Portal Breach: The Collision of Worlds :: v.4.0

I CALL UPON THE POWER OF THUNDER! (tag: Morgana, Calamity)

Re: I CALL UPON THE POWER OF THUNDER! (tag: Morgana, Calamity)

Post by Guest on Sat Jun 11, 2011 5:02 pm

Morgana chuckled. Mechanical monsters, machines, robots. She considered them yet another technological flash in the pan, soon to be replaced by the next 'great' invention. Magic, magic was eternal. It needed no improvements, and it had an answer for everything. Including what Link had requested.

"'Crumble', darling." Morgana said simply. "A high level spell in the school of transmutation, it will make any artificial construct fall to pieces with but your words." She smirked. "Ever so fun to see much-vaunted technology crumble at your feet~."

She looked around for a target, and found one in the training dummies.

"When you get better, you won't need a vocal component as your focus, but for now..." Morgana said. "...naykul matrak aygola!"

And just like that, the dummy she looked at began to rust, corrode, and degrade all over. A moment later, all joints, connecting components, and weakest structural points failed, and the dummy simply fell into dozens of pieces, continuing to corrode and degrade for several seconds after they settled on the ground. Morgana smiled eerily, and turned to Link.

"It's a destructive spell, so it works more easily when you're angry." Morgana said. "Try to visualize how it would happen, and really want it. Wish this," She motioned at the dummy, "upon your target. If you don't want it, it won't happen."

Give in to your hate, Luke.
    Link64
    Stock Pot Inn Staff

Stock Pot Inn Staff

Level : 60

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Link64 on Sat Jun 11, 2011 5:20 pm

Link gaped at the dummy, which appeared to almost melt before their eyes, as if it aged hundreds of years in mere seconds. He'd never seen magic do that, and he wondered if he could even do such a spell. It looked like it was hard to perform. And even more so, it kind of worried him, but he wasn't really sure why...

The boy turned to face a different dummy, keeping the mental image of the other in his head. "Naykul... matrak... aygola." He repeated the the magic words that Morgana had just spoken, and..... nothing happened.

Post by Guest on Sat Jun 11, 2011 5:26 pm

"...darling, please, put SOME effort into it." Morgana said, blinking at Link. "Say the words a few times so you don't sound like you need winding up."

"Perhaps he's not hateful enough, dear mother." Calamity said. "If you want, you can try to instead think that your life depends on the use of this spell. All you really need is a feeling of dedication. Only in my dear mother's mind does that equate to hatred." She smiled coyly at Morgana.

"It's the easiest emotion to feel with no real stimulus, darling daughter." Morgana said, returning the coy smile.
    Link64
    Stock Pot Inn Staff

Stock Pot Inn Staff

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Link64 on Sat Jun 11, 2011 5:33 pm

Link was shamed of his pitiful attempt, that hadn't worked at all...

"If you want, you can try to instead think that your life depends on the use of this spell. All you really need is a feeling of dedication. Only in my dear mother's mind does that equate to hatred."

Link listened to Calamity, and nodded. He returned hos gaze to the dummy, and tried to imagine it was about to attack him, that it was a threat and he had only seconds to do something, and his sword wouldn't work on it's metal body. "Naykul matrak aygola!" He shouted, again picturing the dummy that Morgana had melted as he said the words.
    System
    Portal Master

Portal Master

Level : ??

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    100000/100000  (100000/100000)
    Health Bar:
    Stamina Bar:

Post by System on Sat Jun 11, 2011 5:33 pm

The member 'Link & Tatl' has done the following action : Dice Rolls

'Coin Flip' :

Post by Guest on Sat Jun 11, 2011 11:07 pm

What a quick learner! At Link's words, the dummy rapidly corroded and degraded all over, melting on the plastics and corroding on the metals, until the weakest points failed first and the whole dummy crumbled into still-degrading pieces. A few moments later, and now the dummy's only purpose was answering the question "If a plastic bag takes 10,000 years to degrade, what does it look like at 5,000?".

"Darling!" Morgana said, impressed. "Very good. Now, this spell theoretically only works on constructs, not the lifeless armors of living people. Calamity, darling, you have some spells for that purpose, do you not?"

"I do." Calamity said, giving Link a smile. "Would you like to learn the Degrade spell of my world?"
    Link64
    Stock Pot Inn Staff

Stock Pot Inn Staff

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Link64 on Sat Jun 11, 2011 11:17 pm

Link nodded to Calamity. He'd used bombs to attack armored opponents in the past, like the Iron Knuckles he'd run into across Hyrule and Termina, but that took a lot of hits and it wasn't likely to do much good against the powerful armor here. Plus, bomb-throwing had to be timed right, too soon and the opponent could kick it away or back at him. It was wonder they let little kids play with such dangerous items...

Post by Guest on Sun Jun 12, 2011 10:09 am

"Alright." Calamity said, looking around the training room. Luckily, there were some dulled swords and training armor around, so she walked over to them, and turned to face Link.

"My world makes a clear distinction between the Corrode Armor spell and the Corrode Weapon spell, but it's basically the same thing." Calamity said. "It can work by touch or on at range. Like my dear mother's Crumble, you'll want to picture it happening, if it helps, and you have to want it."

Calamity idly smacked the armor beside her. Starting from where she touched, and expanding like a shockwave, heavy rust washed over the armor. Holes grew around the armors' weakest points, and no more than two seconds later, the armor completely fell apart, falling to a pile of scrap and releasing a cloud of rust. She then pointed at one of the swords across the room. A small, purple bolt was unleashed from her hand, and when it hit the sword, it too rapidly rusted, eroded, and crumbled to rusty dust.

Calamity smiled at her work, and looked at Link.

"It works on any weapon, any armor, no matter the material." Calamity said. "It can be blocked by enchantments to ward off magic, but we can teach you a Disenchant spell next. Anyway, try your best. Picture it, want it, all you need to know."
    Link64
    Stock Pot Inn Staff

Stock Pot Inn Staff

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Link64 on Sun Jun 12, 2011 6:21 pm

Link followed Calamity to the armor and weapons, watching her demonstration. He nodded, and turned to face a piece of practice armor. The thought crossed his mind that they'd probably need to replace all this damaged stuff...

Mimicing Calamity, Link put his hand on the armor, trying to make it do the same thing that she'd made the other do: rust away, become useless, give him a chance to overcome the oponent that would be wearing it were this a battle.
    System
    Portal Master

Portal Master

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    Health Bar:
    Stamina Bar:

Post by System on Sun Jun 12, 2011 6:21 pm

'Coin Flip' :

Post by Guest on Sun Jun 12, 2011 8:01 pm

But nothing happened.

Calamity washed a hand over the armor Link touched, sensing how much damage Link perhaps did on some invisible level. But alas, nope, nothing.

"Not quite." Calamity said, lowering her hand. She looked at the rusted pile of scrap that was the armor she demonstrated on. "Watch for sharp edges, but try feeling the scrap over there. Maybe imagining the feel will help."
    Link64
    Stock Pot Inn Staff

Stock Pot Inn Staff

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Link64 on Wed Jun 15, 2011 4:54 pm

Link nodded and walked to the eroded metal, placing his palm on it. He'd have to make the other armor do this, appear like this. He returned to the whole armor and tried the spell a second time, putting his hand against the metal, imaging it rusting away.
    System
    Portal Master

Portal Master

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    Health Bar:
    Stamina Bar:

Post by System on Wed Jun 15, 2011 4:54 pm

'Coin Flip' :

Post by Guest on Wed Jun 15, 2011 8:53 pm

Again, nothing. Calamity sighed, but she understood that this was difficult magic. She waved her hand over the armor again, and... hm.

"You... started it a little." Calamity said. "This spell sort of starts a chain reaction. You started it, but you didn't give it enough juice to make the effect self sustaining. Try... harder, I suppose."

"Hmm... try this, darling." Morgana said. "People who try too hard to do something often have more trouble doing that thing than they otherwise would have. Clear your mind a little. Close your eyes, and try to count to ten without thinking of anything else besides those numbers. I doubt you'll get past two, since you're new at it, but try a few times, then try the spell again."
    Link64
    Stock Pot Inn Staff

Stock Pot Inn Staff

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Link64 on Wed Jun 15, 2011 9:50 pm

That seemed weird, but he could give it a try. One... but would this really help? He wanted to learn these spells, he needed new spells to be able to fight new enemies. Okay, one... maybe they were too difficult for him, it wasn't like he was a magician. Sure, Hylians could learn magic, but there was a limit. He simply wasn't able to perform really complex and powerful spells. Right, count. One... two...

He looked at Calamity. He trusted her, unlike Morgana. Calamity seemed to really mean what she said, Morgana was hard to read, and he was still not willing to forgive her for apparently trying to have Miss Overcast killed. He like Miss Overcast a lot, and anyone who would ever threaten his friends was someone he'd be wary of forever.

One... two... three...

And he felt bad that he wasn't getting Calamity's spell, he hoped she wouldn't feel bad. She was a great teacher, it was his fault.

One... two... three... four...

Enough, this isn't helping! He pressed his hand against the armor again, imagining it melting away with rust and age, trying to perform the spell once more.

Current date/time is Sun Nov 19, 2017 10:57 pm