Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Well, shit. I don't know.

Post by Sonia on Sat Nov 05, 2011 10:30 pm

Time: October 14
    Date: 11:00 PM, 2011

Standing in the middle of the wasteland close to midnight was not exactly considered sane by anyone standards on Portal Breach. Despite this fact however, that was exactly what Sonia was doing. The wasteland air was a bit warmer than the air in the city, however not by much. The last time she had been in the wasteland was under the influence of Mr. Dark, and the knowledge that the wasteland had been her dying place was enough to put her on edge. Despite how uncomfortable she was feeling now Sonia knew that the uncomfortable feeling wasn't going to be anything in comparison for what she was about to do.

Butterflies in her stomach didn't even cover it, it was more like a raging nest of wasps.

Around her the horde waited for her command, their shells reflecting the moonlight dully. They were not too happy to be back in the wastelands either, for it had not only been the dying place of their queen, but of them as well. However, they knew that the Queen was on an important mission tonight, and so they acted out the part of a good horde. They would help see their queen through this, to the bitter end if they had to.

With a slight nod of her head the command was given, and it felt like the heaviest one she had ever issued. Around her the horde began to disappear into the black of the wasteland and out of sight, all of them scattering in different directions until the only one left with her was Socrates. Her general and the lobster that hung about her neck. He would relay her information gathered by the rest of the horde, and point her in the right direction when their objective was found. Just thinking about it made her weak in the knees.

Deep in the desert the horde had scattered, splintering off from large groups into medium groups and then into small groups and then into even smaller groups until they had scattered into individual parties. They would scan the whole wasteland if they had too, however they had to make sure that the one they sought, The Purple Emperor, was not in factory Zhetta, nor off world. He was not in Portal City, from their knowledge, which left the wasteland that he seemed so found off.

A pair of lobsters scuttled across the jagged surface of the ground together, they looked at one another momentarily before coming to the agreement to split up. The larger of the two going to the left, towards some larger rocks, while the smaller of the two headed to the right. The smaller one, who had taken the name Tiresias, stopped abruptly at the smell of water.

Water? Out in the desert? The lobster switched directions and took a sharp right, following the smell. He found it soon enough, a small secluded oasis hidden within the unforgiving embrace of the wastelands. Tiresias ventured closer, taking in his surroundings and relaying the information back to the hivemind.
    Zurg
    Administrator

Administrator

Level : 60

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Re: Well, shit. I don't know.

Post by Zurg on Sat Nov 05, 2011 10:57 pm

Ah, yes... See how one's denial came to haunt them.

There was, indeed, an oasis out in the middle of this vast, unforgiving wasteland. It was small, precious. With no one to take care of it, it would surely die. So, then. That begged the question, didn't it? Upon scouting this fine patch of vegetation, the lobster emissary would no doubt sense that the life was teeming and healthy. This must mean that someone was taking care of it, but who? And why, more importantly.

If the one known as Tiresias was diligent, it would spot something most intriguing.

There, in the middle of the oasis and moving things around, were a pair of glowing eyes. And they had briefly rested upon the lone crustacean with the shined shell before going back to their work dutifully.

Spooky.

In unity, before the Nine, I softly speak in #669999.
    But, in One's animosity, I hold command in #99FF00.
    Sonia
    Petabyte

Petabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Sonia on Sun Nov 06, 2011 9:49 pm

Oh...my....

Tiresias froze still as those eyes came into view. What was that? Moving things around in the dark? Tiresias moved closer, ever so silently to inspect. Close enough now to see who it was Tiresias was shocked to discover that the moving creature was indeed their target.

His discovery resounded throughout the hivemind, traveling through each member of the horde and then back to the queen.

We have located him, we are watching him. The message was whispered into her ear by Socrates. The nervousness that she felt doubled as she realized that Zurg had been found. This was really going to happen....

As Sonia continued to go in the directions Socrates gave her, her horde began to surround her. Finally they reached the oasis and Sonia gave the command for the horde to retreat. She was going to do this alone and she was probably not come out of it alive.

Very slowly, so as not to startle Zurg into using his lasers, Sonia entered the oasis and searched until she found him.
    Zurg
    Administrator

Administrator

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Zurg on Sun Nov 06, 2011 9:55 pm

Yes, they had indeed found their target. And their target was making use of their life's time by tending the very vegetation he had planted several months ago. It was none other than Zurg, alright, and the Evil Emperor was currently watering any leafy baby he diligently tried to nurture. The strangest thing of this entire scenario was not that Zurg was out in the middle of nowhere watering plants of all things, but rather... he lacked a good bulk of his battle armour. In fact, he was missing it completely. He was simply wearing his robes, which clung to his body loosely save for his black belt, and his purple feet were seen poking through the hem of his skirt whenever he walked.

Hands bare and eyes to the ground, the Evil Emperor stood up straighter and slightly turned his head to the side. "You can come out of the shadows, you know. Just because I can't see too far away doesn't mean I don't know you are there." He knew someone was there, but he didn't know who. Guessing from the tickling feet upon the dry soil it must have been someone with little pets, and Zurg wiggled his toes deeper into the desert sand.

"Are you going to come out, or are you going to hide? You're not a very good assassin." He remarked.

That alien planet-sense. Useful.

Sonia
    Petabyte

Petabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Sonia on Sun Nov 06, 2011 11:53 pm

"You can come out of the shadows, you know. Just because I can't see too far away doesn't mean I don't know you are there."

Sonia hesitated, so Zurg had discovered that she was there and had not fired the lasers yet. That was a good sign...right?

"Are you going to come out, or are you going to hide? You're not a very good assassin."

Swallowing her fear Sonia walked closer until she was perfectly visible to Zurg and he was visible to her. She was shocked to see that he was actually tending to some form of garden. Huh, she hadn't taken the Emperor to be one for plants.

Zurg. She greeted him awkwardly, it was times like this that she missed her long hair, her hands felt like they needed something to do and she had no hair to play with anymore. Instead she settled for shoving them in her pockets.
    Zurg
    Administrator

Administrator

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Zurg on Mon Nov 07, 2011 12:42 am

Aha, Sonia. And she was more awkward than a dieting Jo-Adian in an all-you-can-eat buffet, no less. Well, this will be fun.

Zurg set down his watering can and turned to better face his guest -- who... was also disturbing him in the middle of the desert at this ungodly hour. How curious. The tyrant made a note of it as he addressed her. "Well, well... If it isn't the Queen of My Stomachs' Delight." A slight joke at her walking seafood department that he could not rightfully pluck up and boil. Zurg also had this thing about eating food that had talked in its life. Absolute nightmare fuel. Noticing that Sonia's little blue bodyguards weren't around, he took a step forward and crossed his arms, eyes glinting in the pale moonlight. He looked very much like a desert feline.

"Alright, what's this about." The alien demanded, tilting his weight to one leg and looking at her with slight disdain. "I don't think you're here to ask if you can borrow a cup of sugar, and if you are... I'm a diabetic, for shame on you."

Why were you here, Sonia?

Sonia
    Petabyte

Petabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Sonia on Tue Nov 08, 2011 2:45 pm

The horde clicked and clacked irritably out of sight. Oh yes, they had heard that, and Zurg had better keep his grubby hands to himself if he didn't want to find out what it was like to be dipped in butter naked and thrown into a pot of boiling water.

But back to Sonia now, after all, she was the one who needed to talk to Zurg. From her side of the Oasis she watched him watch her. Apprehension and nervousness hung about her like a bad stench, but behind it all she seemed determined not to run away like she had before.

She could see him watching her with disdain, and she matched his stare. This man, this monster, he confused her and tortured her without even trying. The fact that he could remain so emotionless while she fell into a blubbering pile of emotional mess frustrated her to no end. Tally had to be absolutely crazy to think that such a plan like hers could work. Work for crazy people maybe....

But it wasn't like she could back down now, not after coming this far.

I'm just here to talk.
    Zurg
    Administrator

Administrator

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Zurg on Tue Nov 08, 2011 2:55 pm

Seeing as how Zurg may enjoy being buttered and boiled, it would be something to see. Now, however, the Evil Emperor was trying to enjoy a little bit of late night gardening and Sonia was interrupting that personal peace -- if ever so brief. Witnessing Sonia trying to mimic his tough stance amused him, the result a slight guttural snort, but he ultimately thought she was faking it to appear bigger than she really was.

She reeked of anxiety and fear, and the predator in him pulled back its crinkled lips to snarl.

"To talk, huh." The villain lowered his arms to appear less confrontational, knowing that Sonia would find it easier to approach him if he created a more hospitable body language. "Well, then. If you want to talk, get over here and help me tend the garden. Casshern was supposed to support the joint endeavour, but he has thus... disappeared." That truly made the alien's blood boil, being abandoned without so much as a word. Pointing to a cart not too far by, Zurg issued her instructions. "You will find a spare watering can over there, near the tools. Grab it, and we'll talk."

He then turned his back and proceeded to sprinkle a few ferns with a little tender love and care. Exposing his vulnerability was a test, and he wanted to see if Sonia would take the opportunity -- if she had the courage.

Sonia
    Petabyte

Petabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Sonia on Tue Nov 08, 2011 3:15 pm

They just kept staring at each other, waiting for one another to make a move. Zurg was the first to do so, lowering himself into a less aggressive stance.

Yes, to talk. She answered him. He agreed to talk to her, if she would help him with his gardening. Sonia noted the stress on the word disappear, as he remarked about Casshern. Casshern....had she known him? She couldn't remember, but from the sounds of things he either died abruptly or was transferred. Both were highly likely on Portal Breach, and equally upsetting.

Sonia watched him, his back was turned to her now, leaving him completely open for attacks and he wasn't wearing his armor. He was obviously trying to convey a look of vulnerability to get her to comply, and she didn't know whether his placidity was something she was grateful for or not.

None the less, she made her way slowly over and retrieved the watering can, watching him out of the corner of her eye.

You were right. She said quietly, but loud enough that Zurg was sure to hear her. You were right about everything.
    Zurg
    Administrator

Administrator

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Zurg on Tue Nov 08, 2011 3:28 pm

So she didn't take the opportunity. Not cowardly, but very interesting. Well, compared to what Sonia tried to convey as herself since the last time they had met. They remembered the day, he was sure. Zurg knelt down briefly to clear a few scraggly leaflets, the man rather content to just prune in the middle of nowhere with hardly a body to disturb him. Being alone in solitude was just... wonderful sometimes. It allowed oneself to think and process the world around them at their own tempo.

Sonia spoke, but he had already known her words the very day the monsters clashed. "I'm afraid so." He remarked, a tint of disappointment in his voice. "Sometimes I wish I was wrong, but this is the one thing I have to be right in." And it was the one thing that no one liked to state, but someone had to. Someone did.

Zurg rose up and dusted his hands, turned to the young woman and not at all as imposing as he could be. "So, you want to talk about it?" Not entirely pushy, but he wanted her to get out with it. Speaking aloud helped the learning process. "It'll help. Trust me. Your head won't pop off."

Gardening will help keep her hands busy so she didn't feel entirely too awkward, one of the reasons why he asked her to help.

Sonia
    Petabyte

Petabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Sonia on Thu Nov 10, 2011 11:34 pm

Her hand tightened around the watering can, she was going to snap that thing in half if she kept it up.

"So, you want to talk about it?" Zurg asked her. Sonia turned to look at him, she was surprised at how non emperor like he looked. It made her pause, and then turn back to look at the plants on the ground.

Not really, She answered. At least..not like this, this is something I should talk about with my friends or my family. Shit...this is coming out wrong. Please don't take offense Zurg, it's just, we don't know each other very well. Sonia watered some of the plants nearest to her, trying to keep busy and not look at zurg.

But Leo, he's not able to understand, he doesn't have magic and he's always been taught to hate our relatives. For him to know that I became one of them....it's hard for him to talk to me about it. It's hard for him to understand. Her brother loved her, there would never be any doubt about that, however she also couldn't deny the gap that had grown between them in the past month.

I'd talk to spy, but he's always off working. And Tally, she left portal city before I came back to life. The only way I could get ahold of her was to call her, and we talked. But she didn't fully understand it either. She tried, but we kept getting so emotional that we never got anything said. I think that we were both trying not to hurt the others feelings.

Sonia finished watering the plants at her feet and looked back at Zurg. She did tell me though, that before she left, she went to talk to someone about an issue she was having. That person and her weren't friends, and they didn't really know eachother, but she said that they were alike, and so he was able to help her come to a decision on what she should do. Tally said, that you and I sounded similar, and that we should talk. And really, that's about it...that's why I'm here I guess.
    Zurg
    Administrator

Administrator

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Zurg on Fri Nov 11, 2011 12:01 am

If Zurg had an eyebrow, he certainly would have quirked it. "So, you don't wish to talk, and yet... you are here?" The alien held out his arms mid-waist level and glanced around before fixating his eyes back upon the lass. "Then why are you here? Surely you must have something troubling you. I wouldn't imagine any sane person coming out here in the middle of the night to bother a super-villain and his garden." The Evil Emperor always had a knack for finding out people's logical fallacies through their words, semantics always his favourite game with outsiders.

This was not the time to play games, however. While Sonia tended to the parched plant life, the villain went about his own mothering and he dissected her words meticulously and carefully. "Tally would be correct. Sometimes it is easier to discuss your situation with a total stranger who shares your similar attributes, than it is a close friend or family that you fear to hurt. She's a wise girl, despite her... taste in relationships." Zurg was not Dr. Phil so he left it at that. But for Sonia, he would not. In fact, he set down his watering can and had a temporary seat upon a small, outcropping boulder. It had been one of the many Casshern created when he cracked its much bigger counterpart, the rock that offered this meager oasis shade during the harsh day.

From here he could get a good look at the girl, and his eyes twinkled in the darkness strangely. "You can't talk to family or friends about this. They wouldn't understand." He told her simply. "The only family who would know what to say are those you shun into the darkest reaches of your mind. No, no. You can't talk to family or friends about this." Which, curiously, brought him to his next cruiser of thought. Sonia would have never seen it coming.

"...You know why I garden, Sonia?" It was a question that came strictly out of the blue, and Zurg gestured to the vegetation surrounding them. "You know why I'm out here at this hour, alone and away from everything I know? Hmm? Go on, guess. I think you might know, but let's see."

Well, do you, Sonia?

Sonia
    Petabyte

Petabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Sonia on Fri Nov 11, 2011 10:11 pm

Sonia watched the water absorb into the ground at her feet, the night air tickled the short hairs on the back of her neck as she listened to Zurg talk on.

Her hands tightened around the watering can enough to make the poor thing squeak as Zurg mentioned her relatives. Yes, she supposed he did have a point. The ones in her family who could actually understand here were they, but she couldn't talk to them either. Nor would she want to if she could.

"...You know why I garden, Sonia? You know why I'm out here at this hour, alone and away from everything I know? Hmm? Go on, guess. I think you might know, but let's see."

Sonia blinked at the out of the blue question, way to jump from one topic to another Zurg. However she went from looking at Zurg to looking back to the plants, mauling over his question in her head. Kneeling down she gently lifted up one of the leaves of the plant with her finger, just barely giving it a nudge so she could better examine it, the thing looked so utterly delicate compared to her that she felt that she was going to snap the stalk in half if she wasn't careful. Strange.

I don't know. The peace and quiet maybe, or maybe it's because it's something you created rather than destroyed. It's something you can tend to and help live, and a place you can go to forget what you are...maybe anyways. Who can ever tell with you Zurg, but that's what I think a place like this would mean to me.
    Zurg
    Administrator

Administrator

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Zurg on Sat Nov 12, 2011 12:45 am

Oh, Cosmos forbid Sonia mauled over the question! Mulled over, perhaps, but certainly not mauled!

Zurg listened to her answer, or answers, quietly. Maybe... and maybe not. He just simply crossed his arms and closed his eyes, head drooping forward with toes buried deeply within the cooled sand. "I have neither the power to create nor destroy, only the will that enables me to undertake such an act. But you're close, just a little." What did he see in keeping up this infant garden? The alien made a soft sound much like low rumbling. "There's no one here. Not for miles. It's quiet. The voice of the world the only voice within my body. There are no people; no heroes or villains. Just the world and its whispering. No hatred, no sorrow, no madness, no love, and no happiness. Just existence. The will of the Cosmos naked at last without the interfering voices of outsiders." But this must all sound strange to a human who not the ways of his people, a poor child lost in a dark and silent universe. This, the alien knew well, and he at last opened his eyes to stare up at the stars.

"I suppose... I stay out here because I shirk all responsibilities and connections. Being around people and their ways is tiring. Being someone they look up to and either admire or fear is tiring. Being me is tiring. I am tired, Sonia, and being alone with only the universe brings me great happiness and reflection. It is the serenity that no one who doesn't take the time to listen may possess." The inner peace that only came to those who were willing to learn and meditate.

The alien suddenly chuckled and shrugged his shoulders, the bones popping. "Your horde is funny. Clicking. Clacking. So anxious and curious. The world finds them funny, too. Little tickles upon his body." Although Sonia may not make much sense in his perceived ramblings, the Evil Emperor clapped his knees loudly and wiggled his toes free of the sand. "Ah, well. Anyway, I should get back on topic. Why are you here, Sonia? What did you learn? What did you feel? I imagine you experienced both anguish and despair. Not entirely negative emotions, but they are quite powerful. You may speak of them freely here. Your words belong to you and the world."

Speak, Sonia. Or, if you decline, say so. There is no offense to be taken if you.

Sonia
    Petabyte

Petabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Sonia on Sun Nov 13, 2011 8:38 pm

They worry about me, Sonia said in reply to Zurgs comment about her horde. Though the way he was talking confused her. "The World?" Zurg almost seemed to be zoning out to her, like his mind was far away and he was thinking about something else. Or he had something else weighing heavily on his mind.

But now back to the topic at hand.

I don't know what I want. I thought before that I wanted things to go back to normal, back to how they were before the Dark incident. But that's never going to happen. Sonia continued to stare at the plant in front of her, like it held all the answers in the world. I've accepted that I'm like them, that I've got the same magic in me that they do. But I'm not going to end up like them, and I'm not going to end up like you either.

Sonia's face remained calm as she looked up from the plant to Zurg, no intention of insult present in her voice or her posture.

You told me before, that if I kept on the way I was, that I'd end up like you. But I won't, my brother, spy, tally, the horde., I won't because of them. Because they're important to me, and because i'd hurt them if I did. That's what I learned, how important they are to me and how much I want to protect them. That's why i've decided that i'm going to control it. I won't let my relatives hang their curse over my head, but I won't be like them, because I have them. There was something I was curious about though...You said we were alike. What..

Happened?

The end of Sonia's sentence trailed off, leaving behind a broken question in it's wake. She had said she would not become like them, but she had also said she would not become like Zurg. But, at some point Zurg had to have been like her. He had to have had felt that same crushing despair that she had, but she had people that loved her and who she loved in return. And they were the lifeline that held her in place, and kept her from being swept under. But Zurg.....

The question still hung in the air, it remained unspoken and would continue to remain unspoken. It was not Sonia's place to ask that question, not with how far Zurg had gone, in the end it was only something he could decide to give. And if he didn't...well...what was to be said?

Your words belong to you and the world, Zurg.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Jan 21, 2018 9:35 pm