Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Exercise Has Never Been Better!

Post by Jo Pistonne on Sat Sep 17, 2011 5:10 am

Time: 2:32 PM
    Date: September 17, 2011

At long last, Jo had completed Cinderella's commission. It had taken much, much longer than she'd anticipated due to Dark getting in the way and bad timing in general, as well as a few programming errors she'd had some difficulty with before Zurg's tips had helped her sort through them. Now, after a few test runs she'd done with Proxy, she was proud to say it was complete. And hopefully, Cinderella would be pleased with the result too.

She'd called the officer earlier that morning at work to let her know that her commission was finally ready, but the mechanic figured she'd come by after lunch. She imagined that police officers needed to do a lot of patrols around the city to make sure everything was in order. She barely heard about them in either case. So Jo decided to work on few more things she had to do before Cinderella arrived, if she'd arrive on that day. The commission was at least in order, so that was one huge weight off of the mechanic's shoulders.
    [ADPT.] Cinderella
    Inactive Account

Inactive Account

Level : 15

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    200/200  (200/200)
    Stamina Bar:
    30/30  (30/30)

Re: Exercise Has Never Been Better!

Post by [ADPT.] Cinderella on Sun Sep 18, 2011 11:11 am

As the summer was winding down, it would seem the complication of her machine was too. Jenny had mentioned that it seemed very busying when she returned from giving Jo the information, but seeing it wasn't vital to anything, Cinderella hadn't been too worried about it taking that long. She took the time to change into a dress, rather than continue wearing her uniform. At quarter until three, she was out of her apartment and headed towards Jo's shop.

As she opened the door, the scent hit hard. Still, it was better than the smell of Frau Totenkinder's place-rose, mint and old lady. Ugh. her heels clicked as she approached the counter, crossing her arms and leaning against it, checking out the other wares. "Jo? Proxy? Here to see my training hologram."
    Jo Pistonne
    Zettabyte

Zettabyte

Level : 60

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Jo Pistonne on Tue Sep 20, 2011 1:02 am

Jo heard Cinderella enter as soon as she opened the door; by then, she had moved the officer's machine up into the back room, so she could show her how it worked. Proxy had helped her transfer it, because the machine was too heavy to transfer on her own, and if Cinderella needed assistance in taking it to her apartment later, Proxy would be more than happy to provide it.

The mechanic left Proxy with the machine and skipped into the front room to meet with the woman. "Hi, Cindy! I'm sorry it took so long, but it's gonna be worth it. I've tested it out and it looks pretty good. But you'll be the judge of that! Come on!"

She led the woman into the back room, where Proxy was just turning on a gold-looking machine composed of several rings and panels. It was moderately large, something that could be set up against the wall and look like a decoration or ornament, nearly inconspicuous for what it really was.

"Tada! What do you think so far?" The mechanic put her hands on her hips, proud. "Do you want to see it in action?"
    [ADPT.] Cinderella
    Inactive Account

Inactive Account

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    200/200  (200/200)
    Stamina Bar:
    30/30  (30/30)

Post by [ADPT.] Cinderella on Tue Sep 20, 2011 2:24 am

As she heard Jo's foosteps, Cinderella looked over her shoulder. When she entered, the Fable straightened up, nodding and smiling. "It's fine, technology always needs the kinks straightened out before going on the market." Except cars. She couldn't quite get why Mundies were so willing to buy first year cars then complain about all the problems, knowing car companies didn't quite smooth all the kinks as well as they could.

She let her arms drop to her side, following the machanic to the back. She walked over to the gold machine, admiring the simplicity of it. "It looks good so far, sleek design, easy enough to disguise. But, I would like to see it working before I make a final decision." She replied, looking at Jo after she had asked her questions. She was trying to hide how excited she was to finally have it.
    Jo Pistonne
    Zettabyte

Zettabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Jo Pistonne on Tue Sep 20, 2011 2:43 am

"Especially when it includes delicate programming," the mechanic agreed, chuckling. She'd learned that the hard way, unfortunately. Blasted programming always making something or other lag! But it had provided her with greater insight than before, which was a reasonable price to pay in the end. Though laboring to get it all right had been a pain.

"Of course! I wouldn't dream of trying to sell it to you without you being satisfied with it first. Let me show you how it works."

The mechanic approached the contraption and stooped down for a moment, flicking a switch that seemed almost hidden on one side of the gold panels. The smooth surface of the center panel glowed with a faint blue light upon activation, revealing a screen with Basic.

"It works with this touch screen," she explained, pointing to the menu. "There's a save option to save your current progress and settings, and a section where you can keep score of your progress. The main menu has a list of the people you told me about and difficulty levels, as well as varying speeds. I added an easy level for beginners just in case you'd like to lend the machine to someone to train. And like you asked, this machine is primarily for fencing. But I did add some regular hand-to-hand combat for people like Bigby who aren't fencers."

Jo took a few steps back and swept her hand to it. "Why don't you chose someone on the list to test it out?" She'd tried it out on easy mode and got her butt whooped! She could hold her own with a wrench, but she lacked the dexterity and skill of a real fencer.

It would be interesting to see how Cinderella fared.

Last edited by Jo Pistonne on Tue Sep 20, 2011 3:58 am; edited 1 time in total
    [ADPT.] Cinderella
    Inactive Account

Inactive Account

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    200/200  (200/200)
    Stamina Bar:
    30/30  (30/30)

Post by [ADPT.] Cinderella on Tue Sep 20, 2011 3:46 am

Cinderella gave a nod, watching as the mechanic explained the functions to her. Sounded incredibly intricate, but she had good faith in Jo. Though it wasn't magic, she had been one of the Fables to embrace technology-and this right here gave her another reason to. She skimmed through the names, having a difficult time choosing between them. At long last, she decided to go with the initial personality-the Count.

The stocky man appeared in the hologram, wearing the fencing suit with his hair hanging to his shoulders. He stood with his hands behind his back, a small smile. "He looks convincing enough," Cinderella studied the hologram. "Princess Cinderella, have your skills improved since Lord Bluebeard's demise?"

Cinderella's brows both raised at this. "Let's give you a spin." She produced a foil, taking position. Edmond Dantes followed suit, allowing Cinderella to advance first. He blocked her first attempt at a touch, though the second hit him in the chest. "Touch, on target! First score to Princess Cinderella." Aah, just like she remembered. The next few moments was rigourous, Cinderella realizing just how out of practice she really was when the small match ended five to one...in his favor.

"I must have neglected practice more than I realized after Bluebeard died."

((Well, Bigby wouldn't be fencing, but the others would. So it's all coo' ...*doesn't remember all the details*))
    Jo Pistonne
    Zettabyte

Zettabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Jo Pistonne on Tue Sep 20, 2011 4:15 am

Jo nodded, grinning. Wait until she got a load of his speech... and bingo! Cinderella raising his eyebrows just confirmed that the mechanic had done her research! There'd been a good reason this commission had taken this long. Jo was grateful Cindy had put up with sticking around and waiting for so long! But now that the mechanic knew how it was done, next time she made something similar would take less time.

She watched the two fence, noticing how Cinderella seemed to be losing. But as the woman herself said, she was probably rusty, and Jo hadn't noticed what difficulty she set the Count on. But she was darn proud of how the VI could interact with Cindy and answer her questions, and even make conversation! Jo clapped nevertheless before switching the machine off.

"These holograms are just VIs, so there's less of a risk of them going rogue like AIs -- those stand for virtual intelligence and artificial intelligence," she added, just in case the officer wasn't familiar with the terms. "There's still a small risk, but it's pretty minimal. And the holograms are restricted to a specific area, only around twenty feet in either direction, nothing below floor level, and around six to eight feet for jumps, depending on the hologram."

"My only suggestion would be to spend a maximum of two to three hours on training a day because of the energy it drains. Also, to not talk with them too much -- only because they'll probably make you homesick -- but that doesn't mean you can't be nice to them."
    Wasn't that always the case when seeing a loved one, even from a distance? Jo knew it could be hard, especially when the image you were seeing wasn't real. Cinderella was smart though; she probably already knew that. And the mechanic also knew it paid to be nice. She'd never dream of treating Proxy like a scrap of metal, and the robot was perfectly fine with Jo's warnings for she and Proxy had discussed them earlier amongst themselves.

The mechanic leaned against the table. "So, what do you think? Do you like it or do you think there's anything I need to change? As for maintenance, I'd say it only needs it once a month to make sure everything's in working order."

(( Okay, edited the previous post! ))
    [ADPT.] Cinderella
    Inactive Account

Inactive Account

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    200/200  (200/200)
    Stamina Bar:
    30/30  (30/30)

Post by [ADPT.] Cinderella on Tue Sep 20, 2011 2:20 pm

The foil was put away as Jo switched the machine off. She took mental notes of what Jo said, frowning a bit at VI. What was...ah. Alright. AI she had heard of quite often-it was a favorite of sci-fi writers and movie makers, it had seemed. "What would happen if they went rogue?"

Only training that many hours would be easy enough-her job and other training was just as important. Oh, and sleep. Not that she needed it like a Mundy did. the mention of becoming homesick made her snicker, but only because of the two hundred years she spent doing everything in her power not getting attached to people. "I don't think becoming homesick would be a problem, Jo. People like me don't honestly have a home to long for or a lot of friends to miss." She gave an almost sad smile, though she had accepted that fact many years ago.

Cinderella considered the hologarm for a moment, thinking before answering. "So far, everything seems to be good. If Edmond Dantes is any indication, the rest of the holograms should be spot on."
    Jo Pistonne
    Zettabyte

Zettabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Jo Pistonne on Tue Sep 27, 2011 4:37 am

Oh, right. Maybe she should have elaborated on that for the woman. But since she was only asking about the results of going rogue, that's what Jo would focus on. "They would acquire minds of their own, desire freedom, and possibly turn on you. That's the worst case scenario, but the chances are pretty slim and I'll be doing maintenance often to prevent such a thing from happening," she assured the officer.

And now the mechanic felt a little silly for even mentioning the possibility of Cinderella getting homesick. She also smiled at the compliment, positively beaming. "Then try not to overwork yourself in the exercise sequences!" she offered, laughing.

"Let's see... I'll have Proxy come over to your place to install it, and the total price is... 4,500 credits." Pretty hefty, but Jo had even included the discount in it. Holographic emitters sure were pricey! That was technology still under development, after all. At least where Jo came from.
    [ADPT.] Cinderella
    Inactive Account

Inactive Account

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    200/200  (200/200)
    Stamina Bar:
    30/30  (30/30)

Post by [ADPT.] Cinderella on Thu Sep 29, 2011 10:17 pm

Develop minds of their own? That was rather problematic sounding, though, Jo was quick to assure that it wouldn't happen on her watch. Cinderella wouldn't have any of that anyway. She'd find a way to stop them in the event it had happened. Somehow, she always found a way to take care of problems.

"Don't worry about that, Jo." She gave a small smile to the mechanic, even after being told the price. That wasn't too bad, though she'd have to ask... "Can I do payments?"

Hopefully, payments for Jo wasn't the same as it was the Frau. That woman made sure to mention that Cindy was in detb to her. And often.
    Jo Pistonne
    Zettabyte

Zettabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Jo Pistonne on Mon Oct 03, 2011 3:58 am

Good, at least she didn't mind the price. Jo remembered how much Barry's suit of armor had cost... teryllium was not cheap! But everything turned out smoothly in the end, and the armor had served him well. It wasn't unusual to use liberal amounts of teryllium. Just look at Star Command's ships! But Cinderella's was made out of a combination of more commonplace metals, that were sturdy and would serve her. It wasn't like the woman would be using the holographic emitter anywhere outside the house.

"Sure you can! I'll make a payment plan for you that you can pay off monthly. How's that sound? Just let me know what you can manage each month and I can set it up for you."

In the meantime, Proxy began to pack the holographic emitter into a sturdy case for easier transportation. He didn't know where Cinderella lived, but as long as either he or Jo stayed to keep an eye on the shop, it wouldn't be a problem to take a couple of hours to do this service for the woman.
    [ADPT.] Cinderella
    Inactive Account

Inactive Account

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    200/200  (200/200)
    Stamina Bar:
    30/30  (30/30)

Post by [ADPT.] Cinderella on Tue Oct 04, 2011 10:43 pm

Cinderella pursed her lips, tapping them as she did her cost sheet mentally. "How does five hundred a month sound? I can give you two months worth today," Despite what Re-l had thought, Cinderella did not spend horrendous amounts of money all the time. She was actually modest with her money.

She waited for a response from Jo, her face stoic. Though she didn't say it, that was more than she spent on anything...except rent. That was a bit more.
    Jo Pistonne
    Zettabyte

Zettabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Jo Pistonne on Wed Oct 05, 2011 5:58 pm

"Sounds good to me! Hang on, let's your payment plan up while Proxy readies the machine."

The mechanic led Cinderella back to the front room, where she inputted the officer's details into the system. Normally, with 500 a month she would manage to pay it all off in nine months, but since she could pay double that the first time around, the two could be merged and it would take seven more months including this month. From September 2011 to April 2012. Not a bad deal at all! Besides, payment plans were common in the mechanic's line of work.

With a few more clicks, she printed the document off for Cinderella and asked her to sign her name at the bottom. Then, she asked the officer to pay, then printed off a receipt for her, as well. By the time that had been taken care of, Proxy had emerged from the back room, standing at an impressive seven foot seven feet tall and carrying a box in his arms.

"Everything is right here. It shouldn't take too long for me to set it up for you, Cinderella-Officer," he said politely. He didn't snark all the time.
    [ADPT.] Cinderella
    Inactive Account

Inactive Account

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    200/200  (200/200)
    Stamina Bar:
    30/30  (30/30)

Post by [ADPT.] Cinderella on Wed Oct 05, 2011 11:10 pm

Great, this was working out better than Cinderella had planned! She wrote a check for Jo, signed her name on the line-a neat, obviously strictly taught signature (learned as a child, relearned as a princess. That lesson wasn't being forgotten) before placing the pen back in her purse. "Thank you, Jo."

She turned to look at Proxy, then Jo. "I will be seeing you later, Jo. Ready, Proxy? I hope you don't mind animals...the cat can be a bit snarky at times..." She walked out the door, holding it open for the robot.

[I guess he's following her home?]
    [INACT.] P|20XY
    Inactive Account

Inactive Account

Level : 1

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    10/10  (10/10)
    Health Bar:
    60/60  (60/60)
    Stamina Bar:
    10/10  (10/10)

Post by [INACT.] P|20XY on Wed Oct 12, 2011 3:45 pm

Hey, that sure was a fancy signature! Almost as fancy as Zurg's! It seemed to be a tradition for people above a certain age to write with such fancy letters -- er, not that Jo was implying that Cinderella was old! This... just didn't sound good no matter how you looked at it, did it?

"You're welcome, and let me know how the hologram emitter works out!"

With a nod in thanks towards the woman, Proxy stepped outside, carrying the large crate in his arms. Normally, he preferred walking on all fours, but walking on his hind legs without the support of his arms was not unpleasant. "I do love cats," he admitted. Queen Homo could attest to that. Proxy pampered her to no end.

And with that, the robot fell into step beside Cinderella as they made their way to her apartment. It was unlikely that the robot would be met with any difficulty installing it, but just in case, he had brought along an arsenal of Jo's tools.

It was best to be prepared for anything.

(( Yep, but we don't have to roleplay that. We can just imply that Proxy installed it for Cinderella with no problems whatsoever. I'm really sorry once again that it took soooo long for us to wrap up this plotline! I... really don't know how that happened. DX ))

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Dec 12, 2017 12:46 pm