Portal Breach: The Collision of Worlds :: v.4.0

Horrid Wilting is a sucky way to die

Horrid Wilting is a sucky way to die

Post by Guest on Sat Jul 02, 2011 1:25 am

Time: July 1, 2011
    Date: 3:00 pm

Well, Mister Dark was gone, and Kev was, as far as Morgana had been made aware, finally out of the soul pool. As Morgana recalled, Dark killed Kev after Morgana spoke to him, so Morgana could see how it could be interpreted that she goaded Dark into demonstrating how powerful he was. Of course, it was a fight, and people were going to be killed regardless of who said what, but Dark had chosen her words as the fuel to start his killing, not anyone else's. Had she not spoke, the bloodshed would have been put off. So, Morgana felt the need to speak to Kev about what had happened.

She flew from her Foggy Woods, loving her new wings, all the way to the cheesily named Lovers' Meadow. She considered some kind of gift, but she had no idea what to get Kev. Giving him potions was generally problematic, and he didn't have much use for any of Morgana or Calamity's other wares. Maybe some flowers for him to give to Leslie? Well, we'd see, maybe Kev would want to go flower picking with Morgana. You never know. Kev was an odd one.

Morgana swooped down from the skies, and landed in front of the cottage door. She adjusted her hair for a moment, and knocked.
    Kev

Level : 60

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Re: Horrid Wilting is a sucky way to die

Post by Kev on Sat Jul 02, 2011 1:44 am

Sitting inside the cottage, relaxing on the couch with three animals in his arms, was Kev. Dark's defeat was welcome, especially after dying at his hands, but he only wished he could have helped. Or punched him in the face. And the only thing he REALLY regretted, was that the bag of Gold Leslie had given him was still in that castle, with...whatever was left of his body.

He shuddered a bit, and held Shally close to his chest. Rotting into pieces and dust wasn't something easy to forget, especially when you fell asleep. But any further thinking was interrupted when Oscar jumped down from laying on Kev's chest, barking at the door, and a second later a knock came. Kev set Shally and Percy on the couch and opened the door.....and saw a winged Morgana on the other side.

"You!" Needless to say, Kev wasn't too glad to see her. He crossed his arms and leaned against the door, eying her. "Come to tell me how amazing it was when Dark killed me? And impressive?" Oh yes, he had heard about her applauding his death.

Post by Guest on Sat Jul 02, 2011 2:15 am

...Leslie had been gone a while, but did Kev really need to turn into the crazy cat lady? Or... dog lady? How disturbing. But Kev's mental health could wait. He was scolding her now, and eh, that was fair.

"...darling, I'm sorry I didn't show appropriate concern." Morgana said. "But you must understand, I know the spell he used. It cannot be countered once it's cast, it works too quickly. The moment it began to take effect, you were already dead. Horrid Wilting, it's called."

Morgana looked distantly at Kev for a moment, remembering the times she herself had cast it upon her enemies. Killing criminals, what a nice way to make a living without getting the guards all up in your business.

"But darling, the fight had only just begun." Morgana said. "If I had shown weakness and grieved for you, it would have only strengthened his resolve. Worse, it would have simply left myself and all the other grievers open to attack. But complimenting him, marveling at his power, that's how you lower his resolve. Surely you understand this, darling?"
    Kev

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Kev on Sat Jul 02, 2011 2:32 am

Three animals does not a crazy animal person make! And besides, Kev had TONS more before, but the cats all ran off. Kev listened to her explanations, and three animals coming to the open door and watching their master talk to the winged humanoid curiously.

Once she had spoken her part, Kev replied. "I don' blame you for not assisting or stopping it, I don't blame anyone for that. I couldn't even move myself, so there was nothing anything could do, not really." He couldn't blame Morgana for that any more than he could blame Zippy and the Links. Trying to help him would have gotten others frozen. NO ONE COULD BE BLAMED FOR THAT. But that wasn't what he was talking about.

"I actually don't understand that. I understand sucking up to a man, honestly I do. I sucked up to him too. But not about someone's death. That's crossing a line Morgana. And your egging him on was what led to him having some kind of....'Show Off How Big I am' thing and killing me. If you didn't want to seem weak, you could have just kept silent. Not 'Oh Darky Darling, how stupendous, what a good show, you killed him good!~'." He said, mimicking Morgana's voice at the end. Being killed was enough of a sucker punch, but speaking ill of the dead was something of a cultural taboo. True, he crossed this taboo himself when it concerned Delila and Dani, but to him, they were terrible people. Even if Morgana herself had been killed, not even to suck up to the guy, would he commend how she died.

Post by Guest on Sat Jul 02, 2011 10:59 am

Darky Darling. Oh Kev, you cosplayer. Maybe you could get a white wig and be Morgana for halloween! Morgana blinked, then chuckled lightly.

"This is why 'voice locks' on technology are so stupid. Look how well you can imitate me." Morgana remarked.

Hm, how to apologize to Kev. He clearly wasn't on the same page as her when it came to magic. That spell, as horrible as it was, was very advanced magic and always impressive to see used successfully. Watching it performed was like watching a sculptor perform his craft.

"I'm sorry, darling." Morgana said, mulling Kev's words over as she again stared distantly, watching the scene over again in her mind. "I'm 532. After that many years, seeing all the death I've seen, you get desensitized to... well, near everything a mortal shouldn't be desensitized to. And besides... I'm sure you won't care, but Horrid Wilting is such advanced magic, for someone who understands the craft, it's something of a treat to see, even in those circumstances."

Last edited by Countess Morgana on Sat Jul 02, 2011 11:37 am; edited 2 times in total
    Kev

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Kev on Sat Jul 02, 2011 11:23 am

Kev was like a chameleon at imitating people! He did shape up a bit at the compliment, stroking the ego worked on everyone. And then she started to apologize....and it actually left him really confused. She was apologizing for not being concerned about his death...and that was it? Had to be it, because she was justifying her liking what he'd done to him, and she didn't seem sorry about Mr. Dark killing him because of what she said.

He wasn't even really sure what to say. This was the strangest apology he'd ever gotten. She kept apologizing over not caring about his death, but that wasn't what he was angry about! It was the things she was justifying or not even acknowledging!

"I'm...incredibly confused. I like plants, but I wouldn't admire a man eating plant killing someone. I'll accept THAT apology, but I'm still not very pleased with you. I'm sorry Morgana, but I don't think we've touched on the real issue here yet. You can go ahead and leave though, if you want." He explained uncertainly. He was actually very perplexed about how to handle this little situation.

Post by Guest on Sat Jul 02, 2011 12:12 pm

...interesting analogy. Morgana likely would have referenced the Sarlacc if she had seen Star Wars. Where was Ahsoka when you needed her? But no, Morgana wasn't going to leave yet, not when the mouthless alien was still so displeased and so... not-understanding of Morgana's mindset. Or perhaps it'd be over when Kev made her see the light of HIS mindset. We'd see.

"I'd rather not, darling." Morgana said. "But I also think we shouldn't do this on your threshold, like I'm one of those deceitful girl scouts who somehow made it to my cabin."

They carry puppies and fake broken legs. They are EVIL.
    Kev

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Kev on Sat Jul 02, 2011 7:28 pm

Hmm....he'd given her the choice to just fly away with no consequences and she wanted to stay. He shrugged, although he looked down ashamed at remembering that he was being a bad host. If Leslie were here, Morgana would already be on the couch with some tea!

He ushered the animals out of the way and exited the doorway, letting her in. "Um, I'd give you tea, but I don't know how to make it..." He admitted, sitting on one end of the couch. He wasn't really sure how she'd be able to get in with that wingspan.

Post by Guest on Sat Jul 02, 2011 10:03 pm

She might have even put some Pillsbury cookies in the oven!

Morgana walked in the door, curling her wings all up to fit in. She had gotten used to them over the past several months, after all. She prepared to sit and discuss the issue at hand further, when the Kev admitted... that he didn't know how to make tea?

"You've been living without tea all this time?" Morgana asked in surprise. "You... oh darling. Come, show me where it is, I'll teach you."

It's putting a BAG in WATER, Kev! Dear Azura!
    Kev

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Kev on Sat Jul 02, 2011 11:42 pm

.....And now they were going to make tea. Kev was even more dumbfounded. They were making tea. They stated off with Kev being angry and her apologizing...and now tea. What. He nodded anyway though, he did miss tea.

"Its uh...in the kitchen. Somewhere. Follow me." Kev got up and led the way to the kitchen, grabbing one of the jars and showing her the little bags of tea.

".....How do we make this into liquid?" He asked awkwardly, hands clasped behind his back. Hopefully this wouldn't be like the lake, with Leslie randomly appearing when he was in a semi-compromising position with another female. 'Oh hi Leslie, I'm just making tea with this woman!'

Post by Guest on Sun Jul 03, 2011 12:08 am

Patience, Kev, one could not call oneeself a member of civilized society without having tea while in the process of discussing things. Even in Morgana's world! ...well, most people drank mead there, but the civilized and intelligent people had tea.

This wouldn't be so bad. He was just making tea, not mudwrestling with catgirls in bikinis. Morgana blinked at Kev, then chuckled, and retrieved a bag of tea.

"You don't turn it into a liquid, you put it IN liquid." Morgana said.

She was about to ask where the teapot was, but just looking at Kev, she knew he had no clue. So, she began searching for it himself.

"Do you like milk, sugar, or honey in it?" She asked.
    Kev

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Kev on Sun Jul 03, 2011 1:53 am

"Aaah..." Kev said, as he watched her search for something. Maybe she was looking for the pot thing where the tea was made? Unfortunately he didn't know where it was, so he stood off to the side, leaning on the counter. This was definitely one of the weirder moments of his life. Shally hopped up on the counter too, and he grabbed her up, petting her happily.

"So uh.....are we just gonna make tea the whole time you're here? Or are we doing something else too?" If Morgana wanted to keep apologizing or talking, they sure weren't doing a lot of it. And just standing and making tea was awkward.

Post by Guest on Sun Jul 03, 2011 2:25 am

Rummage rummage rummage... Leslie definitely picked out most of the stuff here... well, no, Kev wore tutus, much of this stuff could just as easily have been his choice.

Finally, Morgana found a teapot. As she began to fill it, Kev didn't answer how he liked his tea, and instead, just asked what they were doing.

"To the point, darling?" Morgana asked, setting the pot on the stove. "Alright, I guess we can start, then. I'd like to speak more about what happened."

She paused, mulling over how to broach the subject.

"...darling, do you know how many allies and friends I've seen die right in front of me?" Morgana asked tentatively.
    Kev

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Kev on Sun Jul 03, 2011 2:35 am

Almost as if he just remembered that Morgana had asked him a question, he answered. "Sugar! I like sugar! Sorry, I'm not thinking straight today." And neither was this rper. He placed Shally down on the ground as Morgana said she wanted to speak more about what happened.

"I'm going to guess tons." He answered. He could already see where this was going. But desensitized or not, you still don't applaud a death. Especially when Kev thought they were pretty friendly with each other! She tells Leslie about his love for her, he accuses her of wanting in Zurg's skirt, it was a routine.

Post by Guest on Sun Jul 03, 2011 2:58 am

Tons. Ha. Morgana just closed her eyes and nodded, bemused at the simplicity of Kev's response.

"291, darling." Morgana said, opening her eyes. "Including you and Blade, 291. I remember every one."

Morgana grabbed the jar of tea bags, and idly held it.

"My first husband... oh sure, he was technically still alive after he was bitten, but the man I knew was dead, replaced by that damn infection." Morgana said. "Several close friends, even Calamity at one point... that was before I learned to resurrect people. She was my first subject." She game a small smile at that. "But the point I'm trying to make isn't that I'm desensitized to it, darling. Do you know what all those murderers had in common? Breaking down, grieving for a loss, pleading with them to stop, all that only ever strengthened their resolve. I learned long ago that to win, you need to catch your enemy off guard, put him out of his element. That's why I admired his talent instead of cursing him out, darling. Reacting like he wanted us to would only make it worse. Understand?"

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Feb 25, 2018 6:30 am