Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Re: By the Lake

Post by Zurg on Sun Oct 09, 2011 7:05 pm

Well, of course Jo was in no danger. None at all. This was just a casual discussion between two people who cared for one another very much. As far as Zurg's cultural premises were concerned, they were on equal playing ground and neither of them was more superior than the other in this conversation. That didn't extend to other things, however. It was good to hear that Jo thought about other things, though, and he felt a little silly thinking she otherwise didn't -- ethnocentrism, you know. Zurg thought he understood humans but Jo proved, time and time again, that he really didn't. At least not on a very personal level.

Everything she thought about was more or less what he thought about; not quite in that order with that amount of intensity, but he did. Work was dominantly in the lead, followed by maintaining order and control, power still in his hands, and sometimes... home. But not the galaxy that Jo was referring to. He actually thought about home consistently these days... Jo thinking about him wasn't surprising, but yet he still didn't know how to react to that. Was there even supposed to be a reaction, even? If there was one thing he learned or re-discovered, it was that Jo had a lot to be happy for and he was, if only a little, jealous. Why couldn't he be happy sometimes, and not going through the motions?

"What about an impractical reason?"

If Jo had thought the immediate area had gotten colder, then she was right. He had gotten colder. For a human, when they became embarrassed or anxious they warmed up and started to sweat. But to a X'rghthu, however, they became cold and crossed their index fingers one over the other. Zurg had done so with his, and kept his eyes downwards to stare past the tabletop.

""What's the first thing you think about, the one thing that's always on your mind?"

Oho! Guess no one expected the Jo Inquisition, either! Very good, but not quite for Zurg, here. Seemed Jo was getting used to his frustrating rhetoric these days, and she caught him red-handed. Let's start with the first interrogation question. To begin, he rationalized that their entire relationship was impractical. He was an intergalactic conqueror, and she was just a humble mechanic. He was evil and a mass-murderer, she was relatively good in spirit and definitely not a mass-murderer. The parallels were quite stratified. Still, did that stop them both for being with each other? No, not really, and he couldn't for the love of him figure out why. By any practical means this wasn't supposed to happen, but it had. So then, was love impractical by nature? Did that make them both impractical by nature? Jo's internal monologues were nothing compared to his, and Zurg kept quiet for an awfully long time.

Back to her last question, would she get an answer? Well, let's see...

It was slow at first, but he finally found the courage and strength to reply. Wow, Jo was a mean inquistioner. If she weren't so good, she would have made for a fine torturer. "I don't know... Maybe... Yes." Not quite a strong tone of voice, he sounded rather quiet, but at least he was responding. This was very uncomfortable for him. "I do feel lonely at times, very lonely, but... I've learned to live with it, and I don't bother others about it. They have their own problems and I have mine. I don't say much, but I do think about things. Everything, too." How could he explain? Basic was such a crude language. The truth was, he did have urges. Despite him saying otherwise, he really did. It was all mind over matter for him, though. Unlike Jo, the level of self-condition Zurg was forced to endure was enormous. Naturally someone who was kept impartial and detached from everyday, granted feelings would leave him awkward once he was removed from that oppressive system. It wasn't so much sexual as it was physical -- and the two were not the same thing, at least to X'rghthu.

Physically, Zurg didn't like being detached from those he identified with or cared about. Ironically, that was what he did most of the time. Sexually, he was, well, even afraid of the word. In a way, this led to his next answer regarding Jo's second question. "Unity." That was probably a strange answer for a human, so he clarified. "We... don't do well alone. We are a very close society. To have all nine of our bonds severed... it is unthinkable." Still, what did this mean? Jo probably didn't understand right away. "I miss home. I miss them. I miss the language and the culture. I miss feeling a part of something, even if it meant being a tool. And I miss you, Jo. I miss a lot of things." Hmph, he sounded so weak just then. Expressing himself in such a way that it left him vulnerable. He hated sounding or appearing weak.

Such was what the outsider thinking told him, and the alien went back to being silent. Maybe he had spoken too much.

In unity, before the Nine, I softly speak in #669999.
    But, in One's animosity, I hold command in #99FF00.
    Jo Pistonne
    Zettabyte

Zettabyte

Level : 60

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Jo Pistonne on Mon Oct 10, 2011 2:11 pm

Jo had always considered them to be on even footing. Maybe they weren't equal in every conversation, when one of them knew more about a certain subject than the other, but the mechanic had never thought she was superior to Zurg, or vice versa. He probably was when you brought his Evil Emperor status into the equation, but his "power" and "rank" barely featured in Jo's mind. She didn't consider them that important whenever they were one-on-one. But she tried to tone things down when they were around other people; he had an image to maintain, after all.

When Jo thought about home, different places would sometimes pop into her head. She'd think of the home she had on Tradeworld; she'd think of her parents, and the friends and people she left behind. And sometimes she'd think of her home here, and of Proxy, Lawrence, Kev, and all her friends. And yes, she did think about Zurg. Why wouldn't she? Didn't he think of her? That was a silly question. And when the mechanic thought that she had been the one feeling cold, with her arm pressed against Zurg's, she realized that it was his body temperature that had lowered instead.

And it was true! There was nothing practical about their relationship. Different species, different lifespans, different cultures, different everything. And yet somehow, by some way that not even Jo could explain, it worked. She sometimes wondered how and why, but after a while she had decided to not question it. Did it really matter? Wasn't them being together despite all the odds what mattered more? That wasn't to say that there were no problems, though. They saw things differently more often than not. But then again, was that really a bad thing? It provided them with some variety and a chance for them to experience how the other lived life.

Despite the long silence, Zurg did finally answer. When he did his words were slow, measured. Jo could tell he was way out of his element just by his voice patterns alone. "You're lonely, but you don't do well alone." That was what she gathered from what he said. That, and his lingering desire to belong somewhere.

She laid one of her hands upon his on the table, twining her fingers through his, then looked up at him. "But are you lonely right now?" she asked quietly. "Are you alone?"
    Zurg
    Administrator

Administrator

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Zurg on Mon Oct 10, 2011 3:01 pm

Oh, he was so messed up, wasn't he? Zurg fully realized this and absolutely hated knowing he had issues. He shouldn't have issues. He was the Evil Emperor Zurg, he was wasn't supposed to have issues. He had to be perfect and egotistical in order to maintain this inflated sense of self-confidence, and if he began to believe that he had deep-rooted issues... No.

If there was any water left in the nearby vicinity and within Zurg's gaze, it steadily began to evaporate. Random diners paused in their conversation to look down at their shrinking beverages, none having a clue as to why such a strange phenomenon was happening. Not even the waiters knew, and when they tried to refill the glasses their hands would be burned! Ouch, these glasses were ridiculously hot! Jo would know, however, because she was close enough to see the alien's glaring eyes. That had always been a caveat for Zurg; he could never quite keep his eyes from flaring up whenever something deeply bothered him. And this time, he didn't feel like meditating, either. In fact, he was starting to feel very destructive.

His glare moved away from water and began to fixate on the metal utensils in eyesight, forks and spoons turning into hissing globs while knives melted down into liquid puddles. If he so pleased, he could burn this entire village to the ground. No one would stop him, no one. Look at all these people, enjoying their lives and eating their meals as if nothing ever went wrong. He hated it. He hated them. He hated everyone. He wanted to be alone, safe. These people... these fake people... with nothing wrong in their lives.

He didn't have issues. The Evil Emperor Zurg didn't have issues. They had issues. All of them. All of them had issues, not him. They were so disgusting, repulsive. Look at them, eating! Look at them, these thoughtless sheep of society!

...And then he felt something rest itself upon his hand. Slowly his crushing grip lessened and the table could stop groaning. What had happened? Why was he angry again? Zurg didn't know the reason, not like he ever did anymore, and he realized that Jo was talking to him. Was he lonely? "..." How was he supposed to answer? This pressure was something he wasn't used to. It reminded him of when his... "...My father... asked the same question. And even after all these decades since, I... can't really answer." Stop telling her these things! You don't have issues! The Evil Emperor Zurg doesn't have issues!

If... he said yes, then would Jo be offended? She was right here, at his side, practically always there to help him back up. She didn't have to do that. It must have been so taxing. He was such an ungrateful, heavy burden to her. He had to have been. But... if he said no, would she be happier even though it was a lie?

Despite all this internal turmoil going on, Zurg's face was still blank. He knew how to hide it, at least. But he couldn't fool those close to him, like Jo and Lawrence. He needed to figure out how to keep fooling them. "I don't know, Jo. I don't know anymore." It was the best he could do, refusing to say yes for fear of insulting Jo and refusing to say no for fear of lying to her.

It'll have to do.

Jo Pistonne
    Zettabyte

Zettabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Jo Pistonne on Mon Oct 10, 2011 4:23 pm

What caught Jo's attention first was the hissing sound of evaporating water. She looked at her drink and she could see the level of water going down, slowly but surely. And it wasn't just happening at their table. All across the restaurant, water was inexplicably evaporating. Some people noticed and began to look around as if they could pinpoint the source. Somehow, Jo had the funny feeling that she knew what the source was without even looking at it.

The mechanic risked a glance at Zurg. He was staring straight ahead, his hands clenched and his eyes glowing, and now the cutlery was starting to melt. Uh oh. His eyes only really glowed when he was angry, or when he wanted to attack someone. Maybe it was both in this case. Why was he angry all of a sudden? Was he angry at her? At himself?

He calmed down after she made physical contact with him. That was a good sign, at least. She didn't break away she squeezed his hand and ran her thumb along his knuckles, instead. She hoped he didn't find her hands rough and calloused, but that was besides the point here. Jo hadn't expected him to mention his father, and she'd expected even less for her to have said something similar to him.

"I think we should have met when we were younger," she suddenly said, chuckling. "Maybe then you wouldn't feel so lonely now." Don't think you'd fooled her, Big Z. She could tell by now when Zurg was being dishonest with her, and right now he was torn between telling the truth and lying. Claiming to not know when he did know the answer wouldn't be protecting her. He was hurting himself more by not being honest. Not being honest to himself, which was the important thing here.

"I think... you do know the answer, but you don't want to tell me. That's okay, but admitting how you feel helps you accept your feelings. As long as you can tell yourself that, it's alright if you don't tell me." Jo had the feeling that Zurg always felt lonely, even when they spent time together. She'd suspected it for a long time now. Why else would he lapse into these moods he couldn't seem to control? She would give him all the time he needed, and all the support he didn't have to ask for. Some might see it as futile and selfless, others selfish and a subtle nudge at forcing him to change. Jo saw it as neither, but kept her thoughts to herself.

She gave his hand another reassuring squeeze and grinned. "Are you still hungry for dessert? I think I noticed an apple crumble in the menu!" maybe a change of subject would help steer the conversation back to easier topics. Even if she never did get a proper answer to her question!
    Zurg
    Administrator

Administrator

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Zurg on Mon Oct 10, 2011 5:04 pm

Oh, Jo... You were just too good...

"Please forgive me." As fast as the onset of his anger had began, it quickly subsided. The drinks no longer sizzled and eating utensils shortly cooled. At their table Zurg only became increasingly self-conscious, the alien not bothering to pick up his eyes off the table. "I should have done better than that. It was inexcusable." He did have issues, that much was clear. There was no point listening to the derisive voice in the back of his head. Here he was, yet again, about to ruin another otherwise happy outing with Jo. Didn't he have more self-control than this? It was pathetic. He should be thinking about Jo, not wanting to satisfy his cravings.

And Jo was correct, or at least partially. Accepting one's feelings was the first step, but Zurg wanted so badly to tell others how he felt. The only problem was... he didn't really know how, and when he did it felt so wrong. To admit that he, someone of his mighty standing, had issues with even the most simplest of communication was a detrimental blow to his ego. It made him question if he was ever functional like a normal person, or if he was normal in the first place. Ah, but he was being selfish again and digging into himself to hide. He could at least recognize this coping tactic by now thanks to Portal Breach and the people within it.

That does it. He couldn't keep... being like this. He was becoming a drag to those around him and himself! Why, this was almost laughable. Mr. Big-Bad, feeling not so big and bad anymore. He daresay thought he was sounding like Sonia, who would come in a future thread later. "You're right, I do feel lonely. All the time." By now he picked his head up and tried to face the music, holding Jo's hand a little tighter because he did need that extra bit of support. "But... it's not a physical loneliness. I have you, and... Lawrence, and... Red... people here. That's not where I'm lonely." Now that he thought about it, others must have felt this kind of loneliness too, didn't they? "I'm just... prematurely severed from the others. And now that I stop to think, that must be how every other unique alien on Portal Breach feels. I guess we're all alone no matter how we look at it." Going through these motions continuously must have been increasingly annoying to those who were following him. He didn't blame anyone who rolled their eyes and walked away. This was all kinds of trite dramatics.

"Maybe... even though I keep thinking and saying I want to change, most of all for you, I just can't... seem to. It's harder than I thought admittedly." But even though this was all very hard to swallow, particularly in a restaurant with smiling faces and happy demeanours, he was doing it. It hurt, craters, but... Zurg didn't want to think about this anymore. That was enough for today, and Jo was probably already thinking he needed further cuddling. Well, not that he would object to more cuddles, but for better reasons!

He heard something about dessert and snorted playfully. "Hmph, always thinking with your stomach. If only life were that simple." An apple crumble? That probably has sugar. Not wanting to spoil Jo's fun, though, he nodded. "You can order whatever you want. I won't be able to eat it most likely, but I can lick your plate for the crumbs." Like that awkward deer in Bambi that cleaned dinnerware with its tongue, right?

Jo Pistonne
    Zettabyte

Zettabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Jo Pistonne on Mon Oct 10, 2011 6:25 pm

Jo snorted at his apology and waved her hand. "Forget it! It's not like you left me stranded in the rain." The worst break-up scene in all romance movies, ladies and gents, which would hopefully never happen to either of them. And Zurg wasn't ruining their outing -- he just couldn't help how he felt. It would be petty of Jo to demand anything else from him. No, the two of them just being here together was good enough for her. Cheer up, emo kid!

The mechanic was bad at explaining things too sometimes. Actually, a lot of times. So if Zurg ever wanted to speak up, even if he wasn't expressing himself right, Jo would give him all the time he needed. She could even help him decipher what it was he wanted to say! It was a recipe for disaster, but they might even get a few good laughs out of it. Laughing at serious issues? Why yes, Jo could do that. She never meant ill, though, and if she got Zurg to laugh along too, why the more the merrier!

She listened and covered their joined hands with hers, giving him all the time he needed to explain himself. But he was brief and to the point, and Jo nodded. She understood that his loneliness was being virtually the only one of his kind here, but he was also right in admitting that all aliens here felt equally cut off and alone, despite having friends around to care for them. Cosmos, it held true for those in their own galaxy too. Whenever you were alone without others you could relate to nearby, you'd always feel cut off and apart from them. Jo had felt a similar distance, but as Zurg had said, humans were everywhere. She was never far from her kind, but through lack of interaction with them, she still kind of was. Not as much as others, but somewhat.

"It's okay, Big Z." She rubbed his arm, feeling the musculature underneath, then looked up at him with a reassuring smile. "You want to change. That's a good first step. No one said it would be easy. Just focus on it at your own pace. And you'll always have me to pick you up if you trip along the way~!" she added with a small wink, giggling. But yes, that made two of them. This was immense progress, but it was enough for one night. And personally, Jo was ready to wrap this baby up like a present for the Holiday!

"There's gotta be something in this menu you can eat too!" Zurg not eating dessert? Preposterous! Jo would see to it that she found something with no sugar in it that could still be considered a desert.

She grabbed the menu and began to leaf through it until she reached the desserts page. The she set the book down and flattened out the pages, then leaned forwards to read the writing. "What do you think about butterscotch cookies? It says they nmade them for diabetics, which means they use dates as a substitute for sugar! Imagine that, huh?" She pushed the menu over to him. "Do you see anything else that tickles your fancy?"
    Zurg
    Administrator

Administrator

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Zurg on Mon Oct 10, 2011 6:38 pm

Okay, I have to admit, Zurg was starting to feel a little happier. Despite all those layers of blah and otherwise immature aspects of himself, he was trying his hardest to deconstruct and reconstruct himself. If not for him, then for Jo. She was worth it. And Lawrence, too. And Proxy. And Red. And, and, and...

Jo's optimism countered his pessimism just beautifully, and finally the stubborn thing let up. A small smile, sincere and somewhat shy, crept up onto his face and Zurg stopped relying on his defense mechanisms to cope with the outside world. For the moment, at least. For the moment. "Thank you, Jo. I don't know what I'd do without you, and the countless others who put up with my fatalistic antics. I'm sure I would just grab myself by the horns and toss myself into a lake to cool off." If no one else found that funny, he did. He always found serious humour hilarious. Now, dessert! If Jo didn't get dessert then she was going to eye him as the sugary pastry! As much as she wanted to suck out the filling from a cannoli, his cannoli was not listed for sale. Oho, what a naughty thought. Who said he wasn't allowed to be dirty-minded?

He put on his reading glasses and placed a gentle hand upon Jo's back, rubbing it as he perused the list. Dates... Did he ever have dates before? He couldn't remember, but since he was trying new things today (obviously), then he supposed it wasn't so bad. Right? "If you think it's fine, then go ahead and get it. I'll try it once with you." Zurg wasn't a big sweets person, so he didn't know what was good and what wasn't. Hopefully Jo knew better than he did.

What was butterscotch?

Jo Pistonne
    Zettabyte

Zettabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Jo Pistonne on Mon Oct 10, 2011 7:47 pm

Hooray for progress! Now that Zurg was feeling more upbeat, Jo herself was feeling more cheerful too. She giggled at his sheepishness and kissed his nose dotingly. "If we tossed you into the lake we'd have a whale of a time fishing you out! And yes, I did just make a pun on purpose~" But hey, they both found the joke funny. Which either meant they had weird humor or that they found the same things funny. In either case, it worked out for them both. And don't count your cannoli before it's sucked! Oh cosmos, that was a bad pun.

Jo made a happy little noise when he rubbed her back and she cozied up to him, checking what else the menu had. It had a lot of sugary and fattening goodies, but nothing that Zurg could really eat. Wait, could he eat butterscotch? But he agreed to try these cookies as long as she ordered them, and with a grin and another smile, she put the menu away and freely wrapped an arm around his waist. If it bothered him, he could always tell her to ease up on the personal space.

The mechanic spotted the waiter at that point and waved him over, asking him to bring them some butterscotch cookies as he began to clear the plates away -- but, naturally, he was stumped when he saw the melted cutlery. Oops!

"The, uh... remaining summer heat hit us in a tidal wave?" Jo suggested with the brightest, most innocent grin she could muster.
    Zurg
    Administrator

Administrator

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Zurg on Mon Oct 10, 2011 8:18 pm

Ahaha~! Jo's kisses were always so ticklish! Wait, did she just -- "Oh, you're so speciest. Referring to me as a whale." But he chuckled with her and felt lighter, if only slightly. It felt good, to be this way. It felt a lot more holistic than evil ever could, or the reasons he sank into his irresponsible bouts of depression and anger. Better leave the naughty puns to me, Jo! And, oh! What a cute sound she made! Maybe if he pressed her in all the right places she would make other sounds, too.

Okay, maybe better not leave the puns to me.

Of course after all their talks and time together Zurg didn't mind Jo getting physical with him. In fact, he was coming to like her hugging him and squeezing him like a great big, purple cat. Sometimes, even, he would miss a hug or two from her when he was out far away, back on Planet Z. Craters, even with Lawrence Zurg was starting to grow soft and cuddly. Well, so long as they both respected him and knew his rank, then he really didn't mind. He watched Jo flag down a waiter, content and placated, and soon remembered the melted utensils. Uh-oh. "I, ah, blame it on the holes in this planet's ozone. Cosmic rays are a real pain, I hear!" That'll sell the story, alright.

Whether or not that got them both off the hook Zurg tried not to wince while the waiter was around. When they left he snickered and removed his glasses. "I'll leave some monetary compensation so they can afford new utensils." Hey, at least he wasn't ungrateful. The food was good and the service was to his liking. He could chip in a little, and he was in a better mood. "Anyway..." He brought his attention back to the mechanic and held her a little tighter, briefly massaging her side with his fingers. "This was a wonderful idea, Jo. I had a great time today with you, as always, and I hope you feel the same. Thank you for considering me."

See, he had manners. He was royalty, after all.

Jo Pistonne
    Zettabyte

Zettabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Jo Pistonne on Mon Oct 10, 2011 8:36 pm

Or maybe she just liked them big. That wasn't being a speciest, nosiree! And ohoho! Talking dirty was contagious, wasn't it, Big Z? You'll get the hang of it sooner or later, but if you want in on a secret -- let's save that for some other time. Enough dirty talk is enough for one night!

Jo nuzzled Zurg happily, and yes, she did often picture him as this huge, fluffy purple cat. It made her want to rub his tummy again just to see if he would purr, but then she remembered the waiter and decided against it. Judging by his look he wasn't too pleased at their explanations for the cutlery, but he removed them along with the rest of the dishes and soon left to bring them their dessert. Jo hoped he'd bring along some milk too... cookies just weren't cookies without milk! Although Big Z and his dairy issue would say otherwise...

"That'll be a good idea. Wouldn't want them to think we make it a habit of ruining cutlery whenever we go out." Hey, it was a first. A legitimate mistake. Don't anyone start on Big Z's case for it or else Jo would send them packing home.

Jo settled down in his arms happily, completely placated and liking the way his fingers lazily stroked her side. Oh, she could definitely get used to this. She let her fingers drift along his robe's cuffs, playing around with them. "Oh so formal, Big Z!" she teased, grinning. "But I'm really glad you're enjoying yourself. We should go out again sometime. Maybe in a couple of weeks again? I've got a few ideas about fun things we could do!" But wait, what of Zurg? "Is there anything you'd like to do?" she wondered, curious.
    Zurg
    Administrator

Administrator

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Zurg on Tue Oct 11, 2011 1:36 am

Yeah, like geoduck big, right? Talking dirty sure was contagious, and there are minors that read this! No more for tonight, nope.

Considering Zurg liked to lounge about in bathtubs and bask in the sun while snoozing upon a comfy couch, his common ancestor should have been felines and not cetaceans. Oh, where did Mother Nature go wrong? The alien didn't eat cookies regularly, nor did he continue to drink lactose from another animal's teat, so this was pretty much out of his norm. And he still didn't know what butterscotch was. Wait, weren't cookies crunchy and hard to chew? Looked like he was going to have to make them soggy with his saliva... At least he still had some water -- oh, no wait.

"Well, I am very formal person, Jo." Thank you, societal brainwashing, amirite? He perked up at the prospect of going out again, and he thought for a moment. What did he like to do? Or, what did he want to do? "Hmm... I think I'd like to... Wow, I don't know." Think, Zurg, think. Surely he had something. "I'd actually... like to take it easy and do things around your house." Not overly exciting, but it was very relaxing. At least for him. And for those of you who had bleeding nostrils, he meant finishing the garden, painting, fixing the furniture and those innocent things. Then again and now that he thought about, wasn't the whole point of going out to be away from a house or job?

He thought again and this time tapped a tooth. "I'll have to think some more, but what ideas did you have, Jo?" She might have something fun they both could do.

Jo Pistonne
    Zettabyte

Zettabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Jo Pistonne on Tue Oct 11, 2011 11:26 am

Yeah, that was enough with the dirty talk. Jo had settled into this routine fairly comfortably by now, and she twiddled Zurg's fingers while they waited for the cookies. He had such long, perfect fingers. There was not a scratch on them, and they were so clean! It made Jo feel sheepish about the state of her own hands. And she bet it didn't end there for her. But it was then she remembered that Zurg didn't really chew like everyone else did, and she wondered whether she should have asked the waiter for more water, or maybe even some other drink for him like cider.

"Until you get mad and the entire restaurant quakes at your fury, that is," she added. But him wanting to do something simple, like hang out at her house, was a good start. See, you had some good ideas, Big Z! Jo didn't know what they could do besides watch a movie on the couch together, but surely they'd think of something when the time came.

She, on the other hand, had been thinking of treating him out to something different and fun, something that would snag his interest and that he'd really enjoy with some luck. The mechanic grinned at his question and shook a finger. "Nah-uh, Big Z! That's a secret~!" She tapped his nose, giggling. "You'll just have to wait and see what I've got in store for you~!" And before you start, no, it was not something dirty, Kev.

The waiter soon arrived with a platter of butterscotch cookies, leaving them another pitcher of water. Jo looked at them curiously, never having eaten butterscotch cookies with dates before either. What were dates anyway? Hopefully they'd be tasty!

"Okay, let's see what these cookies are all about." Grabbing one, she took a tentative bite out of it. "Hmmmmmm." She chewed slowly, then swallowed. She flipped the cookie in her hand. "It's not amazing, but it's not bad. Wanna try one?"

(( Weird! I thought I posted this before bed, but it must have gotten eaten when my Internet went flaky! So here it is again! ))
    Zurg
    Administrator

Administrator

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Zurg on Tue Oct 11, 2011 2:46 pm

He did have long, sensitive fingers, didn't he? People may not know it, but his sense of touch alone was stronger than his sight; that went triple for his sense of taste. Didn't you ever wonder why he wore his gauntlets and protective cover everywhere? Don't get him started on his feet, which were to be bound in plate at all times. But despite that, Jo didn't have to worry if her hands were uncomfortable or revolting. So they were calloused and rough; that was part of her character. Maybe he didn't like it all too much when she gave him a massage, but he could learn to cope with it. Not everyone could have the hands of a god, you know.

And a movie on the couch was good enough for him! He didn't really watch movies, so seeing a film was something out of his usual routine. Zurg also liked sitting outside and watching the world go by. It was... relaxing. The alien had this strange penchant for staring off into nothing and remaining idle for hours on end. Like a gargoyle, a very spooky one on the front porch.

"Aww, come on. That's not fair!" Zurg was never above whining when it suited him. Look, Jo was even taunting him with a top on the non-existent nose! "You can't tell me that you have ideas and then say you won't tell me them. That's misleading and cruel." Big baby. He had rights! Well, if she wasn't going to tell him a wink, then he could always recount the numerous interrogation techniques he knew by heart. Ah, such fond memories... His particularly favourite exercise was peeling back a prisoner's eyelids so they couldn't blink. Deliciously maddening, no~?

Jo was thankfully spared from such a fate as the waiter came by with the cookies, and he watched the mechanic taste-test the first one curiously. You can tell that his kind didn't really understand the concept of cookies. "Just so-so?" She was probably being a tough critique. If Zurg could eat dessert and have the taste of a human, he would give everything an amazing. Anyway, let's see what's so so-so about these little pellets...

Watching him try to eat a cookie must have been a treat, because at first Zurg tried to crunch down. Lacking the obvious teeth for crunching, he didn't get very far and he huffed. A mere cookie will not defeat him! Trying again, he placed it upon his broad tongue and stuck it back in, grinding the poor cookie until it was a fine, wet clump of butterscotch powder. This took him several moments, the effort rather loud, but finally he was able to swallow and Zurg just stared ahead blankly.

"You are so ungrateful, Jo. Give me these cookies." Oho, looks like we have a winner!

((It's fine, Jo. I was a little late because I had to see the dentist... UUUUUUUUUUGH.))

Jo Pistonne
    Zettabyte

Zettabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Jo Pistonne on Tue Oct 11, 2011 3:47 pm

No, not everyone did have the hands of a god like Zurg, but Jo took comfort in being able to enjoy them whenever she could. She was due for a massage one of these days... but that was best left for some other time, for even Jo found a massage in a restaurant far too public for her tastes. Her sense of touch was nowhere near as strong as his, but she was good with her hands. She did everything with her hands. Maybe that was why they looked too overworked from time to time.

Oh, sitting on the porch outside would be a wonderful way to spend time together. But that was best reserved for warmer weather unless they could cuddle under dozens of blankets together with a mug of hot cocoa. Mmmm, now that would be nice, as long as it wasn't on a windy day. What kind of view did the mechanic have from her front porch anyway? She'd never stopped to check, always arriving late at night or leaving in a hurry for work. One of these days, she would have to check.

"Au contraire! That's maintaining the element of surprise! Trust me, you'll love it." And it would happen much sooner than he thought, so it wasn't like he would have to wait long to find out just what Jo had in store for him. He really was a big baby sometimes. But he was her big baby, the one who purred whenever she rubbed his tummy.

Absentmindedly, she did just that, still nibbling on the cookie with a small frown. "I don't know if I like dates. This is the first time I've tried them." Oh, but look at Zurg trying to eat that cookie! After a few moments of silence, he proclaimed his desire for them and snatched the platter right out from under Jo's nose. This made the mechanic laugh and she reclined in his arms, finishing off the one cookie. "Watch it there, champ. It's all gonna go straight to your thighs!" Just imagining Zurg with big hips made her snicker.

(( That's okay! But wow, I haven't been to a dentist in a loooooong time! ))
    Zurg
    Administrator

Administrator

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Zurg on Tue Oct 11, 2011 4:16 pm

If Jo ever had the time, she really should try watching the world go by. You didn't appreciate things if all you did was work and sleep! Then again, all Zurg ever did was work, didn't he...

"Fine, fine. I'll take your word for it." Not like he had a choice otherwise. Sure, he could torture Jo for the information but it wasn't worth it. In fact, she would probably turn the tables and torture him. If Jo said she had something special in mind, then she... did, he guessed. But knowing Jo, would it be something he liked? She had the most peculiar tastes at times... Ohoho!

Zurg gurgled and purred just a little, toes curling inwardly. Auuughghg, belly rubs. Now he could see why Prixlezub enjoyed his stomach pampered. "I thought the dates were what sold the entire thing~!" Leave it to the mechanic who swore by fast food to not like something even remotely healthy. Of course, he wasn't entirely rude and he placed the plate back down. Hey, a moment on the lips meant a lifetime on the hips. Eating all these cookies weren't worth it, but he had a retort for Jo coming. "You forget, Jo, my dear." Oh, how smug he sounded as he popped another cookie into his mouth. "Since I have a layer of blubber, as you say, my lipids are distributed among my body proportionally. My hips don't get much bigger than this~!" Be jealous, Jo, be jealous.

Ahh... what a relaxing day... With Jo in his arms he could just take a nap and lounge about as is, not a care in the world. Sadly, he still didn't trust the village of Lochlann entirely, but he did find a wordless charm about it. He didn't know. Zurg wasn't big on tourism. Oh, and speaking of tourism...

While Jo was busy enjoying herself, he slyly pulled out his card and placed it at the edge of the table for the waiter to pick up. Oho, watch. Jo was going to find his clever scheme out and then they'd bicker about who gets to pay what.

A classic.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Feb 22, 2018 2:02 am