Portal Breach: The Collision of Worlds :: v.4.0

Saying Something Without Words (tag: Jo, maybe Proxy)

Jo Pistonne
    Zettabyte

Zettabyte

Level : 60

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Re: Saying Something Without Words (tag: Jo, maybe Proxy)

Post by Jo Pistonne on Thu Aug 25, 2011 2:32 am

Jo smiled, patting the back of Lawrence's head. "Believe me, Lawrence, you'll only strain your motherboard. Better not dwell on it for too long." The mechanic had experience in this area herself. Oh, how many times had she wondered again and again what she could have done different that day.

"Leaving already?" Well, Lawrence was a busy robot, and she was a busy woman too. If the robot took time out of his schedule only for this, Jo shouldn't keep him for any longer than necessary. "Well, take care! Give Big Z and SIR my salutations! And remind that big lug that he needs to help me this Thursday with painting!"

He better not eat all the paint either...
    Lawrence

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Lawrence on Sat Aug 27, 2011 2:14 am

Lawrence smiled a bit at Jo wishing him to take care. Only a scant few people back in his own universe had ever said that to him. "You take care as well, Jo. I'll tell His Evilness and SIR you said hello, as well as remind the Evil Emperor about helping the next time I see them. Oh, and thank you again for earlier; I feel much better now."

He was a bit tempted to go for another brief hug, but ultimately decided he'd taken up enough of her time. The butler headed upstairs then, ready to face the world again. If Proxy noticed him leaving and said something, Lawrence would stop to talk, but other than that, he was heading out.
    [INACT.] P|20XY
    Inactive Account

Inactive Account

Level : 1

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    10/10  (10/10)
    Health Bar:
    60/60  (60/60)
    Stamina Bar:
    10/10  (10/10)

Post by [INACT.] P|20XY on Sun Aug 28, 2011 5:42 am

"Thanks a bunch, Lawrence!" Jo gave him one final wave, smiling, before turning back to the task at hand. She still had a long way to go with Cinderella's machine.

Upstairs, Proxy heard Lawrence finally ascend. He made sure to step behind the counter, focusing on making his voice sound impassive as he greeted him. "I trust everything went well, Lawrence-Friend?"

The reason he was trying to sound slightly indifferent was because, unfortunately or fortunately, he had overheard some of Lawrence's and Jo's conversation when he'd been putting things away in the hallway closet. Thus, he had heard of NOS-4-A2 and the energy vampire's deceptive ways, which Proxy thoroughly did not approve of. Some of his platforms were already devising ways of handling the troublesome robot.

But he would rather not disclose such information. After all, so far, it was mere speculation on his end.
    Lawrence

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Lawrence on Mon Aug 29, 2011 11:13 pm

Since Proxy had indeed said something, Lawrence stopped to reply. He nodded to the other robot, probably looking a good bit less stressed out than he had earlier. "It didn't go quite the way I was expecting, but other than that, I suppose you could say things went well. I am certainly feeling much better, at any rate. Well, I do still have a few things left to finish at the Factory for today, so I'll see you later."

Yes, the butler had picked up on Proxy trying to seem more indifferent than usual, and he was fairly sure of the reason why. If the larger robot's audio sensors were anywhere near as good as Lawrence's, there was a chance Proxy accidentally heard some of the conversation downstairs. Ordinarily that would probably bother him, but he found he didn't mind it in this instance. For all their earlier fighting, he and Proxy were friends now . . . it was all right for the big lug to know a little more about him.
    [INACT.] P|20XY
    Inactive Account

Inactive Account

Level : 1

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    10/10  (10/10)
    Health Bar:
    60/60  (60/60)
    Stamina Bar:
    10/10  (10/10)

Post by [INACT.] P|20XY on Tue Aug 30, 2011 1:36 am

"Of course." He had heard some of that part of the conversation, as well. Proxy was, for better or for worse, not as "organic" as that yet, although Creator-Josephine certainly liked getting affectionate every now and again, which he liked. "I hope we can see each other again soon, Lawrence-Friend."

He had the feeling Lawrence had picked up on him overhearing a bit, but at least he didn't seem to mind it. That was a relief. It meant that their relationship was becoming stronger, trust becoming involved too. The robot's chest swelled with pride.

"If you ever need anything, just say the word," he said in a fashion of farewell. And as Lawrence would leave, Proxy's thoughts would drift back to NOS-4-A2... an energy vampire, eh?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Dec 12, 2017 12:48 pm