Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Re: The Home of Our Dreams

Post by Zurg on Wed Jul 27, 2011 1:06 am

Him? Asked not to think too much about something? Jo, that's like asking for a miracle to happen. Not until the fat grub sang, and they were such terrible singers.

At Jo's reassurance the alien did ease up, but not by a lot. The outside world still terrified him, but he wasn't about to exactly show it just yet. Instead, he took the jabbing to his chest like a good sport and he snorted at her burrito ultimatum. "You probably only like those because they're filled with artificial preservatives and falsified chemical compounds. That meat you're so fond of? Processed. Same with the cheese. I read the box labels; if you can't pronounce the ingredients inside, chances are it's not something you want within your digestive system let alone your body." She should really eat more salads and wild fish! Some good food wouldn't harm her, you know!

After that he just continued to look out the window and think about things left unsaid. Zurg hoped the bus would stop soon. He needed to do something so he could keep his mind off a few... issues.

(Hope you had a fat cat nap!)

In unity, before the Nine, I softly speak in #669999.
    But, in One's animosity, I hold command in #99FF00.
    Jo Pistonne
    Zettabyte

Zettabyte

Level : 60

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Jo Pistonne on Wed Jul 27, 2011 3:01 am

"Nah-uh!" She shook her head, tilting her chin up slightly in defiance. "I like them so much because they taste great and they're filling!" She'd been eating processed products for pretty much a lifetime and she was still in one piece. She didn't see why Zurg made such a big deal about it. She wasn't a fish or veggie person, remember? She'd only eat those foods if they were, well... well-cooked or something!

It was only another five to six minutes until Jo nudged Zurg for them to get up and down at the next stop. Unlike stopping in the heart of the city, the area they got down in was full of a relatively small number of people and even had some patches of green here and there.

"This is it," Jo announced, brandishing her manila folder and spreading an arm out. "Pixel Plaza! Not very pixelly to me, but to each their own, eh?" She brought the manila folder close again and peered down at it. "Okay, we're looking for another blue house, a light blue one, and it'll be stuck between a lot of other houses with different colors but with the exact same make. If we see a group of identical houses, we'll find our house!"

That didn't seem like a foolproof plan, but Jo had already started to march off, likely to get them lost again.

(( I sure did! I still feel tired, but I can post for a few more rounds before attempting to nod off again. I hope you're doing well, at least! XD ))
    Zurg
    Administrator

Administrator

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Zurg on Wed Jul 27, 2011 3:14 am

...There was just no arguing with her when it came to those blasted burritos, was there? Well, to each their own. If he was allowed to eat insects, then she could eat her cancerous microwaveable food. And he always cooked his food well! Er, save for... certain things. Zurg did like to eat a few things raw, but not very much. Bacteria and parasites, you know. Gotta fry those suckers before they fry you.

In another five or six minutes the bus stopped at their intended destination and they both got off, Jo saying something about how the house may or may not be identical to a select swath. "Another cookie-cutter box?" What was with humans and their desire to fit in!? "Here's an idea, Jo." Why hadn't he thought about this before? Wrapping an arm around her waist and walking alongside her, the alien was already scheming something. "Why buy another house that wasn't originally to your design if you could just make one?" Wasn't that a novel thought? "That way you can design it how you please and incorporate what you want. The only renovation you do is when you first build it! What do you say to that, Jo?"

It was worth a shot to think outside the box.

(You're lucky, because I waited before heading off myself! I was just about to. I can post a few times, too, before going to bed. And I'm doing okay. Tired, but okay.)

Jo Pistonne
    Zettabyte

Zettabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Jo Pistonne on Wed Jul 27, 2011 3:31 am

You gotta believe it! And just one warning: don't eat bugs before anything more frisky, or else Jo will probably not be very pleased with Zurg~

Jo examined the brochure, already liking the exterior design from the photos and wondering how the interior looked like when Zurg said the darnest thing. The mechanic came to a full stop, Zurg maybe running into her, before turning back to look at him.

"Make a house? From... scratch?" It was an idea, but she could think of several ways it wouldn't work. Wouldn't it be more expensive to build it from scratch? Wouldn't she have to own a plot of land first? Wouldn't she have to get someone to design hr a house, like a real architect? Did she even have enough money for something like that?

Don't get her wrong, she didn't think it was a bad idea. It was just an idea that would require a lot of work and possibly money she didn't have. Blast it, he'd really made her start wondering whether she was going about this house-hunting the wrong way.

"We've got three more houses to check out," she said slowly, thoughtfully. If none of those fit the bill... maybe we could try to figure out how to build a house."

This would take longer than the two to three days she was expecting!

(( Oh, I cut you from your sleep, sorry! But a few posts it is! It seems like summer makes us all fee tired, huh? XD ))
    Zurg
    Administrator

Administrator

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Zurg on Wed Jul 27, 2011 3:39 am

What? Is Jo insinuating that he does something with his mouth other than eating?

Aaaaaaand, apparently what he had suggested didn't fly over that well. Sure enough Jo stopped in her tracks and the Serviceman retracted all contact thinking he had just set something ablaze. "Well, yes. How else do you make a house expect from scratch?" If there was another way to build a house without actual supplies and time, let him know! There's a market for that kind of thing. And while all of Jo's concerns were all very viable points, she was overlooking several things. One: it's not expensive if you know how to go about it. Two: there's a lot of land on PB and no one's claimed it! Three: what, didn't express confidence in Zurg and his minions? They had conquered several worlds together and developed structures, you know. And fourth: Zurg would always help chip in. No matter what, he would always help Jo financially and see her taken cared of.

Sometimes, Jo, more work and effort paid off in the long run. Just keep the option in mind in case something turned up!

Still a tad awkward now, Zurg was a bit back in his steps. Maybe half a step. "Oh, sure! Three houses. Let's see them all, yes!" Most likely Jo wasn't going for the build-it-yourself option.

And it would have been so easy too with a self-perpetuating crystallic fusion construction breeder core. Or, as he liked to call it, that evil takeover thingy since remembering that name meant he often times reversed the order of words.

(At least it's summer time and not school time! My sleep schedule is so whacked...)

Jo Pistonne
    Zettabyte

Zettabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Jo Pistonne on Wed Jul 27, 2011 3:59 am

Maaaaaybe~

Building a house instead of finding one just hadn't crossed Jo's mind, which was why she wasn't sure whether she should drop everything and decide to just build a house. So she decided to check her last three options first, and if nothing proved the right house, they'd do it Zurg's way! Just as long as the grubs didn't leave their grubby footprints all over the place.

"Okay!" Jo grasped his hand and began to lead him down the sidewalk. At last the trees provided some shade. It was nearly noon and the sun was beating down on them relentlessly. "And if all else fails, we'll do it your way! How long would it take you to build a house anyway?"

She didn't find it a bad idea at all, come to think of it. It'd probably just take longer to move out of the inn. But at least it was roach-free and clean now, so Jo didn't really mind.

(( Summer, winter, it's all the same to me! Work, work, work... I wish I could find a new job, I hate it here. DX ))
    Zurg
    Administrator

Administrator

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Zurg on Wed Jul 27, 2011 4:14 am

Well, then! Aren't you glad Zurg was brought on along? Different perspectives! But, he would do it Jo's way since this was her -- as we all know -- task. The best he could do was provide opinion and support for the time being. And it was a good idea to see the rest through. Who knows? Jo may very well find what she was looking for and that'd save on a lot of time and resources! As for grubs... he couldn't make any promises when they were involved. The dirty stinkers.

"Alright, we'll go see the reST!" He exclaimed just a little and held onto his hat once Jo grasped his hand and led them off. To where who knew, but at least the scenery was rather nice here. A tad more quiet, calmer, some shade; yes, much better than the bustling city, except... it still didn't feel quite right. Perhaps too relaxed? We'll have to see. For now, however, the Serviceman tried to keep out of the growing sun up high and he answered Jo's question. "Manually? That would depend." Factoring labour and resource costs, it would probably take a while. "I'm thinking a few days, possibly two weeks given my staff. However, if you used something else, I'm sure I could finish it in mere hours. Maybe even one." Thank you, evil take over thingy!

It was like fast food but for houses!

(Bleh, it's hard to find jobs right now. I hate to say it, but you're lucky you have work!)

Jo Pistonne
    Zettabyte

Zettabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Jo Pistonne on Wed Jul 27, 2011 4:29 am

Hopefully she would, but that didn't mean that she wouldn't object to other methods. Building a house might very well be the way to go, but since they were already here they ought to see what they could find. And grubs would be grubs!

Too relaxed? Big Z, baby, you need to learn how to loosen up! Maybe Jo could give you a massage later. That always helps soothe one's nerves, doesn't it?

"One hour?!" Wait, how the cosmos could you finish building a house in one hour? That was impossible! What had Zurg created to be able to fabricate such things in the blink of an eye? "What is this something else?" Color her interested, but she wanted to know the secret behind this speedy building process! Would it withstand the test of time? Was there a catch?

(( Tell me about it! It's the only reason I don't quit. We need the money, even if it's from a dingy fast food place. DX ))
    Zurg
    Administrator

Administrator

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Zurg on Wed Jul 27, 2011 4:42 am

Mmm, massages... And what was this thing?

If Jo was coloured interested, then Zurg was painted all shades of smug. Oh, she wanted to know about his utterly brilliant invention, did she~? Ohoho, bragging rights! "It's nothing, really~!" He playfully rolled his eyes with a very broad grin. Never forget, Jo! The man you were dealing with wasn't your average, run-of-the-mill man! He had quite a few surprises up his robes, and one should always be on their toes when around him. Now, back to his utterly brilliant invention. "It's my very own, patented device. With just four crystallic fusion rods to power it up, my little instrument of rapid expansion can easily overrun and establish a fitting base of evil in mere minutes! I never told you how I took over Roswell in practically five minutes, did I~?" Granted, Roswell was some backwards planet out in the middle of podunk nowhere, but he still conquered it in five minutes tops! Give the man some credit where credit was due, lesser villains!

He chuckled upon fondly recalling the day's events and even went so far as to clasp his hands. "Yes, yes..." Just look at him rubbing his hands all manically, that sinister tone back. "The poor, lowly inhabitants hadn't a single chance of survival once I took over. Strange. I almost pity them. Anyway!" The evil gleam in his eye came and went, and the alien was more than happy to keep on walking along in the afternoon sun like an everyday citizen. "It's called the... crystallic fus -- no, that's not right. It's called the self-constructio -- no, that's not right either... Could you give me a minute? I always get tongue-tied at this thing's blasted name. The researchers said it was because of evil marketing and how people fear larger words, but it's just a hassle to non-Basic speakers like me." He cleared his throat and paused, tapping a neon-green tooth as he tried to recall how the name went.

Let's see... Oh!

"It's called the crystallic self-perpetuating breeder construction core." Say that ten times fast and in one sentence. There he remembered it and now he scowled. "I just refer to it as the evil take over thingy. It's much easier that way, if you ask me. When you're a busy Evil Emperor on the job, conquering planets filled with mindless nobodies, you can't exactly pause, think, and repeat long-winded words all the time. It just takes the fun out of it."

And as for drawbacks? Only the amount of power it consumed. Other than that, it was golden. Jo should be so proud!

(Alas, fast food and minimum wage jobs like that have high turn-over rates so people flock to them. I dread to think what my career is going to look like. Anyway, that's it for me, Jo! I'm going to bed and you should, too. Not keeping you up since you have work! Night!)

Jo Pistonne
    Zettabyte

Zettabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Jo Pistonne on Wed Jul 27, 2011 7:06 am

Oh, when Zurg assumed that tone of voice Jo knew that it wasn't just "something", and her suspicion was confirmed when he began to explain just what this miraculous invention of his was. It was so miraculous that he couldn't even pronounce the word! But Jo did give his words her undivided attention, considering her options. Crystallic fusion was the main power source back where she was from and despite Zurg using it to conquer, it might even prove useful.

"I won't even bother scolding you for conquering a poor, innocent planet like Roswell," Jo decided, giving his arm a small pinch. He should know by now that she doesn't approve of such actions, yes?

"But that's a pretty useless name. Why don't you just call it by its initials? Like C.S.P.B.C.C." Wait, no one would ever remember all that. She thought about it for a bit, stroking her chin. "Just try to find initials that make a word! All that just confuses people. It sure didn't strike fear in my heart!" she teased with another small prod.

But that sounded pretty pricey. There had to be another catch. "Besides the copious amounts of energy it'll need to maintain itself, are there any other problems? Radiation, sudden power shutdowns, those sort of things?" She might just go for a classically-made building if her house might turn into power rods while she was taking a shower!

(( Okay, I will too! I'll admit I drifted off there, but I did post! Good night, and good luck with your career. Don't end up at a fast food place like me! DX ))
    Zurg
    Administrator

Administrator

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Zurg on Wed Jul 27, 2011 2:17 pm

"Ow!" Zurg rubbed his arm at her pinching and prodding, and the alien felt like he was being bullied. Go figure. "That's not fair, Jo! Even villains need to make their living somehow! If I didn't conquer Roswell how else would I have fulfilled my quarterly quota? Roswell was the perfect candidate since the natives lacked the firepower to fight back, and it was right next to a transpatial warp field. Seemed like a viable choice to me." People never stopped to think that just because he was a villain that didn't mean some rules of life didn't apply to him. You have any idea what it takes to manage minions and mind-controlled thralls? A lot of resources. Have to invest in a few worlds someday or another! "And I wouldn't say it's useless, but rather... complex. I can't argue the evil marketing ploy because it worked on the Roswellians. They were too afraid to attack what they couldn't pronounce! You weren't afraid because you grew up on Tradeworld. These poor folks grew up in their own backyards." You want to talk about primitive then there you go.

As Jo listed off some concerns yet again Zurg rolled his eyes and huffed. "Radiation? Jo, really. I may be an intergalactic tyrant, but even I know better than to poison my very own staff and conquered peoples. Irradiated Roswellians make for lethargic Roswellians. No, no radiation. The core is surrounded by at least five solid inches of teryllium-carbonic alloy. It was the densest we could have made it without fear of overdoing it. And as for power shutdowns? Only if you remove all four of the rods. All four have to be removed, otherwise the core will enter a power-saving mode. Four rods for optimum power, less to scale it back. And in the event you remove all four?" He did a polite laugh. "You're a fool if you do that. The core will enter a shutdown phase and retract whatever it had produced back into itself. It's a safety mechanism, but we're currently developing new cores with different approaches. The latest one we managed to complete can be programmed to incorporation different design schematics and it doesn't uninstall the establishment once all four rods are removed. Rather, it disconnects all power to that area instead. A much better liability policy, if I may say so."

The reason being for this change? When Buzz Lightyear defeated the first core, Zurg had watched in dismay as the entire layout of his latest overtaken world was collapsed back into the world's original state. All that hard work, gone, and all because of pulling out those pesky rods. No, sir. Zurg learned his lesson and the core at the factory was living proof of that.

(Pardon my language but: fuck, I ain't EVER working fast food ever again.)

Jo Pistonne
    Zettabyte

Zettabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Jo Pistonne on Wed Jul 27, 2011 3:01 pm

Wasn't there this whole rulebook on bad guy etiquette that a villain had to follow? Jo seemed to recall someone, maybe Drakken, mentioning it before. Was it universal or did each villain have their own code? Comparing people like Prix, Barry and Zurg, it had to be that they each followed their own personal set of rules.

"So out of all the places you conquer, how many do you actually get to keep?" Because the way he was talking about Roswell, it sounded like it had been wrested from his control, no doubt by Buzz Lightyear. (The mechanic took a moment to wonder why it had to be Buzz who foiled Zurg's plans and not any other space ranger. What, were they all Bathyosian fish food compared to Buzz?) She could only grin at his admission. "Tradeworld's got a lot of strange folk. You learn to adapt after awhile." Law of the jungle; survive or get wasted. A hard truth on Tradeworld.

"Just trying to cover all the bases, Big Z!" She didn't think he'd want to harm his minions like that anyway. Use them as bowling pins and torture, maybe, but not subject them to harmful chemicals ant the like.

"Speaking of bases, we've barely covered any of them!" Cuddling and massages was the only thing that really came close. Other than that, nada. But Jo was actually perfectly fine with just the cuddling and making dirty jokes. She was comfortable around him and they never argued about silly things unless it was for fun.

But back on topic. Jo nodded, listening to him list off the details. It actually sounded like a nifty contraption! At least it would only shut down on power and not completely dismantle the building once it was done. All that hard work made easy for nothing. "I've got a few ideas on what I'm looking for, so if we go through these three houses without me finding it, I'm game!"

The mechanic glanced down at her folder, then tugged at his arm, taking him a few paces back. "Whoops, we overshot a bit! This is our next house." She pointed to a cluster of houses grouped together, then grinned. "Can you guess which one we'll be checking out?"

If you guess right, you'll get a kiss~!

(( My sentiments exactly. But life sometimes throws you a hard ball. *sigh* ))
    Zurg
    Administrator

Administrator

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Zurg on Wed Jul 27, 2011 3:26 pm

That's right. A code of conduct typically depended on the villain, but some villains did share the same ethics and viewpoints. Hence why the orders: Lawful Evil, Neutral Evil, and Chaotic Evil were created. Aren't you glad Zurg was Neutral Evil? Best of both worlds, faults of none.

Again, he chuckled at her question and Zurg respond back truthfully. "Hm, hm~! When people think of conquering worlds they often times think that it's for permanent plans! Not so, as you will find out. Yes, I've captured a few planets and planetoids here or there, but I hardly keep a world for very long. There are different methods of control, Jo, and some last longer than others. Typically worlds I want to keep are far away from lawful forces and are often times devoid of sentient life." It was less of a hassle that way, but there were times he also subjugated a world with people as well. Not every world was covered with civilization, naturally, as life was a rare phenomenon indeed. And it was true, really! Zurg only budged for Buzz Lightyear; only him! Any other Space Ranger and the alien simply scowled and fried them. Buzz Lightyear would always have a special place in his heart... The Serviceman sighed out of longing, and shoved the painful thought aside. He really missed Lightyear...

Suddenly, bases. "Bases?" Zurg repeated, not getting it instantly. "O-Oh, right! Those bases." Cuddling and massaging were just fine and dandy for him, but he knew better. Jo was a human. Humans had urges. Humans were also fairly horny. And they didn't have horns! They really had no excuse, but he understood. There would come a time when Jo wanted to do something other than cuddling or massages, and the alien feared if he would be ready by then. Yes, he would really love to spend the rest of his life with Jo, don't get him wrong, but... he also matured at an exceptionally slow rate! Jo was already an adult, and him? Barely older than a teenager. "I... I rather like staying in the dugout, myself. That way the balls won't have a chance to knock my brain out! Aha~!" A somewhat forced positive attitude as he really wasn't comfortable with the bases themselves. He barely left the home plate or even swung the damn bat, let alone remember what the bases were! What were they again...?

While thinking through all of that and strolling on aimlessly along the sidewalk, he had failed to notice that they had overshot their destination! Then again, Jo was the one supposedly leading and knew what the houses looked like. He didn't! Houses? What? The Serviceman turned when directed and immediately his shoulders perked up just a little. Oho, find the house, was it? With a beyond confident smile he pointed to... the beige one. "It's totally the beige one, Jo, because almost ALL the houses you've picked have a beige theme!" .....What?

NAH, HE WAS JUST MESSING WITH YOU!

Laughing he redirected his finger over towards the purple one and he clapped excitedly. "I like it! I didn't even know human houses were allowed to be painted purple!" And no, he wasn't saying he liked it because it was purple. He had some valid reasons, give him a chance! "It still conforms just a little, but I've never seen this style of house before. I rather prefer it over the last two house designs. The angles and ridges give it more personality than just simple walls and square build! Let's go inside!"

Hooray for a purple house, and a kiss!

(Don't worry, Jo. I'm sure you'll find your higher calling some day. It may not be today, or even tomorrow-day, but it will happen!)

Jo Pistonne
    Zettabyte

Zettabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Jo Pistonne on Wed Jul 27, 2011 4:00 pm

Neutral was always the way to go!

"It's not permanent?" Jo for one was surprised. She knew he hadn't had a lot of planets under his control back in their galaxy, but maybe that only counted for planets close to the Galactic Alliance's borders. Who knew what went on beyond the Fringe or in all those unexplored corners of their galaxy? And there he went sighing. Remembering the glory days and Buzz Lightyear no doubt. Jo rubbed his arm and squeezed his hand in soothing gestures.

Ah, but Jo could be patient if she put her mind to it. Especially whenever it concerned something important -- or someone important. She could wait for Zurg, because he was worth it. He was different from all the other guys, human and alien alike. And despite being a villain, by the cosmos, he had a better personality than a lot of guys she'd met over the years. No, Zurg was the first person besides her family that she could honestly say she loved and if that meant decades of celibacy she would take it like cold medicine. That stuff tasted so gross!

"Remind me to never take you out to a grav-ball game. Those balls can be lethal! Better wear a helmet when you're gonna watch the Beta Bills duke it out with someone!" Ahh, Jo missed rooting for her home team! Blast it, sometimes she wished she'd never left Tradeworld and grav-ball was one of those reasons.

Wait, the beige one?! He was messing with her, wasn't he? The mechanic gave him her best oh-no-you-didn't look before he burst out laughing and pointed to the purple one. Thank the cosmos or else Jo would've been forced to deal out some hurt. "When I saw it, I thought of you, so of course I added it to my list," she confessed, giving him a kiss on the cheek like she promised. "It might not be as roomy as the other ones and in the narrow side, but let's check it out to make sure! The brochure says that the couple who wants to sell it left all their furniture inside to make it look more aesthetic."

Up the stairs they went and past the porch and front door, entering the house and settling in the front hall. You could tell from the get-go that the house was old, just by looking at the staircase and furniture. Deep brown and polished to a shine, with gilded picture frames and softly-painted lilac walls.

"Sure looks different from the other houses so far!" Jo suddenly imagined a hunched, old lady coming down the stairs. It seemed to fit this... elderly kind of air in hr opinion. Not a bad thing, but the place felt like it had loads of history to it!

(( Some day, some day... I just hope it's soon-soon, not soon! ))
    Zurg
    Administrator

Administrator

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Zurg on Wed Jul 27, 2011 4:26 pm

Neutral, no brakes!

"Of course not, Jo!" Zurg remarked as he fanned a hand. "Sure, I claimed a world but once that world had no purpose... I really just vacated it. This typically happened when minerals were depleted. As for worlds with actual inhabitants? I could either forcefully dominate them with brute oppression, or..." He chuckled again and felt positively wicked. This was one of his more favourite options of control. "I instigate a rebellion within the indignant populace, let them have war, sell them items of destruction to both sides, and when they are both done fighting... I then offer assistance via some daughter company and rebuild the world to my liking. It's particularly great to crash stock markets." Naturally this method required some more time and effort, but it was drastically more discreet. Didn't want the headline all over the Galactic Alliance? Then he didn't use sheer firepower! When the alien stated he had his fingers in all the pie, he really did. Whoever said that the Evil Emperor Zurg was always a prominent figure that didn't take time to linger in the shadows, pulling the strings to get what he wanted? Her physical contact also got another bit of information out of him; one he divulged without concern. "The worst thing about conquering worlds is not that I orchestrate their downfalls." He began, patting her hand. "...But actually the number of corrupt politicians who will do anything to get ahead. It never ceased to amaze me how these legislators would turn in their own kind for personal gain. If you did that on my world you were shamed. And your entire family."

Which prompted the popular phrase from him: Innocent politicians? Don't be so oxymoronic!

And he knew Jo was a good person. A good, kind, and understanding person. To be honest Zurg hadn't had a lot of experience with the female kind. When he was with his people there was barely time to mingle with the sexes, and when he was the Evil Emperor there was barely any time as well. That, and the women back on his world were nothing like outsider women and vice versa. The forced outing with Vicki Vortex didn't count -- the woman was just awful and cruel, getting him to silently bend to her whim lest she blabbed about something. Eating lipstick wasn't exactly something he wanted the entire galaxy to know about! As for family, well... he never really did have family. Family for his people had a warped sense of the word. Because of that, any close friends Zurg made were considered to be his family; that was why he made so few and acted differently around them. It was also why he was confused around them as he had yet to properly understand a concept of family, but he was making progress. This punishment was helping out in more ways than one!

Of course there was then Jo, who was officially the very first outsider he loved. Lightyear, you know it was just a friendly bit of rivalry! And who was Jo kidding! He knew very well that she couldn't wait another hundred years. If she wanted to go the celibate route, she might as well join a nunnery and become Sister Josephine! That's how long it was going to take if they both waited for his natural maturation. Which wasn't exactly fair, and he didn't want to make Jo disgruntled...

Bah, this was hard thinking! House first, intimacy later.

But the kiss was nice~! He blushed at it and rubbed his cheek, feeling slightly bashful. Did he ever mention how wonderful it felt to have lips pressed against his skin? There wasn't quite another sensation like it! Well, besides fish lips. But he ate those.

In they went, up the stairs and into the woods to Grandma's house -- literally. The furniture, the decoration, just... everything fit the bill for an elderly person and Zurg glanced all around. "They weren't kidding when they said they left their furniture for aesthetic reasons." Looked very historical and... dated. Still, it had a lovely aura about it. He particularly liked the spacing. "I do fancy the narrowness and the vintage feel, but what about you? We don't exactly come from an antique galaxy." He finished with a light snicker.

Maybe it was a bit too old, we're talking as old as him, but the feel was very homely.

(Soon-soon is better than soon! Or, if you're Blizzard, the people who do WoW, soon can be... years....)

Current date/time is Sun Nov 19, 2017 10:47 pm