Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

A proposition, hm?

Post by Pirate Lord Ridley on Sat Sep 10, 2011 4:54 pm

Time: 8:52pm
    Date: 10/09/11

It was late evening in the Outer District of Portal City. The sun was setting, and it cast it's fiery yellow light onto the streets of the Breach. Of course, in the Outer District it was fairly dark; the alleys there and close houses helped add to the feeling of darkness and melancholy that plagued the area all year round. There were figures hiding in the shadows; figures that were most likely up to no good, and any hero would not dare challenge them, for strength in numbers would be heavily present there. That was why it was the perfect place for a meeting between galactic-scale villains who did not want to be disturbed by the good guys.

A creature that strongly resembled a dragon stomped through the narrow streets, almost too big to even fit. Ridley, the Space Pirate Commander, moved swiftly through, immediately impaling anyone who dared to talk to him with his spear-like tail. Ridley turned left... headed through that alley... hold it. He grew tired of marching around everywhere, then with a few beats of his wings rose above the buildings and quickly flew forward. He could see the specified building just in front of him, although it was actually quite some distance away. He flew there within a minute, and landed on the ground with an incredibly loud crash. He ducked down low and managed to fit through the door despite his size.

Looking around the room, it was completely empty. The Emperor had not arrived yet and the only life in there aside from the Space Pirate himself was a spider web in the corner of the ceiling, crawling around in its web, indicative that the house had not been inhabited or looked after for years. Water droplets dripped down in one certain spot, meaning there was water in the attic of the place. "Aero had better be taking good care of those few Metroids. I barely saved them from that explosion. Curse those heroes, they took that way too far." He'd JUST managed to create that Omega, too. Broken out of his thoughts, Ridley heard something outside. Ah, it must be the Emperor. Good timing, after all Ridley himself had just arrived.

Lord Ridley: #804040
    Space Pirates: #408080
    Credit of breathtaking character sheet image to Kritken on DeviantART!
    Zurg
    Administrator

Administrator

Level : 60

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Re: A proposition, hm?

Post by Zurg on Sat Sep 10, 2011 7:57 pm

Correct for, what better world did two galactic villains meet where nosy eyes dared not to pry? The Outer District was too seedy, too gritty, for any basic hero-type to meander through. It was thick with strife and discord, too mired in its own suffering and agony. No, no hero-type or police would be out patrolling the streets at this late hour. Far too dangerous and filthy to get their goody-goody two shoes cleaned.

And he had been counting on that very reasoning.

"Ridley was just spotted entering an abandoned building, Your Evilness. Shall we pursue him?" Machines, yellow and black, marched around proudly through the atmosphere as a lowly grub quivered beneath a darkening shadow.

"Do Sentillian pseudopods have acid-triangulated foot pods?" A dual-toned voice snarked. "OF COURSE WE PURSUE HIM! GO AFTER HIM, YOU SNIVELING COWARD!"

The grub, for all its worth, flailed about beneath its datapad and hurried on along. Its little feet hobbled it closer towards the target in question and once it stood before the opened door, it gulped and shivered. "M-Mr. Ridley, Commander of t-the Space Pirates?" Ah, such a squeaky fear in its wet voice. It gulped again and felt extremely naked and exposed. Why did Grub-067 always have to do messenger duty? When nothing came out, the grub blew out a relieved breath of air and wiped its exoskeleton. Guess the target wasn't inside... but wasn't this grub about to have a pleasant surprise when it saw what Ridley looked like in person.

In unity, before the Nine, I softly speak in #669999.
    But, in One's animosity, I hold command in #99FF00.
    Pirate Lord Ridley

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Pirate Lord Ridley on Sat Sep 10, 2011 8:23 pm

Ridley waited for a second after hearing the noise. Then came a small voice. "M-Mr. Ridley, commander of t-the Space Pirates?" The Zebesian slowly moved towards the door. He reached it in a matter of seconds, quite quickly but not too fast. He stepped into view, looking down at the Grub. His face made it hard to tell his emotions, because due to the way his face was shaped, he always looked like a savage monster. The only thing that ever looked different was when he was particularly angry, and that was only his eyes getting more slit-like.

Staring down at the bug, Ridley stayed silent. He wasn't going to say anything, but this thing knew his name; it must have either heard of him or be sent by the Emperor. Plus, it looked terrified. "So Zurg uses creatures like this? It isn't very intimidating. Not a good way to scare targets, you'd want a sinister race for that, and this thing certainly does not fit that bill." Ridley then changed his mind. Actually, he would say something. "I trust you've been sent by the Emperor."

Ridley had left Aero aboard the other spaceship they had managed to save from the base whilst it was counting down to it's demise. He was currently in space, either looking after or getting killed by the Metroids and other Bio-Weapons Ridley had left him to look after. Not that it mattered either way, Aero was replaceable. Hopefully replaceable with a Pirate that actually knew how to fight rather than having to be held by the hand and walked through it all. All Aero could do in combat was use his jetpack and shield to avoid attacks and damage. Well, provided his jetpack took too much damage, he'd probably kamikaze the opponent, but as it had been said, he was replaceable.

Zurg
    Administrator

Administrator

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Zurg on Sat Sep 10, 2011 8:46 pm

Well, seems the grub thought too soon. Ridley came out from the darkness, teeth first, and immediately the tiny insectoid let out a shriek. Anymore fright and the blasted minion would have jumped clear out of its body suit. No, grubs were not intimidating, but they were competent and as such, fast workers. They were also quick to adapt and to alter their thinking, grubs possessing a limited range of noosphere capabilities. The only downside was... they were incredibly easy to scare and also a tad weak. That was why they traveled in numbers and hives. Despite all that, sometimes it was best to forgo muscle and snarls for brain and cleverness. The bulk of Zurg's robotic sources were plenty terrifying to pick up the slack -- they experienced no emotion or compassion, after all. The perfect killing machines, and literally.

"Y-Yes!" The grub squeaked again, finding enough confidence to talk underneath the safety of its datapad. Not like it would do any good, but the thought was all that mattered to it. "H-His Evilness expresses desire in m-meeting you, M-Mr. Ridley."

Fortunately the minion wouldn't be left hanging out alone with the fearsome Ridley, and the Evil Emperor himself soon appeared at last. "Very good, grub." Came the smug tone. "You found the Commander of the Space Pirates, Lord Ridley. Now beat it." At the growl the grub nodded at once, thankful to be spared the possibility of being a potential snack to something so imposing and heavily-fortified. The Evil Emperor was not afraid, however. Why should he be? He was the strongest person on this entire world. The right to be scared belonged to Ridley, not him.

"I'm glad you could show up at these coordinates at such a late hour." Zurg continued, signalling for his robot battalions to stand down. For now. "It wasn't easy finding your contact source since a couple of meddlesome heroes destroyed your base." You didn't think he wouldn't know about that, would you? Zurg was surprisingly resourceful. "A shame, really. They have no concept of boundaries and borders. In any event, I didn't come down here to talk with you about property rights. Shall we?" He gestured with an open palm to the abandoned house behind, and the Evil Emperor didn't wait for the Commander to lead. He led his own charge himself and the tyrant disappeared inside.

((Alright, now I must go, but I shall be back later tonight to post!))

Pirate Lord Ridley

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Pirate Lord Ridley on Sat Sep 10, 2011 9:31 pm

Well, the Grub still seemed petrified. It wasn't going to be easy to talk to this bug-like alien until he snapped out of it. "H-His evilness expresses desire in m-meeting you, M-Mr. Ridley." Well, at least it wasn't so scared that it couldn't speak at all. But it seemed Ridley would not have to talk to this bug any longer; the Evil Emperor himself stepped out of the shadows. "Very good, Grub. You found the Commander of the Space Pirates, Lord Ridley. Now beat it." Ridley picked up that the Emperor was indeed extremely evil from the way he talked alone; no neutral or good person would talk like that.

"I'm glad you could show up at these coordinates at such a late hour. It wasn't easy finding your contact source since a couple of meddlesome heroes destroyed your base." He signalled his battalion to stand down whilst saying this. Good, it wasn't as if he was going to need them. Ridley, arrogant as he was, was not going to pick a fight with the most powerful person here. That was just common sense, after all he highly doubted he could survive high-caliber lasers in his current form. Meta-Ridley? Perhaps. Omega Ridley? It would take a planet buster to penetrate THAT armor. But in his current form he was incredibly vunerable to attack.

Yes, it was indeed a shame that the base had been destroyed. Granted, Ridley had brought it on himself but he didn't really care. After all, so long as he saved one Metroid specimen at the very least, he could mass-clone them. The technology was easy to create for him, too. Ridley could build the things himself. In any event, I didn't come down here to talk with you about property rights. Shall we?" Ridley merely nodded at the Emperor. He was in truth a tad surprised that Zurg knew of his base, the heroes and the resulting explosion. As far as he'd known, only four people had been aware that that was a base. Him, Megamind, Shift and Aero. But he wasn't all that surprised. After all, Zurg didn't have the title 'Evil Emperor' for nothing, and knowing enough about others can lead to good things.

Ridley broke out of his chain of thought, and followed Zurg inside. It looked like this discussion was just going to be between the two of them, as Ridley had preferred. Well, provided Zurgs minions didn't listen in or Zurg wasn't wearing some recording device. But the dragon-like leader didn't think so. Besides, Zurg seemed to have absolute control over his minions; no bad thing.

((Okay, I'll see you later then Qorg! Have a good 'un!))

Zurg
    Administrator

Administrator

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Zurg on Sun Sep 11, 2011 4:20 am

Good, very good. Ridley was complying, and he wasn't so much as uttering a peep. Zurg liked the Commander already.

The first thing the Commander would notice inside this rag-tag abandon house was that it no longer looked abandoned -- in fact, what had been a vacant lot or room was now a sprawling center of data and technology, many of Zurg's robots fast at work at their various stations. This hadn't been there before, had it? Why had Ridley not heard of any machinery or noise? The Commander would not be given time to ask as the Evil Emperor suddenly turned around, the armour-clad despot having himself a seat while looking Ridley squarely in the eyes. No fear in this man. Not a trace.

"Let's get down to business." Zurg began, reaching out with a hand as another grub (this one different) came scurrying out to fill the metal hand with a folder. "Star Command is planning to wipe out the lingering space pirates floating around Portal Breach's system. I can't have that. My personal affairs, you understand." Was the Evil Emperor in cahoots with the pirates secretly? Whatever he was planning Zurg wasn't about to let loose the cat from its bag, and he instead opened the file to reveal several faces, twelve in total. "Jana Serini, Garrus Vakarian, Commander Shepard, Bloodscream, Red Spy, Dr. Mrs. the Monarch, Flash Man, Megamind, Samus Aran, MINERVA 4.0, Shift, and Rasa'Jeqkogomee; all participating as the so-called heroes." The Evil Emperor motioned for a Hornet to spread out the pictures upon a table for the Commander to see. "These twelve have been selected by Star Command to thwart my doings, and I want you, Commander Ridley, to stop them. With me so far?"

Whether the Commander spoke or not, Zurg was already moving along, the tyrant motioning again for several Hornets to work a particular station. "You won't go into this bare, however. If you agree, I will make sure you are well-compensated. Does this planet seem familiar to you?" With the clicking of several buttons the Hornets brought up a small world, hostile and volatile, and surely Ridley would recognize such a world. It was none other than Planet Zebes, and the Evil Emperor watched the Commander's reaction intently. "It has been brought to my attention that you are seeking a new base; your old world. In order to bring it here, however, you need power. I have that such power. Your forces are small, numbered. I am offering to not only grant you the power to bring in your world, but to also bolster your defenses and heighten your power so that you annihilate these heroes and stop them from ruining my plans." Zurg ended the sentence with a growl and crushed his hand into metal fist before settling back down and letting his eyes cool.

"So..." He purred. "Do we have a deal, Lord Ridley? I will only offer this once. If you don't fill the position I need, then I can always find another. The choice is yours."

((I came home later than I wanted, but posting to this was my top priority! HERE IT IS.))

Pirate Lord Ridley

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Pirate Lord Ridley on Sun Sep 11, 2011 7:01 am

As Ridley entered the house, he noticed that it was suddenly brimming with technology, as if the Emperor had owned it all along. This surprised Ridley a bit, he had never seen something happen so quickly. But he kept the fact that he was surprised to himself; he did not want to look foolish in front of the strongest resident here.

"Star Command is planning to wipe out the lingering space pirates floating around Portal Breach's system. I can't have that. My personal affairs, you understand." Zurg started. Ridley could understand this well; to have things that you use wiped out was not good, and reminded him of research station Hydra on Tallon IV. It also reminded him of the Phazon Giant made of rocks that he was going to use as a Bio-Weapon, Thardus. Aran had put an end to those mid-operation.

The next thing Zurg did was call over another bug to hand him a file. He started reading names. "Jana Serini," Ridley recognized Jana, the cyborg that usually went into chat. "Garrus Vakarian, Commander Shepard, Bloodscream, Red Spy, Dr. Mrs. the Monarch," He didn't recognize any of these, nor did he care about them. "Flash Man," That usually cheerful robot from the Sanctuary. "Megamind," Megamind still saw Ridley as a 'friend' even after his kidnapping. Ridley didn't see anyone as a friend. What were friends good for? The only people that he wouldn't act menacing towards were his allies, that of which were completely different than friends. "Samus Aran," Ridleys eyes got a tiny bit angrier when he heard that. So, the Bounty Hunter clad in metal still was not dead. Hah, she wasn't clad in metal anymore. Zurg carried on. "MINERVA 4.0," Another name he hadn't heard before. "Shift," Now Shift seemed to have a bone to pick with Ridley. Not that he cared, he would probably finish it and her soon enough. "And Rasa'Jeqkogomee; all participating as the so-called heroes." Ridley didn't know or care for this one either. Zurg went on. "These twelve have been selected by Star Command to thwart my doings, and I want you, Commander Ridley, to stop them. With me so far?" Ridley hadn't got a clue who Star Command were, but he guessed they were his universe's Galactic Federation. "Yes, I am with you so far."

"You won't go into this bare, however. If you agree, I will make sure you are well-compensated. Does this planet seem familiar to you?" With a few clicking noises, a picture arrived on the screen. A very familiar planet. Planet Zebes. Ridley could not control his surprise here; the Emperor truly was a resourceful person. To know what Planet they had used as a base before arrival at the Breach must have taken hard work, considering Ridley had only mentioned it once or twice. "It has been brought to my attention that you are seeking a new base; your old world. In order to bring it here, however, you need power. I have that such power. Your forces are small, numbered. I am offering to not only grant you the power to bring in your world, but to also bolster your defenses and heighten your power so that you annihilate these heroes and stop them from ruining my plans." Oh, Ridley really did like the Evil Emperor. What he had promised was more than enough to obliterate those pesky heroes, he was sure of it.

"So..." He purred. "Do we have a deal, Lord Ridley? I will only offer this once. If you don't fill the position I need, then I can always find another. The choice is yours."

"I will admit my surprise to both the fact that you know so much about us Pirates, and the fact that Aran is still in the land of the living. But to get to the point, I do accept your proposal. I shall destroy those heroes, and I thoroughly look forward to doing so. We have a deal, Emperor." A short line of speech it was, but more than enough for Ridley to accept.

Zurg
    Administrator

Administrator

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Zurg on Sun Sep 11, 2011 3:26 pm

Not so much as an objection or a sign of hesitation at the faces. Veeeery good. Ridley would prove to be a merciless killing machine.

The second Ridley spoke of his acceptance Zurg snapped his fingers and things went underway immediately. Hornets quickly packed up their work stations, the house becoming bare once more, and the Evil Emperor stood up to give the Commander a rigid eye. "Excellent. I didn't think you would refuse at such an tantalizing proposition. Now for some minor details." The devil was always in them, as those Earthen said.

"The weaponry and aid will be shipped out to your new base once it has been established. Already as we speak I am sending one of my most powerful generators to your lackey, Aero. Bumbling fellow." Hopefully the Space Pirate didn't let anything touch it, including whatever those blob-things were. Zurg knew many things, but certainly not everything. "You may take it to a suitable space field for your planet to inhabit. I trust you already know how to do the calculations in stabilizing a suitable orbit." That the extent of what the Evil Emperor had to say, he gestured to the door. "You are free to go, Commander. Your armies awaits, and the best things..." Zurg smiled, and you could already tell he was up to no good at all. "The heroes won't even know what hit them."

They won't even know it, indeed...

((Okay, you can choose to end it here or ask anything else. If you choose to end it, go ahead and make a thread in space detailing how you obtained Planet Zebes! Once you finish that I'll make it a reality on the forum.))

Current date/time is Sat Nov 18, 2017 7:21 am