Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Wandering Without a Purpose

Post by Lawrence on Sat Sep 03, 2011 10:35 pm

Time: 5:00 PM
    Date: 9/3/2011

It had been roughly a day since the incident in the Sanctuary, and while Lawrence wasn't having any major issues per se, he still didn't feel quite like himself. He managed to get some recharge in after returning to Factory Zeta, though he was sure Jackle had been very amused by his dreams. After waking later that morning, he spent most of the day out on the firing range getting some practice in. For the record, no, he was not imagining the targets as a certain foolish horned alien. However, that grew tiring after a while, and there was something about the Factory lately that was starting to make the butler uncomfortable. Perhaps it was knowing the ever watchful SIR would always have an eye on him. In any case, venting while someone was watching him had never sat well.

So, on this day, Lawrence left the Factory, and was wandering the streets of Portal City somewhat aimlessly. He didn't know why he was there, really, no reason other than wanting to be somewhere other than the Wastelands. Unfortunately, even as he indulged in the wanderlust that had overtaken him, he still thought on what Zurg said. Truth? Oh, the butler knew what his truth was. He was just a service bot who only wanted a master or a family that loved and appreciated him, but when he never got it, accepted power as a substitute and lashed out at all who dared attempt getting close. On the rare occasions he did let someone in, they would still have to contend with his scathing sarcasm and utterly jaded view on life. Not many normal people could handle it, at least not for very long.

Yes, that was Lawrence's truth, and he probably could admit it on command if forced, but at the moment he didn't wish to think about it. He also didn't wish to think about Zurg's downright fatalistic way of looking at things. That had been a shock, given the Evil Emperor understood why the butler ended up going to such lengths to survive. If he understood that, then why did Zurg see his own survival as weakness?

Lawrence shook his head a bit, as if trying to clear those thoughts from his mind. No, thinking about that would not help him at all, and he focused once again on exploring Portal City.
    Livewire
    Terabyte

Terabyte

Level : 60

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Re: Wandering Without a Purpose

Post by Livewire on Fri Sep 09, 2011 5:25 pm

Around this time a human-sized Livewire was walking down the sidewalk on one of the streets of Portal City, enjoying her time outside. Contrary to popular belief (or what her RPer thought was popular belief), the young femme wasn't the type to go wandering everywhere. Sure, she had gotten an "adventurous twitch" after she met Casshern and went looking for more stuff to show him, but after she got hit by a car on one of her escapades she had kept the wandering to a minimum. Getting hit by cars wasn't fun, even when one could be considered a car themselves. So many dents and broken wires to be healed by her spark shard, and it always took a few hours before she could move properly again. Not long compared to normal healing times, but for such a young soul, a few hours felt like YEARS. So, despite her MUST KNOW EVERYTHING NOW attitude, wandering around freely like this had become a rare occurrence.

As she wandered, humming some tune that she had heard Overcast hum before, the Cybertronian spotted a familiar shape. Was that... the squinted before remembering that she could in fact "zoom in" on said shape with her optics. It was! Lawrence!

"Hey! Lawrence!" Livewire ran over to him, waving happily. What a chance to see him out here! She only ever saw him in the Sanctuary, and even then it wasn't too often. Smiling brightly, the femme walked up beside the robot and hugged him tightly. "Hi! What're you doin' out here?"
    Lawrence

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Lawrence on Mon Sep 12, 2011 9:58 pm

Well now, that certainly kicked Lawrence out of any lingering depression he may have had. While oftentimes he had a very hard time dealing with children, and sometimes even Livewire here could grate on his 'nerves', at the moment the young Cybertronian was a welcome sight. The butler smiled faintly and returned the hug, glad for the physical contact. "Greetings, Livewire. I'm not sure I've ever seen you outside the Sanctuary before."

Lawrence let go of her, briefly glancing around before facing the femme again. "As for why I'm out here, I suppose it's for a similar reason you are. I was tired of the Factory and I realized I've never had a good chance to explore the city, so here I am. Portal City is reminiscent of a few of the cities in my home galaxy, though it lacks the extensive skyways a city like Metropolis had. Where I come from, most vehicles like the one you transform into can fly or at least hover."

The butler glanced up into the empty skies for a moment, where in Metropolis or Meridian City there would be a steady stream of cars flying overhead. He wasn't sure if he missed it or not, but he didn't want to dwell on it too much due to Livewire's presence. No, right now Lawrence braced himself for the barrage of questions the little femme would probably ask about Solana now that he'd spoken a bit about it.
    Livewire
    Terabyte

Terabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Livewire on Tue Sep 13, 2011 7:38 am

The young femme grinned widely at the returned hug and nuzzled Lawrence happily before letting him go as well. "I come out of the Sanctuary all a' the time!" Livewire listened, noting how Lawrence seemed to glance around before sharing information with her, but she didn’t see this as too important. As soon as his home galaxy was mentioned, the Cybertronian’s optics lit up in kindled curiosity. Yes, she knew that she asked a lot of questions sometimes, but she just liked talking to people and then learning so much from them! What better way was there to learn about something than to ask someone who knows about it? That was her view, anyway.

“What’s a skyway? Is it kinda like a road or somethin’?” At his next sentence, the femme’s expression broke into one of wonder. “Cars can fly there? How? Do they have wings an’ engines like Starscream? Can they go really fast?” At the moment, Livewire’s questions centered around the flying/hovering cars and the skyways, simply because ever since Starscream had flown her out of some danger in the Sanctuary, and Flash had done the same (though she was oblivious to the potential danger at the time) she had been fascinated with the thought of flying under her own power. But, despite being ground-bound, Livewire was content, and so after this her questions would most likely focus on Lawrence’s world itself rather than the vehicles in it should he so allow.
    Lawrence

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Lawrence on Mon Sep 19, 2011 9:33 pm

Ordinarily Lawrence probably would've been a bit irritated with all the questions, but this was Livewire. With her asking things, it was sort of endearing. Inwardly he supposed he was allowed to consider one child cute even if he disliked the vast majority of them, then got on with answering her questions. A faint chuckle escaped from his vocalizer before he spoke. "My my, you certainly are curious, aren't you? Well, yes, I suppose a skyway is like the road we're walking beside right now. It would be in the air of course, with hovering holographic signs and beacons to mark out the lanes."

A slight pause there, then the butler tried to address the rest of Livewire's questions, the ones about vehicles. "As for the cars, they actually appear similar to the ones here, except the tires are replaced with gravity coils so the vehicle can fly. They're usually not capable of spaceflight, though. For that one would need a dedicated starship."

((derp, sorry for flaking for a bit there...))
    Livewire
    Terabyte

Terabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Livewire on Wed Sep 21, 2011 7:41 am

((S'alright!))

If Livewire were able to hear the gray-text portion of Lawrence's thoughts, she would have been overjoyed and probably would have tackled him right then and there. She liked it when people liked her, simple as that. The femme nodded enthusiastically when Lawrence questioned her curiosity. Why, yes, she was curious! About EVERYTHING. Listening to his explanation, Livewire waited until he was done talking before she asked anymore questions. "So, gravity coils make them fly? Do you know how they work?" "What's the difference, why can a starship go to space when a car can't?" Livewire stayed silent for another second, about the time she would need to think up a plethora of questions, but this thinking session only turned up one. "Lawrence? Are you an' Zurg from the same place an' stuff? Is that why you're so close?"
    Lawrence

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Lawrence on Sun Sep 25, 2011 10:33 pm

Ah, now there was the barrage of questions Lawrence was expecting, though he still had to get her to settle down a little. "Slow down a bit, Livewire. I may have a very fast processor but I can still only answer those one at a time. For the gravity coils, I'm not sure you would understand the more detailed technical explanation, but they can alter or entirely negate the effects of gravity."

For his next explanation, Lawrence pointed out one of the parked cars they were walking past. "As for needing a spaceship, do you see that car there? It doesn't have the sort of seals or outer hull required for space travel, and neither did most hovercars. They were mostly for traveling about on a planet's surface. Some were capable of spaceflight, but you wouldn't want to go too far out of orbit with one."

Now the last set of questions caught the butler completely by surprise, and he stopped in his tracks. Why in Solana would Livewire ask about that? Zurg was the last person Lawrence wanted to think about at the moment, but he also didn't want to upset the young Cybertronian by not answering. There was also the thought that getting some of his feelings out in the open would help him feel more settled again, and that was why he was able to speak. "No, His Evilness and I are not from the same world, though the technology levels are quite similar. I wish we were, if only I could have met him sooner . . ." He trailed off for a moment, and in a much softer voice he spoke again. "I would have been willing to endure how terribly robots were treated in his world, if that meant we would eventually cross paths."

Lawrence recovered fairly quickly, addressing the other question though it was even harder than that first one to answer. "Why are we so close? That's very complicated indeed, child. I admit I was attracted to him physically at first, though that has waned as of late. It was only over time, as we learned more about each other and realized how similar we were, that we grew so close. Perhaps I grew attached too quickly, but after learning of the things His Evilness has endured, even if I still don't know the entire story I have decided I will never abandon him. We've both been left behind too many times, it just wouldn't be right for me to do the same."

No, it was not exactly where he expected the conversation to go, but just saying that aloud helped quite a bit. Now the butler just waited for the femme's reaction.
    Livewire
    Terabyte

Terabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Livewire on Mon Sep 26, 2011 1:18 am

Livewire listened to Lawrence's explanation, following him as he pointed out examples to her and told her of how the cars worked. So, they didn't have jet engines? They just kinda...floated? The concept was strange to Livewire, but she accepted it.

It made sense to the femme now why the hovercars couldn't usually go into space. They were just too weak! It had never occurred to Livewire all of the things that were necessary in order to be in space, especially for organics. She just had never thought much about it before, you see. Yes, space was very interesting to the femme, but there were so many things to see on the ground before she could even consider looking at the sky! Not that she didn't dream about it every now and then.

When Lawrence paused in the middle of his walk, Livewire took immediate notice of his change in demeanor and became worried. Should she not have asked those questions?

Livewire listened intently as Lawrence spoke, keeping quiet and letting him speak, even though she had a new question to ask after almost every sentence he spoke. He seemed...sad. Well, kinda. He looked sad to the Cybertronian, but it was a different kind of sad. She didn't know what he looked like, but she felt worried for him. He was her friend, and she didn't want him to be something-like-but-not-really sad! Or, well, just a bit more down than he was before she asked.

She didn't really know what he meant when Lawrence said that he was attracted to Zurg 'physically'. Did that mean that he thought Zurg was pretty? Livewire thought that Zurg was pretty, too! He was all tall and purple, and purple was a really pretty color! The femme once again kept all of her questions to herself, though she didn't really understand what Lawrence was talking about. She knew that Lawrence and Zurg got along and were family, but she didn't see how they were similar other than that they were both nice. As far as she could tell, Zurg was loud, fun, and silly. Lawrence was quiet, also fun, but less silly. Maybe they were just both fun? Mentally shrugging to herself, the young one continued to listen to the robot. They had been left behind? Well, that wasn't nice!

That was one thing that Livewire could SLIGHTLY identify with, though probably on such a minute scale compared to what Zurg and Lawrence may have gone through. She felt abandoned by her friend Casshern, whom she had gotten so close to in such a short amount of time only for him to leave suddenly in order to go exploring or something. She felt abandoned by her previous guardians, Starscream and Deadsilver, though she always berated herself for feeling it towards the former. "He's just working", she told herself, "he'll come down when he can". Deadsilver, on the other hand, still made her sad to think about. She didn't blame the femme at all for being missing for those months due to her death, but the fact that after she returned she avoided coming down to earth except for very rare occasions struck a blow to the yellow Cybertronian. This blow was then struck again when Deadsilver, understandably, did not put up a fight when Livewire told her that she had been adopted by Overcast. In her mind, Livewire had imagined how Deadsilver would react to the news, always being portrayed as against the idea, of vocalizing that she would take care of Livewire herself, that she would come around more and be the protector and guardian that Livewire had wanted her to be. When this didn't happen, Livewire had spent the next few days chipper as always when in public, but sullen and quiet when alone. She felt abandoned, even though Deadsilver had acknowledged that Livewire would be better off in the vampire's care than she was in both of the Cybertronians. Yes, she loved Overcast as much as, if not more than, she loved her original 'parents', and yes, she understood that she really was better off as the vampire's daughter, but still. It is always hard for a child to see a dream shatter before them.

Livewire didn't know if that was anything like what Lawrence had gone through, but the memories and emotions that the word "abandon" stirred up made Livewire want to comfort the robot, and maybe get a little comfort herself. Once he finished speaking, Livewire reached over and laced her hand with his, seeking a bit of physical comfort with the contact as well as stating a general summary of her thoughts at the moment. "Being left behind doesn't...it doesn't feel good."
    Lawrence

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Lawrence on Mon Sep 26, 2011 10:34 pm

Lawrence got the feeling he was missing something when he felt Livewire taking his hand. It was about there when he realized he really hadn't seen Deadsilver or Starscream around in quite some time. Inwardly he hoped that someone was taking care of the femme in their absence, hopefully Overcast since she seemed so fond of children. He also felt a little bad that his words had brought up some unpleasant memories for her too. So, rather than passively allowing her to hold his hand, he returned the gesture, wrapping his fingers around hers and squeezing lightly for a moment before relaxing his grip again.

Not letting go, the butler looked over at Livewire. "No, it most certainly doesn't." Lawrence offered a faint smile, though, wanting to cheer her up a bit. "However, there are still the pleasant memories we have, even if those involved may have moved on. Those are something you should treasure..."
    Livewire
    Terabyte

Terabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Livewire on Tue Sep 27, 2011 7:57 am

Livewire's mood lifted when she felt Lawrence squeeze her hand slightly, seeing as she was always one to find comfort in physical contact. Hence why she enjoyed climbing all over people, tackling them, hugging them CONSTANTLY, and sleeping with someone every night, mostly Jana but sometimes Overcast when the cyborg was elsewhere.

Smiling more, the femme nodded at what Lawrence said. "Mmhm. An' if you just keep thinkin' about the happy ones, then the sad ones don't seem as sad." At this Livewire's smile brightened to its usual vibrance as she once again buried the less-than-pleasant emotions that had been brought up. She still didn't know how to deal with things such as sadness so she usually just endeavored to try to forget about the feeling and drown it out with excitement and happiness. This worked most of the time but on some occasions, such as the incident previously mentioned, she couldn't forget about how it made her feel just yet, if she ever would be able to.

But, like Lawrence said, she could still treasure the the happy memories around the situation. She could remember first meeting Deadsilver and Starscream, even though Deadsilver had clawed her face and electrocuted her because the first thing Livewire had done was tackle the other femme due to Deadsilver being the first other Cybertronian that she had ever seen and she was just SO EXCITED to meet her. She could also treasure how Deadsilver had seemed to finally accept her after seeing her as a threat. It was also the first time that Livewire had stood up for herself, so that memory was particularly treasured. All of these happy times didn't have to lose their value simply because Deadsilver had moved out of the picture, as Lawrence had said. Livewire still loved the other femme, but that love had changed. Deadsilver may not be her guardian, but that didn't mean that Livewire had to stop liking her! That would be even more sad!

Livewire brought herself back to the present and away from her thought train. She was in a conversation, she needed to pay attention and talk to Lawrence! Otherwise it wouldn't be a conversation. At that the femme once again began to walk, still keeping her hold on the butler's hand and continuing her line of questioning.
    "Lawrence? Can you tell me a bit more about your world?"
    Lawrence

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Lawrence on Wed Sep 28, 2011 2:59 am

Lawrence held back a sigh of relief when it seemed his words had helped Livewire break out of her momentary bit of melancholy. Yes, this was more like it, as he hadn't intended to upset the younger robot. When she started walking again, he did the same, not wanting to hold her back. The hand holding made him feel perhaps a tiny bit self-conscious, but he didn't let go, either.

When Livewire asked about his world again, it was only proper that he obliged her curiosity. Lawrence was at a bit of a loss on where to start, though. "Very well, Livewire. Do you have any subjects in particular you would like to hear about? It's just that I've experienced so many things, and set foot on so many different planets between two galaxies . . . it's a bit overwhelming to not have a starting point."
    Livewire
    Terabyte

Terabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Livewire on Wed Sep 28, 2011 5:37 pm

Livewire smiled at Lawrence as he walked with her. She really liked to hang out with the robot. He was so much fun to talk to, and he was always really nice! That, and he could make really tasty brownies. Though she couldn't eat the delicious brownies now, she would always remember that it was indeed Lawrence that prepared them when she was an organic for the first time.

Livewire looked off towards the buildings that they were walking alongside as she thought of more questions. What should she ask? There was so much to know about a single planet, much less all of the places Lawrence has been to. What to ask, what to ask...

"What did Solana look like? Was it like here, or was it different? Can you just tell me about the planet?"
    Lawrence

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Lawrence on Fri Sep 30, 2011 11:55 pm

Lawrence blinked in confusion a little bit, before realizing the way he invoked 'Solana' in conversation at times would've probably confused Livewire. A faint chuckle escaped from his vocalizer as he set her straight, though. "Solana is the name of the galaxy I am from, actually. I can see how I managed to confuse you, I've heard a lot of people use the names of their homeworlds where I would use 'Solana'. I've never really had a homeworld, so the galaxy's name worked just as well for me."

The butler thought for a moment as he walked, trying to think of one of the planets he could tell Livewire about. He eventually settled on one, one of his favorite worlds in fact, even though the memories he had regarding it were somewhat bittersweet. "As for a specific world, how would you like to hear about Marcadia? It was quite different from this world, a desert planet in fact, though one only really had to worry about getting sand in their joints if they went out into the wilds. The capital city was beautiful, the buildings more impressive and ornate than most of the ones here in Portal City. It was also the seat of Solana's government, and home to the Cazars who ruled it. They were a race of sentient feline organics, with a natural aptitude for leadership. My favorite master before His Evilness was a Cazar . . . she had to send me away in the end, but I do still remember her fondly."

Last edited by Lawrence on Sun Oct 02, 2011 8:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Livewire
    Terabyte

Terabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Livewire on Sun Oct 02, 2011 7:59 pm

Livewire blinked back at Lawrence's confused blinking. What did she say wrong now? She thought that her question had been pretty straightforward.

Livewire blinked once again in surprised when Lawrence said that he didn't have a home world. As far as Livewire understood, the home world is just where you are created or born. Was he saying that he wasn't made on-planet? Was he built in space?

The femme listened intently to Lawrence as he spoke. A desert planet? Did that mean that it was like the wastelands, except all over the place? That sounded really cool! She liked the wastelands, even if her joints filled up with sand and were rather painful when she went. And they were ruled by cats? That sounded cool! Livewire didn't really understand why Lawrence called Zurg his 'master', but she supposed that it was just another word for boss.

"What was your old master like? Was she nice?"
    Lawrence

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Lawrence on Sun Oct 09, 2011 9:06 pm

Lawrence thought back to that time all those years ago, trying to stay focused on the more fond memories, rather than the last memory he had where he was sent away. "Anna was a soldier; she led a black ops squad for the Solana government, a squad she would eventually have me join, when she finally found me. I suppose she was very nice indeed . . . I certainly never knew anyone else willing to rescue an obsolete and badly deteriorated robot from the streets and then fully repair them. If not for her, I doubt I would be talking to you right now."

The butler smiled faintly as he remembered those days, though he shocked himself a bit when he realized he actually sort of missed them. While he would never serve a lawful government again due to their infernal politics, life in Anna's squad was interesting to say the least. He got to see the galaxy for the first time, met all sorts of people, helped put an end to the sort of things that might have even made Nefarious worried, and discovered that some organics could find it in their hearts to care about a robot.

Yes, Lawrence missed those days, but now that he had Zurg, Jo, and even Proxy, there were some elements of that time that were with him even now. "Those twenty years were perhaps the happiest time of my life, though those memories are having to compete with the ones I've been making here in Portal Breach."

Current date/time is Fri Sep 22, 2017 7:43 am