Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Re: Well, shit. I don't know.

Post by Zurg on Sun Nov 13, 2011 9:30 pm

Back to normal? Wouldn't they all have liked Mister Dark to never had happened. But, as sad as that may be, they could not go back. None of them could. What happened had happened, and it was against the will of the Cosmos to try and alter it. Didn't you ever why a man like Zurg, with all the power and resources in his very own galaxy, never once tried to go back in time? Why, it was purely blasphemous!

"No. No, we can't go back." He agreed, eyes to the ground. Ah, Mister Dark... A terrible event for them all. "We can only accept and move on, taking what we've learned and experienced for another time." That went for young women and Evil Emperors. They should all be gratefully that none of them had truly died, the system of this world thankfully on their side for once.

But, this was all -- all -- in the past, where it rightfully belonged. What was more significant was that Sonia was finding the strength and courage to stand up for herself, and the young lass found this power within the ones she loved. Predictable, Zurg knew, but it was the bond that kept people and spirits together. And it was obviously the bond he had lacked for, well, all his life. Who could say otherwise? "Well, I would have to say that you've learned correct. Left to your own devices, you won't last much longer in your current state. You will, sadly, dwindle the last of your will's reserves and become the very thing you've come to fear. It's how these things go, naturally. No one has found another explanation since the dawn of good and evil." All very easy for Zurg to say, given the fact that he's lived it -- and still living it. "Your friends and family should be lucky that you've decided to undergo this selfless and frustrating task. Not too many have a strong self-will, not even me."

Which... surprisingly brought around Sonia's question, one that was more personal than Zurg would have liked.

The Evil Emperor stared at her, perhaps longer than he should have, before the words translated themselves into Basic and came rolling off his tongue. "X'shiitii-sa (See-tEE-sah)." I hear you, for the words were his and the world's alone. Now... to answer.

"I wasn't as... fortunate... to have a reason not to go down the path I did. I didn't have anyone to warn me of what dangers lied ahead. I didn't have friends or family to be the bearers of my conscience, and I wasn't strong enough to resist the temptation. I gave in. And the result of that choice all those decades ago is what you see before you." The truth, but even Zurg felt the sting of old wounds reopening to be more unbearable tonight. He would say a little more, but that would be all. "I thought vengeance and anger would let me accomplish what I needed to fulfill. I was wrong, and I instead have become a prisoner to what initially should have been my salvation. It is a life no one should live if they haven't the resolve for it."

And it wasn't a life... for Sonia.

Rising up now and dusting the loose sand from his backside, the alien picked up his watering can and went right back to gardening. "Almost done? I hope you don't have a curfew, Sonia. If I'm supposed to bring you back before breakfast at Tally's, then I'd rather drop you off on time instead of ending up being carved on her table like some melnar loaf." He may be an Evil Emperor, but even Zurg obeyed certain mores and folkways!

Avoiding an angry woman with a laser-firing cat was one of them!

In unity, before the Nine, I softly speak in #669999.
    But, in One's animosity, I hold command in #99FF00.
    Sonia
    Petabyte

Petabyte

Level : 60

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Sonia on Wed Nov 16, 2011 6:47 pm

Sonia sat silently as Zurg continued to speak. He said..something, she wasn't sure what as it wasn't english, but it seemed that she had struck a very deep very untouched nerve.

The subject that they were on was obviously not one that Zurg was use to or really wished to talk about. Sonia felt humbled, to know what Zurg was sharing with her. But now she couldn't help but pity him, just a bit. They were alike, except for just that one thing, the thing that he had lacked that had helped him spiral, and the thing that she had that hopefully would save her.

Saying everything he wanted to say Zurg changed the subject. Yes they had just about wrapped it up from the looks of it. Her mouth formed a thin line, not quite turning into a frown, but coming very close. She didn't bother to correct Zurg in his statement about Tally, it was very hard to be attacked by a woman that wasn't even there.

Standing up Sonia dusted the dirt off herself. No, it's alright, i'll get back to the city by myself. She looked off into the distance and into the black desert that laid beyond the oasis. Her horde waited out there for her beyond the dunes, ready to take her home.

Sonia looked back at Zurg then. What are you going to do then? What could possibly come from such an existence that had spiraled so far out of control? What was left to do for someone who had warped in so many ways?
    Zurg
    Administrator

Administrator

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Zurg on Wed Nov 16, 2011 9:59 pm

She could go home by herself? Well, her lobsters were rather nasty. Zurg knew this firsthand and he ultimately relented, nodding at her decision. "Very well." A simple reply for a simple branch of their conversation.

Her question, however, caused him pause in his watering and the alien ceased to stoop. Instead, he turned around partially and shrugged. "Why, do what I've always done these past fifty years." He remarked casually. "Try to break free of my shackles, or blow people up trying. It hasn't worked so far, but one of these days my luck will turn or the bodies will run out. You'll see. And when it does?" Silence, and only the soft glow of his eyes bothered to speak any volume in the pale moonlight.

"And when it does..." The villain repeated softly. "...I hope that I will have the courage to become a different person and take back control over my life. Nothing would make me happier." Oh, but this was something he was still working on and telling Sonia this ruffled his metaphorical feathers. Zurg huffed and proceeded to draw up his personal defenses again, hardening. "And what about you?" Don't think you were getting out of this either, girly. "What are you going to do now that you've given this some thought?"

What was your plan, Sonia?

Sonia
    Petabyte

Petabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Sonia on Wed Nov 23, 2011 10:59 pm

Yes, her horde would be able to take her home. Small as they were they were a mean bunch, they'd be able to get her home without any problems. Sonia stood still, staring silently out past the oasis where her hoard waited for her, they were growing more anxious as her conversation with the purple emperor drew out.

"What are you going to do now that you've given this some thought?"

I'm going to learn more about this, i'm going to control it. I won't fear my relatives anymore, I'm going to do what I can to be a better person. She looked back to Zurg now, the light from in the oasis was dim, in the faint lighting she looked less human. Shadows made her face resemble very much like that of a skull, black hair with split ends caught the faint light and moved almost unnaturally in the dark. She was much more like her relatives now than she had been, but she had taken the first step away from that endless pit.

What will you do if you fail? The outcome, the possibility of failure was heart-stoppingly terrifying. She knew this from her own experience.

What would you do Zurg, if everything you worked for was for naught? What would be left for you to do?
    Zurg
    Administrator

Administrator

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Zurg on Thu Nov 24, 2011 2:19 am

Hmm, so she was going to control her fears. For once, Zurg looked at Sonia with admiration -- but she may very well mistake it for his normal scowl. Most outsiders did. What he did not mistake, however, was how Sonia had seemed to... change. Her relatives... Can't say that the man was a terrible fan of the grim and the spooky, and the dark petrified him more than anything at times. Wouldn't Sonia just heckle him if she found out that he still liked night lights? Shh, our little secret.

"You do that, Sonia. So long as you remember not to feed into your temptation, you won't become addict -- ?" ...If he failed?

Yes... Yes, the outcome of failure was heart-stopping, and Zurg's heart did stop. If only for a brief moment, before his eyelids fluttered back to life. Failure... Well, now... what an interesting question coming from her. What would he do if he failed? He certainly wasn't succeeding at this rate, so... was he failing now? Even as they spoke, here in the quiet wastes? What would he do... "I'd..." Oh, good show, Sonia. Zurg had oftentimes thought of what he'd do, but he really never spoke of it. It wasn't something that encouraged positive thinking, knowing him. But, here it was, the ugly question that he knew he had to answer.

With a sigh he set his watering can back down, and had another seat because he just didn't feel like standing anymore. "I'd... go... away. Yes, I'd go... away." That's what he would do. Now, he wasn't proud of that thought, but there it was. The alien rubbed the back of his head and let out another breath of air. "That's what I used to do before coming to Portal Breach; just... staying on Planet Z and pretending the outside world doesn't exist. It's easier to control and manage a world you created sometimes. And if it ever came to failure on my end...?" Here he stopped staring at the ground, and he slowly brought his eyes back up to face a newly empowered Sonia.

"I'd go back to Planet Z, where I belong. I'd go back, and I would think. It's quiet there, and I'm not as... paranoid." Maybe she saw him as a coward, and maybe she saw him as someone to pity. Either case were not very appealing to him. Zurg knew he was a coward, and he was quite pathetic at times, but sympathy and pity were not things he wanted around. No. Just like fleeing back to Planet Z, he preferred an atmosphere that was... quiet.

Everything was just so strange away from home to a child who refused to grow up and face the Cosmos.

Sonia
    Petabyte

Petabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Sonia on Sat Nov 26, 2011 3:46 am

For a moment Sonia wondered if her response to Zurg's question had sounded far too cliche. He seemed to almost be scowling at her still. Why was it that the ideal of making oneself better and becoming a better person always sounded better in ones mind, but when spoken out loud sounded like some horrible cheesy line from a kids show?

But then in the middle of Zurg's response he cut himself off. What was this? Had she actually taken Zurg off guard? Well, that was something she had never thought would happen.

"I'd... go... away. Yes, I'd go... away. That's what I used to do before coming to Portal Breach; just... staying on Planet Z and pretending the outside world doesn't exist. It's easier to control and manage a world you created sometimes. And if it ever came to failure on my end...?

"I'd go back to Planet Z, where I belong. I'd go back, and I would think. It's quiet there, and I'm not as... paranoid."

To go away, yes, she could understand that.

Do you think that your friends would let you do that? She had to ask, if it were her....her brother would run after her, tally would be mad at her, spy would be sad.
    Zurg
    Administrator

Administrator

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Zurg on Sat Nov 26, 2011 8:52 am

Friends... Hah. As if friends would be able to stop him.

One of those awkward, eerie smiles crept up on the alien's face slowly and Zurg had himself a deep, rumbling chuckle. Looked like Sonia had tickled one of his deeply-buried funny bones. Must be a little one somewhere, like in his spine. "Let me? What a curious way to put it. Let me." Oh, what a curious way to put it, indeed. "Friends... Family... Strangers... They hold no power over my actions. If I want to leave this world, then I will. Let me... You talk as if they have the authority to keep me here, to maroon me on this miserable little rock floating in the middle of nowhere." Apparently the Evil Emperor, despite his conflicting existence, still had some old habits and tendencies that needed to be worked on. Allowing others to help him and giving up personal power in the process was one of them.

"Hahahaha..." The way he chuckled was almost toxic, poisonous. It was thick and rich with both genuine pleasure and malevolence. It was the kind of sinister laughter that kept echoing in your mind even when it had long been over with. Let him. Let him! "Sure, my friends will be upset at my departure, but they have no say in what I ultimately do. They couldn't stop me even if they tried with all their precious might." Here Zurg crinkled what should have been his exterior "nose" like snarl, and the alien appeared positively antagonistic with that wide, no-good smile of his. Even his eyes were narrowed, his body language literally saying: I just DARE my friends to TRY and stop me. Aha!

And sadly, this very idea thrilled him. It gave him that tingling sensation of energy throughout his body, the belief that people would react negatively towards his actions. Zurg was sometimes a creature of misery, and it sure did love company. While a piece of him wanted to lay back and solve everything that was wrong with him, another piece just wanted everything that helped him to shatter and go back to its original broken state. The alien was a real piece of work, and for all intensive purposes he really was mad -- even before Mister Dark came along. That had just been an excuse to get away with the things he had done. And they had all believed him, that was the hilarious thing!

"Let me... Hahaha... That was comical, Sonia... A bunch of misfits trying to bring down an Evil Emperor with the powers of friendship... I'd actually pay to see that on-demand." Only so he could watch over, and over, and over, and... You get the picture.

Zurg was so twisted in himself that by now... he barely bothered to care anymore, and that, Sonia, is what truly made him a dangerous individual. Always fear the man who knew he was ill but did absolutely nothing about it.

Sonia
    Petabyte

Petabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Sonia on Mon Nov 28, 2011 2:08 pm

Laughter was not what she had been expecting.

"Let me? What a curious way to put it. Let me. Friends... Family... Strangers... They hold no power over my actions. If I want to leave this world, then I will. Let me... You talk as if they have the authority to keep me here, to maroon me on this miserable little rock floating in the middle of nowhere."

Sonia's lip tipped down a bit almost making a frown but not quite getting there. She kept her face fairly neutral though, she wasn't going to judge this part of Zurg. She was just going to let him speak.

"Sure, my friends will be upset at my departure, but they have no say in what I ultimately do. They couldn't stop me even if they tried with all their precious might."

Zurg almost seemed to have a insane air about him, similar to the one that she had wrapped around her at times. "Let me... Hahaha... That was comical, Sonia... A bunch of misfits trying to bring down an Evil Emperor with the powers of friendship... I'd actually pay to see that on-demand." So that was how it was then. Right then everything snapped so neatly into place, like two puzzle pieces that had been made for eachother. The similarity between Zurg and her relatives was uncanny and in that split second she knew she was looking right at one of them. They were there, grinning at her from the maddest part of his smile, winking at her from the darkest twinkle in his eyes. He was like them, and she was like him. This was what she would have become if she hadn't come here tonight.

The realization brought her to a cold panic, and also to a soothing calm. She stood confident and silent next to the edge of the ravine she had managed to step away from. While Zurg stood across from her, already nearing the bottom. How long would it be before he felt the sharp rocks?

Even Jo? She asked evenly, her face remained neutral. She knew where things stood now, they had never been more clear to her than they appeared now.

What will happen to her? She loves you, if she tries to stop you what will you do?
    Zurg
    Administrator

Administrator

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Zurg on Mon Nov 28, 2011 3:53 pm

Indeed, Sonia stared into the darkness and the darkness stared right on back. So she maybe judged them; didn't they all? Their reactions to his actions made it all the more sweeter, and Zurg reveled in his madness. Why, how couldn't he? It was his own creation, his own reprieve from reality. Through madness he coped, and through madness... he thrived. Whereas Sonia was observant and hesitant of the chasm down below, he was both accepting and reciprocal of it. He had felt the sharp rocks once, make no mistake, and he had climbed out due to fright and shock. That personal realization was long ago, however. Zurg was due for another plunge into the depths where he'd be pierced through the heart once again. A remainder, and one he longed for.

The chasm called for its tainted children, and the tainted children wept for their barren mother.

But, even if everyone had their own demons, their own "relatives"... they still had their angels. And the demons did not fare well with the angels. In fact, the two could not coexist in the same person at the same time, for the result would be disastrous.

Zurg, with all his notorious might, was no exclusion from this rule. Long had he lived with his relative, and long had he come to accept that relative as the truth. But now that his demon had come into conflict with the angel, or angels... Could he really boast that they would be powerless to confront and better his demon? A demon who had taken its tangled roots since childhood? That remained to be seen, and Sonia's question didn't seem to shake his crazed appearance. It did, however, bring that twinkle out of his eyes and replace it with a new element: concern.

"Jo..." Here he growled the name, not spoke it. Jo, who ruined everything. Zurg would have ultimately fallen into the chasm and fulfilled yet another horrific cycle of his life, but instead... he remained doomed to merely hover over the edge, now too hesitant and cautious to leap in. It was a terrible place, this purgatory. A terrible yet incredibly soothing place. Jo did love him, Sonia was right. And a piece of him, or rather his relative, wished she hadn't. If she simply hated him, it would make his life all the more easier, the more enjoyable. Instead, he was now tethered to the earth, to care and rely upon empathy for both Jo and his friends.

The need for love and acceptance was like a crippling drug, and it sickened him. Zurg had allowed himself to grow too dependent, too reliant on something he had been weaned off of at a very young age.

Absolutely sickened him.

For the longest time the alien relative stared at the Earthen familiar, and the Evil Emperor said not a word. He simply kept his eyes trained upon her, like a brooding animal in a cage, and kept eerily still. What was he thinking? What was he feeling? Perhaps it was best that no one found out...

When he did speak, however, it wasn't his usual aloof tone. It was a rumble, and it was callous. "I will never understand this, Sonia, but perhaps... you can help me." He began, eyes still unwavering. "The people here. They're unusual. Instead of knowing their place and either fearing or standing up to evil, they accept it; they allow it. Your relatives and I... we cannot thrive like this. We will starve." They will starve, and they will ultimately... die. Zurg growled again out of irritation and worry for his own mortal being.

"Because of this, I have been forced to change. Doing what I did before brings me no purpose, no happiness. It's an empty life now, and I cannot live off it any longer. It's all her fault." Jo! It was all Jo's fault! She robbed him of his purpose! She did this to him, she did! If it weren't for her, he would still be a proper Evil Emperor, terrorizing those who dared stand in his way without remorse! Without fear for his attachments! It was all HER fault.

But it was also her fault that he was experiencing a new kind of happiness, a new purpose. And it was, for all meanings of the term, frightening. Zurg was afraid. So very afraid. What would happen if he ignored the chasm's pull, becoming like Sonia and... just walking away? Could he do that? Would he do that? And it wasn't Jo's fault, was it? No, it wasn't. It was his fault, for he had allowed the mechanic to grow close. His fault, yes.

Now do you see how the demon and the angel could not coexist in the same person at the same time? Dearest Sonia, you were so brave, so strong. He envied you.

At last, after that tense internal turmoil, the alien found his ability to speak again. What would he say now that he battled over her words so meticulously? "I know she loves me, and I, her. But sometimes, Sonia, I wish she hadn't. Sometimes I wish she still hated me, still thought I was too pathetic. Selfish, I know, but I must say this after keeping it in so long. Please don't tell her I am this conflicted. It would... break her heart, and I'd rather not drag my agony over to anyone who doesn't deserve it." But by no means did this equate to him not loving her. Zurg did love Jo, but a piece of him, a shriveling portion, hated her. It was to be expected when someone tried with all their might to bring about a polarized change. Would he get over it? Of course, but in time. And with space.

And as for what he would do if Jo ever confronted him? Finally the alien's harsh face softened and he let his shoulders droop. The relative was tired and so was he. "I... would let her stop me. It would be what I wanted at the time. I need someone to stop me, like Lightyear back in the day or any brave hero. I don't know any bounds, otherwise. For all my bold claims of self-control and careful planning, I am just as erratic and deranged as any madman locked away in an institution. My mood swings are indicators enough." But he was trying to get better, he was. This garden was proof, wasn't it? Taking the time to care for it, to spend time with it, helped his thoughts and it showed responsibility. He liked feeling in control of himself, reliable. And being in a relationship imbued him with a sense of honourable duty and honest feelings. There was no shame or act that needed a skilled actor. He could be himself and not worry about saving face.

"I'm not proud of this, and I wish it wasn't so, but so long as someone is willing to pick me back up when I fall... then... I'll keep trying until I succeed. Failure isn't an option, Sonia, and neither is it for you." And that was the damned truth for not only them, but for all monsters who hoped to reclaim themselves one day.

Sonia
    Petabyte

Petabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Sonia on Mon Dec 05, 2011 12:41 am

The change in the atmosphere slipped between them silently but became so strong Sonia could almost taste it on her tongue. Strong and bitter like the taste of brine and sand caught in her teeth. No longer did the faces of her family stare out at her from the pores of Zurg's face. However she could not dare herself to breathe. A dangerous moment was passing over them, and Sonia feared that if she broke the silence that she would be lashed out at.

"Jo......"

Sonia physically witheld her flinch, never before had she heard the name of the other woman uttered in such a way. It was as if Zurg had taken the word into his mouth and spat it out onto the ground, like a piece of food he had found bitter and not to his liking.

"I will never understand this, Sonia, but perhaps... you can help me. The people here. They're unusual. Instead of knowing their place and either fearing or standing up to evil, they accept it; they allow it. Your relatives and I... we cannot thrive like this. We will starve. Because of this, I have been forced to change. Doing what I did before brings me no purpose, no happiness. It's an empty life now, and I cannot live off it any longer. It's all her fault."

Sonia made no immediate reply, instead watching Zurg who stood away from her.

"I know she loves me, and I, her. But sometimes, Sonia, I wish she hadn't. Sometimes I wish she still hated me, still thought I was too pathetic. Selfish, I know, but I must say this after keeping it in so long. Please don't tell her I am this conflicted. It would... break her heart, and I'd rather not drag my agony over to anyone who doesn't deserve it. I'm not proud of this, and I wish it wasn't so, but so long as someone is willing to pick me back up when I fall... then... I'll keep trying until I succeed. Failure isn't an option, Sonia, and neither is it for you."

What a side of the Purple Emperor, what a crack in the armor. Never before had The Witch noticed it before, and Sonia wondered if anyone else had either. With his rage now dimmed Sonia began to speak.

I'm not sure there's a single answer for that. Sonia said evenly, keeping her eyes on Zurg, the moonlight made him look dead and hollow in her opinion. Like a crab that had died and left an empty brittle shell behind. Maybe it's out of grief. Most of those who come here, they're alone. They don't have a friend with them, and they don't even know if the ones they've known their entire lives are even living anymore. They could be the last of their species for all they know. Maybe that grief keeps them from acting out. This world is filled with people who are evil, but if they acted out and people began attacking one another what was left for them to hold onto would be destroyed. Maybe that fears enough to keep them from it....Maybe some of them just think it's better to accept the world the way it is because they're too afraid that going against the grain will cause what we have here to break.

Zurg had Sonia's silence, a small nod was her promise to lock the secret of his bitterness away in her own mind and never let another person know of it.

But now there was the other matter at hand. Zurg was right, failure was an option neither of they could afford. It was not an option, it wasn't simply the fact that they would quit being themselves. It went far beyond simple death as well, it would be the complete destruction of them if they failed. It would be the erasing of everything that they were.

Sonia knew not the full extent of Zurg's own twisted cancer, however she knew her own. If she failed........if she failed... If she failed, she would rip the seams out of the sky, and let the tears of her fellow relatives rain down upon the populace, and burn them to ash with their acidic solution. She would reach deep into the skin of the earth and drag the innards of the planet out, flinging them onto the cities and crushing those who remained with their molten weight. She would pluck the stars out of the sky, and what she did not devour she would string around her head, like a crown of fingers. She would even attempt to bring pain to the one god in Portal Breach, X himself. She would ride the currents of the air until she found him and then would attack, even though it would be her ultimate deletion.

Yes....failure wasn't an option for either of them. But sometimes the world pushed you past the options that werent yours, past the choices that you couldn't bear. Whether it was an option or them or not, that was only a saying, a truth that neither of them wanted to face. That even though they both hoped with all their might that it wouldn't happen , that there was still the chance that they could fail.

.....If they did, something worse than the deletion of who they were waited for them, something that went beyond even the very erasing of themselves. It was the chance that they wouldn't be deleted. That they would wake up in purgatory, or in the afterlife and they would know exactly what they had done.

The pain they had caused. The suffering they had wrought. The knowledge that they would have to live with of what they had done for all eternity.

That was why they said failure wasn't an option, even if there was a chance of it.

They both knew it, at least she did, she wondered if Zurg did as well....

What would you have me do?

If you turn.
    If you fail
    If you're erased.

She asked, the heavy question hit the ground like a lead brick between them. Because even if it wasn't an option, there was still a chance.

You had to know that Zurg. You had to.

Zurg
    Administrator

Administrator

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Zurg on Mon Dec 05, 2011 11:02 pm

Whoa, since when did it become so heavy in here?

But the aside pushed away, it was now Zurg's turn to listen and he listened well. Sonia's words were, indeed, correct. Or, rather, carrying some truth to them. Many of the people who had come here were either the last of their ethnicity or even their species; and while humans were the most prevalent, not all humans were made the same. Sonia would always be a different breed of human compared to any human from Zurg's galaxy and vice versa. They were too unlike like things, neither foreign nor familiar. "I suppose you are correct, Sonia." The alien spoke up at last. "Many of us are too complacent and world-weary to bother changing things to our liking. We've all grown far too soft and settled." Even someone like Zurg, no less. The Evil Emperor daresay he was starting to slow down and dug a pleasant niche for himself. Although this was his character code, it was also... something that could not be helped. He was tired. Oh, so very, very tired. They all were.

"What would you have me do."

Now there was a question that broke the weary alien's old thoughts, and Zurg brought his lethargic eyes back upon Sonia. How... curious. "You must be referring to if I fail." What else could she be alluding to? Hmm... The Evil Emperor turned his gaze briefly to the peaceful, vast landscape of the moonlit desert and he sighed. "I don't plan on failing, not yet. But... you're right. Any plan is better than no plan, and super-villains just love to plan, don't they." He didn't expect Sonia to appreciate some villainous humour, so he didn't bother chuckling. Instead, he continued to stare out at the emptiness and took solace in how small and insignificant he felt. The humility was incredible.

Sonia would require an answer, however, and he was obligated to give it.

"The answer is quite simple, and you already know of it." Zurg remarked, cryptic and unhelpful as usual. What did he mean? Well, he was going to tell her outright and without any remorse in his words. "Kill me. That will be all. I went over my boundaries once, and I won't do so again. Not willingly, anyway. If I fail and I show no signs of recovering, I authorize you to euthanize me." His tone of voice was practical, unfeeling. It was as if he had already come to this conclusion and speaking it aloud for the first time proved to be of little consequence. Zurg's mind would not change. "It's the same answer you, yourself, once asked of me. If you went and turned, I would kill you without hesitation. It's merciful that way, and I expect you to understand and do the same for me."

Jo couldn't do it. Lawrence couldn't do it. Hell, not even Hellboy could do it. But Sonia could. She was a monster, just like him. They shared this unspoken bond with each other.

The real kicker was... could Sonia actually do it?

Sonia
    Petabyte

Petabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Sonia on Thu Dec 15, 2011 4:16 pm

"You must be referring to if I fail." Sonia nodded, standing silently under one of the trees. "I don't plan on failing, not yet. But... you're right. Any plan is better than no plan, and super-villains just love to plan, don't they."

Sonia made no reply to that, she couldn't really say what villains liked to do or not to do. The answer to her question was dangling in the air in front of them. But she wanted Zurg to say it, to confirm it. Because she was not going to do anything unless he told her outright what he wanted her to do.

"The answer is quite simple, and you already know of it. Kill me. That will be all. I went over my boundaries once, and I won't do so again. Not willingly, anyway. If I fail and I show no signs of recovering, I authorize you to euthanize me. It's the same answer you, yourself, once asked of me. If you went and turned, I would kill you without hesitation. It's merciful that way, and I expect you to understand and do the same for me."

Yes, the same thing that she had once asked him. A long time ago back in Jo's house, when she had been terrified for her life and ready to throw herself at their mercy. To let them do whatever they wanted with her if only they would forgive her. Jo.

Jo would never forgive me, I think. She said off hand. I'll do it though. There was a very good chance that Jo would never forgive her, same with lawrence and proxy. However Zurg asked her to do this, just like how she had asked Zurg to kill her if she ever fell.

I should go, it's late. Sonia was staring up at the sky now, much like Zurg had been doing moments before. Out in the wastelands the stars were so vivid and plentiful, not at all like it was in the city. Watching them twinkle up in the sky made a happy ache fill her chest. She was alive, she had a chance to make things alright.

The horde was calling to her now, telling her that it was time to go. It was late, terribly late and they needed to get back to the city and out of the wasteland.

The horde is calling me. Goodnight Zurg. Sonia turned and walked out of the Oasis, leaving the Purple Emperor behind in peace. Over the dunes her horde waited for her, they clicked their claws happily and whispered soothing white noise in her mind.

Yes, she was a live, and things were going to be okay. And with that Sonia and her horde departed.
    Zurg
    Administrator

Administrator

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Zurg on Sun Dec 18, 2011 1:19 am

So she would do it, then. Knowing that someone would put him out of his pathetic misery instead of his own hand brought the Evil Emperor relief. Some of it, perhaps. "Yes. I don't believe Jo would ever forgive you, or me, but if I ever had the courage to come back to this world then I will face her myself. She deserves that much from me, at least." If there was one thing Zurg wasn't, it was a coward. Never. Never would he run away from someone so special, someone so close as Jo. May Nihility strike him down if he ever did such a terrible thing.

But Sonia was right; it was quite late. The moon was already starting its descent toward the horizon, and the Evil Emperor had a few affairs to handle before the sun rose to greet the world. "Yes, it is late. You should go." Go, and think no more of this night. Before she went, however, Zurg had one last final thing to say -- call it... a token of his slow, agonizing process of coping with the monster. "Thank you, Sonia." He said sincerely, considerably. "Thank you for taking the time to come over. It meant a lot. To me and the garden." It helped in more ways than one, and the Evil Emperor simply watched the young woman with a shared weight upon her frail shoulders... go.

Go, Sonia. Go and reclaim your life. But be warned... Everything would soon be far from okay.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Apr 19, 2018 11:09 pm