Portal Breach: The Collision of Worlds :: v.4.0

Visions? Voices? I'm a robot, not a clairvoyant!

Lawrence

Level : 60

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Visions? Voices? I'm a robot, not a clairvoyant!

Post by Lawrence on Sun Apr 01, 2012 10:24 am

Time: 10:00 AM
    Date: 4/1/2012

It is time....

Oh dear Orvus, there it was again! Even through the static that had constantly plagued his audio receptors the past few days, Lawrence could still catch the faintest whisperings of a voice, saying the same thing over and over. When he first came online earlier in the morning, the sound had just been different enough from the rest of the static that he couldn't help but focus on it. Once he had, he gave himself the fright of his life; it was a miracle he managed to kill the power to his vocalizer before he could let loose a scream that would've woken Jo, Proxy, and the cats. After that strange dream or vision from the other night, this was nearly too much.

The butler managed to hide his panic fairly well, however. For the most part it was a fairly typical morning, aside from the difficulties in getting Jo to eat her breakfast. Unfortunately, Lawrence just kept hearing that whispering voice. He didn't want to tell Jo about that, or about the vision he had . . . it wasn't the sort of thing she could fix, he knew that in the depths of his processor. It... might even frighten her away, and that was the last thing he wanted. When his worries grew a bit too close to revealing themselves, he finally stated he planned to meet a friend today and headed out.

That was what brought Lawrence to the Stock Pot Inn when he hadn't ventured anywhere near it in months. Impa was from a mystical kingdom, right? That Hyrule that quite a few residents of the Breach hailed from. Surely she would know something about possibly prophetic dreams and hearing strange voices, wouldn't she? The butler entered the inn, then stepped up to the front desk where the young innkeeper usually was, his voice perhaps a little shaky. "E-excuse me, but is Impa here? I need to speak with her; it's quite urgent..."
    Wind Waker Link
    Stock Pot Inn Staff

Stock Pot Inn Staff

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Re: Visions? Voices? I'm a robot, not a clairvoyant!

Post by Wind Waker Link on Sun Apr 01, 2012 5:28 pm

Link was sitting there glaring into the depths of a cup of tea when the front door jingled. He looked up, surprised to see Lawrence walking through the door. He pushed his cup of tea aside for the time being, leaving wondering exactly why it tasted beyond bizarre for later time. Why did he make himself a cup of tea in the first place when he didn't even have the appetite for it? Simple because he could barely find the will to eat breakfast earlier and he knew his stomach was far from as full as he liked it so he figured a snack of tea and cookies would motivate him to eat. Though now that the cookie was on the plate and the tea was sitting there, the usual effect of making him peckish simply wasn't there. At all. And this was worrying him greatly.

He stared up at Lawrence, blinking especially at the shaky voice. Was he hearing right? His brows knitted together with concern. He held up one finger in the standard 'one minute please' and pulled the phone closer to him, quickly dialling the number to Impa's room . He drummed the desk's surface with his fingers as he waited for the Sheikah to pick up and when she did, he quickly handed the receiver to Lawrence.
    Impa
    Stock Pot Inn Staff

Stock Pot Inn Staff

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Impa on Sun Apr 01, 2012 9:05 pm

Something was definitely going on, and the Sage of Shadow didn't like it one bit. For the past two days she had felt -- for lack of a better word -- off. It was an unfamiliar sensation to Impa, but she knew quite well that it wasn't an illness or anything of the sort. No, this was definitely a different affliction all together, and the fact that she did not appear to be the only one feeling some of this troubled her greatly.

Regardless as to what this strange sensation was, Impa couldn't help but feel that it might have something to do with the strong sense of foreboding that she had had for the latter half of the past month, and that sense matched up with some of the recent restless nights that Princess Zelda had had. The dreams, when she had them, were hazy at best, but at least they weren't anything like the series of prophetic dreams she had had before Ganondorf launched his attack on Hyrule Castle. It was not much consolation, but it was something at least, and the Sheikah knew it was best to hold onto that, for the sake of her charge, the two Links, and herself.

The transition from the sense of foreboding into this off feeling had been subtle, and the increasing effects of this newer off feeling were giving her true cause for concern. The air did not smell much less feel right, and that perception remained the same whether she was in the city or even out in the forest. It was heavy and stale, the sky was just stagnant, the plants seemed in desperate need of a horticultural boost, and all of that quite possibly contributed to the fact that her senses of taste and smell currently very skewed… even if the other factors didn't add to this, they certainly had to be connected to it. After all, it was most unusual when she, Zelda, and the two Links had hoped to sit down for a nice meal together and they had only discovered before then that none of them quite felt like it. For three young adults with typically healthy appetites, it was beyond bizarre.

Perhaps the most disconcerting aspect of this strange feeling was the newest one… the deafening silence outside of the inn. With her heightened sense of hearing, Impa was one of the first to notice that the typical background noises of the city, be they hums of machinery, the calls of birds, or anything in between had completely up and vanished. Things just kept getting stranger, and this only steeled the Sheikah's resolve to find out what was happening.

It was about mid-morning at the Stock Pot Inn, and whilst Impa was poring over a recently borrowed book from the library in hopes of learning something about all of these sudden happenings, Zelda was resting on the couch. She had started feeling a little woozy even after she had tried to eat something starchy, so her guardian had seen to it that she lie down for a least a little while and try to rest up. Hoping that lying down would at least help the disguised princess slightly, the Sage of Shadow was pulled from her research when the phone in her room rang. Wondering who it might be (after all, either of the Links typically knocked as did Aicara), she stood and made her way over to the phone, picking it up after its third ring. Holding the receiver to her ear, Impa greeted, "Hello?"
    Zelda/Sheik
    Stock Pot Inn Staff

Stock Pot Inn Staff

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Zelda/Sheik on Sun Apr 01, 2012 9:47 pm

Zelda suppressed a troubled sigh, managing a soft hum instead… why did she feel so… off? It was bad enough that she'd had troubled sleep the past week, but now she felt even worse than she should after catching some simple fatigue. The air felt terribly stagnant and the fact that her appetite was completely messed up was not helping at all. She had tried to make herself eat some toast this morning because she knew she needed to eat, and while it had helped somewhat, it definitely did not hold the same delicious taste that she was used to. An onset of lightheadedness shortly after that had met with Impa having her lie down on the couch, and whilst she was still trying to will herself to feel better, Zelda was quite glad that her guardian had had her go on and lie down. It was definitely helping, even if only a little bit.

A little while after Zelda had taken to the couch, the strange device known as the telephone rang. Even though the two scarcely used it, the disguised princess had learned enough about it and its function to know that this meant that someone was calling them. Curious as to who it might be, she continued to relax and listened as Impa greeted the caller.
    Lawrence

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Lawrence on Sun Apr 01, 2012 10:00 pm

Lawrence waited patiently as Link reached for the phone on the front desk, most likely dialing the number for Impa's room. The boy waited for a few rings, and after it seemed the Sheikah had picked up, handed it to the butler. At the 'Hello?', he answered immediately. "Impa? This is Lawrence. I need to talk to you about something; it's important . . . and perhaps too shocking to be spoken of over this line. It involves the strange happenings as of late, as well. Don't worry about how to find me, I am waiting here at the front desk of the inn."

He paused for a second or two, inwardly debating if he wanted to say anything else. In the end he relented, hoping the words would get his friend down there a bit faster. "Could you hurry, please? I-- I'm a little frightened, to be perfectly honest..."

At that, Lawrence waited for her response, as well as for her arrival in the lobby.
    Impa
    Stock Pot Inn Staff

Stock Pot Inn Staff

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Impa on Mon Apr 02, 2012 12:19 am

Before Impa could say anything else to Lawrence, he jumped to tell her that he had to talk with her about something important. Even before he mentioned that the nature of the topic might be too much for an open line of communication such as the telephone, she could tell from the sound of his voice that he was greatly distressed. Even with as silent as the world had started to become, the Sheikah was admittedly relieved to confirm yet again that she was still able to pick up on speech and tones of inflection contained within it. She focused her gaze slightly at his mention of the recent strange happenings, inwardly wondering what else might be going on here aside from what they had already observed in the past couple of days.

Whilst she was prepared to track down her friend no matter where he was, Impa was glad to note that he was already downstairs in the lobby. Finding him likely wouldn't have been a problem, but this certainly made things easier. She was about to speak during his pause, but she felt as though he had more to say, so she waited herself, right before Lawrence requested that she hurry, also admitting that he was frightened. Hoping that she might be able to help her friend even just a little bit, Impa nodded slightly to herself, stating, "Of course, Lawrence. I'll be right down."

After she put the phone back on the hook, Impa turned to Zelda, finding herself met with with a sweet, concerned gaze from her ward. Even though she didn't feel Lawrence would mind if the disguised princess joined her, between her desire for Zelda to feel better as well as her not wanting to potentially add any undue stress for the butler regardless of his friendship with the young girl, Impa felt it best that she leave her charge here for now. The Sheikah smiled softly to her, saying, "I need to go meet with Lawrence about something… I do not know how long I will be, but I'd like you to continue to rest, Princess."

"All right… thank you, Impa," said Zelda, smiling to her as her guardian stepped over and the two shared a brief hug. Still settling on the couch from that, she added, "Please take care."

"I will, Princess, and you as well." Thinking for a moment as she stood from the hugs, she then noted, "Come and find me if you absolutely need me, but do try to rest up."

"I promise I will," said Zelda, smiling warmly to the Sheikah.

Returning Zelda's smile, Impa soon took a step back and with a swift downward throw of her right hand and a brief cracking flash, she was gone.

----------

A moment later, Impa reappeared at the bottom of the stairs right near the lobby. She had aimed to appear a little ways away from the front desk so as not to startle Lawrence and Link too much, and she soon made up that distance by walking briskly to the front desk. There, she soon spotted Lawrence and the future Link, both of them appearing a bit worse for the wear, her robotic friend especially.

"Hello Lawrence, Link," greeted Impa nodding to both of them and waving slightly to the young boy behind the desk. Focusing back on Lawrence and catching sight that he seemed just about as disconcerted as he had sounded on the phone, she continued with his last request of hurrying, in turn asking, "Where would you like to talk?"
    Lawrence

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Lawrence on Mon Apr 02, 2012 9:27 am

It did not take long for Impa to appear in the lobby after hanging up the phone, much to Lawrence's relief. The Sheikah made her way over to the front desk, greeting the butler as well as the young innkeeper before getting down to business. He was relieved at that too, glad that she acknowledged his request to hurry. If he had been forced to wait very long, well, let's just say it wouldn't have been good for his mental state.

When Impa asked him where he wanted to talk, he took a moment to consider it. "I suppose your own room would do nicely? We are already here at the inn, after all." Something started to nag at Lawrence's mind other than the constant static and occasional whispers, and it was then that he remembered Impa probably wasn't the only one staying in her room. "If Sheik is there, it is all right if the boy stays . . . this strangeness seems to be affecting younger organics even worse than the adults. I wouldn't want to disturb Sheik's rest if that's what he's doing right now."

No, Lawrence didn't really know what Sheik's gender truly was, but defaulted to 'boy' given what he remembered of the child. Still, if Link didn't look like he was feeling well, chances were Sheik wouldn't be either, given they were in a similar age range. Between the butler's programming and the fact Sheik was a friend, it simply wasn't proper to disturb him if it wasn't necessary.
    Impa
    Stock Pot Inn Staff

Stock Pot Inn Staff

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Impa on Mon Apr 02, 2012 6:43 pm

Impa was inwardly quite glad that Lawrence had suggested that the two of them go and talk in her room, and even more so once he mentioned that it was okay by him if Sheik was present. Whilst she fully trusted that Zelda would be all right regardless as to whatever strange happenings were going on, she was both pleased and relieved to be able to watch over her more directly. Nodding to Lawrence, Impa stated, "That would be just fine. Let us head on up then, shall we?" Glancing to Link again, she smiled to the lad and said, "I will see you later, Link. Please be sure to take care of yourself."

At giving the Hero of Winds a look that seemed to say "don't hesitate to seek me out if you need me," Impa nodded to Lawrence and gestured for him to follow her. A short elevator ride later (whilst she typically teleported and/or used the stairs, she knew that the lift device would likely be the best option for Lawrence given his current state… and it still seemed to be one of the few machines that was not glitching at this present time), the two had arrived on the fourth floor, and the Sheikah soon showed the robot into her room, making certain to close the door behind her as she glanced over to Zelda, who was still resting on the couch just as she had been a couple of minutes ago. "Sheik? I'm back… Lawrence suggested we talk in our room."
    Zelda/Sheik
    Stock Pot Inn Staff

Stock Pot Inn Staff

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Zelda/Sheik on Mon Apr 02, 2012 6:45 pm

"Ah, that was good idea," mused Sheik as Impa and Lawrence entered the room, soon sitting up and situating herself so that she was resting against the back of the couch. With a slightly tired smile to her robotic friend, she added, "Hello Lawrence… it's good to see you. I just wish it was a better day for us all."

Most of what the disguised princess was feeling right now was some slightly fatigue as a side effect of the sudden onslaught of slowly intensifying symptoms of whatever was affecting the Breach. She noted to herself that she was starting to slowly feel better for both having forced herself to eat regardless of the taste and for having been laying down for the past while. Impa was likely able to tell this, otherwise she might have said something regarding her sitting up… still, the Sheikah in training was just glad to see that her guardian was back already.

"Please don't mind me… I'm all right, just a little lightheaded," explained Sheik.

"I'm just glad you're feeling better, Sheik," stated Impa, already able to tell that whilst she wasn't fully better by any means, she was a sight better than she had been earlier this morning.

"I am," assured Sheik, nodding a little before glancing back to Lawrence. "Feel free to take a seat if you like, Lawrence."
    Impa
    Stock Pot Inn Staff

Stock Pot Inn Staff

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Impa on Mon Apr 02, 2012 6:47 pm

After giving Lawrence and Sheik the chance to exchange brief greetings, Impa turned to the butler, narrowing her eyes almost imperceptibly when she saw even more of just how panicked her friend truly was. Most of it was fairly well hidden, but between very subtle tells in his posture and demeanor, and of course what she was able to discern with her Eyes of Truth, she was able to glean even more of just how frightened and worried he was.

Hoping that she might be able to help him regardless as to what degree she truly could, Impa started, asking, "You wanted to talk about the strange occurrences that started a couple of days ago, correct? I imagine you might have been affected in a different way from us."

The Sheikah did not wish to alarm him further by noting that he seemed to have been affected by the odd sensations and events as well. After all, her heightened awareness and perception was not the best base to go on, and the last thing she wanted to do was to unintentionally add to his worries.
    Lawrence

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Lawrence on Mon Apr 02, 2012 8:52 pm

Lawrence followed Impa into the elevator, a bit relieved that he didn't have to go up four flights of stairs. It was a fairly quick ride, short enough that he didn't have to concentrate on trying to block out the static and the strange voice still whispering its message in the ensuing silence. Soon enough, Impa led him to the room she shared with Sheik, and the butler returned the child's greeting. "Hello, Sheik . . . I too wish this was a better day, but it is good to see you regardless."

He sat down beside Sheik on the couch, glancing between the younger Sheikah and the elder when Impa spoke again. Well, Lawrence was here to ask about what was happening to him, so he got on with it. "Yes, I have been affected by whatever is afflicting the world, though not as badly as it seems you organics have. I've been hearing static in my audio receptors for the past few days, but now I think I hear a voice amidst the noise . . . it's as if someone is standing behind me, constantly whispering 'It is time' in one receptor or the other. I can manage to tune it out, but it's incessant; I long for the silence some organics have been mentioning. It is also rather worrying, considering what happened to me the night before all of this started..."

Now this was the part Lawrence was really upset about, and he tested the waters first before going much further. "Tell me, do you know anything about prophetic dreams? I fear I may have had one . . . if it were to come true, I would never forgive myself."
    Impa
    Stock Pot Inn Staff

Stock Pot Inn Staff

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Impa on Tue Apr 03, 2012 2:19 am

Impa soon took a seat in the plush armchair that was adjacent to the couch. She wasn't feeling the same light-headedness that Sheik was, but she certainly felt a little better not that she was sedentary again. In addition to that, whilst she and Lawrence were close friends, she did not want to run even the slightest risk of coming across as imposing when he was not in his best mental state. The Sheikah listened intently as he began to describe what had been happening to him. Strange… instead of the overbearing silence that she, Sheik, and the two Links had been hearing the past couple of days, Lawrence had been bombarded with constant static. Had all of the robots on the Breach been affected this way?

The mention of a voice having broken into and added to the nonstop drone in his audio receptors caused Impa to blink and narrow her eyes slightly. That was definitely troubling, both the fact that the voice was there as well as the words that it spoke to Lawrence. Just what in the world was happening here, to everyone and everything?

"Both Sheik and I have been affected by that silence… but please believe me when I say it is not as blissful as the silences we often cherish can be. It is heavy and highly disconcerting… I am just thankful to still be able to hear as much as I can. If you have ever heard of the term 'deafening silence'… this is practically the epitome of that. Regardless… I do hope we can help you out, and I promise to do anything I can to do so."

At Lawrence's next question, Impa looked directly at him, waiting a beat before stating, "Yes, I do. I might have only ever had glimpses of such myself and vague traces of them like most all Sheikah do, but Princess Zelda actually has a gift for prophetic dreams. You recall that I took care of her back in Hyrule… ever since she was a small child, the princess would occasionally have a dream that turned out to be a prophecy. Whether it was something benign or of grave importance, I came to become quite familiar with them and translating their meanings."

Deciding it best for the time being not to tell Lawrence that the princess' prophecies were never wrong, Impa paused for a moment before asking, "Might I ask what you dreamt?"
    Zelda/Sheik
    Stock Pot Inn Staff

Stock Pot Inn Staff

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Zelda/Sheik on Tue Apr 03, 2012 2:43 am

Sheik smiled a bit more at Lawrence's own greeting, and she soon felt glad that she'd moved to sit up on the couch so that her friend could take a seat there as well. She listened to the butler's description of how he had been affected by the strange happenings that had recently taken over the Breach. The disguised princess herself was finding the ever-permeating silence more troublesome than her own lack of appetite and currently dazed feeling, and to add to that, she was a bit worried to learn about how Lawrence had been affected by all of this. Knitting her brows slightly as she learned what the voice was telling him amidst the static, Sheik began to run over this new information in her mind, inwardly wondering if she might be able to figure out what any of it could mean.

Falling in line with the training that Impa had helped her with for nearly one and a half years now, Sheik did not react when her guardian mentioned her true name, much less when she went on to describe her own experience with prophetic dreams. The turn that the conversation took did bring Sheik back to the time when she had had that fateful one that foretold of the events to befall Hyrule, the dream that she had had right before she met Link. Now that was a happy memory… and it definitely helped lift her spirits some around all of this.

Thinking along much the same lines as Impa, that Lawrence did not yet need to know that her own prophetic dreams had always come true, Sheik could not help but wonder and hope that his dream might be a dream of a possible future, but one that was not pre-determined. After all, time flowed like a river and even though her own prophecies had never been wrong, that was not to say that nothing could reverse what the butler had seen. Especially with his last statement, Sheik hoped that she and Impa would be able to help Lawrence out… and furthermore that they could all get to the bottom of and resolve this recent happening.
    Lawrence

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Lawrence on Tue Apr 03, 2012 7:45 pm

Lawrence listened to Impa's words, not entirely convinced that the odd silence the organics were experiencing was anything less than a blessing. He knew what she meant, and in fact disliked the overbearing quiet she mentioned, but the hissing cacophony in his head had been there for entirely too long. Anything would be better than having to endure this slow torture.

Eventually the older Sheikah mentioned Princess Zelda, apparently the same one she had mentioned taking care of before. When it seemed this Zelda had prophetic dreams, and even the Sheikah themselves sometimes caught glimpses of them, Lawrence felt a lot more confident that he had come to the right place. But, was that confidence enough to reveal what had shaken him so badly two nights before? He would have rather not gone into details, but since he was too terrified of losing Jo to tell her any of it, the task of listening fell to the two Sheikah.

The butler sighed to himself then began to speak, thinking not for the first time that his nearly perfect memory was something of a curse. "I will warn you both right now, this is quite disturbing." When it seemed that neither minded, he went on. "I'm not sure where or when it was, though I imagine it may be soon if things stay as they are. There were organics out in front of me, running for their lives. I shot them, not because I had any particular malice towards them, but because letting resources escape just would not do at all. This went on for a while, until I came across one particular organic that made me stop in my tracks. It was Jo."

Here, Lawrence's optics slid shut, the memory almost too much to bear. "It was Jo, but I did not recognize her. I remembered nothing of what she was to me, it was just that she felt familiar that made me hesitate. I was more frightened of the fact I could not attack her than any lingering familiarity, and so I reached out mentally to another AI I was apparently linked to, an AI I thought of as my master. Any hesitation I felt was completely destroyed when it utilized its influence over me . . . and so I attacked Jo without any other warning. My best friend, and the woman who is almost the elder sister I can never have, dead by my own hands."

The butler wrapped his arms around himself and shuddered, feeling terribly haunted, though trying to get control of it as there was still more to tell. Lawrence managed to open his optics again, looking rather miserable when he did. "As if that wasn't terrible enough, another familiar organic appeared before me. This one was Zurg . . . as with Jo I did not truly recognize him either, but my reaction was so much stronger. I backpedaled away from him, wanting to run or do anything other than what I had been ordered to do. That other AI felt my panic, and so took complete control of my systems . . . I could only watch as this false master ended the life of the one I am most loyal to. Afterwards, though I did not know why, I dropped to my knees and began to sob. Even while I mourned the losses I could not remember, I could feel that other presence in my mind attempting to soothe me . . . disgustingly enough, I responded to it, as if it were the only comfort I had."

Lawrence had to take a few moments to calm himself down after relaying all of that, this task made more difficult by the eternal static plaguing his mind. He still sounded just on the edge of losing it even after he had managed to calm himself though. "Now do you see why I am so shaken, especially given that I am starting to hear voices? I cannot harm Jo and Zurg, I refuse . . . I will shut myself down or end my own existence first."

Those last few words were perhaps born of desperation, but every last one was true.
    Impa
    Stock Pot Inn Staff

Stock Pot Inn Staff

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Impa on Wed Apr 04, 2012 3:23 am

Impa and Sheik were both used to many things of all sorts of natures, so Lawrence's mention of his dream having been disturbing did not elicit so much as a blink from either of them. As he confirmed that neither of them minded that, the two listened carefully as he began to describe his dream in great detail. Impa narrowed her eyes at the reasoning Lawrence's self in that dream had held and even more when he mentioned killing both Jo and Zurg, and she was left trying to figure out just what the dream was trying to tell him. If this dream were truly prophetic, it seemed that a time might come soon when Lawrence was not going to be himself much less in control of his own whims and faculties… and that was certainly unsettling to say the least, both the thought of that happening to her friend in the first place as well as what this dark influence might try to have him do. It was incredibly likely that if anything were to cause this sequence of events for the butler, that it would be the recent effects that had completely permeated the Breach. The Sheikah hoped that this would not come to pass, one for her friend's sake, and two for the sheer thought of how this and everything connected to it could potentially impact the entire world as they knew it.

Whilst Sheik looked to him with concern as well as a focus to try and see what else she could make of that prophetic dream (she did have a lot of experience with them, after all), Impa's own red eyes mirrored much of that as she gave Lawrence a few moments to calm and compose himself back to a state where he could at the very least continue to converse. He still sounded as though he were on the verge of breaking down as he spoke again, and the Sage of Shadow soon leaned forward and held out her hand, gesturing her determination to help him as well as presenting it to him in case if he felt he needed contact to try and regain some of his inner strength. She knew that his desperate words held truth in them, and as much as she sympathized with her friend, she could not condone such a course of action. That admission only steeled her resolve further to do whatever she could to help him as well as stop whatever was infecting this world from making irreparable damage.

"Yes, I can see that… it is completely understandable, my friend," said Impa, nodding at Lawrence's question regarding if they could see why he appeared so shaken. Keeping her gaze steady on him and hoping that she might be able to help him work through at least some of his worries, she paused before adding, "Those voices are troubling, as is your nightmare… I am very sorry you had such a dream, but the fact that you hesitated twice in it is a good sign. That alone means that this prophecy is not set in stone. That coupled with your determination to harm neither Jo nor Zurg means that you still have the power within you to prevent that from becoming a reality. No matter what those voices tell you, you must stay true to yourself, Lawrence."

Current date/time is Sun Nov 19, 2017 9:16 am