Portal Breach: The Collision of Worlds :: v.4.0

I CALL UPON THE POWER OF THUNDER! (tag: Morgana, Calamity)

Link64
    Stock Pot Inn Staff

Stock Pot Inn Staff

Level : 60

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

I CALL UPON THE POWER OF THUNDER! (tag: Morgana, Calamity)

Post by Link64 on Wed May 25, 2011 7:34 pm

(( http://th00.deviantart.net/fs32/PRE/f/2008/207/2/f/Magic_Training_by_TomPreston.jpg ))

Calamity had told Link that if he wanted to learn magic she and her mother were willing to teach students. Link didn't trust Morgana, but she was good at magic, and with Vivi in the hospital--another wave of guilt rushed over him at not being there to help--he had no one else he knew who could teach him. And he needed to learn, in case anything happened again. Right now he could do some magic, but he needed to hone what skill he had and add to it.

He stepped into the room they were going to be training in and looked around. It looked mostly like any of the other training rooms, big, with a closet and some fighting targets and dummies stacked against the wall.

Re: I CALL UPON THE POWER OF THUNDER! (tag: Morgana, Calamity)

Post by Guest on Wed May 25, 2011 8:42 pm

Link didn't have to wait long. A few minutes later, a pair of footsteps sounded. You could almost feel the magical presence in the room grow more powerful as the two witches approached. The door was gently pushed open, and Morgana and Calamity stepped in.

"Hello, Link, darling~." Morgana said, giving her usual ambiguous smile.
    "Hello, Link." Calamity said, with an actual smile. "It's been a while. How are you holding up?"

Morgana smiled at Link as she walked by him, grabbing some of the dummies and moving them around the room.
    Link64
    Stock Pot Inn Staff

Stock Pot Inn Staff

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Link64 on Wed May 25, 2011 8:55 pm

Link nodded to Morgana, not sure what to think of her strange smile, and then grinned at Calamity. "I'm doing well, and my shield has been really great!" He looked at the dummies that Morgana was setting up, but stayed standing near Calamity. He wondered what kind of magic he'd be learning... the only spells he knew were out of practice, he really only had his magic arrows that he was confident with right now.

Post by Guest on Wed May 25, 2011 9:07 pm

Calamity knelt down on one knee, to get near Link's eye level.

"Good! I'm glad." Calamity said, patting his head. "Let me know if you want me to do something with your sword, too. Maybe your hat? I can turn it into a wisdom hat, or something."

Morgana chuckled at the idea of a wisdom hat, and finished setting up the dummies.

"Alright, let the destruction begin, darling." Morgana said. "But first, what magic do you already know?"
    Link64
    Stock Pot Inn Staff

Stock Pot Inn Staff

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Link64 on Wed May 25, 2011 9:56 pm

Enchant his sword... that could be useful, keep it from breaking in battles with tough enemies, and as for the hat, well he wasn't sure-

"Alright, let the destruction begin, darling. But first, what magic do you already know?"

Link quickly turned his attention to Morgana as she spoke. The magic he already knew... well, he guessed he'd to best to demonstrate it. He stepped forward so he was a good distance from everything in the room, and drew his sword. First he'd show the sword spin, it was the first magic he'd learned. He held the blade out, focusing magic power into it until it started to glow blue, the magical swirling around it, he focused harder and the blue turned red, increasing in size. Then, with all his might, he unleashed the build up power but spining on the spot, the red magical power engulfing the aria around him.

He stood up straight and sheathed the sword, taking out his bow and an arrow. He aimed the arrow at one of the dummies and as soon as he drew it back a bright cone of flame erupted from it's tip. He released it and the fire arrow whizzed into the dummy's head, setting it on fire. He followed this with a second arrow, this time instead of fire a cone of tiny ice crystals covered the arrow, and when it landed on it's target the crystals covered the dummy's head in a sheet of ice. He readied a third arrow, and as he pulled it back a brilliant light began to shine from it's tip, lighting up the room. This arrow streaked toward the third dummy like a miniature comet, and as it hit the light intensified. This arrow would badly harm those with evil in their hearts, although to a good being it would hurt nothing more than a normal arrow, which was still painful, but the magic only effected evil.

Now, the three spells. Link thought back to them, remembering the steps and what he needed to do. Concentrating first on Din's Fire, he stepped back, summoning the magical fire, then pressed his palm against the ground as from it a fireball formed around him, engulfing a large part of the room near him.

Next was Farore's Wind, he stepped to the door and performed the spell, leaving it in the form of a green orb floating in the air in front of the door. Then he ran across the room, and then turned to face the door. it wasn't very far, but it would at least demonstrate what the spell could do. The boy disappeared, and then the green orb glowed suddenly, and as it's vanish Link appeared, in the air where the orb was, and dropped down to his feet. He knew this spell could be used for quicker, short distance teleporting, but he'd always used it to get back to a location when he'd gotten hopelessly lost in a dungeon. He had no idea how to use it any other way.

The final spell he knew was Nayru's Love, a protection spell, which would keep him safe for a short time from any attacks. Although his roleplayer wasn't sure this was legal on PB, he did canonly know it and so was going to show it off here, even if later it turned out that he couldn't use it. He cast the spell and a blue force field formed around him. "This is a shield," He eplained, in case they were wondering why he wasn't doing anything else.

That was all he knew. And he was exhausted already, the Goddeses' spells took a terrible toll on his magical stamina.

Post by Guest on Wed May 25, 2011 11:06 pm

Morgana and Calamity watched Link's display with great interest. He was so cute, doing all those things while being so small and child-y.

"No wonder Zelda likes you so much, darling." Morgana said. "A lady likes a talented man, one who can take care of himself, her, and their kids~." And she patted his head fondly, knowing it'd embarrass the boy and loving it.
    "Mother, dear, don't torture him." Calamity said, though she too had to smile at that.

Morgana chuckled, and looked at Link's handiwork, thinking about what they could work on.

"Well, darling, both my daughter and I are well versed in elemental magic." Calamity said. "Teleporting is more her thing, though shields are more mine. Enchanting weapons, her. So, we can't really work on everything today... what would you like to work on?"
    Link64
    Stock Pot Inn Staff

Stock Pot Inn Staff

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Link64 on Wed May 25, 2011 11:26 pm

Link's cheeks went red at Morgana's words. How many times did he have to tell people that Zelda was just his friend! Flustered and embarrassed, he looked up at Morgana through his hair as she explained what they'd do today. Or rather, what the choices were, which was everything. Great! He needed practice in... well, basically everything.

"I'd like to practice all of it, any of it you can teach me. Attacking magic would be really useful, something I can use against strong enemies, like the metal creatures. And ways to defend against their attacks." So far most of the robots he'd met were nice, but he knew not all were, and he also knew that if he were to fight one he'd be in serious trouble as he was. The same could be said for the people with shiny weapons that shot out light and weird fire. Giant monsters, wizrobes, and the living dead were one thing, but this technology was something completely new and he still didn't know how to deal with it. He needed to learn.

Post by Guest on Thu May 26, 2011 1:15 am

Morgana snickered at Link's redness and flusteredness. Calamity looked at him sympathetically, but couldn't help but giggle herself. Link was so cute~.

"Alright then, darling, let's focus on what you know." Morgana said. "Your fire skill is useful, but it would be far more useful if you could use it at range. So, instead of touching the ground, I want you to aim it at a dummy. Thrust your hand at the dummy, and imagine that you are touching it. Try to really feel the dummy in your hand, as if you really were touching it. That will help."
    Link64
    Stock Pot Inn Staff

Stock Pot Inn Staff

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Link64 on Thu May 26, 2011 1:57 pm

Focus the fire in a single direction... Link had never thought to even try that. He nodded to Morgana and then turned to face one of the dummies. Okay, focus it towards the dummy, imagine actually touching it. Link concentrated, trying again to summon the fire, but this time to send it towards the dummy directly, more controlled and specific.
    System
    Portal Master

Portal Master

Level : ??

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    100000/100000  (100000/100000)
    Health Bar:
    Stamina Bar:

Post by System on Thu May 26, 2011 1:57 pm

The member 'Link & Tatl' has done the following action : Dice Rolls

'Coin Flip' :

Post by Guest on Thu May 26, 2011 6:08 pm

But the fire just fizzled out in the air in front of Link, like a firebreather spitting his alcohol onto his torch. At this, Morgana just chuckled.

"Not quite." Calamity said, kneeling beside Link and patting his shoulder. "Maybe you should feel the dummy first, so you know what to imagine when you're picturing feeling it. Try again."
    Link64
    Stock Pot Inn Staff

Stock Pot Inn Staff

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Link64 on Thu May 26, 2011 6:17 pm

Link grimaced at his grand failure. That didn't work at all.

"Not quite. Maybe you should feel the dummy first, so you know what to imagine when you're picturing feeling it. Try again."

Link listened to Calamity's words and nodded to show he understood. He walked over and put his hand on the dummy's face for a second then stepped back and tried the spell again.
    System
    Portal Master

Portal Master

Level : ??

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    Health Bar:
    Stamina Bar:

Post by System on Thu May 26, 2011 6:17 pm

The member 'Link & Tatl' has done the following action : Dice Rolls

'Coin Flip' :

Post by Guest on Thu May 26, 2011 8:03 pm

The fireball scorched through the air and hit its mark, detonating the dummy into a wave of burning dummy parts.

"Very nice!" Calamity said, patting Link's head.
    "Zelda will be impressed, darling~." Morgana teased.

Calamity smiled, and looked at another dummy. She idly waved her hand at it, launching a fireball of her own at the dummy.

"Learning to do fireballs like that, by imagining the feel of the target, works in a test like this." Calamity said. "But it might not work in the field. Try again, but this time, don't bother imagining touching it, just look."
    Link64
    Stock Pot Inn Staff

Stock Pot Inn Staff

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Link64 on Thu May 26, 2011 8:21 pm

Link grinned as the spell worked, kind of hoping that Zelda would be impressed... if he ever saw her again.

"Learning to do fireballs like that, by imagining the feel of the target, works in a test like this. But it might not work in the field. Try again, but this time, don't bother imagining touching it, just look."

Alright. Link turned to the next dummy, and tried the spell, faster this time, trying to think how he'd need to react if it were a real enemy.

Current date/time is Sun Nov 19, 2017 10:49 pm