Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

The Home of Our Dreams

Post by Jo Pistonne on Sun Jul 24, 2011 8:09 am

Time: 9:30 AM
    Date: July 22, 2011

Jo marched down the street, Zurg close beside her, as she examined a newspaper clipping in her hand, the other hand clenching a manila folder tightly to keep all its contents from slipping. She lifted her head and looked left and right, reading the street names before looking back down at the newspaper clipping. "Are we in the right area?" she wondered aloud, flipping the paper over.

Well, if they wren't in this specific house's location, they could always choose the next closest area! Blast it, Jo really had no sense of direction sometimes. But she was sure (at least she hoped so) that Serviceman Zurg would know the way! She didn't have to pull the puppy-eyed look, did she? That never worked on him!
    Zurg
    Administrator

Administrator

Level : 60

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Re: The Home of Our Dreams

Post by Zurg on Sun Jul 24, 2011 8:23 am

First things first: dat thread title. Cannot unread. Why so cheesy, Jo?

But moving right on along, they had spent the last hour walking through the outskirts of Portal City, weaving in and out so long as Jo was the one leading. Sure, he said a few reminders and tips, pointing in the right direction, but you can only herd a moozle so far until they grew thick skin and ended up just going all over the place. Poor Jo. She really didn't have a sense of direction, but it sure was amusing watching her hop about from street to street.

She was getting them so lost.

"For the tenth time in one minute; yes, we are in the right area." Thankfully Zurg felt like being patient today, and he chose to enjoy himself. Okay, getting lost wasn't on the agenda but the walk was nice. He liked wandering around! Now, as for Jo's predicament? He glanced around and tapped her shoulder lightly before pointing a finger due in... that direction. "Take a right on Server Street, then a sharp left on Breaker Circle. The house you're looking at should be the third one from the street entry."

What would Jo do without him was right. She was freaking hopeless!

(Augh, god. Why am I up so early... I lost control of my life, but there's no pudding to make. Also, posting on phone is HARD.)[code]

In unity, before the Nine, I softly speak in #669999.
    But, in One's animosity, I hold command in #99FF00.
    Jo Pistonne
    Zettabyte

Zettabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Jo Pistonne on Sun Jul 24, 2011 9:02 am

Better believe it, it's here to stay!

The mechanic felt a little sheepish at causing Zurg's patience to dwindle, even if he didn't show it. She was being so trying, wasn't she? Argh, never let her wander off on her own because she had the biggest potential to get an entire group lost! Jo had a photographic memory and remembered places pretty well, but mention street names and she'd just give you a blank look.

She followed where he pointed (not like that, but she wouldn't mind it if that was the case) and gasped, "Oh, right! Okay. Third one after entering the street and turning left at Breaker Circle. Got it!"

She started along the road, admiring the suburban location. It felt so different from Portal City and was way out of Jo's experience. Only the richest of the rich could afford real grass back on Tradeworld. And they didn't even live planet-side!

She turned at Breaker Circle like Zurg said, spotting another house. The suburbs really had some nice stuff. They walked a little further until finally coming upon the third one of the houses on Jo's list.

"Here it is! 461 Application Avenue! Looks nice, doesn't it?" she said, proud of her decision. Oh, she hoped they could check out the interior!

(( Phone posting! You've turned into me! You'll get the hang of it sooner than later. I'm at a bus stop and the blasted bus is late! DX ))
    Zurg
    Administrator

Administrator

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Zurg on Sun Jul 24, 2011 9:15 am

Whoa, whoa, whoa. Point where? Jo, shame on thee. He wouldn't have to point! Cue the S.E. grin.

Thank the stars in the sky for Jo was finally getting them to where they were supposed to be. Normally Zurg would have lead the rallying charge, but hey, this was Jo's day and Jo got to do what Jo wanted to do. He'll just carry the important things like water and stuff necessary to survive. That's what he'll do. It was by some miracle they actually found the street they were looking for, and lo and behold... Jo had quickly spotted the first house.

Houses... You know, when Zurg said he wasn't really familiar with them he really wasn't. He took one look at the thing and rubbed a perplexed index finger on a cheek. "This... is a house." Very good, Zurg! You understood what a house was! That still didn't mean he completely comprehended the subject. Whether it was a house or not, the alien showed his alien side. There were houses similar all around... and he felt boxed in. Where was the individuality? Why so conforming? The colouring was also very pale, and his eyes could hardly register any shade except for the grass. The grass... which was more blue to him than green.

Open and wide windows... small door... some... vehicle access way... The Serviceman was now rubbing the back of his head, and he didn't know what to say at first. "Looks, ah... different." Now he was being diplomatic and Zurg tapped his heels together. Well, if Jo wanted to take a look it couldn't hurt. Wasn't his cup of sugar-free tea to be precise, but he'd still give it a chance.

So conforming... no personality...

(Nnngh, I do not like phone posting. Takes too long and screen is too tiny! Also, buses. I hate late buses. Oh, I will have to leave soon, I think. San Francisco is a ways away!)

Jo Pistonne
    Zettabyte

Zettabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Jo Pistonne on Sun Jul 24, 2011 9:25 am

He'd just fire into the hole, right? Cue the S.E. grin right back at ya!

"Yup, this is the place!" She looked up at it, admiring the shingles, the multi-colored bricks and the simplicity of it. It ought to be very comfortable for one person, a cat, a robot and the occasional guest, right? And it had a front yard! She checked the specifics of this place and spotted that it had a basement, though it was smaller than she'd imagined. But it didn't matter with that garage! She could spread out her workshop on two levels, she figured. "If I do get this place I can always give it a paint job! Beige isn't really my style."

Oh, wait, was Zurg not used to houses? He suddenly seemed hesitant and out-of-place. Aw, the poor guy! So, being the macho one of the pair, Jo reached over and grasped his hand, threading her fingers through his. "Do you wanna take a look inside?"

(( I've become a fast texter. XD But hopefully I'll be able to buy a new laptop after a few months of more work! Maybe one I can carry around with me. And have fun in San Francisco! I hear the Giants are a riot! ))
    Zurg
    Administrator

Administrator

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Zurg on Sun Jul 24, 2011 9:35 am

Oh, FFF. IT WAS TOO EARLY FOR THIS BANTER.

When told this was, indeed, the place Zurg just sighed. They really had to enter it, huh? It looked roomy enough, but was it really? These little boxes humans called houses seemed deceiving so far! It looked so... so vulnerable and ready to be blasted away with one shot from a low orbital ion cannon. He had a few of those, you know. And a paint job? "Jo, I am pretty sure the house front is made of... some kind of granite brick. You can't really... paint those, no." It would just look silly and out of place; not to mention pricy! And why was Jo coming on over here and holding his hand like he was expecting to have a baby!?

"Er... Sure?" Not the most confident of responses, but it wouldn't hurt. Hope it had enough room and wasn't stuffy!

(Laptops are VERY nice. Good luck saving for one! And the Giants? Funny you mention them, because I'm going to see them play against the Milwaukee Brewers!)

Jo Pistonne
    Zettabyte

Zettabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Jo Pistonne on Sun Jul 24, 2011 9:57 am

IT'S NEVER TOO EARLY FOR DIRTY TALK!

...Of course it is, but you have to admit this was hilarious.

Jo just made a snorting, "pshhh-ing" sound and swung his arm back and forth. "Sure you can! It's called elbow grease. Some good, old-fashioned hard work ought to set it right! No, Jo, that's not how paint worked, but she was probably only trying to look macho again. She was trying to make up being all flustered at getting lost, you see.

"Okay, let's go!" Jo led him across the lawn, the grass springy and crisp beneath their feet, and up to the front door. She checked to see whether it was unlocked and to her surprise it was! She pushed open the door and looked inside. The smell of fresh paint was strong, but there was also the faint scent of dust lingering in the front hall.

Curious and excited at the same time, Jo turned the first corner and entered was seemed to be a living room, her footsteps echoing eerily on the wooden floor. The walls were an oil-green and there was a white fireplace placed between two large windows where the sunlight shone through brightly, casting a shadow.

"What do you think? I like the fireplace! I don't really need one but it adds a nice flair, doesn't it? And the windows! I like large, airy windows, don't you?"

(( Thanks! And this bus is really late... Oh, cool, have fun at the game! Buy a shirt and grab a hot dog or two! ))
    Zurg
    Administrator

Administrator

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Zurg on Sun Jul 24, 2011 10:15 am

Toooooo eaaaaarly....

And what elbow grease!? If she meant Zurg, he was doing no such thing! "I'd rather eat the paint than paint rocks." At least the material would be put to good use. You can't paint those! You just can't! It'd be an eyesore if you did! Oh, how he wanted to slap his face and moan into it. Jo was hopeless. Immensely.

Off they went, over the grass that was blue for him, and up to that door. What a flimsy door. You know all it would take is one punch from him and it'd break, right? This was what passed as common security these days? The Serviceman scowled and everything he feared was confirmed as Jo just... let herself in. "Oh, well, seeing as the door is already open I suppose vandalism is low in this area. That's nice." Ah, the sarcastic bite. Any more nipping and there would be verbal bite marks, so in the alien went and he immediately shrunk.

This den... He picked up the dust right away, knowing full well that the air was contaminated with human skin, and he resisted the urge to scratch. Circling around in place, the alien eyed each window and kept his limbs close together, head sunken. "It's kind of... open." Read: vulnerable and not very private... Zurg also noticed that his voice carried and it was a tad disorientating. Maybe that was because the space lacked objects to take in volume. Echoes bouncing off surfaces and whatnot. When asked what he liked, the Serviceman was going to be honest.

"Uh... well, it's certainly roomy. Good for... pacing? But..." He made a noise and rubbed the back of his head again. "If you're comfortable with people peeking into your business and all that, your choice. I wouldn't like that, personally. And for the fireplace... if you don't need it, then why get it?" If winter came along she could just use him as a personal furnace. He was better than firewood any day, and he wasn't polluting the air! Except when he had eggs... Always the eggs. Finished giving his input, he stopped glancing at everything and finally laid his eyes upon Jo. "I'm ready to see what else is in store, if you are. There's not much... going on in here."

It was kind of boring and bland.

(I loooooove hot dogs. Anyway, time to get ready! See you later, Jo!)

Jo Pistonne
    Zettabyte

Zettabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Jo Pistonne on Sun Jul 24, 2011 5:19 pm

He was a bright ray of cosmic sunshine, wasn't he?

"Maybe there's an unspoken agreement on people coming to see the houses. Maybe the neighbors keep an eye out so no one weird comes lurking at night?" Oh, Jo, don't let your imagination get the best of you now. But it probably wasn't that far from the mark. Why else would the house be unlocked?

"Open, spacious, and full of fresh air!" However, the mechanic's enthusiasm at seeing the place would be dampened by Zurg's apparent dissatisfaction. She heard him make a noise first, then turned just in time to see him rubbing the back of his head. Cue the sheepish, yet unhappy glance. He didn't seem to like this option, did he?

"We're just looking, Big Z. It doesn't mean it's the dream house yet. Not until I get the... vibe." What was the vibe, you ask? Maybe Zurg was wondering the same thing. "Trust me, I'll know when I find the house. But until then, it doesn't hurt to look to get ideas, fireplace or no fireplace, right?"
    Zurg
    Administrator

Administrator

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Zurg on Mon Jul 25, 2011 8:23 am

He was always a ray of cosmic sunshine. Complete with cosmic radiation, too!

But! Even a ray of cosmic sunshine wilted when near a black hole, and Zurg... was such a black hole during fun-filled conversations at times. It was the inner critic and ruler in him. When he saw something, he saw everything about that something -- the faults always spoke the loudest to him before the qualities. Despite that, however, the alien did realize that Jo wanted to find that special something so he thought about something. "Ohh, not that I'm saying you can't look around, Jo. By all means, please do. But, I'm just hoping to aid you by voicing any concerns and thoughts I see. I'm not trying to deter you from the task at hand." Zurg ruined many things, but today would not be one of those things. Today, he was going to help Jo as best he could and if that meant shutting up? The Serviceman lifted up a pinched finger and thumb, sliding it across his mouth.

"If you want me to take it easy on the critiques, tell me. I can... bite my tongue, I think." That'd be a little challenging on his end... but for Jo, he could!

Maybe...

(Sorry this took so long, Jo. I got sick after the game -- it was long and my elders took us around the city. Was exhausted!)

Jo Pistonne
    Zettabyte

Zettabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Jo Pistonne on Mon Jul 25, 2011 12:37 pm

Like the black hole that was his heart, eh~?

But Jo didn't want to make him think that she didn't appreciate his two unibucks. "Oh, no! If you do have any concerns don't hold back! Tell me them, okay?" After all, she didn't bring him just for his monetary and legal input. She wanted to help him relax and learn how to enjoy the simple things in life. And if he didn't like the house, then that meant that this wasn't the right house! "It's not like you could even bite your tongue if you tried to!" she laughed, giving him a sly wink.

She took his hand and led him back to the front hall, Jo noting that the wide, open area here might make for a perfect dining room. The first room had led to the living room which they had just left and the second led to a kitchen, and the last room led to a small bathroom with a sink, a toilet and a bathtub. It almost felt cramped in there, but at least it wasn't the only bathroom in the house. And the hallway was cramped too, but that was because of the large garage. Jo wasn't sure whether she wanted a place with a garage when she didn't even have a vehicle, but like she thought, she could convert it to her workshop. This house didn't have a basement, so it would make a suitable replacement.

"What do you think so far? The dining room's got a lot of light too, and the kitchen looks nice. Maybe not too roomy, but nice!" She was already imagining more cooking lessons... Take that as you will!

(( It's okay, I felt pretty beat too and only came on last night to see if I had posts for first thing in the morning. I hope the game was a blast and I hope you get well soon! ))
    Zurg
    Administrator

Administrator

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Zurg on Mon Jul 25, 2011 4:51 pm

Like the black hole that was his heart.

Hearing his input had some validity, he felt a little silly for thinking Jo wanted him to silence up. You boob, Zurg! Of course she wants you to point out what you saw! "O-Oh, then! I'll be more than happy to say what I see, yes." Way to boost self-confidence. Jo then took his hand and off they went, inspecting everything there was to be legally inspected. She first showed him the front hall, which he shielded his eyes from the outpouring light. It was very spacious, but... it still lacked something. The way his voice echoed and their feet rang out through the floor was unnerving. So much space!

"It has great legroom, but... would eating in front of a large bay window be safe? It seems like you're an easy target." Someone could just throw a bomb or sniper shot and you'd be finished! The room was maybe a little too open for his liking.

The kitchen, however, was a lot more favourable to him. It was roomy, well-fitted, and perfect for teaching Jo cooking lessons. All night, if he had to. The woman was thick! After walking all around the area and seeing what was what, he had his verdict. "The counter tops are very nice, but... I'm afraid it's a little bland in here like the rest of the house. You would need to paint up the rooms you didn't like, and that would take more time and more money. There also isn't much..." He wiggled his fingers and thought. "...personality. It's a good kitchen, but not one that you can get attached to." He was still convinced that the house was a cookie-cutter box that humans often times fawned over.

Zurg didn't see the point!

Last but not least came the bathroom, and Zurg only had one thing to do after he saw it. He went for the bathtub, sat in it, and looked up at Jo all cramped and bunched together. Why, he had to hold his legs close to his chest and wrap his arms around them! "Either I'm a whale, or you're just tiny. This bathroom is made for midgets!" Not to diss the midget crowd, but this bathroom was very petite! It was perfect for Jo and maybe company, but not him. "You know... this house looked big on the outside, but it's really small on the inside regarding certain aspects. It's not very even." It would really help if the house had a bit more of panache, too. Something... to make it stand out and be unique. So far this place was lacking it. "We should see the rest before you decide."

He reckoned there wasn't much left to see after this.

(So tiiiiiiired, and it was! Our home team won. Whoo-hoo!)

Last edited by Serviceman Zurg on Mon Jul 25, 2011 5:22 pm; edited 1 time in total

Jo Pistonne
    Zettabyte

Zettabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Jo Pistonne on Mon Jul 25, 2011 5:20 pm

And lo and behold, Jo finally got what Zurg was so nervous about. Safety and security! If you thought about it, wide, open spaces was where you were the most vulnerable, and sitting in front of a window made you one of the easiest targets on the block! But at least this wasn't like the city. No, it was quieter, more rural.

"Most of the houses we'll be seeing have got windows. And the houses in this neighborhood follow the same design more or less. It seems like a safe enough place with a low crime rate if that's the case, right?" She wondered whether the police even had to patrol around here at this rate.

But they moved on to the kitchen, which Zurg found to be more in his favor. It just wasn't the right kind of favorable, though. "I like the cupboards. If we get cupboards like this, they should be made out of wood. Maybe darker wood." Like a deep chestnut. Now that would be nice.

The bathroom was tiny and appeared to be a worst alternative for when someone else had the bathroom on the top floor occupied. And who put a bathroom and toilet in a small bathroom? Why not put a shower for more space? Zurg even sat down in it to demonstrate, and Jo couldn't help but laugh. "Midgets indeed! I don't think I'd be able to fit in it either!"

But she was beginning to see that he had a point. This house hadn't looked so bad from the outside, but it didn't click. It had some nice aspects that Jo hoped she could find in other places, but that was pretty much it. This wouldn't be her dream home, but at least it wouldn't hurt to check out some more.

"Now, are you going to get out of there yourself or will I have to pull you out~?" she asked with a smug smirk. Him staying in that tub was fine with her. Maybe she could join him!
    Zurg
    Administrator

Administrator

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Zurg on Mon Jul 25, 2011 5:32 pm

Yes, indeedy. When it came to safety and security the man was all for it. He didn't want Jo to be in a hazardous situation or a scenario where the only case was the worst case! Of course, he was also perfectly aware that Jo was a grown woman -- human standards, she was still a kid like him to his own -- and that she could handle whatever came her way. No need to be suffocating, here. But, at the same time... Zurg did want what was best for her, and sometimes that may not always be right, but he did. If she really wanted this house in the long run, then he was not going to object and instead, he would focus all that attention onto making it better. Maybe with some colours... All this beige was just boring!

At Jo's teasing he huffed, and the man started to get out. "Oh, you just love me down on the ground, don't you." Naturally he didn't immediately understand the more dirtier connotations of what he just said, but that was Zurg for you. Evil in heart, innocent in spirit.

Sometimes.

Crrrrnk.

Oh, what was that?

Briefly stunned, the Serviceman paused and then went back to pulling himself up.

Crrrrrrrnk!

Again he paused, and this time, Zurg glanced down to notice... that he was stuck. Stuck in the midget bathtub. "....But I've been watching my diet." He said in a meek and offended tone. For the love of all that was purple, this was ridiculous! Bewildered, he did the next best thing he could think of: Zurg looked up at Jo like this pathetic, lost kitten and hiccuped. "I'm stuck." No x'sht.

If Jo wanted to rub-a-dub-dub in the tub, then she better shed at least 110 pounds to fit in!

Jo Pistonne
    Zettabyte

Zettabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Jo Pistonne on Mon Jul 25, 2011 5:44 pm

And Jo greatly appreciated that he looked out for her like that. He was like her shadow, but a protective shadow that didn't breathe down your neck and was only there for you when you needed it the most. And sometimes even more often than that. Not that Jo minded at all, it was a perk you wouldn't hear her complaining about.

"I dunno, I rather like getting down on my knees myself," she quipped, laughing in amusement. Why were the dirty jokes endless today, why? It must be karma for those unfulfilled evenings, wasn't it?

What was that sound? Jo frowned, but there it was again. And just as she opened her mouth to ask whether he was stuck, he admitted it himself, with the cutest kicked puppy expression she'd seen on him yet. How could she resist such a face and timid voice!? It was impossible.

"Hang in there, Sweetcheeks. Jo Pistonne is on the job." She even used a deeper, rasher voice for that. Hah! Macho Jo had returned for another season! Flexing her arms a few times and shaking her hands, she grabbed him by the wrists, grasping them tightly, then tugged with all her might to get him out. But that didn't seem to be working, so the mechanic tried for something else. Maybe he wouldn't like it, but it was a necessary evil!

"I'm going to try to loosen where you're stuck. Just hold still for a bit." She stuck her arms between the tub and his thighs, tugging on them and trying to wedge them free. Hey, it always worked with her screws, after all. It should work on Zurg too.

Current date/time is Sun Nov 19, 2017 10:52 pm