Universal NPC
    Non-Player Character

Non-Player Character

Level : ??

Nothing Interesting Happens Anymore...

Post by Universal NPC on Sat Sep 24, 2011 2:17 am

Time: 02:00 PZT
    Date: 9/23/2011

"Booooor-iiiing..." Brain Pod 12 sighed. "Nothing interesting ever happens around here anymore..."

Another brain pod, this one with the higher rank number 25, came rolling up and slapped their slacking comrade upon the cranial dome. 12 instantly retched and the brain pod was rudely snapped out of its mopey trance.

"Hey, ow!" 12 grunted, rubbing the glass that protected its tissue. "What gives, 25? You have to beat a brother like that? You disrespectin', man."

But 25 would have none of it, and it proceeded to scold. "Yes, well, you lazing around and waiting for a miracle to just drop out of the sky is not going to happen, either." It grumbled. "It's bad enough that the Science Council has been muttering to itself, and we don't need low rank pods spouting off the same nonsense. Get back to work, 12, and stop lingering on profitless thoughts."

Hmph, easier said than done. 12 huffed and tipped its capsule upwards into a haughty expression. "And it's not my fault that the Science Council is just stating how they see it. Face it, 25. You're the one sticking to profitless thoughts." It pointed a confrontational claw to its irritated counterpart. "When's the last time he's been here, huh? Huh? C'mon, tell me, Oh Loyal One."

"Don't you use that patronizing tone with me, you lowbrow ingrate." 25 would be having none of that from a lower rank! "You know full well that His Evilness is busy planning heinous, unspeakable acts of depraved evil. Why, just this very minute, perhaps. It demeans yourself to think otherwise, and I'd rather not demean myself and look like a dissenting traitor!"

Them fighting words! Now it was 12's turn to put on the gentleman's gloves. "Oh, yeah? Like what." The brain pod countered. "I don't know what planet you've been on, pal, but there certainly hasn't been any heinous, unspeakable acts of depraved evil in a good, long while. Just what are you toking?" Strangely, it then hushed and looked around before whispering. "And could I, like, get some...?"

"Oh, you are just a disgusting piece of -- " But 25 found itself interrupted as a slightly dirtier, more practical type of minion came on up. And it wasn't alone.

Three grub, each in identical work uniforms, twitched their antennas and tilted their heads in unison. Six bug eyes stared at the brain pods without a blink, and the forward one squeaked. "Sorry, but we couldn't help but overhear the conversation." This one rang up as Grub-057 in both brain pod's built-in ID scanners.

"Yeah." And this one had to be Grub-081. "What's this about His Evilness?"

The other one was oddly silent. Apparently Grub-005 wasn't very talkative this morning.

Both brain pods eyed one another, not sure what to say. Now they done it. Just talking about discontentment was enough to get one punished in the torture division, and everyone knew that the minions down there were a tad overzealous in their work. Well, maybe saying a tad was underestimating it. In any case, the brain pods glance back at the same time and tried to stammer a hasty explanation.

"N-Nothing! We were just, ah, discussing brain pod things." Came the silly excuse from 12.

Whereas 25 had something else on the frontal lobes. "Oh, you know, just conversing about quantum mechanics and wave patterns. You grubs wouldn't like that abstract nonsense."

Grubs, while not overly strong, knew better that something else was up. How dumb did they look? Brain pods, pfft.

"We heard you mention His Evilness."

Busted like Keno Kentrix on his weapon deals.

"And that you claimed he hasn't done anything."

Now elevating busted level to that of Torque and his parking tickets.

"Which means you both are showing signs of dissent."

Oh, lordy, can this thing go any higher? Super busted, and not even getting a last meal on death row.

Their moozles cooked, the brain pods had no choice but to relent and plead for the grubs to keep mum. You have no idea how these little things gossip at the speed of light! "Alright, alright." 12 wiggled its arms and sighed, furrowing its single brow and staring off into the distance petulantly. "Okay, so we may have been talking about things that were grinding our gears."

"Your gears." Thanks for the bro support, 25.

12 just rolled its eyes. "Whatever..."

But if the brain pods thought that the grubs would be ratting them out, they had another thing coming to them. Grub-057 twitched its antennas and rubbed its hands together in a typical twizzling rotation most insects did. "We think the same thing."

What?

The grubs only nodded in unison while the brain pods looked on in brief shock. Did... Did they just mention that they agreed? Oh geeze, that meant they were all destined for the torture division! "You... you do?" Consider both 12 and 25 bamboozled. If the grubs were thinking the same thing, then... what was really going on regarding Planet Z?

"Yes. And there's a meeting today. We're all told to go." One of the other two grubs spoke up. This time it was Grub-005, the one who had been previously quiet.

A secret meeting, talks of hesitation, whisperings... Yes, something was going on, but strangely... none of the minions were paying attention to a certain shadow that mingled amongst them.

Things were about to get a whole lot more interesting. A whole lot more...
    [ADPT.] NOS-4-A2
    Inactive Account

Inactive Account

Level : 45

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    50/50  (50/50)
    Health Bar:
    500/500  (500/500)
    Stamina Bar:
    90/90  (90/90)

Re: Nothing Interesting Happens Anymore...

Post by [ADPT.] NOS-4-A2 on Sat Sep 24, 2011 2:38 am

Disinterest, boredom, brewing irritation.

NOS-4-A2 swiped a single talon upon the top of a monitor and sneered at the level of dust it had effortlessly collected. Disgusting! This entire place was like a dump! What had that old man been doing all this time? The same was true for not only the monitor it had passed, but the rest of the complex. Aimless minions, idling robots and machines, lack of motivation... It was like the entire planet had undergone some sort of spell. Appalling, was what it was. Absolutely appalling and the energy vampire let out a low growl. "Well, if Daddy can't manage the family business due to old age then it's time for him to pass on the mantle. Or simply, pass on. Ahaha..." The latter would be much more enjoyable.

Thanks to the access codes installed, the killing machine had no hassle breaching the outer perimeters and slinking in. It was like a shadow, there one second and gone the next in a blink of an eye. Every Hornet, Beetle, operation unit it saw fit for some unforeseen purpose, NOS-4-A2 claimed in one bite. While their security systems had been upgraded for an energy vampire bite, the systems had no way of counteracting a bite reinforced with override codes. Aha, lovely.

The able bodies added up in minutes and soon NOS-4-A2 had a sizable enough army to siege the palace by force. The only problem was, and it was a biggie, was the main planetary system... Yes, NOS-4-A2 remembered that particularly stubborn AI very well. It rubbed its chin and tried to think. "Hm... I'll need to override the main power grid so that the back-up generators come online. That will drain all power from security fields and place them into primary life support functions." It knew this system like the back of its claw, and to think the fool never upgraded it since then! Pah, irresponsible oaf.

It was better to get this underway sooner than later. The more time it wasted, the quicker he could show up. That must not happen at all costs.

"You three, over there." NOS-4-A2 pointed a talon at a trio of hovering vampire Hornets. They obeyed their dark master without question and the energy vampire wrapped itself within the confines of its cloak, leaving its eyes to peek through. "I want you to cause some commotion and distract the system while the rest of you incompetent lot come with me. The more diverted the grid is, the slower it will respond. Go."

Show time.
    Universal NPC
    Non-Player Character

Non-Player Character

Post by Universal NPC on Sat Sep 24, 2011 3:16 am

"Order! Order!"

Minions of every rank, specialization, and specie settled down as the greyed brain pod in the front swung down a makeshift gavel. Grubs lined up in the front, their faces identical to the tee, and the brain pods rolled up from behind. No robots were allowed as they were kept on perimeter duty.

"I like to call meeting #9 into order." Brain pod 50 set down the gavel and cleared its vocal synthesizer. "To start, I'd like for brain pod 32 to start the meeting with this week's progress ledger. You may begin whenever you are ready, 32."

Brain pod 32 wheeled closer to the group when called, and it withdrew a clipboard before speaking. "Right. Thank you, 50. Ahem. Now, onto business. As you all know, my peers, productivity and inspiration has been at an all time low." Many a minion mumbled in agreement, both brain pod and grub nodding their heads to one another. "We haven't met our monthly quota on Hornet manufacturing, resources are growing lower by the day, and... well, frankly, we haven't done a single darn, evil thing and most of us, if I can be perfectly honest, are absolutely bored out of our minds." More murmuring, this time louder and pronounced. "There is also the fact that our, ah, esteemed leader has been missing from the picture rather, er, prominently -- "

"You mean not been here at all." A random grub voiced.

That opinion was apparently shared by everyone and now outrage was starting to poke its way through otherwise rational minds.

"He's spending too much time on Portal Breach!" A brain pod cried.

"Doesn't he care about us?"

"It's probably that girl and those other people!"

"He replaced us with the factory and that new guy!"

Brain pod 50 had to act quickly here, as a revolt was practically upon its claws. "Settle down, settle down, my friends..." It patted the air out of supplication and waited for everyone to bottle their latest frustration for a second time. "Yes, we are aware that His Evilness has keep his mind, sadly, preoccupied with the planet below. That is to be expected after all, as even Evil Emperors and minions can be social creatures." It was not an excuse, but the reasoning was valid in several of the onlookers. "I am sure, my friends, that His Evilness has not forgotten us and is merely exploring a different aspect of his life. After all, has he not taken care of us for the past decades? Have you ever seen him take a vacation or treated himself to anything nice?"

Hardly anyone could argue with that. The Evil Emperor seldom took breaks from the job, and he always kept the evil business structured and fair. Fair in a dictator's sense of the word, of course. Still, perhaps brain pod 50 was right? Perhaps the Evil Emperor was just... finding things about himself? That was allowed, right?

"That doesn't exempt him from his obligation to us. We all entered his servitude and were promised survival. How can we manage ourselves if we don't even know how the system even works?"

It was true. No minion alive or dead knew how to control the vast, complex systems of Planet Z itself. Only the Evil Emperor ever seemed to know the fully capability and he wasn't here... Well, that was quite the conundrum, then, wasn't it?

Brain pod 50 nodded at the statement. "Yes, this is indeed true. Planet Z is an enigma even to we minions. However, I would like to imagine that it can sustain itself long before we all die out. Let us not forget that we are dealing with powerful technology here. So powerful, even, that if someone foul were to get their hands upon such power that the very Cosmos would be in dire need of salvation. We should be fortunate that His Evilness is sane enough to keep that balance in check. Now, if there is anything else? 32?"

"Oh, oh, oh! That's me, right!" 32 snapped to attention and briefly skimmed the papers before shaking its dome. "Nothing else besides the sewer system needing to be exchanged for fresh vats."

There was a collective groan and shiver of disgust. Ew, no one wanted sewage duty!

"Good. Thank you, 32. There you have it, my friends." Brain pod 50 spoke up. "There is nothing else to report, so we may all go back to our stations and continue our individual -- "

BWWWWOOOOOOOOOoooooo....

Darkness suddenly engulfed the meeting chamber and panicked cries echoed all around.

"Hey, who turned out the lights!?"

"I'm afraid of the dark!"

What was going on?

Instantly brain pod 50 sprung into action. "Activate auxiliary illumination features!" A fancy way of saying: let there be light! There were snaps from all directions as minions powered on their emergency functions, brain pod cranial capsules glowing in a soft green and the blue accents on grub uniforms matching with identical colour. In short, it was like a real rave party in here but the circumstances were far from jovial. "Brain pod 32, bring up the system reports!" It instructed.

"I'm trying, I'm trying!" 32 rasped. No matter what it inputted into the datapad, nothing was responding! "I can't bring up anything, 50! The entire main grid is down!"

The main grid? Down? "Preposterous! The system is designed to kick in backup generators upon failing! Minions, there's something foul afoot! Move out, single file! Don't lose sight of your immediate neighbours!" Brain pod 50 instructed.

What was going on here...
    [ADPT.] NOS-4-A2
    Inactive Account

Inactive Account

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    50/50  (50/50)
    Health Bar:
    500/500  (500/500)
    Stamina Bar:
    90/90  (90/90)

Post by [ADPT.] NOS-4-A2 on Sat Sep 24, 2011 4:56 am

"Mm, delicious..." Well-fed, NOS-4-A2 licked its metallic lips clean with the back of its forearm. The main generator had always been a tasty snack on Planet Z. It would have to get the recipe of whatever the Evil Emperor gave it, but for now it watched the energy levels fall dramatically, the surface of its monocle depicting a steadily-declining bar graph.

Main weapons system: offline.
    Main life support functions: offline.
    Outer perimeter field: offline.
    System conservation plan X-009: online.

Red all across the board, and the system struggling to keep up. It could thank the many minions NOS-4-A2 had spread out for that. With the vampire Hornets and various models spanning the system resources far and few between, the energy vampire could make use of the distraction. It brought up a forbidden blueprint of the palace itself, and scanned for several access ways to the off-limits levels in nanoseconds. "Hm... Several holding areas for shelved experiments. Interesting, but not mine currently. Where, oh where, do you have her hiding, you incompetent buffoon..."

It. It! NOS-4-A2 needed it, the one thing that kept Planet Z running! Out of aggravation the energy vampire hissed and it zoomed around the many twisting, confusing corridors of Planet Z. It didn't have the time to be searching! It needed to find it, and it needed to find it now! Wait... NOS-4-A2 narrowed its eyes and ripped off a vent before plunging within it. Where would he hide something that powered up the entire complex? Where... It couldn't be upper, as this place had used to been blown up consistently thanks to Star Command flunkies. So, then... NOS-4-A2 let out a grin, its fangs glistening. Down. The thing it sought would be down.

"Oh, Zurg. Did you really think to outsmart someone who is even more arrogant than yourself?" Never were there truer words and NOS-4-A2 barreled through the forgotten, decrepit hells that awaited it in the bowels of the planet. Its travels would take it to the level below Level 1, the supposed end, but the energy vampire knew better. The Evil Emperor was fond of hiding things precious to him in various, maddening ways. Thanks to the shuddering system it had penetrated the end of the ventilation shaft without being sealed off, and NOS-4-A2 burst out with a terrifying shriek.

Level 0, the beginning of it all.

Here the air was cool, chilling. The metal in this hall was unlike anything the energy vampire had ever seen, and the architecture appeared as if it had been removed from time itself and left to stand alone perfectly against rot and decay. There were strange, glowing glyphs that zipped down the hall's expanse, pulsing, and NOS-4-A2 paused to a mere hovering crawl.

What was this place?

It was very dark, foreboding even, but the energy reading... NOS-4-A2 didn't need any scanner to understand what was up ahead. The power level was astounding! And to think, this had been buried beneath Planet Z's lackluster surface all this time! It must have it! It must! With a flap of its wings it hurried through the unsettling atmosphere and shot out through an open port and into...

"By the Cosmos, what is this place...?" This was apparently a giant fortress underground, NOS-4-A2 unsure of how to proceed from here. It seemed darn near impenetrable save for only one access point, and that... was a heavily fortified door. Right. Security, of course. Would the access codes work? It fluttered hesitantly forward and glanced around. There didn't seem to be any weaponry, but... you never know with alien technology, and apparently the energy vampire really did know little about the Evil Emperor than it thought.

Approaching closer to what it perceived to be a terminal, it waved its hand around aaaaaaaaand... hssssss! Success!

NOS-4-A2 watched out of anxious anticipation as the gigantic pistons that had kept the door sealed rose upwards, the impenetrable mechanism peeling away in a beautiful rotation to reveal... yet another room. What was up with all these layers, really? Paranoid aliens.

This chamber actually made sense, as there was a thick column in the middle with wires and cables running through it and in it. No doubt something was behind that dense blast shielding. Why all this underneath a planet...? What was that old man hiding down here...

Ever cautious and now doubly more so, NOS-4-A2 skimmed around the chamber's circumference once and approached the central pillar. Everything seemed dormant, but... "It's time to find out just what exactly you've selfishly coveted to yourself." With a mere flick of its hand, the plating clicked loudly and shifted away. It was time to confront whatever was down here.

KKkkkkkkkkRRRRRNNNNNNGH!

Whatever that was, it certainly didn't sound -- ZZZZZZSK!

Energy, uncontrolled and unbound energy, zipped out from the widening cracks of the shielding and NOS-4-A2 let out a surprised shriek as it hastily dodged in the nick of time. And not a moment too soon, as the energy vampire's vision was suddenly blinded in a wash of staunch red.

01001001 01001110 01010100 01010010
    01010101 01000100 01000101 01010010

Was... Was that binary?

NOS-4-A2 soon grew the courage to peek through its fingers, and it at last took sight of the very thing that kept the entire planetary system running. The main system, and it did not look pleased in the slightest. It's single red eye kept itself fixated on the energy vampire and the shutter around its shimmering lens tightened as it focused.

01001001 01001110 01010100 01010010
    01010101 01000100 01000101 01010010

"Yes, yes. I think we are perfectly aware that I am an intruder, thank you." Why would a highly advanced alien machine speak something as rudimentary as binary? NOS-4-A2 may never understand and it didn't rightfully care. What mattered was that it had found the very thing it was searching for, and the blasted thing appeared to be rooted in that awful pillar. Bugger, it was immobile and immensely big. "No matter." The energy vampire drew nearer with a widening smile. "All the more that my prey does not run away. Now, system, behave yourself and succumb to my -- !?"

NOS-4-A2 never got the chance to finish as the system let loose a surge of chaotic, not to mention painful energy. "STOP THAT!" The energy vampire shrieked, avoiding subsequent blasts. This thing was just as volatile as its creator, insolent thing!

01000001 01101100 01101100 00100000 01101001 01101110 01110100 01110010 01110101 01100100 01100101 01110010 01110011 00100000 01101101 01110101 01110011 01110100 00100000 01100010 01100101 00100000 01110100 01100101 01110010 01101101 01101001 01101110 01100001 01110100 01100101 01100100 00101110 00100000 01010011 01100101 01100011 01110101 01110010 01101001 01110100 01111001 00100000 01100010 01110010 01100101 01100001 01100011 01101000 00101110 00100000 01010011 01100101 01100011 01110101 01110010 01101001 01110100 01111001 00100000 01100010 01110010 01100101 01100001 01100011 01101000 00101110 00100000 01010011 01100101 01101110 01100100 01101001 01101110 01100111 00100000 01100100 01101001 01110011 01110100 01110010 01100101 01110011 01110011 00100000 01100011 01100001 01101100 01101100 00101110

Oh, it would be doing none of that.

With a growl the energy vampire dove and it countered with an override command of its own. As expected, the two frequencies clashed and the system was momentarily thwarted from attempting to call for help. The advantage its, NOS-4-A2 sent out a relentless firewall and soon... the system watched helplessly as it found itself cut off and barred from its very own digital domain.

"There." The energy vampire huffed triumphantly, lowering itself casually towards the flooring to hover before a set of glowing controls. Ooh, these looked tasty. "Now, where was I... Ah, yes. I was about to bind you to my will. How lovely."

The neutralized system was oddly silent and it did not stir. Both physically and digitally.

Quiet? NOS-4-A2 found that different, but it mattered little. It found what it had sought, and now it could claim it. With a single finger raised, it gently lowered it into the command console and -- ZZZZZZZZZZZZZSK!

The infection spread like digital wildfire, the system noticeably shaking and shuddering. Its single eye widened at the sudden hostility and it snapped it down to face the energy vampire angrily. Oho, it could fight it all it wanted, but NOS-4-A2 was fairly confident that it would fall beneath it like all machines did. Alien or not, they were all meant for one purpose: to serve him. So confident, even, that the energy vampire buffed its talons upon its cloak and smirked. This was excellent handiwork, if it may say so --

...Something was wrong. Something was very wrong.

Electric-green sparks surged around the energy vampire's embedded finger and immediately the system wretched violently again. It was to the point of screaming out coding now, and clearly it looked... afraid. It looked frightened and NOS-4-A2 hadn't the slightest clue what was going on.

01010011 01100101 01100011 01101111 01101110 01100100 00100000 01110101 01101110 01101011 01101110 01101111 01110111 01101110 00100000 01101001 01101110 01110100 01110010 01110101 01100100 01100101 01110010 00100000 01100100 01100101 01110100 01100101 01100011 01110100 01100101 01100100 00101110 00100000 01001001 01101110 01100110 01100101 01100011 01110100 01101001 01101111 01101110 00100000 01110011 01110000 01110010 01100101 01100001 01100100 01101001 01101110 01100111 00100000 01110100 01101111 00100000 01100001 01101100 01101100 00100000 01110011 01111001 01110011 01110100 01100101 01101101 01110011 00101110 00100000 01000001 01100010 01101111 01110010 01110100 00101110 00100000 01000001 01100010 01101111 01110010 01110100 00100000 01100110 01100001 01101001 01101100 01100101 01100100 00101110 00100000 01010011 01101000 01110101 01110100 01100100 01101111 01110111 01101110 00101110 00100000 01010011 01101000 01110101 01110100 01100100 01101111 01110111 01101110 00100000 01100110 01100001 01101001 01101100 01100101 01100100 00101110 00100000 01010111 01100001 01110010 01101110 01101001 01101110 01100111 00100000 01110000 01110010 01101111 01110100 01101111 01100011 01101111 01101100 01110011 00101110 00100000 01010111 01100001 01110010 01101110 01101001 01101110 01100111 00100000 01110000 01110010 01101111 01110100 01101111 01100011 01101111 01101100 01110011 00100000 01100110 01100001 01101001 01101100 01100101 01100100 00101110

What!? That wasn't right at all!

And that's when NOS-4-A2 witnessed the change.

Green, vibrant and stark green, slowly inched its way over the reddened hue of the system aura, and if NOS-4-A2 knew any better... The system eye glared down at NOS-4-A2 one last time, its freedom quickly waning, and it almost appeared to have been begging...

01001000 01100101 01101100 01110000 00101110 00100000 01001000 01100101 01101100 01110000 00101110 00100000 01001000 01100101 01101100 01110000 00101110 00100000 01001000 01100101 01101100 01110000 00101110

Silence, and then...

A gentle hum quietened the room and all became still. A green eye now glanced down at the bewildered energy vampire, and a new code crackled through the air.

01001001 01101110 01100110 01100101 01100011 01110100 01101001 01101111 01101110 00100000 01100011 01101111 01101101 01110000 01101100 01100101 01110100 01100101 00101110 00100000 01010011 01111001 01110011 01110100 01100101 01101101 00100000 01100001 01110100 00100000 00110001 00110000 00110000 00100101 00100000 01100011 01101111 01101110 01110100 01110010 01101111 01101100 00101110 00100000 01001000 01100101 01101100 01101100 01101111 00101100 00100000 01001110 01001111 01010011 00101101 00110100 00101101 01000001 00110010 00101110 00100000 01000100 01101111 00100000 01111001 01101111 01110101 00100000 01101100 01101001 01101011 01100101 00100000 01110111 01101000 01100001 01110100 00100000 01001001 00100111 01110110 01100101 00100000 01100100 01101111 01101110 01100101 00100000 01110111 01101001 01110100 01101000 00100000 01111001 01101111 01110101 01110010 00100000 01101101 01101111 01110100 01101000 01100101 01110010 00111111

It was over for the energy vampire, and NOS-4-A2 could only stare back at the very system it had tried to dominate.

"It cannot be...!"

It could not!
    Universal NPC
    Non-Player Character

Non-Player Character

Post by Universal NPC on Wed Oct 05, 2011 6:22 pm

"Power's back!"

There was a collective sigh of relief as the familiar sanctuary of light flickered to life, the entire complex once again bathed in dim accents. Grubs wiped their exoskeletons and brain pods could relax just a bit as a potential power outage had been averted before it could terminate the entire system. Every minion dreaded what to think if His Evilness had arrived during such a frantic scenario. Thankfully brain pod 50 had expertly commanded the staff beneath its rank and soon everything was returned to a functional order. Brain pods returned to their tasks and grubs went back to work as he rolled by and inspected each and every single one of them. At his side was brain pod 32, the one who had given a list of details previously before the fiasco had occurred.

"That was strange, if I may say so..." 32 mumbled quietly. "I knew Planet Z had power outages periodically because of the frequent storms, but normally the buffers prevent a major lapse as the one we just had. I smell something fishy, and it's not Chef's anchovies surprise."

50 had no choice but to agree, and it nodded its cranial capsule slightly. "Indeed I feel that your hunch is correct. A massive wide power outage doesn't happen on the grid like that. Normally it happens in sections and we are warned ahead of time. This time... everything went dark. I wish His Evilness was here to sort this out. He would know what to do."

Speaking of that... 32 looked over its shoulders and whispered. "What do you think about the current situation? About His Evilness not being here like he used to be? I think the staff is getting restless."

Again, 50 had to nod. As they rolled down the lonely halls within the complex, their pace leisurely, they both kept side-by-side with their preserved eyes roaming around. There was a tinge of anxiety in their movements, but they otherwise kept their voices calm. "I fear that if His Evilness does not return soon to quiet the masses, then we may have another revolt on our hands. We can only enter hibernation for so long, and the rotation ahead of us isn't due for another couple of months. There is no possible way for the staff to remain collected and appeased if there is simply nothing to do. Things are growing dire each day that passes us by."

"Ohh, now I wish that His Evilness was here..." 32 whined.

"Gentlemen, I think I may have the answer to your problem." Someone spoke from ahead.

Suddenly hissing from all around startled their senses and growling Hornets flanked from every direction, both brain pods completely trapped where they remained. Neither of them had time to gasp as a very familiar figure draped in a concealing cloak hovered out and issues a fanged, electrified grin. "Please, why don't you just sit so we can talk about the future of my daddy's business."

How was this even possible!?
    [ADPT.] NOS-4-A2
    Inactive Account

Inactive Account

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    50/50  (50/50)
    Health Bar:
    500/500  (500/500)
    Stamina Bar:
    90/90  (90/90)

Post by [ADPT.] NOS-4-A2 on Wed Oct 05, 2011 6:51 pm

From its advantage point NOS-4-A2 let out a smug chuckle and it lowered itself, body enshrouded within the mysterious confines of its cloak. "Good evening, gentlemen. Are you surprised to see me?" It teased, lowering a portion of its cloak to reveal a most pleased smile. "Thought you were rid of me, do you? Well, aren't you all in for a pleasant surprise. And what do we have here, hm?" NOS-4-A2 narrowed its single eye and assessed the plated numbers on the brain pods' backsides. "Numbers 32 and 50..." It mused. Ah, high-ranking pods! Excellent. This would do most nicely. With such esteemed minions it would have an easier time corralling the others. Most excellent.

"It is good to know that this place still has its pecking order." Again another tease. "Like my little distraction? The power outage worked perfectly to my advantage. Your main system was delectable, if I may so boldly... mm..." NOS-4-A2 licked its metallic lips with a zap at the end. "...boast. Now... what to do with you..."

Whatever the energy vampire just now stated it riled one of the pods, this one numbered 32. "Yeah, right, you haughty energy sucker!" Ugh, indignant creature! It will know its place very soon. "The main system is so well-hidden that not even we know where it is, and we've been searching for years. You're just a big, fat liar." Oho, this one had a mouth on it despite lacking one. Did brain pods even possess mouths? Never mind that.

NOS-4-A2 decided to simply buff its talons upon its cloak before growing bored. "Oh, how dreary... Do you brain pods have any specific use besides blabbing? I thought that's what the lowly insects did... No matter, really." It then grinned and drilled out its fangs before inching closer to a now-shivering 32. "I will remedy your sad condition shortly."

A shriek and a period of curt silence later, brain pod 32 clattered to the floor, unconscious and groaning. There were now two neat, sparkling penetration marks upon the brain pods concealed power pack and NOS-4-A2 merely wiped its mouth clean with a forearm.

"You heartless monster!" 50 snarled, restrained by the hissing Hornets. "We can't sustain ourselves long without our external packs! You will kill us!"

The energy vampire simply chuckled and growled. "And I care, why?" The ruthless answer shut up an alarmed 50, and NOS-4-A2 gestured with a disinterested claw. "Round them both up. I require them for future use. Quickly, my little pets. Time is not with us today."

As much as 50 tried to stammer, the brain pod was immediately silenced when one of the Hornets held up a sturdy arm. A harsh smack echoed throughout the halls and at last there was a peaceful silence. Neither brain pods stirred while the Hornets proceeded to cart their bodies away. "Good, good. Take them to the Throne Room and be sure to round the others there as well. Let none of them escape. I need them all." While the order was being carried underway, the energy vampire suddenly twitched. Green sparks zipped out from its joints and NOS-4-A2 succumbed to an invisible pain.

I need them all alive. Don't forget that.

"Y-You little pest...! Ugh!" The sensation of having a secondary AI in control caused the energy vampire great humiliation, and it winced as SIR sent out a jolt throughout its body. It did not shriek, however. NOS-4-A2 would still hold onto what little dignity it still had left and it snapped back into attention. "Yes, yes. You will have your precious staff..." It growled to itself. As to why the energy vampire could not fathom. The minions were more trouble than they were worth!

Good. Proceed. The next stage of our awakening must begin immediately.

"Of course, of course." The pain subsided and NOS-4-A2 once again felt complete control over its body. Ugh, a wretched feeling of anything. It flexed its talons as a precaution and snapped angrily at the lingering Hornets who were too daft to follow orders. "Incompetent machines! Round up the other minions and drive them to the Throne Room! We don't have all day!" The bark was enough to send the Hornets scattering with their individual screeches, leaving NOS-4-A2 to cover itself up self-consciously.

Soon... Soon... Everything will come together soon.

It fluttered off without another sound and it zipped throughout the eerie halls of Planet Z, anxious and determined.
    Universal NPC
    Non-Player Character

Non-Player Character

Post by Universal NPC on Wed Oct 05, 2011 7:24 pm

All around the Throne room there were minions back to back, brain pods against fellow brain pods and grubs squished against fellow grub. There was hardly any room for all minions at once, and the hissing vampire Hornets that now took control of the chamber kept the frightened freak show staff in line. Most minions tried to cry out, asking what was going on, but no one could answer. Why, no one rightfully knew in the first place! They could take a guess, however, as seeing the vampire Hornets could have only meant one thing -- "Look! Up there!"

At a grub's shout all minion chatter ceased at once, and a couple hundred eyes directed themselves right above the unoccupied throne at one end of the chamber; a throne now made use by a very smug and confident energy vampire, NOS-4-A2. No one dared to point out what unspoken rule of the planet had been broken, and the minions were absolutely petrified.

"Good evening to you, my reluctant little helpers..." The robot purred, hands together and talons tapping in a pleased fashion. "I hope you are all comfortable with the current arrangements so far. I guarantee that there will be much change now that your fearless and most admired Evil Emperor is currently MIA."

This prompted a response from a shaky brain pod in the back. "Y-You aren't allowed to be here, NOS-4-A2! If His Evilness finds out what you've done, you will be blown to pieces just like you were last time!"

That just so happened to be one of NOS-4-A2's sore spots, and the energy vampire hissed with a powerful surge of energy into its extended wings. Minions all around covered their ears at the following inhuman shriek, and the brain pod that had so boldly reminded the energy vampire of its previous failure? It was soon carried forward by a pair of vampire Hornets and throw into the secret trap door that also mimicked a giant, monogrammed Z. There was a yelp, and that was that of the obnoxious pod. "Anyone else want to play the big-shot hero!?" NOS-4-A2 angrily barked, pointing a seething talon to where the brain pod had just been fed to.

Minions only shook their head furiously. "Good. Now, back onto business... I trust you all know as to why you are here, yes?"

The shaking of heads continued, and NOS-4-A2 was pleased at the amount of control it had over the group. "Simple. You are now to serve me."

Now the minions got to talking, whispering and mumbling amongst themselves. Serve NOS-4-A2? Not the Evil Emperor? Wasn't that traitorous? Wouldn't they be tortured or worse, punished beyond a reasonable doubt? Sensing the confusion, the energy vampire cleared its throat. It knew how to deal with this lot of yellow-bellies. "Perhaps I didn't make myself clear." It began casually. "Serve me, or follow your friend."

The threat certainly did the trick and a loud "We now serve you, Oh Evil One!" rang throughout the Throne Room without a mind's hesitation.

"Much better." NOS-4-A2 grinned. All too easy, if it may say so. See what happened when you neglected your minions for too long?

A little grub marched bravely forward, hunched over and antennas drooping. It approached the now-usurped throne and gulped before squeaking. "What will you have your minions do, Oh Evil One?" It almost sounded adorable if NOS-4-A2 didn't think grubs were utterly filthy creatures.

"Mm, simple." With a snap of its fingers, the system responded to its demand and the overhead monitors lined throughout the Throne Room flicked on, a detailed schematic on their screens. What it was, was a mystery to you, reader. "I need you to construct this. And I need it fast."

Another grub came up, rubbing its chin. "How fast are we talking?"

"A month. Perhaps a month in a half." Came the absolute answer. And nothing more than that, either.

Again, some talking but more and more grubs were nodding their heads, thinking it could be done in the allotted time frame. The brain pods didn't seem to be sold on the idea, but the smartest ones kept their big voice boxes shut. Excellent, indeed. "It can be done, Oh Evil One. We shall start immediately."

Liking what it was hearing, NOS-4-A2 waved a claw and dismissed the shivering turncoats with mild disgust. "Then go. And don't come back to me until you're finished, for if you do..." Several of the vampire Hornets hissed and bared their claws, eager to harm a disobedient minion or two. "Well, I trust you know that the intention is clear." It smiled before sneering. "Now leave me be, you worthless things."

At the command all the minions poured out, eager to leave their new master's cruel sights. Grubs quickly clumped together in their little groups and whisked off to produce the framework and brain pods wheeled away to conjure up their obscenely long formulas. With all the robots and machines in NOS-4-A2's control, it was laughably easy to keep a constant eye on them all. They would be fools to think that they could send out a message for help or defect. Utter and complete fools. "Mmhmhm..." NOS-4-A2 lounged back and placed its hands behind its head, eye closed with a slight smirk. "Just as easy as I remembered it. A pity, really. I was looking forward to a challenge -- URP!"

A green surge came out of the blue and once again the energy vampire flailed about, immobilized by the intense pain. It was that blasted AI!

We are not finished yet. The voice in the energy vampire's head whispered. There is still much to be done. I need you to lay siege to the last line of defense this dying planet has.

Last line of defense? NOS-4-A2 hissed and felt its joints locking up. "What are you talking about, you incessant AI!? The planet's system was it's last line of defense! There is nothing else, now cease your pestering! I am following orders!"

Another jolt rocked the energy vampire's body, and NOS-4-A2 gave a small yelp. No. There is one more. We have not struck at his heart.

His... heart? What asinine riddle was this?

Schematics were then instantly downloaded into NOS-4-A2's mind, and the energy vampire had no choice but to allow the signal access; not matter how unwanted and intrusive it may be. "What... What are these...?" It asked between its gritting fangs. It didn't recognize these locations and access ways. More hidden chambers and areas that this insufferable planet possessed?

The pain slowly lessened at the question and SIR issued one last whisper that caused NOS-4-A2's eye to grow wide. The last thing I need dominated before I have complete control of this world; the planet's core.

Oh, you have got to be joking...

Current date/time is Wed Sep 20, 2017 3:25 am