Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Re: The Home of Our Dreams

Post by Jo Pistonne on Sun Jul 31, 2011 3:49 am

She totally heard him crash on the stairs. Totally. But back to the present...

Jo giggled and turned round in the tub, trying to find a better position so she could get a good look of his outraged face. She bet he'd start screaming something about personal space or other. "Sorry!" She twisted around and turned to face him, finally supporting herself on her knees as she gripped the edges of the bathtub with both hands, grinning down at him. "There, I think I've gotten comfortable now."

But when she looked down at him, he seemed to be thinking about something really hard. And more specifically, staring at her really hard. She wondered what was up and whether there was something over her shoulder or on her face, but then he went and did the darnest thing. Carefully, and ever so gently, he lifted a hand to cup her cheek, and she felt her breath catch in her throat. His hand was so warm, so soft, so gentle and caring. She almost wanted to cover her hand with his, or bring this moment another significance. She suddenly wanted to kiss him, or press her forehead against his and just hold him close and breathe in his scent and let him know that she'd never stopped caring or loving him.

But he let his hand fall, and the moment was gone. Not entirely, though. She could still feel the lingering warmth and tingling of her skin, and her face grew hot when he spoke. Break. How she'd come to resent that word. And she wanted to fix it and... tell him. But was it the right time? It felt like it, but would he accept it?

She sat back on her knees, then fumbled for something in her pocket. C'mon, Jo, focus!

"About the break..." The word even tasted like bile in her mouth. She kept rummaging around her pocket, however, until she produced something clasped tightly in her fist, but it wasn't visible yet with her fingers curled around it. She drew a deep breath, then exhaled once before taking one of his hands and pressing whatever she was hiding in his palm. She folded his fingers around it, then clasped her hand over his.

"I'm sorry. I wanted so many times to tell you how sorry I was and how I wished I'd never said such mean and hurtful things when they weren't true. I don't hate you, I could never hate you... I hated myself for too being weak and I had no right to lash out at you." Here, she drew another deep breath before releasing his hands. "I forgave you the second the words left my mouth. Will you forgive me?"

When he opened his hand, he'd find a totem curled in his palm; small miniatures of themselves shaking hands, a totem of forgiveness.

(( This was so hard to write! DX ))
    Zurg
    Administrator

Administrator

Level : 60

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Zurg on Sun Jul 31, 2011 4:22 am

Oh, that was just stupid... Okay, so you love the girl. That's great. You didn't have to go and touch her, thinking she would be just hunky-dory with it. What, you forget your sense of etiquette and rules here? A break meant a break, and she hadn't -- well -- explicitly said she wanted to get back together. He, er, didn't either but seeing as how he was the antagonizing party? She called the shots this time. And if she didn't want to take him back, then... It pained him to think this, but if she didn't want to take him back then he would accept that to. But... why would she do that? Remember the day back at the inn? With Proxy's task? Sure you do. C'mon, focus. For all the trouble he was worth Zurg was a 6'6" walking pile of confusion and clumsiness. Why did he always doubt himself about this subject? She loved him, he loved her! End of story. Short, sweet, how I like it. So... what was the issue?

"I'm really sorry, Jo. It was an impulse." Now look. You made the girl go and appear flustered. Or... was she upset. He couldn't tell at times with humans and their faces. "I shouldn't have done that, and... it won't happen again." How could he have been so careless? Touch was a powerful thing, so why was he going around messing with things he had no business in? Maybe he just made a big mistake...

Cosmos, he kind of sounded like Overcast when she was upset. All this back and forth talk with himself. (not an insult to OV at all)

In his wholesome desire to just be atomized into a soft, lilac soot pile he had briefly taken his eyes -- as well as his confidence -- off of Jo. Totally out of character. He should be ashamed. She didn't ask for it, and he didn't ask for permission. Humans may accept touch without consent from one another, but his kind sure didn't. Ugh, he was starting to think that his culture was really holding him back at times -- ? Huh?

All inner debating stopped when Jo began to whisper something, the mechanic placing something within his... hands? What was... this? It felt smooth yet coarse, and it was light. Hollow? No, just light. What was it? All he could see was a little block, something brown, and he squinted as hard as he could. Darn eyes. He was as blind as a bat when it came to things up close. He needed his glasses. Where were his... ah, here they were. He breathed a hot puff of air to clean them and Zurg carefully placed them over his eyes. What he had been holding, however, was completely unexpected. The moment he saw it his eyes went wide for a split second, and the alien controlled his facial expressions as to not give his mind away. "A totem..." Yes, a totem. As he said the word his eyes softened and a slight smile conquered his previously shocked expression. Gentle chuckling was also heard, and Zurg rotated the piece of finely-crafted wood to inspect it carefully. "Ah, either you are trying to give me your prized herd after you insulted my mother and called her a fat piece of lard that only the flies would lay upon, or..." Or? Go on, say it. It took a lot of strength for her to give it to you and apologize, so you could do the same. "...or, you are finally forgiving me."

She was finally forgiving him after what he had done.

Now it was Jo's turn to be stupefied and without any warning the alien suddenly reached up with both arms and dragged the woman down into a tight embrace. With his hands he kept them drawn to her back as he rubbed her affectionately, and yes, yearningly. Oh, what had happened on that day was just... just terrible, and he was so glad that it could finally be put behind them both. If he could he would have kissed her, and for once in his life he outright cursed himself for being so... so different! Damn you evolution, and damn you Darwin, a man whose name he had never known! It was ironic, yes, that he had found love in a human; something so different from him and yet so alike. Some would call it cruel, others laudable, but in his mind... they were just beautiful together. He loved Jo, he loved her with all his heart (it did exist, believe it or not) and where words were just insufficient he let his actions speak for him.

So, instead, he simply sniffed into her hair with eyes squeezed shut and held her; held her as if she would disappear forever, or for whatever illogical-yet-imagined reason he could think of. And he could think of many, but right now... he just wanted to think about Jo, and that's all it took to make him truly happy.

Somehow, somewhere... a robot butler and a no-mouthed alien were winking their eyes at one another. You sly devils, you.

(No kidding! I ain't cut out for this romance stuff, and you try it with an evil villain character!)

In unity, before the Nine, I softly speak in #669999.
    But, in One's animosity, I hold command in #99FF00.
    Jo Pistonne
    Zettabyte

Zettabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Jo Pistonne on Sun Jul 31, 2011 4:45 am

"Shhh." Jo pressed her finger to his lower lip, smiling. "You don't have to apologize. I liked it." That close contact had been just what she needed for her to give him the totem. She'd actually been planning on giving it to him after they'd found a house, right at the end of this day's endeavors, slyly slipping it into a pocket so he could discover later. But... it had felt right to do it now. She couldn't rightly explain it, but she knew that they'd needed this.

She waited for him to find his glasses and spy what she'd carved resting in his hand. His eyes widened, but he quickly composed himself. Jo was actually glad she could read Zurg so openly at times. For all his self-control, she'd come to know when Zurg was being himself or when he was trying to hide what he was really feeling. His hammy ways didn't go unnoticed and she grinned. "Yes, that's exactly it, I insulted your mother."

But no, she was finally forgiving him. She'd already forgiven him long ago. But could he forgive her for all the hurt and pain she'd caused him now? She knew he was the Evil Emperor and there was no changing that. But maybe someday... someday he would just be Zurg, and she would just be Jo, and that would be all that mattered.

She knew he'd say or do something, but she hadn't quiet expected him to suddenly enfold her in his arms so tightly. He held onto her tightly, and all she could do was reciprocate the embrace, hugging him and burying her face into his chest. Her shoulders shook a bit, her eyes misting over, but she just kept her face pressed tightly to his chest as he pressed his face into her hair, reveling in this moment. She loved him, he loved her, and nothing would ever get between them again, not if she could help it.

After some time, she didn't know how long, she looked up at him. "Maybe... we should check out the rest of the place before someone walks in on us?" She grinned, a little sheepishly, a little giddily, not really wanting to let go but knowing that now, it wouldn't be for an indefinite time, because it wasn't really letting go of him. He'd always be there for her, and so would she.

(( I know what you mean! In fics, Zurg just doesn't want to be written properly unless it's at his own pace! XD ))
    Zurg
    Administrator

Administrator

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Zurg on Sun Jul 31, 2011 5:02 am

Yes, she was totally insulting his mother. At that he laughed, his chest rumbling in her face, and he kept on nuzzling her hair with a furrowed brow. Oh, Jo. You always made him feel so... alive. He would have thought human but, you know. It felt so good, too. It felt so good to finally have this invisible weight lifted off his shoulders. Jo probably knew what he was talking about. It was the weight of their regrets and mistakes, and how they were too afraid to make the wrong move. But it paid off in the end, to come clean with one another, and now the alien felt part of his shackles go. Not completely, but partially.

"Let them walk in on us." He whispered into her hair, a hand caressing the back of her head while the other was firmly upon her back. "All they will see is an alien and a human hugging one another in the bathtub with their clothes completely on. I think that's pretty harmless, and if things get pushy? Well, I can always scare them away with a light show of my eyes." Just thinking of the mental image produced an echoing chuckle from his gut, but Zurg ultimately agreed with Jo. They should get back to finding her dream home, and he promised he would help her. A promise was a promise, and there would always be another day for affection between the two of them.

Stroking her hair a few times, the alien gave her a small peck on the forehead and kept close. "Alright. We'll go see the rest of the house. After you, Jo." Once she got up he'd get up, and they could continue on with the day.

But perhaps... with a higher sense of cohesion.

(Oh, woman, you don't know the half of it. Ohhhhhh the stories I could tell you!)

Jo Pistonne
    Zettabyte

Zettabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Jo Pistonne on Sun Jul 31, 2011 5:27 am

Jo loved it when she hugged him and he laughed, because then she felt like her entire body was vibrating. It was such a ticklish feeling, and she laughed along with him, easing up a bit to plant a few small kisses along his brow and face. He might not be able to kiss, but Jo sure could, and since first base was out of the question, she'd settle for showing him her affection for him like this. She ended them with a last kiss against his lower lip, one she kept for longer than the rest before she nuzzled her face into the side of his neck.

"Completely harmless," she agreed with a smile. "Dirty talk and naughty jokes aside, there'll be time for that in the future. Not now." And with that, she tapped his lower lip, then shifted, attempting to get out of the bathtub. Cosmos, this actually would be a great bathtub to soak in after a hard day's work!

She looked around the rest of the bathroom which had two sinks, a toilet, and a roomy shower with see-through doors. It looked pretty good! The tiles were white with just a faint tinge of blue, adding to the blue effect that the house had.

"You definitely know how to pick bathrooms and tubs, Big Z!" she laughed, stretching. She wondered what time it was. Must be late afternoon by now. They'd been to a lot of places today!

She made her way to the final room, the master bedroom. She was surprised to see that it actually had two closets instead of one, separated by the door. The room was also pretty big too, with lots of space for a double-bed even and a desk or two. And now that she was standing in the bedroom, she noticed a cord hanging from the ceiling outside in the hallway. Curious, she went over to it and pulled on it, revealing a set of stairs that led up to a small attic with a window, probably the single top window they saw from outside.

"I think this house is kinda nice! Proxy would have a room all to himself, the living room's spacious, and the tub can fit you and me both! Does it pass your verdict, Dr. Z?" She turned to grin at him, still a little giddy from their recent reconciliation.

(( You and me both! Ever wonder why my fic is taking so long? He's the reason why! Oh, and work. But Zurg too! ))
    Zurg
    Administrator

Administrator

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Zurg on Sun Jul 31, 2011 5:45 am

He just loved it when she kissed him, her lips pressed against his heated skin. Never in his entire life had he felt a sensation quite like it -- why would he? His kind didn't know the act of kissing itself, and in this regards humans were darned lucky. Zurg made a childish sound as she tapped his lip, and he kept mum while she left the tub. It didn't take long for him to follow suit, and the alien's heavy bones could be heard popping and snapping. Oh, that felt good. "You will come to find, my dear Jo, that I have a taste for the exquisite. As a man who has ventured through many journeys, my eye is quite trusty when it concerns level of quality." Jo could take that however she pleased, but by no means was he carelessly referring to her like some thing. She meant so much more to him than that! Jo was of superior quality, however, and her spirit combined with character were proof of that.

Together they made it to the last room, the master bedroom, and the Serviceman made his rounds. Two closets struck him as odd, but perhaps they were separated for a reason? There was also the attic, which he dared not to enter just yet, and the alien finished snooping around. It was time to say what he thought.

"Well, as far as this house goes..." He began, walking over towards her with a casual stride, his hands held together before him. "I think it is one of the better choices so far. It's the right size for your needs, has a beyond creepy basement for your work, an attic for storage, working utilities, and... a rather nice bathtub." Of course he had to smile at that, but back to business. "I also find that it's not too stuffy in here even though the air is off and it's the middle of summer. I would know if it was." The elaborate he pointed to his horns briefly and continued his evaluation while walking around the room. "The location is also great -- nothing too far away like I worried, and nothing too far in as you worried. The locals aren't so bad; homogenous, but not so bad. And... I think it's a really great house for you, Jo. I... I really do think that this is the one." Finished with nothing else to say, Zurg gestured at everything and let his arms fall to his side with a slight clap on his thighs. "If you are set, get it. If you want to wait, however, I don't know if you will find another tailored to your means. It's up to you, Jo. OH! I have one more test."

Holding up a finger while flicking his sandals off, Zurg dug his purple toes into the carpet and practically melted away. "Ohhhh, plush carpet... so, so soft... It passes. Oh, it passes."

Can't believe it, but this house just got the Z-Seal of approval.

(It's always Zurg, you know. Or any other character you wish to work deeply with. For me, it was Zurg and getting the characters to come together.)

Jo Pistonne
    Zettabyte

Zettabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Jo Pistonne on Sun Jul 31, 2011 6:25 am

She didn't take that wrongly at all. In fact, she gave him a half-smile, leaning against the wall. "Oh, I don't doubt you have good taste in all areas." she said. "I've got a good eye for quality myself and I must have to say I'm enjoying the view~" Funny enough, Jo had never been a physically-driven person before Zurg. And what had initially drawn her to Zurg hadn't been his body. All that came afterwards. It was like after seeing his personality and getting to know him better, she found more and more things that she constantly liked about him. Sure, there were tons others who were more attractive than Zurg, but for Jo, Zurg topped them all.

"So is this your favorite house? The one we'll be deciding on?" She couldn't contain her excitement because she'd fallen in love with this house too, rapist's basement or no rapist's basement. She'd had her heart set on the fourth, but this one would serve after a good paint job! And for some reason, she liked the second floor being smaller than the ground floor. It added more dimension to the place!

And yes, he confirmed it. This was the one. The perfect house. Their dream house!

Jo let out a squeal of delight and hugged Zurg tightly, peppering him with kisses. "The sooner we can get it, the better! I don't think I'll find a better place and besides! It'll become our place once we actually fill it with furniture and all out stuff! You'll help me renovate it, won't you? I want your personal touch on every nook and cranny!" Was there a number in the leaflet they could call? Some sort of official person or whatever they were called?

Oh, and the carpet was soft. Jo stooped down to run her fingers through it, then even kicked off a boot to test it herself. Soooooo, soft. Yes, it passed. You could probably get down to some very interesting things on this carpet~

"Too bad it's only got two bedrooms. Looks like you'll either be bunking with me or sleeping on the couch whenever you come over," she teased. Hey, she'd been wanting to say for a while now.

(( And the characters sometimes have a mind of their own! You want to plan something one way but they put their foots down and make them hard to work with. ))
    Zurg
    Administrator

Administrator

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Zurg on Sun Jul 31, 2011 6:48 am

Like hell! Who was more attractive than Zurg!? Point him in the right direction and he'll give them free facial reconstruction surgery. WITH HIS FISTS. But, kidding, kidding. He wasn't that petty. Oho, but hearing that comment got the alien to stand there, perplexed, and he momentarily shifted his gaze to the window and back at Jo. The slight frown he wore sealed the deal. "You can see the view from in here? But... the curtains are down, Jo." Oh, Zurg. Don't change for the world, you nimrod.

When Jo shrieked out of delight he took a step backwards and jerked his head. Sounded like the woman was dying, and the way she attacked him, kissing him all over! "Okay, okay! You win! I concede defeat! You've bested me!" He laughed, holding her dearly into a hug before pulling back slightly. "Of course I'll help you spruce this place up. What, think I trust your tastes. Hmph." He pinched her nose between two fingers and gave it a playful wiggle before letting go. "You just say the word, and I'll help you." It'd be a daunting challenge, but together they could do it. With his eye for things and... her... well, whatever she did, they could accomplish anything! ...Nearly anything. Okay, maybe not anything, but pretty darn close to it. "And couch or bedroom?" He gave her this playful look and slowly smiled. "Generous offers, buuuuuuut I'll take the bathtub. It's quite cozy and just my kind of sleeping area. Rigid, firm, and secure. Oh, but you're than welcome to join me, if you wish." He added with a shrug. "Just don't expect it to be a peaceful sleep. Nothing like dozing off on clouds!"

And yes, there were many things they could do with the carpet. The most important, don't look children, was......... cleaning. Oh! You were thinking something else, weren't you? Naughty reader.

There was, however, one minor detail and Zurg wanted to clear it up so that nothing was left ambiguous. Her hands in his, he tried to word this as best he could. Basic language don't fail him now. "Jo..." The alien began softly. "This is going to be your house. I know you talk as if we're a part of this, but... the fact of the matter is, Jo, and I'm sorry to say this but... I'm not going to be a Serviceman forever. In fact, after your task is done I... get to go back to being an Evil Emperor. Fun, right?" He tried to find a smile, but it just wasn't forming. For once he dreaded going back entirely and Zurg let his chest deflate a little. Right. "I'm sorry I had to break it to you like this, Jo, but it's best you know now instead of later. This is your house, as I've said. You're paying for most of it, you're living in it, and you're... being independent because of it. Me? I'm just... a guest, really. I'll come over and visit, sure, but at the end of the day... this is your house. And... I want you to take confidence that you earned it yourself. I am proud of you, Jo." He then drew close and gave her a lingering "kiss" (a peck on the forehead) of his own, a gentle hand upon the back of her head, feeling the tresses of her hair, before he slowly pulled away for some space.

As much as he wanted to live with her, as much as he wanted to be there for her... this state he was in was just... temporary. Oh, he hoped she wouldn't take it bad or feel lost again. He would visit her, he promised. He would visit every week if he had to.

(If characters are unruly, you just gotta drag them by the horns -- so to speak -- and wrangle them to the floor! Anyway, that's it for me! Good night, Jo!)

Jo Pistonne
    Zettabyte

Zettabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Jo Pistonne on Sun Jul 31, 2011 8:01 am

Hah! Even when he was trying to be all macho, claiming he was the best-looking (even if it was just for laughs) he still didn't get some of the more obvious comments Jo made about his physique. She laughed, but didn't mind that he hadn't gotten it. Never change, Big Z, never change.

"I've got some tastes," she insisted with a small pouted, but the both knew Zurg was right. Left to her own decorating devices, Jo would not make the place a very comfortable home. Knowing her, she'd only pay attention to detail where her workshop was concerned, and as for the rest of the house? Clothes and junk everywhere, just like the inn. Only now she'd have more space to spread the mess around, so it wouldn't look that clustered.

Oh, he'd take the bathtub, would he? An evil grin made its way onto her face. "Careful, I might just take up that offer! And when it'd be time for my daily bathing ritual, you'd either have to move out or join in the fun~" Besides, if they did ever sleep in the tub, she'd just sleep on him. He was comfortable like that. Oh, and the carpet was excellent for more naughty things, boys and girls. Don't let Big Z trick you with his heathen notions of cleaning.

But all jokes side, Jo as surprised to see Zurg take her hands in his and grow solemn. What was up now? Once he began to explain, Jo caught on quickly. She was sharp like that when she wanted to be. Did he really think him being a Serviceman or an Evil Emperor mattered to her? It seemed important to him to clarify, however, so Jo listened intently, nodding every so often, though her shoulders did sag a bit. The "kiss" to the forehead was very tender, though, and she sighed when he pulled away.

"Thank you, Big Z." She was glad she'd made him proud, but the way he'd said all that sounded like he was preparing for something really big. Or maybe it was all just in her head. She didn't doubt that with the imagination she had. But she had her own two unibucks to give, and she hoped that he wouldn't feel offended with what she'd lay down for him.

"I know you say that this is all mine, my house, my achievements. But I don't want you to think that just because they're technically mine that you aren't welcome here. Don't ever think of yourself as an outsider. What's mine is yours because I'm willing to share it with you." That could have more implications than one, but this was a serious conversation. "This is your home too, because you'll always be welcome here. And because... I want you to be a part of my life. A more... permanent part of my life." She allowed herself a brief laugh, squeezing his hands tighter. "I know I'm not the best planner. I don't know what I'll be doing when I'm 30, 40 or even 50. But I know that I want you by my side every step of the way."

She released one of his hands to cup his face, running her fingers along the small crevices and curves. If Zurg could tell things simply by touching her face, she could too. Not as well as him, but she could tell that he was feeling tense by the way his musculature felt beneath his skin. And his skin was so soft, but his eyes. His eyes had seen hardships beyond comprehension and she wanted to protect him from all that, to somehow let him know that with her he could be safe, unafraid, and be himself. Not Serviceman Zurg, not the Evil Emperor Zurg, but just Zurg. X'iita. Her X'iita.

"As long as you want me too," she concluded, finally resting a few fingers against his lower lip.

(( This is where I sign off too! Good night, and I sure hope I wrangled him to the floor! XD ))
    Zurg
    Administrator

Administrator

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Zurg on Sun Jul 31, 2011 6:24 pm

Move or join her? And let her dirt wash on him? Er, no thanks! Although, Jo really could use a good scrubbing... A good scrubbing. But such wishful thinking could remain for later; they just got back together, after all, and officially. Right now he was more content to be with her, helping her out for something she had been looking forward to for a very long time. Getting a house was important to the mechanic, and it would be a milestone put behind her back. And offended? Why so?

"Oh, I never said I wouldn't be welcome! I just wanted you to know that I wouldn't be imposing. This is your space -- all of it. The bathtub, nnnnot so much." He was about to explain how he still appreciated her hospitality, when... she took the topic into an entirely new field. A field that both delighted him and, ultimately, frightened him. Don't let anyone ever tell you that the future wasn't a scary thing, because it was. The future always something moving and never a sure thing for long, Zurg felt his heart hiccup into a crawl -- three beats a minute at maximum. To you humans out there, that was the equivalent of your hearts after a good one mile run. She wanted to include him in her permanent hopes? Well, of course she did, right!? Zurg, why did that shock you? Nimrod. If his heart was as weak as he was in the ankles, then he surely would have fainted or sat down for feeling dizzy. Instead, he thankfully remained in stunned silence until her touch snapped him out of it. "I..." What to say? The woman practically confessed to wanting you in her life and you stall like this RPer's brother trying to drive a stick. Say something, like how you feel.

The Serviceman felt the hottest he had been since working for Prixlezub, and at last he spoke. That tingling sensation was still gripping his tongue, though. Maybe he should check that out later. "To be honest, Jo, I... I am afraid, too." An honest start. Go on. "I-I mean, I normally plan ahead, yes, but those things are rather easy to plan for. Dates, meetings, plans, manifestos -- nothing really life-changing or dramatic as this. This..." If Jo was talking the rest of her life and if his life lasted for a very long time, she was talking at least centuries of companionship. You realize just how long that was? Sure, Zurg had issues with abandonment but he also struggled with attachment. Not that he didn't love her, but this was a hefty amount of time on the table. And in that time alone so much could happen. So many things out of their own control could happen. The uncertainty of the unknown scared him. It always seemed like his fears and worries were consistently holding him back, didn't it... The alien did want to spend the rest of his life with Jo, but... was he out of his league? "This is something I just don't have any idea what to do..." He finally murmured.

But it would be all right, wouldn't it? Jo was here for him, his friends were there for him, and... PB ironically was there for him, too. In a sick, twisted sense. Maybe it wouldn't be so big or scary. If he took a step and tripped, someone would be there to help him back up. And if they took a step and tripped, he would be there to return the favour in kind. Considering the previous decades of selfish, warped mentalities... this was an entirely startling new approach for him.

"If you could put up with me and my trying ways..." A slight bit of humour in an otherwise serious moment in their lives. "...then I would love to have you at my side. Just... don't stand behind. They don't call me Zurg, the Intolerant, for nothing." To sum up his feelings without saying anything else that would otherwise ruin a perfect second such as this, he drew as close as he could for a meaningful embrace and just... stood like that for a few grains of sand in Time's hourglass. Eh, if he always wanted to cheat he'd just tip it over and start it all again. Don't tell Time!

For the moment, using all of his willpower, he shoved away his current fears and worries and tried to remain focused; even though this was a major thing for the both of them. "Well, today was certainly a different day." He began, slightly breaking off the contact, a smile on his face. A genuine one -- not the one he gave to Drakken. That one was just to spook the blue goon. "But despite everything that's happened, there's still one more thing left to do." No, not THAT, but something pertaining to the house. "You need to buy it, of course! However... we need an official seller for that. Perhaps we can walk back to your inn room, discuss a few lingering things, and you think on it? Tomorrow we can then call an agent and get it underway. What do you think about that, Jo?"

He may not be able to plan for the future like this, but he could plan for almost every other thing!

(Good luck! Dragging characters down with lots of free spirit proves more difficult than you think! And sorry for posting so late, Jo. And I apologize for this post's quality -- mind is fried at the moment. You're probably at work when you see this. A few things came up, important things, and... they took precedent, sadly. And to all those I still owe posts to, I'll post tonight! Right now, however, I'm going to take a nap and try to clear my mind. A little relaxation, if you will.)

Jo Pistonne
    Zettabyte

Zettabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Jo Pistonne on Mon Aug 01, 2011 4:10 am

Jo laughed, finding his obsession with the bathtub amusing. With a few blankets, it would probably make a pretty good fort! But she understood what he was getting at. Her house, her personal space, and he just didn't want to intrude on her privacy. But perhaps her trying to explain that him being here wouldn't be an intrusion had wound up getting him even more flustered and tongue-tied than before. She knew he'd be surprised, startled even, to hear her admitting that she wanted him to be a constant in her life. It was a pretty big step, wasn't it? And they'd just formally reconciled1 But it was something she'd been thinking of for a long time now. She wasn't the type to even bother with relationships, normally, but with Zurg... blast, with Zurg things were just different. A nice kind of different.

"It's okay," she reassured him, squeezing his hands. She even pressed her forehead against his, feeling the bump of his ridge. "I don't know what we're doing either. It's... pretty scary and new! But I know I want to try it. You're worth it." Not that, you dirty readers, though it wouldn't be a bad perk at all~

She laughed. "I wouldn't stay downwind of you for the world, especially after you drink milk!" She remembered that farting contest all too well! See, it was silly stuff like that too that she loved about Zurg. They had this connection, this strange, funny, warped connection. They laughed together, made jokes together, even made fun of each other, but it was all innocent and harmless and aimed at having a good time with each other and laughing. It was the best kind of relationship, actually. "But I'll stay by your side," she promised. "Trying ways and all, if you can stand my bad habits." Being disorganized and messy was one of the few issues he'd hav to deal with. Hope he came prepared!

They hugged again, Jo feeling safe nestled in his arms and like her chest would burst with joy, before drawing a away from each other. "Tell me about it!" she agreed. And he was right. There was one more thing left to do, and that was to actually get a hold of this place! "Oh, right! This brochure's got some phone numbers! I think it might have a Realtor's number too..." She pulled out the leaflet, rifling through it, until she found the section regarding this house and handed it over to him. "And that sounds like a plan. I don't know how to handle all that. I'll just fork out the cash." Finally, they'd be heading back home to the inn. She was hungry and she wanted to let Proxy know that they'd found a place! "4224 Monitor Street... somehow, everything leads to the number 42, doesn't it?" she teased, heading down the stairs. She knew Zurg hated the blasted number and probably hated it even more now for finding it plastered everywhere!

The future was looking brighter already!

(( It's okay, I'm sorry for posting late too! I had the day off, but I had so many chores to do and shopping to juggle. Eeesh! Not a fun way to pass your day off, I assure you! ))
    Zurg
    Administrator

Administrator

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Zurg on Mon Aug 01, 2011 6:27 am

Hey, don't diss bathtubs. Bathtubs are ridiculously expensive, he'll kid you not! But yes, they had just reconciled and this -- everything -- was dizzying. Stating it was a big step is a complete understatement; this was freaking companionship and getting along with one another! Since when had Zurg gotten along with anyone more than several years. Lightyear and Darkmatter didn't count. One was his arch-nemesis and the other used to be his peon. To be honest, though... the alien wouldn't lie and say he hadn't thought of this. A secret, buried desire that he had felt ashamed about. Don't know why. Zurg was self-conflicting like that. But, if Jo wanted it willingly? Well, then so did he. Out of all the screw-ups and mistakes he made during his years she was the one thing in his life that he whole-heartedly felt was... well, right.

After talking about it in person the future suddenly didn't seem so scary anymore, and the Serviceman kept his forehead pressed against hers. Aw, she remembered. "So long as you hold my hand and tell me the Boogeyman doesn't exist, I think I can make it. Just make sure you have sheets or papers in case I wet something." Oh, the memories of his bed-wetting years. Zurg would say something like that at a special time such as this. Had the man no shame? And no, can't say Zurg was prepared for her messy habits! Drove him up the wall, but like she said: trying ways and all, he'll stick at her side till the end. To the bitter end, if necessary.

But alas, the day had to continue and he soon found the brochure thrust into his hand. Oh, of course. "Ah, can't handle the business, hm? What am I for, what am I for..." He was giving her a hard time out of love, so he really didn't mind at all. Now, let's see... Oh, here was the phone number. He was going to memorize that. Oh, and the name. He was going to remember that, too. Soon, he had everything he needed to set up the appointment for tomorrow but then... the word's that came jumbling out of Jo's mouth might as well have slapped him in the face. Or rather... the number. "Did... Did you say 4224...?" Naturally Jo was already bouncing off, leaving him in his stupor. Did she... Did she just say... "Jo? Jo! Jo, wait up! What did you say?" He called after her, heading down the stairs and hurrying up. She was teasing him! TEASING HIM!

Of all the houses they picked together it was the one with number 42 in the address! Yes, this future was looking bright already indeed!

(It's fine, Jo! As you can see, I struggled and took forever. That, and I'm tired... If you see this in the morning, it means we're done with the thread!)

Current date/time is Sun Nov 19, 2017 10:50 pm