Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Re: The Home of Our Dreams

Post by Jo Pistonne on Tue Jul 26, 2011 5:13 am

Jo wasn't that bad in directions! She knew where all the important bits and pieces went, so that's all that really mattered, right?

Oh, so he liked the blue, did he? Jo did too, actually, and she hoped they could find more houses with blue walls in them. The stairs were in front of them, a closet to the right, and Jo would examine the upper floor later. For now, she patted Zurg's arm and assured him that she'd mind his tastes and avoid the bright houses from now on. Now, what else could they do?

Oh, right, explore!

Jo pulled out the manila folder again, checking out the house's details. This house even came with a floor plan, which would make exploring it much easier. Although something didn't seem quite right!

With a small frown, Jo turned to the right to see what the first room was, and it was lo and behold the master bedroom! The walls were the same blue, at least, but the mechanic hadn't figured that there would be bedrooms on the ground floor. She checked the second room, another bedroom, and across from it was the bathroom, complete with a tub, a shower, a sink, a toilet, and space to place a washing machine and a dryer. Well. that was convenient, at least, but she couldn't help but wince at their close proximity to the bedrooms.

Further on, the living room and the kitchen were one big space, simply separated by furniture. There was a fireplace in the living room's corner, and the kitchen doubled as a dining room at the same time. The mechanic made a face and a thoughtful sound, putting her hand below her chin. She wasn't sure if she liked this house so far. How was it a two-story house if the bedrooms were on the ground floor? What was on the second floor?

"What do you think, Big Z?" When in doubt, ask the one with an actual sense of taste for fashion and decor.
    Zurg
    Administrator

Administrator

Level : 60

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Zurg on Tue Jul 26, 2011 5:21 am

What important bits and pieces, and where did they go, exactly?

Exploring was what Zurg-thingies did best, and the alien was already stomping back and forth through the entire first floor. He, too, did not see what was the point of a bathroom so close to the rooms but he ignored it for now. First, he surveyed the living room,. It was nice yes, and it opened up with the kitchen not too far off. Very roomy when you put it like that. Next, he went through each room. It was strange to see rooms on the first floor, and his reasons were a bit different from Jo's. He inspected closets, windows, nooks and crannies, and then lastly... he went into the bathroom, quickly gleaned over everything, and then sat in the -- yes, you guessed it -- bathtub. At least this one had an accompanying shower, but the bathtub was still much too small. Guess humans grew smaller and smaller by generation?

"It's not as fitted or modern as the last house, but it's got some charm to it." He called out, shifting his legs one over the other before returning to the front hall. "I didn't like the bedrooms so close to the bathroom and kitchen area, and I can't understand why they are on the first floor if there's a second. You sure you're reading that floor plan correctly? Something doesn't seem right." What if the bedrooms and bathroom on the plan were indicating to be on the second floor and not the first? If that were the case, then... they just dun goofed thinking everything was on the first! It could be possible, you know. Or, maybe... there was no second... in either case Zurg wanted to see the second level to be sure.

If she were correct, however, then they'd need to see the second floor just to see.

In unity, before the Nine, I softly speak in #669999.
    But, in One's animosity, I hold command in #99FF00.
    Jo Pistonne
    Zettabyte

Zettabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Jo Pistonne on Tue Jul 26, 2011 5:41 am

You see, Big Z, when a man and a woman love each other very much... but we promised this would be G-rated~!

Jo had to admit she preferred it to the first house. It seemed closer to home and what she was looking for. It had a nice, homey feel to it, despite the rather weird layout. She checked the floor plans again. They corresponded to the rooms perfectly. How strange. Why did the details call this house a two-story house if the bedrooms were down here?

The kitchen had a nice balcony door that led outside to the back yard. The house's rear view was also pretty good, but Jo checked that out on her own so Zurg's eyes didn't start acting up again while he continued to explore every nook and cranny.

When she entered the house, she found him in the bathtub again. He seemed to be especially fond of tubs for some reason, but she found it endearing in its own way. He promptly got out and voiced his concerns and Jo had to agree with him. "The details specifically state that this is a two-story house. Width and depth are both 42'0", square feet is at 1126, it's got two bedrooms, one bathroom, a garage bay, and it's two stories." She pulled out the floor plans to the second floor, astonished to only see what looked like an attic. "I guess I got duped by the wording... two-story my bruuka!"

She gave him the floor plan, then climbed up the stairs to get an actual look herself.
    Zurg
    Administrator

Administrator

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Zurg on Tue Jul 26, 2011 5:52 am

AUUUUUGH, NOT THE BIRDS AND THE BEES.

Zurg preferred this house, too, if only because it felt a bit more... natural, if that could be the term used here. However, something still wasn't right. While Jo was about having herself a look, he had the floor plans and lo and behold! It all made sense to him even with his glasses on. How come Jo didn't see it!? With a sigh he went up with her, and didn't tell her about the attic -- which, technically, was a second level seeing at how roomy and spacious it was. Now at her side, he waited for her to discover the surprise herself and he only shook his head at her naivety.

"It says two-story, so this attic counts as a second story. That would explain why everything was on the first, Jo. Learn to read." To express his calm incredulity he held up the flat side of his palm and lightly tapped her forehead with it.

Donk! Should have had a V8.

Done ridiculing her, the alien roamed his eyes around the attic and pulled at his shirt's collar. "It's a tad stuffy in here. I don't see any ventilation so air doesn't travel up into this attic. It would have made for a good storage space or studio, but come summer time? You can forget it. I'll be heading back down. It's cooler there." And down he went, his steps echoing and growing softer by the second.

Jo Pistonne
    Zettabyte

Zettabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Jo Pistonne on Tue Jul 26, 2011 6:12 am

It was indeed an attic. A large, spacious attic with one window, but an attic nonetheless. And in the heat of summer, it was stifling in here! She could just hear Zurg's disappointment in her in his sigh. As if him giving her a small tap on the head wasn't bad enough. She felt shamed, like a little girl again who'd messed up and was being scolded for it, although she barely remembered being scolded. She didn't remember much before six.

She nodded and watched him go downstairs, then lingered for a bit longer, checking her folder. She didn't want to make the same mistake twice. She found a few more floor plans and shoved them in the back of the pile. They had the same format as this house, deceptive two-story wannabes, so they didn't have to waste their time in checking them out.

She climbed down the stairs, her boots clumping heavily upon the carpet. "We can go now. There's nothing more to see here." Looking down at the folder once again, she suggested they go see some houses on the city's outskirts now before moving to the other suburban area. "And this time I'll make sure to read the stories right," she said with a weak laugh.

Oh, how embarrassing.
    Zurg
    Administrator

Administrator

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Zurg on Tue Jul 26, 2011 6:25 am

Oh, Jo, don't take it so hard! It's not like the mechanic failed a robotics examination, or anything actually important important. Although, as a mechanic shouldn't she be able to read such blueprints? Or, were those for contractors. In any case, Zurg was down at the front hall waiting for her and it was painfully obvious that the woman felt bothered. Possibly hot and bothered once the sun really came out. Or with just Zurg wearing this tie. Who knew?

"Jo, really." He addressed her lightly, verbally indicating that there was nothing to be apprehensive about. She could lower her forward shields! "It was an honest mistake. Neither you or me know about houses, so how were we to know? Besides..." He opened the door for her again so she could walk out effortlessly. "If you wanted a one-story, you won't hear me objecting. It's your house. The only advice I can give is you keeping an open mind about what you'd like, that's all." Despite him having his quips, he really meant no harm. Perhaps he should tone those down. Jo really did consider his words, after all. Maybe they were starting to weigh her down and he didn't want that.

Sensing that Jo need a bit more of a pick-me-up, he rubbed the back of his head and tried his hand at singing a different tune. "Buuuuut~! It wasn't so bad, despite the first level. I mean, it had more charm to it than the first and it actually looked very well-kept. At the rate we're going, perhaps you shall find your house yet! Maybe the third will be the trick, mm?" Wow, talking positive was a lot of work!

Jo Pistonne
    Zettabyte

Zettabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Jo Pistonne on Tue Jul 26, 2011 6:36 am

House blueprints were similar but not by much to the blueprints she was used to reading! And in her defense, she hadn't even checked the house plans until they got into the house itself! A poor excuse, but a valid one nonetheless. And she was bothered, but nowhere near hot and bothered as of yet. That tie really did the trick, though...

Oh, was he trying to cheer her up just because she looked a little glum? She'd get better in a minute or two, but his concern was touching. Look how hard he tried for her! He really deserved a medal, or at the least a kiss for his effort~!

"Oh, no, I want a two-story house, definitely. But thanks! I'll keep an open mind." She gave his arm a light, comrade-like punch. "And thanks for trying to cheer me up there. Don't try to puke at all the niceties! I'll agree with you, this place was more charming than the first. We must be on the right track, huh?"

She stood up on tiptoe and indeed gave him a kiss on the cheek for his effort. "Now on we march! To the bus station and to the -- uh!" She looked down at her other leaflet. "Pixel Plaza!"

All these street names were strange and computer-sounding...
    Zurg
    Administrator

Administrator

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Zurg on Tue Jul 26, 2011 6:58 am

A punch that made his eyes cross in imaginary pain and a kiss later, he'd say the day was progressing fairly well. "Don't mention it, Jo, but you should be aware; when I spew forth happy things, the universe stands on its head! I never told you the one time I tried to use positive encouragement for my grubs. Management said it would boost productivity, but the only thing it boosted was my blood pressure." And when Zurg's blood pressure was through the stellar roof no one could be happy. He just had that effect on people. And speaking of boosting... they were going to ride the bus? Uh-oh. But he had no money to ride the bus! And he didn't have an ID that allowed him free bus fare, either! Red, you cheapskate. "I hope the bus ticket won't be too expensive... I'll pay you back once I get my check in. I promise." In fact, he should be getting it after today, come to think of it.

Pixel Plaza? What next? Router Road? This place was just overkill sometimes.

Jo Pistonne
    Zettabyte

Zettabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Jo Pistonne on Tue Jul 26, 2011 7:19 am

So there was no difference in productivity? What a shame! Maybe Zurg trying to be nice and encouraging in the past hasn't really worked, but it worked like a charm on her. Maybe he just needed the right person, or the right amount of time had to pass so he could get used to it. You know what they say about wines. They become better with age~

"You really need to learn how to control your blood pressure. It's not good for the little one!" She gave him a saucy wink and ran off. The best thing about the way she said that was that it could be taken in more ways than one! Yes, this RPer was corrupted beyond hope now. She blames Portal Breach for everything.

"Oh, don't worry about it! Tickets are pretty cheap, it's no problem at all." Like the lemonade for a buck, eh? But she did like the lemonade.

They had to go back to Breaker Circle in order to catch the bus that would take them to where they had to go. Jo had one house she wanted to check out there, then a couple more in the suburbs on the other side of the city. Their house-hunting should be done in a few hours or so. Jo wondered what time it was now...
    Zurg
    Administrator

Administrator

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Zurg on Tue Jul 26, 2011 7:31 am

Wine? Personally the Serviceman preferred x'uurmaak. Mm, MM! The better the feed, the better the load! "When you have to manage as much as I do and for so long, I'd like to see your blood pressure, too! And what little one?" Little what? What was Jo talking about. He looked around him, even going so far as to spinning in a circle as if he had lost something, and just couldn't comprehend what Jo mea -- oh. OH. That took him a while, but he got it and he got it good. "I... don't think it quite works that way for us. Vascular system is not as inept." It also took him a while to realize that... Jo had most likely been saying dirty things all day and he hadn't noticed! Oh, Cosmos, was he pathetic! Now it was his turn to be embarrassed and the alien just promptly shut it. Maybe if he kept quiet she wouldn't have any fuel to work with. And... was she referring to that like it was a baby? Awkwaaaaaaard Abby.

Life must have been showing him some pity, because it didn't take long to reach Breaker Circle again and he just stood there, eagerly awaiting the bus like it was some saviour. Corrupted or not, Jo was on the move today! He was going to have to spray some smells she didn't like in order to deter her. Wonder if she didn't like lavender? He certainly didn't. It gave him allergic reactions! Would explain the soap he bit into produced lumps on his tongue...

Jo Pistonne
    Zettabyte

Zettabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Jo Pistonne on Tue Jul 26, 2011 8:15 am

Jo snorted and waved a hand. "No thanks! I'd rather be carefree and have no stress than to get landed with all the responsibilities you have." And she could tell just by the look on his face what kind of thought process he was going through. Ohoho, it was so amusing to watch!

The bus rolled by after ten minutes of small chat. Jo paid for the tickets and moved towards the back of the bus, sitting down on a seat that had a tear running up the back. "it should take us twenty minutes to get there. So... what do you think of the houses we've seen so far?"

She wondered what he would look for in a house if given the chance.
    Zurg
    Administrator

Administrator

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Zurg on Tue Jul 26, 2011 8:31 am

Oh, he just knew Jo was just loving to see him sputter at her sly remarks. Well, sue him (not really)! His people weren't so... so dirty-minded, and as a ruler he had to think above the average cut. Using sneaky innuendos wasn't part of the whole packaged deal. Still, they were kind of funny when he thought of one... Took him extra brain power, however.

You know, this was the strangest ten minutes of chatting ever. Well, for the day. Let's not exaggerate here.

They went on the bus, Jo paid, and Zurg mentally told himself to pay her back later. She of course chose a seat with some... tear down the middle -- in which he made a small face at -- but they sat down regardless and he kept his hands upon his lap, intertwined. "You know, besides the Prixbus, this is the first outsider public bus I've ridden in my life. Ever. Can't say I'm... rather used to such transportation." Like the smells, the dingy arrangements, the... used gum under the seats and handles. This was exactly why he hadn't touched anything on the filthy vehicle. Ugh, disgusting. Call him an otherworldly snob, but this was just gross. At least Jo kept him sane by asking some questions, and he more than happily thought about how to respond.

"Out of the two? Well... I liked the upgrades it the first house, but I otherwise did not care too much for it." He began, getting comfortable. How come there were no seat belts... "It was bland, boring, and conforming. I hate conforming. I really do. If I can't show personality, I'm not bothering. That's why I liked the second better. The layout was strange, but it felt more like a home you could own and say that it was yours proudly. A bit dated, yes, but it had more spunk. What about you?" He glanced down at her, nudging her with his shoulder. "What did you think? You're the one looking for the house! If I wanted a home I'd just conquer someone's land and build a fortress over it. Simple. No taxes, no mortgage. Done."

Oh, the mind of an intergalactic overlord at times...

Jo Pistonne
    Zettabyte

Zettabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Jo Pistonne on Tue Jul 26, 2011 10:49 am

She could tell he wasn't used to the polar opposite of finery, but this was how buses were like! Graffiti, tears, gum, the works. It was almost like back on Tradeworld, just that this bus was definitely cleaner. "Hah, if you think this is dirty, you should take a spin down on Tradeworld sometime! These buses are spotless compared to them."

She leaned against him and watched the houses roll by outside the half-open window. She also nodded when he mentioned conforming. She hated conforming too. Maybe that was why she'd lost some of her jobs way back when. She chuckled when he nudged her. "I liked the second, despite the funky layout. If it hadn't been so wonky, I might have chosen that one!"

She stretched her arms high above her head, yawned, and got a little more comfortable, loosely hugging one of his arms as she leaned her head against him. "It had more character to speak of more than the first did. And a fortress has plenty of character," she stated with a straight face, even managing to hold it in place for a little before cracking another grin. "But it had more of what I was looking for. I think I'm really liking the color... blue! And no, I ain't biased just because it's my favorite color," she defended. "It's easier on your eyes, so that's always a perk. I can't have you on the brink of a seizure every time you com to visit."

The bus passed into the first outskirts of the city. That meant that they'd have to get off soon, but Jo decided she'd relax and enjoy this bus ride a little longer. It was nice to see everything just flash by the window without a care.

(( I fell asleep right before I could click send! I'm so sorry! See you tomorrow! Or technically later today... gotta run to work on like two hours of sleep, hah! ))
    Zurg
    Administrator

Administrator

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Zurg on Tue Jul 26, 2011 3:53 pm

Oh, he thought this was plenty dirty, alright. But there was dirtier? A noise escaped is throat, and Zurg said no more on the matter. If he did, he'd probably build all new buses for the city and give them away for free since he despised these so much. Oh, what he would do to keep his sanity intact and remotely operational at times.

Whereas she leaned upon him, he leaned upon the window and watched with weepy eyes as the world went on along. Houses, yards, kids, pets; life, he guessed. Just... not a life he was accustomed to. It was so strange... Working around a clock, getting up at the same time, going to bed at the same time, shuffling back and forth as the days became a blur. It... It wasn't for him, no. He didn't like being a cog in some machine not of his own doing. It didn't feel right. How could Jo live like this? How could people live like this? If Jo was going to choose a house and if people were expecting him to quit as he had thought, then... what would he do? He had to do something; couch potato was a foreign word to him! What would he do...

Perhaps out of worry or perhaps out of insecurity, the Serviceman reached over with a hand and quietly held one of Jo's own, the man still looking out at a world he wasn't sure he wanted to be part of just yet. It just didn't feel right...

"At least you are starting to get on the right track, Jo." He told her, briefly watching a few adults walk by with... their dog, he guessed. What was the point in that? "I'm sure you'll find something similar to your tastes, and don't limit them because of me! I can adapt just as easily. No need to shorten your options for the long-term run." Her favourite colour was blue? Huh, he never knew that. The more you know, the more you know.

Zurg was just content to watch the strange world go about its ministrations, and somehow... the alien almost wanted no part in it while a piece of him did. He'll have to think about a few more things soon.

(Oh, Jo, shame on you! Working on two hours is terribad! Should go to bed earlier! Posting can wait.)

Jo Pistonne
    Zettabyte

Zettabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Jo Pistonne on Tue Jul 26, 2011 4:23 pm

Jo giggled at the sound; she really liked all those little noises he made to express his feelings. They sounded very nice to her for some reason. "Just try not to think about it too much, Big Z. And maybe then it'll go away." It wasn't like the filth would just get up and go if he willed it to, but out of sight, out of mind, right?

Jo saw the normalcy outside the window too, rolling past them like words on a holoscreen. She was both wistful and apprehensive of what she saw. This was life, the way she lived it, the same mundane stream of events every day. But ever since coming to Portal Breach, her normal pattern had been completely overturned. Sure, she had set up shop and gotten back to working like she used to, but her routine, though pretty straightforward, was far more flexible. You never knew what would happen from one day to the next. What calamity would strike them next? Another Glitch-X? Another Mr. Dark? Another Portal-O? Another Hanna? The threats never seemed to end sometimes, and she had caught herself more than once wishing for normalcy. But that was also hypocritical of her, wasn't it? Hadn't she been bored out of her mind at one point the previous year, longing for something "exciting" to happen? She snorted and slumped. Oh, how the times changed, playing tricks on you at times.

But she felt Zurg grasp for her hand, and she squeezed it back in reassurance. He seemed a little on edge for some reason. "Oh, nah, I won't limit them. I'll just adapt too! Who said you need to cut down just because of me? Silly! I can cut down just as easily too." But her look turned serious for a moment. She jabbed her forefinger into his chest. "Just don't ask me to give up burritos. They are vital for my survival. They are my sustenance, my lifeforce! Got that?"

(( Hi, break at work now! I'll take a nap when I get back home so that should set things right. DX ))

Current date/time is Sun Nov 19, 2017 10:59 pm