Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Re: By the Lake

Post by Zurg on Sat Sep 10, 2011 5:13 am

Lake monster, really? Zurg just gave her a look before hissing in pain at her meddling. "Ow, don't touch it! It's still tender!" A big baby to the end, but this big baby wasn't about to let Jo mollycoddle him. He swatted her hand away and stood up tall, the man's feet reaching the silty bottom with relative ease. No way was he swimming out where his feet couldn't touch the ground below. He was going to break this rule in about a few seconds. "And the Chrono-Disruptor?" Why would he bring something so powerful to something so... well, relaxed? Zurg shook his head and backpedaled just a bit, rather buoyant for his size. "I just pulled a fast one while you weren't looking. I can move quickly went I want to." Like whenever he was in the water, for instance.

If Jo thought the Evil Emperor was flexible on land, then she just had to see him maneuver within the water as if he owned it. With a seamless back-flip he disappeared underneath the surface and was gone, a subtle ripple all that remained of his presence. There wasn't any motion or sign of him for quite some time before he miraculously appeared right next to Jo's side, the water sliding off the alien's skin like glass beads. "Can't say I have a spare one of these, but I did bring lots of towels for you. Figured he temperature would be too cold for you." Not everyone was designed for the water, alas, and Jo lacked a thick layer of blubbery skin.

With a shake similar to a dog, Zurg spread whatever water remained onto Jo and he snorted out spent air. "It gets pretty deep ten feet ahead, so be careful." He warned. "The bottom is also slippery and there are some uneven spots. I hope to think there aren't any sinkholes, but watch your step. There's also schools of fish, but they're further out. I couldn't sense anything else." Like gators, snakes, and predators that would think of Jo as a tasty snack. Wasn't he useful in something he had no affinity for?

"I wonder if I can find some rare treasures in this lake..." Considering he could stand the pressure change and hold up to two hours of air, Zurg would make for the perfect diver. Too bad Jo couldn't do the same.

In unity, before the Nine, I softly speak in #669999.
    But, in One's animosity, I hold command in #99FF00.
    Jo Pistonne
    Zettabyte

Zettabyte

Level : 60

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Jo Pistonne on Sat Sep 10, 2011 5:52 am

What a big baby, not staying still to let her have a look and assess the damage. A man, through and through. And quick, was he? Just how quick was he? It would be proven when he back-flipped into the water without so much as a ripple. The mechanic was left standing there, in the cold, wondering where the cosmos Zurg went. Just as she was about to start swimming to get warm and hopefully ward off her goosebumps, Zurg sprung up beside her again.

"Oh, thanks!" She'd only brought one towel. That had been a mistake in retrospect. But she cried out, laughing, when Zurg scattered water everywhere. "Alright, Fido! Thanks for the heads up. I'll stay in the shallows."

And with that, she was off, doing the simplest of swimming maneuvers. She didn't even know what to call it, but she supposed it was similar to a breastroke. Proxy had pointed out some swimming styles on their cruise, but she'd forgotten most of the names already. The lake was still chilly, and Jo was determined not to dip her head beneath the water for the ultimate brain freeze. Looking around, she couldn't even see the lake's other side, it was that big. No wonder a community had sprouted by Cordelia's shores. And if there were schools of fish, it must be a fishing community. Zurg would probably love to eat dinner at Lochlann later.

Jo's hair dangled around her shoulders in the water, and she paused in swimming for a moment to untie her hair. That was much better. She leaned back into the water, dipping the back of her head into the water, letting her hair fan out. It was probably a bad idea to mix her sweaty hair with cold water, but they were in it now, and it wasn't so bad anymore now that she was getting used to the temperature. She straightened, wrung out her hair, then proceeded to swim some more, looking down at the clear depths and the colorful rocks below.

Yes, she was perfectly alright with staying in the shallows so far. Wonder what Zurg was up to with that so-called treasure-hunting of his...

(( Okay, this is it! Lights out for me. See you tomorrow and good night! ))
    Zurg
    Administrator

Administrator

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Zurg on Sat Sep 10, 2011 7:01 am

Did she just refer to him as if he were some dog? "Woof. Woof." That had to be the most bland attempt at a bark in the history of dogdom, and Zurg splashed Jo with a quick flick of his hand. "No problem, master. Please, throw a ball so that I may fetch it with wild abandon." If she seriously threw something like a twig, for example, he was going to stick that sucker right into her boot and watch her bark at him. No one compared him a slobbering, mangy mutt! What kind of a name was Fido, anyway?

Anyway... Jo made the wise decision in that she would remain in the shallow waters, and he wouldn't have to worry about her drowning. For real, this time. That would just be a nightmare, and he wasn't mentally ready for another nightmare quite like that just yet. "I'll be back soon, Jo. Don't worry. I'm just going to scout around and see what there is in this lake. Maybe I'll find the legendary lake beast that roams these parts." Oooo, how spooky~! He made a related sound effect and wiggled his fingers before walking away through the water and towards the darkening areas. "It's a legend, you know! In one of the brochures, if I recall. You should read it. I'll be back shortly." And just like that he was off. First his body, then his chest, next his head, and finally... his horns swallowed up and effaced from the surface world. No splash, no struggle; just gone.

There was something eerie when a person just walked into the water, slowly diminishing in height like that. Something quite eerie indeed.

Nothing would come of that bad feeling, though, and Jo didn't have to worry. Why, she was already enjoying herself and trying out a few forms. Now, as for Zurg? He had finished his walk to the point where his body was starting to drift upwards and the alien kicked his legs and paddled with his hands to bring his body parallel (or near parallel) with the bottom floor. My, this lake went on for nearly forever... He could see a good ways out beyond, but his sight wasn't what proved useful. It was his hearing, and for once the alien could make full use of the sense without any pain. With his hearing alone he could tell what was around him. There was Jo, splashing around behind and muddling up an awkward breast stroke; she stuck out to his senses like a flailing sea lion to a shark. Up ahead, and perhaps to the.... west, he could make out the dull drone of machinery -- boat motors, most likely. Fishing vessels probably as he had seen the shimmering of scales when he surveyed the underwater area first. Beyond that? Not too much. This was a very still lake, and it slightly made him nervous.

But, nervous or not, he still went forward and swam into the blue miasma. Unlike a human he met little resistance, his body meant for this kind of habitat. In a way, it made him feel lonely and melancholy. While it was true what he said that the waters of his world were beyond dangerous, he hadn't been entirely truthful as to why he avoided large bodies such as oceans and lakes. It made him homesick, pure and simple, and it brought back memories. That was the purpose of him coming out here today -- to overcome that feeling and to have a little peace of mind. And to enjoy time with Jo, of course.

So, on he swam, Zurg having moments of stillness to simply float and cruise in the calm, serene waters. The light from above rippled over everything, his body included, and he held out his hands a few times to admire the reflection. Vastly different from home, where the waters were so thick you couldn't see a feet ahead of you. Each minute that passed he grew more confident, going deeper and further. His body didn't wear out nearly as fast, so why not? He had found a few schools of fish, the creatures wiggling away whenever he came too close, and he briefly spent some time in a gentle kelp forest. It was green, as opposed to brown, and he figured to hang around within it and simply... float about. Some more wildlife here and there, and he could almost fall asleep. Of course, even he needed air to live and it was time to move on. Jo was missing so much simply because of her weak, puny physiology!

There came a time however, that even while he was enjoying himself, he reached a sudden dead-end. At the far bottom of the lake there was a section where even the light dared not to go. It was black, almost pitch-black in comparison, and Zurg carefully lowered himself to a jutting rock fixated at the edge of the ragged chasm. More kelp, but... fewer animals around. There were also bones -- many bones. Never a good sign and Zurg wisely choose to simply look over the edge, the alien letting out a few air bubbles.

It was really dark down there...

The first thing that came to mind were the awful memories he had thought about from earlier. The memories of monsters and horrifying lurkers of the deep. Could one really be here? He'd rather not find out, but... Being someone who brought things upon himself, he scooped up a few rocks and dropped them over the edge, eyes watching them fall intently in slow motion. They fell, and fell, and fell into the abyss until finally... they could be seen no more. There was no sound of the bottom, no change around him... They were just eaten whole, never to be seen again.

That nervous feeling came back and for the first time during this entire swim, Zurg realized just how... silent it was. No sound, just the motion of the water all around. Even the world was alien and opaque, Zurg almost forgetting that he was deep within the lake and not a thick haze. He should be getting back. It was already long enough down here and Jo was probably wondering where he was by now. Yes, time to go.

With another kick of his legs the alien made the return trip back to the surface near the shore, and decided to leave this place behind. It was not for him, no matter how much it reminded him of home. Back to the world above where he belonged and always belonged.

In a minute he was gone, the chasm once again left alone as it always had. Nothing changed, nothing stirred. Nothing had been disturbed instead for a slight rise of bubbles from the fissure below. Suddenly something was spit up, three small things that fluttered gently back down to the lake's true bottom. They were small, roundish, and if one didn't know any better... they looked surprisingly familiar. They shared the appearance of their cousins all around, and they were none other than the very thing Zurg had dropped moments ago.

Rocks, and something had put them back in their place from the silent deep below.

More bubbles rose upwards from the darkness and all was deathly still.

------

By the time he returned the sun had dipped just a little, but not by much. When he reached the surface once more he spotted Jo, being the loud sea lion that she had been before, and he doggie-paddled on over. "Sorry I'm late, Jo. I forgot how time seems to distort underwater." Guess he got a little too caught up with his exploration, but it had been refreshing. His feet were soon able to touch the bottom and he slowly trudged through the greedy water until it was at his waist. "It's pretty deep down there. There's a section of the lake that's absolutely black and even I couldn't see more than ten yards down. But other than that, I didn't find any unnatural treasure. Just the scenery and how peaceful it was. What did you do while I was away, Jo?"

Maybe she discovered that the minerals in the water would make her hair coarse and grainy?

((AND a long post because I couldn't go to bed. But now, I go. Good night.))

Jo Pistonne
    Zettabyte

Zettabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Jo Pistonne on Sat Sep 10, 2011 3:48 pm

Oh, so he didn't like being compared to a dog? Jo suddenly had a wicked idea, but it would have to wait after he returned from his swim. Blasted man was just too fast and silent in the water for her to mess with him. The mechanic was almost envious of his sleek physique. Knowing that he could hold his breath for ages, she bet he was exploring all corners of the lake now. Odd, though, when he was afraid of large bodies of water. Maybe he was only afraid of them when they were unexplored? That made sense. But him joking about the lake creature only made her laugh. "They only do that to bring in tourists! But be careful you don't bring along a new friend when you come back, okay?" There, that ought to spook him a bit, and if it didn't he was made out of tougher stuff. Tougher, muscular stuff. Blasted eye candy tease.

Jo puttered around by the shore, experimenting with various swimming techniques, always staying close to the shallows. She did venture a little deeper, but only up to where the water reached her shoulders. Although she'd gone to the beach several times during her cruise, she wasn't going to get out of her comfort zone unless she had someone nearby to make sure she didn't drown. So she swam around here and there, occasionally dipping her face into the water and screwing her eyes as she tried to see the bottom, collecting little stones and pebbles along the way that either glinted oddly in the sunlight or looked colorful.

The sun overhead was beginning to bake her back, so she would take turns swimming on her back and breast-stroking, liking the way the water sounded when half of her face was submerged. It sounded peaceful, quiet. Almost a little too quiet, the only sounds she could hear being the brief lapping of water around her limbs. Zurg would find her in one such position when he reached her side, simply floating and occasionally swimming closer to shore as the current would make her drift.

"Big Z." Jo smiled and righted herself, her long hair feeling weighed down by the water, but she quickly wrung it out. "I think I almost fell asleep waiting for you there." She didn't have a watch on her to keep track of the time, but it had been a while. She hadn't worried, though. She'd felt pleasantly drowsy and only slightly concerned, but he was here now, so there was no need to mention it. But the dark part of the lake was intriguing. "Really? How deep was it? Or was it too dark to venture into?"

And what she did? Well, nothing as exciting as what Zurg did, surely. The mechanic blushed a bit. "Oh, you know, just swam around, collected rocks, stuff like that. Oh!" She suddenly dipped into the water, emerging quickly with a rock, which she tossed somewhere behind Zurg. "Be a good boy, Fido, and fetch that, would you?" She suddenly burst out laughing, clutching her stomach. "Okay, not really, but I just had to after your unenthusiastic woofs. But then again, you'd make a much better cat in my opinion!" And she did the darnest thing to prove it. She drifted a little closer and hugged him around the waist, yes, in an attempt to rub his tummy and make him purr. How devious.
    Zurg
    Administrator

Administrator

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Zurg on Sat Sep 10, 2011 4:08 pm

Oh, that's all they needed. To bring back a rather toothy, fish-eating friend. Not going to happen!

"I'm real sorry about that, Jo. Didn't mean to make you wait for too lo -- eh?" Zurg paused as he watched something toss out of her hands and plunk bright behind him, the alien half-way turned around. Was... was that a rock that she was telling him to go fetch? Oh, it was on now. Zurg snorted and shifted his gaze back down at her with narrowed eyes before stepping out a little deeper and gliding his hands within the water. He'll show her how to fetch, alright. His arms moved right to left, left to right, the alien looking strange stooped over and shifting from side to side. What was he doing? Shouldn't be too long now... Aha!

He felt the familiar slippery feeling snake between his expecting fingers and with far superior reflexes to that of Jo's, Zurg snapped up and around, tossing a very wiggly, spastic thing her way.

It was a fish!

"Think fast, Jo! That's your dinner!" Haha, Jo! Tell him to go fetch, will you? Well, he went fetching alright, and look! He was such a great boy he caught her food! Through his snickering he answered her questions and watched Jo flail about hopelessly. "I'm afraid it's too deep for you, and it's very dark. I wouldn't go down there without a decent submarine or something formidable. But, I could take you down there if you'd like. I packed a re-breather since you can't hold your breath for very long. Probably the farthest I can take you is the original lake bottom. Trust me, Jo. Those little rocks you like are all over the place down there."

That's if Jo wasn't a chicken.

Jo Pistonne
    Zettabyte

Zettabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Jo Pistonne on Sat Sep 10, 2011 4:37 pm

What the cosmos was he even doing...? It looked like he was doing a really, really weird water dance. Jo was almost half-tempted to ask him whether it was a mating dance to poke some fun at him until he dipped into the water and grabbed something, tossing it at her. The mechanic's eyes widened for a split second when she saw it was a pretty big fish, and she shrieked and jumped back in reflex. The fish, flailing about, managed to smack her in the chest and slap its tail in her face a few times before jumping back into the water again and swimming away. Jo was left spluttering and causing quite a splash commotion before she finally righted herself, red in the face.

"That was mean, you nimrod!" She gave his arm a light whack which he probably didn't even feel and sunk into the water so only her eyes were showing, steaming. But she did perk up at his suggestion. She stood up again, glancing towards the center of the lake. "You could really take me down there?" How did the re-breather work? Could it last long? Jo really hoped she could get to see some things. That'd be so much cooler than swimming at a beach!
    Zurg
    Administrator

Administrator

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Zurg on Sat Sep 10, 2011 4:44 pm

"Ahahaha -- ow!" Despite the punch to his arm Zurg was still cackling, and he rubbed the wound site with a dramatic wailing giggle. "Mean to the fish, yes, and me! I call domestic abuse." Now, if that had been one of Jo's wrenches then yes, he would be screaming bloody murder. But since it was her fist, he only came on over to the steaming Jo and gave her a reassuring hug. "Aww, did that mean, ol' fish scare you, Jo?" He teased, stroking the top of her wet head. "I guess you're just going to have to stay on land, you big earth baby." Evolution, do you speak it?

He gave her a light peck on the head before heading for land and walking upon the shore. Ugh, sand in the toes. That's why he hated getting wet. Sand in the toes! It didn't take too long for him to rummage through his pack, and he pulled one re-breather for Jo and a pair of goggles for her in case she couldn't see too well down there. "Here you are, Jo." Zurg effortlessly swam back out to her and he handed her the gear. "The re-breather will last for about a good 45-minutes, so that should be plenty of time for us to reach the bottom and come back. I would normally charge for my underwater services, but for you, my dear, it's free."

Hey, who said being related to whales wasn't cool?

Jo Pistonne
    Zettabyte

Zettabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Jo Pistonne on Sat Sep 10, 2011 5:02 pm

She pouted a bit more for good measure, but accepted the hug as a proper apology. Oh, how easily he could perk her up with a hug. Not that she'd been really mad -- she'd been more surprised that he even managed to catch a fish to hurl at her. "The mean old man who threw the fish better not do it again," she warned, prodding his chest. "And that's Tradeworld baby, Big Z. I don't even know how Earth looks like!"

But she smiled happily at his peck and glided along, waiting for him to return with the re-breather. And although she'd been expecting a tank, all he came back with was a mouthpiece. What a wonder, to be able to fit 45 minutes' worth of air into such a tiny thing! "Oh, Big Z, you shouldn't have! I can live without a little fun and adventure, you know." She could, yes, but did she want to? They both knew the answer to that and she thanked him fervently for being so thoughtful before placing the piece in her mouth, testing it. Once Jo was satisfied she could breathe, she slapped the goggles on with a sharp snap and turned back to him.

"They'd better be free if you want any free services from me in the future!" As for what free services she would provide, she would leave that up to his imagination. Of course, it might require a dirtier imagination, but she could help him out in that department if he was desperate~

"Ready, Skipper!" She gave him a quick salute and grinned. "Teach me the song of your people! ...Or however that expression goes." People in the sanctuary sometimes said the oddest things.

(( Work time, so catch you later! ))
    Zurg
    Administrator

Administrator

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

~

Post by Zurg on Sun Sep 11, 2011 4:35 am

Free services, huh? Oh, the grin on Zurg's face was priceless. "Like doing the dishes, taking out the garbage, and even vacuuming the front room, right? I could really use those free services, you know." Yes, he was going to get shot. You thought he would say something else, didn't you, Jo~? "And don't mention it, really! What fun is there if you're just stuck in the shallow waters? There's an entire world down there, and you'd be missing it because you're physically inferior to me. Hardly any fun, is there?" Okay, evolutionary jabbing aside, Zurg double-checked Jo's gear just to be sure and once she passed his tests the mechanic was ready to go.

And... the song of his people? Zurg ended up giving her another look, this one a sideways squint, and he sunk into the water to drift out further. What, was she expecting him to sing Under da Sea, or something? Wrong Disney canon! Zurg wasn't a singing villain!

"Okay, here's a few things." He flipped over to face her, legs and arms pedaling at a slow rate. "I'm going to start slow, dragging you out before we descend. I'm also going to steadily swim lower and lower, but nothing too fast. If at any point in time you panic, let me know by tugging my hand three times. I'll bring you up to the surface and you can regroup from there, alright?" That disclaimer out of the way, Zurg took Jo's hand with a firm hold and started to head out. Soon she would no longer be able to rely on the sandy bottom for support but she didn't have to worry. Zurg was a strong swimmer and an even stronger escort. Nothing would happen to her on his watch.

It didn't take long to reach a suitable distance from the shore and when the waves weren't lapping up against their bodies, Zurg paused into a standstill. "Okay, Jo. To work the re-breather just breathe as you normally do in slow, controlled breaths. Ready? Here we go." And they were off, the alien diving into the water and pulling Jo down with him. At first he kept a straight path down, but in about three seconds of fighting the resistance he ended the dive into a plateau and kept the pace steady. From there he swam ten meters at a causal rate and allowed Jo to look around before diving down again, the motion only to end in another plateau. The pattern would be repeated until they reached the bottom, but until then what did Jo think of the scenery so far?

The lake was far bigger down here than it looked like up there, wasn't it!?

Jo Pistonne
    Zettabyte

Zettabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Jo Pistonne on Sun Sep 11, 2011 4:56 am

Oh, well. What was Jo expecting? A sudden epiphany in the dirty jokes sector? "Sure, all those really fun chores will come free once the house is liveable and we have our first dinner there." Which were so not fun at all, but that was at least something to look forwards to. Really, the only thing that was missing now was more furniture! Which reminded her that she had to call Lawrence to ask him to come furniture-shopping with her and Zurg.

"Being human sure isn't fun, let me tell you! Okay, show me your underwater world, Big Z. This girl's ready for some action!" She snickered at the look he shot her, but followed him out into deeper waters. She was a little nervous, but she held on to his hand as he led her deeper and deeper, until they had reached a point where she could no longer step on the bottom. Oh, boy. She wasn't an experienced swimmer, but she felt safe. Zurg wouldn't let anything bad happen. This wasn't any different from exploring the Karnosian exhibit at the zoo, right? Right, right...

She nodded, testing the rebreather a few times before they descended.

There was an immediate difference in the water. It was colder, certainly, but it was also suddenly quiet. All Jo could hear was the echo of water and her breath, which came out deep and controlled. Bubbles shot up to the surface, their sound filling her ears as she gripped Zurg's hand. He held the pace for a bit before descending again, and the deeper they went, the more Jo saw. With each lull in their dives, Jo could see just how big the lake was; there were small schools of fish, seaweed -- or probably kelp, or some other type of flora -- and the way the sunlight shimmered from high up above cast everything into a deep blue shade. Jo was glad for the goggles, because she knew she'd be squinting and missing out on everything without them, and wondered how her body managed to even stay submerged like this when her feet kept trying to point upwards. It was probably because Zurg was holding her, and his body was made for such depths. And speaking of depths, Jo made a sound when they finally reached the bottom and they could see the sandy expanse of the lake's floor, littered with small rocks and the occasional shell or two. She let her hands drift through some type of flora and grinned, more bubbles billowing forth. She gave a thumbs up to Zurg to show that things were good so far, and wondered what else she'd be seeing.

There would be deep space to pay for the amount of water gathering in her ears, but it was a small price to pay for this underwater wonder.
    Zurg
    Administrator

Administrator

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Zurg on Sun Sep 11, 2011 5:05 am

Oh, she was enjoying her underwater tour so far! Zurg saw the thumbs up A-OK, and he returned with one of his own before continuing to skirt over the lake floor. They wouldn't be going as far as he had went earlier, the chasm fresh in his mind, so he took a different route. This time he stayed where it was brighter, the sun's rays illuminating just enough for Jo to be comfortable, and with Zurg's range of hearing? Water was a vastly superior medium for sound -- he would know if something was up.

But nothing was out of place, so Jo was in for a real treat. There were many fish down here, some strange and exotic, and the bottom of the lake bed was littered with beautiful rocks and shells. If she wanted any all she had to do was tug on his hand once and point down. He would understand well enough. For now, however, he kept the pace at a leisurely stroll. Up ahead lay a rusty, discoloured anchor from a ship long ago and Zurg pointed to it several times to let Jo know that he was heading for it. When he reached it he helped the mechanic get situated upon the slimy metal and he took a small break, letting his limbs rest from the tingling sensation he felt.

All that swimming took its toll, you know. In the meantime Jo could admire the scenery and they could continue again shortly.

Jo Pistonne
    Zettabyte

Zettabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Jo Pistonne on Sun Sep 11, 2011 5:19 am

The pressure down here wasn't bad. It wasn't pleasant, but it wasn't bad either. Jo's fingers and toes tingled, but she was too amazed at what she was seeing to care. There were so many fish down here! She didn't even know most names for fish, but some were big, small, some traveled in schools, some were on their own or just with a few of their kind, and they were all of different sizes and shapes too! Jo had no idea there was so much diversity. She reached out to touch one, a flat, greenish-looking fish, which darted away from her touch.

And the rocks! She wasn't a big fan of rocks, but some looked absolutely beautiful, with rings and speckled spots, and the shells down here weren't broken like the ones she found in the shallows. She gave his hand a small tug, pointing at the sandy floor, and they descended a little closer. She grabbed a white shell with a faint blush of pink and showed it to him with a smile. She grabbed one more with her last remaining fingers, one that was almost blueish-purple, before she squeezed his hand again to let him know she was done.

They rose a little, him tugging her and pointing at a rusty anchor, and she nodded in understanding. In a few moments, they were there, and he released her as she gripped the rusty, moss-covered ring, her feet and toes clamped around the edge to keep from floating up. Once he had rested enough, she showed him the two shells; the pinkish one was small and pudgy-looking, almost like a clamshell, and the other was a spiral shell, taller, thin on one end and large on the other. Oh, you know what she was thinking. But don't worry. This time it wasn't dirty.

She didn't care much for the pressure on her chest, but she continued to breathe steadily. Her hair was loose and floated around everywhere, probably making her look like she was wearing a funny hat or a flower on her head. She gave him another thumbs up to show that she was ready whenever he was, and wondered whether he would be taking them deeper or whether they would be making a break for the surface now. Her fingers were all pruny now!
    Zurg
    Administrator

Administrator

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Zurg on Sun Sep 11, 2011 5:34 am

Oh, boy... Either he was getting out of shape or he was just tired. For some reason Zurg felt like yawning and taking a fat nap, the alien stretching while Jo did her thing. All this water and he was starting to get thirsty. They should be heading back up soon as he could tell the sun was starting to dip downwards. Something about how the light was starting to darken down here.

Feeling slightly rejuvenated, he turned around to gesture at Jo that it was time to continue when she held up her recent find back at the lake bed behind. Shells? One looked like a petite clam shell and the other looped into a spiral. Now, it didn't take a genius to puzzle this one out (the colour was a dead giveaway), and Zurg made a face. Not a sarcastic face, but a how-come-I'm-the-spiral-shell face. He wanted to be a cowrie, or something smooth! Oh, or maybe a moon snail. But those were Jo's shells (so long as there were no laws regarding taking things from the lake), so he couldn't complain about what she chose. Maybe she saw him as a spiral shell? Who knows? She was definitely that pudgy, flat clam shell, though.

Once Jo put her finds away he took her hand again and went off; this time to the side and slightly altering his original trajectory. Zurg decided it was time to head back to land, but he was going to take a different route so it didn't seem boring or redundant. This particular path had them swimming through a kelp forest, and once they cleared it they would only rise up from there.

Hopefully Jo had a good time despite not being able to appreciate it as he did.

Jo Pistonne
    Zettabyte

Zettabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Jo Pistonne on Sun Sep 11, 2011 5:47 am

Jo couldn't tell what time it was down here, but she could see that the sunlight was a little different. And she could also see through the hazy goggles that Zurg was less than amused at her choice for a spiral shell. She indicated the fat part at the top and the skinny at the bottom in a comparison to his physique; skinny waist, broad shoulders. She nearly giggled, her mouth opening a tad, but she quickly shut it before she could swallow any water.

She nodded and took his hand when it was time, and they were off swimming through a patch of kelp. It was very colorful, full of varying shades of brown and green, and she let her fingers and toes run through it. She did jerk her hand back in surprise when a particularly large fish sprouted forth from a patch she had her hand in, but it quickly swam away without doing anything. Jo sheepishly loosened her grip on Zurg's hand and continued on with him, the pressure on her chest lessening with each short rise they took. Soon, they were leaving the kelp and the sandy bottom behind, as well as all the fish -- and was that a crab? Oh how cute!

Slowly, cautiously, they rose out of the water, taking the ten meter break each time, before they finally made it to the surface. Jo gasped and removed the re-breather, glad for the fresh air that caressed her cheeks. She shoved the goggles past her forehead, blinking and looking around. They were nowhere hear their original location, but they were close to shore. The mechanic took a few more greedy breaths before glancing at Zurg, grinning.

"That was amazing," she said, voice a little hoarse. "It's so gorgeous down there! I'm almost jealous that you get to see it whenever you want."
    Zurg
    Administrator

Administrator

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Zurg on Sun Sep 11, 2011 5:59 am

Fish, crabs, snails, eels; Jo was getting a real treat seeing all of these creatures in their natural habitats. No tour could ever beat this experience, and for the price? Out of this world. By the time they finally reached the area of the lake where Jo could stand without aid, Zurg let out the breath of air he had been holding in and sighed. Finally, land. Finally, he could take that nap he wanted. Sleeping in the water was just... not something he wanted to do, if at all. "Well, I'm glad you liked it, Jo. First time I actually swam in a lake and didn't get eaten, if you can believe that." Swimming wasn't one of his habits, sadly. Squandered talent some would say, but Zurg just wasn't into the water all that much.

Now upon land, Zurg ignored the uncomfortable feeling of sand between his toes and he shook his arms and legs like a cat coming into contact with anything wet. The only bad thing about swimming was that you had to dry off and adapt once again to the world above. He also gave his limbs a good rotation in their sockets and joints since he was beginning to feel stiff and sore. All that swimming was starting to catch up with him. "I'd say it's a fair trade." He told her, starting to make way for their things. They weren't too far away, as he could see them off in the distance. All they had to do was walk along the lake's edge and retrieve them. "You get to eat sugar and enjoy superior taste, and I get to swim all I want and have the best skin colour around. Yes, a fair trade. Did you have fun?"

Whew! Yes, he was starting to feel sore right about now!

((Last post for me, Jo. See you later.))

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Feb 17, 2018 6:02 pm