500/500  (500/500)
    Stamina Bar:
    90/90  (90/90)

Things left un-forgiven and unsaid.

Post by Leo on Wed Jul 06, 2011 5:30 pm

Time: 5:00 PM
    Date: 07.10.11

"Talk to Jo."

Was what Hellboy had told him to do. Talk, like it was going to be that easy after how awkward they both were. Both of them obviously carrying some emotional baggage of some kind or other. Leo wasn't sure he really wanted to talk to Jo either, she seemed to get defensive whenever he talked to her anymore and it irritated him. But he also didn't not want to talk to Jo.

There was obviously more between them that hand't been resolved the last time they met. Even though Leo had forgiven her, or at least he thought he had forgiven her for lying. Now he wasn't so sure anymore.

Opening the stores door he headed on inside, taking in all of the strange parts and machines that he could see. So this was her chop shop huh? Was she even here? Leo hoped that Jo was here and not her robot Proxy for several reasons. First, the robot was an ass. Second, the last time they had met Proxy had not seemed happy that Leo was talking to Jo about Sonia's death. If they met again Leo wasn't sure if Proxy would even let Leo see Jo.
    [INACT.] P|20XY
    Inactive Account

Inactive Account

Level : 1

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    10/10  (10/10)
    Health Bar:
    60/60  (60/60)
    Stamina Bar:
    10/10  (10/10)

Re: Things left un-forgiven and unsaid.

Post by [INACT.] P|20XY on Thu Jul 07, 2011 12:25 am

Unfortunately for both Leo's sake and Proxy's, the sleek blue robot was the one to spot Leo first. Proxy and Zeb would usually mind the top floor of the shop, after all, while Creator-Josephine dealt with more complex tasks without having to worry about stopping halfway and risking a mistake.

Therefore, Proxy was the one who came into view to greet the customer -- that is, until he saw who it was. The robot's single optic narrowed, the light blue shade deepening. "Leo-Officer," he ground out. What the cosmos was he doing here? If he was here to cause more trouble for Creator-Josephine he would sorely regret it. However, it was not store policy to drive away customers, even if they were people Proxy would not normally wish to associate with. "Are you in need of any repairs?"

Of course, if he wasn't here to be a customer, then there probably shouldn't be any problem in putting him in his place...
    Leo
    Petabyte

Petabyte

Level : 45

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    500/500  (500/500)
    Stamina Bar:
    90/90  (90/90)

Post by Leo on Thu Jul 07, 2011 2:59 pm

Oh wonderful, just wonderful. Leo had dreaded just this encounter, okay that was a lie because there were a couple of encounters that he dreaded. But this was the encounter that could prevent the other encounter that he actually needed.

Leo saw Proxy narrow his optics at him and nodded politely in return. Keeping a calm and level mind, that was how he was going to get through this. That was how he was going to get to talk to Jo.

No thank you I'm not in need of repairs today. I've actually just come to talk to Jo as advise by my superior Hellboy.
    [INACT.] P|20XY
    Inactive Account

Inactive Account

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    10/10  (10/10)
    Health Bar:
    60/60  (60/60)
    Stamina Bar:
    10/10  (10/10)

Post by [INACT.] P|20XY on Fri Jul 08, 2011 2:08 am

Proxy processed this information, reaching several conclusions in the fraction of a second. He fixed Leo with his optic again and couldn't resist making an inquiry. "Your superior sent you here, you said?"

Now, that could mean one of several things. Either Leo was here unofficially on official police business, which the robot was sure was against some sort of officer rulebook, or he was simply using his superior as an excuse to get to talk to Creator-Josephine.

"May I ask what the reason behind your visit is? I'm afraid I can't let you see her unless I know more details."
    Leo
    Petabyte

Petabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    500/500  (500/500)
    Stamina Bar:
    90/90  (90/90)

Post by Leo on Fri Jul 08, 2011 2:31 am

Leo nodded at the inquiry of the robot, Hellboy did advise me to come and talk to Jo At Proxy's further questioning Leo had to fight the urge to frown. Why couldn't the robot just let him talk to her? Was he honestly that big of a threat, or did Proxy just not like him? He really didn't want to tell Proxy why he needed to talk to Jo either, he just had the most horrible suspicion that the robot would scoff at his reason and try to send him away.

When Jo and I talked last time, there are things that I feel were left unsaid, issues that remain unresolved. What happened left marks on both of us I think, and mine run deeper than what I originally thought they did. I had thought I had forgiven her, but how we've acted around eachother lately would prove otherwise. She doesn't particularly seem to be comfortable around me either. God spilling himself out this much to a robot he didn't really like better get him results, really if this didn't convince proxy to let him see Jo nothing would. And there would be nothing Leo would be able to do about it either, it wasn't like he could knock proxy out and demand that Jo see him.

I want to do something about this. I want to talk to Jo to try and understand why things are remaining this way and to find a solution to the problem. There, he said it all. If Proxy refused to allow him to see her there was nothing else he could do.
    [INACT.] P|20XY
    Inactive Account

Inactive Account

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    10/10  (10/10)
    Health Bar:
    60/60  (60/60)
    Stamina Bar:
    10/10  (10/10)

Post by [INACT.] P|20XY on Fri Jul 08, 2011 2:44 am

Proxy had never personally met the Chief of Law Headquarters, but he had heard of him. Some sort of gruff demon man who had affiliations with Zurg-Emperor. He'd heard a bit from Creator-Josephine, but not enough to form an actual opinion so far.

Leo-Officer gave Proxy his reasons on seeing his creator, and the robot was not bemused by the news, but rather bemused the reasoning behind them. How dare he come in now, of all times, seeking forgiveness? However, Proxy was feeling more charitable after the vacation, and it had helped Creator-Josephine's mood immensely, as well. If there was any time his creator would be willing to talk with someone from the past, that time would be now. After all, they all wanted this to be a thing of the past, and Proxy had done all he could for Creator-Josephine. Now it was time for those involved in the heart of the matter to settle things.

"Very well," Proxy conceded a little gratingly. "You may go see her -- she's in the basement -- but if you upset her in any way I will not be lenient." He moved aside to let him pass, fixing him with his stare. "And that's a promise."
    Leo
    Petabyte

Petabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    500/500  (500/500)
    Stamina Bar:
    90/90  (90/90)

Post by Leo on Fri Jul 08, 2011 8:31 pm

I'll remember that. Leo replied before walking past the robot. In his head his reply to the annoying hunk of metal had been more along the lines of "I do hope that if I hurt Jo's feelings that she's adult enough to talk it out with me instead of having some ugly hunk of metal fight her battles for her like he's her mommy. "

But of course this was in leo's head. Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay in the back of leo's head where it would never be heard by mortal ear. After all Leo had to remain calm, he had to be the better person here. If Jo or Proxy or anyone else for that matter got angry at him he had to let them, and he had to be perfectly fine about that. Because unlike proxy or Jo if Leo got angry at other people it would come back on him as a police officer, just like it would for all of the police officers who acted out of their places.

But even more than the simple threat of his reputation Leo wanted to be the better person, Leo wanted to be the one to remain calm even if Jo was screaming at him.

So deep into the basement Leo went, making sure he didn't touch anything until he found Jo at last.
    Jo Pistonne
    Zettabyte

Zettabyte

Level : 60

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Jo Pistonne on Sat Jul 09, 2011 1:14 am

Once Leo reached the basement, he would be able to hear the sounds of Jo meticulously banging on something, her hammer ringing against metal with a clang, clang, clang! She paused in her hammering to inspect the contraption before getting down on her knees and crawling beneath it, stowing way hr hammer and pulling out a wrench. Concentrating on the piping situated underneath the cruiser, she pulled on her goggles and a wrench, examining the underside in order to reach the new pipe she was installing as she replaced the old. The entire process only took a few minutes as she was experienced in this sort of thing, but then she'd have to meld the two parts together. This required the use of a torch.

She crawled out from underneath the cruiser and pushed off her goggles, reaching for her welding mask, but before she could put it on she noticed someone standing nearby. "Oh, Zeb! Is that you? You scared me! Did you -- ?" But Jo quickly realized that no, it wasn't Zeb, he was too tall for that, and she slowly turned her face towards them, wondering why she'd have a customer come downstairs in her workshop on their own.

But no, it was no ordinary customer. It was a face Jo hadn't been expecting to see anytime soon after her cruise. And if Leo paid attention, he'd see that under all the grime Jo had gotten a tan, but not that much of a tan so that she was unrecognizable.

"Oh! Leo! I... wasn't expecting you." A little flustered at being caught at her workplace in such a state, she rubbed her hands clean on her pants before remembering she had a rag protruding from her back pocket, which she withdrew and wiped her hands on. "What can I help you with...?" No one could deny the tension, but if Leo was here for something it would be rude of Jo to turn him down. She would just have to wait to see what he needed.
    Leo
    Petabyte

Petabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    500/500  (500/500)
    Stamina Bar:
    90/90  (90/90)

Post by Leo on Sun Jul 10, 2011 1:09 am

Well finding Jo certainly hadn't been hard. All Leo had had to do was follow the large amount of noise. She appeared to be working on some sort of vehicle, but then again it could have been a giant toaster for all Leo could have figured. Jo turned to look at him now, thought it seemed like she may have confused him for someone else. Zeb? Wasn't he that one with the Russian accent?

Jo. Sorry to drop in so suddenly on you. Leo nodded politely. There are some, things..that I wanted to talk to you about. If you had enough time.
    Jo Pistonne
    Zettabyte

Zettabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Jo Pistonne on Sun Jul 10, 2011 2:33 am

"Uh..." Well, this was awkward. This was really awkward. Catching her right in the middle of her work and all. Well, it wasn't like the pipe would be falling apart anytime soon just because she hadn't melded the two pieces together, so her taking a break now would actually be convenient. But this was Leo, Sonia's brother, the one who was always in her face in the sanctuary and trying to one-up her. What was he doing here suddenly being all humble? It just didn't add up and Jo couldn't help but feel suspicious at his intentions.

"I can take a break for some chitchat, I guess." She pulled up two battered chairs, slightly dusty, which she tried to clean up with her rag, then pushed one over to Leo before taking a seat in the other. "So tell me what's on your mind. I won't bite unless you give me a reason to." Like the way he'd constantly stick his nose where he wasn't supposed to whenever she was talking with someone. Craters, she hated people who just tried to include themselves in private conversations.
    Leo
    Petabyte

Petabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    500/500  (500/500)
    Stamina Bar:
    90/90  (90/90)

Post by Leo on Sun Jul 10, 2011 10:59 pm

So far she wasn't throwing her wrench at him so that was good. Of course they hadn't started talking yet either, and her temper appeared to have only worsened since Dark's reign so a wrench to the head could well be headed his way. Leo sat down across from Jo, keeping his eyes on her just in case she did have some weapon on her body somewhere.

He really wouldn't put it past her, what with as defensive as she had acted the last few days. Ahhh but stop that, he berated himself. He wasn't here to be defensive as well. He was here to settle this maturely and as quickly as possible so he could get back to his job without any problems. Because being like this wasn't okay, Leo didn't like disliking the people he was suppose to protect. It left a bad taste in his mouth.

When we talked in the factory, I feel like it didn't fix anything. In fact i'd say that we're both pretty uncomfortable with eachother now.
    Jo Pistonne
    Zettabyte

Zettabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Jo Pistonne on Mon Jul 11, 2011 1:59 am

Jo swung her legs back and forth, waiting for him to finally speak up. She didn't like the way he was looking at her, sizing her up. What was she, a slab of moozle chops? Cosmos, the guy was so paranoid, she was surprised he even had the guts to come all the way down here to talk to her.

And some talking. When he opened that mouth of his, all he really said was one thing. It wasn't like he'd lied or anything, but the mechanic had been expecting a little more to work with. What, did he expect her to open up first? Open up about what? She'd said all she needed to say back then and the awkwardness on their part was their lack of being able to properly communicate now. So if he didn't actually speak up and tell her what he really wanted, they wouldn't be able to get anywhere.

Looked like Jo had to be the mature one here and take charge. She leaned forwards, bracing her hands on her thighs, elbows jutting outwards from her body. "Well, Leo, why's that? Is it because you really did forgive me? It's never felt like that, not since you asked me if I'd seen her in front of all those people." Wait, that was probably too harsh-sounding and he might get the wrong message. Jo had to break out of the Tradeworld mentality again, but it was hard when that was the way you'd acted for most of your life.

She let out a quick breath, shaking her head. "Sorry, I'm being harsh again. Craters, Sonia was your sister. Do you... do you want a drink or something? I think I've got some soda in the fridge." She got up from her seat and went over to a little fridge in the corner, where she usually kept her lunch and a snack or two. "Something to drink could cool us both off. Or something to eat! But all I've really got is burritos... do you like double-meat, double-cheese? I could try to whip up something..."
    Leo
    Petabyte

Petabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    500/500  (500/500)
    Stamina Bar:
    90/90  (90/90)

Post by Leo on Tue Jul 12, 2011 5:10 pm

Wonderful, they hadn't even started yet and already things seemed to be going rough. I asked you about Sonia before I had known that you had lied to me. I forgave you afterwards in the wastelands and never asked about her again in front of anybody after that. He had never even brought up Sonia afterwards, it would have felt wrong to do so. Ah but see, now he was acting like Jo the same as Jo seemed to be acting like him. Maybe they were both letting their tempers get the better of them. He shouldn't be harsh with her, it wouldn't get either of them anywhere.

I'm sorry as well. I came here to talk with you. Not to fight with you, and no you don't have to trouble yourself with anything like that... Leo didn't want her to go through so much trouble in making things. To be perfectly honest Jo, I thought I had forgiven you, I'm just not so sure about that anymore.
    Jo Pistonne
    Zettabyte

Zettabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Jo Pistonne on Wed Jul 13, 2011 5:39 am

Didn't want food or drink? No wonder Leo was so thin! Jo kept her sigh to herself and sat back down, a soda in her hand. At least something fizzy would calm her nerves down so she cracked that bad boy open and had herself a swig. Auuuugh, that burned but was it worth it. Hey, what was this flavor?

"You know... It's kinda hard to say something in front of the person's you killed relative. Especially in a room filled with people. What did you want me to say!?" It was a no brainer to Jo! If she had said yes, what then? What would Leo have asked then? He would have only pressed for more answers, and Jo wasn't fooled a wink. She licked her lips and had herself another drink, keeping one eye on the police officer. "Yes? Is that what you wanted me to say, so that you could weaken me up to the point I would cry and confess everything that happened? I'm not a terrible person, Officer Leo. I wouldn't have killed your sister if I could have helped it. She was coming at me with murder in her smile, and I aimed to knock her out. How was I supposed to know that trying to subdue her so she could get help would kill her? I hadn't... No one had." Craters, he was making her out to be some sinner ready to be burned at the stake or something. She wasn't really a witch, was she? Jo sighed openly this time and set her chilled can down upon her knee.

"I understand I lied and that it was wrong, but you pushing for answers wasn't helping. I didn't appreciate it. It felt like you were interrogating me and without any proper cause in the first place. And after what had happened you were the last person I wanted to talk to. It just didn't feel right and I didn't know what to do. Anyway..." The mechanic sighed again and tried to word this right. "If I hadn't killed your sister out of self-defense, which I am truly sorry for, she would have killed me and my friends. Do you think it would be easy for you to apologize if that were the case? Please try to understand where I'm coming from and fit my boots, Officer Leo. I don't hate you. Craters, I don't really hate anyone."

Jo thought herself a fairly reasonable person, and she was trying to see this through as much as possible. She was grateful that Leo came down here to talk with her in person, but it would take just a little work from both parties. "And even then, Sonia has to apologize to us. I would certainly forgive her if she came on her own. Just trying to speak with us, even me, would be deserving of my forgiveness. It was just... a really bad for us all, and I'm willing to look past that. Are you?"

This time Jo looked Leo dead straight in the eyes and didn't blink a single eyelash. "Are you, Officer Leo? Are you ready to move past that with me?"
    Leo
    Petabyte

Petabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    500/500  (500/500)
    Stamina Bar:
    90/90  (90/90)

Post by Leo on Thu Jul 14, 2011 11:56 pm

It is hard to talk in a room of people. But that doesn't mean we had to talk in a room of people. Both of us were perfectly capable of leaving the room and going somewhere else. I'm not saying you're a terrible person either, I never have Jo. Leo watched her drink her soda indifferently.

I've never blamed you for my sisters death either, never once have I ever told you it was your fault. The only thing I was ever upset with you for at all was the fact that you lied to me about it. And I know you're sorry Jo but how would you have liked it if I had killed Zurg accidentally and lied to it about you? Dammit why id she have to look at him like that? Like he was blaming her and condemning her?

I understand how it hurts to kill someone, it's never easy and it changes you and I'm sorry that you had to go through that Jo. But try to put yourself in my shoes as well. That was my little sister. The only blood relation I have in this whole world. Can you understand how much worry I would have felt not knowing what was happening to her or if she was even alive anymore? This was awkward. So very very awkward.

If sonia ever comes back to life she'll come here. She wouldn't be able to stand herself if she didn't. Leo just stared right back at her without blinking. I was ready to move past this with you back in the wastelands. But I failed, if I'm able to do so this time it'll be a blessing. The thing is can you forgive yourself for killing my sister? Even in self defense? If you can't you'll never be able to move past it, and it'll eat you from the inside out. Not that the regret would ever really go away, nor would the damage ever be fully erased. It would leave it's scar, like all damage did. But it was better to forgive than to bury the emotions. Because in the end burying the emotions was more dangerous than letting them out.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Dec 14, 2017 8:15 am