Portal Breach: The Collision of Worlds :: v.4.0

Lost Woods and Found Park (Tag: Lawrence)

Lawrence

Level : 60

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Re: Lost Woods and Found Park (Tag: Lawrence)

Post by Lawrence on Tue Nov 08, 2011 9:52 pm

At Sheik's comment about flight, Lawrence smirked slightly to himself as an idea began to form in his processors. It had been a while since he stretched his 'wings', so to speak, and he was pretty sure he could carry a passenger as small as the young Sheikah. A few quick calculations and he confirmed it, the additional thrust he would have to use was well within his flight systems' capabilities. With his course of action decided, a faint sound of shifting metal came from the butler's back as he activated his stabilizer and used it to hover up ahead of Sheik.

Lawrence turned to face Sheik, still hovering a few inches off the ground, and he offered one hand. "Yes, flight is indeed an amazing experience, especially under one's own power. I could show you, if you wish."
    Zelda/Sheik
    Stock Pot Inn Staff

Stock Pot Inn Staff

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Zelda/Sheik on Wed Nov 09, 2011 4:49 am

Zelda's -- or in this case, Sheik's -- eyes widened slightly when she heard the subtle sound of shifting metal come from the butler, and just a blink later she saw that Lawrence was hovering above the ground right in front of her. She had seen a great deal of strange and magical things even before she took on her current alter ego, but even though she was quickly accepting the advanced technology of this new world, to see her new friend defying gravity in such a way… the disguised princess was rather awestruck.

Her jaw had dropped open a bit before Lawrence turned back to face her, but Sheik managed to keep it from dropping further when he offered to show her just how amazing flying was. Although she was quickly mastering Sheikah stealth techniques, skilled leaps, and even Farore's Wind, she had never imagined that she might be able to experience true flight, even if it was via her friend instead of her own magic. At Lawrence's kind offer, Sheik's mind began to race, soon noting that whilst she wanted to find Impa once she could, the butler had been the sole reason that she knew she was here in the first place… and since she wasn't exactly in a hurry despite her main priority right now, she could certainly afford to spend some time experiencing flight with him.

A couple of seconds later, and Sheik had made up her mind, her surprised expression giving way to an excited grin as she took Lawrence's offered hand. "That would be great!"
    Lawrence

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Lawrence on Sun Nov 13, 2011 9:10 pm

Somehow Lawrence had a feeling the Sheikah would take him up on the offer, smiling a bit as he helped Sheik off the ground. After a bit of maneuvering, he'd arranged things so the youth's arms were around his neck, and his own arms helped support the rest of the weight. Once he made sure his grip on Sheik was secure, he warned that he was about to take off. "All right, hang on tightly now, we're about to get going!"

With that, Lawrence engaged the booster jets on his feet, and up into the air they went. He didn't get going too fast as he didn't want his passenger to fall or be frightened, but he did ascend high enough that they could skirt above the tops of the nearby buildings. There wasn't anything in skyscraper range, though. "It's a bit different seeing the world from above, isn't it?"
    Zelda/Sheik
    Stock Pot Inn Staff

Stock Pot Inn Staff

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Zelda/Sheik on Mon Nov 14, 2011 12:04 am

Sheik's grin remained as Lawrence helped her get situated, most of her weight being supported by his arms as she secured her own arms around his neck. It wasn't the first time she'd been held carried like this, and it seemed to be a good and steady position to fly in. Now that they were properly set for this, the disguised princess let out a pleased sigh, a slightly nervous yet mostly enthusiastic thrill going over her as the thoughts of what flying might be like raced through her mind. At Lawrence's announcement that they were about to take flight, she tightened her hold on him slightly, saying, "All right!"

A moment later, and Sheik could feel and see that Lawrence was beginning to take true flight as they steadily rose into the air. As they climbed higher and higher, her expression gave way to sheer awe and surprise, before slowly turning back into a growing grin. Her red eyes bright with excitement as the very people and metallic carts below them got smaller relative to her viewpoint, and very soon they were gliding just over the tops of the buildings in the area. Taking in every second of this astonishing experience and committing the sights to memory, the supposed Sheikah felt very grateful and fortunate to have run into the butler back in the park. Now not only did she know that Impa was here in this world and where she was staying, she had also got to experience the amazing sensation of flight and at the same time had gained a new friend.

"Yes, it is… wow, this is incredible… I never thought I'd get to see a high view like this save climbing a mountain. It's so interesting to see everything from a different perspective," replied Sheik, her eyes scanning the area as she soon spotted the park where she had first met Lawrence. After several seconds more had passed, she added, "You're right… flying is amazing… have you had many adventures whilst in the air?"
    Lawrence

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Lawrence on Mon Nov 14, 2011 10:40 pm

Lawrence was enjoying himself, despite having to keep his flight tightly controlled in order to help his passenger feel safe. He didn't like to show off often, but when the urge really struck him he just couldn't help himself. He flew just a little bit higher, keeping his path aimed in the general direction of the Inn. The butler smiled again when Sheik seemed so amazed by flying.

The question was a bit unexpected, but he answered it in stride. "Actually, this flight upgrade is a relatively new addition. I did try using it in battle once, but other than that, I haven't had much chance to really put it through its paces. I'm sure I'll have more opportunities to use it as time goes on."

Lawrence looked up ahead, just catching sight of the bell on top of the Stock Pot Inn. "Oh, there's the Inn; can you see it as well?"
    Zelda/Sheik
    Stock Pot Inn Staff

Stock Pot Inn Staff

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Zelda/Sheik on Tue Nov 15, 2011 3:58 am

Lawrence was definitely doing a great job of helping Sheik feel safe in what was very unfamiliar territory for her. Whilst she was still quite excited by it, she was steadily starting to feel increasingly comfortable being so high up like this. She was quite used to scaling buildings and other tall structures, but being suspended in midair above them was another sensation entirely. It gave her an additional sense of freedom, and given the strange sense of that that she'd gained since first taking on this guise despite the reasons behind her needing it in the first place, that alone was very special to her. The feeling only added to her own typically relaxed nature that she'd been able to regain from her initial spell of shyness from having arrived in this world, and she owed that almost entirely to Lawrence.

At the butler's answer, Sheik nodded, waiting a moment before responding. "It might be new, but you seem to be very adept with it already. I'm sure you'll get to practice with and use it more soon, and I hope that taking me for a flight helps out with that… I know I'm grateful for it."

When Lawrence mentioned the in, Sheik scanned the skyline with her red eyes, soon spotting a unique building with a large bell on top of it, a sign further below bearing the name of the Stock Pot Inn. Smiling a bit more, she could hardly believe just how easy it was to spot it from way up here. "Yes, I see it! Wow… you really can see everything up here. So that's really the inn where Impa stays?"
    Lawrence

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Lawrence on Tue Nov 15, 2011 8:04 pm

At Sheik's praise at his skills, Lawrence's smile grew a little more smug. It was always nice to hear that someone thought he was good at something. "Why, thank you, Sheik. My master is far more skilled at flight like this, but I try my best."

When the Sheikah youth asked if that really was the Inn that Impa was staying at, the butler nodded. "Yes, it is. It's a sizable inn, and quite nice despite everything being free of charge. The rooms are spacious and the beds are soft, I really haven't heard any complaints about it. Even I briefly had a room there, before I gained employment in this world. I believe you'll like it there."

Lawrence kept heading towards the inn, but first he posed a question. "Now, I could land over there and drop you off, or we could fly a little more. Which would you prefer?"
    Zelda/Sheik
    Stock Pot Inn Staff

Stock Pot Inn Staff

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Zelda/Sheik on Wed Nov 16, 2011 6:53 pm

"You do quite well, Lawrence," said Sheik, not failing to notice the shift in the butler's smile as he continued to fly across the city. She grinned a bit more herself at that, glad that she'd apparently made him even happier with that than she'd hoped she might.

When the butler began to describe the inn that they were heading towards, she listened intently to everything that he said, soon finding that he actually answered a couple of the questions regarding it she'd had formed in her mind before she herself could ask them. The disguised princess had imagined that it was a nice inn, but she could hardly believe it was free of charge… perhaps that was something it used in order to help out new arrivals to the world? Regardless, considering both the fact that Impa was staying there as well as that Lawrence had also previously lived there, Sheik was definitely looking forward to getting a look inside the Stock Pot Inn. "I see… it sounds like a great place."

As they continued their flight, in that direction, Sheik suddenly found herself in quite a quandary at the two options Lawrence had presented her. Whilst her top priority was of course to find Impa, she knew that even if she dropped by the inn right now, there was a distinct chance that her guardian was out and about somewhere. Still, the sooner arrived there, the sooner she had a chance at reuniting with her… turning that thought over in her mind, Sheik also contemplated Lawrence's offer of flying around some more. She was truly enjoying this and really wanted to fly for a while longer, but the butler had already been so kind to her and she didn't wish to take up too much of his time. In addition to that, whilst she was entirely keen to fly even more and see more of the incredible sights below, she couldn't help but think that she might have an even greater appreciation for the flying as well as the sights to see from up high once she had been here longer and was thus more familiar with this world. After all, seeing something for the first time was always amazing, but getting to see it from a different perspective once you knew more of what it was… that was truly something special. Even though she couldn't wait to reunite with Impa, she was still torn a little by the chance at more of this amazing experience… perhaps a compromise was possible, that way she could see Impa soon but still spend a bit of time flying with her new friend.

Glancing up to the butler, Sheik replied, saying, "That's a very tough question, Lawrence… I really would love to fly around some more, but I don't want to take up too much of your time. It's kind of you to offer both options, though… maybe we could make just a couple more passes and then you could drop me off. Would that be all right?"
    Lawrence

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Lawrence on Thu Nov 17, 2011 9:20 pm

Again, the butler nodded, perfectly fine with that compromise. "All right, a few more passes and then landing it is."

Lawrence circled around the inn rather than landing there, allowing Sheik to get a good look at it and the other buildings surrounding it. In a way it was kind of fascinating for himself as well, as he rarely came to this area of the city in the first place, let alone flying around it. Well, when Jo still lived at the inn he'd ended up staying there for a while during the Dark fiasco, but other than that, he didn't go there often.

Not wanting to take up much more of Sheik's time when the youth could be meeting up with Impa, Lawrence eventually aimed his flight towards the inn entrance. Making sure there weren't any people in the way, the robot came in for a landing on the sidewalk in front of the building. Once settled on the ground, he put the young Sheikah down. "All right, here we are: the Stock Pot Inn. Perhaps you'll get lucky and Impa is still here at the moment, if not she'll have a nice surprise waiting for her when she returns. It was nice to meet you, Sheik."
    Zelda/Sheik
    Stock Pot Inn Staff

Stock Pot Inn Staff

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Zelda/Sheik on Sat Nov 19, 2011 1:24 am

"Thank you," said Sheik, returning Lawrence's nod before shifting her gaze forward so as to take in every moment and sight of this leg of the flight. She still couldn't believe that she'd been able to experience this amazing sensation today, but between the chance to fly, having met a new friend in this strange world, and confirming that Impa was here, Sheik had wound up in a very good and upbeat mood. She had been mostly alright save the understandable confusion and feeling of being disoriented she'd had once she'd arrived in this world, but that had quickly given way to shy curiosity before shifting into the positive prelude of her current mood.

As Lawrence circled the inn, Sheik studied it intently, making sure to get a good visual memory of all angles of the inn as well as a mental map of the surrounding area. She knew that this could come in handy, and she was grateful for the chance to check out things from this angle. That alone helped to further enhance her enjoyment of this flight, and as she got lost in its spell again, she soon found herself closing her eyes and simply letting the wind rush through her hair that wasn't covered by bandages. It was something entirely different from high leaps and sprints, and she couldn't wait for the chance to experience it again… it was simply that exhilarating and amazing.

Sheik opened her eyes after a few more moments and focused on the final two passes that Lawrence made before he began to shift his flight pattern to head directly to the inn. Her red eyes alert and not missing a single thing, she watched as he made sure the concrete path was clear, right before making a very smooth landing and moving to help put her down once they were settled. She found that it didn't take any time at all to get her proper footing back, and as she straightened up and glanced about the front of the inn, she soon turned back to face the butler as he spoke to her. Her slight smile grew even more at his words, especially at his mention of her being a nice surprise for the elder Sheikah. A strong nod later, Sheik said, "It was nice to meet you as well, Lawrence. Thank you for helping get me to the inn… and for the flight, as well as letting me know that Impa is here in this world. I really am grateful… and you're right… I should hopefully catch her before too long, and I hope to see you again soon. Goodbye!"

With a bow and another smile to her new friend, Sheik soon disappeared behind the front doors of the Stock Pot Inn. Thus far, it had been an interesting day to say the least, but with her newfound friend and knowledge, it seemed that it had the potential to shape up to be quite the good one.

Current date/time is Mon Sep 25, 2017 2:45 pm