Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Re: What's this About the Fluffy Ones?

Post by Kev on Mon Jul 18, 2011 4:52 pm

Kev tied up the bag of fleece before standing proudly as Zurg looked over his shearing. As humorous as Zurg's statement was, he actually had been expecting some world exploding to come about because of his shearing. If not world exploding, then SOME kind of exploding, perhaps of SHEEP.

He beamed as much as a mouthless alien can beam at Zurg's praise, he did good work! This was much better than when he was first trying to learn how to shoot a blaster! He walked over to the flock again and grabbed up the creamy purple colored sheep, although when he set 'her' on the towel, he noticed some he never noticed before. Two little black...horns?

"Hey, Glenda has little horns like you do! Do you think that could be dangerous? We might have to put something on those..." The sheep, or should I say, Ram, baa-ed at the two male aliens and shook his head at them, especially Zurg, who he saw as a larger, more purple Ram.
    Zurg
    Administrator

Administrator

Level : 60

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Zurg on Mon Jul 18, 2011 5:05 pm

Uh-oh... Zurg looked up from his tying to notice that... Kev was right! There were horns and the Service man immediately started to blindfold the sheep as quickly as possible. Kev, you green dolt! What have you done!? "Kev..." Zurg began, looking at the alien with slight disdain. "Is there by, any chance, a reason why you didn't realize that this sheep is actually a, I don't know, RAM. Don't believe me? Let me show you."

The Serviceman promptly lifted up one of the animal's legs and pointed to something in-between them.

"No female is ever going to have a pair, and if they do... she's a transvestite. It's best I shear him, as he may get rough." Zurg prayed to every god in the sky that this boy didn't decide to display his dominance.

In unity, before the Nine, I softly speak in #669999.
    But, in One's animosity, I hold command in #99FF00.
    Kev

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Kev on Mon Jul 18, 2011 5:21 pm

Zurg moved quickly to blindfold Glenda, who tried to shake it off as best as he could, to no avail. A ram though he may be, he was a young ram. Kev himself tilted his head at Zurg, not realizing what a ram was, or what he meant until he lifted the sheep's little legs. Kev covered his eyes and groaned. A ram is a male sheep?! No wonder Leslie told him to be extra careful with the Ram!

"I just assumed they were all girls, I never knew Ram meant male! I'm sorry!" He nodded as Zurg said he'd shear this one, and Kev stepped back in case Glenda, Glen now, should buck or attack. The little ram in question had calmed down a bit, if only because the 'bigger ram' had dominated him. Felicia and Suzy were off grazing, now that they weren't overheated, and the rest of the sheep were watching curiously, the only sounds were a few baas here and there.
    Zurg
    Administrator

Administrator

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Zurg on Mon Jul 18, 2011 5:31 pm

Leave it to Kev to not realize what a ram was. Zurg could have slapped his face if he had a hand to spare, but thankfully they were used to keep the ram in check. Alas, because this was a male and was loaded with testosterone, Zurg had to be a little more forceful. Instead of sitting on the stump like he had done beforehand, the man was now hovering over the ram with his legs spread out; the ram was snug in-between. "Hopefully your little friend won't try to headbutt me..." That would just be painful.

Zzzzrrrzzzzzzzzz!

And off the fleece came flying, Glen hopefully calming down the less he had to carry and overheat himself with! This little fellow, who was probably still irate, took Zurg a good five and that's because he rushed! He didn't want Glen near him for too long! "Get the bag ready, Kev! I'm going to let this one fly right out as soon as I'm done!" The moment he finished he immediately untied the ram and backed away, giving Glen enough space to run off and charge something if he wanted.

A ram... oh, of all the mess-ups, Kev! At least Glen's fleece was very lovely.

Kev

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Kev on Mon Jul 18, 2011 5:44 pm

Kev watched Zurg shear once again, although he wasn't so eager so much as watching and waiting to help out if Glen tried to attack. Glen baaed noisily when his legs were tied together, trying to move them as much as he could, and tried to get out from between Zurg's legs, only to fail.

The second the shears started up, Glen shook his head from side to side, trying to ram into something with his horns and get away from the strange noise, but Zurg was stronger, so Glen's struggling was futile. When the shearing was done, Kev nodded and grabbed a bag out of the toolkit, and Zurg backed away, letting Glen run off and ram something other than him.

As soon as the blindfold was gone, Glen charged forward, and rammed himself into Llama's legs. Llama looked down at Glen, eye to eye, and spit on him, right on his newly shaved head. Glen baaed indignantly and tried to ram again, but Llama stood up, making Glen shot right out under him. Put out by Llama and already forgetting about the big purple ram, Glen began to graze, little ram ego wounded twice in a row.

Kev walked over to the sheep and checked all three of them. "Alright, everybody else is DEFINITELY female!" He said, grabbing the dark purple sheep and bringing her over to the towel, already tying her legs up for Zurg "Want me to shear this one since you just sheared Glen?"
    Zurg
    Administrator

Administrator

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Zurg on Mon Jul 18, 2011 5:50 pm

Zurg just shook his head at Glen's pitiful display of male dominance, the alien muttering what a sorry sight it was. And to think, Glen stood up by Llama the llama. Oh, the humility. "Well, if you're sure they're all female this time then go ahead. I think you have the gist of it now. Let me clean the shearing area first, though."

Towel flicked and shears well-groomed, the Serviceman handed over the tools and gave Kev the right of way. "She's all yours, Kev. You may begin when you are ready."

Won't Leslie be so proud!

Kev

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Kev on Mon Jul 18, 2011 6:16 pm

"Yeah, I'm sure. Leslie only mentioned one Ram anyway....oh Tulsit, I'll have to get Glen fixed, or we'll have tons of little lambs!" Kev nodded before that realization dawned on him. Imagine, lambs as far as the eye could see! Oh the Extraterrestriality! That was a problem for another day though, as Kev got the dark purple sheep, named Mary, blindfolded. She was an excitable sheep, which was apparent since she struggled against the ropes on her feet.

He rubbed her sides and rubbed under her chin, trying to calm her down. "Just a few minutes Mary, I promise!" He reassured, as the sheep started to calm down. He picked the debris out of her fur and grabbed up a chunk, and started the shearing process.

Reusing Zurg's advice, Kev's shearing was smoother than his attempt on Felicia, although it took about the same time as before, 16 minutes. The sheared chunks were thicker and larger, instead of being several tiny chunks put together. He untied her legs and took the blindfold off, letting her scurry off to wherever she wanted to go, and Kev stretched before grabbing the fleece up into yet another bag, glancing at Zurg again. "Did I do a little better that time?" Only three more, the two huddled together and Lavender.
    Zurg
    Administrator

Administrator

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Zurg on Mon Jul 18, 2011 6:39 pm

Upon mentioning that Glen would need to be fixed Zurg quickly shook his head. "Before you ask, no, I will not fix your ram. Take him to Barry." Let the butcher actually butch something for once like a nut sack!

In any event, the Serviceman quietly watched Kev back to work on Mary, the little thing excited, and he made sure to keep a shadowy presence as to not pressure Kev. Didn't want the lad to accidentally harm his livestock! After about sixteen minutes, which wasn't so bad, Kev had successfully trimmed Mary down to her naked, black self and Zurg did a little polite clap. "Not too bad, and better than your last attempt. Her fleece isn't so mangled now. Try again, and this time see if you can shear the fleece as one big blanket instead of tapered ends." To help, Zurg cleaned the area yet again and also colour-coordinated the bags while getting one prepared for the next sheep's fleece.

They were making good progress!

Kev

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Kev on Mon Jul 18, 2011 7:27 pm

"Wasn't gonna Zurg. And ehehehee..I'll think about it." Barry, with his cleaver, chopping off that ram's little nuts? No thanks. That was a recipe for disaster! Like ever having Doom in the same room as someone named Delila!

Zurg had observed the shearing once more and according to him, Kev had done better then last time! Kev pumped his fist excitedly and listened to Zurg's advice again. One BIIIG blanket of fleece? Right, he'd forgotten when he had said that! He nodded and grabbed the creamy blue colored sheep, and went through the motions. Tied the legs together, blindfolded, calmed her down and stroked her belly, cleaned the fleece off, cooed her name, Bessie, and begged her to be good.

And then, the actual shearing....Kev ran over what Zurg had done to make it a big blanket in his mind, trying to remember how to do that. Kev circled around the little sheep a bit, trying to get every angle down as he looked at the sheep. After wasting a good bit of time doing that, he turned on the shears, and got to shearing. He took twice as long as normal, trying to move meticulously and carefully to make a 'blanket' of fleece. He shook his hands a bit when he was done, and gathered up the large, chunk of fleece and put it in Zurg's bag. The fleece wasn't quite as neat but the ends were untapered!

He set Bessie free, who immediately charged away from Kev and Zurg, leaving just Lavender, set aside so she wouldn't get possessive or attack Zurg and Kev, and the last, pink sheep, Lula. Kev set his butt down on the grass, soaking up some of the sunlight from the sun, which was still in rising position. "Shearing is kinda exhausting! How long did it take you to get so good at shearing, Zurg?" He asked curiously.
    Zurg
    Administrator

Administrator

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Zurg on Mon Jul 18, 2011 7:59 pm

Hmm... Zurg held up the dark purple fleece and found it much better than Kev's previous attempts as well. It was a good-sized blanket, a tad messy, but a blanket nonetheless. He picked at it to remove some unwanted tags and stuffed it neatly into its own bag. That made for five neat little packages already to go! Just two more now. The Serviceman dusted his hands together and awaited for Kev to shear the pink one, Lula.

Although, now Kev was taking a break so Zurg sat down and didn't rush him. "Shearing takes some work and skill, but with the right repetition and steady hand anyone can do it. It just takes practice." As for how long Zurg had been at it? Well, let's see... "Hmm, that's a good question. To be honest, I haven't sheared in about... a good century. Even more than that. The last time I sheared was during my... eighth cycle? To humans, that'd be around eighty years old. To us, around eight. Anyway, that's... wow, that's about 170 years ago. And then some!" Zurg was really dating himself and he just felt awful. Awful to the point of blushing, and the alien tried to fan himself with a nervous grin.

"A-Anyway, it took me several months, yes. There were many clansmen who were quicker and better than I was, but once I got the technique down?" He snapped his fingers, signifying it was a breeze. "You could never forget how to do it. Does Leslie normally do this? Now you can show her just how useful you are around the house! I'm sure she'd love that."

While he was talking he also cleaned the towel for the second to last time, and kept his hands busy by yanking out any clumps of hair from the shears.

Kev

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Kev on Mon Jul 18, 2011 9:17 pm

Kev looked over at Zurg and nodded as he spoke, absorbing his every word, like sunlight. Practice of course, practice seemed to be the key to everything. He looked at Zurg, surprised that it had been MORE THAN A CENTURY since he had last sheared something, and yet, he was still so very great at it! To say the least, Kev was amazed. He almost forgot sometimes that Zurg was several years old, a lot of life experiences that Zurg was wise about naturally.

It had taken Zurg several minutes to learn, although as soon as he got it down, he was a pro! And never forgot it! "Great! I'd like to not forget how to do this.." He tilted his head and pondered before shrugging. "I think she might have back home, but I had never seen her do it here, she was here during the winter months, so shearing them would leave them cold." He perked up at the idea of impressing Leslie with his sheep shearing.

"You know what, she probably would!" He puffed his chest out happily. He glanced back at Zurg, and the sight of Zurg's face reminded him of something: 'Bob'. The young girl who had lied and said she was Zurg's lovechild...Twi had said she was an older resident of this place...maybe Zurg knew her? He stood up, done with his little break for now, and went to grabd Lula, coming back with her and tying her little legs up, although when he stopped, he looked over at Zurg curiously.

"Hey Zurg? Do you know a young human female? I never uh...caught her name, but she was kinda dressed like you! She even had your mouth. I saw her the other day on the beach and I was curious, because Twilight Zone said she used to be here a long time ago, and I think she might have come back!" He asked.
    Zurg
    Administrator

Administrator

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Zurg on Mon Jul 18, 2011 9:29 pm

What?

Zurg paused, the alien actually stumped. It was brief, however, and the Serviceman looked up from what he was doing. "What?" Clearly he didn't comprehend what Kev was telling him and the man blinked, very perplexed. A girl like him? Was Kev joking? He had to be. Zurg couldn't have children in order for Kev to say something remotely what he was describing! Someone better not have cloned him, Zakharov.

The Serviceman handed Kev the shears, but he was still very leery. "Human female... with my mouth? Kev, don't be ridiculous." He sat back down and crossed his arms. Why was this strange topic agitating him? Zurg had thought he kept a rather good control on his emotions so far today. Funny... "There isn't anyone I know like that as far as I can recall. Now, hurry up with your sheep. We're almost done."

Why did Kev mention that...

Kev

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Kev on Mon Jul 18, 2011 9:52 pm

Zurg obviously didn't know what Kev was talking about, and maybe if Kev knew more than 'She has your mouth and is human', he might have gotten somewhere, or at least not sounded as dumb. But something told him that if he used the other details, like her being his and Jo's child, he would break out of his good mood and give Kev a good thrashing.

His good mood already seemed less cheery, which made Kev feel guilty. "I'm sorry Zurg, that was a stupid question..." He apologized meekly as he grabbed the shears and set to work getting ready to shear Lula. Cooing, stroking, picking the fleece clean, and then finally, the shearing. Like before, he tried to get an angle on the sheep, from every angle, and when he sheared, he sheared carefully.

After 20 minutes, he had sheared Lula, and although he made slightly better time, the quality was about the same as last time, but what else would you expect? First day after all. He untied her and she calmly walked over to the others, munching on the grass eagerly. Kev grabbed a bag from the toolkit and got ready to bag the fleece. "Only one sheep left now!" He said, looking back up at Zurg for the first time in those 20 minutes, still feeling ashamed for bringing up the strange girl called 'Bob'.
    Zurg
    Administrator

Administrator

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Zurg on Mon Jul 18, 2011 9:57 pm

No, really... Why had Kev said that?

Zurg continued to watch Kev carefully, but his mind was no longer 100% on making sure that the alien was keeping his shears straight. For the past twenty minutes the Serviceman was at a loss. A human figure but like him? That was impossible. His genetics were not easily transferable as some fools flunked their biology courses. He couldn't just conceive a child and then start a religion around it. Why had Kev said that? Why?

Finally the Serviceman broke the silence, and he appeared less moody but more pensive. "It's fine, Kev. There are no stupid questions just strange ideas. Pack your fleece and grab Lavender. Then we can go back." A human figure but like him...

This sounded... oddly familiar, but why couldn't he ring any bells? Maybe he should ask Kev something further. The way the alien was staring back from time to time, Zurg was led to believe that Kev knew something!

Kev

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Kev on Mon Jul 18, 2011 10:25 pm

Kev nodded and continued packing the fleece into the bag, setting the bag down with the other bags and then walking over to Lavender, grabbing her fat little self up. He carried her back over, tying her legs together, and pet her happily, although she still seemed displeased with this. Kev cooed at her, scratched several spots on her head, and picked the debris out, she had tons of it. He glanced over at Zurg in the middle of his picking and noticed that he had a look on his face. Not 'I'm going to shot something', not that look no, he looked like he was...pondering something? Maybe he was figuring out who Bob was! After all, she knew Zurg's name...and also said she was his child, but still, she said his name first, not him! A liar she was, but she KNEW Zurg.

He tied the blindfold on the sheep and like before, sheared her fleece off. Steady hands, taking great care in his shearing. As much as he was paying attention to this though, he was still thinking over this Bob-Zurg thing. Kev now felt he really, really, REALLY should have kept his not-mouth shut, but it was too late now...he'd just deal with the consequences.

He freed Lavender, who joined her other sheep, every black sheep out there just baaing and grazing lazily, but much happier now that they weren't overheating. He bagged up the fleece and grabbed as many bags as he could, which was four bags.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Dec 15, 2017 11:05 am