Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Looking to the Stars

Post by Prixlezub on Sat May 12, 2012 5:20 pm

Time: 7:03 PM
    Date: December 16th, 2011

A few months had passed since the demon had been stranded upon the jungle planet. His wounds that had been bandaged were taken care of and maintained throughout the weeks he had stayed with the rather primitive people of the planet. However, during the demon's stay, he saw something rather admirable in the natives that lived here, as much as he hated to admit it. Their strength, determination, their desire to survive no matter the cost was something he could not help but smile at, reminding him all too much of his own kin when he was back in Automotive Hell. Sure, they certainly lacked the more sinful tendencies of his brethren, and they lacked the higher abilities of thought and planning, hardly as manipulative as the demons that the prince ruled over.

The demon prince gave a small rumble as he passed through the caves, looking around at the other natives as he ascended up to the surface. What once was a mere sixty-six had nearly doubled, since the Elders had decided to send out a few squads of natives to find other villages. Their search had thankfully been fruitful, as a week later, a few couriers returned to the village to speak to the Elders, bringing news of the neighbors. The other villages managed to have a few rather interesting innovations of their own, some of them being more advanced than the ones Flad'Nag's village had. It lifted the demon's spirits some, seeing as how he had a better chance of returning to Portal Breach with the added brain power of the more advanced village. Though, he had to admit, their leaders were quite interesting to behold.

Their Elders looked more like warlords, paint upon their masks and many skulls adorning their bodies. All of which seemed to be of creatures that were a real challenge to kill, according to Glin'Glim. Prixlezub was careful about showing himself to these natives when they visited the village, no matter how amiable they seemed to the Elders of the village he resided in. As for the kin of the new village, they were quite robust, hardy and stocky with muscle, probably bred for war. Inwardly, the demon wondered if the other village may have just come over and conquered them if he did not give the idea of looking for new villages to join theirs. Negotiations had taken a few weeks to get done, the demon managing to hear a great bout of arguing and talking through the halls of the caverns, the other village obviously wanting a few things that the Elders were not so sure of giving up, one of them mentioning the crystals, from what he had heard.

In favor of keeping their village alive, the Elders hesitantly allowed the other village a portion of their share of the powerful crystals. However, their village was not left high and dry either, as the Elders demanded the technology of the other village, along with the education that they had. Oh, what was their name? The demon pondered for a moment, stepping carefully around a campfire as he made his way to a cliff he rather enjoyed to sit out on. Ah yes, now he remembered; the Branack Clan. The stars glistened brightly here, with no artificial light or smog of factories to get in the way. As he lumbered about the path he had carved for himself in the thick jungle, trees having been pushed over, and the dark soil having been turned over and glassed by his hot, heavy feet. Every so often, a few stray branches would knock into a few hanging things upon the demon's rear-most horns. Cleaned bone jangled and clunked together, trophy skulls that were tied to the metallic protrusions with strings of strong sinew.

The demon had been busy during his stay upon the planet as well. Prixlezub learned quickly of the tribe and their ways, adopting a few of their customs to better integrate himself into their fold. With his great strength, the demon was able to easily take down beasts that even the strongest of hunters upon this planet had trouble with. Even without his claws, the demon's strong body crushed them all like they were nothing. It earned him plenty of respect from both the clan he was in, and the warlord-like clan that had joined them, the demon managing to rise up in the ranks of the village due to his abilities. Or at least, rise up the ranks in terms of societal admiration.

After walking a few miles, the demon prince arrived at the cliff, a great clearing the vast forest opening up before him, before dropping off into a deep valley below. Plodding over to an especially glassed over area, the demon eased himself down to the ground, smoke rolling from his grill as he settled, the bones hanging from his horns chiming about once more as they were jostled. Tucking his claws beneath his chest, the demon looked upwards to the sky, his six eyes searching the vast, indigo space for a certain star, or more, a certain planet. The demon's brow furrowed as he focused, tracing the constellations he had drawn out in his mind. Following the curve of a group of stars, the demon soon found a familiar red planet, orbiting about a rather blue-ish looking one.

Aha, There it was.

The demon's gaze softened, knowing that the planet was indeed still there, and in turn, his home. Watching the planet from his exile, the demon allowed his mind to drift.
    Universal NPC
    Non-Player Character

Non-Player Character

Level : ??

Re: Looking to the Stars

Post by Universal NPC on Sat May 12, 2012 10:18 pm

While the demon had been out, traversing the beaten path to an old sanctuary of his own, the Elders of the village had been at work. Both the leaders of the Branack and Noslot clan had come to a meeting, discussing a few of the more diplomatic problems between their tribes. However, most of it was quite trivial, and easy to solve. The leaders had come to a unanimous decision over the matter, and the meeting was adjourned, each of them going their separate ways afterwards. While many of them just had gone home, one of them had taken a different turn in their path. Flad'Nag walked down from the meeting cave, his steps echoing hollowly against stone walls as he wandered past the homes of his kin. Many nodded respectfully as he passed, others greeting him briefly as they went about their business.

As the Elder walked near the tunnel that lead out to the surface however, he could not help but feel a sort of tingle in his gut. The kind that wished him to go out, though for what reason was really unknown even to the wise Elder. But, if anything had taught the old Noslot well, it was to follow his instincts. After all, just look at what that lead to with Tra'Yzon! His scaled feet carried him up to smooth incline to the surface, a land covered in thick, tall trees that spanned for what seemed to be forever. Vines dropped down from a few of the lower branches, while some of the more harmless creatures scuttled about the canopy, whooping and howling their songs of the evening. To an outsider to this planet, they probably would have found the sounds to be quite haunting, perhaps enough to send a few of their hairs on end. The Elder on the other hand, he seemed to just look on as he walked further into the jungle, following a similar path that a certain demon had used.

His clawed feet soon started to clack and clatter against the glassed over ground, a strange sound to the Elder who was more used to the crushing of undergrowth beneath his toes. It never ceased to intrigue Flad'Nag, how this demon seemed to forge his own paths wherever he tread. While his gait was not nearly as great and quick as the demon prince, he did manage to make it to the cliff all the same, pausing himself as he entered the clearing to look out at the stars. They all were shining so brilliantly tonight, it was no wonder that Tra'Yzon came out here. His gaze dropped from the sky to look over at the demon, who seemed to be quite deep in thought, perhaps even looking a bit troubled even from how his brow furrowed. Perhaps the demon missed his home?

Walking over to his ally, the Elder sat down next to him, crossing his legs and smoothing out his hides as he joined Tra'Yzon in his star gazing. "...Beautiful, aren't they, Tra'Yzon?" He said quietly after some time of sitting next to the demon. "We look up to them, and we see the Gods looking down upon us, sending messages through the lights they have placed in the sky. I wonder, what do you see when you look up to the stars?"
    Prixlezub
    Champion of the Ss'ruul
    Champion of the Ss'ruul

Level : 60

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Prixlezub on Sat May 12, 2012 11:21 pm

Many things passed through the demons mind as he sat there, his life, his choices, but most of all, his mistakes. The demon prince had made many before and after he had come to gamma X, most of which he rightfully regretted. Now that the prince was finally away from Portal Breach, and away from his need to overpower not only his rival, but the world around him, the demon had been given much more time to think inwardly instead of outwardly. Though the prince was unable to see Portal Breach clearly in the distance, he figure that by now it had to be winter. Ah yes, winter, Prixlezub remembered it very well. It had been the season in which he had made a rivalry to Megamind, or at least, the first one that had come here. The second one he was unsure of, though he had heard that the alien was quite different. or at least, that was what he had heard before he had been sent here. The demon never managed to get a chance to meet the alien before he was banished to this planet. Not that he really cared at the moment. At the same time, winter was when he had met Iblis, the demoness who later turned out to be Layla. A strange turn of events that even surprised him.

Ah yes, Layla. the demon's eyes dimmed and turned away from the planet upon recalling the demoness, her name burning in his chest like an old wound now. One that he wanted to try and heal. However, how would he even manage it? She had shown him quite vividly just how much she had despised him, having conspired against him to send him out into space. Ending up on this planet was merely a stroke of luck, the more he thought about it. She probably had wanted him in that eternal sleep forever. A small puff of smoke billowed from Prixlezub's grill as he thought over this realization, the black cloud rolling away with the night breeze.

Rolling away to reveal Flad'Nag sitting next to him. The demon had been in such deep thought, he hardly even heard the Elder walk up to him. Prixlezub gave the old Noslot clan-member a small nod, acknowledging him before looking back up to the sky, his gaze glancing about for a few seconds before resting upon a familiar red dot in the sky. Planet Z. Despite how much the demon knew most of this was his fault, he could not help but wonder about the alien's role in the whole thing. Had he really gone all the way out there to settle an old rivalry at the beckon of the prince's wife, or had there been some other purpose behind it? Maybe the alien even had a hand in making the demoness go through with her decision.

Before the demon was able to think on this prospect, however troubling, the Elder spoke up. His calm voice distracted the demon prince momentarily from his thoughts, fiery eyes looking down at shimmering black eyes that seemed to look so peaceful. How envious the demon was, that the native could look up to the sky and find peace in Gods that he saw within the stars, while all the demon saw were the two planets that caused him so much grief.

"..." The demon pondered as he mulled over the question given to him, unsure if the man was trying to just make small talk, or perhaps try and delve into something deeper. "I see many things." The demon rumbled at last, his words slow and thought out. "I see suns, moons, nebulae... Though most of all, I see that which I miss."

The demon prince shifted his weight slightly, his thick tail curling about his body like that of a great cat. "This planet, as much as I appreciate all you have done for me, allowing me to stay here and to help with the village, there is something that is missing in here." The demon rumbled, tapping a stubby finger to the plating upon his chest. He gave a small sigh, knowing that what he said could hardly explain what he meant to say. Even babblefish could not express thoughts for him, they could only translate the spoken word. Prixlezub lowered his head to look at the glassed over ground of the clearing, gathering his thoughts silently. "Despite how I am surrounded by allies... I feel alone, Flad'Nag. Do you understand what I mean?"
    Universal NPC
    Non-Player Character

Non-Player Character

Post by Universal NPC on Sun May 13, 2012 12:12 am

The old native listened patiently to Tra'Yzon's words, his gaze upon the glistening stars in the distance. The demon's words, while translated, were more than clear enough to the Elder. After all, the demon had not been the only one to express homesickness before. While the elder himself had never experienced such a banishment as the demon, he knew what it was like to be far away from home. Flad'nag knew what is was like to be around those who were not his family, his kin. "I see, Tra'Yzon..." The elder nodded, his gaze turning from the stars to the demon's burning eyes. "You miss your home, you wish to return. Even with what you have told me about World Eater and Who Breathes Acid and Fumes, it is where you belong. I hold no venom towards your thoughts, my friend. I have tread where you have as well during my life. Though, unlike me... I am not sure how you would return to your home." The elder pondered, looking up to a group of rather bright stars in the distance.

Tra'Yzon was of the stars, so could he not return when he wanted? Though, perhaps there was another reason for his presence despite his feelings of loneliness. Looking between the demon and the starry skies above them, Flad'nag began to think deeply upon the matter, trying to figure how the demon would return home. Perhaps he would need to be released? Had they bound the guardian to their planet by allowing him to help with their village? No matter how long the elder kept his gaze upon the sky, the stars told him nothing that made the answer clear to him. Although, maybe the guardian was supposed to stay here until their village saw prosperity once more, or perhaps until a certain goal was reached.

Shaking his head, the elder decided that the best way to find the answer to a question, was simply to ask that which could give the answer. Turning to Tra'Yzon, the elder looked into the endless fire that was the demon's eyes, thinking over his question carefully before asking.

"My friend... Is there anything we can do to ease your sadness? Perhaps there is a way back to your home, a path that only your kind can tread?" The elder asked carefully. Though the demon was his friend, he did not want to accidentally insult the great being through saying something foolish.
    Prixlezub
    Champion of the Ss'ruul
    Champion of the Ss'ruul

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Prixlezub on Sun May 13, 2012 1:32 am

A native of their own planet, feeling homesick? The demon did not really understand how the native could feel such a way when he was never removed from his home. Though, the demon did remember a few things back when he had observed the mortal world in his disguise. Sometimes a home was smaller than a planet, many were content to call a shack made out of sticks their home. He understood what the alien meant, but he could not really understand how that could be applied to him. Could the elder really go and relate a village that he lived in to the planet that the prince was banished from? They were so different, so strange in terms of what they were. And yet, they were so similar.

Prixlezub chewed over the elder's words within his mind, knowing what Flad'Nag had been meaning to say without him really having to say it in exact detail. Though, when the old native said that he tread where had, the demon prince could not help but wonder just how far the elder had gone down a similar path. He highly doubted that the old Noslot had been so foolish as to make the same mistakes that he had, but it was worth asking, if only to get some of this weight off of his chest.

"You say you have walked a similar path as I. Tell me, Flad'Nag, just how far have your feet taken you?" The demon turned himself to look at the greying native fully, leaning his head down until it was level with the Elder's masked face. "I have been banished by an enemy, yes, but a planet is not only what I miss. It is what is on that planet that strikes me so painfully." The demon rumbled, nodding to the planet he was staring at earlier. "There, that blue planet in that star cluster there... That is my home. I have left a garden there in my leave, but I have also left one that was dear to me."

The demon turned his gaze back up to the sky for a few minutes, silent save for the sound of his breathing. His thoughts briefly turned back to Layla, before he had been brought here to the Gamma. Back when things were so much simpler than this constant struggle to find meaning in existence, when the world itself held no real purpose other than to house them. Well, to him it was simpler. Wars and fighting were always more of his forte instead of the philosophical. He left that to those who had nothing better to do then to sit around and let their minds wander for no good reason. The demon on the other hand, he could never let himself be so idle, not when he could be accomplishing something of value. Layla though, she seemed to change something in him whenever she was around. The demon hunter, for all of her brutality against his kin, tamed him. not in the way of a pet, but more in the way of allowing Prixlezub to enjoy the simpler things of life instead of conquest, the constant rush to try and gain advantage in a never ending war. She was his haven.

So why had he been so brash as to let her become so barren?

The demon prince gave a low sigh, smoke and embers puffing from his maw. The prince's heavy brow drooped, giving him a rather depressed expression upon his fearsome features. For once, the demon really seemed to look old, the thick hide that protected his body sagging in places upon his face with the change in expression. "Flad'Nag, have you ever lost someone so close, you would have never imagined what it would be like for them to be apart from you?" The demon asked, keeping his gaze upon the stars.

The demon hardly even heard the next question that the elder asked him, his brow furrowing slightly as he tilted his head as he registered what little he had paid attention to. In all the time he had spent on this planet, the demon had all but forgotten about his plan to return home. Funny, seeing as how he missed it so much. Inwardly, the demon wondered if maybe it would be better if he did not return, given how Layla had seemed so adamant in ensuring his banishment. Even if he wanted to return anyways, what good would it do? The demoness hated him, and if he returned and she found out about it, she surely would hunt him down. And Zurg... The demon pushed the alien from his mind. He would deal with him when the time came. Though that one word rolled about in his mind, if. IF he were found, IF she were to see that he returned. Part of his survival was always left with chance, the other part was left with his decisions.

Looking back down at the native next to him, the demon pondered his answer for a moment, weighing the options in his mind. After a few moments though, the demon turned away, a puff of smoke rolling from his grill in a snort. "Even if you were to help me return, there is nothing productive that would come of it. In my state, I would be easily flung back here again. And she...She would still resent me."
    Universal NPC
    Non-Player Character

Non-Player Character

Post by Universal NPC on Sun May 13, 2012 2:02 am

Not only had the guardian been removed from his home, but also his love as well? The elder listened to the demon as he lamented, knowing quite well what he meant. "Yes, I have lost as well, my friend." The Elder nodded, turning his gaze from the demon to look up at the night sky. "Many times I think that she is up there, looking down upon me from the stars..." The native raised a bony finger to point at a rather bright looking one, a star that shimmered a bright blue in the vastness of space. "There. That is her." He stated, lowering his arm and focusing on that single twinkling light for a few moments. "She smiles at me every night, Tra'Yzon. I see her smiling from up there, don't you?"

Though, the old native's cheerful look faded when he looked back at the demon, who seemed to be focused on a rather dull, blue planet. Looking between the demon and the planet he was gazing at, the elder could not help but notice how wrinkled and old Tra'Yzon looked, like his sadness was aging him. The elder had seen this sort of thing before, heart sickness. If the demon was left to wallow in this state, he would wither like many a foolish lover. A pathetic state to be in for any living being, one that Flad'Nag did not want to see happen to his friend. The elder gave a quiet sigh, looking back up to the stars for a moment. There had to be a way to get Tra'Yzon out of this depression. Whether it be homesickness or not, sitting in it did nothing for anyone.

"Your home, it is quite beautiful, though it could never compare to my Ele'Hana in her radiance." The Elder said proudly, "But, I find it strange, you wish to go home, and yet you fear it. Your fears that stem from her resenting you, yes, I can see where they could dampen your spirits. But crush them? Tra'Yzon, my friend, we all make our mistakes in life, some can be fixed, others cannot. but, we can always move on from them, that is how we grow, he we become stronger."

The Elder sat there for a few moments, looking at the demon as he turned his head away. For such a large creature, so powerful and ingenious, Tra'Yzon certainly had a weak approach to his problems. "If you stay here, you will never be able to see if you can fix what you have broken. If you must leave to do so, then leave and see to your resentful loved one. Problems have never been solved through running away, my friend."

The Elder admittedly was a little blunt in what he had to tell the demon, but it certainly had its lesson within it. That is, if the demon felt like fishing it out.
    Prixlezub
    Champion of the Ss'ruul
    Champion of the Ss'ruul

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Prixlezub on Sun May 13, 2012 2:41 am

Wait, how did he--?

The demon looked down at the elder for a moment, trying to figure out just how he had known about his problem so clearly? Though, from the way that the elder looked at him, that knowing twinkle in his eye, it was better not to question it. The wisdom of generations ran through this man, and even more, he probably knew this sort of thing when he saw it. A sort of clairvoyance even. However, for the old Noslot to think that it would be as easy as confronting the demoness? That was another matter, he may have figured out that the demon's wife had resented him for some sort of problem in the past, but the man hardly knew what kind of problem it was. This was not a little domestic scuffle over who was sleeping on the couch, Flad'Nag!

"I do not think it is as simple as that, with all your years of wisdom." The demon said, shaking his head as he looked at the smaller creature. "Our dispute was more than just a simple disagreement that turned more than sour. It is complicated."

Oh, and who hasn't said that one before?

"When I was still there on our planet, my wife and I... We often hunted together, allowing ourselves to become one on the battlefield, in sync with our motives and conquest against our enemies. But one day we faced an especially hard enemy, and she died. I know I was at fault for it, I could have saved her, but...I never brought myself to spare her from her demise. Our world is a strange one Flad'Nag, when one dies, we do not stay dead, we are reborn after a trial of sorts. And so, after a while she had returned to me. but I suspect that she had sought the council of others before she had returned to me. I fear she had gone to meet with Eater of Worlds upon her return." Prixlezub explained, his bloodied fingers curling a little more under his chest. "My wife... She was Who Breathes Acid and Fumes. We never fought like this until she had returned, and I wonder if she had willingly sought the help of Eater of Worlds in order to gain revenge. She wanted me dead, Flad'Nag. I'm not sure that confronting her over this matter will help at all, it may just make it worse than it is already."

And just look at how bad the demon was already off. gutted, de-clawed, de-horned, his blade removed, and sent here in an asteroid. Those plates that covered his wounds were none too flattering either.
    Universal NPC
    Non-Player Character

Non-Player Character

Post by Universal NPC on Sun May 13, 2012 3:18 am

Well, you could not say that Flad'Nag was expecting that. Sure, he figured that the demon had made a few mistakes in his relationship, but the elder had never before heard of someone outright being the reason of the demise of their partner. Well, maybe once or twice. Though in their culture, it was very rare that the female was with their husband during a fight, or even while hunting. Their role was at home, tending to the children and keeping the cave tidied and orderly. Along with doing the work around the house and gathering the mineral rich plants that grew on the planet for their food. The males ensured that the village was safe, hunted, and went out to find resources. Though the females of their village were more than strong enough as well to ensure that the village was safe, their rules were set in place generations ago, a long while back when some things were meant for the females, and others for the males. Now though, not so much. Tra'Nosk was a great example of how her gender was more than capable of being useful for more than just a housewife.

Turning his attention to the demon prince, Flad'Nag rubbed a finger over his bony mask, a thoughtful hum rumbling from his throat as he pondered the demon's predicament. It was quite surprising that the demon had once been allied with what was now an enemy, but not so much that the elder could not wrap his mind around it. He knew as much as any other that time and the world itself had a way of changing things. However, he still felt there was something more to this that the demon was not saying.

"You say that you two never have fought, and she only had started to fight with you after her return from death..." The elder echoed, letting his arms rest upon a knee as he gazed upon the demon. "I suspect there is more to your wife that you had not seen, Tra'Yzon. And I doubt that Eater of Worlds was the only one to bring this side out of your wife, if your suspicions are correct. I have seen many things in my life, Tra'Yzon. I have seen something similar to what your wife has done, not quite as brutally grand, but certainly similar. From what you tell me, Who Breathes Acid and Fumes probably had been feeling this way for a while before she had confronted you. Perhaps her death was the final straw that had broken her back, as they say. "

The wizened elder gave the demon a sidelong glance, the light of the demon's mane giving them a rather intelligent shimmer. "I believe there is more to this story than what you are telling me, Tra'Yzon. Open up, tell me everything so you may be able to confront your own demons, my friend."

Go on Prixlezub, it was not like you had anything more to lose.
    Prixlezub
    Champion of the Ss'ruul
    Champion of the Ss'ruul

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Prixlezub on Sun May 13, 2012 9:22 pm

Did the elder truly just suggest that Prixlezub did not know his own wife? The thought itself seemed so outrageous, though at the same time it made perfect sense. His brow furrowing, the demon thought back, beyond when he had realized it was Layla who had followed him to Portal Breach from through the portals. Back when she had been known as Iblis instead of the demon hunter he had loved so dearly. Even then, he had been blind to know it was her despite the similarities that had been so prevalent in her mannerisms. Her stubborness, ferocity, cunning. It all had been there, under his very nose, but he failed to see it through the guise that the demoness wore. And in that, he treated her like any other subordinate like those before her.

He had been harsh, he had been brutal in upholding the rather militant ways of their kind, and in that he wondered if he had scarred her. Could someone still remember something, even if they were not all there to begin with? The prince looked back to her banishment to the wastes, when he had removed her hide, her claws, her stomach. The demon glanced down at the plated patch upon his belly, where the demoness had removed his own organ. It was no coincidence that she went through the ritual she did before sending him here. She wanted him to be banished in the same, humiliating fashion that Iblis had been banished all those months ago.

"You remember the time you had me banished, do you? Do you remember what you did before you had me thrown out into the desert with only the blood from your wrath upon my back and what little I had left of myself? I certainly do, I remember it very clearly. While I was rotting away down in the Pool of Souls, I began to figure that if I ever got out of there, that I would do this to you on my return. A fitting end to your rule, banished and shamed just as I had been."

Yes, those words still rung quite true within the demon's mind, clear as the day that they had been spoken. The demon's memory was never one to skimp on the details, no matter how painful they may be. Pondering over the memories that swirled within his head, Prixlezub began to wonder if perhaps the demoness had been scarred all this time, traumatized by everything that went on before she became fully aware of herself. Had the demoness been so scared of him all this time, so much that she could not bring herself to speak her thoughts? As much as the prince wanted to push that possibility aside, he could not help but see it fit in so perfectly with the recent events.

His gaze returning to the greyed Noslot elder, the demon let forth a small plume of smoke from his grill before explaining himself. "A long, long time ago... Who Breathes Acid and Fumes was half of what she is, a creature who was known as The Insolent. She was much like the one I loved, though she lacked the memories. I had not been able to see the one I loved within her through my own blindness, and so she was treated as any other soldier who served me would. During that time, she had been insubordinate to the extreme, and with my rank, I am not supposed to just let that slip by." The demon explained, keeping his gaze upon the elder. "I had banished her in a similar fashion that she had banished me, and upon her return... I wonder if I had broken something inside of her, perhaps even scarred her."He sighed, his head hanging low to the ground.

"Had I known it was her, I would have never hurt her. Never." Prixlezub rumbled, his words laced with regret.

And yet, he had hurt her so much even after he had realized the demoness was Layla.
    Universal NPC
    Non-Player Character

Non-Player Character

Post by Universal NPC on Sun May 13, 2012 9:57 pm

Aha, just as he thought. There was something more to this than a simple scuffle. Tra'Yzon's mate, his wife, as he liked to call her apparently, was scared of him. With what the demon had told him, the prices were very much starting to fall into place. A beloved wife, haunted by the past deeds of her husband had finally seen the last act to make her turn and seek revenge against her husband. Yes, it all was making perfect sense now. Looking at the saddened demon, Flad'Nag found himself give a small chuckle, patting his knee with a bony hand. Though make no mistake, the elder was not laughing over the demon's plight, but more over how he was taking the whole situation! This whole thing could be solved so easily if he did not fear the one he loved so much.

"My friend! Why do you lament so?" The Elder pipped up, his eyes shimmering once more with a rather joyful gleam. "This is not something to mourn over, not while she can still be helped."

The Elder got to his feet, pointing at the planet that the prince had been gazing at so longingly earlier. The blue shimmer of Portal Breach but a dot in the distance next to Planet Z. "You need to return to her, Tra'Yzon. You need to show her that you are able to fix this mistake, to make her believe that you are not as monstrous as she thinks you to be." Flad'Nag explained, straightening his mask as he turned to look at the demon prince who was still sitting next to him, sulking and mourning like as if this was something that could never be fixed. Such pessimistic and childish logic!

"You have to return, leaving this problem be will only allow it to fester, and your wife will forever see you as a monster within her mind if you do not prove her otherwise." The alien said, standing in a rather authoritative stance towards the demon prince, much like a father would to a child. Though, in a way, he was very much like that, the old native having years upon years of wisdom within his brain, and the demon? Well, he certainly had ingenuity, but wisdom did not seem to be the prince's strong suit in this life.
    Prixlezub
    Champion of the Ss'ruul
    Champion of the Ss'ruul

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Prixlezub on Sun May 13, 2012 11:22 pm

What? How could Flad'nag take this situation so lightly! Layla despised him, she hated him, she absolutely wanted nothing to do with him again, possibly for the rest of his existence. How could the native possibly see any sort of upside to this circumstance? The demon's gaze quickly turned from one of sadness to that of outrage, smoke rolling from his grill openings as he stared down the elder before him, hardly wishing to listen to the creature when he took his plight like as if it were but an insect! Prixlezub had half of a mind to smash the creature where he was for such, such, naivety!

However, as the elder explained himself, the demon began to soften. His brow unwrinkled from the furious snarl he held earlier, his mane calming and dwindling down to its usual flicker. As Flad'Nag lectured the prince with his advice, the demon started to understand what he meant. Yes, like the old native said earlier, running from his problems would do nothing for him. A smart demon would see the wisdom in the elder's words. The more he thought upon the other's opinion on the matter, the more it began to make sense. After all, if Layla was allowed to just sit there, continually thinking that he was a terrible, horrible, malicious creature, she would continue to think that way. In fact, she may even make it worse the more that she pondered upon it, the demon mused inwardly.

A small grin turned the sides of the prince's bandaged maw upwards, a deep rumble echoing from deep within his chest. "Hmhmhm..." Was he laughing? It had been a long while since the demon had laughed, or in this case, chuckled even. "I see now. The way I was looking at this was the way of a coward. My fears of making my wife hate me even more than she does now had clouded my judgement, the truth that if I do not go and find her again, it may just be as ill-fated a decision as staying here and doing nothing about it."

The demon's gaze turned back to the distant planet of Portal Breach, not feeling as troubled as he once did. Though, there still was the matter of getting back, and he doubted that he could return there as easily as he had left. The planet was but a small dot in the distance from where he was standing, how would he be able to return there to his wife? This planet lacked the means of space travel, and even if he were to jump start the natives into helping him along right now, it would be years before they could get to the point of space travel.

...Or would it?

Getting up, the demon rolled his shoulders before starting to walk out of the clearing, back down the glassed over path to the village. "Flad'Nag my friend. Have I ever told you about this revolutionary thing called a Power Generator? They were quite popular back where I lived. I think your kind could benefit from them as well." The demon rumbled, seeming a bit more cheery now thathe had been given that rather useful counseling. "I shall tell you about it on the way back."

And thus, the seeds for Industrial Revolution were planted...

Current date/time is Tue Aug 22, 2017 10:45 am