Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Re: Not having a good day...

Post by Jo Pistonne on Tue May 24, 2011 6:21 am

And certainly heard she had. Like clockwork Jo came running up the stairs, her breath in a quick pant as she nearly tripped over her own hasty feet. "I heard something fall and shake the entire shop! Are you boys okay!?" The mechanic was absolutely not prepared, however, to skid into a room where her baby, Proxy, laid mangled in a heap and her other "baby", Lawrence, sitting in a chair with silent, closed eyes. Okay, there was something very wrong with this picture and Jo didn't have to be a detective to figure it out. She almost blurted out something tactless, but thankfully she remembered Big Z's word of advice.

Always remember PR points.

"Lawrence..." Jo began to ask the butler, her tone rising near the end of his name. With her hands upon her hips and a foot lightly tapping upon the hard floor, the mechanic was slated for no-nonsense today. "What did you and Proxy do while I was downstairs working. Come on, cough it up. I'm not like Big Z where I'd ionize you on the spot."

Yet.

((Okay... I think this shall be my last post for the night. I'm sleepy! Good night, and good fight! Whew, those coins!))
    Lawrence

Level : 60

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Lawrence on Tue May 24, 2011 7:55 pm

Lawrence opened his optics when Jo said his name, managing not to wince when her tone rose. The mechanic did not look happy at all, with her hands on her hips and tapping one foot on the floor. Oh yes, this was going to hurt. The fight had been worth it, but this was still going to hurt. Knowing very well that letting her see how pleased he was with himself was a bad idea, he tried to keep his expression neutral.

The butler looked away from Jo, instead glaring at Proxy's still form. "He provoked me into doing this to him. He saw that I was rather irritable, and still he insisted in aggravating me further."

Lawrence looked up at Jo again, fidgeting a little. "You know how I am about tidiness, correct? I asked him politely to not make a mess of the storage rack in the room I've been using for my work, he ignored me and left it disorganized anyway. He couldn't just leave it at that, no; he also made messes in nearly every other room on this floor, knowing I would have to clean them. I grew more infuriated with each room, but I managed to finish. After all that work, I wanted to take a bit of a nap, but when I went to my usual spot I found him already there."

The butler looked away, sighing. "He acted innocent, then dropped a piece of trash on the floor and told me to pick it up. I... I overreacted, things got rather heated, and then the fight started."

Lawrence knew better than to say he won, that would only earn him an extra wrench whack. If Proxy were awake, he would probably consider the butler's next words as manipulative, but he was being mostly honest as he sadly looked to the mechanic. "I don't understand why he hates me so . . . we do have quite a few things in common, and I've never done anything to hurt you, at least not intentionally. We should be able to get along, but it just doesn't work . . . I just don't understand it at all."
    Jo Pistonne
    Zettabyte

Zettabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Jo Pistonne on Tue May 24, 2011 8:36 pm

Huh? Proxy had instigated the fight and Lawrence gave in? Boys, boys, boys... What was she going to do with these two knuckleheads? Shaking her head was the most appropriate action the mechanic could muster and she sighed after Lawrence finished his side of the story. "And here I thought you two could live in peace and harmony until Big Z gets better. My mistake..." But her previous scolding tone had pretty much diminished and she found herself at Proxy's side, kneeling and stroking the downed robot's quiet head.

"Maybe this is all my fault..." Why would it be her fault? "I should have known you two fighting would have been inevitable. The signs were there, I saw them, but... Oh, Proxy. I really wish you weren't so spiteful sometimes." Jo did the best she could to re-position Proxy's limbs to that he wouldn't be tangled later, and seeing how she couldn't lift all 777lbs of him she was at a loss of how to get him downstairs for repairs. Maybe it was better to let the robot recharge so that she could guide him down? Hm, it was worth a shot. But in the meanwhile, since she could help it, Jo finally glanced over at Lawrence and stood up. "Still, you could have been the mature one and gotten me before engaging in a fight. You're older than him, Lawrence, you should have known better." There would be no use scolding, however, as the deed had been done and the mechanic now had a beaten robot on her hands.

Instead she let out yet another sigh and ran a hand through her messy hair. "I guess it's that personality chip I had installed from Swindle. Maybe it's starting to overheat or malfunction. Proxy used to never be like this, you know? He was rather silent and well-behaved. Guess I need to go back to the drawing board..." Lawrence had posed a very good question, though. How come Proxy didn't get along with Lawrence, and most importantly, with anyone associated to Big Z? Just didn't make any logical sense, or rather, sense to an organic. Maybe something else was at work here and she just didn't know it...

Hm, another thing to investigate at another time. Her eyes then re-focused on Lawrence and she allowed a gentle smile. "Anyway, I'm glad you two aren't really busted up beyond repair. At least I can repair you both and still whack you two good afterwards--which I plan on doing later, by the way." School of hard knocks was Jo's choice of education!
    Lawrence

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Lawrence on Tue May 24, 2011 9:44 pm

Lawrence listened to Jo's words and winced a bit at the thought of getting whacked later, though he knew he deserved it. "Yes, I should have been more mature, but the blasted atmosphere around here has been making things difficult."

He had noted Jo trying to move Proxy's limbs and struggling with them. Lawrence would've offered to help carry the other robot downstairs, but just by looking he knew the much bigger machine was well beyond his lifting capacity. He considered Proxy's prone form for a moment longer, then grumbled inwardly and got the Chronoscepter out of his storage. Bah, the things he'll do for friendship and/or love... "However, consider this as my apology. Don't worry, this is the same ability I used on you and His Evilness all those days ago."

With that, Lawrence focused his power and started using the Chronoscepter to repair some of Proxy's damage. The soothing blue energy swept over the other robot. It wouldn't be a full repair, the butler was too tired for that, but it would be enough so that the larger bot could get downstairs under his own power. When he finished, he put the time staff away. He sighed wearily, really wanting to take a nap now. "There, he should be able to move, at least."

Lawrence couldn't help but yawn at that point, stretching a bit. "Now, if you'll excuse me, I think I'm going to take that nap that I was so rudely kept from." The butler made himself more comfortable in the chair he sat on, then shut his optics and dropped into sleep mode.
    Jo Pistonne
    Zettabyte

Zettabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Jo Pistonne on Tue May 24, 2011 10:03 pm

Well, Jo could understand where Lawrence was coming from. Mister Dark's taint wasn't exactly helping and the mechanic couldn't entirely put the blame upon the poor butler, but he still wasn't off the hook. She was about to reply when Lawrence did one of the most kindest things she had ever seen one of Big Z's minions do: he was trying to heal Proxy a little! Aww, now if that didn't melt your heart or processor the mechanic didn't know what did. She had to put on one of her biggest smiles as Lawrence worked his magic and she went over to help Lawrence get back into the chair. "Okay, okay, I'll scold you later, butler bot."

Jo waited for Lawrence to enter sleep mode before pulling off a heartwarming act of her own. "Take a rest, Lawrence. Thank you for helping Proxy out." She then gently kissed the top of his head, the act taking a few tender moments, and she returned to Proxy who was now starting to groggily come to.

"And as for you, mister..." Jo stood over her creation with her hands upon her hips and that scolding tone back. "We're going to be having some words, you and I."

Proxy could only lower his head and whimper.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Dec 12, 2017 12:50 pm