Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Re: The Home of Our Dreams

Post by Zurg on Thu Jul 28, 2011 4:59 am

And there he was... just snoring up a storm. How Jo lived through that took immense willpower, and whenever Zurg napped he napped. The minions always had a fond catchphrase for their ruler in his siestas: there's napping and then there's evil napping. Yep. The Serviceman was out like a light and he was as heavy as a log -- he normally was. Good luck trying to move him, Jo. He'd probably grow moss dangling from his horns before she urged him to move an inch.

A plus was that he was quite warm and soft, though. His skin was like smooth blubber -- smoother than a baby's butt, even. Don't you like touching baby butts, you creepers?

His heart beating at half the usual pace (around a beat every ten seconds), it almost seemed like he was dead. Thankfully he wasn't, and if Jo paid attention he must have felt every stroke and kiss she gave him. The twitching and incoherent mumbling gave it away like purple on Zurg. You know that analogy was the best. "Nnngh... beige... why do you like... beige... beige bathtub... nnngh... big enough for many burrito cats... beige cat burrito bathtub..." If you made sense in that you must get a degree in dream talk. Otherwise, be thankful he wasn't drooling or rolling over with Jo on top. If you thought he crushed the bed then wait until you see what happens when he flattens a person.

Seconds ticked by, the world just going lazily on about. Some children could be heard outside playing their games, while a neighbourhood dog must have gotten out to bark at vermin. A few cars, not many, and birds already singing playfully in the air.

A perfect nap setting. The breeze was even nice against the mild temperature.

Something must have happened because Zurg stirred before his internal clock told him it was ten minutes, and the weary alien opened a weepy eye. Oh? He spied with his little eye Jo, and she was resting on top of him. Normally he would have said something, but you know what? He just laid his head back down and closed his eye. With a free hand he brought it upon the mechanic's back and started rubbing it gently. "I take it you're tired, too...?" His voice rumbled five times deeper with her ear pressed against his chest, and he was almost afraid her brain would explode. Just something amusing to ponder and worry about. "You know the windows are open..." The Serviceman rumbled again, cracking his back. "If they see us like this with my uniform and on a bed that isn't even yours... Oh, people will talk... They'll talk, and we'll have to just... live like hermits. Mhmhmmm..." He apparently found something funny, maybe an image of Jo struggling to raise animals, and he chuckled into her hair. Ah, her shampoo. It was always so lovely he could just... eat her hair. In fact, he started to. Nibbling, of course. He couldn't nip so nibbling her hair and leaving a faint, wet mess would have to do for signs of affection. Oh, and the rubbing.

"I'm tired..." He weakly groaned. "Been at this job for two, whole weeks and I finally get to relax once again. Hmmmm... How many houses do we have left again? Two? I think I can stomach that before going back to wandering. Maybe... Maybe you can find your dream home today. Wouldn't that be nice? Mmm..." More snoring, and more slow breaths.

Looks like Jo was going to have to take the bed with them!

(Auuuugh, sleepy. This is my last post, Jo. Good night!)

In unity, before the Nine, I softly speak in #669999.
    But, in One's animosity, I hold command in #99FF00.
    Jo Pistonne
    Zettabyte

Zettabyte

Level : 60

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Jo Pistonne on Thu Jul 28, 2011 6:24 am

Yeah, the snoring was a little hard to ignore, but Jo liked the way that it made his chest rumble, and hers in extension. It was a pleasant, ticklish feeling, as ticklish as the sleepy words me mumbled as she stroke his face. Wow, he really didn't like beige. And did he just say he wanted a big enough bathtub for burrito cats? She thought about it for a bit, then it clicked. Oh! Well, if he meant that then yes, they definitely had to find a big enough bathtub.

Outside, the world went by, and Jo had now simply closed her eyes while she listened to his heartbeat, waiting for when he would wake up. Oh cosmos, Jo hoped no one else was interested in checking out this house because if they reached the master bedroom they'd be in for such a surprise.

Some time passed, maybe only five minutes, not ten, when Jo felt Zurg's hand start rubbing her back. She made a little sound, liking the sensation of his rumbling voice and how ticklish it made her feel again. "Just a little," she replied. "And I'm more worried about people checking this house out while we're still here." As if the people outside could even see them from up here. They wouldn't even make windows in bedrooms if that were the case. "If I have to live out the rest of my life on a farm like a little moozle you'll have to be my shepherd," she mock-threatened, loosening his tie.

Mmmmmm, that tie...

"But you did really good these weeks. I'm proud of you," she whispered, smoothing out the wrinkles on his shirt. She didn't even care that he was nibbling on her hair and filling it with his saliva. "And just two more. And it would be nice if we found it today. You wouldn't have to w-w-w-wander... anymore..." That was her trying not to yawn in the middle of a sentence but failing. And now she was falling asleep too!

Well, maybe just five more minutes wouldn't hurt...

(( I'm feeling sleepy myself! I dozed off for an hour or so there. Night, and see you tomorrow! ))
    Zurg
    Administrator

Administrator

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Zurg on Thu Jul 28, 2011 1:58 pm

Moozle? He had no need for a moozle. "I'll teach you how to raise livestock and cultivate plant life yet." Wasn't really all that hard, but you never know with Jo, as he liked to think... And thinking of thinking, those five minutes came and went. His inner alarm went off at exactly ten minutes and the alien started to rouse.

As much as he liked to just remain there, sprawled out like some great house cat, the Serviceman opened his eyes and looked around. Ah, yes. This strange, elderly home. The one that spelled of cats, lots of cats. Not including the one on his chest, of course. Awww, Jo was asleep! If he woke her up that'd be terrible of him, but if he didn't... then they'd nap for two hours! Well, she would. He'd just lay back and patiently wait. Still, if he did that she would probably get irritated with him. Might as well stir her, then. "Jo... Jo." He gently nudged her and tried stroking her back. Let's see how much of a heavy sleeper she was. Probably very heavy. "Jo, time for us to go. We have to find your house, remember? Can't find it if you're sleeping~!" Sure, she could find her dream house in her dream, but that didn't work in real life!

When she didn't stir after that he waited a minute before sitting up. Of course the woman was still clutching him tightly like a parasite, and he just shook his head. Jo had such a strong grip at times! On his back went the knapsack and in his other arm went the manila folder. Can't leave that lying around, right? Now, what to do with the slumbering maiden...

Nothing like that, you strange beans.

Using both arms he carefully scooped her up and carried her. Carried her out of the bedroom, back down the stairs, and once more into the outside world. Craters, it was bright out here. The daylight caused him to wince and Zurg struggled to shut the door with his foot. "Wretched yellow star..." Why couldn't it be a sensible colour like dull red or orange? Even with hindered vision it wasn't long before he found a bus stop with a bench, and he sat down; and yes, Jo was still sleeping.

Apparently thinking she was a very heavy sleeper was an understatement. It looked like he was carrying a dead body around!

"Shepherding a moozle... I can see that now." He practically led her to the water for a drink!

(Did you wake up with a QWERTY face?)

Jo Pistonne
    Zettabyte

Zettabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Jo Pistonne on Thu Jul 28, 2011 3:45 pm

He said something about livestock, but Jo barely heard him; she began to drift off, comfortable, warm, and lulled by the steady, slow beating of his heart. It beat slow enough to make her wonder at first whether his heart had stopped, but soon enough it would beat again to reassure her that he was just fine. And with that rhythmic beat in her ears, she fell asleep...

She dreamed about a house that was completely white, the shade reminding her of the froth of the stormy sea, though she had only seen such a phenomenon in pictures. But it was empty, with no furniture, dust particles flowing in the air and glowing in the sunlight. The mechanic waded through the carpet barefoot, sinking her toes into the long shaggy material whose name escaped her at the moment. She had the feeling that she was trying to find something, or someone, but her feet would only take her so far; the room's exit was always just a few feet away, but she couldn't reach it even if she stretched out her arm to touch the doorframe.

She felt something grab her by the ankle and drag her down, and with a sudden jolt she found herself--

--in a bus. What?

She blinked the sleep from her eyes, looking around. They were on a bus, slightly cleaner than the previous one, and Zurg was sitting beside her as if nothing had happened. Jo shook her head, still groggy from the short dream. Weren't they in the third house...? How'd they get on the bus so soon? The answer was simple enough. Zurg must've carried her her.e Cosmos, if she'd dreamed, she must've been sleeping deep!

"How long was I asleep?" An innocent-enough question to regain her bearings, though she still felt a little shaken by the dream.

(( Nope, I have this habit of leaning to the right when I drift off. XD How about you? ))
    Zurg
    Administrator

Administrator

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Zurg on Thu Jul 28, 2011 4:19 pm

"So glad you could join the living." Sound familiar?

Yes, it was true. They were both in the bus, and Zurg had already paid the fare. How, you ask? It's best not to inquire. The man had his ways and a magician never explained his tricks. Jo was currently sitting beside him, her head previously snoozing on his arm, and luckily the mechanic hadn't hit anyone with her startled jolt. "I take it you had a deep dream?" Wonder what she had dozed on about? Must have been interesting if she drooled all over his sleeve. And about that drool... He used a napkin from the inside of her knapsack to wipe it away. "You were asleep for about a quarter of an hour; fifteen minutes at the most. You were off pretty far along. That's the deepest I've ever seen you sleep, Jo!" She must have been tired or wound up about something. Perhaps the houses? "Here, maybe you need to eat something."

In his hand was a snack he packed, one of the many for her, and it was a nutrient-rich fruit bar. Mixed berry, if he could recall. There was also some water he fished out in case she was thirsty, and he kept her up steady with an arm around her. "Maybe you need a little pick-me-up. It's been a while since you last ate."

Bet that grain bar and water looked like royalty with a hungry stomach.

(My habit? In the immortal words of Samuel L. Jackson, I just go the fuck to sleep.)

Jo Pistonne
    Zettabyte

Zettabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Jo Pistonne on Thu Jul 28, 2011 4:44 pm

"Maybe I should just go back to the land of the dead," Jo mumbled in return, but her answer was a surefire sign that she'd finally woken up. Where were they going again? Oh, right, north, to another suburban neighborhood. They had two more houses to check out.

"A deep, creepy dream." After a dream like that, Jo wasn't sure if she wanted to check out anymore houses. They'd only seen three but they were enough to last her a lifetime! She only remembered looking for something, being stuck in a house, and then sucked in, nothing more than that. But the feeling of unease still remained. Even the hairs on her arms were standing on end now. How could she have seen a dream in just under fifteen minutes? Strange.

"I didn't really sleep all that well last night." She leaned against him, not caring if her hair was all mussed up, wondering briefly how he dreamed if he only slept from ten minutes to around an hour each day. She then spotted what he had in his hand for her. Some sort of fruit bar? The mechanic didn't know if she liked the idea of eating dried fruit in a shape like that, but decided that she was hungry enough to not really care.

"Thanks." She bit into it and chewed slowly, the bar like jam that had dried up and become as hard to manage as gum. Her stomach still growled, probably protesting at the light choice of meal, but she didn't feel like eating anything else. She looked outside the window again, watching as the city approached. "Did you sleep well?"

(( Hah, he's a good one! Lucky you. XD ))
    Zurg
    Administrator

Administrator

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Zurg on Thu Jul 28, 2011 5:04 pm

Oh... seems someone woke up on the wrong side of the alien this morning. He wasn't a very comfortable mat, he will admit! "Don't say that, Jo." Seemed their attitudes had flipped! Jo was now the groggy one and he was the more optimistic! Why, he was even smiling and looking like a total dope. "We're having fun together, yes? Snooping in houses legally, expressing our distastes at people's decor, and trying out bathtubs. You know, fun! I think it's pretty interesting so far." The Serviceman confessed with his eyes closed. "I never knew how weird human houses were. What's with this carpet thing everywhere..." Because apparently carpet was not normal.

And she had an eerie dream? About what? "A dream, or a nightmare. You don't seem too thrilled about it, whatever it is." He was no expert, but he could take a guess that Jo... was looking rather worn. And he also knew what goosebumps were. Maybe it wasn't a pleasant dream after all... "Didn't sleep well? That's not like you, Jo." She didn't appear to particularly care for the snack he gave her, even though it was rich in vitamins and fiber for softer stools, so he fished out something more to her tastes: a soft, sweet chocolate bar of sugar. Pure, deadly sugar. Oh, just holding it was making him anxious. "Here, try this instead." As he gave her the bar he took the bitten-into fruit snack, in which he ate it in one chomp. Mmm, mixed berry and low in sugar... His kind of snack! A little on the chewy side, though.

"I slept okay, but I daresay better than you, Jo. Do you want to lie back down again?" He didn't really know where the next house was, however, so he put on his glasses and tried to search through the manila folder. Oh my, Jo was so unorganized! These houses were nowhere near categorized! "Just tell me where the next house is and I'll get us there. You can go back to sleep." It had to be around here somewhere... It would help if he wasn't colourblind! All these sticky notes appeared the same!

(Sometimes I'm not so lucky and I wake up four times a night, doing what... I don't know. I usually roll over, kiss the cat, and sleep again.)

Jo Pistonne
    Zettabyte

Zettabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Jo Pistonne on Thu Jul 28, 2011 5:25 pm

Jo did crack a grin at him at how bright and optimistic he was. He was like a cheery forge ready to get down to melting some metal. "You're the one trying the bathtubs and fridges! Me, I'm just the one who jumps on the bed and tries not to get trampled by Tangean-like decorations. That last house! Ugh, the dining room was a disaster zone." She definitely didn't want creepy portraits hanging up in her new house! But she didn't want it to be completely empty either...

"It wasn't exactly nightmare material. I was just in an empty house and I was stuck... and then tripped... and woke up." Saying it out loud, it sounded really stupid now. She gave a shrug of her shoulders. "It just left me with a weird feeling. I must be thinking about this house deal too much."

And then... salvation in the form of a chocolate bar! Zurg took the fruit bar and Jo readily accepted the chocolate, taking a few quick bites from it. Oh, milk chocolate. Delicious milk chocolate. But knowing Zurg and his problem with sugar, she quickly scarfed it down. He too ate the fruit bare in a matter of seconds. But now, Jo needed to drink something, so she took the water bottle and drank nearly half of it.

"Ahhhhhhhh~ That hit the spot just right." But she shook her head and leaned back a bit, not wanting to go to sleep again. "Nope, I'm good. Wide awake now. I'll just sit over here and let you do all the work now. The next stop is Circuit Valley." A valley, huh? Was it literally a valley or just called one? They'd have to find out sooner or later!

(( Oh, I don't have that. When I fall asleep I usually stay asleep, unless I drift off and know I have to do something, like post. So I sleep lightly and jolt awake before I remember I was supposed to be posting! XD ))
    Zurg
    Administrator

Administrator

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Zurg on Thu Jul 28, 2011 5:43 pm

"Well, I rather like bathtubs and fridges. And the last house wasn't too bad. It was just..." He made an indecisive sound while shrugging. "...dated. Otherwise I rather liked the layout." Now, let's see...

After a good while trying to sort through Jo's elaborate mess, he eventually found where the next house would be. "Circuit Valley... Hmm..." He wanted to know what the crime rate index was, the demographics of people living there, and especially home owner's value prices. Would this be a wise place to buy into? A poor choice? What? Jo didn't do her research all the way through! Not as complete as Zurg would have liked, but he kept his OCD to himself and tried to discern all that he could from the chicken scratch that was Jo's handwriting. She wrote like a man. Best not to tell her that. "I think you're stressing yourself out with all this housing business. You needn't have to, Jo." Not like there was a huge demand, right? Most folks lived in the inn, or others just... hid out in caves and forests. "I don't know what an empty house or getting stuck in it means, but... maybe you're afraid you'll choose the wrong on? Or... maybe you're afraid you'll never find it? Who knows, Jo. It's best not to worry about dreams for they're only that; dreams." Human dreams are harmless, after all. But he knew Jo let it bother her more than she was showing so he placed a hand upon her leg and rubbed it reassuringly, finishing the sign of affection with a few pats and keeping his hand rested there.

"Uh-uh, all the work. Right, right..." The alien kept on reading and developing a map within his head as he put two-and-two together. "You're lucky I'm such a passive person, Jo. Oh, the things I weather sometimes..."

A little innocent melodrama never hurt anyone. Jo can relax. He'll find this place without any worries.

(If I have something to do, my body normally wakes around the time it needs to be done. LIKE SCHOOL ASSIGNMENTS AT THE LAST MINUTE.)

Jo Pistonne
    Zettabyte

Zettabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Jo Pistonne on Thu Jul 28, 2011 6:00 pm

Jo did too. She liked the second and third the most, but they just weren't quite what she was looking for. Argh, if only she could pinpoint that something she wanted in a house, they'd be set! Besides it being blue, having a basement and a large and comfy bathtub, she didn't have anything set in mind.

She watched him rifle through hr folder, biting her lower lip in amusement at the look on his face. Maybe he didn't like the way she organized things. Hey, it was organized! Organized chaos, that's what. The best kind of organizing this side of Portal City!

The mechanic rubbed her nose against Zurg's sleeve and huffed. "I dunno what it means, but if we find a white house it's out of the question, and I don't care how big the bathtub is." Cosmos, if he wanted a large bathtub so bad she might even fit in it at this rate. Oh, the mental image of them bathing together, covered in soapsuds, made her snort with laughter. The hand on her leg felt nice, very nice, only enhancing the internal fantasy. His hand was so warm and comforting~

"You better believe it!" the mechanic chuckled, hugging his arm and watching him plan... whatever he was planning. Organized chaos, remember? Just because she could make sense out of her own chaos didn't mean she could make sense out of someone else's order.

(( Speaking of assignments, I gotta run! See you later, EEZ! ))
    Zurg
    Administrator

Administrator

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Zurg on Fri Jul 29, 2011 12:50 am

Organized? This, organized? Don't make him laugh! Zurg just shook his head at the scattered mess and finally finished rearranging things to proper code -- his code, and it was certainly proper. "Fine. If you get a house with no big bathtub then I'll have to bathe in the sprinkler system nude. You'd like that, wouldn't you. Your neighbours wouldn't, of course. I could always threaten to vapourize their houses with a well-placed shot from a satellite array. Oh, I get tingles just pressing the button." And of course he said this in the most casual, relaxed tone of voice he could possible muster. It made the suggestion all the more amusing and the alien glanced up occasionally to keep track of the passing road signs.

Jo better hang onto her internal fantasies; they were in broad daylight for those.

Soon another road passed, and another, and another, and always... another. Zurg just watched them scroll on by, his eyes roving left then right, entranced by how the world worked. This world. This alien world. People lived on streets with their own plot of land, their own privacy and comfort. It was strange, you know, how these people out here enjoyed such... space. It was also normal, and that made it all the more stranger. How could he fit in? Most of the populace he found were human the farther they went out from the city. And most of them were strictly human families. Human parents, human children, human animals; dogs and cats. Maybe a few fish and birds. He wasn't used to this. Was he even ready? This world. This alien world.

This world that Jo wanted to share with him. And it was just so... strange.

*Ding!* "Circuit Valley, next stop."

As soon as he heard that the Serviceman reached over and pulled the cord, a chime echoing for the bus driver to pull off at the next stop. In the meanwhile, Zurg packed up the folder and the knapsack before he rose up to hold one of those teetering grips. "We're at our stop, Jo. You best get up now." He held out a hand for the mechanic to take and together they thanked the driver before getting off.

Cool asphalt crunched underneath his sandals and Zurg observed the smell of freshly cut grass and a wide arrangement of both local and foreign flora. Lots of gardens here. Lots of animals, too. Children as well. Few elderly. More men than women. Human males always had that... sour smell to them. A scent to ward off another males. All this he was able to tell from smell alone, and the alien wisely walked onto the sidewalk to avoid oncoming traffic. Cars. Most still using fossil fuels. Also diesel. Must be a stop for farming vehicles and traveling truckers. This place...

"Here. You know what house you are looking for." He whispered before handing her the folder. Oddly he sounded more reserved and cautious. Maybe it was because he wasn't used to this area. "When you are ready, lead the way. I'd like to get out of the public sooner than later."

He didn't belong here.

(Later!)

Jo Pistonne
    Zettabyte

Zettabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Jo Pistonne on Fri Jul 29, 2011 2:50 am

Jo burst into a fit of laughter, though it was muffled because she was pressing her face into his arm to stifle it. "Nah, I wouldn't dream of subjecting you to public mockery! I'd prefer such a display to be for my personal benefit and not mentally scar others in the process." And tingles, eh? She'd have to show him just how else he could get pleasant tingles. Come to think of it, she could do that right now.

She leaned a little closer, lips close to one of his horns. "Besides, that uniform you're wearing doesn't leave much to the imagination. I know for a fact that you're wearing black underwear~" Her whisper was low, and tantalizing, and she stroked his collarbone with a finger before settling back to her original position with this smirk on her face that spoke volumes.

Messing with him like this was so much fun and immensely satisfying.

*Ding!* "Circuit Valley, next stop."

Zurg was roused first, getting up and grabbing hold of a grip before offering a hand to help her up. She took it, getting up and grabbing another one of those grips until the bus shuddered to a halt and they got off. As the bus sped away for its next destination, Jo took a look around and decided that it looked like a simple, ordinary suburban neighborhood. There were several families out, with laughing children and barking dogs and fat, lazy cats napping in the sun. But something Jo noticed from the get-go was the eerie lack of diversity.

This place was swarming with humans.

It was no surprise that Zurg was probably feeling self-conscious. He had that nervous air about him as he passed her the folder. Jo nodded and made a mental note to get them out of public eye fast, but in the meantime she drifted closer to him and rubbed his back. She didn't care if he was the only odd one sticking out and if anyone stared or made a rude remark she'd deal them pain and hurt with her wrench! She had at least one tool on her at all times that would serve for such a purpose.

"Okay, we go this way." Looping her arm through his, she led him down the sidewalk. They did earn more than a few curious stares, but it wasn't like anyone opened their mouths to say anything -- so far. Their walk only took them about five, agonizingly slow minutes before they came to a stop in front of a dark blue house, one that actually made Jo feel a special kind of something when she saw it in real life. Was this going to be the dream house?
    Zurg
    Administrator

Administrator

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Zurg on Fri Jul 29, 2011 3:26 am

To the past!

-----

Auuuugh, not again!

If Zurg had his rocket boots on he surely would have ignited them and blasted straight off his seat. Why, his head would have even penetrated through the metal and left a gaping hole in the bus' ceiling! Could you only imagine the hefty bill that would be? Luckily he only jerked a foot in his seat and hopped on his legs like a springing moon rabbit. "Confound it all! Jo, that's not fair!" He whined, pupils dilated as wide as saucers. "Auugh... now it hurts to see...! So bright, white light!" Not to mention that got his heart slowing to a mere few beats a minute with the alien flustering. It only got worse as Jo correctly guessed his current colour of underwear. It was just like a repeat from this morning! Why could he never see these surprise attacks coming!? "Ahghg... ahgahah! Ahghgng... I'm... I'm going outside now." Except Zurg didn't know which way was out and he simply banged his forehead and right knee on the metal bars surrounding the bus' front exit.

Thanks a lot, Jo.

Now blushing into the present!

-----

Jo must have picked up with her eyes what he picked up with his noses. This place lacked diversity, alright, and the alien couldn't help but feel out of place. Normally this wasn't an issue to him, because normally he just invaded people's land and enslaved them. They didn't get the right to stare or whisper to themselves. They were too busy fleeing and screaming for their lives to be spared. Just how he liked it. And he was an Equal Opportunity Enslaver, too. If anyone of these backwater locals gave them flack... Zurg wasn't too thrilled about his current arrangement of self defense -- the measly thing -- but he could hold his own if he had to. So could Jo.

Why did he expect banjo music...

"Alright, following you." If she got them lost here then he was eating a dog to survive. He heard they tasted like moozle. Arm-in-arm they walked on along happily, both not paying any mind to how different they looked and Zurg was secretly thankful that the house wasn't as far away as he had thought. A good five minutes and plenty of stares later, they found the house Jo was looking for! And my, it actually seemed pleasant. For once the alien had no immediate remark to say and he inspected the entire yard with one good sweep of his eyes. "Looks good so far, and there's a shed out in the back." He pointed out. "It does seem a tad on the big side, but I definitely like the character of it. Has more personality than your first two choices. Shall we go inside?"

Hopefully this place didn't reek of animal dander!

Jo Pistonne
    Zettabyte

Zettabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Jo Pistonne on Fri Jul 29, 2011 4:07 am

Poor Zurg, he couldn't take a compliment, could he? Jo would amend that yet, don't you worry~

Stares they had gotten, from children, wives, husbands and even pets, but Jo didn't care and just walked even closer to Zurg. Yes, they were a human and an alien, what was so weird about that? A lot of things, she thought bitterly, since humans even had the habit of being racist among themselves. Some things just never changed, no matter which galaxy you went to or how far in the future it was.

But the house was quite gorgeous, and Jo's insides began to tingle. Yes, this house was definitely singing to her, but was it the right house? It seemed awfully large, but she really liked the layout. And Zurg liked it too, which was a first besides the purple house.

"Yeah, let's check it out!" She tried to curb her excitement as she walked up the steps and entered the house, giving the floor plans a quick once-over before she began to explore. There was a room that appeared to be a study, then a living room, a dining room and kitchen... and another living room!?

"Wow," Jo said, at a loss for words in her amazement. "This place is huge!" And so pretty! The walls were a gorgeous shade of blue, easy on the eyes for Zurg but not too dark and clashing, and the little furniture that had been left behind gave it all an aesthetic quality. Her insides tingled a bit more, but her common sense told her that she didn't need all this room. "What do you think so far, Big Z?" If he liked it, it would be like a double-dilly!
    Zurg
    Administrator

Administrator

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Zurg on Fri Jul 29, 2011 4:13 am

Well, no one had made any comments yet... Maybe the folks out here weren't so bad, just... unused to different things? It was a possibility.

Up the stairs and into the house they went, Jo already tearing off and stomping up and down the place like it was already hers. Zurg was more of a mind to take his time and inspect every nook and cranny. No detail was left unturned to the alien with a sharp eye, and he tapped his tooth at a few outstanding things. There was an office, for one. That was the first he had seen. Secondly it was quite spacious and there were even two living room arrangements from the looks of it. Dining table joined by kitchen, and of course... the Serviceman tiptoed into the bathroom and sat in the bathtub. Aw, it was much too tiny again! All this space and it wasn't added where it needed it the most! A shame. He got back up and joined Jo in one of the dens.

"The layout is quite unique and it doesn't seem too stale or too old, but..." There was that but and he crossed his arms, one hand reaching over to a lip and rubbing it pensively. "...but, it's very big. This is a lot of space for just you and Proxy. Guests, even. What are you going to do with all of this space, Jo? I can see this place for a family, yes, but for a lone woman and her robot? Hmm, does make me hesitant..." Almost, Jo, almost. Zurg was just this close to being sold if it weren't for that tiny tag!

Current date/time is Sun Nov 19, 2017 11:01 pm