the four winds. It makes a leader look chaotic and unstable, which interferes with the first element, Strength. If your decisions are chaotic, your people will become confused and in turn irritated. They will not trust a leader who changes their mind at the drop of a stone." Pausing a moment, the Elder seemed to be pondering how to go about explaining the two other 'elements of leadership', his fingers tapping upon his arm as he thought to himself. After a few minutes, the elder seemed to have remembered how to best describe the last two, and he continued.

"Commitment is also key. In fact, it goes hand in hand with strength and decisiveness! A leader needs to commit not only to their people, but their decisions as well. If you were to make a decision, and never follow through on it, what kind of leader would that make you?" he asked, the question turning out to be rhetorical in nature. "It doesn't make you a committed leader, but a negligent one. Even worse if you go against the very laws and systems that you have put in place, as that makes you a hypocrite as well. No one, Tra'Yzon, no one likes a hypocrite. They muddy up their own paths so much that it makes them impossible to follow." He explained, stamping his feet as if to try and make tracks in the rock itself to illustrate his point. "The last element, is Tact. It sits on a separate area of its own, but it affects all the others just as easily. A leader without tact can be very honest, yes, but they can also put their people into a panic if they say what is better left unsaid. Somethings are best kept within the meeting room, and away from the ears of your people. As what you say not only impacts their outlook on you, but also upon their home as well. Tell them of doom, and they will lose hope and wilt. Tell them of optimism and sunshine, and they will flourish. However, you cannot keep everything from your people, as that will interfere with your ability to listen to your people, and in turn them listening to you."

The elder paused, tapping his finger to his mask for a moment. The old Noslot's eyes dulled as if in thought, before continuing. "Basically, my friend, tell your people what they need to know. Anymore than that, and they start to take your burden upon their shoulders."

Any questions for the teacher, Tra'Yzon?
    Prixlezub
    Inactive Account

Inactive Account

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    510/510  (510/510)
    Stamina Bar:
    92/92  (92/92)

Post by Prixlezub on Thu May 17, 2012 9:14 pm

Ah yes, the elements of leadership. It sounded like something out of a My Little Pony episode, now didn't it? Eye burning colored horses aside, the Elder did have a point. Strength, Decisiveness, and Commitment linked together like a strong chain were an effective component that linked a leader to their people. And in that, they were able to support and carry their duties effectively. Yes, the demon had heard of this before, a long time ago when his own people were quite young. While most the teachings had been suppressed in favor of more corrupt methods, he had not forgotten those four important elements. If he did, then he would not have been able to keep his own nation in check, now couldn't he?

"I am familiar with these four elements." The demon admitted after the Elder had finished the second part of the lesson. "My own people were lead with these rather integral links. I kept myself strong in command and in decision. My words were both tactful and committed. I never allowed myself to appear weak before my own kind, it would have been my undoing. The people I had overseen were harsh, brutal warriors, Flad'Nag. They would have never allowed any other kind of leader to control them."

The prince allowing the native to go on with his teachings, he shifted his weight to better accommodate his rather uncomfortable stomach. Even after all the months the demon had been on this rather small, backwater planet, his wounds still pestered and ached him like... Well, old wounds do. The demon prince allowed himself some time to reflect once again as the Elder probably was thinking up what else he could teach his student. Even if the student managed to know a similar amount that he did.

Prixlezub's mind drifted back, way back to the times of his own kingdom, his plane of existence that he called his own. Though he called himself quite tactful, he never could live down that rather horrid exchange between the leaders of the two other demonic races: Moloduopheles, and Defialberith. One a king of mountains, the other a king of storms. Both had been rather integral to his fight with Chryslirrbog, whether they had wanted to join him or not. Let's take a look back to that meeting, shall we?

----
    Red sands churned and curled about the deserts of Automotive Hell, carried upon the ever stormy winds of the hellish plane. The endless skies loomed overhead, tainted a rich, deep crimson with the elemental chaos that plagued the entire area. The resounding roar of thunder proved this enough, stray bolts of equally crimson lightning striking and slamming against the distant mountain peaks. Though, while the weather was quite entertaining in its own destructive nature, things of higher importance were being held in the dunes below...

Lo! a figure equally as red and angry as the plane of Mechanical Hellfire itself loomed in the distance, fire billowing and churning upon its strong back and shoulders. Blazing eyes glowed through a passing curtain of sand, their gaze undeterred by the angry storms of the desert. As the creature grew closer, it soon became quite clear that it was the demon prince himself traversing the sands, smoke and embers pluming from his grill like small storm clouds. though, he hardly was of the same diminutive stature as his current state. Instead of a mere thirty feet in height, the demon towered over his domain past triple the size. Each footfall shook the very sands like an earthquake, the ground splitting beneath the demon's hooves and claws, to reveal small black spires of stone curling up from under them like the sprouts of a sapling. And around them, magma bubbled from beneath his claws like as if it were a fresh spring. Every swish of his tail caused a great cyclone in the storms, twisting the blowing sands into small tornadoes that followed in his wake.

Was this really Prixlezub? This great beast that caused so much reform of the land around him with but a footfall? Indeed, it was. Behold, the demon before his second fall from grace, this plane being but an endless prison to him while he allowed his thoughts to brood and fester. Looking closer, you could see a key detail that was missing from his Portal Breach counterpart. The lack of a certain, golden ring that was usually lodged within his nose.

This was no mere prince, the demon you saw, sashaying through the desert like he owned the place, was in his prime. His original form.

Suddenly, the towering lord stopped, a lake of magma pooling about his feet as he paused, seeming to be waiting for something. He stood there, his head alert and glowing eyes scanning over the horizon, behind him, his tail swished a few times in impatience, giving birth to a few more deadly cyclones from the after wind. There, he waited, and waited, and waited...

There, in the clouds! The great whoosh of wings could be heard overhead, nearly loud enough to drown out the sounds of the storms itself. Though that would not be the only thing you would hear.

SKRREREEEAAAAAUUUUUGHHH!

An ear-splitting shriek pierced the heavens, the dark, stormy clouds above seeming to part obediently for the monster that descended down from them. Huge, lengthy wings shadowed the very desert as a winged demon came down from the storms, the sounds of turbines whistling within your ears rather loudly as the creature passed overhead. A tilt of its dully-colored wings turned it about, the demon, who rather looked airplane-like in appearance, making another flyover before turning to land in front of Prixlezub. His great wings buffeted the sand and the demon in front of him as he came down to the ground, his stature quite large, easily dwarfing most of the carmorph demons that Prixlezub had created, but compared to the demon himself... The Aeronemnon could be but a child in comparison.

"Defialiberith." Prixlezub greeted his creation, his crowned head tipping respectfully.

"Sssshhaa...One of Dark, I have replied to your summons." It greeted in turn, though his voice was nowhere near as deep as the demon in front of him. Instead, it was high pitched, shrieking and grating. Very much like the whine of a jet's turbine engine. The king of storms looked around, the glassy eye upon his head glancing this way and that. "I do not sssee Moloduophelesss," he stated, flexing his powerful talons against the sandy ground. "Perhaps he did not get your summons, as I have."

"He will come." The demon reassured, turning his gaze from the Aeronemnon to the dunes on the horizon. "If he is loyal to his creator, he will respond to my summons as asked."

The two leaders waited, the sands whipping about them as they awaited the arrival of the final guest to this meeting. Now who could that be? Off in the distance, a few hours after the Aeronemnon had arrived, the very sands themselves shifted, lifting and waving like as if the desert itself had a current running beneath it. Though really, in this dimension, one would be half right about that. There was certainly something beneath the sands, but it was no tide or course like the sea.

A deep rumble shook the very ground that the two demons stood on, the disruptions in the sand becoming larger and closer. As the waves of sand closed in upon them, a few shapes could be made out through the dust and grains of the desert storm that traveled so close to the ground. A claw here, the glint of fangs there, but what would really catch you eye was neither of these, but the great winding body that twisted in and out of the red dust like some worm, the entire length thick and tightly woven with powerful muscle. Equally strong, sturdy limbs went down the length of it, reminding you much of a centipede, save for the long, curled claws upon the ends of them, resembling those of a bear.

Finally, the last demon breached the very earth itself like a whale, sand flying up everywhere as Moloduopheles, the king of the mountain, stood before Prixlezub as well. He was much taller than the king of storms, rivaling Prixlezub's height as he came to join the other two. His great, dark coils curled and looped about each other, the locomotogephor coming to rest upon the sands after his long journey. "I apologize for my tardiness." He finally said, his voice like the booming of the very earth, enough to make the sand dance even though his head was very much towering over it. "Your summons has been answered, One of Dark. Shall we get down to business then, now that everyone is present?"

The One of Dark nodded, a deep rumble bubbling in his throat as he began to speak.

"Yes, I have brought you both here in regards to the current situation at hand. I presume the both of you are quite familiar with my... relationship with Chryslirrbog, One of Light. Before your time, he and I have been at odds, the old fool thinking himself more superior than I simply because he can create life. Hah!" Prixlezub huffed, clouds of thick, black smoke rolling from his grill and maw with the action. "I have created both of your kind and your kin, along with my own. Only a fool such as himself would think that life is only to be bestowed by deity simply because he is one tier higher than I. What I plan to do, is prove him wrong again, to show Chryslirrbog that he is just as cowardly and pathetic as his creations, I seek to challenge him, to defeat him. To humiliate him."

The two other leaders seemed to look between each other for a moment, as if to ponder the demon's goal. It was quite true that the demon had created them, though from the teeth stolen from the god that Prixlezub was so rivaled with. A rather unjust and unfair way of going about it, but certainly effective. Though, the demon had a whole plane of existence to himself, his own kin and creations to lord over. Why would he need to go after the deity that had beaten him not once, but twice? And to be honest, had been rather merciful in his banishment considering the fact Chryslirrbog was tier three, while Prixlezub was merely tier two.

"This is where you come in." The demon rumbled, his voice booming like as if it were the very thunder upon the storm. "Defialberith, you and your kin are masters of the skies, able to manipulate the very winds to your will, and command the storms. As for you Moloduopheles, your kin are proficient in hunting below the ground, able to see without the need for eyes, and shape the earth to your whims. I could use your strengths and numbers in the upcoming war. With you, we could drive Chryslirrbog from the mortal world, and make it ours. You would even have a share of the spoils once we have won."

The two leaders were silent for a moment, each one pondering over the demon's offering. Though it was Moloduopheles who spoke up first after thinking over the demon's part of the bargain. Smoke plumed from the hole upon his head as he snorted indignantly, finding Prixlezub's ambitions rather ridiculous.

"One of Dark, while your power is great, may I remind you that Chryslirrbog had the power to send you here, to a dimension that is not even near that of your home. His banishing of you here was for a reason, one that I think is very clear." The train demon replied, his claws gripping the sand and releasing it. "You are much too prideful for your role, in fact, your pride overwhelms that which is a balance, set in place to keep things in order. You being the one of Dark, and Chryslirrbog being the One of Light. You cannot exist without the deity, Prixlezub, lest the world you so seek to conquer falls into ruin. My kind may be proficient in shaping the earth, and we may have an advantage over your rival, but we are not of your kin."

The king of the mountain silenced after that, his position firm as his coils tensed and loosened. Before him, Prixlezub looked at the locomotogephor near incredulously, hardly being able to believe what he was hearing. Had he actually defied the very being who had created him, refusing to join the demon's army? Holding back the insulted anger that was welling up in his chest over such disloyalty, Prixlezub turned to the king of storms.

"And you," The demon rumbled, embers puffing from his maw with each spoken word. "Will you join me to stand up against our oppressor, or will you stay here and cower like Moloduopheles?"

Defialberith seemed to think as well, the glowing dome that made up his eye shimmering in the flashes of lightning behind the huge demon. After a few minutes to weigh out the possibilities within his mind, the second king finally spoke, his shrill voice loud enough to make one's eardrums burst.

"Though what you say is promising, I fear I may not be able to help you either. Moloduopheles has a point, you are part of a balance that needs to be upheld, and warring with your other half will bring nothing to keep the world in line. If you were to bring your fight to the mortal world, you may very well tear it in half with the conflict! And even then, what place has more sky to rule over than this plane? Look around you, Prixlezub, in your banishment, you have gotten the better half of the deal. If you hate the path of your other half so much, then stay here and forge your own. I already command my own kingdom within the storms, I have no interest with this petty squabble over power." The Aeronemnon replied, his tone stern as he looked the demon in the eye. "Like Moloduopheles, I choose to remain here."

A low growl rumbled forth from Prixlezub, disappointed that both rulers had left his side, despite his creating them. Two demonic types who had abilities that could help the demon's cause, and they both turned out to be complete and utter cowards. Already irritated and brooding over his defeat at the hands of the deity, to find that his own creations repelled him as well was just the final straw. He had slaved to steal those very teeth that had created them, to ensure that the demon could prove he could create life as well as that pompous Chryslirrbog who preached so much about world order. To see and hear such talk coming from his own creations, his own children... It sickened him.

"So be it..." The demon snarled, the magma about his feet beginning to churn and boil. "If you will not come willingly and fight, then I shall have to force you to join my cause. I will not have my own children spouting the talk of my enemy! And neither will I allow my children to act like such cowards."

"So be it!" the king of storms shrieked, his wings spreading to their full length. A few powerful beats of the great wings was all he needed to carry him to the clouds above. "If you think your war over pride and power to be more important than your role in things, then I shall stay to the clouds. I wish nothing to do with a creature that is so egotistical, or their kin! If you so wish to enlist me into your army, then you may as well grow wings and fight me and my kin among the storms!"

With that, the outraged king of storms gave a departing shriek, before disappearing into the thunderstorm overhead. The very clouds themselves seeing to part like great curtains for the sky-bound monarch, and then closing as the very tip of his tail retreated into the clouds above. Prixlezub was now left with Moloduopheles, smoke rolling from his grill and maw furiously as he stared down the blind king of the mountain.

The locomotogephor was not as hasty to leave as Defialberith, the monarch of earth 'staring' down Prixlezub quite calmly despite his outburst. "It is disappointing to see you act like this, One of Dark. We had hoped you were better than to behave like such a child. I will return to the mountains, and you... If you try and follow, let it be known that my kin are as willing to fight for me as your kin does for you."

Moloduopheles as well retreated below the earth, sand and just flying up as his body dived through it like water. Now the demon was left alone, the only company he had being the churning storms above him, and the swirling sands below...
    Universal NPC
    Non-Player Character

Non-Player Character

Post by Universal NPC on Thu May 17, 2012 11:29 pm

Indeed, the demon's past had been much less than tactful, as shown by that little flashback. Though, as the elder soon figured out that Prixlezub knew a bit more than he thought he did, Flad'Nag paused in his teachings. The old Noslot did not seem insulted by the other's knowledge, as he expected him to know something about leadership when he came here. What the Elder was meaning to do was to give the demon a few tips and pointers on being a good leader, not reteach him the whole thing from the ground up.

"Ah yes, I figured you would have known these, Tra'Yzon." The Elder murmured, nodding slowly. "All leaders, both good and bad alike, should have some reiteration of these four elements I told you just now."

Seeing that the demon had no real questions for the Elder, Flad'nag began to ponder what other wisdom he could bestow upon the demon prince, a hand reaching up to grip the edge of his mask thoughtfully. He had already covered the behavior, and mental state of a leader, speaking about listening to one's people would only go and repeat what he had said earlier in their discussion. What could he tell the demon that he already did not know...

"Hmm..." Flad'Nag rumbled, speaking to himself for a moment, the words much too quiet for even the babblefish to pick up on. "..."

The demon wanted to know everything there was to being a good leader, but how could the Elder teach him everything, when he himself did not know all the tricks? Perhaps the rest of the demon's lesson would have to lie with yet another elder... That's it! Instead of having the demon listen to Flad'nag solely for his teachings, he could go and speak with all four of the Elders, and learn what knowledge they had to teach him. It was perfect!

"I'm afraid that is all I have to offer for you, my friend." The elder sighed, starting to walk out of the secluded cavern. "I suggest you seek the other three, they will have plenty to teach you."
    Prixlezub
    Inactive Account

Inactive Account

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    510/510  (510/510)
    Stamina Bar:
    92/92  (92/92)

Post by Prixlezub on Fri May 18, 2012 12:37 am

What? That was all the Elder had to offer, was it? To be honest, the prince was hoping that Flad'Nag had more to offer him, perhaps some wisdom that had not been revealed by his older mentors. Though, when he heard what the Elder suggested, the demon started to look a little uneasy. He knew Flad'nag quite well, the other elders though, they were not as familiar to him. In fact, he had hardly spoken with them, save for the few times he needed to. Nrog'Aara seemed pleasant enough, his voice was gentle and quite calm. Glin'Glim on the other hand, was quite brash, passionate in his work, brave. The Elder was a true warrior at heart from what the demon could tell. As for Salo'Gel, the demon had never really talked with the more fleet-of-foot Elder. The man always seemed quite distant to him.

Nonetheless, he would speak to them, as directed by Flad'nag. The elder had a point with telling him to talk to the others.

"I see. I shall go and visit the others, as you have advised." The demon rumbled, getting to his feet. "Thank you for teaching me what you could, it is most appreciated."

With nothing more to say to the old leader, the demon simply joined him as they walked out of the cavern. Two leaders, both from different worlds, traversing the caves silently. The prince would be taking the time to reflect on the lessons he had learned, and prepare for the new ones that would come.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed Dec 13, 2017 11:09 pm