Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

What's this About the Fluffy Ones?

Post by Zurg on Sun Jul 17, 2011 6:43 am

Time: 6:00 PBT
    Date: 7/15/2011

The world was quiet. Birds were still roosting in their nests, and the wildlife had yet to transition from night into day; those that were nocturnal going back into their dens and burrows as the day began to awake. The clouds were covered in a soft dark blue, pink lighting up down at the far horizon where the sun was beginning to peak. On the grass was the fresh morning dew, and insects were already fast at work going about their day. Nothing stirred save for the infant wind, the trees rustling soothingly to themselves. It would seem that the meadow's day had yet to start, but that didn't hold true to the recent visitor...

Even before the crack of dawn Zurg was already at Kev's residence, the alien just content to wandering around and aimlessly walking through the scenery. He first stopped at the creek not too far, pausing to see the tiny minnows with their flickering scales swim about. From there he traveled over towards the old stone fence, in which he studied the old peat moss growing upon it and fiddling with the rolling insects that inhabited a few crevices. The cool grass between his toes and the morning chill at his back, the Serviceman soaked in all he wanted to absorb and for the longest time he was just content to lay in a field and look up at the sky. During all this time he was silent, pensive, and he slowly watched as the night's embrace peeled away as the conversations he had had hours ago went with it; the sun's rays vanquishing all darkness slowly but surely.

Not too far off a lark crooned in the distance and he sat up, realizing how long he had dazed about. It should be time for work soon. Kev was probably expecting him. Deciding not to put back his sandals, Zurg walked through the land barefoot and found the old dirt road, taking it straight to the green alien's little cottage.

It was a cozy place, very charming, and it seemed peaceful enough. Maybe the Serviceman would find tranquility along with it. He had a lot to think about.

The smooth, stone porch was cool against his bare skin and not to be rude, Zurg held up a balled fist and politely knocked upon the homely door. "Hello! Serviceman." He called out, hoping someone was hope. Perhaps he woke up Kev a little too early... Zurg had always been something of an early bird when he never slept.

For now, however, he took a step back away from the door and waited. Wonder what Kev had planned on needing today?

In unity, before the Nine, I softly speak in #669999.
    But, in One's animosity, I hold command in #99FF00.
    Kev

Level : 60

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Re: What's this About the Fluffy Ones?

Post by Kev on Sun Jul 17, 2011 9:25 am

Amazingly, Kev actually WAS up at such a time, a lamp on beside him and a nose stuck in that book Proxy had given him about plants and gardening. One hand was holding up the book while the other was petting Shally, who was fast sleep against his leg. Percy was asleep on a nearby pillow, and Oscar had been laying down. Laying down until a knock came at the door that is. He quickly got up to the door and started barking, as if the knocking didn't already tell Kev they had company.

Kev put the book down and rolled his eyes. "Oscar, shush! Down boy!" He said, grabbing the little dog up and putting him on the couch. He eyed the door a bit though. Serviceman? Who was that? The voice sounded like Zurg...but his name as Zurg, not serviceman! He opened the door a crack, eyes narrowed suspiciously. The figure was indeed Zurg though! In that strange outfit he was forced to wear!

"Oh hi Zurg!" He must be here to do his...service duties! Kev clasped his hands together eagerly, although he felt like he had to offer Zurg something to eat or drink. Had he eaten before coming here? Kev HAD bought some shrimp from that tacky seafood place, but that was for Zurg after he'd done his work. "You want some tea or something before you start working?"
    Zurg
    Administrator

Administrator

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Zurg on Sun Jul 17, 2011 2:33 pm

Bark, bark! Oh, Kev had dogs...?

There was a little nagging feeling in the back of Zurg's mind. Dogs? He wasn't comfortable around dogs. Actually, Zurg wasn't really an animal person. Homo and Shalti were just about pushing it. Since when did Kev get dogs!? Would they bite!? Would they leave fur everywhere!? Would Zurg step in little chocolate buttons!? Egads, dogs! Zurg didn't betray his surprise, however, and thankfully he kept cool. Kev was opening the door!

The moment he saw the little green sucker he immediately noticed how Kev stared -- for just a few seconds. "Good day, Kev, and yes; I am in uniform. You may touch me if you wish. Everyone seems to have twitchy fingers as of late." It must be the tie and shirt. Must be. When asked if he was thirsty, Zurg had to think. Well, he hadn't had anything since yesterday afternoon. Was he thirsty or hungry? Something was telling him no, but... "Water would be nice, if you don't mind. I probably should hydrate myself before work. That would be kind of you. May I come in? Or, is the work outside? Lead the way whenever you're ready, Mr. Kev."

So far, so good. No death rays or laser beams going off yet!

Kev

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Kev on Sun Jul 17, 2011 11:10 pm

...Zurg was giving him permission to touch him? Kev cocked his head, although he did reach out and stroke the tie, such a lovely non-strangling tie!~ He'd never gotten permission to touch Zurg before, this was...weird.

Kev nodded, water it was! Which was good, he still didn't really know how to make tea. "The work's outside, I'll bring the water to you and then I'll show you to the sheep!" He answered happily, before pausing to cock his head at the purple alien again. Mr....Kev? Zurg, EVIL EMPEROR ZURG, was calling HIM, Mr. Kev? In all the nearly year and a half that he'd known the alien, he had NEVER called him Mister.

Kev continued his way back into the cottage, into the house, grabbing a small glass and getting some nice, crisp water from the tap, still pondering this...strange Zurg behavior. Had he hurt his head? Was this....AN IMPOSTER?! He returned to Zurg on the porch and handed him the glass, squinting at him. "Are you REALLY Zurg? You're not an evil imposter or...something right?" He couldn't help but be suspicious! Zurg didn't usually let him touch his clothes or call him Mister! It was...surreal!
    Zurg
    Administrator

Administrator

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Zurg on Sun Jul 17, 2011 11:36 pm

Yes... figures Kev could not resist. Could anyone resist? Maybe it really was the tie! Jo seemed to love it. "Sure thing, Mr. Kev. I shall wait right here." And off the little green booger went, Zurg rocking on his heels to pass the time. This was a really lovely cottage... And the scenery is gorgeous. So calm and pleasing! Wait, was Zurg starting to think how nice nature was!? Maybe he really was an imposter!

Thankfully before Zurg became full-on hippy Kev came back with a good, chilled glass and the alien took it happily. "Thank you, Mr. Kev! I hope you remembered a straw! Not all of us can exactly, ahah, masticate." Sounded like something else, but not quite what you were thinking of. Taking a sip Zurg felt cooled already and he chuckled at the smaller alien's interrogation. "Oh, Kev... I thought you would have known, you nosy thing! I'm being punished! See the uniform?" He showcased himself by turning around in a full circle. "I need to help people for two weeks in order to clear my name, or something like that. Who knows anymore... Anyway, no, I'm not an imposter. I'm really Zurg. Horns and all. Now, your sheep? I bet the poor things are just baking in their thick fleece!"

Shame on Kev for not taking care of them while Leslie was away!

Kev

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Kev on Sun Jul 17, 2011 11:54 pm

THERE IT WAS AGAIN! Mr. Kev! No one ever called him that! Except for kids! Like the Links! This was...it was...Kev couldn't even describe it. It was as if he'd been transported to a world where Zurg was sweet and polite! Kev's frenzied thinking on Zurg's mental welfare was interrupted with the weird m word and the mention of a straw. Kev slunk back into the cottage and grabbed a straw, putting it in the glass sheepishly as Zurg attempted to explain...if this really WAS Zurg!

He had heard about the punishment, and the uniform, he had seen it once! But....why would that make him act all...weird? Then again, this was ZURG we're talking about. Maybe he was taking this 'helping people' thing VERY SERIOUSLY, which meant being polite.....which might mean he'd catch up on the 'Being an Evil Emperor'ness when he got back to normal. Which meant that Kev better enjoy this politeness while he could!

He nodded sheepishly, feeling very guilty. "Yeah, Leslie's poor little sheep are so hot and sweaty, but I don't know how to shear sheep! What if I cut skin off? But you, you are Zurg! And you know how to do so many things! So I figured, you probably know how to shear sheep!~ I have a bag we can put the 'fleece' into for when Leslie gets back. She knows how to turn it into clothes, not me." He said, reaching back into the cottage once more to get shears, and a duffel bag. "Ready for some sheep shearing?~"
    Zurg
    Administrator

Administrator

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Zurg on Mon Jul 18, 2011 12:23 am

Look at Kev, being... Kev. All confused and staring now that Zurg was taking his job VERY SERIOUSLY. Well, the man had to! If he didn't do a good job Kev could complain and give the Serviceman a bad report! Zurg didn't want that. Red would probably make him do yet another week of servitude!

"Kev, Kev, Kev." Zurg shook his head while sipping again, and picked up his toolkit. "Sometimes in order to get things done around the house you need to actually try it. You won't get much done if you wait on others! What would Leslie say?" She probably didn't mind if she could put up with Kev's consistent confusion. Poor lass... Kev was as useful as a sack of potatoes sometimes, but he had a real sweet heart. Did it taste sweet, Zurg wondered? "We can put it in a bag, or..." The Serviceman thought to himself, tapping his teeth with the straw. "...or, I can show you how to make clothes myself. I used to do that, you know. Well, back in my younger years. Did you know I had been a shepherd for seven years? Now you do!" Today felt like a good day.

...Maybe he was catching something.

He could medicate himself later; now was time to take care of those sheep! Zurg loved herd animals. "I'm ready when you are, Mr. Kev. Just lead the way."

Kev was a smart alien. He had better use this politeness while he could. There was no telling when Zurg would have one of his magical mood swings!

Kev

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Kev on Mon Jul 18, 2011 12:48 am

Kev tapped his fingers ashamedly and sighed. "She'd say 'Ah Ghra, you never know if you can do things if you try! Now stop making me do all the cooking and taking care of the sheep even though they belong to me and I went up into Space!'. I just wouldn't want to shave off something important....like a face. Sheep need those!"

He listened as Zurg offered to show him how to make clothes with the sheep fur, something that he was sure Leslie would appreciate greatly! She would probably wanna relax when she got home, permanently, from being in Space, and it would be nice to surprise her with the pendant AND clothes, instead of saddling her with a new thing to do around this place. "I did not know that, and thank you Zurg, that's a great idea! You genius Evil Emperor you." Kev chuckled, although he still felt like this polite Zurg was so very strange.

Zurg called him Mister again, and asked him to lead the way, to which Kev nodded and started to lead the alien to the sheep. Kev didn't know exactly where they were though, so he first started off towards the creek, looking here and there for those furry little bundles of fur. Not too far from the creek though, were several shapes huddled under a shady tree.

"Sorry, we usually just let them wander around, the fence, Biddy, and Llama usually keep them from wandering too far from home!" Kev said as he led the purple alien to the spot under the tree. The first furry lump was a big lump, just chomping away at cud and staring off into space. This was Llama the llama. At the alien's approach, Llama turned its head to look at them, just chewing and staring. Kev leaned over to Zurg, squinting at the llama.

"Careful, he spits.." He warned softly. Sidestepping beside Llama, they saw them: 7 colorful sheep, fast asleep in the shade and grass, and one furry sheepdog named Biddy, looking over the sleeping sheep. She cocked her head at the two aliens and Kev waved at the dog, before turning back to Zurg. "Would shaving 7 sheep be too much, or is that okay?" He didn't want to overwork Zurg, Jo had a wrench with his name on it if he did!
    Zurg
    Administrator

Administrator

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Zurg on Mon Jul 18, 2011 2:10 am

"All is not lost, Kev! You'll be useful when I'm done with you." Zurg gave Kev a hearty slap upon the back, the smack just cringe-worthy, and the stronger alien of the two cackled. This guy looked like he seriously bench press Kev's face. Maybe even his sheep in the other hand, too!

Upon being called a genius, which was just a terrible mistake on Kev's part, the Serviceman played it off like it was nothing but he really did fancy such talk. What a great big purple peacock. "Oh, don't be so flattering, Kev. You're buttering me up like a lobster and I haven't done anything yet! You'll spoil me." Not that Zurg didn't mind being pampered now and then. But alas, the pampering had to wait and Kev started to lead him off towards the creek, both aliens on the path to adventure.

We're following the leader, the leader, the leader! We're following the leader, the leader, the leader!

A shady tree was not too far away, and near that little tree were little lumps of fur! The first bundle of shaggy hair belonged to some kind of... tall... smelly... lanky animal. A llama? What in the Cosmos was that? It was kinda... dirty-looking. Kev's warning was also something to raise a brow at and Zurg whispered back. "So I see... I'll be sure to scrub with sanitizer more than once." But when the Serviceman saw the dog and multi-coloured sheep, the alien clasped his hands together and proceeded to do the strangest thing possible.

He cooed.

"Awww, how cute~! Look! You even have a purple one! Oh, several shades of purple ones~!" Consider Zurg tickled pink, because he found the fluffy things just adorable.

Okay, maybe Zurg was just a little sick.

Sick in the head.

He turned to Kev and slapped a big, strong arm around the green alien's shoulder. "Don't worry, Kev! I can handle these babies no problem. If I could watch a herd for days without sleep and take care of them living on one meal a day, I can shear seven sheep. Just specify if you want to do that here, or somewhere secure like a barn." Did Kev even have a barn?

Kev

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Kev on Mon Jul 18, 2011 2:28 am

Becoming useful was something that sounded good to Kev, very good indeed...but the hearty slap on the back was NOT very good, in fact, it was almost painful! Kev, you such a weakling...he didn't dare insult Zurg by twitching on the ground from the pain, and instead nodded. He snickered and tried to give Zurg a slap on the back. "Oh Zurg, I haven't even begun to butter you up!~"

The introduction of Zurg and the animals was very uneventful at first, Zurg promised to scrub with sanitizer in case Llama spit on him. But the second he saw the sheep he...cooed. Clasped his hands together...and cooed. Very slightly, Kev's eye twitched. But hey, this was good. No deaths! Shouldn't look a gift-horse in the mouth!

"If you want a piece of clothing from the purple fleece, you can have some!~" Kev offered, pleasantly surprised at Zurg's very good and happy mood. Slightly disturbed, but pleasantly surprised. Zurg slapped an arm around his shoulders and recounted an experience where he watched a herd for days while eating one meal a day. "Whoa.....that's pretty hardcore Zurg!" He said, blinking with astonishment. Zurg asked if he had to shave them here or a barn. Oh Kev would say barn, except...they didn't have a barn.

"Sorry, no barn! I guess we'll have to do it here!" It was a good thing Zurg had come over so early, the sun was barely peeking over the sky, imagine if he had come over in his skirt in the afternoon! Can you say heat stroke?
    Zurg
    Administrator

Administrator

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Zurg on Mon Jul 18, 2011 2:40 am

Oho, so Kev hadn't even begun to sing the praise, had he? Yes, Zurg was going to like this very, VERY much. Dun, dun, duuuun! "No barn, huh? Guess I'll just have to be even more hardcore and shear them on the spot. Tools, if you please?"

The Serviceman found a rather nice stump to sit upon, something that wasn't harsh against his boxer-covered bruuka (yes, he was wearing underwear for once), and he put on his glasses. Just in case he couldn't see too well, and it never hurt to be prepared. Victory favoured preparation, after all! From his toolkit he pulled out a large towel in which the sheep would stand upon, some ointment for dry skin, gloves, and... oh, a magazine for Kev so he could pass the time. If the alien wanted to read, of course.

"Okay, Kev! I'm all set up, but first... I have to ask a few questions." Zurg knew what he was doing, so Kev should feel safe. "I need the youngest to go first, and have the sheep been properly fasted? A full stomach adds to discomfort. I'll also need any possessive sheep to be steered away so they don't get violent. Oh, and this." The Serviceman took out a rope and a stake, in which he ground the stake into the earth and tied the rope around the head tightly. "So the sheep don't run off. I can't shear them properly if they get antsy! Do any have anxiety with strangers? We should blindfolds those who do."

Hope Kev knew his sheep!

Kev

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Kev on Mon Jul 18, 2011 3:04 am

Kev nodded and grabbed out the electric shears, watching curiously as Zurg set up his tools, which consisted of a towel, some kind of ointment, gloves, ooh, and a magazine! Kev obviously made the right call in bringing Zurg in to shave his sheep, especially when he listed the questions Kev had to answer.

Kev handed Zurg the shears as he tried to answer to the best of his abilities. "The youngest one is the dark blue one, Suzy, I...think the last time they ate was probably last night, does that count? The only 'possessive' sheep would probably be Lavender, the white one, and none of them seem too anxious with strangers, but then the only strangers they met was Jo and Proxy...they seemed to like them though!" The sheep stirred, letting out a few bleats and 'baws' as they woke up and looked over at their strange male owner and some new male.

Kev grabbed Lavender, who looked at Kev like he was insane, and carried her away from where they were shearing, pointing her face away as well. He came back to the flock and grabbed Suzy, carrying her over to Zurg and letting him tie the rope around her head. She bleated and struggled a bit, confused, and Biddy eyed the two alien males cautiously. The dog had been bought to look over the sheep after all, and all she could see was a purple creature and a struggling sheep.

"We should probably blindfold her, I think she's intimidated by you!" Who isn't, Zurg is the epitomy of Manliness! He patted her side, shaking his head at the sheep like a displeased parent. "Come on Suzy, we're trying to help you feel better! Don't you want your wool off?"
    Zurg
    Administrator

Administrator

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Zurg on Mon Jul 18, 2011 5:01 am

Oh, good! Electric shears! Zurg took them carefully and set them at his side; he'd be using them soon enough, but first the sheep! Zurg watched Kev tether Lavender away, and soon Suzy was brought to him to be the first. Oh, would you just look at this darling dark blue coat! He had never seen such a sheep before! Well, even a sheep! "Hold Suzy steady for me, Kev. I need to tie up her feet." With rope in hand the Serviceman gently laid the sheep down, stroking her sides as he did so, and he calmly wrangled all four of her feet together. This was so that she wouldn't move or try to jerk away, and the more still they were the less they could be harmed during the shearing. Wouldn't want to harm any of Kev's precious livestock.

Suzy tied down safely, Zurg then took out a blindfold from his toolkit and steadily wrapped it around the sheep's head. This would be so that she wasn't startled or annoyed; again, to keep the animal still. There. The sheep was now still upon the clean towel, and he could start the first process. "When you shear a sheep, or any animal..." He began, starting to carefully and meticulously pick away any unneeded debris from Suzy's coat. This would be twigs, leaves, and things like that. "...you want to make sure they are secure as possible so that they don't become injured. A good method is to tie down their legs and to blindfold them. Notice how still Suzy is?" As Zurg was giving Kev some pointers the alien was rubbing a purple hand across her sides, attempting to calm down the animal so she would relax. "It helps to have a calm session. Normally you do this in a pen, but I have a feeling we shouldn't have any issues. You should also have a clean area for the animal to stand or lay on whilst being sheared as well. I brought the towel as example. Now, the actual shearing."

Hopefully Kev had one of those quieter models, and Zurg brought the tool over before calmly flicking it on.

Zrrzrrzzrrrzrrzrzrzrrrzz...!

Eh, not so bad, but he could tell the animals may get restless. The Serviceman counted on the herding dog and the llama to do their jobs, keeping the rest of the sheep in line. With tool in hand now, Zurg felt his hand around softly upon Suzy's body and gripped a good portion (firmly and still gently) around the sheep's neck. "And now, we shear!" There was a press of the blades, the comb and cutter of the shear catching onto the fleece, and just like that... Suzy's coat started to peel away like fat off a tenderized piece of meat. It was really like a barber shaving a rugged beard, and Zurg continued to always grip the section he wanted before shearing. If Suzy ever became afraid or upset, Zurg would pat her gently and coo to her. "You're such a good girl, Suzy. You're doing a great job. Just relax, just relax..."

Zzzrrrzrzzrzzzzzz!

Off came Suzy's dark blue fleece patch by patch, and if Kev was paying attention he could audibly hear Zurg humming as he worked. A clump here, a clump there, clumps, clumps everywhere! Soon, in about seven minutes to be safe (Zurg was a little rusty), Suzy was as naked as a little black thing and the massive dark blue blanket that was her fleece lay rested at one corner of the expansive towel. It almost looked like a shaggy rug! Just like that, the sheep had been safely sheared. Didn't seem so hard, right? The Serviceman cleaned his fingers upon his lap and carefully started to untie Suzy, the man first unwrapping her legs and then the blindfold.

Free! Suzy was free to do what she pleased, and Zurg quickly picked out her fleece from the shear's blades. He also pulled out some bags from his kit as well, bending over to neatly place Suzy's healthy fleece into one and separating it from the rest. They needed to be kept apart due to colour differences. Finished with that, the Serviceman cleaned the towel for the next sheep, and he leaned back to glance over at Kev. "See? Not so hard. Why don't you get the next one and you can have a go. It's just like shaving, even though we're both aliens who don't have hair."

As strange as that was...

Kev

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Kev on Mon Jul 18, 2011 1:32 pm

Kev nodded and held Suzy down and steady as Zurg tied up her legs, one hand on her shoulders, the other on her flank. Zurg stroked her anytime she got restless and the way he tied er up was very gently, instead of rough and carefree. The idea of tying his sheep like this was a little unnerving, but Zurg knew what to do. He could tell just by how he was tending to every little issue with Suzy!

He picked debris out of her fur as he relayed to Kev that the best way to shear a sheep was to keep them still and secure. Kev nodded, trying to remember this for future reference. He couldn't just wait around for Zurg to get in trouble again, now could he? He rubbed her calmly as he spoke, saying the sheep needed to be calmed before really shearing, and a clean place for the sheared fur.

The second the shears turned on, the other five sheep crowded together nervously, bleating at the strange noise. Biddy stood up and barked at them, using her head to usher them away from the noise, just a few feet, and they settled down. Llama just kept chewing his cud, lazy fiend.

Zurg grabbed a chunk of blue fleece by her neck firmly, and very easily, brought the shears down and sheared that chunk off! "That looks so easy!" Kev could barely believe how quick and easy that was! No blood, no mess, no struggling, no hole opening up in the ground, just fleece coming off and exposing a patch of black skin. In what seemed like no time flat, the humming and shearing had ceased, and right there in front of Kev was a little black sheep and a pile of fleece.

"Tulsit, I've never seen a sheep without its wool! That looks amazing! She looks so bald!" As soon as Zurg had untied the sheep, Kev reached down and pet her back. Sure enough, that was skin, not fleece. Or at least, if it was fur, it didn't feel like the fleece! Kev stopped petting her and Suzy quickly tottered away to munch some grass, although she didn't look sluggish or overheated anymore!

Zurg bagged up the dark blue fleece, and glanced back at him, offering to let him try the next one. Kev tapped his fingers together and nodded, making his way to the flock of sheep. Lavender was still set side, she'd be best saved for last. After seeing Zurg do it, he really wanted to try it too, although he still felt a little skittish. Kev bent over and grabbed up the light blue sheep. "Your turn Felecia!~" He announced to the little sheep. He set her down on the towel and got on his knees in front of Zurg, looking at the sheep and trying to remember the steps.

First, he laid her on her side, patting her softly and cooing to her. "Be a god girl for daddy Felecia! Be a good girl~" He tied the legs up together as gently as he could, glancing up at Zurg every few minutes to see how he was doing. Tying the rope was a little hard, but he eventually got it tight enough without cutting off her sheep's circulation. They wouldn't need a blindfold, because even now, she hadn't stirred at all. Felecia was a mellow sheep. Kev picked out the little sticks and leaves and prickers in the fleece, getting his fingers tangled in her a few times but otherwise getting everything.

Next, calming session! Kev cooed to her again, stroking her side and stroking the spot between her eyes, a sweet spot for this sheep. With the sheep mellower than a college Frat boy on Marijuana, Kev tentatively grabbed up the shears. He switched it on and jerked, expecting Felecia to buck and go crazy, but she didn't. He reached down, trying to get a spot by her neck and grabbed it firmly, steadily. Slowly, he brought the shears down, shearing off most of that piece. In Kev's inexperienced hands, he hadn't gotten the whole chunk off as smoothly, but that first shear went much smoother than he had expected!

He glanced back up at Zurg eagerly and continued, grabbing chunks and shearing them off. It took more than twice as long as it did for Zurg, and Kev had to go over her coat again to get a few strays chunks he had missed, but overall Kev's first shear went by very well! He untied Felecia who calmly walked over to Suzy. He put all of the fleece in a pile on the towel and grabbed out one of Zurg's bags, glancing back at Zurg. "How'd I do?~" He asked with schoolboy enthusiasm, bagging the sheared fleece happily. 2 down, five to go!
    Zurg
    Administrator

Administrator

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Zurg on Mon Jul 18, 2011 4:22 pm

Well, well, well! Seems Kev was eager to learn, after all! Not so useless as a sack of potatoes anymore, was he? "By all means, Kev, have at it!" Zurg stepped away and to the side, allowing the green alien more room to work with.

First, he noticed Kev doing exactly what the Serviceman had done before: tying the sheep down upon the cleaned towel and keeping it calm. Good! Seems Felecia, as she was called, was a lot more mellow and this would be good for Kev's first try. Next, Zurg oversaw carefully as Kev started the shearing process. It wasn't smooth, no, but it was rather steady and painless. He nodded silently whenever Kev looked up, giving the frail lad some reassurance, and before you knew it... "Well done, Kev! You actually sheared your first sheep and the world didn't explode!" Some humour, and knowing Zurg it was bound to be strange. "Now, let's see how you did."

He felt the sheep's skin, running his fingers lightly across the black hide and he noticed the fleece. "Hmm, not bad, but the next time you shear it'd be easier if you kept the fleece as one big piece; like a blanket, really. It's easier for processing that way. Still, you did good work. Why, I'll make a shepherd boy out of you yet, Kev, and Leslie will be thrilled! Let's have the next one." Zurg was sure to clean the towel first as well as the shears before patting Kev squarely on the back.

And here the alien thought Kev was just something pretty to look at sometimes.

Current date/time is Mon Oct 23, 2017 5:34 am