Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Did You Bring the Toothbrush?

Post by Zurg on Tue Jul 19, 2011 6:34 pm

Time: 9:30PBT (morning)
    Date: 7/19/2011

Drakken's Pastry Delights. That's what it said on the sign.

Zurg lowered his map ever so slightly, his eyes peering over the fine edge. Drakken's little getaway... Never before had the Serviceman in all his wildest fancies thought he would stoop so low as to visit the grumpy mad scientist, but... here he was, wasn't he? The alien's mind could only fathom what horrors awaited his finely-sculpted posterior, and Zurg proceeded to fold up his map and shoved it back into his toolkit. No matter what terrors, a job was a job and Drakken had signed up for something that needed assistance with. What, Zurg didn't know, but he approached nonetheless and straightened his tie. "I hope it's something to do with gardening..." That seemed like a rather popular subject with several citizens.

Cracking some knuckles, the Serviceman cleared his throat and proceeded to politely knock upon the door.

"Hello! Serviceman." Hope Zippy wasn't around... It may get a little... dangerous.

In unity, before the Nine, I softly speak in #669999.
    But, in One's animosity, I hold command in #99FF00.
    Dr. Drakken
    Terabyte

Terabyte

Level : 28

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    330/330  (330/330)
    Stamina Bar:
    56/56  (56/56)

Re: Did You Bring the Toothbrush?

Post by Dr. Drakken on Tue Jul 19, 2011 8:24 pm

A knock on the door. Who could it be? Why Serviceman Zurg of course! Drakken had been waiting for this for a few days now. Grinning deviously and eagerly rubbing his hands together, the villain tiptoed over to the glass-screened door. Before swinging it open, the mad scientist made sure he would greet his colleague in evil with a smile.

"Why hello there, Zurg.~" Drakken chirped as he stepped aside, letting the purple one enter his bakery. "And how are you on this fine, fine day?"

Not waiting for a reply the blue-hued human continued. "Haha, delish! Now, to be honest I haven't been quite sure what task to give you, as I have need of a few different things. Test subjects for one, but I imagine that wouldn't really be fitting. I therefore decided to stick with my initial idea."

Reaching into his labcoat, the mad scientist pulled out, yes, a toothbrush, which he proceeded to wag in front of Zurg's face before presenting it to him. "Here's the tool for your job, now to show you the location. Walk this way please.~"

And with that the evil genius led the way into the back, past the large machines mass producing baked goods and through a second door leading into the basement.
    Zurg
    Administrator

Administrator

Level : 60

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Zurg on Tue Jul 19, 2011 9:08 pm

...That smile.

Zurg just narrowed his eyes at the scientist's exceedingly fake demeanour, and the purple one (as he was referred to, now) merely followed close behind. All the while the Serviceman soaked in, as you will, the atmosphere of the bakery and felt a little tingling sensation in his tiny, left toe. Ah, yes. There was an evil lair around here... Most likely underground, where it was out of sight. He knew the tricks with fellow villains. "I am doing rather fine, thank you..." He would have grumbled that if he could, but one must be presentable on the job! Zurg did, of course, scowl at the mentioning of test subjects and he crossed his arms. "My union protects me against unusual cruelty." There was your answer.

As for what was Drakken's initial idea? Seeing the toothbrush was already a clue, and Zurg held it without so much as a word, the villain glancing down at it. Right. Scrubbing something with this thing, most likely. He saw it coming, sadly. When Drakken lead him to the basement, he could only entertain a slight idea. "Want me to clean something with this little thing, do you." Zurg sounded more amused than mad, and he was already thinking of ways to get out of this.

"By all means, Dr. Drakken... show me to this... location." The smile Zurg gave was increasingly malevolent, and if Drakken wasn't careful... the tables would turn, and fairly quickly.

Dr. Drakken
    Terabyte

Terabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    330/330  (330/330)
    Stamina Bar:
    56/56  (56/56)

Post by Dr. Drakken on Tue Jul 19, 2011 10:07 pm

The blue-skinned villain continued giving Zurg his best friendly smile as he punched a code into a keypad. The elevator doors opened and Drakken motioned for Zurg to step inside before following suit.

"So, tell me, how have you found this experience so far?" he asked with genuine curiosity. "Have the tasks been fair? The clients polite?"

He couldn't help but wonder what sort of punishment he'd receive himself if he were to step out of line. Something which was bound to happen.

As the elevator doors slid open the two villains were greeted by a host of Drakken's synthodrones. Zurg had no need to give them a second thought however, as they all seemed busy completeing jobs of their own.

"Now," Drakken exclaimed, stepping out of the elevator and clapping his hands together before stretching his arms outwards, motioning to the cavernous lair surrounding them. "Here we are. Home sweet home."
    Zurg
    Administrator

Administrator

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Zurg on Wed Jul 20, 2011 1:44 am

...Still that awkward smile.

Zurg paid little attention, other than what was necessary, and he stepped into the secret elevator along with Drakken. Guess this was one of those hidden transits that took you to -- of course -- an underground lair. Yawn. And here the Serviceman thought Drakken would build his lair in a volcano, or something. At least a concept that was remotely original! "My tasks have so far ranged from gardening to maintenance. It fairs well." The purple-skinned villain with the most indifferent gaze replied back. No doubt Drakken was either really sincere, or he was setting the alien up for some punishment. Whichever it was Zurg chose not to react. "My clients, as you call them, have also been very courteous and well-behaved." The kicker was, however, to see if Drakken would be as well.

Soon they were at the villain's secretive lair, and Zurg eyed the walking henchmen for a brief second before refocusing his attention onto the mad scientist. The Serviceman didn't comment and instead let Drakken continue to show his guest where to go.

Zurg wasn't going to give Drakken that special benefit, you see.

Dr. Drakken
    Terabyte

Terabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    330/330  (330/330)
    Stamina Bar:
    56/56  (56/56)

Post by Dr. Drakken on Wed Jul 20, 2011 3:55 am

"Now where should I have you start first...?" Drakken asked himself, rubbing his blue chin thoughtfully. "Here in the main hall, the syntho-production room, the bathroom... or the kitchen perhaps?"

Then it came to him. "No! Wait! I have it!" he exclaimed with a snap of his fingers. "The mutant piranha moat! That needs a good cleaning and scrubbing."

Drakken skipped over to the nearby wall panel, pushing a button. At once a circular pattern of floor panels slid back, revealing the hidden moat. There were no signs of its inhabitants at the moment, of course, as Drakken had moved them into a seperate tank in anticipation of Zurg's visit. With the push of a second button the moat was slowly drained as metallic ladder steps came sliding out of the wall. Now, it wouldn't surprise anyone to learn that mutant piranhas have quite the appetite and the bottom of the tank was littered with animal skeletons stripped to the bone.

Then, of course, there was the other little issue. As the name of a certain book implies, everyone poops and these fish were no exception. Along with the bones there was a healthy amount of waste. A synthodrone silently approached the villains, carrying in one hand a large shovel, and in the other an even larger bucket...

"I trust you'll make my moat shine like a new penny, its glimmer a reflection of your own standards, not to mention the standards of this fine city's lawmen.~"
    Zurg
    Administrator

Administrator

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Zurg on Wed Jul 20, 2011 4:07 am

Called it. So totally called it.

At the so-called mutant piranha moat, Zurg watched the tepid waters drain away to reveal... none other than bones and fish waste. Well, this wasn't so different from cleaning Coco's tank, so the Serviceman was rather unmoved. As for the shovel and bucket? He shook a hand at the silent mooks in a gesture of polite refusal. He then, being Zurg, flipped the toothbrush Drakken had given him around a few knuckles and proceeded to plug that sucker right into the scientist's overdone smile.

Plunk!

Man, gotta love cartoon sound effects.

"This all won't be necessary. I shall use my own tools." And just what, exactly, would those be? The Serviceman set down his toolkit and pulled out a pair of high-grade, rubber gloves. Snapping them on he then proceeded to pull out his toothbrush. Why was it so big? Zurg looked up and placed a pair of red-tinted goggles over his eyes. "My doctor says I have a very healthy rectum." And now you know. Toothbrush in hand, the Serviceman also pulled out what was perhaps a very strangely-modded... disintegration ray. Like a normal disintegration ray it disintegrated, but Zurg was quick to correct any questions. "This is my flammenwerfer." He stated calmly, hefting it up. "It werfs flammen."

A jet of white-blue fire roared from the heated nozzle, and Zurg killed the ignition as the gas hissed angrily. You get the idea.

Walking towards the ladder, Zurg lowered the device and turned his head to Drakken briefly. "Give me about twenty minutes, and; oh, don't mind the smell. It'll be bad." He then turned back to face his task and fire streamed everywhere, the flames flickering upon the tint of his goggles.

Man, did he love his flammenwerfer.

Dr. Drakken
    Terabyte

Terabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    330/330  (330/330)
    Stamina Bar:
    56/56  (56/56)

Post by Dr. Drakken on Thu Jul 21, 2011 3:54 am

So, Zurg was going to be like that, was he? Pulling the toothbrush out from between his blue lips with an audible POP, the mad scientist proceeded to produce a small notebook from inside his labcoat. He watched Zurg's every move intently while scribbling in the small book. The stench and smoke lay heavy in the room, but no matter. Once Zurg was finished with the moat he had the rest of the lair to worry about, and Drakken wanted it sparkling, not to mention smelling lemony-fresh.

"Having a good time down there?" Drakken asked, the friendly expression now gone from his face. "Not to nervous about my evaluation, I hope. no need to worry though. I'll be... fair."
    Zurg
    Administrator

Administrator

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Zurg on Thu Jul 21, 2011 5:04 am

Meanwhile, down in the tank, Zurg was just casually sweeping his flammenwerfer on along. Yes, sir. Sweeping it on along, the flames cremating just about anything that dared to exist. It was such a beautiful day for incineration techniques. Such a beautiful day.

By the time the bottom of the tank was now covered in charred, blackened remnants of what had laid on the bottom, the Serviceman lifted up his goggles and glanced around. Silently, he lifted up a foot and brought it down on a particularly big, smoldering mass.

Crunch!

His foot came on down with no resistance, and the mass crumbled away into black ash. "Oh, would you look at that..." Zurg remarked, his tone still casual. Reaching back into his toolkit the alien then took out a rather strange vacuum, it too modified, and he powered it on with a tremendous whiiiiiiir! The power onto maximum suckage, Zurg then started to pick up whatever ash remained until the pool itself was relatively clean on the bottom. The sides were still gunky, so he was going to take care of that afterwards. Yep, afterwords. First, however, he focused on moving up and down the tank's bottom, vacuuming this way and that in an orderly fashion. By the time had finished and was moving onto scrubbing the walls, Drakken was apparently saying something. Something about the evaluation.

Drakken, in all honesty after what had happened to Kev, Zurg gave one look at the scientist and shrugged. "You're the boss, Dr. Drakken." Putting away his vacuum, the Serviceman drew out what appeared to be his toothbrush again and he squirted out what appeared to be... giant toothpaste. Whatever it was smelled like lemon, very fresh, and Zurg went right to work.

Scrub, scrub, scrub.

Thanks to the previous blast of desiccation the tank was much easier to clean, but it still took the Serviceman quite a while. He applied more power around areas that were particularly stubborn, but after a good thirty minutes of solely labour... Drakken's mutant piranha tank was starting to look just as new. And it was now smelling rather fresh and clean. No more bones and no more fish gunk. The walls started to shine and the floor was getting that luster it had when first installed. Well, who said Zurg couldn't be put to good use? Sure, his methods may be unorthodox and a tad rebellious, but the work was turning out to look rather nice. It took another ten minutes to polish the area with a power buffer, and Zurg killed the whining tool when he was done.

Now entirely finished, he packed up his things, made sure his sandals were clean, and he climbed back up the ladder and before Drakken. "Pool's cleaned." The Serviceman stated simply. "How else may I help you, Dr. Drakken?"

Now it was Zurg's turn to smile, and if Drakken thought his face was strange... get a load of this face.

Dr. Drakken
    Terabyte

Terabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    330/330  (330/330)
    Stamina Bar:
    56/56  (56/56)

Post by Dr. Drakken on Fri Jul 29, 2011 4:52 pm

The mad scientist made his way over to the edge of the moat and quietly peered over the edge. Well, at least Zurg didn’t leave a job half-finished. The whole thing looked clean enough to eat off of now. Of course, there was the rest of the lair, which now smelled of burnt fish poop, and, on top of that, Zurg was making some kind of weird face. A face Drakken could make neither heads or tails from. Was it… Was it some sort of smile? A mischievous grin? Was the Evil Serviceman experiencing an aneurism? A stroke? Drakken could only assume this was the face Zurg made when he was about to clear a room.

“Well done, good man. I’d give you a shiny new penny for your effort, but I don’t know how kindly the local law enforcement would look upon that.” the blue-hued megalomaniac spoke with a wink. “Now, if you’d come out of there we can move onto the next order of business. Polishing the giant view screen! After that I think it‘s time for a short break, don‘t you? Anyway, then there‘s brushing the stone walls and ceilings and finally oiling my newest batch of robots.”

Stepping back from the moat, Drakken waited for Zurg to climb out before filling it with water and releasing its inhabitants back into their home with the push of a button. Apart from the jamming of the toothbrush into the mad scientist’s mouth, he had nothing to complain about so far. Serviceman Zurg was doing quite an adequate job, if not more so. This was only the first task, however. There was yet more to come.
    Zurg
    Administrator

Administrator

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Zurg on Fri Jul 29, 2011 5:04 pm

No, no, Drakken! You had it all wrong! That was Zurg's raep face. Well, don't you just feel special.

Out of the moat, the mad scientist was more than free to fill it back up with his prized fish and Zurg's grin just became ten times worse. "I do like shiny pennies, yes." Oh, that tickling whisper. What was he up to!? Seems Drakken's wink only furthered the alien's antagonistic ways. But fortunately nothing came of it, the blue man's body spared from utter ecstasy, and Zurg followed faithfully... behind. This post was amazingly creepy and with such little effort. "Ah, giant view screens! You are quite lucky, Dr. Drakken, that I brought my glass surface cleaner. If it's a glass surface, of course. Otherwise, I'm sure I have something. Oh, also lube for your robots."

See what I mean?

Not quite yet left to his own malignant devices, the Serviceman happily trailed behind the mad scientist and his goons, eagerly awaiting what else the man had in store for him.

(This entire post = :blehlele: )

Current date/time is Sun Nov 19, 2017 10:48 pm