650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

I Should Have Won That Fight

Post by Zurg on Sun Oct 23, 2011 12:54 pm

Time: 1215 PBT
    Date: 10/15/0002

Finally.

Fresh air, open spaces, colours other than white... It seemed like he traded the cramped confines of the hospital for the vast emptiness of the local stadium. Which wasn't so bad, really. Now he had plenty of legroom to use, and his shoulders and head wouldn't have to worry about bumping into anything. Whoever said being tall was easy didn't know what it was like to be tall!

Feeling the soft crunch of earth beneath the soles of his dress shoes, Zurg paced around a little before heading off into a random direction. Ah, yes. He remembered like it was yesterday... A battle! But, aha. A robot battle. His genius against hers, and by some stroke of luck she had won! Naturally it should have been him who should have won, but he supposed it was for the better that she did. After all, as according to the rules of their match, the loser had to do anything the victor wanted and she had wanted a date. Normally a harmless thing, but clearly some dastardly weapon of power and control. A date! Him, the Evil Emperor Zurg! He snorted proudly and huffed. If he had won, he had settled upon her polishing up his battle armour. Ahh, if only, if only... Anyway, enough reminiscing. He had a note to find.

Sitting down for a moment, he reached into a pocket and pulled out the letter from the hospital. Such a sweet girl, that Vida. It was a shame that she was sick. Didn't Portal Breach have top-of-the-line facilities? It made him wonder... In silence he re-read, huffing indignantly once again at Jo's boastful tone. "I should have won that fight, and you know it, woman." He'll show her next time. Next time!

There was something that troubled him, however. Despite the note pointing him here, where... was the next clue? In case Jo hadn't realized, this place was HUGE. Zurg glanced it over once with his eyes and did feel a little hopeless. If he had a legion of Hornets he could find it in no time, but just by himself? He sighed and got up, stuffing his hands within his pockets and walking alongside the bleacher edges. Well, guess he better just... poke around. Maybe something will turn up?

Yeah, right. With the sun high in the sky, it was more likely he would overheat before finding an itty-bitty piece of paper out here!

In unity, before the Nine, I softly speak in #669999.
    But, in One's animosity, I hold command in #99FF00.
    Jo Pistonne
    Zettabyte

Zettabyte

Level : 60

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Re: I Should Have Won That Fight

Post by Jo Pistonne on Sun Oct 23, 2011 4:42 pm

Oh, if only, if only... but if it meant she'd get to polish his armor, maybe the mechanic would have lost on purpose. But that was then, and this is now. That was the now mentality speaking. The then mentality had been solely focused on winning. It had been a close fight, very, very close, but Jo had won by sheer skill -- and a little luck that went a long way. And Proxy wore his victory with pride, being able to boast that his first fight, and as lowly scrap metal no less, had been his first victory, as well.

It wasn't wrong to take a little pride in such a feat, and with a whole bunch of people watching, no less!

But he was right. The stadium was enormous, easily housing at least several hundred spectators. Never mind the stadium itself that could probably house three duplicates of Rosewater Mall. Where could Jo have hidden the next clue?! What place here, was the most significant to their battle?!

It was up to Zurg to find out while the noon sun beat down upon him. For a cold, October day, the sun was sure warm...
    Zurg
    Administrator

Administrator

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Zurg on Sun Oct 23, 2011 5:34 pm

Pffft. At max, Zurg spent about TWO minutes trying to look for a scraggly piece of paper out in the afternoon sun. He was an Evil Emperor, not a fruit picker! Naturally he gave up without even trying and cursed the very air he breathed. "This is ridiculous!" He shouted angrily, throwing his hands into the air desperately. You know what this means; it was time for an infamous Zurg rant. "How do you expect me to find a little piece of parchment with your chicken-scratch handwriting in this place!? Jo Pistonne, if I ever live to survive this day, I am going to make you scrub the shower floor and you are going to like it or so help me -- oh, hey!" The tyrant snapped out of it and grinned stupidly. "I think I know where it is!" Not really, but he was going to go snooping because that's what Zurgthingies and Kevthingies did best.

Le snooping he did, and the Evil Emperor wound up all the way over where Jo had... sadly... pressed her foot against his chest and nearly smashed his face with her wrench. "Nngh, I'm going to forget that ever happened..." He grumbled with a slight shiver.

Could it be here?

Jo Pistonne
    Zettabyte

Zettabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Jo Pistonne on Sun Oct 23, 2011 5:50 pm

Whoa, Zurg needed to get angry more often! Just like that, in about two minutes tops, he made his way to the right location. Where else would Jo have placed a message in such a huge place as the stadium? Why, she'd put it in their life-changing spot, that's what!

Do you smell that, Big Z? That there's the smell of your humiliating defeat! Maybe you can still hear the shrapnel coming to bury you in a pile of scrap metal. Maybe you can still remember the way Jo's boot pressed into your chest and hear her penultimate punishment ringing in your horns.

It all worked out for the best, though. And sure enough, Zurg would find a note stuck upon a wall similarly to how she had stuck the note on the door of the building. In Jo's familiar chicken-scratch, it read:

Hello for the last time, Big Z!

I can see the gears twisting in your head from miles away. Yes, this is the last note, but it's not the last step. You need to go to one more place -- that's the last stop on the list, and this note is the final clue! I'm sure you don't need much help figuring it out. Where did we go for your punishment~?

Just make sure to wear something snazzy!

Lots of love, and hope to see you soon!
      J.

As simple as that. Now what could that mean...?
    Zurg
    Administrator

Administrator

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Zurg on Sun Oct 23, 2011 6:03 pm

Of course. Of course it would be where Jo thought she was superior to him! Zurg knew that smell, alright, and only one man was allowed to spray that brand of perfume around: Buzz Lightyear. And Jo was no Buzz Lightyear. Seeing the note and feeling his blood pressure rising, the Evil Emperor stomped on over and snatched it off gruffly. He didn't even care that he tore the corners! Yep, that was Jo's sorry excuse for handwriting, and he put his reading glasses on with the biggest scowl of his day yet.

"Hi, Big Z, blah blah, blah... I'm a lowly mechanic, ooh, look at me! LOOK AT ME, WORLD!" Yes, Zurg was acting like a brat and he didn't care if someone pointed it out. Jo's final note, PAH! It told him to remember where they went for his -- not her -- punishment. Punishment! Oh, the nerve! Zurg knew darn well where that was! HE DID! All this work and effort just to end up knowing the answer beforehand already! Ooooooh, that woman...!

Twitching all over and appearing as if to burst, the alien finally broke down and garbled. "AHahghghlaghlaghalghhghght!" He could have been swearing Jo's birth, cursing her, or just all around being silly and spouting nonsense. It was most likely the latter and Zurg ended up crumpling her note before stuffing it down his infuriated gullet like mad. My god, he looked like a deranged chipmunk or something! There was nothing left of the note after he was through with it!

With a gulp he swallowed the note and spat out a little remnant, Zurg now calm and just... disinterested. Well, Jo did promise something nice so it wasn't all lost, right? Recalling he should wear something snazzy, he glanced down at his current attire. He was in a decent suit, but all this walking around and playing her game had sullied it. His shoes were no longer shined and his clothing needed to be ironed again. "Meh..." Guess he better just... go back to her house and tidy up. Yes, that was what he was going to do.

Making sure he left nothing behind, the Evil Emperor straightened his collar with one sharp tug and headed off. Off, to clean up and finally see what this was all about.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Feb 17, 2018 6:14 pm